PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Stadiums

PaladinFan
November 8th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Officially announced today that Furman met its fundraising efforts for the first renovations to Paladin Stadium since the place was built in 1981. http://www.furmanpaladins.com/sports/m-footbl/2012-13/releases/20121108iuzuw0

It appears that the crews are going to demolish the pressbox just a couple of days after Furman demolishes the Citadel. Apropos.

PaladinFan
November 8th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Gonna be quite a stadium facade. http://www2.furman.edu/sites/becausefurmanmatters/AthleticExcellence/Documents/footballplan.pdf

Apphole
November 8th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Bout time.

The Eagle's Cliff
November 8th, 2012, 11:38 AM
I was surprised at the Furman homecoming vs #2 GSU at the empty seats. There were certainly a lot of people on campus that day who stayed outside the stadium.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

Waco Kid
November 8th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Very nice. The floor plan looks familiar :)

Any idea on when upgrades will be made to concessions and bathrooms in the future?

Apphole
November 8th, 2012, 12:05 PM

Any idea on when upgrades will be made to concessions and bathrooms in the future?

Yeah no kidding. It's like KBS junior. Interested to see a rendering of the view from the field.

PaladinFan
November 8th, 2012, 12:24 PM
I was surprised at the Furman homecoming vs #2 GSU at the empty seats. There were certainly a lot of people on campus that day who stayed outside the stadium.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

It is not a novel theory to suggest folks are more apt to come watch a team that is winning than one that isn't.

It is worth mentioning that Paladin Stadium's capacity is about what Paulson Stadium's seating is (though we don't have the squishy "grass seating" numbers). That's a big stadium for a small school. It's not often going to fill up regardless of who is playing. The only time I've seen the park at capacity (or close to it) was in 2004 when #2 GSU played at #3 Furman for homecoming.

PaladinFan
November 8th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Yeah no kidding. It's like KBS junior. Interested to see a rendering of the view from the field.

Kidd Brewer still had portajohns until extremely recently.

citdog
November 8th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Will be GREAT to go through vermin like LEE went through pope at Second Manassas and then blow that place up!

Apphole
November 8th, 2012, 12:44 PM

Oh I know. I threw up in one when I was a freshman in college.

It really looks like a smaller version of our most recent enhancements. That's all I meant. Looks great!

Saint3333
November 8th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Looks nice. Will they also upgrade the visitor side underneath the stands?

PaladinFan
November 8th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Oh I know. I threw up in one when I was a freshman in college.

It really looks like a smaller version of our most recent enhancements. That's all I meant. Looks great!

I imagine it will be a similar version to what a lot of college stadiums are doing these days. I pulled up the architect and they apparently did Elon and Richmond's park as well. I suppose just about every stadium across the country (except maybe the Miami Marlins) has vestiges of this new classicism.

I'm just glad to see Furman putting money back into what was quickly becoming the most dated building on a beautiful campus.

citdog
November 8th, 2012, 02:13 PM
I imagine it will be a similar version to what a lot of college stadiums are doing these days. I pulled up the architect and they apparently did Elon and Richmond's park as well. I suppose just about every stadium across the country (except maybe the Miami Marlins) has vestiges of this new classicism.

I'm just glad to see Furman putting money back into what was quickly becoming the most dated building on a beautiful campus.

perhaps an all baptist snake handling party would be a good fundraiser. after 10% to Jesus of course.

AppMan
November 8th, 2012, 04:36 PM

Copy Cats.

GlassOnion
November 8th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Why is the penis shaped statue in front?

AppMan
November 8th, 2012, 04:42 PM

Its been 4 years since the porta john days. It's a good problem to have when you have more fans than your facilities can accomodate.

OL FU
November 8th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Will be GREAT to go through vermin like LEE went through pope at Second Manassas and then blow that place up!

You had your second Manassas at Boone. Last game as always is your Appomattox:p

citdog
November 8th, 2012, 05:27 PM
You had your second Manassas at Boone. Last game as always is your Appomattox:p

54-51

OL FU
November 9th, 2012, 08:33 AM
54-51

sorry, we aren't giving a poster of the year award at this years get together.