PDA

View Full Version : Who Do you not want to face in the playoffs?

katstrapper
November 9th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Personally, I dont want to see the Kats play Stony Brook again. The Seawolves would be looking for redemption after last years playoff game.

danefan
November 9th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Personally, I dont want to see the Kats play Stony Brook again. The Seawolves would be looking for redemption after last years playoff game.

A lot of teams should be worried about SBU.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see SBU with a #5 seed if they win out. I'd give them the #5 over Lehigh. In that case they will be very tough at home. They're built to play in cold weather with that run game.

asucrutch23
November 9th, 2012, 08:28 AM
GSU, ODU, UNH, NDSU.

GSU because of the revenge factor.

ODU because of their offense and our recent CAA beat downs.

UNH. See above. CAA troubles.

NDSU because it would be in Fargo most likely. I think we would hold our own against their D but it would be a tough matchup up there as GSU found out last year.

PhoenixSupreme
November 9th, 2012, 08:31 AM
I guess I'm not applicable to answer this question then xsmhx

Dane96
November 9th, 2012, 08:40 AM
While in some ways it pains Dane fans to say this...(we wish we had moved up quicker with them)...but I would NOT want to face Stony Brook. They manhandled Army...they hung with Syracuse...and they have destroyed sub-par competition. The Colgate game is looking better as Colgate keeps winning.

If I were a team in the playoffs...I would not want to face Stony Brook. If the QB was a "hair" more efficient...that team would be a Top 2-3 team. The running game and defense are pretty damn good.

Sammy94
November 9th, 2012, 08:50 AM
We can be beat by a good passing game so I don't want to play ODU. I guess Stony and especially MSU for the revenge factor.

katstrapper
November 9th, 2012, 08:52 AM
We can be beat by a good passing game so I don't want to play ODU. I guess Stony and especially MSU for the revenge factor.

I would say early in the season the Kats would struggle against a good passing team,but I think things are different now. The Kat D has really picked things up in the second half of the season.

Sammy94
November 9th, 2012, 08:57 AM
I would say early in the season the Kats would struggle against a good passing team,but I think things are different now. The Kat D has really picked things up in the second half of the season.

I will agree but the last team we faced with a passing game (which was early in the season) was a little close for what I like.

AmsterBison
November 9th, 2012, 09:19 AM
For the championship game it doesn't matter, but I don't like rematches from the regular season or of last year's playoffs.

So that'd be no to South Dakota State, Sam Houston State, Georgia Southern, Lehigh, and James Madison assuming they all make the playoffs.

md64179
November 9th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Any team that runs the triple option!

Twentysix
November 9th, 2012, 11:22 AM
For the championship game it doesn't matter, but I don't like rematches from the regular season or of last year's playoffs.

So that'd be no to South Dakota State, Sam Houston State, Georgia Southern, Lehigh, and James Madison assuming they all make the playoffs.

An NDSU SDSU National championship would be amazing!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 9th, 2012, 11:23 AM

SDSU could make a run in the playoffs.

Great running game and defense......recipe for success.

Bear84
November 9th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Sam Houston State.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 9th, 2012, 12:00 PM

+1!

Gil Dobie
November 9th, 2012, 01:21 PM
The FCS Champion

Vitojr130
November 9th, 2012, 01:47 PM
The FCS Champion

Best put away the mirrors then! xlolx

SpeedkingATL
November 9th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I just want the Apps to get in. Would prefer they not have to play an option team in the first couple of rounds. Would be interesting to see if App could break their string of futility playing games West of the Mississippi. If they advance very far, with the strength in the West in FCS this year that is a bridge they will have to cross.

Neighbor2
November 9th, 2012, 02:23 PM
No one should want to play Lehigh. Beat Lehigh and no one will give you credit. Lose to Lehigh, then how bad must you be(after shooting off your mouth on here)?

grayghost06
November 9th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Any team that runs the triple option!

Though teams generally don't beat JMU with the run, I'd just as soon not face Woffy or GSU. Just a pain to prepare for and we didn't play an option team this year. Woffy was particularly tough back in 2008 because they had the "Go for it on 4th down mentality". That's demoralizing when your D stops them for 3 yards or less for 3 downs and then they go for it( and make it on 4th and 1).

LuckyKat
November 9th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Bring em ALL on !

YOU AIN"T READY !

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 9th, 2012, 04:29 PM
I just want the Apps to get in. Would prefer they not have to play an option team in the first couple of rounds. Would be interesting to see if App could break their string of futility playing games West of the Mississippi. If they advance very far, with the strength in the West in FCS this year that is a bridge they will have to cross.

What you said only switch "Apps" with "Dukes". I'd love to see how we play against any team in the field.

TheBoyWhoSeaWolf
November 9th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Albany (should they make it). We played them last year and barely won, we'll be playing them next year, I'd rather mix it up with someone new, preferably a warm weather team paying a visit to our friendly confines.

ngineer
November 9th, 2012, 11:11 PM
No one should want to play Lehigh. Beat Lehigh and no one will give you credit. Lose to Lehigh, then how bad must you be(after shooting off your mouth on here)?

+1 Aint that the truth!

dudeitsaid
November 10th, 2012, 12:05 AM
The teams I'd hate to face are the teams I want to face!

NDSU would be tough because they are dang good, and they have a bone to pick from 2010. But I'd love that matchup for the opportunity to win without controversy!

SHSU because they are on a roll! SHSU because I am still pissed about the game we were crushing them in the 2nd round in 2004, then our DC decided to go prevent defense. We were up by 20 with 4:30 to go, they scored on easy outs, stopping the clock, recovered two onside kicks, caught the last TD as time went off the clock, and kicked the extra point to win. That was the worst I've ever felt about a loss in any football game ever!

I'll throw MSU in there because they will want revenge. But it would feel great to deny them that!

Twentysix
November 10th, 2012, 01:04 AM

NDSU would be tough because they are dang good, and they have a bone to pick from 2010. But I'd love that matchup for the opportunity to win without controversy!

SHSU because they are on a roll! SHSU because I am still pissed about the game we were crushing them in the 2nd round in 2004, then our DC decided to go prevent defense. We were up by 20 with 4:30 to go, they scored on easy outs, stopping the clock, recovered two onside kicks, caught the last TD as time went off the clock, and kicked the extra point to win. That was the worst I've ever felt about a loss in any football game ever!

I'll throw MSU in there because they will want revenge. But it would feel great to deny them that!

May EWU lose on a controversial goal line fumble in overtime ;)

Vitojr130
November 10th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Bring em ALL on !

YOU AIN"T READY !

xlolxxthumbsupx

GSUwinsagain
November 10th, 2012, 07:03 AM
ODU- If they have improved any on option defense and can stop us once then we could be in trouble. I'm not sure we can stop them.

NDSU- They are just a dang good, tough team.

Fordham
November 10th, 2012, 08:29 AM
I'd be more pleased if we were able to take anyone in the country on in any playoff round or game! xrotatehx

That said, I think Stony Brook has the goods this year.

LuckyKat
November 10th, 2012, 09:17 AM

MAN I rmeber that 04 Game, I thik i had 3 hear attacks, and almost jumped through the roof

Hammerhead
November 10th, 2012, 05:56 PM
What are the chances of NDSU and SDSU being on opposite sides of the bracket without both teams being seeded?

I know it's happened in the ancient D-II days since I was at the 1986 championship where NDSU beat USD.

SpeedkingATL
November 10th, 2012, 06:50 PM
What you said only switch "Apps" with "Dukes". I'd love to see how we play against any team in the field.

Come on down to The Rock for the second round game. Then we'll all be happy.:)