PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh at Lafayette, Game 148: Official Pre-Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Pard4Life
November 10th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Here we go...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Everyone will be Lafayette fans next week. This seems like the perfect set-up to end the streak ala '09.

RichH2
November 10th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Yup, ket the trash talk begin. I want to forget today quickly.

ITmonarch10
November 10th, 2012, 03:13 PM
I wanted Lehigh to win just to make sure they didnt steal and at large bid. There is a chance the playoff committee my still select Lehigh for the playoffs. Hopefully lehigh falls like 10 spots in the polls to keeps them outside the playoff discussion completely.

Southsider
November 10th, 2012, 03:37 PM
I wanted Lehigh to win just to make sure they didnt steal and at large bid. There is a chance the playoff committee my still select Lehigh for the playoffs. Hopefully lehigh falls like 10 spots in the polls to keeps them outside the playoff discussion completely.

They might. But if they finish 10-1 I can see them playing on TDay weekend. Not that I think they deserve to be, but I can see why the Committee would select a 10-1 team with some Cred.

LEHIGH61
November 10th, 2012, 04:02 PM
I wanted Lehigh to win just to make sure they didnt steal and at large bid. There is a chance the playoff committee my still select Lehigh for the playoffs. Hopefully lehigh falls like 10 spots in the polls to keeps them outside the playoff discussion completely.What the f--- is your problem, newby?

LEHIGH61
November 10th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Everyone will be Lafayette fans next week. This seems like the perfect set-up to end the streak ala '09.

LIKE HELL!

LEHIGH61
November 10th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Here we go...Have someone let me know when you die! I want to party!

Franks Tanks
November 10th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Have someone let me know when you die! I want to party!

You are a complete douchebag, even by Lehigh standards.

LEHIGH61
November 10th, 2012, 04:13 PM
You are a complete douchebag, even by Lehigh standards.The other guy has been a douche forever

Franks Tanks
November 10th, 2012, 04:14 PM
The other guy has been a douche forever

Pot calling kettle black.

LEHIGH61
November 10th, 2012, 04:21 PM
NANANA NANANA

Southsider
November 10th, 2012, 04:30 PM
The other guy has been a douche forever

Gotta side with 61 on this one! P4L has been a Douche Bag. He probably doesn't like Santa Claus either.

Neighbor2
November 10th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Lafayette football. Nice stadium. Still a Pussy Palace.

LehighU11
November 10th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Have a feeling this will be Lafayette's revenge for 2009. Lepers came off a draining home loss against HC that cost them the League title and lost to a young Lehigh team. Now, the roles are reversed and I have a bad feeling Lehigh will fail to show up for 60 minutes for the 11th time this season and it will cost them again.

Andy Coen should have been given the boot after 2009, but unfortunately 2 wins over Lafayette (despite losing seasons) after a four year drought is considered a success. If you make beyond questionable playcalls on a weekly basis, and can't get your team to show up once in the 3rd quarter through 10 games, you aren't doing your job. Pards' fans complain about Tavani; I honestly think Coen is no better--he has just had some incredibly talented athletes in Lum, Spadola, and Groome to cover for him these past few years. It goes back to last year: NDSU would have been a closer game had it not been for his decisions. A complete inability to make halftime adjustments.

Today: 48 yards in all but the last minute of the second half in a championship game at home is simply inexcusable. Those 15 yard failed pass attempts were just plain stupid.

RichH2
November 10th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Agree on game adjustments. None apparent certainly not good ones.

A comment. Lets avoid personal attacks. They are unwarranted here. Attack school , team whatever and try to have a sense of humor.

Pard4Life
November 10th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Have someone let me know when you die! I want to party!

Look, all of FCS knows you are a cantankerous old man who gets flippant if someone doesn't mention "Lehigh" "best-ever" "#1" or "Ryan Spadola is the best WR in the history of FCS football." You may want to refrain from taking your Ciallis so you don't get all reved up and over-exuberant this week. But I guess it's a bit too late for that...

Engineer86
November 10th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Gotta agree with some of the posts so far, I have gotten PMs that would support it. I do not expect Lehigh to lose to the pussy cats, they are a playoff team but one poor coaches decision has cost them all season. Lets hope they get past that next week, because they are the better team.

Pard4Life
November 10th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Yup, ket the trash talk begin. I want to forget today quickly.

Me too. We agree on something. Scary given the week.

RichH2
November 10th, 2012, 05:55 PM
True enuf P4L, sorry if I went too far just felt you had.
It would be nice to get Bogie back for some pointed humor. Hopefully we'll get bavk to trashing coaches , teams, sexual preference, schools, et al.

Lehigh'98
November 10th, 2012, 06:38 PM
We haven't played a full game all year, wouldn't it be nice to finally put it together against the lepers (then sneak in the playoffs and win a national title).

carney2
November 10th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Have a feeling this will be Lafayette's revenge for 2009.

On the plus side (agreeing with your comment), the ChickenSquawks have been overrated all year and are ready to be plucked.

On the other side of that coin - have you seen Lafayette the last three weeks? Yuk!

carney2
November 10th, 2012, 06:47 PM
It would be nice to get Bogie back for some pointed humor.

He's still in search of a rowboat, a pack of matches and a friend with electricity.

LEHIGH61
November 10th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Look, all of FCS knows you are a cantankerous old man who gets flippant if someone doesn't mention "Lehigh" "best-ever" "#1" or "Ryan Spadola is the best WR in the history of FCS football." You may want to refrain from taking your Ciallis so you don't get all reved up and over-exuberant this week. But I guess it's a bit too late for that...You don't know me at all.

Franks Tanks
November 10th, 2012, 07:25 PM
You don't know me at all.

Obviously we don't know you. You could be Andy Coen, Joe Sterrett or some dude who cleans the floors at Stabler. All we know is the garbage you post here and we make judgements based on the information we have available.

lehighfball
November 10th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Lehigh wins next week by 14.

ngineer
November 10th, 2012, 09:32 PM
While today's loss is devastating, Lehigh still has a lot to get 'up' for besides it being #148. They know a win means a decent chance to make the playoffs, and a 10-1 record goes down as one of the best records of all time in 128 years of football. Leotards have the goal of finishing the season with winning ledger for the fist time in three years. Seems to me when the players come into Fisher and see the opposing colors, they all see red and last week's failure will be long lost in the mist of the past.

Pard4Life
November 10th, 2012, 10:35 PM
We may need to rescue Bogie so he can show-up for this week... I see it playing out like the Jack Russell Snake Plissken movies: "Escape from New Jersey." I give Bogie's odds of showing up greater than Lafayette on Saturday.

Where is that muckraker LFN? Drowning in tears I suppose over losing to Lehigh's main rival. I'd rather read Bill Simmons' columns on ESPN anyhow.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 10th, 2012, 10:38 PM
We may need to rescue Bogie so he can show-up for this week... I see it playing out like the Jack Russell Snake Plissken movies: "Escape from New Jersey." I give Bogie's odds of showing up greater than Lafayette on Saturday.

Where is that muckraker LFN? Drowning in tears I suppose over losing to Lehigh's main rival. I'd rather read Bill Simmons' columns on ESPN anyhow.

The only muck I see is that bunch of puddles you call a defense.

Pard4Life
November 10th, 2012, 10:43 PM
The only muck I see is that bunch of puddles you call a defense.

You are mistaken. That is the offense or the coaching staff.

LehighU11
November 10th, 2012, 11:11 PM
The 148th: The Battle of the No-Shows. Whichever team can put in the closest thing to a 45 minute performance will be the victor. Final score: Disgruntled fans disparaging inept coaches and lackluster senior QBs 17, Inept coaches and lackluster senior QBs 10.

RichH2
November 10th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Ah, it starts .P4L be careful mentioing Simmons, the Purple Horde will disembowel you.

Pard4Life
November 11th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Ah, it starts .P4L be careful mentioing Simmons, the Purple Horde will disembowel you.

It's basketball season so I can say anything about HC and not get called on it. They are all gone. Like HC should be in the same conference as Assumption and Salve Regina... forget the Big East. Same with Bucknell, who already beat Purdue.

Pard4Life
November 11th, 2012, 08:45 AM
The 148th: The Battle of the No-Shows. Whichever team can put in the closest thing to a 45 minute performance will be the victor. Final score: Disgruntled fans disparaging inept coaches and lackluster senior QBs 17, Inept coaches and lackluster senior QBs 10.

Thinking the same thing: whoever shows up most or last will win. And who wants it more. This may be a very unpredictable roller coaster game.

If you always wanted to spend three quarters drinking in the parking lot during L-L, this may be the year (if you missed last year).

Lafalumni29
November 11th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Thinking the same thing: whoever shows up most or last will win. And who wants it more. This may be a very unpredictable roller coaster game.

If you always wanted to spend three quarters drinking in the parking lot during L-L, this may be the year (if you missed last year).

Wondering which team will show up also makes this an interesting, if not, exciting game to watch. I'm looking forward to a competitive throwback game with a few trick plays.

Pard4Life
November 11th, 2012, 10:09 AM
I don't know 29, last time we out foxed ourselves in 2009 and last year's trick attempt was just laughable. Unless we have a chance to pull a Mike O'Connor play again... most gutsy call ever!

Lafalumni29
November 11th, 2012, 10:15 AM
I don't know 29, last time we out foxed ourselves in 2009 and last year's trick attempt was just laughable. Unless we have a chance to pull a Mike O'Connor play again... most gutsy call ever!

I hear you. I was referring the successful plays!! xlolx.

In the early to mid Russo years they seemed to work almost 100% of the time. Right now all I want is a complete game. Lehigh sux.

RichH2
November 11th, 2012, 10:23 AM
A complete game by either of these teams would be a miracle but team that comes closest will win.
11 I think you have the right take coming out of this week. Altho a disgruntled team member ,I do hope our coaches out score us and Pards.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 11th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Lehigh has to come out and play this game as if it is their last, because there's a decent chance it may be. If they don't, they're doomed.

Engineer86
November 11th, 2012, 10:55 AM

Last year was a good one to drink the last three quarters

Pard4Life
November 11th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Last year was a good one to drink the last three quarters

I think carney broke out the flask at 12 minutes of the first quarter. For me it was when Shoop had a meltdown.

LEHIGH61
November 11th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Lehigh will take their frustrations out on the kitties and put on an offensive display like the one we expected all season. Lehigh 42-14.

CHIP72
November 11th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Both teams have a lot to play before besides playing an archrival (Lehigh probably gaining a I-AA playoff berth, Lafayette posting a winning season) and from my point of view (and I'm probably the only person on here who feels this way; treat me like Switzerland and not Poland :)); I'd like to see both results happen but obviously that's an impossibility. I think Lafayette has really been disappointing since the Robert Morris game or at least the Princeton game and they seem to be going backward rather than forward, so I'd be surprised if the Leopards pull the upset. On the other hand, Lehigh has had so many close games this season that it would be surprising if Lafayette wouldn't be able to hang around and keep it close. The Mountain Hawks may also be deflated blowing a big lead at home in what essentially was a league championship game. If the Leopards were playing more like they did earlier in the season rather than how they are now, I'd pick the upset, but I think the Mountain Hawks will find a way to pull out the win.

My prediction: Lehigh 31 Lafayette 24

LehighDad
November 11th, 2012, 11:14 PM
The football teram we be up for this game and will put a big hurt on Lafayette... ++++ Lehigh beat Duke!!!

LehighDad
November 11th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Lehigh will win big time....the team and fans are "constant Lehigh."

van
November 12th, 2012, 06:41 AM
who is under center for leotards this week?

carney2
November 12th, 2012, 07:36 AM

Unknown. My guess is that it goes like this:

1. Zweizig - If there are no lasting effects from Saturday's helmet to chin hit that took him out of the Fordham game. Looked like something that could yield concussion symptoms, but there are no reports of any at this time.*

2. Shoop - If he has recovered from foot/ankle problems. He was hobbling around on one foot after the Fordham game, so he is VERY questionable.*

3. Ohradznsky - If he plays it would, I believe, be his first ever appearance in a college game.

You can bet that Tavani won't be stepping up to a mike anytime soon to announce the status of his QBs.

*Reports now are that (1) Zweizig's injury is to the chest/shoulder area, and he should be ready for Saturday, and (2) Tavani also expects Shoop to be ready.

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Reasons not to be optimistic. Plus ZZ's father is seriously ill.

carney2
November 12th, 2012, 07:58 AM
A "wait "til next year" comment on Lafayette -

At the moment there are no seniors starting on offense and 5 starting on defense. For those of you with Lehigh educations or others who are math challenged, that means 17 returning starters. C'mon Squawkers, you can get to 17. Take off both shoes and keep counting.

Franks Tanks
November 12th, 2012, 08:20 AM

You guys are still starting Colvin correct?

We should be fine then.

RichH2
November 12th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Sad news on ZZ. Hope his Dad recovers. In reality that is what counts, game is just that a game, no matter how much we agonize over it.

PAllen
November 12th, 2012, 08:30 AM
The real question is which team Colvin throws more TD passes to.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 12th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Sad news on ZZ. Hope his Dad recovers. In reality that is what counts, game is just that a game, no matter how much we agonize over it.

+1000

van
November 12th, 2012, 09:26 AM
The real question is which team Colvin throws more TD passes to.

+1

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Reading Reinhard's blog, it says that ZZ's shoulder was the issue on the hit, not his head. ZZ said he was ready to go on Saturday night. But his father is still not in good shape... turns out he rode the team bus back to Easton because he had a setback and could not receive visitors until Sunday. It does not sound good since his family "had decisions to make" according to Tavani.

Schuerman is questionable for Saturday with a hip pointer. That means he likely plays.

Kirkpatrick will be good to go and Shoop has a deep bone bruise.

Franks Tanks
November 12th, 2012, 09:31 AM
+1000

Per the MCall blog ZZ's dad appears to be in very serious condition. Frank mentioned that he talked to ZZ and he said he wants to play, but whatever the young man decides to do will of course be fine with us. We are lucky to have a kid like ZZ on our team. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

van
November 12th, 2012, 09:41 AM
We are lucky to have a kid like ZZ on our team. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

+1 on that, best wishes for him and his family

RichH2
November 12th, 2012, 10:08 AM
A dose of reality in our little world. Reminds me of what Probst had to endure. Just hope it get's better for him and his family. Our prayers are with them.

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Forecast for Easton: 49 and sunny blue skies.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 12th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Changed the avatar. Thinking of ZZ. Prayers for him and his family.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 12th, 2012, 12:54 PM
I arrived back in PA around 1:30 AM this morning. I'm pumped for Saturday!!

They better win this year because I'll be at 'Cats-Griz next season in Bozeman. I don't want to wait until 150!

JimboCBA72
November 12th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Having witnessed both teams vs. my Rams, I can't see Leps winning this game. Leps had no running game against us and other than the WR Ross, they don't have too many offensive weapons. I also heard that FT had to discipline 3 seniors for breaking curfew Friday night. Not a good sign

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Having witnessed both teams vs. my Rams, I can't see Leps winning this game. Leps had no running game against us and other than the WR Ross, they don't have too many offensive weapons. I also heard that FT had to discipline 3 seniors for breaking curfew Friday night. Not a good sign

We do not need any offensive "weapons." We do not have any more or less offensive weapons than Lehigh, and Ross=Spadola. We are purely a 'system' offense.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 12th, 2012, 01:52 PM
We do not need any offensive "weapons." We do not have any more or less offensive weapons than Lehigh, and Ross=Spadola. We are purely a 'system' offense.

1st and 10. Run into the line. 2nd and 11...

Lehigh'98
November 12th, 2012, 01:58 PM

Sadly, that was us in the 2nd half this past week. Very hard to watch without wanting to throw things.

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Sadly, that was us in the 2nd half this past week. Very hard to watch without wanting to throw things.

That was you in the Princeton game too!

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2012, 02:19 PM

No, you have it wrong:

1) Run the ball
2) Run it again
3) Incomplete pass
4) Punt

Repeat.

Franks Tanks
November 12th, 2012, 02:28 PM

Did you actually watch the game? Our "other" WR had something like 150 yards recieving. Take away a pick 6 by our QB and the game would've come down right to the wire.

Lehigh'98
November 12th, 2012, 02:29 PM
That was you in the Princeton game too!

I just like it so much better when it refers to you guys.

Franks Tanks
November 12th, 2012, 02:29 PM
No, you have it wrong:

1) Run the ball
2) Run it again
3) Incomplete pass
4) Punt

Repeat.

With Shoop #3 has been take 7 yard sack after holding the ball for 8 seconds.

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Did you actually watch the game? Our "other" WR had something like 150 yards recieving. Take away a pick 6 by our QB and the game would've come down right to the wire.

Even better: all of Fordham's second half points came off of TOs... like the Eagles game... or else I'm confusing the two.

I don't have the stats but we had over 100 on the ground if I recall.

Franks Tanks
November 12th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Even better: all of Fordham's second half points came off of TOs... like the Eagles game... or else I'm confusing the two.

I don't have the stats but we had over 100 on the ground if I recall.

Yup- the turnovers killed us and we didn't deserve to win the game because of that. However we had over 100 yards more than the Rams in total offense- 449 to 340.

heath
November 12th, 2012, 02:58 PM
"THE GAME" still has tickets available?Wow,didn't realize filling 14,000 seats was such a problem for such a rivalry.I know one team sucks and the other is overrated,but go support your team.Funny thing is,many of you guys posting smack on AGS and other boards will not even make the effort to be there.:( No wonder the Patriot League gets zero respect. Sit at home drink your Yuengling,and cuss at your TV.BTW, don't forget to add your expert opinion on the game thread.xsalutex Hope any extra tickets can be donated to local youth teams ,but who would really want to place kids in the middle of such drivel.

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2012, 03:11 PM
"THE GAME" still has tickets available?Wow,didn't realize filling 14,000 seats was such a problem for such a rivalry.I know one team sucks and the other is overrated,but go support your team.Funny thing is,many of you guys posting smack on AGS and other boards will not even make the effort to be there.:( No wonder the Patriot League gets zero respect. Sit at home drink your Yuengling,and cuss at your TV.BTW, don't forget to add your expert opinion on the game thread.xsalutex Hope any extra tickets can be donated to local youth teams ,but who would really want to place kids in the middle of such drivel.

I don't even know who you are referring to: I have season tickets and all of the Pard posters here go to the game.

The excess tickets are unfortunate... and it's not just Lafayette... attendance at Lehigh has been down and they had to push to sell the game earlier in the decade. And they want to move this game to Yankee Stadium?

RichH2
November 12th, 2012, 05:11 PM
No, you have it wrong:

1) Run the ball
2) Run it again
3) Incomplete pass
4) Punt

Ah , I see we both tend to run the same O at times.

Repeat.

Heck of a way to come into this week

Go...gate
November 12th, 2012, 05:49 PM

Sorry to learn of this. Hope his Dad is going to be all right. And, yes, a football game sure as hell pales in comparison with a parent's swift and full recovery.

Lafalumni29
November 12th, 2012, 05:58 PM
http://bit.ly/SRceFL

Bad news on ZZ's Dad in Reinhard's blog.

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Just heard too... Mr. Zweizig died, 56... very sad... thoughts and prayers...

http://blogs.mcall.com/sports/2012/11/jonathan-zweizig-56-father-of-lafayette-qb-dies.html

RichH2
November 12th, 2012, 06:15 PM
So sad and so young. Our prayers and condolences to the family and to his teamates.
Tragic.

RichH2
November 12th, 2012, 06:15 PM
So sad and so young. Our prayers and condolences to the family and to his teamates.
Tragic.

Lehigh'98
November 12th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Very sorry for the family and Lafayette football family.

Pards Rule
November 12th, 2012, 07:38 PM
I don't even know who you are referring to: I have season tickets and all of the Pard posters here go to the game.

The excess tickets are unfortunate... and it's not just Lafayette... attendance at Lehigh has been down and they had to push to sell the game earlier in the decade. And they want to move this game to Yankee Stadium?

This will be my 33rd game. Understand what ZZ is going through with my dad in a similar situation but hanging in there after diagnosis with stage 4 lung cancer (and one who didnt smoke) in April 2010 and thankfully is still here. My heartfelt sympathy to ZZ and family. Thx LFN for the avatar.

Engineer86
November 12th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Any word on Bogie? All kidding aside, hope the damage was not that bad and it was just a power outage.

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Any word on Bogie? All kidding aside, hope the damage was not that bad and it was just a power outage.

I don't know... he checked with a post on the Pard board that read like "food, water supplies low, morale low... no hope of rescue, please send help."

He doesn't live near the shore I think, but all of NJ has power issues. He said he was living in a motel.

Sam
November 12th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Prayers go out to QB zz and his family for their loss.

LehighU11
November 12th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Condolences to Zach Zweizig and his family, as well as Lafayette. Truly a tragic story for someone that age to pass away so suddenly. Hope ZZ and his family can heal, and that he has several great years ahead of him at LC. He sounds like a bright, good kid from a terrific HS football program. Wilson (West Lawn) is well known in my area for great athletes, including the likes of Kerry Collins and Chad Henne. Pards sound like they have quite a promising QB.

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2012, 08:22 PM
LC appreciates the support Lehigh guys.

This is supposed to be a fun week, but we are reminded what is truly important.

As a result, I propose that both Lafayette and Lehigh posters refrain from making insults, snarky comments, daggers, general rudeness etc. until noon tomorrow.

I know the football game is the least important thing at the moment for the Pards.

RichH2
November 12th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Absolutely . We can do little to help ZZ and his family but we should respect their grief. In this we must be together.
Well said P4L. I'm in.

Engineer86
November 12th, 2012, 08:59 PM
I don't know... he checked with a post on the Pard board that read like "food, water supplies low, morale low... no hope of rescue, please send help."

He doesn't live near the shore I think, but all of NJ has power issues. He said he was living in a motel.

I thought he was out near Pburg

Lehigh Football Nation
November 12th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Thoughts and prayers for ZZ and his family. Too tragic for words.

ngineer
November 12th, 2012, 09:33 PM

Which 3?

ngineer
November 12th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Just heard too... Mr. Zweizig died, 56... very sad... thoughts and prayers...

http://blogs.mcall.com/sports/2012/11/jonathan-zweizig-56-father-of-lafayette-qb-dies.html

Out of town on business and behind the curve on news. Sorry to hear about this. Very sad and traumatic event for a young man whose Dad has been a major influence. In most circumstances, I would expect this will be a very motivtional event for your QB for next year.

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2012, 09:41 PM

No I think Bogie is in the Princeton or central NJ area.

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2012, 09:42 PM

No I think Bogie is in the Princeton or central NJ area.

ngineer
November 12th, 2012, 09:46 PM
So sorry to hear about ZZ's Dad. I'm out of town on business and a bit behind the curve (literally, I'm in Altoona!). With such a tragic circumstance I'm sure ZZ is hurting bad due to his closeness with his Dad. I'm sure he will come back stronger than ever and this will be a huge motivation for him next year. I'd be surprised if he plays this week. Too much to absorb in one week. Thoughts and prayers to the 'pard community

LehighDad
November 12th, 2012, 11:16 PM
I know all the Lehigh family sends its heartfelt condolences and sympathy to young Zach and his family. There are really no words to adequately express our sympathy for the devastation and profound loss he must be feeling. We can only hope that his years of happiness and his many good memories of his father will enable him to live with this sad loss.

lehighfball
November 13th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Thoughts and prayers go out to ZZ and his family. Very sad.

Gater
November 13th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Will keep Zach and his family in my prayers.

Southsider
November 13th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Wow, very sad. Losy my brother at 46. His son played for Pards at the time. Suddenly, game/playoffs just don't seem to matter. Zach is lucky to have his Pard family behind him. It will help him tremendously now, and down the road.

Lafalumni29
November 13th, 2012, 08:42 AM
The LC community appreciates the classy posts from the Lehigh base. You want to like this kid even more? Read this....

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/brad-wilson/index.ssf/2012/11/lafayette_colleges_zach_zweizig_standing_tall_desp ite_suffering_a_terrible_loss.html#incart_river

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Which 3?

I take it back... Pard fans really need to support the team and ZZ this week.

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2012, 11:33 AM
The LC community appreciates the classy posts from the Lehigh base. You want to like this kid even more? Read this....

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/brad-wilson/index.ssf/2012/11/lafayette_colleges_zach_zweizig_standing_tall_desp ite_suffering_a_terrible_loss.html#incart_river

Touching story. His teammates will hopefully help carry him this week too. No matter how tough it sounds like he is, you always need your friends to help get by.

RichH2
November 13th, 2012, 12:01 PM
While I have always enjoyed the bashing we annually give each other, I just dont feel like it this year. Not now.
A good game with no injuries . May both of us play our best. ( and ,of course, a Lehigh win). Still going to root for my guys.

van
November 13th, 2012, 12:15 PM
While I have always enjoyed the bashing we annually give each other, I just dont feel like it this year. Not now.
A good game with no injuries . May both of us play our best. ( and ,of course, a Lehigh win). Still going to root for my guys.

+1

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Some interesting Lafayette-Lehigh data:

When Lafayette enters with 5 wins, they are 19-9-1. However, they are 2-7 since 1970 with wins in 1986 and 2006. Recent losses include 2003 and 1996.

When Lehigh enters with 9 wins, they are 4-1. Their wins are 1979, 1999, 2001, and 2011. Their only loss is 2004.

Lafayette and Lehigh have only met once with five and nine wins respectively, a Lehigh victory in 1979.

Lafayette entering with five or more wins: 46-22-1.

Lehigh entering with nine or more wins: 7-1.

Meeting when Lafayette has five or more wins AND Lehigh nine or more wins: 1-1, 1979 and 2004.

When Lafayette and Lehigh meet with each having five or more wins: Lafayette 18-14. It happened for six consecutive years between 2002 and 2007. Lafayette went 5-1.

Lafayette and Lehigh have met only four times when both teams had seven or more wins entering the game: Lafayette is 3-1, with wins in 1981, 2004, 2005, and a loss in 1903.

Lafayette has lost 63 times in the week preceding the Lehigh game. They are 24-39-3 in the Game. Their last wins were 1989, 1986, and 1966.

Lehigh has lost 60 times in the week preceding the Lafayette game. They are 22-35-3 in the Game. Their last wins were 1997, 1996, and 1993.

When both have lost the preceding week, the series is tied 13-13-2. The last time it happened was 1993, 1990, 1989.

Lafayette last entered the game with a loss last year.

Lehigh last entered the game with a loss in 1997.

Lafayette has entered the game on a three-game skid 12 times and has gone 4-8 against Lehigh. Their only wins were 1986, 1966, 1933, and 1884. The last time it happened though as 2000. In this scenario, Lehigh has entered with more than five wins four times and has won them all (1950, 1951, 1978, 2000). However, the most wins Lafayette has ever had during the three game skid, five, resulted in a win in 1986 against a five-win Lehigh team.

When Lafayette enters with five or more wins AND on a losing streak (one or more), they are 11-8-1. They have lost three in a row though... 2009, 2008, 1993, with their last win in 1986. AND when Lehigh has five or more wins when facing said Lafayette team, Lafayette is 5-4. And, extending the scenario further, when Lehigh enters having lost the previous week, they are 1-2, their last win being 1905 and Lafayette wins in 1993 and 1902.

RichH2
November 13th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Some neat trivia questikns for the book on 150th game.

Lehigh'98
November 13th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Some interesting Lafayette-Lehigh data:

When Lafayette enters with 5 wins, they are 19-9-1. However, they are 2-7 since 1970 with wins in 1986 and 2006. Recent losses include 2003 and 1996.

When Lehigh enters with 9 wins, they are 4-1. Their wins are 1979, 1999, 2001, and 2011. Their only loss is 2004.

Lafayette and Lehigh have only met once with five and nine wins respectively, a Lehigh victory in 1979.

Lafayette entering with five or more wins: 46-22-1.

Lehigh entering with nine or more wins: 7-1.

Meeting when Lafayette has five or more wins AND Lehigh nine or more wins: 1-1, 1979 and 2004.

When Lafayette and Lehigh meet with each having five or more wins: Lafayette 18-14. It happened for six consecutive years between 2002 and 2007. Lafayette went 5-1.

Lafayette and Lehigh have met only four times when both teams had seven or more wins entering the game: Lafayette is 3-1, with wins in 1981, 2004, 2005, and a loss in 1903.

Lafayette has lost 63 times in the week preceding the Lehigh game. They are 24-39-3 in the Game. Their last wins were 1989, 1986, and 1966.

Lehigh has lost 60 times in the week preceding the Lafayette game. They are 22-35-3 in the Game. Their last wins were 1997, 1996, and 1993.

When both have lost the preceding week, the series is tied 13-13-2. The last time it happened was 1993, 1990, 1989.

Lafayette last entered the game with a loss last year.

Lehigh last entered the game with a loss in 1997.

Lafayette has entered the game on a three-game skid 12 times and has gone 4-8 against Lehigh. Their only wins were 1986, 1966, 1933, and 1884. The last time it happened though as 2000. In this scenario, Lehigh has entered with more than five wins four times and has won them all (1950, 1951, 1978, 2000). However, the most wins Lafayette has ever had during the three game skid, five, resulted in a win in 1986 against a five-win Lehigh team.

When Lafayette enters with five or more wins AND on a losing streak (one or more), they are 11-8-1. They have lost three in a row though... 2009, 2008, 1993, with their last win in 1986. AND when Lehigh has five or more wins when facing said Lafayette team, Lafayette is 5-4. And, extending the scenario further, when Lehigh enters having lost the previous week, they are 1-2, their last win being 1905 and Lafayette wins in 1993 and 1902.

How long did that take to put together ? Interesting stats, don't think it gives a solid edge to either team. The 95 - 97 games were very fun close games. Each one made our season.

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2012, 09:16 PM
How long did that take to put together ? Interesting stats, don't think it gives a solid edge to either team. The 95 - 97 games were very fun close games. Each one made our season.

I put it together bit by bit last year... not long... just put together a sheet in Excel and sorting does the rest.

JimboCBA72
November 14th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Yes I did. The other guy had 98 yds on two catches. The first was a flea flicker and the second happened when the QB faked as though he was running the option. Both times our guys bit and he got wide open behind the secondary and both times he got caught from behind. And it wasn't 150 yds but 124 yds for Duncan and 20 of those additional 26 yds came on one catch when the Rams were playing soft on the last Lep drive. Again, based on what I saw I stand by my assessment of Lep offense.

Franks Tanks
November 14th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Yes I did. The other guy had 98 yds on two catches. The first was a flea flicker and the second happened when the QB faked as though he was running the option. Both times our guys bit and he got wide open behind the secondary and both times he got caught from behind. And it wasn't 150 yds but 124 yds for Duncan and 20 of those additional 26 yds came on one catch when the Rams were playing soft on the last Lep drive. Again, based on what I saw I stand by my assessment of Lep offense.

And Fordham had 89 of their 340 yards on one passing play. If you take away that 89 yard pass, Fordham finishes the day with a whopping 61 yards of passing (Lafayette had 369). Fordham BTW had 9 first downs all game. The game you are playing here doesn't really work.

Lafayette turned the ball over too often and gave up several big plays. Fordham deserved to win the football game, but it could've easily went the other way.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 14th, 2012, 01:04 PM
100 years ago next week, Pat Pazzetti threw the first-ever Lehigh touchdown pass in "The Rivalry".

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2012/11/flashback-november-23rd-1912-lehigh-10.html

Lehigh Football Nation
November 14th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Amazingly quiet.

RichH2
November 14th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Yeah, looming forward to game just no heart for our normal week. Doing Bball lots of angst there too but all sports related..

HailSzczur
November 14th, 2012, 03:22 PM
My head says I want to see Lafayette come out and span Lehigh's winning streak, hopefully bursting their playoff bubble.

But my gut says Go Lehigh, they were my #2 school during the college app process. Shame it always has to be the same weekend as the Nova/Del game, I'd love to get to one of the games some year.

LehighDad
November 14th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Is there a certain area set aside on the Lafayette campus where Lehigh tailgators congregate? Thanks.

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Is there a certain area set aside on the Lafayette campus where Lehigh tailgators congregate? Thanks.

I don't know... the streets? Used to be March Field, but Lafayette has gone 'Gestapo' on all on-campus drinking festivities and March Field will likely be closed. I am actually hoping for rowdy Lehigh fans to show-up.

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Yeah, looming forward to game just no heart for our normal week. Doing Bball lots of angst there too but all sports related..

Your basketball team is extremely overrated and all hype. ESPN said you had a chance to shock Pitt and you were white washed in both of your big games. A one-trick pony if you may. Bucknell is the real deal in the PL this year.

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2012, 04:46 PM
100 years ago next week, Pat Pazzetti threw the first-ever Lehigh touchdown pass in "The Rivalry".

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2012/11/flashback-november-23rd-1912-lehigh-10.html

And seven years ago next week, you got the Hurt.

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2012, 04:59 PM

It's great the Lehigh's first pass (ever?) was an interception returned for a TD by Jim Thorpe.

Go...gate
November 14th, 2012, 05:25 PM

Let's face it, we have alumni of both schools who were hurt by the unprecedented storms (learned today that there were new power outages again in Central NJ) and the father of the Lafayette QB is gone at a tragically young age, leaving a wife and kids. At the end of the day, though this is an important football game, it is a football game. Nothing is more important than home and family, and both seem to have been compromised near and far in recent days.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 14th, 2012, 05:34 PM
It's great the Lehigh's first pass (ever?) was an interception returned for a TD by Jim Thorpe.

xlolx I don't think it was the first pass ever, but I'm just glad you read my stuff. Even I'm not so blind with Lehigh pride that I don't see the Jim Thorpe-TD thing as anything but stupidity by the original journalists, even if such things were to some degree a product of the times.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 14th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Your basketball team is extremely overrated and all hype. ESPN said you had a chance to shock Pitt and you were white washed in both of your big games. A one-trick pony if you may. Bucknell is the real deal in the PL this year.

OT but I felt the two games against the big boys really highlighted Lehigh's deficiencies in this early going.

RichH2
November 14th, 2012, 06:16 PM
True enuf, but those games will serve us well against the rest of our OOC.
Must admit got nice chuckle over repartee about a 1922 qb, rather than anything this decade..
Only we could come up with trash talk about a season 90 yrs ago.

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2012, 06:33 PM
True enuf, but those games will serve us well against the rest of our OOC.
Must admit got nice chuckle over repartee about a 1922 qb, rather than anything this decade..
Only we could come up with trash talk about a season 90 yrs ago.

Enough of basketball...

Well, you guys backed out of the 1896 game because you did not want to get beat down, or else it would be by far the longest played rivalry in North American sports.

Southsider
November 14th, 2012, 06:38 PM
And seven years ago next week, you got the Hurt.

.....and seven years later all you have is memories. However, LU fans thank you for that one as it ushered Pete out the door.

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2012, 06:40 PM
.....and seven years later all you have is memories. However, LU fans thank you for that one as it ushered Pete out the door.

Please, that 1995 catch at Goodman is replayed a million times on WFMZ.

Southsider
November 14th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Please, that 1995 catch at Goodman is replayed a million times on WFMZ.

Ah, yes. But I prefer the 94 yd pick six from 2008! Started us on the roll!

Doc QB
November 14th, 2012, 07:30 PM

Yes, a group of older football alums from my dad's era has overtaken the College Hill Tavern for years now. Sadly, I am on call this weekend and can not join in.

And, I wonder what bullstank uniform crap Laff will do this year. You would think we would try something with our unfortunate color of garb, but we instead focus on the game. What rendition of uni's will Frank do this year to no avail? Gimmicks, all.

carney2
November 14th, 2012, 07:40 PM

You're new at this, aren't you? Two legitimate complaints - and only two - about Lafayette's Fisher Stadium:

1. No central parking area that allows a congregation of tailgaters. Most folks have learned the various cross streets of the College Hill neighborhood and tailgate there. They use cell phones to gather the flock.

2. No "facilities' on the visitor's side.

Still, it's the best facility in the Patriot League (my opinion, echoed by many) and one of the best in the east.

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Ah, yes. But I prefer the 94 yd pick six from 2008! Started us on the roll!

No, Frank Tavani started you on the roll.

carney2
November 14th, 2012, 07:45 PM
And, I wonder what bullstank uniform crap Laff will do this year. You would think we would try something with our unfortunate color of garb, but we instead focus on the game. What rendition of uni's will Frank do this year to no avail? Gimmicks, all.

YES! If Tavani spent as much time thinking about upgrading his 1897 playbook as he does in choosing the uniforms, maybe he'd get grades above a D- as a football coach. And, weren't those gray on grey abominations at Badman last year the worst you've ever seen?! Made Oregon and Maryland look like something out of GQ.

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2012, 07:45 PM
You're new at this, aren't you? Two legitimate complaints - and only two - about Lafayette's Fisher Stadium:

1. No central parking area that allows a congregation of tailgaters. Most folks have learned the various cross streets of the College Hill neighborhood and tailgate there. They use cell phones to gather the flock.

Still, it's the best facility in the Patriot League (my opinion, echoed by many) and one of the best in the east.

March Field USED to be the area... I guess you can dub "Markle Deck" as a central area, but it's strictly reserved for Lafayette people, the poo-bahs, old farts, and trustees who do not watch the game. The pass is like a ridiculous $50+ too.

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2012, 07:47 PM
YES! If Tavani spent as much time thinking about upgrading his 1897 playbook as he does in choosing the uniforms, maybe he'd get grades above a D- as a football coach. And, weren't those gray on grey abominations at Badman last year the worst you've ever seen?! Made Oregon and Maryland look like something out of GQ.

Those greys made me think of the *barf* Neil Putnam years. I knew it was going to be bad as soon as I saw 'em. Maroon and white would be asking alot. We have worn that combination ONCE this year... our first game against Penn.

LehighU11
November 14th, 2012, 07:49 PM
No, Frank Tavani started you on the roll.

Frank pouting and looking disgusted on the Leopards' sidelines was the most entertaining part of last year's game.

LehighU11
November 14th, 2012, 08:05 PM

The central campus location, video screen, Bourger, and the kid's playing field give it an edge over Goodman. Our expansive athletic campus offers a tailgating environment above the rest of the league, especially with view of the surrounding hills. However, the stadium could use some work. For starters, the piece of junk we consider a sound system is pathetic. Four speakers aiming down the length of the field, with two directly into trees--brilliant. I wonder if those were scrapped from Taylor. Then again, our announcer isn't exactly the most audible...

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2012, 08:11 PM
LEHIGH FOOTBALL ANNOUNCER
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwpHoQfEhlPCMpcU3geoi_KfyH1cJgJ CDDX_i0q3gLDSAifc6w-f0UG39r
SINCE 1884

Franks Tanks
November 14th, 2012, 08:13 PM
http://www.lafayette.edu/about/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/lafayette-lehigh-history/lafayette-lehigh-football-game-1968.jpg

Maybe we will wear these bad boys!

Lafayette gets a lot of crap for some of our uniform choices, and rightlyso, but Lehigh has no room to talk. You have a team that calls themselves the Brown & White yet features gold more prominently than white. Black is not one of our colors, and gold is not one of yours.

Franks Tanks
November 14th, 2012, 08:17 PM
The central campus location, video screen, Bourger, and the kid's playing field give it an edge over Goodman. Our expansive athletic campus offers a tailgating environment above the rest of the league, especially with view of the surrounding hills. However, the stadium could use some work. For starters, the piece of junk we consider a sound system is pathetic. Four speakers aiming down the length of the field, with two directly into trees--brilliant. I wonder if those were scrapped from Taylor. Then again, our announcer isn't exactly the most audible...

Goodman has excellent parking and has a modern set-up that allows the crowd to move about in a logical manner. It could use some sprucing up, but it's major and unforgivable flaw is that the seats are roughly 40 yards from the sideline for no reason whatsoever.

Fisher's major flaw would be the unabalanced sides (for those that care) and the bottlenecks that exists at certain spots in the stadium. Parking issues come with every on campus stadium, but I love the history and location of Fisher.

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Goodman has excellent parking and has a modern set-up that allows the crowd to move about in a logical manner. It could use some sprucing up, but it's major and unforgivable flaw is that the seats are roughly 40 yards from the sideline for no reason whatsoever.

Fisher's major flaw would be the unabalanced sides (for those that care) and the bottlenecks that exists at certain spots in the stadium. Parking issues come with every on campus stadium, but I love the history and location of Fisher.

Fisher's major flaw is the sound.

I never liked how you have to walk across a huge lawn to get to Goodman.

CHIP72
November 14th, 2012, 08:26 PM

I totally agree. Besides that flaw I absolutely love the setting for Goodman Stadium.

I personally don't like Fisher Stadium quite as much (despite the fact the seats are better positioned relative to the field), I think because it has more of a cramped feeling, but it is A LOT better in terms of allowing students and residents on College Hill to get to the game and feeling like it is part of its college.

ngineer
November 14th, 2012, 08:27 PM

Come join the Class of 1974 at the dentist's office parking lot across from The College Hill Tavern on Cattell Street. We have about 250 coming..15 turkeys waiting to be deep fried and all the fixings. We do collect a donation for the Lehigh Football Partnership. But worth every penny!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 14th, 2012, 08:33 PM
I think there is room for all of us to disagree on a few things. The "Beat Lehigh" uni's are bad. The gray numeral abonination last year was worse. But they don't hold a candle to the "maroon jersey, maroon pants" combination from two years ago. It looked like 11 Leopards out there in pajamas.

ngineer
November 14th, 2012, 08:36 PM
http://www.lafayette.edu/about/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/lafayette-lehigh-history/lafayette-lehigh-football-game-1968.jpg

Lafayette gets a lot of crap for some of our uniform choices, and rightlyso, but Lehigh has no room to talk. You have a team that calls themselves the Brown & White yet features gold more prominently than white. Black is not one of our colors, and gold is not one of yours.

Most schools with black or white in their colors pick a third "trim" color. I think the "olde gold" color helps the brown & white comparison. I think it interesting that Laughyette had to write on their jerseys in the above photo what their goal was that day. Did the coach think they'd get distracted and decide to go play elsewhere?
I actually like those old white helmets with the interlocked "LU"--what we had in my day, but with two brown stripes on the helmet.

Franks Tanks
November 14th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Most schools with black or white in their colors pick a third "trim" color. I think the "olde gold" color helps the brown & white comparison. I think it interesting that Laughyette had to write on their jerseys in the above photo what their goal was that day. Did the coach think they'd get distracted and decide to go play elsewhere?
I actually like those old white helmets with the interlocked "LU"--what we had in my day, but with two brown stripes on the helmet.

An all gold helmet is a bit more than a trim or accent is it not?

The picture is from 1968 by the way.

RichH2
November 14th, 2012, 09:04 PM
LMAO
3 pages on unis. Fun. Actually like our B&W with gold helmet and trim. Boring was our uni of browm jersey ,white pants and plain white helmet, optional facemask and hitops.
Nice group, if a tad gray at the College Hill Inn. The youg'uns over at the dentist have good food. Even tho Goodman to far from field overall like it better than Fisher, which is very nice unless you have a small bladder, but parking and traffic suck. No place to tailgate.

LehighDad
November 14th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Come join the Class of 1974 at the dentist's office parking lot across from The College Hill Tavern on Cattell Street. We have about 250 coming..15 turkeys waiting to be deep fried and all the fixings. We do collect a donation for the Lehigh Football Partnership. But worth every penny!
Thanks for the invite! We will definately try to join up with your group. We will probably be a group of 8 who have seniors at Lehigh. Personally, this is my 7th year of enjoying the Lehigh excitement as both my kids attend Lehigh. I think my tuition payments personally paid for all the uniforms (lol).

Lehigh Football Nation
November 14th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Lafayette's NEW dry tailgate policy. Discuss. Also, are there really tickets available, still?

Pards Rule
November 15th, 2012, 06:35 AM

Christ, how old is this? Note the alums (or are they students) sitting with ties in the stands. This certainly is Fisher Field by the trees.

Engineer86
November 15th, 2012, 07:17 AM

Nice scoreboard, but it is really hard for me to call it the best stadium, when it is the only stadium that I have stood in line for more than 10 minutes to take a pi$$.xsmhxxrotatehx

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Lafayette's NEW dry tailgate policy. Discuss. Also, are there really tickets available, still?

Please violate it early and often. Go crazy.

I read in the paper it was a sellout, but that could be just journalistic assumption based on the past.

Engineer86
November 15th, 2012, 07:29 AM

A buddy of mine bought a ticket Monday on Lafayettes web site and they told him en there were about 20 tickets left then.

As for tailgate parking, I got lucky and gave a friend of a friend a ride over there six years ago and his fraternity had a great spot that they now share with us or at least accept us. Of course I won't name the spot, since any god spot is in hi demand.

We got an email on the March Field crack down and I know the students also got a similar email. I probably won't stop by this year. One thing the did mention is that drinks should be in cups, not bottles or cans.

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Tip: red solo cups give away the booze and invite the alcohol Gestapo. Bring some mugs...

Weather: 52 and sunny.

LehighU11
November 15th, 2012, 07:45 AM
I parked on Lafayette St in 2010 and recall seeing a number of people with small, tabletop grills. Are they allowed there? I suppose I'll be filling up my growler if I'm going to be drinking out of cups.

Franks Tanks
November 15th, 2012, 07:50 AM
A buddy of mine bought a ticket Monday on Lafayettes web site and they told him en there were about 20 tickets left then.

As for tailgate parking, I got lucky and gave a friend of a friend a ride over there six years ago and his fraternity had a great spot that they now share with us or at least accept us. Of course I won't name the spot, since any god spot is in hi demand.

We got an email on the March Field crack down and I know the students also got a similar email. I probably won't stop by this year. One thing the did mention is that drinks should be in cups, not bottles or cans.

Have drinks in cups. If you know someone under 21 do not allow them to drink in public.

For us old guys it is business as usual. They will really be looking for underage and heavily intoxicated students.

Franks Tanks
November 15th, 2012, 07:51 AM
I parked on Lafayette St in 2010 and recall seeing a number of people with small, tabletop grills. Are they allowed there? I suppose I'll be filling up my growler if I'm going to be drinking out of cups.

Technically they are probably not allowed, but I doubt anyone will give you a problem.

LehighU11
November 15th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Technically they are probably not allowed, but I doubt anyone will give you a problem.

Thanks, that's what I figured.

Franks Tanks
November 15th, 2012, 07:58 AM

The tailagte is not dry.

http://studentlife.lafayette.edu/lafayettelehigh-2012/

"The College has provided a one-day exemption to the ordinary prohibition of the possession of open containers on March Field for Lafayette vs. Lehigh Game, between the hours of 10am and 1pm on Saturday, November 17, 2012.

Per this exemption, only students of legal drinking age in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania may carry alcohol onto March field up to an amount equal to the College’s personal carry limit.

The College’s personal carry limit – not personal consumption limit - is defined as two (2) six-packs of 12 oz. canned beer, or the equivalent malt beverage or wine (in non-glass containers). One alcoholic drink is 12 oz. of beer or 5oz. of wine. Once again, students are reminded to drink responsibly. If one chooses to drink alcohol while tailgating, the College recommends that students limit their consumption to one drink per hour."

The college is allowing alcohol on March Field (the usual site of the student party), and individuals are permitted to carry up to 12 beers. Alcohol and is also allowed anywhere else on campus just be a litte smart about. If you know someone who is under 21 or very drunk do not allow them to roam around with an open container. Otherwise it will be just like normal. Don't scare anyone, just encourage people to use common sense.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 15th, 2012, 08:19 AM
The tailagte is not dry.

http://studentlife.lafayette.edu/lafayettelehigh-2012/

"The College has provided a one-day exemption to the ordinary prohibition of the possession of open containers on March Field for Lafayette vs. Lehigh Game, between the hours of 10am and 1pm on Saturday, November 17, 2012.

Per this exemption, only students of legal drinking age in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania may carry alcohol onto March field up to an amount equal to the College’s personal carry limit.

The College’s personal carry limit – not personal consumption limit - is defined as two (2) six-packs of 12 oz. canned beer, or the equivalent malt beverage or wine (in non-glass containers). One alcoholic drink is 12 oz. of beer or 5oz. of wine. Once again, students are reminded to drink responsibly. If one chooses to drink alcohol while tailgating, the College recommends that students limit their consumption to one drink per hour."

The college is allowing alcohol on March Field (the usual site of the student party), and individuals are permitted to carry up to 12 beers. Alcohol and is also allowed anywhere else on campus just be a litte smart about. If you know someone who is under 21 or very drunk do not allow them to roam around with an open container. Otherwise it will be just like normal. Don't scare anyone, just encourage people to use common sense.

Thanks for this. I ask because I heard whispers that some LU students might not be heading to Easton because of the "crackdown" on drinking, but it seems like it's being a bit overblown by the students. Just don't be an *** and you should be OK.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 15th, 2012, 08:24 AM
November 17th, 1962: The Riot.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2012/11/flashback-november-17th-1962-lehigh-13.html

JimboCBA72
November 15th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Not playing any game at all. I never tried to gloss over our less than stellar offensive outing. In fact, I never mentioned the Rams at all. I simply expressed the opinion that based on what I saw last Saturday I did not think the Leps had enough offensive weapons to beat Lehigh. In response, someone pointed out the yardage racked up by the second receiver and I replied. The Leps will have their chance to prove me wrong on Saturday

ColgateTD
November 15th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Good luck to both teams. We wouldn't want to be playing either of you a second time this season.

Leave it all at the tailgate.

Engineer86
November 15th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Thanks for this. I ask because I heard whispers that some LU students might not be heading to Easton because of the "crackdown" on drinking, but it seems like it's being a bit overblown by the students. Just don't be an *** and you should be OK.

This is what I got as well, and my boys got as well. The statement is not much different from past rules, but I would expect enforcement on students will be different

RichH2
November 15th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Before we get back to the important issues of food, booze and uniforms, Bassett favors Lehigh 28-24..

carney2
November 15th, 2012, 12:21 PM
November 17th, 1962: The Riot.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2012/11/flashback-november-17th-1962-lehigh-13.html

Pull your head out, LFN. THE greatest riots in the history of THE Game were in 1959 when the gates at the end of Taylor Stadium were opened to admit the Pennsylvania State Police motorcycle squadrons in a failed attempt to restore order, and 1975 which was an entire afternoon of end to end non-football mayhem. The latter was so bad that it became the riot that ended the riots, as both schools joined forces to end the madness. My point is - if you are determined to do articles on this silliness, those are the two that you should be concentrating on.

carney2
November 15th, 2012, 12:24 PM
On the subject of tickets, I have suddenly come into possession of two. IM me if you are interested.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 15th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Pull your head out, LFN. THE greatest riots in the history of THE Game were in 1959 when the gates at the end of Taylor Stadium were opened to admit the Pennsylvania State Police motorcycle squadrons in a failed attempt to restore order, and 1975 which was an entire afternoon of end to end non-football mayhem. The latter was so bad that it became the riot that ended the riots, as both schools joined forces to end the madness. My point is - if you are determined to do articles on this silliness, those are the two that you should be concentrating on.

I get that, though the idea was to celebrate the Rivalry fifty years ago this year. 1962's pregame riot(s) weren't as massive as 1959's - I touch on that in the article, and the students looked back on that 1959 game as a watershed moment in the Rivalry - but 1962's were still pretty bad.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 15th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Fire Frank Tavani.

Wow, Carney.

Franks Tanks
November 15th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Wow, Carney.

How about "promote" Frank to a position as Associate AD in charge of fund raising and back slapping. Frank can be an asset to Lafayette College for many years to come in such a position.

Frank needs to Beat Lehigh this year and contend for real next season or the many will come over to Carney's side.

RichH2
November 15th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Lucky me was at all the mentioned dustups. 59 was by far the worst. Altho, recall talking to some older alums at cocktail party and they thought some of the ones back in the late 20s were worse.
Still remember freezing my butt off guarding the bonfire . We got to shave a bunch of Pards that we caught that nite. Of course then pre-PC, we could drink on campus. Regardless of age. Times have changed.

carney2
November 15th, 2012, 12:57 PM
I get that, though the idea was to celebrate the Rivalry fifty years ago this year. 1962's pregame riot(s) weren't as massive as 1959's - I touch on that in the article, and the students looked back on that 1959 game as a watershed moment in the Rivalry - but 1962's were still pretty bad.

As the riot years ground on, all the truly memorable ones were at Taylor. Some say that it was because of the Taylor configuration that made goofiness more possible. I never understood that explanation and personally believe that Lafayette and the Easton police had two words that the juiced up students just couldn't contend with - German Shepherds. A surprisingly few Easton cops simply patrolled the perimeter if Fisher Field with their dogs and the kids kept their distance. When the game was over and the field was cleared, the cops and dogs stepped aside for the obligatory rush on the goalposts.

Footballhero
November 15th, 2012, 01:34 PM

ngineer, is this a legit invite, I might just take you up on it rather than head to Lehigh first with the boosters. Will I need to know the "secret word" to get admission?

And is this walkable to the stadium?

carney2
November 15th, 2012, 01:53 PM
ngineer, is this a legit invite, I might just take you up on it rather than head to Lehigh first with the boosters. Will I need to know the "secret word" to get admission?

Two short blocks to the stadium, and the secret word is lehighsux.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 15th, 2012, 02:17 PM
My preview of the 148th:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2012/11/game-preview-148th-lehigh-at-lafayette.html

Pard breakdown, fearless prediction, tomorrow.

ngineer
November 15th, 2012, 11:10 PM

Absolutely. Just a couple blocks up the hill, going east, from the stadium on Monroe Street, SE corner of Cattell. Check your PM

carney2
November 16th, 2012, 08:17 AM
fearless prediction, tomorrow.

Gee, I wonder who he'll pick? xconfusedx xeyebrowx

Oh yeah, Lehigh beat writer Keith Groller picked Lafayette in Friday's Allentown Mourning Crawl.

Does anyone have the Vegas lines for this week's games?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Gee, I wonder who he'll pick? xconfusedx xeyebrowx

Oh yeah, Lehigh beat writer Keith Groller picked Lafayette in Friday's Allentown Mourning Crawl.

Does anyone have the Vegas lines for this week's games?

I'm not surprised he picked Lafayette.

For the record, I'm 9-1 when picking Lehigh this year xlolx

carney2
November 16th, 2012, 09:14 AM
I'm not surprised he picked Lafayette.

The "he," of course, being Lehigh beat writer for the Allentown Mourning Crawl, Keith Groller. I, on the other hand, am very surprised. Groller is a homer and is riding a winner. What does he "know?" What does he sense? I'm thinking that he's a little closer to this than anyone on this board and is experienced enough to sense when things just aren't as they should be.

I'm with Groller. I'm picking Lafayette. It's a "sense" thing and has nothing to do with Xs and Os.

LUHawker
November 16th, 2012, 09:27 AM
The "he," of course, being Lehigh beat writer for the Allentown Mourning Crawl, Keith Groller. I, on the other hand, am very surprised. Groller is a homer and is riding a winner. What does he "know?" What does he sense? I'm thinking that he's a little closer to this than anyone on this board and is experienced enough to sense when things just aren't as they should be.

I'm with Groller. I'm picking Lafayette. It's a "sense" thing and has nothing to do with Xs and Os.

Oh, I don't know. Groller picked LC in 2008 & 2009 when he was down on Lehigh. The '09 pick was not a difficult one.

I think he is picking the momentum. More that Lehigh might be flat than LC up.

LehighU11
November 16th, 2012, 09:35 AM

I have a bad "sense" about this game, that Lafayette is finally going to show up. As if avoiding a 5th straight wasn't enough motivation, I think they'll find more by rallying around ZZ after his incredibly difficult week. If Lehigh shows up, they win easily. But given what we've seen through 10 games this year, it's hard to expect a full 60 minute performance. This one will come down to special teams. I'm guessing a 20-17 finish, either way, with the winning kick coming in the last 2 minutes.

Franks Tanks
November 16th, 2012, 09:42 AM
I have a bad "sense" about this game, that Lafayette is finally going to show up. As if avoiding a 5th straight wasn't enough motivation, I think they'll find more by rallying around ZZ after his incredibly difficult week. If Lehigh shows up, they win easily. But given what we've seen through 10 games this year, it's hard to expect a full 60 minute performance. This one will come down to special teams. I'm guessing a 20-17 finish, either way, with the winning kick coming in the last 2 minutes.

Has Lehigh won easily all year outside of Columbia and CCSU? Even if Lehigh shows up it will be close.

We struggle stopping the run, but Lehigh can't run. Colvin throws a lot of picks, and we are adept at making picks. If we can play welll on offense I think the Pards will prevail, but that may be a big if.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2012, 09:46 AM
About all I will say at this point is that this will not be your usual Lehigh/Lafayette game. There is an extremely curious lack of emotion on both sides of the aisle. Is it gamesmanship? I don't know. These are two enigmatic teams lining up this weekend in Fisher. You can make cases for both teams that the "good" team shows up. Or the "bad" team.

LehighU11
November 16th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Has Lehigh won easily all year outside of Columbia and CCSU? Even if Lehigh shows up it will be close.

We struggle stopping the run, but Lehigh can't run. Colvin throws a lot of picks, and we are adept at making picks. If we can play welll on offense I think the Pards will prevail, but that may be a big if.

They were winning by 10 despite a failed special teams gamble at the half against Colgate last week. Then the offense pulled a vanishing act. A 60 minute effort likely would have resulted in a 14-21 point win. Every game, including Columbia, has been a 45 minute effort at best.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2012, 09:53 AM
About all I will say at this point is that this will not be your usual Lehigh/Lafayette game. There is an extremely curious lack of emotion on both sides of the aisle. Is it gamesmanship? I don't know. These are two enigmatic teams lining up this weekend in Fisher. You can make cases for both teams that the "good" team shows up. Or the "bad" team.

And you are the journalist? Lafayette is going to be very fired up and rallying behind ZZ. No taking plays off or being undisciplined for a change...

RichH2
November 16th, 2012, 09:58 AM
More a lack from us. Campus humming. Great pep rally. 97 raiding numerous classes today. Dont think its really lack of spirit nut rather more convivial. Remembrance of decades upon decades of memorable and not so memorable moments. Likely due to one young man's tragedy. But it reminded me that we are when all is said and done part of a well loved , by all of us, of a grand tradition..This year we took a break from bashing to honor that tradition. Good for us.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2012, 10:02 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24030679.jpg

RichH2
November 16th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Ah well blows my thoughts to h3ll and gone. Funny picture tho P4L.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Lehigh hipster says...

http://t.qkme.me/35jh0j.jpg

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2012, 10:30 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24628479.jpg

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2012, 10:31 AM
November 21st, 1987: the "Frozen Tundra" game.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2012/11/flashback-november-21st-1987-lehigh-17.html

A surprisingly tough and emotional one to write.

carney2
November 16th, 2012, 10:46 AM

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2012/11/flashback-november-21st-1987-lehigh-17.html

So your "fearless prediction" is that the ChickenSquawks will win the 1987 Lafayette-Lehigh game at Taylor Stadium? Very gutsy.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2012, 10:49 AM
So your "fearless prediction" is that the ChickenSquawks will win the 1987 Lafayette-Lehigh game at Taylor Stadium? Very gutsy.

Paitence, Grasshopper. That's next!

RichH2
November 16th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Nice article. We left 3rd period. Couldn't feel my feet. Went the Roosevelt behind Taylor. Rusty Nails to warm up.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Paitence, Grasshopper. That's next!

Whatever... we know how it's going to go.

"I love Lehigh. I graduated from Lehigh in 1993. I had a great time.

I think we have the best football team ever! Ryan Spadola is the best wide receiver ever. Mike Colvin is the most athletic quarterback ever.

Lafayette is a bad team. We do not like them very much. They think they can beat the good guys, but they just really stink.

I think Lehigh will win the big game 50-0! Go Lehigh!"

http://www.teleread.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/happy-kid-at-computer.jpeg <---- LFN

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Whatever... we know how it's going to go.

"I love Lehigh. I graduated from Lehigh in 1993. I had a great time.

I think we have the best football team ever! Ryan Spadola is the best wide receiver ever. Mike Colvin is the most athletic quarterback ever.

Lafayette is a bad team. We do not like them very much. They think they can beat the good guys, but they just really stink.

I think Lehigh will win the big game 50-0! Go Lehigh!"

xlolx xlolx xlolx

Enjoyed this a lot!

RichH2
November 16th, 2012, 11:05 AM
That is what we expecy from P4L. Drivel but funny drivel.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 16th, 2012, 11:14 AM
I'm ready!!!

My attendance record
Wins - '90, '91, '93, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '03, '08, '09, '10, '11
Losses - '02, '05 '04, '06, '07
Overall: 14-5

Lets hit that .750 win percentage!

Next year will break a streak of 16 straight games. The Griz are coming to Bozeman...

Doc QB
November 16th, 2012, 01:50 PM

LFN...that was great. I was there, it was my 11th Rivalry game with my dad, LU '70. We left when McGowan scored. Reading your comment from Nelson was awesome. He coached me one year in HS. Great guy. And I, like him, tailgated in the baseball field/parking lot area for years with my folks and their friends. It was great. Running on the field after games with friends, even hiding under Joe Uliana's legs to watch during games (when he was a freshman, also a family friend), hoping to play there as well. Good memories. And it was damn cold. Mom stayed home. We all have bricks from Taylor, too.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2012, 02:34 PM
My Game Breakdown. P4L will not be stunned that I pick a Lehigh victory.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2012/11/game-breakdown-148th-lehigh-at.html

CHIP72
November 16th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I didn't look through the whole thread to see if this was mentioned, but for those of us outside eastern Pennsylvania, the game will be televised on the following outlets:

*Fox College Sports Pacific (Lehigh/WFMZ Channel 69 broadcast)
*Mid-Atlantic Sports Network 2 (probably the Lafayette/RCN Cable & WBPH Channel 60 broadcast)
*ESPN3 (probably the Lafayette broadcast)

van
November 16th, 2012, 03:07 PM

Well, we are missing Bogie you know!

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Well, we are missing Bogie you know!

... maestro of photoshop.

RichH2
November 16th, 2012, 06:14 PM
I hope he can make the game. Do miss his wizardry with photoshop.

ASU_Fanatic
November 16th, 2012, 07:35 PM
I hope Lafayette wins just cause I'd like to see Lehigh fans cry on here over their late season collapse lol go Leopards

Lehigh'98
November 16th, 2012, 08:20 PM
I hope Lafayette wins just cause I'd like to see Lehigh fans cry on here over their late season collapse lol go Leopards

What he really means is I pray to God Lafayette wins so Lehigh don't come embarrass us in the playoffs. That's the point he's trying to articulate unsuccessfully

Franks Tanks
November 16th, 2012, 09:01 PM
What he really means is I pray to God Lafayette wins so Lehigh don't come embarrass us in the playoffs. That's the point he's trying to articulate unsuccessfully

If Lehigh is fortunate to win tomorrow and make the playoffs, you guys aren't going anywhere. You have to give this Lehigh team a ton of credit for winning close games but this is the worst 9-1 Patriot League team in recent memory.

ngineer
November 16th, 2012, 09:24 PM
November 17, 2012: THAT TIME OF THE MONTH FOR THE PUSSY TO BLEED!!!!!!

ngineer
November 16th, 2012, 09:27 PM
LFN...that was great. I was there, it was my 11th Rivalry game with my dad, LU '70. We left when McGowan scored. Reading your comment from Nelson was awesome. He coached me one year in HS. Great guy. And I, like him, tailgated in the baseball field/parking lot area for years with my folks and their friends. It was great. Running on the field after games with friends, even hiding under Joe Uliana's legs to watch during games (when he was a freshman, also a family friend), hoping to play there as well. Good memories. And it was damn cold. Mom stayed home. We all have bricks from Taylor, too.

I have a brick with it's "care instructions" on the credenza in my office. One of my favorite momentos.

Lehigh'98
November 16th, 2012, 11:13 PM
If Lehigh is fortunate to win tomorrow and make the playoffs, you guys aren't going anywhere. You have to give this Lehigh team a ton of credit for winning close games but this is the worst 9-1 Patriot League team in recent memory.

You Pards have no sense of humor. A bad 9-1 is still good.

Engineer86
November 17th, 2012, 03:49 AM
Glad my seats are on th Laughayette side so I do not spread my germs on any fine LU fans in a crowded stadium. Damn airplanes and their air.

Engineer86
November 17th, 2012, 03:59 AM
Two words for Lafayette fans. Archie Goodwin!!!!xthumbsupx if you do not know who he is while you are watching ESPN getting ready for the game today, you will know the feeling of what he did last night by about 3pm. xlolx Or you could watch a tape of last years game. :D Go LU

RichH2
November 17th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Archie goodwin

RichH2
November 17th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Breakfast then off to the game. Good luck to LU . Beat the Pards.

Lehigh'98
November 17th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Tailgates starting to pickup. Bunch of Lafayette guys dressed like kittens

Lehigh'98
November 17th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Any Pards on here tailgating by a Kirchoff RV?

CHIP72
November 17th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I wish Lafayette would NEVER wear black jerseys. They look UGLY!

Leopards convert the early turnover into a TD on a nice catch. Lafayette leads 7-0 very early.

Lehigh'98
November 17th, 2012, 12:33 PM
14 - 3 leopards more focused team now

Lehigh'98
November 17th, 2012, 12:38 PM
14-10 on a bomb from Colvin

CHIP72
November 17th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Great pass by Lehigh for the 75 yard TD.

It's now 14-10 Lafayette.

BisonBohl
November 17th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Lets Go Pards!!!!

Lehigh'98
November 17th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Game 150 officially at Yankee stadium

JMUNJ08
November 17th, 2012, 12:49 PM
21-10 Laffy after 1Q. Lehigh I hope knows that they need this. A Loss equals a 100% guarantee of a seat on the couch next weekend...

CHIP72
November 17th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Just announced - Lehigh/Lafayette #150 in 2014 will be played at Yankee Stadium.

JMUNJ08
November 17th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Game 150 officially at Yankee stadium

Would be awesome! Definitely get some more fannies in the seats! Maybe college gameday?!?!

CHIP72
November 17th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Would be awesome! Definitely get some more fannies in the seats! Maybe college gameday?!?!

I hope so. I know I'd like to be there in two years. (As an aside, I know from having been at 3 Yankees games at Yankee Stadium III that YS III has an absolute massive video board; probably only the one at the Jerrah Dome, aka Cowboys Stadium, is larger.)

Lehigh has dominated the 2nd half so far. They now lead 31-21 after trailing 21-17 at halftime. Lafayette has been hurt by QB runs.

CHIP72
November 17th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Lehigh beats Lafayette 38-21. The Mountain Hawks really dominated the 2nd half after the Leopards (IMO) outplayed Lehigh in the 1st half.

RichH2
November 17th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Trying to get out of Easton. Mike took over the game in the 2nd half and.D found their heart. Wonderful.
Surprised by Yankee Stadium but great for me. I live in NYC. Tailgates will ne fun. Check back later.

Engineer86
November 17th, 2012, 04:52 PM
For the first time all year, Lehigh's offense played an entire game. Defence stiffened in the 2nd half. Total yards reflects the score board. Finally seemed to use Colvin on the ground some. Good win. Now lets see what happens tomorrow.

LehighU11
November 17th, 2012, 05:47 PM
For the first time all year, Lehigh's offense played an entire game. Defence stiffened in the 2nd half. Total yards reflects the score board. Finally seemed to use Colvin on the ground some. Good win. Now lets see what happens tomorrow.

They can't afford to not use Colvin's speed and power. That's part of why many of these games have been so close. Mike was outstanding on the deep passes, not so good on the short ones. We were fortunate that there weren't 1 or 2 more picks.

It was about time that the guys showed up for a full 60 minutes. They really played well and I think we can make some noise if we can grab an at large bid. Indiana St loss sure will help a lot. Hope ODU wins tonight.

RichH2
November 17th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Just in put ODU game on . First game all yr, haven't been a nervous wreck in the 4 th. We all started to relax mid 3rd, D was stuffing Pards.
From what I heard today ,Stadium will be configured for 36,000. We should fill that easily with 2 winning teams.

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2012, 06:46 PM
I don't know what was more upsetting today: our second half or the Yankee Stadium announcement.

It destroys the ambiance of the Rivalry and Yankee Stadium is a terrible place to play football.

CHIP72
November 17th, 2012, 06:55 PM
I don't know what was more upsetting today: our second half or the Yankee Stadium announcement.

It destroys the ambiance of the Rivalry and Yankee Stadium is a terrible place to play football.

Do you know if #150 will be treated as a Lafayette home game or if it will be treated as a true neutral site game (i.e. #149 is at Lehigh, #150 is at Yankee Stadium, and #151 is at Lafayette)? I hope it is the latter; I don't think it would be fair to Lafayette (or Lehigh, if they were in Lafayette's shoes) to have the Yankee Stadium game be treated as a "home" game in the series.

Besides the scheduling fairness issue, Yankee Stadium is large enough that the tickets could be split 50/50 between the two schools and all the fans from both Lafayette and Lehigh who typically attend the game when their school hosts could still attend the game with a few thousand tickets to spare for the general public.

Engineer86
November 17th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Do you know if #150 will be treated as a Lafayette home game or if it will be treated as a true neutral site game (i.e. #149 is at Lehigh, #150 is at Yankee Stadium, and #151 is at Lafayette)? I hope it is the latter; I don't think it would be fair to Lafayette (or Lehigh, if they were in Lafayette's shoes) to have the Yankee Stadium game be treated as a "home" game in the series.

Besides the scheduling fairness issue, Yankee Stadium is large enough that the tickets could be split 50/50 between the two schools and all the fans from both Lafayette and Lehigh who typically attend the game when their school hosts could still attend the game with a few thousand tickets to spare for the general public.

I would expect it is a Lafayette home game and they made this call with Lehigh's approval due to the logistical challenge of getting all the students there. With two kids there, I am not a big fan of this decision. I actually agree with P4L on this one. I really do not think 150 is that much bigger of a draw than 148 and there were plenty of seats empty today. Both schools could have increased their season ticket "leverage" if the demand was that high.

Neighbor2
November 17th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Not sure how I feel about the Yankee Stadium thing, Pard. There's probably a major network telecast connected to this, possibly prime time. It WILL generate hundreds of thousand dollars of free PR to a region that both schools draw from for students. Both schools students can afford the extra expense to take it all in, if they choose. It's a nice component for the history books.

I would have liked to see temporary seating brought in to Lafayette. That looks to have been about 4000 additional fans with the grassy hill. Still could have had the TV focus. Actually, an agreement could have been made to have it at Lehigh, where it could have been configured for 20-22K.

The Lehigh Valley economy will suffer, that's for sure. Lehigh residents who generally attend will pay MUCH more to witness in person. Will the missing regulars (since it will be available local on Hi-def TV) be replaced? I say no. I expect the crowd at Yankee Stadium to be about 20K.

RichH2
November 17th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Done deal P4L, altho I agree it s/b kept in the LV. Since it isn't, I am going to enjoy the experience. One big IF is getting students and others from the Valley to NYC cheaply, efficieny and enjoyably. Joe promises that he will do that for LU fans.
Of course I hope we both have winning records then. Two losing teams with nothing else on the line ,wont get more than 13-14000.

Neighbor2
November 17th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Rich, If there isn't a huge bus brigade that day, the concept will fail. Tickets are going to be $50-75, parking $30, usual food and drink another $60. Hotel rate per night, with taxes, $400 vs. $200 in the Lehigh Valley, etc.

RichH2
November 17th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Fully agree. Altho, motels in NJ reasonable. Is there still train serbice to the Valley? Recall taking it to get back to school a few times.

CHIP72
November 17th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Fully agree. Altho, motels in NJ reasonable. Is there still train serbice to the Valley? Recall taking it to get back to school a few times.

No, closest NJ Transit service is near Clinton and Hackettstown (and more feasibly based on frequency of service, the closest service is at train stations near I-287).

On the other hand, Trans-Bridge Lines and Bieber Tourways run very frequent bus service between various Lehigh Valley points and NYC (or more specifically, the Port Authority Bus Terminal).

Neighbor2
November 17th, 2012, 07:56 PM
No longer train service to here, Rich. The key will be bus groups at a reasonable price, I think. There's NO way the typical Lehigh Valley adult fan (including me) will drive in there for the game when I can stay home with my 60" TV, a big bowl of shrimp, lots of gin, ultra clean bathrooms, and sheets with no bed bugs!

CHIP72
November 17th, 2012, 08:01 PM
No longer train service to here, Rich. The key will be bus groups at a reasonable price, I think. There's NO way the typical Lehigh Valley adult fan (including me) will drive in there for the game when I can stay home with my 60" TV, a big bowl of shrimp, lots of gin, ultra clean bathrooms, and sheets with no bed bugs!

The key with traveling to NYC is to use public transit. It's something I've done many times over the last 10 years (albeit from Harrisburg and Washington, DC).

LehighU11
November 17th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Rich, If there isn't a huge bus brigade that day, the concept will fail. Tickets are going to be $50-75, parking $30, usual food and drink another $60. Hotel rate per night, with taxes, $400 vs. $200 in the Lehigh Valley, etc.

Keep in mind also that they will likely need a massive fleet of coach buses for this. No way does either school put thousands of liquored up students on buses without bathrooms. I expect that many students will stay at home, opting out on spending a lot on buses and tickets and staying behind to drink.

I don't like the decision. Lafayette and the College Hill neighborhood is a great place for tailgating and college football. Yankees Stadium is too cold and the seats will be set back twice as far as Goodman and much further back than Fisher. I'm sure it will still be an unforgettable experience, especially since it is part of Lehigh's 150th anniversary.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 17th, 2012, 08:10 PM
I think someone needs to make a real thread about this. I'll be interested to see what type of reactions you get from around the country. Harvard and Yale could be next. Otherwise, no other FCS "rivalry" game could pull this off outside of a HBCU game imo.

RichH2
November 17th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Had a huge thread on this back preseason. Theme mostly against it.
Me too. But since they did we should make the best of it.

Neighbor2
November 17th, 2012, 08:22 PM
This IS a real stretch, Go Lehigh. I've been a Lehigh fan (and attendee) for about 50 years. Trust me, we can afford to do that game on our own, but won't unless we can conveniently and reasonably bus there and return the same day.

RichH2
November 17th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Well, majority of both schools draw lots of kids from NY and NJ. Logistics will be a b!tch. Where are you going to get 200-300 buses?

LehighU11
November 17th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Well, majority of both schools draw lots of kids from NY and NJ. Logistics will be a b!tch. Where are you going to get 200-300 buses?

I hope that President Gast is next named to the board of directors for Greyhound, Bolt Bus, etc. Maybe Penske will let us take a fleet of his trucks and we can load a bunch of students in the back of each.

RichH2
November 17th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Heck, we did that once to Philly. Nice box truck from Ryder with a keg and a sofa. Had a great time. Doubt LU will provide either.

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Dan Wiess couldn't care about the details.. he's outta here July 1. See what I'm saying?

Neighbor2
November 17th, 2012, 08:58 PM
... and Joe Sterrett is in the "playful' stage of his career!

crusader11
November 17th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Heck, we did that once to Philly. Nice box truck from Ryder with a keg and a sofa. Had a great time. Doubt LU will provide either.

College!!

RichH2
November 17th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Disagree about Joe. He has done a remarkable job over his tenure. Nowhere near preretirement yrs. He's in his 50s. He promised he would get it done to provide reasonble transportation etc. I believe he will do his best. A daunting task.