PDA

View Full Version : Are you an alumnus of the school you cheer for?

WataugaDave
November 9th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Just taking a poll out of curiosity, apologizes if this has been done before. Did you actually attend the school you primarily root for here on AGS.

My hypothesis is that most of you will be, unlike in the FBS. But I think it would be fun to see.

Grizalltheway
November 9th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Yes, and a very distinguished one, if I do say so myself. xcoffeex

NoDak 4 Ever
November 9th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Both the wife and I. Alumni association saves some postage.

proasu89
November 9th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Mr and Mrs. Proasu89.

darell1976
November 9th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Nope, I am an alumus of Aaker's Business College (Grand Forks) but a fan of UND, and my wife dropped out of Minnesota State-Moorhead but a fan of NDSU.

NHwildEcat
November 9th, 2012, 03:19 PM
I am not. Was a fan long before I was college-aged and lived outside of Durham so went to football, basketball, and mostly hockey games growing up.

I didn't want to go to college with all of the people I went to HS with so I decided on a smaller school in Manchester--Southern NH U.

813Jag
November 9th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Yes I am, was destined to be a Jag Alum from the day I was born

aces1180
November 9th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Yep...Have an Bachelor's and Master's from North Dakota State. Wife has a Bachelor's from MSU Moorhead and a Master's from St. Cloud State. She's a Bison fan by marriage.

millwoga1
November 9th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Yes! Go Terriers

344Johnson
November 9th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Technically not an alumnus. Student though.

Laker
November 9th, 2012, 03:54 PM
I am a fan of D2 Minnesota State-Mankato, where I graduated and did my grad school. I have a big interest in the AGS site because of the former NCC schools of UNC, UND, NDSU, USD, SDSU, UNC and way back UNI, not just from playing them but also knowing people who went to those schools. Of course UNOmaha too, when they actually had football..........

LuckyKat
November 9th, 2012, 04:07 PM
DAMN SKIPPY !

AmsterBison
November 9th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Not only am I an alumnus, but I'm pretty sure that NDSU is going to build a statue of me... but since I'm modest, it's going to look like somebody else and have somebody else's name on it.

theasushow
November 9th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Yep, and all of my kids will be ASU alumni too. My wife went to NC State though so when we play a Wofford or a Elon (no offense but hey it is what it is)her response is "oh, we play Florida State".

walliver
November 9th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Yep, and all of my kids will be ASU alumni too. My wife went to NC State though so when we play a Wofford or a Elon (no offense but hey it is what it is)her response is "oh, we play Florida State".

NC State really isn't really a team to look down on others. They may "play" Florida State, but don't win often.

MorgantonAPPAlum
November 9th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Both my wife and I, graduate and undergraduate.

McNeese75
November 9th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Yep, both the wife and myself

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

theasushow
November 9th, 2012, 04:32 PM
NC State really isn't really a team to look down on others. They may "play" Florida State, but don't win often.

I agree (although they did beat FSU this year)...and I am very content with FCS football, but a lot of my buddies went to VT, NC State, and Wake, and they will casually ask me "who u guys playing this weekend?" and when I say "big game against Furman", I get that quizzical face and then a subtle "ah ok". I love ASU and the FCS, but people that went to BCS conference schools like the ACC will never understand the FCS world.

BisonFan02
November 9th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Nope....I'm a Jimmie.

Skyhawk71
November 9th, 2012, 04:36 PM
A House Divided..........I'm a UTM alum, but I'm married to a Murray St. Racer..............

Bam
November 9th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Yes. EKU 4 LIFE!

AppStsGr8
November 9th, 2012, 04:40 PM
I am not an Appalachian alumna. My son, however, is an Appalachian alumnus. When he chose Appalachian, my husband and I quickly fell in love with Appalachian State and have supported the school financially, as well as vocally, since our son's freshman year.

I graduated from an FBS school better known these days for its basketball, but I don't get back to my alma mater very often.

WrenFGun
November 9th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Yep. Grad and Undergrad.

R3TRO
November 9th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Yes. UNH grad and married to a UMass grad... ewwwww.

Ginsbach
November 9th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Yes. I got my bachelor's degree from NDSU and am working on my master's at Idaho State.

Laker
November 9th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Nope....I'm a Jimmie.

Ever meet Cara Wright from Nicollet? She went there.

MSUDuo
November 9th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Not as of now. Might get my Masters from there Missouri State.

Dad played football there in the late 70s, so that's my connection

BisonFan02
November 9th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Ever meet Cara Wright from Nicollet? She went there.

I think I might have in passing (played softball?)...I was there from 02-06.

BEAR
November 9th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Both me and my wife got our undergrad and grad degrees at UCA...or is that both my wife and I got our undergrad degrees at UCA....xlolx

Laker
November 9th, 2012, 05:24 PM
I think I might have in passing (played softball?)...I was there from 02-06.

She played basketball- very athletic gal- she did graduate in 2006- she did spend two years playing ball at Iowa Lakes JC before transferring to Jamestown. Light brown hair, had muscles. One day she was lying on her back in the gym and I pretended to stomp on her. She said, "Go ahead, stand on my stomach". I was 200 pounds and told her I didn't want to crush her. She said that she did pushups and situps every day. I took off my shoes and stepped up. Sure enough, she was as tough as she said she was.

She hated me in 8th grade but she saw the light and we got along very well when she matured. I drove two hours to watch her play in college one time- she was impressed that I would come to watch.

Sader87
November 9th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Interesting that no Patriot League or Ivy poster has posted here yet....probably goes without saying.

Holy Cross did have a very strong "subway alumni" fan-base once upon a time but that basically ended when we joined the Patriot League.

And yes, I am an alumnus of The College of the Holy Cross.

bullitt_60
November 9th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Yes, undergrad at GSU and graduate at Tech.

dbackjon
November 9th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Yup - NAU!!

dbackjon
November 9th, 2012, 05:50 PM
A House Divided..........I'm a UTM alum, but I'm married to a Murray St. Racer..............

My ex went to Murray (from Hickman, KY).

BisonFan02
November 9th, 2012, 06:09 PM
She played basketball- very athletic gal- she did graduate in 2006- she did spend two years playing ball at Iowa Lakes JC before transferring to Jamestown. Light brown hair, had muscles. One day she was lying on her back in the gym and I pretended to stomp on her. She said, "Go ahead, stand on my stomach". I was 200 pounds and told her I didn't want to crush her. She said that she did pushups and situps every day. I took off my shoes and stepped up. Sure enough, she was as tough as she said she was.

She hated me in 8th grade but she saw the light and we got along very well when she matured. I drove two hours to watch her play in college one time- she was impressed that I would come to watch.

Maybe it was basketball I was thinking of. I went to JC for business and was supposed to play baseball (ended up not playing)....moved off campus after my soph year, and didn't dedicate a ton of time for school activities other than classes. Happens I guess.

swaghook
November 9th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Associates degree from 2 year college NDSU-Bottineau(now known as Dakota College. They are the Lumberjacks) attended NDSU just didn't finish my degree.

89rabbit
November 9th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Yes I am!

kingkat99
November 9th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Yep me and the wife. Kids are Jr Bearkat members and all plan to go there too...

semobison
November 9th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Arrived at NDSU in the fall of 83. Bentrim was a frosh and we won the national title. Graduated winter 88 after we had won our 4th in 6 years! Who ever said "Six years of college down the drain"!

SiouxFallsJack
November 9th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Yes I am along with 3 older brothers.

bojeta
November 9th, 2012, 06:28 PM
My wife, daughter and I are Cal Poly grads! Daughter will soon be a UC Davis Ph.D. as well.

jim121256
November 9th, 2012, 06:35 PM
My son's a third-generation Eagle. My dad and I both are GSU grads, and my son is playing his final season at GSU. You'd better believe we're proud parents and grandparents!

theasushow
November 9th, 2012, 06:38 PM
My son's a third-generation Eagle. My dad and I both are GSU grads, and my son is playing his final season at GSU. You'd better believe we're proud parents and grandparents!

Brent Russell?!?!?!?

UCMoc
November 9th, 2012, 06:50 PM
I am a third generation Chattanooga alum. My Dad and I both got our undergrad and grad degrees at UTC. My grandfather was a UC (pre-adding the T) grad. I've been a Moc since I was old enough to know what that was (before they changed it, now nobody knows what the hell we are anymore).

TTUEagles
November 9th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Yes.
I haven't read through this whole thread, so I apologize if it's been "said" already: I'd like to see a poll one day about who's played for the school they cheer for on AGS? Just out of curiosity...

ElCid
November 9th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Yup! Go Dogs! But my wife, who went an all women's school, is also a rabid fan!

dungeonjoe
November 9th, 2012, 07:29 PM
I graduated from Wofford. My son, the infamous young terrier, is a freshman there now. I got a degree from LSU; I only pull that alumni card when I want to hammer the USC folks around here (which isn't often).

Ivytalk
November 9th, 2012, 07:37 PM
I am a Harvard alum (college and law school), and I still consider Harvard to be my FCS team of choice out of blind but diminishing loyalty. However, Georgia Southern is a close second: its fans are more rabid and more football-savvy than Harvard's dwindling fan base, and its tailgates are way better!xthumbsupx

Franks Tanks
November 9th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Yes.

No way I would stick around for the abuse otherwise.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 9th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Undergrad degree from NDSU with a Master's from Eastern Illinois.

Wife has a UND degree....but she is becoming a Bison fan!

JALMOND
November 9th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Alum of Rocky Mountain College, an NAIA school. Been following the Big Sky at a young age but never "pledged allegience" to either the Bobcats or Grizzlies. Dad went to MSU, brother and sister both went to UM. When I moved to Portland, Portland State was entering the Big Sky so I adopted them at that time. At first, I only attended game when either the Cats or Griz would play in Portland, but then realized that the Vikings played some good football. Kept going more often after that and slowly became a fan of PSU. Now I have four different styles of hats, a PSU football shirt, a PSU license plate holder and was even a season ticket holder for two years.

Go Apps
November 9th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Just taking a poll out of curiosity, apologizes if this has been done before. Did you actually attend the school you primarily root for here on AGS.

My hypothesis is that most of you will be, unlike in the FBS. But I think it would be fun to see.

Yes and I am at my Mountain Home ready to start tailgate tomorrow at 10:30 Go Apps

walliver
November 9th, 2012, 08:16 PM
I'm a third generation Terrier. I have subsequent education from an institution in Charleston with no athletic program, as well as Tulane, which has no real athletic program. I grew up watching Harold Chandler run the triple option in 1970, watching games with my father.

biggie
November 9th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Yes and I am at my Mountain Home ready to start tailgate tomorrow at 10:30 Go Apps
A late start eh? :)

Yes I am as well.

McNeese72
November 9th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Both my sons and I graduated from McNeese.

I think most fans of FCS teams are alumni or went to the school they cheer for.

A lot of the fans of the larger FBS (BCS, especially) schools just went to Walmart. ;)

Doc

NoDak 4 Ever
November 9th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Both my sons and I graduated from McNeese.

I think most fans of FCS teams are an alumnus or went to the school they cheer.

A lot of the fans of the larger FBS (BCS, especially) schools just went to Walmart. ;)

Doc

This.

I'm pretty convinced most of the people wearing OSU **** around here didn't even graduate high school much less went to college.

mountaineerman
November 9th, 2012, 08:28 PM
I am 34 years old ,i am not an alumnus of app state but the first game i attended was 33 years and four months ago hope this qualifies. Me and dad still come to every game go apps

Franks Tanks
November 9th, 2012, 08:31 PM
This.

I'm pretty convinced most of the people wearing OSU **** around here didn't even graduate high school much less went to college.

Be nice.

Those people increase the average IQ of the OSU fanbase.

Sammy94
November 9th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Me, my wife (employer also) are alumni. Daughter is a freshman.

JMUNJ08
November 9th, 2012, 09:17 PM
JMU BBA '08 and MSA '09. Same with girlfriend and sister. And what sold me on the school? A JMU thrashing of Liberty of about 44-6 to open the 2003 season!

WataugaDave
November 9th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Technically not an alumnus. Student though.

Well, yeah, me too. But there's not many of us still students. The only other one I know of is youngterrier.

Wife has a UND degree....but she is becoming a Bison fan!

Ah, Stockholm syndrome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome) I see.

TheBisonator
November 9th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Yes I am, Bachelor of Fine Arts with a minor in Political Science, NDSU '10

NoCoDanny
November 9th, 2012, 10:00 PM
You have to be with this team... xbawlingx

Mattymc727
November 9th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Nope, grew up watching the wildcats and became a diehard before high school. Literally 85% of my friends went to UNH and I decided I wanted to try something different. I loved college, and do not regret my desicion at all. I see my fandom as for the state of New Hampshire rather than just a university. Now that I have graduated, Ive been actually spending more time at UNH partying with my buds who still go there. Best of both worlds I guess...

Redhawk2010
November 9th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Yep. Worked with the team full time for a year and part time for two years in the process.

Mattymc727
November 9th, 2012, 10:14 PM
You have to be with this team... xbawlingx

Before I made my college decision, It came down to my Alma Mater, and the University of Northern Colorado, weird I know. I took a trip out to Greeley my senior year of high shool and loved it, i just couldnt commit to the distance. I am patiently waiting for the Bears to turn into a great team so I can have a team from the west to root for.

UNIFanSince1983
November 9th, 2012, 10:46 PM
I have two undergrad degrees from the University of Northern Iowa. I went to a UNI basketball game when I was less than a month old. I never ever dreamed of going anywhere else!

OldApp79
November 9th, 2012, 10:48 PM
"I am 34 years old ,i am not an alumnus of app state but the first game i attended was 33 years and four months ago hope this qualifies. Me and dad still come to every game go apps"

Could not resist making first post in response to this post. My wife & I are both App alumni and having graduated in 1979, we also likely attended your first game. When we attended App, the big sports rival was East Carolina and now it appears to be Georgia Southern. Well, as fate would have it, our 1st child graduated from East Carolina and our 2nd child currently attends Georgia Southern. Side note; we have GSU & App Christmas ornaments, the winner's ornament goes on top of the tree that year.

slostang
November 9th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Yes, and my wife works for Cal Poly.

downbythebeach
November 9th, 2012, 11:13 PM
B.A. from Saint Francis University
M.S. from Duquesne University

gotts
November 9th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Wife and I both have a BS in CE from NDSU.

GoAgs72
November 10th, 2012, 12:12 AM
I am an alumnus of UC Davis as well as my older son. My daughter and younger son are current students. My wife is Central Washington/San Jose State but is an adopted Aggie.

HailSzczur
November 10th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Student..... Not yet, 3 years though if all goes well.

Twentysix
November 10th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Student..... Not yet, 3 years though if all goes well.

Doing one of those 6 year associate degrees? :p

HailSzczur
November 10th, 2012, 01:36 AM
Doing one of those 6 year associate degrees? :p

Been told I only get emotional support for the last 2 of the one :p

Eaglesrus
November 10th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Both my wife and I are graduates, in her case twice.

caribbeanhen
November 10th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Yep...Have an Bachelor's and Master's from North Dakota State. Wife has a Bachelor's from MSU Moorhead and a Master's from St. Cloud State. She's a Bison fan by marriage.

so tell us if your employedxviolinx

Engineer86
November 10th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Interesting that no Patriot League or Ivy poster has posted here yet....probably goes without saying.

Holy Cross did have a very strong "subway alumni" fan-base once upon a time but that basically ended when we joined the Patriot League.

And yes, I am an alumnus of The College of the Holy Cross.

Not sure you have paid attention to the user names, seems like many Lehigh names have a graduation class year in them.

I am a Lehigh grad, met my wife there. Two sons there now and a third comes home asking if his grades are good enough to get in. Also my brother and sister, who both went to a different school have kids at Lehigh. Parents weekend is a family reunion. Now if I can only get me former UD player, dad, to shift his donation checks to Lehigh rather than UD ... I will have turned the whole family.

Engineer86
November 10th, 2012, 07:02 AM
This.

+1
My wife can't stand Penn St simply because Everyone roots for them in PA.

GSUwinsagain
November 10th, 2012, 07:06 AM
My wife and I are graduates and our daughter is a junior at GS.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2012, 07:25 AM
+1
My wife can't stand Penn St simply because Everyone roots for them in PA.

My wife is getting her PhD here so as a grad student, she gets some of the first pick of season tickets. We never have purchased them and probably have watched one game on tv. While all my neighbors are watching the Buckeyes, I'm gladly watching a grainy webcast of my Bison!

WataugaDave
November 10th, 2012, 08:20 AM

God, yes. I lived in Ohio until I was 12, and I had to deal with a family of RABID Ohio State fans even though my mother was the ONLY ONE who ever actually went there. Not to mention everyone else in the city even though we were 2 1/2 hours away from Columbus. And now I have to deal with it from UNC and Duke fans who couldn't get into either institution on the coldest day in Hell.

Oh, you're a UNC fan? You hate Duke fans? Shut the **** up, you don't even know a single a person who went to either school, you just watch the games on ESPN and get drunk. I also hate all the Wake Forest pride in Winston-Salem, because the university lives inside of a bubble and contributes NOTHING except basketball and ****ty football to the rest of the community.

gsu_paintballer
November 10th, 2012, 09:09 AM
BBA and Masters in Accounting from Georgia Southern.

dgreco
November 10th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Yes, Bryant class of '08. I also support my fiancee's school Michigan '09.

MSUBobcat
November 10th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Yep. BS and Master's degrees in Accounting. MSU had the highest pass rate in the country for 1st attempts on the CPA exam when I graduated ('04). Not sure if its still one of the top accounting programs in the country or not.

UCABEARS75
November 10th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Yup. Class of 1975. BBA in Accounting.

SpeedkingATL
November 10th, 2012, 01:32 PM
APPsolutely. Class of 77.

DSUrocks07
November 10th, 2012, 03:47 PM
No.

LeeshaJo
November 10th, 2012, 03:51 PM
lived in Brookings for six years though and became a fan then.

GSUhooligan
November 10th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Yup. Co '07 BBA Regional Economic Development

Houndawg
November 10th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Yes, BSEET '86

MR. CHICKEN
November 10th, 2012, 04:33 PM
17206......AH WAS UH LAB-TECH....DUPONT COMPANY...40 YEARS....DUH KIND O' JOB....HIGH-SKOOLERAHS...USED TA GET.......NOW YA GOTTAH HAVE DUH SHEEPSKIN......GOT MAH ED...IN AIR-FORCE....AN'...LIFE........GREW UP..IN NEWARK...CHOATE STREET....(KLONDIKE KATE'S...WAS JES' UH GAS STATION)..USED TA SHAG FOUL BALLS..FROM DELAWARE'S BASEBALL TEAM...BEHIND DUH MAIN STREET STORES....COOD HEAR...DUH FOOTBALL TEAM....FROM...DUH GRAVEYARD...ON CENTER STREET...(WHERE MAH GRAND-PARENTS ARE)....OLDEST O' SEVEN.....TOOK COLLEGE PREP COURSES.....BARELAH ESCAPED NEWARK HIGH.....AH'VE...ALWAYS WONDERED.....WHAA...DUH GUIDANCE COUNCILOR/TEACHERS.....NEVERAH STEPPED IN...KNOWIN' MAH FAMILY SITUATION AN' SUCH.......VIET NAM...CAME ALONG.....ENLIST...O'..GET DRAFTED...(ENLISTMENT...DUH LEGAL WAY..TA RUN TA CANADA!)...STARTED GOIN' TA DELAWARE GAMES....PIGSKIN ALLEY..(END ZONE BLEACHERS)....IN 6TH GRADE........JES' UH TOWNIE.....WHO WAS ASTUTE ...'NUFF.....TA REALIZE GOOD [email protected]/I-AA LEVEL.....OH....AN' HENRIETTAH.....EMPLOYED BAH UD...FO' 27 YEARS.....AN' MAH SEASON TIX.....GET DUH EMPLOYEE/RETIREMENT...DISCOUNT.....;)....BRAWK/OBAMA/BIDEN!

Hammerhead
November 10th, 2012, 05:50 PM
I managed to squeeze 4 years of college into just 5 years + 1 trimester. Oh, and I'm an NDSU alum.

Arrived at NDSU in the fall of 83. Bentrim was a frosh and we won the national title. Graduated winter 88 after we had won our 4th in 6 years! Who ever said "Six years of college down the drain"!

skinny_uncle
November 10th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Yep, class of '73.

PantherRob82
November 10th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Nope, and unless I go for a masters after my doctorate, I never will be.

ASU_Fanatic
November 10th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Where's the option for still in highschool

jim121256
November 11th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Brent Russell?!?!?!?

Nope.

Walkon79
November 11th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CharlotteApp
November 11th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Yep.. Class of '99.

bjtheflamesfan
November 11th, 2012, 09:37 AM
2009 graduate of Liberty University. The wife is not (would like to be though)

CopperCat
November 11th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Hellz yes, and a native of the state so I've been a bobcat my whole life.

CharlotteApp
November 11th, 2012, 09:41 AM
God, yes. I lived in Ohio until I was 12, and I had to deal with a family of RABID Ohio State fans even though my mother was the ONLY ONE who ever actually went there. Not to mention everyone else in the city even though we were 2 1/2 hours away from Columbus. And now I have to deal with it from UNC and Duke fans who couldn't get into either institution on the coldest day in Hell.

Oh, you're a UNC fan? You hate Duke fans? Shut the **** up, you don't even know a single a person who went to either school, you just watch the games on ESPN and get drunk. I also hate all the Wake Forest pride in Winston-Salem, because the university lives inside of a bubble and contributes NOTHING except basketball and ****ty football to the rest of the community.

I have often thought that the most annoying UNC fans are the ones that couldn't point to Chapel Hill on a map.

Eaglegus2
November 11th, 2012, 09:56 AM
I went to Ga Southern for 3 years then transferred to a tennis university to graduate....Armstrong Atlantic State. They have the best D-2 tennis program in the Country. They have numerous titles.

Step-Daughter is a Wofford grad. we have a great time pulling against each other.

100%GRIZ
November 11th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Yep - Met my wife at UM.

CHIP72
November 11th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Nope. My rooting allegiances are related to where I grew up (eastern Pennsylvania, or more specifically the Lehigh Valley). My undergraduate degree is from a Division III school (Juniata) and my graduate degree is from a Division II school (Indiana, PA, aka IUP).

SoCalAg
November 11th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Brother went to Davis and then I followed. We both competed for the Aggies too. Proud to be an Aggie, living 400 miles away.

ASUG8
November 11th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Yep, met my wife at ASU then did grad school at Wake Forest.

DJKyR0
November 11th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Working on a degree in History currently at NDSU.

WataugaDave
November 11th, 2012, 05:17 PM

Legends, the on-campus club at App, has shirts that say "Making college the best 6 years of your life."

then did grad school at Wake Forest.

Sorry for the dig against Wake Forest. I just know way too many frat guys and stuck-ups to like the place. I also have to question the sanity of anyone who would want to spend their undergrad days in Winston-Salem. Nothing personal.

Sam_Kats
November 11th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Yes. Wife graduated in '03 with Education Degree & I graduated in '04 with Business Degree. Ah, the good 'ol days.

hawkineer
November 11th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Yes, Class of '81. A proud Engineer!

gobison.gsb
November 11th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Sure am. Born and raised in western NoDak, fourth sibling to attend NDSU, grandpa attended when it was NDAC, many uncles, aunts, cousins, attended. Proud alum '12 and long time member of the NDSU Gold Star Marching Band.

Seawolf97
November 11th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Father of an alum. My daughter graduated class of '97. Been following the Seawolves ever since. When she started at SBU they were known as the Patriots.

DSUrocks07
November 11th, 2012, 07:51 PM
No.

To elaborate further. I was born and raised in the Dover area. Been here for a majority of my life. Never had an opportunity to attend any college due to outside circumstances, but I have always been partial to Delaware State and the relationship (or lack thereof and some say animosity) the school has with the local community. I would love to see DSU continue to grow into a proud and strong institution and successful in all aspects including athletics. I hope to one day be able to say that I am a DSU alum but that day will come for me when the time is right.

GO HORNETS! xpeacex

sgt smash
November 11th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Nope. Never went to college. Had my first set of season tickets for NDSU wrestling when I was six though.

Thundar
November 11th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Nope, but a forever NDSU football fan

clenz
November 11th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Yes...

UNI class of 2010

Wife has 2 degrees from UNI
B.A. 2008
M.A. 2011
Getting her PhD somewhere else though (likely University of Kansas when we move to Kansas City in a year and half ish...)

Both in the alumni association as well as donors to the athletic "Panther Scholarship Club" and the "Friends of Gallagher" (Gallagher-Bluedorn Performing Arts Center (where the big time plays/commedians/what not are held on campus (funding organization)

Will always be a Panther

Brother-in-law did as well - B.A. 2011

I've had numerous other family members attend UNI at one point, but they transferred to be closer to back home (or were kicked out of UNI due to starting President Koob's lawn on fire in protest of wars and what not in 1969/1970...yeah my aunt was a hippie and still is).

My grandmother graduated from UNI (actually the Iowa State Teachers College 1941...I believe)

danefan
November 11th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Yes. Wife and I are both Albany alumni. She ran cross country/track and I played football.

Two NEC championship rings in my house as well.

TheRevSFA
November 11th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Both my wife and I are SFA alumni. She's getting her NP from the University of Texas Medical branch, and once she has that I'll go back for my MBA

EdubAlum
November 11th, 2012, 09:51 PM
I don't think anyone would claim to be an EWU fan if they didn't actually attend there:)

PhillyApp1
November 11th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Nope, married into the APP family.... Dragon by degree....grew up going to Delaware, Villanova, and Penn games and watching Penn State on Sunday mornings replay .......friends with more APP grads than my wife :-) and am a partner in the "A-Hole Tailgate" & "Short Bus Crew" 2012 APP Tailgate of the year !!!!

ASUMountaineer
November 12th, 2012, 10:48 AM

They also play Virginia. xdohx

xlolx

Gil Dobie
November 12th, 2012, 11:11 AM
First degree from NDSU (Math & Science), second from Nebraska-Omaha (Computer Science).

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 12th, 2012, 11:15 AM
No, I was born into a Lehigh sports family. I still remember going to Lehigh's old Taylor Stadium to watch games as a kid.

If I would have gone to a PL school out of HS it would have been Bucknell I had the grades and extra carics but not the SAT score. I might have got into Lehigh but didn't have interest at the time. However, I did have the opportunity to transfer to Lehigh midway through my Soph year at Temple but decided to stay. I'm glad I did.