PDA

View Full Version : Zenner vs. NDSU Defense

Bison06
November 5th, 2012, 03:25 PM
What is your prediction for how many yards Zenner has rushing this weekend?

He is averaging 166 yds/game, but the NDSU defense is only giving up 63.7/game.

Something has got to give, which will it be, Zenner or the NDSU defense?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 5th, 2012, 03:30 PM
What is your prediction for how many yards Zenner has rushing this weekend?

He is averaging 166 yds/game, but the NDSU defense is only giving up 63.7/game.

Something has got to give, which will it be, Zenner or the NDSU defense?

I'd say close to Shakir Bell, around 100.

Professor Chaos
November 5th, 2012, 03:36 PM
It depends on the flow of the game. I think he needs to have 150 for SDSU to win. If NDSU gets an early lead or if the Jacks get behind schedule on 1st down and get one dimensional he could have a repeat of last week.

My prediction is that he gets 18-22 carries for 80-90 yards but the bulk of his yardage comes on a couple big runs and he's bottled up the rest of the game.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 5th, 2012, 03:38 PM
It depends on the flow of the game. I think he needs to have 150 for SDSU to win. If NDSU gets an early lead or if the Jacks get behind schedule on 1st down and get one dimensional he could have a repeat of last week.

My prediction is that he gets 18-22 carries for 80-90 yards but the bulk of his yardage comes on a couple big runs and he's bottled up the rest of the game.

Your analysis is pretty good but I doubt he'll break a big one. His average is inflated by the big games against WIU and ISUb. He had 49 last week.

BisonBacker
November 5th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Oh if we only had Heagle for this game!!!!!!

Bison06
November 5th, 2012, 03:43 PM
I agree with all of the assessments so far, he is the type of running back that NDSU typically doesn't have trouble with, but he is a special player so we'll see how it works out. We need to get to him early because once he gets a head of steam he isn't that easy to bring down. Get to him in the back field and he won't have more than 50-60 yards IMO. Will be a fun matchup to watch.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 5th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I'll preface things by saying that this Bison defensive unit will be - by far - the best D that SDSU has faced thus far this year. To complicate matters, we just lost a starting OL, Josh Kage, to a season-ending knee injury. Fortunately, we have a starting OL Alex Parker from last year's team (he had been slowly working back into the rotation from injury) to fill his shoes, so the drop-off in talent shouldn't be too drastic.

I think NDSU keeps Zenner contained for the majority of the day, but I do have a feeling that he will break one big run for 40 yards or so. If our pass game can muster up any type of success, I feel that'll help loosen things for Zenner. I'm just afraid that we'll have difficulty moving the ball through the air, allowing NDSU to stack the box and make things tough on Zach. Also, if we are playing from behind, that will limit his carries significantly, so we'll need to stay close or jump out to an early lead in order for him to have a chance of going over 100 yards.

I'll guess he has ends with 92 yards on 23 carries, including a long of 42.

UNIFanSince1983
November 5th, 2012, 05:37 PM
I do not think he gets 100. He hasn't got over 100 the last 2 weeks. I just don't see him having the success against a very stout NDSU defense that he had early in the season. I would guess somewhere in the range of 60-80 yards.

Obviously, if he struggles the SDSU defense will have to force TOs and Sumner will have to play like he has been the last couple of weeks.

Houndawg
November 5th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Your analysis is pretty good but I doubt he'll break a big one. His average is inflated by the big games against WIU and ISUb. He had 49 last week.

I was a whole lot more impressed by the QB; ZZ must have been injured.

wow
November 5th, 2012, 06:02 PM

Actually WIU was his lowest rushing total of the year up to that point, not sure how that inflates his average. I'm not saying he will break a big one, but he didn't become the leading rusher in the nation by having two great games.

Against Kansas he had carries of 99 and 17 yards (183 total).
Against SELU he had carries of 42, 35, 28, and 38 (278 total).
Against UC Davis he had carries of 31, 61, 23 (197 total).
Against ISU-b he had carries of 15, 57, and 87 (237 total).
Against MSU, he had a carry of 88 (182 total).
Against WIU, he had carries of 46, and 60 (171 total).
Against UNI he had a long of 19 (112 total).
Against YSU he had 18 and 15 in a game that was over at half (87 total).
Against SIU, he had a long of 19 yards (49 total).

Zenner has had an 18+ yard run in every game this year.
He has had a 30+ yard run in 6/9 games this year.
He has had a 50+ yard run in 4/9 games this year.

NDSU could very well hold him in check, especially if they can get an early lead and make SDSU throw. But I wouldn't bet on it.

If Zenner has 150+ yards, SDSU wins this game by double digits (just joking :)).

NDB
November 5th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Obviously, if he struggles the SDSU defense will have to force TOs and Sumner will have to play like he has been the last couple of weeks.

Good luck with that!

Nobody's forced a turnover on NDSU's offense this year!

We either give 'em away or not.

Houndawg
November 5th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Good luck with that!

or the refs screw you.

UNIFanSince1983
November 5th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Good luck with that!

Yeah maybe I should have restated that. I should just say they should just put themselves in good position for when Jensen eventually throws the ball directly to one or three of them ;)

SDSUAlum08
November 5th, 2012, 07:26 PM
SDSU doesn't have a true backup RB that they use regularly. He's getting worn down.

frozennorth
November 5th, 2012, 07:38 PM
or the refs screw you.

we get it, you're an idiot.

Thundar
November 5th, 2012, 07:41 PM
SDSU doesn't have a true backup RB that they use regularly. He's getting worn down.

That's what separates champions from the rest, depth....teams need it in the playoffs to survive hopefully we have it but I'm wondering right now

Jacked_Rabbit
November 5th, 2012, 08:16 PM

Not sure which SDSU team SDSUAlum has been watching this year, but we certainly have a backup RB - a pretty good one, actually...

Reggie Gandy (RS Fr.) is our backup RB, and he'll spell Zenner occasionally on Saturday. He has 50 carries on the season (1/4 as many as Zenner) for 169 yards (3.2 ave). Not as much of a N/S or power runner as Zenner, but he hits the hole going 100 mph. and has the ability to cut on a dime. I've also seen him chop down blitzing LB's in pass protection with ease, which is pretty impressive for a first year RB.

Reggie was probably one of our higher touted recruits from a couple years back. Here is his bio from DeLaSalle HS in the Twin Cities:

BEFORE SDSU
Ran his way to the second-highest rushing total in Minnesota high school history
under the direction of coach Sean McMenomy ... racked up 3,113 yards as a senior
at DeLaSalle High School in Minneapolis en route to first-team all-state
recognition ... selected as player of the year by both the St. Paul Pioneer
Press and Associated Press, as well as a Mr. Football finalist ... averaged
11.4 yards per carry and scored 42 touchdowns in 2010 ... four-time
all-conference performer and two-time all-Metro selection ... career totals
including 5,707 yards rushing, 1,332 yards receiving and 89 touchdowns ...

Gil Dobie
November 5th, 2012, 08:24 PM
110 yards

89rabbit
November 5th, 2012, 08:52 PM
I do not think he gets 100. He hasn't got over 100 the last 2 weeks. I just don't see him having the success against a very stout NDSU defense that he had early in the season. I would guess somewhere in the range of 60-80 yards.

Yea the last two weeks teams sold out to stop the run, but then the pass game opens up (as you note)

19-28, 351 yards and 5 TD

and

26-45, 284 and 1 TD

run or pass pick your poison

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2012, 08:52 PM
or the refs screw you.

You sure like to preach this....

Jacked_Rabbit
November 5th, 2012, 08:54 PM
You sure like to preach this....

Can't say I blame Houndawg for calling these Bison homers out when they deserved to be. NDB's post about how nobody has forced a TO on their offense all year is probably the dumbest post I've read on here since Lakes & MplsBison were banned last week.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 5th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Good luck with that!

Wow, what a great school of thought! I guess nobody could force Thomas O'Brien & the Jacks O to turn the ball over last year either, in that case... xsmhx

Jacked_Rabbit
November 5th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Yea the last two weeks teams sold out to stop the run, but then the pass game opens up (as you note)

19-28, 351 yards and 5 TD

and

26-45, 284 and 1 TD

run or pass pick your poison

We weren't much of a passing juggernaut last week at SIU. Subtract the final drive of the game (110 yards and the 1 TD ) and we couldn't run or pass last Saturday.

We are going to have play some stoud D and force a couple TO's to win this one... That said, I'm sticking with my prediction of a 13-10 Jackrabbit victory.

Thundar
November 5th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Can't say I blame Houndawg for calling these Bison homers out when they deserved to be. NDB's post about how nobody has forced a TO on their offense all year is probably the dumbest post I've read on here since Lakes & MplsBison were banned last week.

Wow, what a great school of thought! I guess nobody could force Thomas O'Brien & the Jacks O to turn the ball over last year either, in that case... xsmhx

Wow dude relax, pretty sure those were in jest........geez

Jacked_Rabbit
November 5th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Wow dude relax, pretty sure those were in jest........geez

Sorry... It's a Monday. xflamemadx I'll progressively become more friendly as it gets closer to game day! xbeerchugx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Sorry... It's a Monday. xflamemadx I'll progressively become more friendly as it gets closer to game day! xbeerchugx

Do you have a tic for this game?

These are going to be hard to find....

Jacked_Rabbit
November 5th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Do you have a tic for this game?

These are going to be hard to find....

Yeah, I've got a buddy that goes to grad school at NDSU and he got us a few extras. That's four seats normally occupied by Bison fans that will be filled with liquored up Blue/Yellow supporters... Haven't missed a game in Fargo since my playing days - looking forward to it!

BISON Thunder
November 5th, 2012, 10:19 PM
or the refs screw you.

Any other obsessions?

Thundar
November 5th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Yeah, I've got a buddy that goes to grad school at NDSU and he got us a few extras. That's four seats normally occupied by Bison fans that will be filled with liquored up Blue/Yellow supporters... Haven't missed a game in Fargo since my playing days - looking forward to it!

It will be a good one

Sam_Kats
November 5th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Did a little homework & watched some film of SDSU's 31-17 win over SELA...I think that was the score (sorry, it's the ex-coach in me). By the way, a team we beat 70-0, Bison fans. Kidding......maybe. Anywho, after watching the tape, Zenner is the REAL DEAL. Very quick back who EXPLODES through holes like no other & gets that extra 3-4 yards after contact. And SDSU has some weight behind their OL (something about the Dakotas). But I think therein lies the problem for the Rabbits this weekend...NDSU's front 7 is one of the best I've seen in FCS. They play some of the BEST gap control defense there is and made SEVERAL one-on-one tackles that saved long gains or TD's last year in Nat'l Title game. If they can shut down Flanders, Sincere & Bell, they shut down ANYONE on this level.

Ok, ok - long story short...I'll say Zenner gets some cleanup yards and finishes with 95 and a Touch. Bison win 45-13

deez_na
November 6th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Did a little homework & watched some film of SDSU's 31-17 win over SELA...I think that was the score (sorry, it's the ex-coach in me). By the way, a team we beat 70-0, Bison fans. Kidding......maybe. Anywho, after watching the tape, Zenner is the REAL DEAL. Very quick back who EXPLODES through holes like no other & gets that extra 3-4 yards after contact. And SDSU has some weight behind their OL (something about the Dakotas). But I think therein lies the problem for the Rabbits this weekend...NDSU's front 7 is one of the best I've seen in FCS. They play some of the BEST gap control defense there is and made SEVERAL one-on-one tackles that saved long gains or TD's last year in Nat'l Title game. If they can shut down Flanders, Sincere & Bell, they shut down ANYONE on this level.

Ok, ok - long story short...I'll say Zenner gets some cleanup yards and finishes with 95 and a Touch. Bison win 45-13

I sure do like your prediction :D

Professor Chaos
November 6th, 2012, 09:44 AM

I'll be shocked if the score is that lopsided. I think SDSU will be coming in extremely motivated because they were flat out embarrassed at home against the Bison last year. Additionally, Bison QB Brock Jensen is playing the shakiest he's played since his freshman year and SDSU has a very good defense that will put pressure on him. If Jensen (and the offense as a whole) eliminates turnovers there's a small chance that the score gets to be that lopsided but I think it's more likely that, without any Bison TOs, the score is more in the 24-13 range. If SDSU turns the Bison over a couple times it's anyone's game.

LeeshaJo
November 6th, 2012, 09:45 AM
If SDSU turns the Bison over a couple times it's anyone's game.

Wouldn't this statement be true in any game? if your O is turning over the ball it is hard to win.

Professor Chaos
November 6th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Wouldn't this statement be true in any game? if your O is turning over the ball it is hard to win.
Wouldn't have mattered against USD, Robert Morris, or Prairie View A&M. Didn't matter against MSU or SIU. SDSU is better than all those teams.

LeeshaJo
November 6th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Wouldn't have mattered against USD, Robert Morris, or Prairie View A&M. Didn't matter against MSU or SIU. SDSU is better than all those teams.

True. Either way I think Saturday is going to be a battle. Wish I could get up there to see it, but will settle for TV.

moosbah
November 6th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I think he will rush for one yard......about 100 times. xlolx

steelbison
November 6th, 2012, 10:06 AM
We weren't much of a passing juggernaut last week at SIU. Subtract the final drive of the game (110 yards and the 1 TD ) and we couldn't run or pass last Saturday.

We are going to have play some stoud D and force a couple TO's to win this one... That said, I'm sticking with my prediction of a 13-10 Jackrabbit victory.

thats going to be your issue. Our defense is significantly better than the one you faced last week. Plus the crowd is going to be as loud as anything your team has ever witnessed.

We have held EVERY opponent to their season low in total yardage. Think about that... Very simple game, our offense doesn't allow pick sixs and fumbles returns for TD's we win going away.

We give the other team points it will be close.

I HOPE we are done with the that and Brock comes out on a mission!!!

My guess is 30-10 Bison...If the SDSU defense scores it's anyones game.

LeeshaJo
November 6th, 2012, 10:14 AM
thats going to be your issue. Our defense is significantly better than the one you faced last week. Plus the crowd is going to be as loud as anything your team has ever witnessed.

We have held EVERY opponent to their season low in total yardage. Think about that... Very simple game, our offense doesn't allow pick sixs and fumbles returns for TD's we win going away.

To assume that SDSU hasn't faced good defenses this year is really diminishing your own schedule. We have how many common opponents? Lets see you beat UNI but lost to Ind State, We beat Ind. State and Lost to UNI, beyond that the results have been the same... victories for both teams.

I get the confidence that the Bison have, I really do, I have watched a few of your games this year and you are really good. But to assume that the Jacks are going to be overwhelmed is really a stance I hope your team is taking because if they are looking past SDSU's Defense and the ability of our offense if it is kicking on all cylinders, the Jacks are going to run away with this game.

This is going to be a battle. I seriously think it is going to be a Defensive battle with which ever team can get the last field goal winning. I don't see a lot of scoring or touchdowns for that matter. It wouldn't surprise me, barring a pick six on either side, for this game to only have Field goals.

I still say the Jacks are going to find a way to win this. That said, i wouldn't be surprised if they don't. (how is that for double talk ;) )

steelbison
November 6th, 2012, 10:23 AM
To assume that SDSU hasn't faced good defenses this year is really diminishing your own schedule. We have how many common opponents? Lets see you beat UNI but lost to Ind State, We beat Ind. State and Lost to UNI, beyond that the results have been the same... victories for both teams.

I get the confidence that the Bison have, I really do, I have watched a few of your games this year and you are really good. But to assume that the Jacks are going to be overwhelmed is really a stance I hope your team is taking because if they are looking past SDSU's Defense and the ability of our offense if it is kicking on all cylinders, the Jacks are going to run away with this game.

This is going to be a battle. I seriously think it is going to be a Defensive battle with which ever team can get the last field goal winning. I don't see a lot of scoring or touchdowns for that matter. It wouldn't surprise me, barring a pick six on either side, for this game to only have Field goals.

I still say the Jacks are going to find a way to win this. That said, i wouldn't be surprised if they don't. (how is that for double talk ;) )

Funniest thing I've read in years.....seriously...that is some funny **** right there...the high and mighty JackRabbit offense...lol Lay off the hooch...please...

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2012, 10:27 AM

This.

Avg Offense Against NDSU

UNI 377.78 285
YSU 386.33 211
ISUb 310.5 197
USD 276.78 59
SIU 294.8 166
MSU 327.9 149

The formatting came out ****ty but in the MVFC schedule, opponents who are averaging 329 ypg get about 177 against NDSU

Jacked_Rabbit
November 6th, 2012, 10:29 AM

I don't think Steelbison is downplaying the defenses that we've faced thus far, he is simply stating a fact. This will be -by far- the best defense we have faced this year. There is no doubt about that. Indiana State had a solid D, as did SIU, but niether are comparable to this NDSU defense...

Yards are going to be at a premium for our O. We're going to have to protect Sumner in the pass game in order to have a snowball's chance. And our fat guys are simply going to have to win one-on-one battles (which nobody else has done against the Bison) in order for Zenner to make an impact.

Regardless of what we do offensively, I'm still sticking to the point that we are going to have to force a couple a couple INT's to win this game. If we are +2 in TO margin, I love our chances. If it is anything less than that, we are probably in trouble.

And I do agree regarding Field Goals. I wouldn't be surprised if there were 6+ FG's attempted in this game between the two teams.

LeeshaJo
November 6th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Funniest thing I've read in years.....seriously...that is some funny **** right there...the high and mighty JackRabbit offense...lol Lay off the hooch...please...

Honestly, I would take the Jacks offense over yours. Sumner, Zenner, Kool, etc... ceiling is much higher. Bison live and Die by their D. What happens if they have an off day, or even an average day and Jensen has an average day giving up at least one pick 6?

Twentysix
November 6th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Honestly, I would take the Jacks offense over yours. Sumner, Zenner, Kool, etc... ceiling is much higher. Bison live and Die by their D. What happens if they have an off day, or even an average day and Jensen has an average day giving up at least one pick 6?

Jensen 2010 9 games played 2 interceptions.
Jensen 2011 15 games played 4 interceptions.
Jensen 2012 9 games played 6 interceptions.

I don't think you know what average means. Brock averages 0.36 INT's per game. You even took it a step further and called for pick 6's. Ill let you do the math on that one.

LeeshaJo
November 6th, 2012, 10:36 AM

I don't think you know what average means.

how many of those six in the last four games?

really wasn't trying to talk smack here, btw (I am terrible at it)... just think maybe Bison fans are undervaluing SDSU a bit and maybe overvaluing their own team... which is why I am glad the guys play the game not me. either way I hope it is a great game.

moosbah
November 6th, 2012, 10:42 AM
how many of those six in the last four games?

really wasn't trying to talk smack here, btw (I am terrible at it)... just think maybe Bison fans are undervaluing SDSU a bit and maybe overvaluing their own team... which is why I am glad the guys play the game not me. either way I hope it is a great game.

From what I can tell, I think there is plenty of reverence for your squad coming into this game from our side. The last thing the Jacks will be is underestimated.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 6th, 2012, 10:48 AM

I do agree with this. I think SDSU has the better overall offense between the two, but I don't believe it is significantly better than NDSU's. For example, I'd give us a 7/10 and them a 6.5/10. Although our D is solid, NDSU's is significantly better than ours. I'd rate NDSU a 10/10 and ours a 7.5/10.

It come down to how our 7-star O stacks up versus their 10-star D. And how their 6.5-star O stacks up against our 7.5-star D. On paper, and in real life, we have the bigger hurdle to overcome. I hope this reasoning makes sense - seems to in my mind, but not sure how it translates on a message board.

LeeshaJo
November 6th, 2012, 10:51 AM
I do agree with this. I think SDSU has the better overall offense between the two, but I don't believe it is significantly better than NDSU's. For example, I'd give us a 7/10 and them a 6.5/10. Although our D is solid, NDSU's is significantly better than ours. I'd rate NDSU a 10/10 and ours a 7.5/10.

It come down to how our 7-star O stacks up versus their 10-star D. And how their 6.5-star O stacks up against our 7.5-star D. On paper, and in real life, we have the bigger hurdle to overcome. I hope this reasoning makes sense - seems to in my mind, but not sure how it translates on a message board.

I get it and I agree, for the most part, I just REALLY, REALLY want this win. ;) lol I will say right or wrong, I don't feel as sick going into this game as I did the week before UNI.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2012, 10:56 AM

That is a pretty good way of looking at it.

Home field is another one. the Fargodome is an ugly place to play a game on the road. NDSU has lost 2 games at home in the last 25 months.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 6th, 2012, 10:58 AM
That is a pretty good way of looking at it.

Home field is another one. the Fargodome is an ugly place to play a game on the road. NDSU has lost 2 games at home in the last 25 months.

Sure... This doesn't even take into account the home field advantage.

If we played a best of 5 series with all game being played in Fargo, I'm not saying we would win more than 1 or 2 of those games, but this could be that 1 in 5 - ya never know. Any Given Saturday...

steelbison
November 6th, 2012, 11:09 AM

Ok...just some facts for you to think about. Conference games only

NDSU #1 Scoring offense 32.2 pt/gm
SDSU #6 22.5/pt/gm

Total Offense (basically a push)

NDSU #3 359.8/game
SDSU #5 353.7/game

Rushing Offense
NDSU #2 163.2/game
SDSU #3 159.3/game

Pass Offense
NDSU #4 196.7/game
SDSU #5 194.3/game

Pass Efficiency
NDSU #3 129.3
SDSU #5 120.3

Sacks against
NDSU #4 12
SDSU # 10 20

First downs
NDSU #1 20.7 per game
SDSU #7 17.7/game

3rd down conversions(something we are very good at)
NDSU #1 54.7 percent
SDSU #4 39.1 percent

Time of Possession
NDSU #1 36.35/game
SDSU #4 30.18

Turnover margin
NDSU #3 +5
SDSU #5 0

Red zone offense
NDSU #2
SDSU #10

So basically pretty equal offense. We possess the ball and convert on 3rd down better than just about anyone in the country. Not sure how your ceiling is higher???

Let's look at the defensive side of the ball

Scoring Defense
NDSU #1 13.2/game
SDSU #3 15.7/game

Total Defense
NDSU #1 182.5/game
SDSU #5 318.3/game

Rushing Defense
NDSU #1 68.2/game
SDSU #3 125.0/game

Pass Defense
NDSU #1 114.2/game
SDSU #6 193.3/game

Opponents 1st downs
NDSU #1 10.8/game
SDSU #5 17.8/game

Oppenent 3rd down conv
NDSU #1 23.1 percent
SDSU #5 35.3 percent

Now granted, the games aren't won and lost on stats. But this should give you some idea of what your up against. We don't shoot ourselves in the foot and I'm just being honest you have zero change in this game..Not smack..just the facts..

mmiller_34
November 6th, 2012, 11:14 AM
We haven't seen yet how the Jackrabbit offense looks when Zenner goes off AND Sumner & Receivers play well--that combo is dangerous.

steelbison
November 6th, 2012, 11:16 AM

I don't think you know what average means. Brock averages 0.36 INT's per game. You even took it a step further and called for pick 6's. Ill let you do the math on that one.

What about your QB's 13 ints' Everyone is talking about Jensen...he has thrown less than half of what your QB has..lets not forget that fact....

steelbison
November 6th, 2012, 11:17 AM
We haven't seen yet how the Jackrabbit offense looks when Zenner goes off AND Sumner & Receivers play well--that combo is dangerous.

And your confident it's going to happen against our D........good luck with that...

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2012, 11:18 AM

And there is, of course, every reason to believe that will happen on the road against the #1 scoring and yardage defense in the country.

Professor Chaos
November 6th, 2012, 11:23 AM
NDSU is #1 in the conference in scoring offense at 32.2 ppg (conference games only (http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/team_conf.pdf)). SDSU is #6 at 22.5. That's either a flashlight in your pocket of your homer is showing.

mmiller_34
November 6th, 2012, 11:24 AM
And your confident it's going to happen against our D........good luck with that...

Interesting how you took my comment and turned it into me being arrogant or confident. I'm just saying it hasn't happened yet. I didn't say it was going to happen this weekend.

Alot of posters have been focusing on either Zenner or Sumner, not both. All I'm saying is what happens when they both play well? We don't know, because we haven't seen it yet. Its something to think about.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 6th, 2012, 11:24 AM

Maybe I mised something, but I don't think Miller said anything about being confident it would happen this weekend... He is right though. If/when both Zenner and Sumner go off in the same game, it will be really fun to watch. I'd love for that to happen this weekend, but since it is unlikely on the road vs. the #1 D in the nation, I hope it happens at home the following week against USD! haha I'd love nothing more than a 70-0 SHSU type of win over our little red-headed step-sister.

mmiller_34
November 6th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Maybe I mised something, but I don't think Miller said anything about being confident it would happen this weekend... He is right though. If/when both Zenner and Sumner go off in the same game, it will be really fun to watch. I'd love for that to happen this weekend, but since it is unlikely on the road vs. the #1 D in the nation, I hope it happens at home the following week against USD! haha I'd love nothing more than a 70-0 SHSU type of win over our little red-headed step-sister.

Exactly my point. Thank you.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 6th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Check this quote out from Missouri State head coach Terry Allen, credit to Terry Vandrovec's Twitter page:

Terry Vandrovec‏@TerryVandrovec Missouri State coach Terry Allen has faced Oregon, Arkansas, K-State and Louisville in the last 2 years. He said NDSU is better defensively.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 6th, 2012, 11:42 AM
NDSU is #1 in the conference in scoring offense at 32.2 ppg (conference games only (http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/team_conf.pdf)). SDSU is #6 at 22.5. That's either a flashlight in your pocket of your homer is showing.

It's not a Pringles can in my pocket, I'll tell ya that much... I like you for some reason, Prof, so let me break this down for you. If you imported SDSU's offense into NDSU's team in place of your own & paired them with your D, you'd be averaging 40+ points per game. Your O-line is probably just as good as ours, but I think you'd love our QB, RB, TE's, & WR's once you got over the fact that they are currently Jackrabbits.

LeeshaJo
November 6th, 2012, 11:51 AM

Nothing was said to the effect that the Bison haven't had better numbers this year, I said I PERSONALLY believe that the ceiling is higher with the Jacks offense than the Bison. As for the pick six you are right.. nothing says he will... but yes he has, so has Sumner... The difference in MY mind, is I think Sumner is the better QB who after struggling to get back to form after a early season injury is finally starting to get his confidence back.

Jensen on the other hand seems to be regressing lately, making more mental errors than he did early season, a lot of that could be the MVFC defenses exposing what your OOC games did not, that if he gets rushed or ruffled, he makes mental errors that have hurt your team.

I stand by what I said, If I had to pick between the two, I would take the Jacks O, the potential is much higher.

Can they put it all together against the Bison, when they haven't yet this season, honestly, not likely, that said, there isn't a bigger game to come out and play for with the conf. Title and Dakota marker on the line.

I guess I feel like the Bison actually have all the pressure this game. They SHOULD win, at least based on paper and stats and really, the Jacks have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I just have this feeling the Jacks are going to pull it off. If am I am wrong. I will be one of the first here Saturday saying it.

steelbison
November 6th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Interesting how you took my comment and turned it into me being arrogant or confident. I'm just saying it hasn't happened yet. I didn't say it was going to happen this weekend.

Alot of posters have been focusing on either Zenner or Sumner, not both. All I'm saying is what happens when they both play well? We don't know, because we haven't seen it yet. Its something to think about.

I'm not..that's my point....We've played much better offenses than yours and shut them down...not worried about your little Bunnie squad...

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2012, 12:04 PM

That post, in this thread. What conclusion should we have drawn? Something about the USD game? Did you post about this game in the some SIU thread last week?

Jacked_Rabbit
November 6th, 2012, 12:08 PM
That post, in this thread. What conclusion should we have drawn? Something about the USD game? Did you post about this game in the some SIU thread last week?

I'll try and break this down for those simpler-minded folks out there. I konw you went to SDSU for a year, so I'm obviously not talking to you... xrotatehx

1. If/when Zenner and Sumner both have huge days in the same game, it will be fun for Jackrabbit fans to watch because we will light up the scoreboard.
2. It is going to be tough to do on the road against NDSU's D this weekend.
3. If it doesn't happen in Fargo, I hope it happens next wek at home vs. USD.
4. No, I don't believe I posted about this game in some SIU thread last week.

Does that make more sense? xcoffeex

mmiller_34
November 6th, 2012, 12:11 PM

Oh good god. Let me rephrase it once more. If Sumner and Zenner BOTH have breakout games SDSU could win. Zenner cannot win this game by himself against NDSU's D, he will need support from Sumner. Sumner cannot win this game by himself, he will need support from Zenner.

Jacked was merely proving the point that we weren't confident (as you all suggested) that Sumner/Zenner would go off against NDSU but he was saying it would be fun to watch then making a JOKE that it would probably happen against USD.

wow
What about your QB's 13 ints' Everyone is talking about Jensen...he has thrown less than half of what your QB has..lets not forget that fact....

Sumner has thrown 13 picks this year, 6 in the first 3 games. He has had a banged up thumb on his throwing hand most of the season. The thumb seems to be greatly improved the last few games.

steelbison
I'll try and break this down for those simpler-minded folks out there. I konw you went to SDSU for a year, so I'm obviously not talking to you... xrotatehx

1. If/when Zenner and Sumner both have huge days in the same game, it will be fun for Jackrabbit fans to watch because we will light up the scoreboard.
2. It is going to be tough to do on the road against NDSU's D this weekend.
3. If it doesn't happen in Fargo, I hope it happens next wek at home vs. USD.
4. No, I don't believe I posted about this game in some SIU thread last week.

Does that make more sense? xcoffeex

Your missing his point....Why bring it up here????? Because you think there is a chance it might happen...If not why bring it up on this thread...

Boy you bunnies are clueless at times...

steelbison
November 6th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Sumner has thrown 13 picks this year, 6 in the first 3 games. He has had a banged up thumb on his throwing hand most of the season. The thumb seems to be greatly improved the last few games.

So what's your point?? He's thrown 7 in the last 6 games??? our QB has thrown 6 all year.....just sayin...

NDSUstudent
November 6th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Nothing was said to the effect that the Bison haven't had better numbers this year, I said I PERSONALLY believe that the ceiling is higher with the Jacks offense than the Bison. As for the pick six you are right.. nothing says he will... but yes he has, so has Sumner... The difference in MY mind, is I think Sumner is the better QB who after struggling to get back to form after a early season injury is finally starting to get his confidence back.

Jensen on the other hand seems to be regressing lately, making more mental errors than he did early season, a lot of that could be the MVFC defenses exposing what your OOC games did not, that if he gets rushed or ruffled, he makes mental errors that have hurt your team.

I stand by what I said, If I had to pick between the two, I would take the Jacks O, the potential is much higher.

Can they put it all together against the Bison, when they haven't yet this season, honestly, not likely, that said, there isn't a bigger game to come out and play for with the conf. Title and Dakota marker on the line.

I guess I feel like the Bison actually have all the pressure this game. They SHOULD win, at least based on paper and stats and really, the Jacks have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I just have this feeling the Jacks are going to pull it off. If am I am wrong. I will be one of the first here Saturday saying it.

All the Jacks have to lose is a Missouri Valley title and maybe a home playoff game. Nothing at all.

mmiller_34
November 6th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Your missing his point....Why bring it up here????? Because you think there is a chance it might happen...If not why bring it up on this thread...

Boy you bunnies are clueless at times...

Everything is not black and white. We aren't saying that there is ZERO chance. We're saying it could happen, but we're not confident, and if it does SDSU could win.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2012, 12:17 PM
All the Jacks have to lose is a Missouri Valley title and maybe a home playoff game. Nothing at all.

Furthermore, the Bison have a lot of experience in pressure games. They seem to do well.

steelbison
November 6th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Everything is not black and white. We aren't saying that there is ZERO chance. We're saying it could happen, but we're not confident, and if it does SDSU could win.

I am...zero percent chance...you have no idea what's in store for you saturday....

mmiller_34
November 6th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Furthermore, the Bison have a lot of experience in pressure games. They seem to do well.

+1, and we Jacks fans know all too well that SDSU has a tendency to choke.

LeeshaJo
November 6th, 2012, 12:18 PM
All the Jacks have to lose is a Missouri Valley title. Nothing at all.

A title they were never supposed to be in contention for, the Bison on the other hand were supposed to run away with it... The Jacks season has surpassed everyone's expectations this year win or lose this game... the Bison on the other hand lose this and I guarantee many fans will consider the season a bust (with the exception that they don't go on to win the Championship, which they could do.)

It's not that I don't think NDSU has a great team. I do. I just think there are enough variables, that in no way shape or form should NDSU assume the Jacks are going to roll over and die for you just because you are the bison.

mmiller_34
November 6th, 2012, 12:19 PM
I am...zero percent chance...you have no idea what's in store for you saturday....

Holy *****. Delusion. I'm well aware of how good NDSU's defense is. AGS.

NDSUstudent
November 6th, 2012, 12:21 PM
A title they were never supposed to be in contention for, the Bison on the other hand were supposed to run away with it... The Jacks season has surpassed everyone's expectations this year win or lose this game... the Bison on the other hand lose this and I guarantee many fans will consider the season a bust (with the exception that they don't go on to win the Championship, which they could do.)

It's not that I don't think NDSU has a great team. I do. I just think there are enough variables, that in no way shape or form should NDSU assume the Jacks are going to roll over and die for you.

So because you weren't suppose to contend for the MVC title there is no pressure in this game that has the title and playoff implications on the line? Do I think that the Bison have the most pressure on them after winning the NC last year? Yes. But you saying that the Bunnies have nothing to lose is delusional.

LeeshaJo
November 6th, 2012, 12:22 PM
So because you weren't suppose to contend for the MVC title there is no pressure in this game that has the title and playoff implications on the line?

A lot less than on the Bison

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2012, 12:24 PM

and that is a lot less than they have faced previously.

NDSUstudent
November 6th, 2012, 12:24 PM

That wasn't what you said. You said the Bunnies have nothing to lose.

wow
November 6th, 2012, 12:25 PM
So what's your point?? He's thrown 7 in the last 6 games??? our QB has thrown 6 all year.....just sayin...

Sumner has thrown 7 in the last 6 games.

Of course, Jensen has only thrown 6 in the last 6 games, half of those went for touchdowns. Just sayin... LOL

LeeshaJo
November 6th, 2012, 12:26 PM
That wasn't what you said. You said the Bunnies have nothing to lose.

If I am a player... that is how I am approaching this game. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 6th, 2012, 12:41 PM
It's always easier to play as the underdog, when few give you a chance to win the game. The Bison have more pressure on them to win the game solely because everyone expects them to. It's not rocket science.

I hope we play loose and fast, as if we have nothing to lose, although 9-2 with a potential playoff seed and 1st round bye would be nice. Regardless, nobody outside of our locker room expected us to be in this spot in the preseason, so Leesha is spot on by saying that. If we lose, it's not the end of the world. If NDSU loses, however, I'm sure there will be many in Fargo that will feel the Mayans prediction may be right!

Professor Chaos
November 6th, 2012, 12:56 PM
If Jensen has been exposed, it's been when he hasn't been rushed. I'm not sure if you watched the Missouri St game or not but if you did you'd see that all 3 of Jensen's picks came when he had time and just made a bad throw/decision with very little, if any, pressure on him. I know at least 2 were on 3 man rushes. Defenses have been laying back in coverage on Jensen because he has a tendency to get stuck on #4 (Ryan Smith) and force it to him when he's not open.

This is my layman's attempt at describing what's happened to Jensen, I'm sure the coaches have analyzed it much better than I and have had discussions with Brock about it this week. We'll see if he makes progress.

You may like SDSU's guys, I'll take what NDSU has. Watch #23 and #82, you may be surprised by their "ceiling".

Jacked_Rabbit
November 6th, 2012, 01:06 PM
If Jensen has been exposed, it's been when he hasn't been rushed. I'm not sure if you watched the Missouri St game or not but if you did you'd see that all 3 of Jensen's picks came when he had time and just made a bad throw/decision with very little, if any, pressure on him. I know at least 2 were on 3 man rushes. Defenses have been laying back in coverage on Jensen because he has a tendency to get stuck on #4 (Ryan Smith) and force it to him when he's not open.

This is my layman's attempt at describing what's happened to Jensen, I'm sure the coaches have analyzed it much better than I and have had discussions with Brock about it this week. We'll see if he makes progress.

You may like SDSU's guys, I'll take what NDSU has. Watch #23 and #82, you may be surprised by their "ceiling".

Funny how a little pressure on the QB can cause poor throws directly lead to turnovers.

Protecting Sumner and giving him some time to throw is my #1 key to SDSU having a chance to win this game. If we can't do that, we are screwed, regardless of how many yards Zenner rushes for or how many picks Jensen throws. If Sumner is under duress every time he drops back in the pocket, we are in big BIG trouble...

NDSUstudent
November 6th, 2012, 01:11 PM
If Jensen has been exposed, it's been when he hasn't been rushed. I'm not sure if you watched the Missouri St game or not but if you did you'd see that all 3 of Jensen's picks came when he had all day and just made a bad throw/decision with very little, if any, pressure on him. I know at least 2 were on 3 man rushes. Defenses have been laying back in coverage on Jensen because he has a tendency to get stuck on #4 (Ryan Smith) and force it to him when he's not open.

Want to know the most puzzling part? If they are sitting back and not rushing Jensen run the dam ball more! If your running back is averaging almost 5 yards a carry. Keep running the ball.

Num. Yards Ave
Ojuri,Sam 24 118 4.9
Crockett,John 9 39 4.3

KUlawJack
November 6th, 2012, 01:17 PM

Taking over Lakes' role since he was banned I see.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2012, 01:25 PM

There is nothing wrong with thinking that.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 6th, 2012, 01:30 PM

Steelbison's quote was merely an example of some standard NDSU-homer ignorance/arrogance. Lakes or Mpls would've came up with something 100x more absurd than this... C'mon, give those guys some credit!

KUlawJack
November 6th, 2012, 01:31 PM
There is nothing wrong with thinking that.

I didn't say there was did I? And their is nothing wrong with SDSU fans thinking they have a shot on Saturday either. Why the hell even play the game if there is zero chance? Its just idiotic to say.

Professor Chaos
November 6th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Want to know the most puzzling part? If they are sitting back and not rushing Jensen run the dam ball more! If your running back is averaging almost 5 yards a carry. Keep running the ball.

Num. Yards Ave
Ojuri,Sam 24 118 4.9
Crockett,John 9 39 4.3
In fairness I think a couple of them were on 3rd down. But in most cases against MSU the reason they got into 3rd and long was because of incomplete passes on 1st and/or 2nd down. Jensen threw something like 22 times in the 1st half of that game. Way, waaaaay, too much.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2012, 01:43 PM
I didn't say there was did I? And their is nothing wrong with SDSU fans thinking they have a shot on Saturday either. Why the hell even play the game if there is zero chance? Its just idiotic to say.

in·con·gru·ous
adjective \(ˌ)in-ˈkäŋ-grə-wəs\

: lacking congruity: as
a : not harmonious : incompatible <incongruous colors>
b : not conforming : disagreeing <conduct incongruous with principle>
c : inconsistent within itself <an incongruous story>
d : lacking propriety : unsuitable <incongruous manners>

Bisonoline
November 6th, 2012, 01:44 PM

Yeah many said the same thing before Indiana State

KUlawJack
November 6th, 2012, 01:53 PM
in·con·gru·ous
adjective \(ˌ)in-ˈkäŋ-grə-wəs\

: lacking congruity: as
a : not harmonious : incompatible <incongruous colors>
b : not conforming : disagreeing <conduct incongruous with principle>
c : inconsistent within itself <an incongruous story>
d : lacking propriety : unsuitable <incongruous manners>

I said there is nothing wrong with him thinking that, meaning he is entitled to his opinion. However, it is my opinion it is an idiotic thing to say.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2012, 01:55 PM
I said there is nothing wrong with him thinking that, meaning he is entitled to his opinion. However, it is my opinion it is an idiotic thing to say.

So nothing wrong but still a wholly negative judgment of it. One of these things is not like the other.....

mmiller_34
If we're doing definitions here, I'll play.

dis·re·gard
verb (used with object)

1. to pay no attention to; leave out of consideration; ignore: Disregard the footnotes.
2. to treat without due regard, respect, or attentiveness; slight: to disregard an invitation.

Steelbison was disregarding any consideration to the possibility, however slight it is, of Sumner/Zenner playing well on Saturday. To me, I see that as short-sighted, and over-zealous. I understand NDSU's defense is amazing. However, if this is an intellectual conversation, it would be against our prerogative to leave out any possibilities.

Houndawg
Funny how a little pressure on the QB can cause poor throws directly lead to turnovers.

Protecting Sumner and giving him some time to throw is my #1 key to SDSU having a chance to win this game. If we can't do that, we are screwed, regardless of how many yards Zenner rushes for or how many picks Jensen throws. If Sumner is under duress every time he drops back in the pocket, we are in big BIG trouble...

Then I'd say you're in BIG trouble. SIU sacked Sumner six times and stuffed ZZ, 49 yds. - there is no reason to expect any more offensive output against NDSUs defense.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 6th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Then I'd say you're in BIG trouble. SIU sacked Sumner six times and stuffed ZZ, 49 yds. - there is no reason to expect any more offensive output against NDSUs defense.

Agreed - I'm concerned, to say the least. We had one of our worst games of the year at SIU and were fortunately enough to get out of their with a W in front of an empty stadium. If we play like that again vs. NDSU, this time in a hostile environment, we'll be in big trouble (as I stated previously). Thanks for reiterating what I had already said...

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2012, 02:02 PM
If we're doing definitions here, I'll play.

dis·re·gard
verb (used with object)

1. to pay no attention to; leave out of consideration; ignore: Disregard the footnotes.
2. to treat without due regard, respect, or attentiveness; slight: to disregard an invitation.

Steelbison was disregarding any consideration to the possibility, however slight it is, of Sumner/Zenner playing well on Saturday. To me, I see that as short-sighted, over zealous. I understand NDSU's defense is amazing. However, if this is an intellectual conversation, it would be against our prerogative to leave out any possibilities.

He was making a value statement, to which you then compared him to one of the most virulent trolls on this board. I came to his defense by saying there is nothing wrong with him thinking that. You then agreed there was nothing wrong with it but made a strongly negative comment about it.

I also think that SDSU will have about the same chance against this defense as anyone else, near zero.

mmiller_34
November 6th, 2012, 02:03 PM
He was making a value statement, to which you then compared him to one of the most virulent trolls on this board. I came to his defense by saying there is nothing wrong with him thinking that. You then agreed there was nothing wrong with it but made a strongly negative comment about it.

I also think that SDSU will have about the same chance against this defense as anyone else, near zero.

That actually wasn't me that compared him to Lakes.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2012, 02:06 PM
That actually wasn't me that compared him.

nope, you're right. replace all the you's with he's and my point is the same.

Bisonator
November 6th, 2012, 02:12 PM
I think Zenner gets about 50 again. If it's more then that we maybe in trouble. We need Jensen to take care of the ball and not be in the giving mood. Definitely do not want to spot SDSU a TD. GO BISON!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2012, 02:15 PM
I think Zenner gets about 50 again. If it's more then that we maybe in trouble. We need Jensen to take care of the ball and not be in the giving mood. Definitely do not want to spot SDSU a TD. GO BISON!!!

I think the running game gets a lot better. Vraa is back and I'll almost lay money that Brock has been told to look for a spot to run if he can't find an open man. He was so good at that last year, even breaking that long one against Georgia Southern.

mmiller_34
November 6th, 2012, 02:17 PM
nope, you're right. replace all the you's with he's and my point is the same.

Value statements are great, however, if not done correctly they sound arrogant. Here I'll give you two examples:

I am...zero percent sure.......you have no idea what's in store for you on Saturday....

or

Okay, I see how if those two players played well it could give the Bison defense fits. However, I would be very surprised if said situation occurs on Saturday. This Bison defense has proved week after week that they will shut down the pass and create turnovers. You quarterback has shown that he is weak under pressure and he will likely be under alot of it in Fargo.

The first shuts down conversation and basically says... "Your team just will not challenge our team, I don't even know why you think it would, zero percent chance, we shouldn't even be talking about it."

The second is respectful, but makes the same point. "I get the way your thinking, but the Bison D will prevail."

Maybe I'm asking too much since this is a message board...

Kemo
November 6th, 2012, 02:18 PM
One interesting thing to note is that the Jacks and Bison play incredibly similar styles of 4-3 defenses, both of which stem from the Tampa 2.

Will playing against this type of defense in practice everyday help the Jacks offense (or the Bison O, for that matter) put a few more points than expected against a talented defense? Maybe this will be of no consequence, but it's something to consider.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 6th, 2012, 02:31 PM

Coming from the same guy that, "as the risk of sounding cocky", told us that we could "book" an NDSU blowout vs. Indiana State earlier this year... For all of you Bison fans that are giving SDSU zero chance, let's take a little trip down memory lane!

This sounds familiar. Here is a summary of your pediction, NoDak4 Ever:

At the risk of sounding cocky, I will predict a big Bison win again... ...Now they come into the Fargodome where the #3 team in the nation was absolutely dispatched. This won't even be close.

Book it.

This one was in response to my prediction that the Bison would have a let-down after demolishing YSU the week prior:

The team is well coached and will not be overlooking this weeks game. Each week they have proven it is business as usual. They don't act surprised when a play goes well they just accept that it was suppose to be that way and move on to the next play.

Despite the off field distractions the boys have been very focused this season.

And our boy Hando joked that a 'let down' would be 35-7 for the untouchable Bison:

I also think this game will be a let down for NDSU. Bison-35, ISUb-7

That should be considered a let down at this point, right? Jk

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2012, 02:32 PM
God dammit, I can't wait for Saturday.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 6th, 2012, 02:39 PM

All in good fun, my man. xlolx I'm sure I could get called out on a million posts as well, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Looking forward to it as well!

Bisonator
November 6th, 2012, 03:00 PM
I think the running game gets a lot better. Vraa is back and I'll almost lay money that Brock has been told to look for a spot to run if he can't find an open man. He was so good at that last year, even breaking that long one against Georgia Southern.

I hope your right, but I am seriously questioning some of Vigens play calling. He has really been in love with throwing the ball as of late. I do not understand it at all. The run game was working last week but we get a first and goal from the 7 and he decides to throw 3 times???? No excuse for that kind of play calling IMO. Need to run on first or second down once at least try to avoid the 3rd and long pass plays every time jeeesh!

Teams are dropping 7 or 8 and jumping the out routes now. We need to run a few times when they are showing blitz. Pop that middle screen again and make the defenses start playing up tighter. Stop focusing so much on Smith, we have other capable receivers. How about a pump fake or play action once in awhile? Man I can't be the only guy who is seeing this stuff. Are we trying to setup teams for the playoffs already?

Bisonator
November 6th, 2012, 03:01 PM

Ditto!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2012, 03:01 PM
All in good fun, my man. xlolx I'm sure I could get called out on a million posts as well, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Looking forward to it as well!

Same here. As I have said before, I love Brookings. Athough almost everything I love about it revolved around food. Z'kota, George's Pizza, Dairy Bar Chocolate ice cream.

I certainly don't eat like that any more.

LeeshaJo
November 6th, 2012, 03:35 PM
I would say is it Saturday yet... but I am really excited for Friday, and Sunday for that matter, too.... Great weekend of sports ahead with the Men's BBall opener Friday, Football and WBB Sat. and WBB game Sunday... :)

Jacked_Rabbit
November 6th, 2012, 04:01 PM
I would say is it Saturday yet... but I am really excited for Friday, and Sunday for that matter, too.... Great weekend of sports ahead with the Men's BBall opener Friday, Football and WBB Sat. and WBB game Sunday... :)

Agreed - a Jackrabbit upset at Alabama on ESPNU Friday evening will start the weekend off on the right foot. Naters Gonna Nate and Zenners gonna ... Zen?

wow
November 6th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Agreed - a Jackrabbit upset at Alabama on ESPNU Friday evening will start the weekend off on the right foot. Naters Gonna Nate and Zenners gonna ... Zen?

Zenners gonna Zag?

Twentysix
November 6th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Zenners gonna Zag?

What if sumner and zenner toke up with TOB before the game? How much does this affect SDSU's chances?

LeeshaJo
November 6th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Zenners gonna Zag?

Can I be Greedy and say Zenner Breaks two for touchdowns Bringing ZZ back to the Top ;)?

Bison06
What really bums me out about Zenner is I have learned from a reliable source that he would have been a Bison without a doubt if we had offered him. Don't shoot the messenger if you think it isn't true, but I tend to believe the person who told me based on his occupation.

LeeshaJo
What if sumner and zenner toke up with TOB before the game? How much does this affect SDSU's chances?

TOB I remember not of which you speak. xconfusedx

LeeshaJo
November 6th, 2012, 04:10 PM
What really bums me out about Zenner is I have learned from a reliable source that he would have been a Bison without a doubt if we had offered him. Don't shoot the messenger if you think it isn't true, but I tend to believe the person who told me based on his occupation.

I am sure there are several players on either team that were they not one they would have been the other.

wow
November 6th, 2012, 04:22 PM

Because no athlete would ever choose SDSU over NDSU...

Next you will start telling us about Wolter's dad.

2002jack
November 6th, 2012, 04:25 PM

Bison fans start this rumor about every remotely successful SDSU athlete.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 6th, 2012, 04:49 PM

If that's true, sounds like poor recruiting on NDSU's part... Right?

BeardifulBobb
November 6th, 2012, 05:17 PM
If the Bison's D can do what it has been doing all year, then Zenner will be held to under a 100.

Bison06
November 6th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Bison fans start this rumor about every remotely successful SDSU athlete.

Well I don't know about that, but if you believe his highschool position coach than I guess it is true about Zenner.

Bison06
November 6th, 2012, 05:28 PM
If that's true, sounds like poor recruiting on NDSU's part... Right?

Absolutely, we missed on him. What recruiting class was he a part of? Which year?

Bison06
November 6th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Because no athlete would ever choose SDSU over NDSU...

Next you will start telling us about Wolter's dad.

Don't know who Wolter's dad is so I won't be saying anything about him next. Thanks for your input.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 6th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Kevin & Emory are gonna be talking about this one on the show tonight if any of you want to call in and throw your 2 in there as well.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?122738-Tuesday-Tuesday-Tuesday!

Jacked_Rabbit
November 6th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Kevin & Emory are gonna be talking about this one on the show tonight if any of you want to call in and throw your 2 in there as well.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?122738-Tuesday-Tuesday-Tuesday!

If I call in, do I refer to myself as JACKED RABBIT?!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 6th, 2012, 05:45 PM
If I call in, do I refer to myself as JACKED RABBIT?!

No, but you can if you want. Most of us that do the recaps use both interchangeably.