PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Washington fans

ITmonarch10
November 7th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Marijuana is now legal in Washington State and I am wondering is it going to be allowed at your football games now. In addition, if your players have marijuana in their system are they going to face penalties since its now legal in the state.:D

sgt smash
November 7th, 2012, 09:09 PM
JMU's QB has already expressed interest in a transfer.

ASU_Fanatic
November 7th, 2012, 09:10 PM
and Honey Badger transfers to eastern washington

Grizalltheway
November 7th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Well, I'm a Griz fan, but I guess I chose the right year to move here. Now 'scue me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhKq9JvssB8

CHIP72
November 7th, 2012, 10:42 PM
With the red turf in Cheney I would have thought wacky tobacky was already legal there. ;) :D

HailSzczur
November 7th, 2012, 10:46 PM
How much do you guys expect out of state applications to increase this year? Good luck to the admissions staff :D

344Johnson
November 7th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Marijuana is now legal in Washington State and I am wondering is it going to be allowed at your football games now. In addition, if your players have marijuana in their system are they going to face penalties since its now legal in the state.:D

I understand this is probably just a fun joke but any national organization would still be allowed to have restrictions I believe. Such as, drugs such as salvia, when it was legal in certain states, was still illegal for members of the military to use. If I visited Washington(assuming that the Federal government didn't overturn this), got high, came back to North Dakota and was drug tested by the bank I work for, they would be well within their rights to fire my *** I believe.

MTfan4life
November 8th, 2012, 12:08 AM
There was just now some bottom line announcement on espn that said something along the lines of NCAA athletes in Washington and Colorado will still be subject to the same penalties if they ever test positive.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 8th, 2012, 12:20 AM
There was just now some bottom line announcement on espn that said something along the lines of NCAA athletes in Washington and Colorado will still be subject to the same penalties if they ever test positive.

Exactly... just because it may be quasi legal in the state, doesn't mean that the NCAA or the University will allow it.

ITmonarch10
November 8th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Exactly... just because it may be quasi legal in the state, doesn't mean that the NCAA or the University will allow it.
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8604441/mark-emmert-doubts-ncaa-relax-marijuana-standards

Do you think someone is going to walking around to everyone seats to make sure fans aren't smoking any at the game. Also, do you think EWU is going to make it illegal on campus and actually do something about it.

tourguide
November 8th, 2012, 04:07 AM
I went to the quaterfinal game of ndsu vs ewu and the thread title makes me laugh. After that experience I'm not sure they have many fans. But maybe they were all high and forgot there was a game

UNIFanSince1983
November 8th, 2012, 06:26 AM
I know the Colorado law makes it illegal to smoke in public. I never heard specifics on the Washington law. Also it is still a federal crime so at anytime you can still be arrested for having marijuana in either state.

JMUNJ08
November 8th, 2012, 08:22 AM
I know the Colorado law makes it illegal to smoke in public. I never heard specifics on the Washington law. Also it is still a federal crime so at anytime you can still be arrested for having marijuana in either state.

Correct, the law will be challenged at the federal level first by the FDA and others so hide your eighth until given the all clear sign...

kalm
November 8th, 2012, 08:55 AM
I don't know, but I'm predicting that our revenue from concessions might go up. Cheezit and Chocolate Milk combo meal anyone?

UNDBIZ
November 8th, 2012, 09:19 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8604441/mark-emmert-doubts-ncaa-relax-marijuana-standards

Do you think someone is going to walking around to everyone seats to make sure fans aren't smoking any at the game. Also, do you think EWU is going to make it illegal on campus and actually do something about it.

I guess I'm not sure about EWU but I believe most campuses in the country have gone tobacco free and I really can't imagine smoking being allowed at the game..... the smell and complaints would make it pretty easy to stop.

bullitt_60
November 8th, 2012, 09:46 AM
I guess I'm not sure about EWU but I believe most campuses in the country have gone tobacco free and I really can't imagine smoking being allowed at the game..... the smell and complaints would make it pretty easy to stop.

Fortunately, brownies don't offend anyone...

eaglesrback
November 8th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Fortunately, brownies don't offend anyone...

Nothing better on a Sat in the Boro, tailgating with Vandys Que/stew, and Brownies!

walliver
November 8th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Maijuana is still a Schedule I drug, and illegal everywhere in the US. So far, the department of justice has chosen not to enforce the law, but it's still the law.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Schedule_I_drugs_(US)

As for players, there are a lot of legal drugs which players are banned for using, this wouldn't be any different.

Mattymc727
November 8th, 2012, 10:04 AM
I don't know, but I'm predicting that our revenue from concessions might go up. Cheezit and Chocolate Milk combo meal anyone?

You go with the cheese-it and chocolate milk combo too? I thought I was the only one!

Screamin_Eagle174
November 8th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I went to the quaterfinal game of ndsu vs ewu and the thread title makes me laugh. After that experience I'm not sure they have many fans. But maybe they were all high and forgot there was a game

No, they just thought we were playing a D-II team so why bother?

You went to the lowest attended game at EWU in quite a while. Avg attendance in 2010 was still poor at 6500, but considerably better than the NDSU game. We've been at 9000+ since (8600 capacity).

Grizo406
November 8th, 2012, 03:45 PM

My money would go to those that ran the "Nehi Grape Soda-Moon Pie" concession stand.xcoffeex

Grizalltheway
November 8th, 2012, 05:28 PM

Well, weed has been the lowest enforcement priority for cops in the state for ten years, so if you aren't dealing or distributing you don't have a lot to worry about as is. And I doubt that DEA agents are going to start patrolling the streets patting people down.

Gil Dobie
November 8th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Great recruiting tool :)

Could meet Northern Colorado in the Ganga Bowl