PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want your team to face in the playoffs?

Mattymc727
November 8th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Simple question. Could be for match-ups, travel interests, rivalries, or for just some plain old bragging rights.

If UNH makes the playoffs, I think I want a rematch with ODU, unreal game the first time, Id like to see what happens with round 2. If not them, perhaps NDSU, you have to beat the best in order to be the best.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 8th, 2012, 02:45 PM
GSU to see them finally lose their minds after 0-3
App State on the way to the first back to back since they did it.
ODU to finally knock Taylor Heinecke on his ***.

That would be a good start.

App1928
November 8th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Lehigh....no questions asked...would rather play @ lehigh then host anyone else in the field...obviously bethune cookman is the worst team that will make the field, but they will probably be in the play-in game to play the #1 seed, and we wont be that seed....so crossing my fingers for lehigh

App1928
November 8th, 2012, 02:47 PM
GSU to see them finally lose their minds after 0-3
App State on the way to the first back to back since they did it.
ODU to finally knock Taylor Heinecke on his ***.

That would be a good start.

GSU, App State, and ODU would be quit a lineup....but I would never wish that schedule on my team....I could be wrong, but i dont think anyone that plays Georgia Southern and App State back to back will be advancing....

NHwildEcat
I have to agree with playing ODU, but I would want it at home so we would need a seed for that to happen. As stated above it was an unreal game with a TON of offense. We are nearly unbeatable at home and I think our defense has improved since that early game.

We should have won that game...damn it.

NoDak 4 Ever
Lehigh....no questions asked...would rather play @ lehigh then host anyone else in the field...obviously bethune cookman is the worst team that will make the field, but they will probably be in the play-in game to play the #1 seed, and we wont be that seed....so crossing my fingers for lehigh

Yeah, I guess I wouldn't mind seeing Lehigh with Spadola so we can hear what excuses they have for the beatdown they get.

Sam_Kats
November 8th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Not sure if Sam has EVER played App St. Would be cool to bring a big time program like them or GSU to Bowers.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 8th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Lehigh... EWU would crush them.
NDSU their house or ours, because 2-0 against them would cause so much whining and excuse making.
MSU because they're always a pushover in the playoffs, and another win over them would cause so much whining and excuse making. :D

danefan
November 8th, 2012, 02:55 PM
I can tell you who I wouldn't want to face......Stony Brook.

Grizalltheway
November 8th, 2012, 02:57 PM
ANY team would do. xsmhxxsmhx

Fear the Bird
November 8th, 2012, 02:57 PM

This!

HailSzczur
November 8th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Anyone. I'll be happy to get in.

I saw a projection (I think from LFN?) that suggested maybe a Nova @ Lehigh first round matchup, that would be cool matchup, especially to see if the really are over rated :D

Other cool matchups would be a revenge trip to Statesboro or the EWU or a welcome to the CAA matchup with Stony Brook.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 8th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Please. Take a number.

bostonspider
November 8th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Well I just want to see the Spiders win out and make the playoffs. Then I would be happy with a match up with Wofford, similar school, or with ASU as we played them in the playoffs three straight from 07-09. UR owes Lehigh from back in 98, so I would be happy to play them. Really after last season, to see the Spiders back in the playoffs would be joy enough, no matter who the opponent.

The Eagle's Cliff
November 8th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Yeah, I guess I wouldn't mind seeing Lehigh with Spadola so we can hear what excuses they have for the beatdown they get.

You know, NDSU has a really good football team, but some of you guys act like you're established world beaters. Since being playoff eligible in FCS NDSU is 40-20. Two good seasons, Two bad seasons and one decent season. All this "beatdown" chest thumping gets old. NDSU is good, but not as good as 2011.

asucrutch23
November 8th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Not sure if Sam has EVER played App St. Would be cool to bring a big time program like them or GSU to Bowers.

Honest question, would Sam Houston outbid App? We haven't been on the road against a non-seed in a while.

Now if you're a seed it's a whole different story but there's already a debate going on that one.

To the question, I would like a 2nd chance at Wofford. Other than that, anyone but the CAA (too many visions of Szczur and last year vs. Maine) or GSU (think they might get us in a revenge game).

cbarrier90
November 8th, 2012, 03:24 PM
NDSU or Wofford

NoDak 4 Ever
November 8th, 2012, 03:27 PM
You know, NDSU has a really good football team, but some of you guys act like you're established world beaters. Since being playoff eligible in FCS NDSU is 40-20. Two good seasons, Two bad seasons and one decent season. All this "beatdown" chest thumping gets old. NDSU is good, but not as good as 2011.

God, just beat App some year and you can host some time.

Sammy94
November 8th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Central Arkansas!!!

Grizo406
November 8th, 2012, 03:39 PM

Agree completely! xbowxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx

JoshUCA
November 8th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Central Arkansas!!!

I was waiting for this one!

UNH Fanboi
November 8th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Any OVC team.

The Eagle's Cliff
November 8th, 2012, 03:52 PM
God, just beat App some year and you can host some time.

Georgia Southern isn't that good this year. I'm OK with that because we're still Georgia Southern and that's better than being anything else.

THE HERD
November 8th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Prairie View A&Mxsmiley_wix....No seriously I would love to see Appy, EWU or any other team we haven't played in the past come to the Fargo Dome hopefully. Gotta get a couple more W's first to make sure that happens.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 8th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Lehigh... EWU would crush them.
NDSU their house or ours, because 2-0 against them would cause so much whining and excuse making.
MSU because they're always a pushover in the playoffs, and another win over them would cause so much whining and excuse making. :D

Not yours, that **** was unwatchable until the snow started.

Rekdiver
November 8th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Anybody but Georgia Southern........ any almost anywhere is better than being in Statesboro...the fans are still chasing the refs from last week.

bisonboone11
November 8th, 2012, 03:55 PM
EWU (still a little bitter about 2010)
App State (Great program with a great history)
SHSU again would be cool.

UNH Fanboi
November 8th, 2012, 03:57 PM
I hate playing CAA teams in the playoffs. I wanna face a team we haven't played before. Would love to play a SoCon team again.

THE HERD
November 8th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Forgot about ODU.....would be very interesting to see our D match up with their O.

mcveyrl
November 8th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Prairie View A&M...

bisonboone11
November 8th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Forgot about ODU.....would be very interesting to see our D match up with their O.
I agree, and as you said in your other post, any other team that we haven't faced in the past.

THE HERD
November 8th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Georgia Southern isn't that good this year. I'm OK with that because we're still Georgia Southern and that's better than being anything else.

And he calls some of us Bison fans arrogantxeyebrowx

Griz_are_Beta_AF
November 8th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Either Northern Arizona or Cal Poly (if they make it) because we didn't get either of them during the regular season and people are talking them up like they're good without playing the top teams in the conference.

moosbah
November 8th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Appy. Their tradition and cache would be great viewing.

LUHawker
November 8th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Any of the CAA teams, but in this order:

Richmond, because it is relatively close to me and a match-up of similar schools
Villanova, because it is close and Andy Talley hates the PL and I want to see him make excuses for losing to a PL team
JMU, because I want pay back for the gift in 2004
ODU, because it is close
UNH, actually don't want to play them

Then:
App St, because it is a great program
EWU, so they will shut up

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 8th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I would like to see Lehigh get a shot at on of the Big Sky teams. I watched every MSU game and Lehigh would be in contention with these teams.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 8th, 2012, 04:36 PM

+1

I would like to see Lehigh get a shot at on of the Big Sky teams. I watched every MSU game and Lehigh would be in contention with these teams.

+1

GlassOnion
November 8th, 2012, 04:37 PM
A non conference opponent. I hate seeing re-matches of regular season opponents.

SpeedkingATL
November 8th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Anyone, anytime, anywhere. Go Apps!

Apphole
November 8th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Looks like we still have the biggest targets on our back in the FCS. What else is new. xcoffeex

I'd like us to play ODU, kick their dicks in and glance sarcastically at CUSA.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 8th, 2012, 04:50 PM

Be careful what you wish for. xtroublex xcoffeex

gsu_paintballer
November 8th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Someone close, since I'm assuming we'll be travelling.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 8th, 2012, 05:14 PM
If SDSU is at home, I'd like for us to play a team from out East - someone we've never played before.

If we're on the road, I hope we play at NAU so I can make the drive up to Flag for the game... Plus, I don't think NAU is as good as advertised.

If I had a free plane ticket to go watch us play anyone on the road, it would have to be App St.

Appattk
November 8th, 2012, 05:27 PM

Yup.......

Appattk
November 8th, 2012, 05:28 PM
I'd love to see any team other than those we've seen the past few years... More fun to learn about other programs and get to know other conferences/players/coaches etc....

LehighU11
November 8th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Well Lehigh has a pair of scalps from the past two MVFC and CAA champions, so an addition from the Big Sky would do just nicely:D. Especially if it were EWU just to shut them up.

Bison06
November 8th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Well Lehigh has a pair of scalps from the past two MVFC and CAA champions, so an addition from the Big Sky would do just nicely:D. Especially if it were EWU just to shut them up.

That was two years ago you beat UNI, last year NDSU was the MVFC champ and I don't see an NDSU scalp on your wall. Lehigh would be fun to play again, they like to talk trash and it makes for a good back and forth.

eaglesrback
November 8th, 2012, 06:11 PM
NDSU or Wofford

C'MON. u know u want some more Georgia Southern....

Pard4Life
November 8th, 2012, 06:20 PM
That was two years ago you beat UNI, last year NDSU was the MVFC champ and I don't see an NDSU scalp on your wall. Lehigh would be fun to play again, they like to talk trash and it makes for a good back and forth.

They do not do it very well though. And besides, we actually scored on you guys!

LehighU11
November 8th, 2012, 06:21 PM

Yeah unless we miraculously make it to the title game, I'm not eager to see NDSU anytime soon.

LehighU11
November 8th, 2012, 06:27 PM
They do not do it very well though. And besides, we actually scored on you guys!

(and gave up 42 points to the Bison)

Gil Dobie
November 8th, 2012, 06:37 PM
The runner-up!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 8th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Looks like we still have the biggest targets on our back in the FCS. What else is new. xcoffeex

Wonder why nobody wants to face NDSU in the playoffs?

Jacked_Rabbit
November 8th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Wonder why nobody wants to face NDSU in the playoffs?

Noticed nobody wants to face a Valley team... Weird.

jmu007
November 8th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Anyone, so long as it's in Harrisonburg!!!

frozennorth
November 8th, 2012, 07:25 PM
the only team that i think is a major nightmare is shsu.

are all playoff games on espn3, or how is that decided?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 8th, 2012, 07:45 PM
I hope the Bison get a rematch with EWU.

Besides that....anyone.

The Eagle's Cliff
November 8th, 2012, 07:47 PM
And he calls some of us Bison fans arrogantxeyebrowx

It ain't braggin if it's true ;-)

cbarrier90
November 8th, 2012, 07:49 PM
C'MON. u know u want some more Georgia Southern....

Nope. :D

Engineer86
November 8th, 2012, 07:51 PM
I would prefer someone we haven't played in a while, I would also prefer it was five minutes away. If not, I would like to play the BSC or SoCon Champ ;)

ITmonarch10
November 8th, 2012, 07:56 PM

SDSU and Illinois state have been under the radar all year. Their is also a serious lack of Illinois state fans to interact with ,so I kinda feel indifferent towards them. Id probably be interested in playing SDSU depending how they do against the Bison.

asumike83
November 8th, 2012, 08:17 PM
NDSU.

If you want the crown, you gotta take it off the king's head. Let's get it on!

HandoEX
November 8th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Eastern Washington. Any time, any place...would be fun to get revenge.

kalm
November 8th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Dream scenario would be MSU, NAU, or Cal Poly in the semi's in Cheney.

I also wouldn't mind NDSU because they are good and their fans are even gooder in defeat.

I'd like Lehigh because it would be an easy draw in the 2nd round.

DJnva
November 8th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Any big-time, non-CAA school as long as they don't run the triple option. :)

Southern Bison
November 8th, 2012, 09:26 PM
NDSU.

If you want the crown, you gotta take it off the king's head. Let's get it on!

Last time I looked...We're the defending National Champions and a 9-time National Champ! If we want a good joke, we'll call Boone for the court jester.

cbarrier90
November 8th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Last time I looked...We're the defending National Champions and a 9-time National Champ! If we want a good joke, we'll call Boone for the court jester.

Pretty sure Mike was giving NDSU a compliment since they are currently the "king"... xconfusedx

bullitt_60
November 8th, 2012, 09:39 PM
He is calling NDSU the current 'kings'.

bullitt_60
November 8th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Oh and I'd like to face Rhode Island, Savannah State, and Western Carolina.

Walkon79
November 9th, 2012, 12:37 AM

I'll bite. SHSU, EWU, NDSU revenge tour!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asumike83
November 9th, 2012, 12:51 AM

cbarrier and bullitt beat me to it but NDSU was the king in that analogy. It was a compliment, no need to bust out your DII hardware.

Lumberjackfanbefore2012
November 9th, 2012, 01:01 AM
MSU and EWU so we can shut up the haters. Sam Huston would be cool too.

App1928
November 9th, 2012, 04:19 AM
If I had to pick a matchup not based on ease (like lehigh/prarieview) but based on the 1 game itself I would def. love to see us play Eastern Washington....it would probably be at their place which looks to me like an excellent venue and theyve really risen to the top level of Division 1 over the last 10 years. The only previous meeting was in Boone in the 2007 playoffs, an epic 38-35 win for the Mountaineers on their way to their 3rd consecutive national championship. The 3 time champ App State (2006, 2006, 2007) vs. the 2010 National Champions....sign me up.

App1928
November 9th, 2012, 04:30 AM

Did North Dakota State have an awesome team last year? Yeah. This year? Sure looks like it....but lets not pretend you guys are an App/Georgia Southern/Montana....i mean i know you guys like to compile stats an all but literally not a soul in the FCS world is even slightly impressed with Division II titles and college division titles. I mean you guys were playing Valdosta State, Grambling college and a bunch of schools i've never heard of....not hatin on the kids who won those titles....but now youre here and that stuff is childs play....same goes for App and Georgia Southern if we move to FBS....at that point we cant live in the easier past.

North Dakota State has won 1 national title....and you guys should be damn proud....but dont act like your world beaters...be a winner for more than 3 years in a row get 5 straight playoff apearences ect...then well talk....but comparing your program to Georgia Southern, App State, Montana, Delaware, ect. is just rediculous bud

MTfan4life
November 9th, 2012, 04:31 AM
If I had to pick a matchup not based on ease (like lehigh/prarieview) but based on the 1 game itself I would def. love to see us play Eastern Washington....it would probably be at their place which looks to me like an excellent venue and theyve really risen to the top level of Division 1 over the last 10 years. The only previous meeting was in Boone in the 2007 playoffs, an epic 38-35 win for the Mountaineers on their way to their 3rd consecutive national championship. The 3 time champ App State (2006, 2006, 2007) vs. the 2010 National Champions....sign me up.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college/files/2010/08/eastern-washington-red-fiel.jpg

I completely agree with the strength of the program, and I don't mind the red at all, but even with the red, are you sure you know what venue you're referring to? xcoffeex

Engineer86
November 9th, 2012, 04:52 AM
Dream scenario would be MSU, NAU, or Cal Poly in the semi's in Cheney.

I also wouldn't mind NDSU because they are good and their fans are even gooder in defeat.

I'd like Lehigh because it would be an easy draw in the 2nd round.

Ok, now I am starting to agree with other Lehigh posters.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 9th, 2012, 04:54 AM
Did North Dakota State have an awesome team last year? Yeah. This year? Sure looks like it....but lets not pretend you guys are an App/Georgia Southern/Montana....i mean i know you guys like to compile stats an all but literally not a soul in the FCS world is even slightly impressed with Division II titles and college division titles. I mean you guys were playing Valdosta State, Grambling college and a bunch of schools i've never heard of....not hatin on the kids who won those titles....but now youre here and that stuff is childs play....same goes for App and Georgia Southern if we move to FBS....at that point we cant live in the easier past.

North Dakota State has won 1 national title....and you guys should be damn proud....but dont act like your world beaters...be a winner for more than 3 years in a row get 5 straight playoff apearences ect...then well talk....but comparing your program to Georgia Southern, App State, Montana, Delaware, ect. is just rediculous bud

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f257/EEggler/AwJeezNotThisSheetAgain1.jpg

App1928
November 9th, 2012, 06:18 AM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college/files/2010/08/eastern-washington-red-fiel.jpg

I completely agree with the strength of the program, and I don't mind the red at all, but even with the red, are you sure you know what venue you're referring to? xcoffeex

obviously not....I had seen a game on tv once...looked alot cooler....minus 1 point for me

kalm
November 9th, 2012, 07:04 AM
obviously not....I had seen a game on tv once...looked alot cooler....minus 1 point for me

xlolx

Yeah show an empty visitor section pic of most FCS stadiums and it won't be too flattering.

Never mind the Griz, they've been hearing footsteps from Cheney for awhile now.

It's not the Rock or WGS, but this might do it a little better justice:
http://web.ewu.edu/groups/athletics/facilities/RoosSkyShot.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 9th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Besides EWU....it would be fun to have some teams we have not played before.

bobbythekidd
November 9th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Nice track!

kalm
November 9th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Nice track!

It's more than likely coming out next year. The Gateway Project will move the field right next to the press box side, and a new 8,000 seat grandstand with luxury boxes and cabanas, locker rooms, and commercial space will be where the current visitor side is.

344Johnson
November 9th, 2012, 07:39 AM

lol @ dumb person with lack of knowledge, btw, i want to play App, EWU, and Montana State

344Johnson
November 9th, 2012, 07:40 AM

lol @ dumb person with lack of knowledge, btw, i want to play App, EWU, and Montana State

App1928
November 9th, 2012, 07:46 AM
xlolx

Yeah show an empty visitor section pic of most FCS stadiums and it won't be too flattering.

Never mind the Griz, they've been hearing footsteps from Cheney for awhile now.

It's not the Rock or WGS, but this might do it a little better justice:
http://web.ewu.edu/groups/athletics/facilities/RoosSkyShot.jpg

looks excellent if you dont have to look at the unusually small 'away' section....whats the capacity? Could EW fill the stadium if it was a bit larger? Because if it wasn't so open I think that stadium would be awesome....this is what I remember seeing on ESPN a few years back, they obviously hide the away section.

kalm
November 9th, 2012, 08:08 AM
looks excellent if you dont have to look at the unusually small 'away' section....whats the capacity? Could EW fill the stadium if it was a bit larger? Because if it wasn't so open I think that stadium would be awesome....this is what I remember seeing on ESPN a few years back, they obviously hide the away section.

We've averaged over capacity (8700) the last two seasons. The university has been real aggressive in taking advantage of the NC and the local media has responded with WAY better coverage. The students have also stepped up their attendance dramatically. It's still a bit of a "if you build it..." but yes, I think it's doable. Need to keep winning though.

clawman
November 9th, 2012, 08:13 AM

Good responsexlolx
Maybe Missoula Sentinel would be a good game?

App1928
November 9th, 2012, 08:16 AM

What is dumb about what I said? I admittedly had no knowledge of these titles until I looked them up yesterday (I looked them up because I knew NDSU has not won 9 DI titles), and I may have been confused by im pretty sure my information is accurate. DII and lower level 'national titles' are not impressive at this level (just because of the weak competition), NDSU does in fact claims 'college division' titles (this appears to be polls who vote who for who the best DII team is?), and Grambling College did play on that level when NDSU was winning this 'national titles'

Look, you dont have to tell me, NDSU has a real good team and a great future ahead in my opinion, and I'm not sure if it is because you guys are relatively new to FCS, but if the fan base thinks this way (that NDSU is 9-time national champion) they are in for alot of dissapointment. I think any unbiased person would agree that App State is far more successful than NDSU for the sheer fact we have been in FCS for a long time, we have incredible crowds, weve won the 3rd most FCS titles, a load of conference titles, play in a brutally tough conference, beat michigan, ect.....that being said, we have created a spoiled fan base who says "we are terrible" when we have an 8-4 season. If we dont win the national title then 'we suck this year.'

You guys dont want this to happen to you...trust me, everyone expects a win every game and thinks the sky is falling when we lose. And just being real, App State is a bigger name (michigan game didnt hurt) has a far more extensive history, and honestly just gets amazing athletes, but even we have this problem (especially among students)....promoting DII and 'college division' titles is fine I guess, but in my opinion it takes away from the real one you guys won last year and it gives the fan base a false sense of being dominant (which is very difficult on the FCS level for long periods of time, barring a select 3-4 teams)....but who knows, maybe the precedent wont hold true to you guys...I mean in the end it's not a big deal, I just think its kinda silly to say 9-time national champion....when Central State, Carson-Newman, North alabama, southwest texas state, ect are some of the teams to make these championship games....but to each their own I suppose....and who knows....if App State wouldnt have gone to D1 so long ago, maybe they would have won DII titles and bragged about them, anything is possible....

Apphole
November 9th, 2012, 08:16 AM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f257/EEggler/AwJeezNotThisSheetAgain1.jpg

Stop being premadonnas and people will stop saying such things. You're this year's Eastern Washington and that is all. A flash in the pan.

Win a few more NC's, go ten years without missing the playoffs, double your attendance, then you can be mentioned in the same breath as App and Montana.

App1928
November 9th, 2012, 08:19 AM
We've averaged over capacity (8700) the last two seasons. The university has been real aggressive in taking advantage of the NC and the local media has responded with WAY better coverage. The students have also stepped up their attendance dramatically. It's still a bit of a "if you build it..." but yes, I think it's doable. Need to keep winning though.

well I wish you guys luck, im not sure how big the university is but you guys deserve big crowds....EW has risen to an FCS power since 2004 and are a fun team to watch....hope our teams will meet again soon

App1928
November 9th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Stop being premadonnas and people will stop saying such things. You're this year's Eastern Washington and that is all. A flash in the pan.

Win a few more NC's, go ten years without missing the playoffs, double your attendance, then you can be mentioned in the same breath as App and Montana.

thats what im talking about...I'm not hating on NDSU, their a good team...its just I have never seen a fan base that considered themselves to be in the highest echelon, when others dont really see it that way....you ask me to name you the FCS powers I spit out GA southern, app, montana these are the only teams you see every single year, and outside of the youngstown state teams of the 90's no one else has won more than 1 title...I've kept up with FCS football since 2000, and I honestly had never heard of this school until 2007 i think it was (because they had a big playoff win)...doesnt mean these teams are terrible, its just very peculiar to me that DII success meant so much to this school....If i was a bettin man (and im too poor to be) I'd bet NDSU is going to fall of....and it might be rough....but only time will tell....but live in the moment for now

KATS_21
November 9th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Ill take a rematch with NDSU in Frisco and I would like to see the Kats play UCA again. Playing UCA in the playoffs would be awesome, we can go to Conway or they can come to Bowers.

PhoenixSupreme
November 9th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Guess I'm not applicable to answer this question :(:(:(

bisonboone11
November 9th, 2012, 08:48 AM

Actually, I believe Montana was runner up at least one of the years NDSU won a national championship. San Diego State was in there too I believe (not that they're that good, but they're FBS now). That's fine if you don't care about Division II titles. I understand most people don't care about them at this level. However, having that sort of indifference towards them also devalues FCS championships. The FCS isn't the FBS/BCS, so not a soul in the FBS/BCS world cares about FCS titles. Does that make the FCS irrelevant? I guess I'll leave that up to you to decide. If/when App State/Montana/Georgia Southern move up to FBS or whatever they will call it, I'm sure you will never mention your FCS championships.

NDSU was playing with the same number of scholarships as the teams they were beating (Montana was at that level once too), so of course we're going to be proud of them. Obviously NDSU doesn't have the history in the FCS to say they're at the level of App State/Georgia Southern/Montana/etc, and whether or not NDSU can continue being an upper tier team in the FCS like they were in division II is yet to be seen, but I think they're making a pretty good case for themselves.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 9th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Actually, I believe Montana was runner up at least one of the years NDSU won a national championship. San Diego State was in there too I believe (not that they're that good, but they're FBS now). That's fine if you don't care about Division II titles. I understand most people don't care about them at this level. However, having that sort of indifference towards them also devalues FCS championships. The FCS isn't the FBS/BCS, so not a soul in the FBS/BCS world cares about FCS titles. Does that make the FCS irrelevant? I guess I'll leave that up to you to decide. If/when App State/Montana/Georgia Southern move up to FBS or whatever they will call it, I sure hope you never mention your FCS championships.

NDSU was playing with the same number of scholarships as the teams they were beating (Montana was at that level once too), so of course we're going to be proud of them. Obviously NDSU doesn't have the history in the FCS to say they're at the level of App State/Georgia Southern/Montana/etc, and whether or not NDSU can continue being an upper tier team in the FCS like they were in division II is yet to be seen, but I think they're making a pretty good case for themselves.

Also keep in mind that when NDSU was actually winning those college division championships, Georgia Southern Football didn't exist and App State was NAIA.

Try having 100 years of football tradition.

THE HERD
November 9th, 2012, 08:57 AM

If we win another NC in the next few years could we then be mentioned in the same breath with the GREAT App St?......pleeeeease! NDSU is every bit as good a football program as Appy, UM, GS or Delaware....now with that bieng said we obviously have only been at this level for a few years so we don't have that long history at this level as those respective programs do, but as far as the intangibles that make a program great.....Winning Tradition, Fan Support, Great Facilities, National Championships, etc.....We got it. I have nothing but respect for App St, UM and GS, but when I see posts such as yours its obvious you have very little respect for NDSU. National Championships are extremely hard to attain at any level and we have amassed 9, if that doesn't warrant some respect for our football program I don't know what does. NDSU will not be going away anytime soon. Here's to getting a chance to play the Great App St. this year in the playoffs........I just hope we can compete. To all other App St fans nothing but respect for ya, but for App1928....not so much. Good Luck in the playoffs.

kalm
November 9th, 2012, 08:59 AM
well I wish you guys luck, im not sure how big the university is but you guys deserve big crowds....EW has risen to an FCS power since 2004 and are a fun team to watch....hope our teams will meet again soon

Thanks man, and likewise to you!

Apphole
November 9th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Also keep in mind that when NDSU was actually winning those college division championships, Georgia Southern Football didn't exist and App State was NAIA.

What years are you talking about exactly? Because we were beating the South Carolinas of the world and winning bowl games while you were accruing plastic, D-2 rings.

Gringer1
November 9th, 2012, 09:01 AM

So in less time than you had football, GSU won 6 Division 1 National Championships while you were beating the local community college for the state 4A championship. Sounds like GSU has the edge in D1 accomplishment bragging rights.

Apphole
November 9th, 2012, 09:03 AM
If we win another NC in the next few years could we then be mentioned in the same breath with the GREAT App St?......pleeeeease! NDSU is every bit as good a football program as Appy, UM, GS or Delaware....now with that bieng said we obviously have only been at this level for a few years so we don't have that long history at this level as those respective programs do, but as far as the intangibles that make a program great.....Winning Tradition, Fan Support, Great Facilities, National Championships, etc.....We got it. I have nothing but respect for App St, UM and GS, but when I see posts such as yours its obvious you have very little respect for NDSU. National Championships are extremely hard to attain at any level and we have amassed 9, if that doesn't warrant some respect for our football program I don't know what does. NDSU will not be going away anytime soon. Here's to getting a chance to play the Great App St. this year in the playoffs........I just hope we can compete. To all other App St fans nothing but respect for ya, but for App1928....not so much. Good Luck in the playoffs.

I respect NDSU. But I'm not going to dilute myself by placing them on the same shelf as programs with decades of DIVISION ONE accolades. You need to take off the yellow and green glasses.

bisonboone11
November 9th, 2012, 09:14 AM
What years are you talking about exactly? Because we were beating the South Carolinas of the world and winning bowl games while you were accruing plastic, D-2 rings.
App State is 3-6 in bowl games? I believe NDSU is 7-5.

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2012, 09:15 AM

I think NDSU will need to win a Super Bowl before you'll deem them worthy of being "in the same breath as App and Montana".

bobbythekidd
November 9th, 2012, 09:16 AM
It's more than likely coming out next year. The Gateway Project will move the field right next to the press box side, and a new 8,000 seat grandstand with luxury boxes and cabanas, locker rooms, and commercial space will be where the current visitor side is.

Is all that for real or is that a wish list?

TheBoyWhoSeaWolf
November 9th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Well, for Stony Brook, Maine won't be making it this year so no "Battle for the Butter" (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6LPEPHUNNY ), so I guess I'd like to see Sam Houston make its way up to Long Island for a rematch.

Snowgoose
November 9th, 2012, 09:19 AM
I respect NDSU. But I'm not going to dilute myself by placing them on the same shelf as programs with decades of DIVISION ONE accolades. You need to take off the yellow and green glasses.

Let me say one thing about this app hole. You are somewhat lucky the NCAA has the stupid five year probation period as we may have met in either 06 or 07 in the championship as those teams of ours were 10-1 those two years with 3 FBS victories and were as good as our current NC team. Not that we would have won but we may have. Even the GSU fans believe we had a better team than yours in 06 as is noted in their fan forum.

We would have a lot better run if it wasn't for that stupid NCAA rule prohibiting playoffs.

Apphole
I think NDSU will need to win a Super Bowl before you'll deem them worthy of being "in the same breath as App and Montana".

Break 20k fans, win another championship and continue to make the playoffs for ten years straight (which shouldn't even be hard in the MVFC). Then you will we worthy.

GSUhooligan
I'd like to play Eastern Washington in the semi's. By that time, their Governor will have signed initiative 502 into law.

344Johnson
November 9th, 2012, 09:20 AM

What is dumb about what I said? I admittedly had no knowledge of these titles until I looked them up yesterday (I looked them up because I knew NDSU has not won 9 DI titles), and I may have been confused by im pretty sure my information is accurate. DII and lower level 'national titles' are not impressive at this level (just because of the weak competition), NDSU does in fact claims 'college division' titles (this appears to be polls who vote who for who the best DII team is?), and Grambling College did play on that level when NDSU was winning this 'national titles'

I believe, some other Bison fans may be able to correct this, but that Grambling team had something like 15 future professional players on it. College Division was the 2nd highest level of football at the time, just like FCS is now.

College Division was the 2nd highest level of football at the time, 3 titles in the college division. NDSU also has some bowl victories. What was South Carolina's record when your team beat them?

BisonBacker
November 9th, 2012, 09:21 AM
I didn't understand that post either. I thought he was giving props to NDSU. I'll be happy to see any team. Playoffs showcase the best so all teams are worthy opponents.

Bison06
November 9th, 2012, 09:23 AM

It's pretty hard to have a long history at this level when NDSU hasn't been at this level very long. I can't speak for other NDSU fans, but when I say NDSU is comparable to GSU, AppSt, Montana, and Delaware, I am talking in terms of fan base support, fan expectations, commitment by the alumni and school to excellence etc.

I think we can agree winning is a mentality, so when NDSU fans bring up the DII success we are not looking for other people to be impressed. We are just saying that NDSU is a winning program and has been for 40-50 years. It's that tradition and commitment to the program that gives me confidence that NDSU would be successful at any level of college football and we have shown that to be true by rising to the ultimate accomplishment at this level in half a decade. You may not see it as an outsider, but believe me when I say NDSU has too much tradition and too big of a following to ever be a team that doesn't contend. Like any program there will be down years, but they will be the exception rather than the rule. Similar to Montana this year, they are having a really bad year, but nobody expects it to last very long. NDSU is the same way.

asu3peat
November 9th, 2012, 09:24 AM
No particular order:

ODU
NDSU
SHSU

Apphole
November 9th, 2012, 09:25 AM
when I say NDSU is comparable to GSU, AppSt, Montana, and Delaware, I am talking in terms of fan base support, fan expectations, commitment by the alumni and school to excellence etc.

If that's the case, you need to drop Georgia Southern from your list. xcoffeex

kingkat99
November 9th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Ill take a rematch with NDSU in Frisco and I would like to see the Kats play UCA again. Playing UCA in the playoffs would be awesome, we can go to Conway or they can come to Bowers.

UCA without a doubt...followed closely by NDSU and APP St.

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Break 20k fans, win another championship and continue to make the playoffs for ten years straight (which shouldn't even be hard in the MVFC). Then you will we worthy.
xlolx So you're implying that it must be harder to make the playoffs in the SOCON.

If last year was any indication you may want to re-think that. 7 of the 8 MVFC teams NDSU played last year put up better fights than your conference champion did.

asumike83
November 9th, 2012, 09:46 AM
And to think, this all started when I attempted to compliment NDSU.

Vitojr130
November 9th, 2012, 09:47 AM

>Implying that a conference that only has 4 teams in the AGS top 25 and 6 teams in the GPI top 25 is an easy one to win.

But I agree with all the other Bison fans here... NDSU has far more football history than App or GSU. Winning an NC at any level (especially D2 and D3 as they have far more teams than the FCS), while given the same resources as everyone else to pull a team together, is impressive.

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I don't see any reason why we, as NDSU fans, shouldn't be proud of our D2 and College Division titles.

I also don't see any reason why opposing fans should care all that much. If an opposing fan doesn't want to respect the tradition at NDSU because it was earned at a lower level then so be it. I'm not going to lose sleep over it and it's not going to make me any less proud to be a Bison fan.

This is also a FCS discussion board so I wouldn't expect trumpeting championships at another level to hold a lot of weight with most people here.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 9th, 2012, 09:55 AM

Yup, and that reply comment made no sense and has been deemed stupid. The bluster coming from the App State folks is even more stupid though.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 9th, 2012, 09:56 AM
>Implying that a conference that only has 4 teams in the AGS top 25 and 6 teams in the GPI top 25 is an easy one to win.

But I agree with all the other Bison fans here... NDSU has far more football history than App or GSU. Winning an NC at any level (especially D2 and D3 as they have far more teams than the FCS), while given the same resources as everyone else to pull a team together, is impressive.

This. Let me go ask my neighbor the Ohio State fan what he thinks about App State's FCS championships.

asumike83
November 9th, 2012, 10:05 AM
This. Let me go ask my neighbor the Ohio State fan what he thinks about App State's FCS championships.

Agreed, and if I went on a Big 10/SEC/Big 12 board and posted about our FCS titles, I would not expect them to be impressed.

Is winning a national championship impressive? Yes. Should you be proud of those accomplishments? Absolutely.

However, it is still an apples and oranges comparison. What NDSU has done in their short time as a DI program has been incredible but by your example, using those DII titles to say your program is better than Appalachian, GSU, etc. would be like ASU getting an FBS invite, then telling a Florida State fan that our program is better because we have 3 titles to their 2.

Moving up a level does not make what you did before any less impressive. It still adds to the history and tradition of your program but it is not an accurate comparison. Both schools have excellent football programs, great fans and winning culture but they have not been on the same level long enough to really compare them.

kalm
November 9th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Is all that for real or is that a wish list?

It's much further along than a wish list. The plan has been submitted to the BOT and an engineering firm has been retained.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 9th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Agreed, and if I went on a Big 10/SEC/Big 12 board and posted about our FCS titles, I would not expect them to be impressed.

Is winning a national championship impressive? Yes. Should you be proud of those accomplishments? Absolutely.

However, it is still an apples and oranges comparison. What NDSU has done in their short time as a DI program has been incredible but by your example, using those DII titles to say your program is better than Appalachian, GSU, etc. would be like ASU getting an FBS invite, then telling a Florida State fan that our program is better because we have 3 titles to their 2.

Moving up a level does not make what you did before any less impressive. It still adds to the history and tradition of your program but it is not an accurate comparison. Both schools have excellent football programs, great fans and winning culture but they have not been on the same level long enough to really compare them.

I'm pretty sure that nobody said that NDSU is better than any of those programs historically. I would contend that they are better now though.

bisonboone11
November 9th, 2012, 10:20 AM

I agree that it's an apples and oranges comparison. I don't think NDSU having more total national championships makes them a better program than Georgia Southern/App State/Montana. On the other hand, I don't think those teams having more FCS national championships necessarily makes them better programs than NDSU. Yes, their NC's are at a higher level, but it could be argued that those teams didn't have to beat NDSU to win their national championships. Similarly, NDSU didn't have to beat all of those teams to win theirs. Personally, I think NDSU's two 10-1 teams in 2006 and 2007 would've put up a very good fight against App State, but we will never know. If NDSU had been eligible for playoffs during those years, it's possible that NDSU would be sitting with 3 FCS national championships right now, and App State could be at 1. Again, we will never know, so it's stupid to argue about it. Obviously, some App State fans (and probably others) don't feel NDSU is worthy to even be mentioned in the same sentence as them, but personally, I still have a lot of respect for App State, Montana, Georgia Southern, etc. I think they, along with NDSU and several other schools, have proven they have very good programs.

URMite
November 9th, 2012, 10:24 AM

I assume 1956-1972? When they were College Division (vs University Division) with Delaware, Richmond, and sometimes Montana. Then you guys moved up from NAIA (I assume to the SoCon), while NDSU Montana, & Delaware moved down to Division II. Richmond was in the SoCon from 1936-1977, most of that time it was a combination of College/University Division teams. (for example WVU/VA Tech from 1957-1964)

If you really want a full discussion on the history of football divisions, ask the Delaware guys.xlolx

cbarrier90
November 9th, 2012, 10:35 AM
The bluster coming from the App State folks is even more stupid though.

And again, another reminder that two posters do not reflect the views of the entire fanbase...

NoDak 4 Ever
November 9th, 2012, 10:38 AM
And again, another reminder that two posters do not reflect the views of the entire fanbase...

Agreed.

Bison06
November 9th, 2012, 10:45 AM

Break 20k in a 19k stadium. You're a genius xrotatehx

asumike83
November 9th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I agree that it's an apples and oranges comparison. I don't think NDSU having more total national championships makes them a better program than Georgia Southern/App State/Montana. On the other hand, I don't think those teams having more FCS national championships necessarily makes them better programs than NDSU. Yes, their NC's are at a higher level, but it could be argued that those teams didn't have to beat NDSU to win their national championships. Similarly, NDSU didn't have to beat all of those teams to win theirs. Personally, I think NDSU's two 10-1 teams in 2006 and 2007 would've put up a very good fight against App State, but we will never know. If NDSU had been eligible for playoffs during those years, it's possible that NDSU would be sitting with 3 FCS national championships right now, and App State could be at 1. Again, we will never know, so it's stupid to argue about it. Obviously, some App State fans (and probably others) don't feel NDSU is worthy to even be mentioned in the same sentence as them, but personally, I still have a lot of respect for App State, Montana, Georgia Southern, etc. I think they, along with NDSU and several other schools, have proven they have very good programs.

Excellent post.

The only counterpoint I will make is that I don't believe there is a team at this level who could have stopped our 2006 team from going all the way. We lost a competitive game to NC State and then ran off 14 straight once Armanti was named the starter. That team was 13-0 against FCS comeptition, winning by an average of 21.3 points. We won our playoff games by an average of 18.5 points. The 11-point win in the title game was the closest playoff game we had, never played one that was in question.

Eerily similar to the 2011 NDSU team, who won by an average of 18.75 points in the playoffs and won the title game by 11. Neither of those two teams were being denied.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 9th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Break 20k in a 19k stadium. You're a genius xrotatehx

There's a lot more real estate in the middle of nowhere, they can build a big stadium.

Bison06
November 9th, 2012, 10:52 AM
There's a lot more real estate in the middle of nowhere, they can build a big stadium.

So to have the respect of Apphole we need to build a new stadium?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 9th, 2012, 10:54 AM

I like the size of the Fargodome. No need to blow a ton of money on a new stadium to replace one that is 20 years old.

Apphole
November 9th, 2012, 10:54 AM

So you think NDSU is already among the Montana and Apps of the FCS? Or would you just be less crass about it?

My delivery may have been abrasive(like always), but I think you'd be hard pressed to find a non-NDSU fan that would place the Bison on the Montana/App/GaSo level.

344Johnson
November 9th, 2012, 10:57 AM

lol, a testy bunch aren't we today? Never can be happy.

Apphole
November 9th, 2012, 10:57 AM

I already said I respected you. I'm just not willing to relegate you to the top without at least two of the three afore mentioned prerequisites (20k+, more NC's and most importantly, a decade of playoff appearances). Programs wax and wane. Constancy is what sets the greats apart.

NDSU is a fine program.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 9th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I already said I respected you. I'm just not willing to relegate you to the top without at least 2 out of three of the afore mentioned prerequisites (20k+, more NC's and most importantly, a decade of playoff appearances). Programs wax and wane. Constancy is what sets the greats apart.

NDSU is a fine program.

Attendance is a silly comparison, NDSU is not building a bigger stadium so that is a non-starter. NDSU sells out every game and can bring 10k to a road game.

344Johnson
November 9th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I already said I respected you. I'm just not willing to relegate you to the top without at least 2 out of three of the afore mentioned prerequisites (20k+, more NC's and most importantly, a decade of playoff appearances). Programs wax and wane. Constancy is what sets the greats apart.

NDSU is a fine program.

Question regarding attendence. Duke's Cameron Indoor Stadium isn't very big. Yet it is considered an extremely intimidating place to play. Do they not get to be mentioned as a elite basketball school because of the size of the venue?

Apphole
November 9th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Question regarding attendence. Duke's Cameron Indoor Stadium isn't very big. Yet it is considered an extremely intimidating place to play. Do they not get to be mentioned as a elite basketball school because of the size of the venue?

Duke is constantly a top ten basketball program. That's why their fans are crazy and that's why they're venue is intimidating. Consistency is the key.

Everyone knows the Fargo Dome is the loudest venue in FCS football. I wish we had a roof to hold the noise from our 30,000 inside.

james_lawfirm
November 9th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Attendance is a silly comparison, NDSU is not building a bigger stadium so that is a non-starter. NDSU sells out every game and can bring 10k to a road game.

Silly? No, it's a fairly accurate gauge of the success of a program and its support among fans.

Are you saying NDSU cannot generate attendance of more than 20k?

Bison06
November 9th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I already said I respected you. I'm just not willing to relegate you to the top without at least two of the three afore mentioned prerequisites (20k+, more NC's and most importantly, a decade of playoff appearances). Programs wax and wane. Constancy is what sets the greats apart.

NDSU is a fine program.

These standard you have laid out are hilarious. Has App St. ever made the playoffs 10 years in a row? I honestly don't know. I know Montana made it 16 years in a row which is the record. Montana State is considered an elite program by many and yet they only have 1 national championship. Hmmm.

Bison06
November 9th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Silly? No, it's a fairly accurate gauge of the success of a program and its support among fans.

Hey genius, the stadium is enclosed with no possibility for expansion and we sell out every game. What aren't you getting?

bisonboone11
November 9th, 2012, 11:04 AM

I think he's saying it would be a little difficult to generate attendance of more than 20k in a stadium with a capacity of 19k.

Apphole
November 9th, 2012, 11:06 AM
These standard you have laid out are hilarious. Has App St. ever made the playoffs 10 years in a row? I honestly don't know. I know Montana made it 16 years in a row which is the record. Montana State is considered an elite program by many and yet they only have 1 national championship. Hmmm.

We're going on 8 in a row right now I think. Not sure if we have more than that in a row before 2005.

Bison06
November 9th, 2012, 11:08 AM
We're going on 7 in a row right now I think. Not sure if we have more than that in a row before 2005.

Remind me why 10 is necessary for NDSU to be considered elite but not for App St.

bisonboone11
November 9th, 2012, 11:08 AM
We're going on 8 in a row right now I think. Not sure if we have more than that in a row before 2005.
So App State doesn't even meet your own criteria for "being worthy"?

bobcathpdevil56
November 9th, 2012, 11:28 AM

Since we are being brought up. We have 3 one in NAIA, one in Div. II, and one in I-AA/FCS. Only program in the nation with a NC from three different levelsxthumbsupx

But, we have not been really successful for a while

BTW each time i read the list of top programs and see Montana, I quietly imagine a State behind itxnodx

Twentysix
November 9th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Since we are being brought up. We have 3 one in NAIA, one in Div. II, and one in I-AA/FCS. Only program in the nation with a NC from three different levelsxthumbsupx

But, we have not been really successful for a while

BTW each time i read the list of top programs and see Montana, I quietly imagine a State behind itxnodx

Read the sig, your factoid is wrong.

National Champions College Division: '65 '68 '69
National Champions Division II: '83 '85 '86 '88 '90
National Champions Division I: '11

bobcathpdevil56
November 9th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Read the sig, your factoid is wrong.

National Champions College Division: '65 '68 '69
National Champions Division II: '83 '85 '86 '88 '90
National Champions Division I: '11

Well then, Divisions that still exist, does that work for you?

GreatAppSt
November 9th, 2012, 12:00 PM
If we win another NC in the next few years could we then be mentioned in the same breath with the GREAT App St?.......

You rang?

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4918322439456180&pid=15.1

Can I help you?xrotatehx

You are right about one thing Apphole will never be mentioned in the same breath as The GreatAppSt.xnonox He's got a good gig all his own going on.xsalutex

MTfan4life
November 9th, 2012, 12:13 PM

I don't know who said that. Montana State has really grown since they picked up Coach Ash and Mr McGhee, but they are still a couple steps below being an elite program. They've been no slouch in Big Sky conference play the past decade, but a team needs to make an impact beyond the regular season to cement that elite status and they just haven't reached that point yet.

Mattymc727
November 9th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Anyone scared of UNH? Just curious, I like being the underdog anyway

Apphole
November 9th, 2012, 12:18 PM
So App State doesn't even meet your own criteria for "being worthy"?

I mean consistently for a long period of time.

I give up. No one will be able to convince you that you aren't the greatest thing since slice bread despite being D-1 for only 2 years.xrolleyesx

bobcathpdevil56
November 9th, 2012, 12:20 PM

After last years game, always. Although I haven't gotten to see you guys this year, has the formula changed for UNH at all?

Bison06
November 9th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I don't know who said that. Montana State has really grown since they picked up Coach Ash and Mr McGhee, but they are still a couple steps below being an elite program. They've been no slouch in Big Sky conference play the past decade, but a team needs to make an impact beyond the regular season to cement that elite status and they just haven't reached that point yet.

I realize you are not able to bring any sort of objectivity to speaking about your rival, but Montana State IS considered among the best teams in FCS.

sgt smash
November 9th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Any OVC team.

Twentysix
November 9th, 2012, 12:30 PM

Any team that loses to the UofM by 30+ is who I want to play!

cbarrier90
November 9th, 2012, 12:50 PM
So you think NDSU is already among the Montana and Apps of the FCS? Or would you just be less crass about it?

My delivery may have been abrasive(like always), but I think you'd be hard pressed to find a non-NDSU fan that would place the Bison on the Montana/App/GaSo level.

I never said there was anything wrong with your delivery as it is almost expected, I'm just always wary of the opposing fans lumping posters together to reflect the view of one, when that's not always the case. I don't particularly enjoy the constant confrontations when App's name is brought up, but you have your right to an opinion, just as I have a right to disagree with you.

To answer your question: yes, NDSU is on that echelon already, and they're far from a flash-in-the-pan like Villanova which I don't think anyone expected to last (save for the Nova fans.) NDSU routinely sells out the Fargodome, they're loud, passionate, love tailgating and to top it off are a flagship school for their respective state. They're a midwest version of Montana. They have a tradition that they built in Division II which carried seamlessly over into FCS, much like App, GSU and Montana's traditions here would carry over to FBS IMO.

I don't see what's wrong with welcoming another school onto the Mt. Rushmore. As long as they make whatever brand of football App is playing look good, I'm all for it. The FCS needs more programs like the GSUs, Apps and Montanas to help build it as a brand and get respect. Like it or not, NDSU isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Bison06
November 9th, 2012, 01:01 PM

I give up. No one will be able to convince you that you aren't the greatest thing since slice bread despite being D-1 for only 2 years.xrolleyesx

Roll your eyes all you want, you said there were a specific set of criteria that you required NDSU to meet before you would consider them elite. 1 of them we don't have the ability to meet, and another one is something that your favorite team has never accomplished. You can't help but laugh at yourself on that one.

BeardifulBobb
November 9th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Bison vs Seawolves in the Championship. That would be sweet.

bisonboone11
November 9th, 2012, 01:29 PM

If you would take time to actually read the things that I have said rather than creating a broad generalization of the entire NDSU fan base based on a couple people, you would realize that I have never said that NDSU is the greatest. I also said I have a great deal of respect for the Montana/App State/Georgia Southern programs. If you don't believe me, feel free to read through my posts. I hope NDSU can establish the consistency that those programs have shown, but for you to throw out criteria that is required to be worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as App State, of which App State does not even meet those requirements is simply ridiculous.

Vitojr130
November 9th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I never said there was anything wrong with your delivery as it is almost expected, I'm just always wary of the opposing fans lumping posters together to reflect the view of one, when that's not always the case. I don't particularly enjoy the constant confrontations when App's name is brought up, but you have your right to an opinion, just as I have a right to disagree with you.

To answer your question: yes, NDSU is on that echelon already, and they're far from a flash-in-the-pan like Villanova which I don't think anyone expected to last (save for the Nova fans.) NDSU routinely sells out the Fargodome, they're loud, passionate, love tailgating and to top it off are a flagship school for their respective state. They're a midwest version of Montana. They have a tradition that they built in Division II which carried seamlessly over into FCS, much like App, GSU and Montana's traditions here would carry over to FBS IMO.

I don't see what's wrong with welcoming another school onto the Mt. Rushmore. As long as they make whatever brand of football App is playing look good, I'm all for it. The FCS needs more programs like the GSUs, Apps and Montanas to help build it as a brand and get respect. Like it or not, NDSU isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Thank you! No matter the division, NDSU has always scrapped together the resources necessary to place a Grade A team on the field. As long as other FCS teams aren't allowed more scholarships than NDSU, I don't see us moving down from the top of the mountain.. ever.. If our history and tradition have anything to do with how NDSU football thrives, then we are hear to stay.

Apphole
November 9th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Roll your eyes all you want, you said there were a specific set of criteria that you required NDSU to meet before you would consider them elite. 1 of them we don't have the ability to meet, and another one is something that your favorite team has never accomplished. You can't help but laugh at yourself on that one.

I should have phrased the "ten years of not missing to playoffs" bit "ten years of rarely missing the playoffs." That is my one and only oops. Picture me Homer simpser forehead slapping for that one.

"and another one is something that your favorite team has never accomplished." What do you mean by this? The other two were "win more NC's" and "get more fans." I realize this is impossible in your venue, but I think attendance is the biggest indicator of the programs following and strength. The fact that you handicapped yourself with that venue does not change the overall standard for everyone else.

Mattymc727
November 9th, 2012, 02:49 PM
After last years game, always. Although I haven't gotten to see you guys this year, has the formula changed for UNH at all?

Its been a very similar team so far, although the run game is much improved. I dont think we have the defense to win a championship, but we can score on anybody, thats for sure.

DJKyR0
November 9th, 2012, 02:58 PM
make the playoffs for ten years straight (which shouldn't even be hard in the MVFC)

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/129273/2576136-obvious_troll_wedding.jpg

bisonboone11
November 9th, 2012, 03:02 PM
I should have phrased the "ten years of not missing to playoffs" bit "ten years of rarely missing the playoffs." That is my one and only oops. Picture me Homer simpser forehead slapping for that one.

"and another one is something that your favorite team has never accomplished." What do you mean by this? The other two were "win more NC's" and "get more fans." I realize this is impossible in your venue, but I think attendance is the biggest indicator of the programs following and strength. The fact that you handicapped yourself with that venue does not change the overall standard for everyone else.

Seriously? xeyebrowx

grayghost06
November 9th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Appy- not because they would be easy, but because it would be a great game and environment. In order to be the best, you gotta beat the best. I do, however, want the game at Bridgeforth so we'd have to sneak a seed. Can't see us outbidding them. Heck, we couldn't outbid EKU last year!

walliver
November 9th, 2012, 04:25 PM
At this point, I would be happy to play ANYBODY in the playoffs.

Bison06
November 9th, 2012, 04:40 PM

What I meant by that was you laid out a three part plan to consider NDSU elite in the FCS ranks. 1. Over 20k attendance 2. Make the playoffs 10 years in a row and 3. Win more than one national championship.

I said one of those we don't have the ability to do(Over 20k attendance) and another one(Make the playoffs 10 years in a row) your favorite team, which I'm assuming is Appalachian State, has never accomplished.

Actually, I would venture to say there aren't any teams outside of Montana that have made the playoffs 10 years in a row. That is a hell of an accomplishment to not have one down season in 10 years. Maybe GSU did it at some point.

bullitt_60
November 9th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Stop the fighting guys! You both suck equally! :D

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

ElCid
November 9th, 2012, 07:24 PM
At this point, I would be happy to play ANYBODY in the playoffs.

Ain't that the truth. After 20 years, just getting there would be nice. But looks like we might have to wait one more year....

Stonewall D
November 10th, 2012, 09:13 PM
The Griffins 17208

Southern Bison
November 10th, 2012, 09:32 PM

To top it off, I thought that was NDSU with a comma like a lead-in to your 2nd sentence...

Although I do love some good smack talk. I have a standing bet with Councilman Dulin of Charlotte if App and NDSU ever meet.