PDA

View Full Version : Nov. 6 Playoff Projections - College Sporting News

CSN-info
November 6th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Nov. 6 Playoff Projections - College Sporting News

by Kent Schmidt
CSN West Columnist
College Sporting News

With two weeks left, we are really starting to see what teams we will be watching in postseason play. In fact, Central Arkansas clinched the Southland autobid this past week so we have one team for sure in the playoffs. After this weekend, it will be even more clear but we still have a lot of teams on the fringe so wins are needed.

Here is this week's projections based on the Gridiron Power Index (GPI). Teams in the playoff field by this week's projections are in bold.

Read More... (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/entry.php?238-Nov.-6-Playoff-Projections)

Herder
November 6th, 2012, 09:18 PM
A voice of reason based on the gpi. You mean the entire CAA isnt in theplayoffs?

Nickels
November 7th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Sign me up for this bracket. :D #2 seed for Kats would be great but I seriously doubt that will happen.

danefan
November 7th, 2012, 06:14 AM
A voice of reason based on the gpi. You mean the entire CAA isnt in theplayoffs?

This ignoreS who is actually in line to win auto bids, so it's basically worthless.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 7th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Missouri Valley should get 4 if In State wins at YSU. NDSU,SDSU and Ill State are all in.

Engineer86
November 7th, 2012, 06:57 AM
If you are going to throw out the general rules followed by the committee, why not put S. I'll or even UNI in over James Madison. This is just a listing of the GPI nothing more. Ad the stuff in the can at the end of my driveway is poor garbage nothing more. I think I have those two straight.

Skyhawk71
November 7th, 2012, 06:57 AM
I find the UTM home- 1st round amusing- 8,000 seat stadium- avearage around 5,500, and only when we host TSU or Murray- because actually come close to 8,000 people showing up for those- we must have a plan that the usual 4,500 are going to pay $50 for tickets, and the students who don't come when they get charged a fee for their tickets are actually going to purchase tickets for a playoff game- LOL!!!!! If the Hawks do actually win out and make the playoffs- if a team actually has to come to Martin- you have serious AD/AD Financial Issues...........just a thought

Wallace
November 7th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Has a team not won their conference AQ but got a seed over the team that did? Are team's listed here as the top rated league team when the league has a low rating (ie. PL, MEAC, etc.)? Only one team has won a league AQ so being in line to win is a worthless conjecture until it is won. Just like the writer said, this is obviously a listing of the current GPI and looking at possible matchups. Funny how nasty some get about it. xlolx

WrenFGun
November 7th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Again, if you just wanted to list the GPI, please don't provide two links. I already read the article on the GPI yesterday.

RabidRabbit
November 7th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Yes. A very disappointing effort here. Doesn't reflect the NEC likely AQ. Strictly a GPI projection with virtually no thought to remaining games and potential shifts.

busybee14
November 7th, 2012, 09:36 AM
This ignoreS who is actually in line to win auto bids, so it's basically worthless.

It ignores Wagner and assumes you all still make it Danefan.Not out of the discussion,but would be betting on aSeahawk collapse.Our D is thumping right now ,so tough road for sure.

danefan
November 7th, 2012, 09:39 AM
It ignores Wagner and assumes you all still make it Danefan.Not out of the discussion,but would be betting on aSeahawk collapse.Our D is thumping right now ,so tough road for sure.

I'm not holding out too much hope. The Wagner team we played last week was the best team Albany played all year. If they keep it together and play like that I wouldn't want to face them in the first round.

I'm not convinced that Albany can even beat Duquesne anymore.

Wallace
November 7th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Nov. 6 Playoff Projections - College Sporting News

by Kent Schmidt
CSN West Columnist
College Sporting News

With two weeks left, we are really starting to see what teams we will be watching in postseason play. In fact, Central Arkansas clinched the Southland autobid this past week so we have one team for sure in the playoffs. After this weekend, it will be even more clear but we still have a lot of teams on the fringe so wins are needed.

Here is this week's projections based on the Gridiron Power Index (GPI). Teams in the playoff field by this week's projections are in bold.

Read More... (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/entry.php?238-Nov.-6-Playoff-Projections)

Understandable with only one AQ won so far. When the AQ is won then it won't be the top rated team of a league listed. Interesting to see where teams are realistically shaping right now outside some of the opinion polls.

james_lawfirm
November 9th, 2012, 11:12 AM
It seems to me that someone at GPI did not realize that App beat GaSo last week. I guess GaSo could still be #5 & App #10 after considering that game, but unless App loses to Furman on Sat. (an unlikely but possible event) then App is the SoCon AQ AND the SoCon co-champ., barring a lot of unforeseen circumstances.

I don't see why App should have to play in the first round.

asumike83
November 9th, 2012, 11:18 AM
It seems to me that someone at GPI did not realize that App beat GaSo last week. I guess GaSo could still be #5 & App #10 after considering that game, but unless App loses to Furman on Sat. (an unlikely but possible event) then App is the SoCon AQ AND the SoCon co-champ., barring a lot of unforeseen circumstances.

I don't see why App should have to play in the first round.

If the opponent was Bethune-Cookman then I could live with it, especially since we have our bye November 17. However, if we can beat Furman and get the autobid, there is no way we play in the first round.