PDA

View Full Version : Brent Russell Arrested After App State Loss

Apphole
November 5th, 2012, 02:11 PM
http://gadaily.com/?p=3037

Russell arrested after loss to App. State

A few hours after the Eagles had a heartbreaking loss against Appalachian State University, senior defensive tackle Brent Russell (66) was arrested outside of Rude Rudy’s.

According to the incident report from Georgia Southern University Public Safety department, Sgt. Tyrone McBride:

McBride arrived at the scene when a member of Statesboro Police Department requested assistance for crowd control in University Plaza’s parking lot.

GlassOnion
November 5th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Oh. My.

AppAlum2003
November 5th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Mongo love candy

GlassOnion
November 5th, 2012, 02:16 PM
GSU fans on the flightline say he was arrested after App game last year too.

His college career should be over.

Shame.

BisonBacker
November 5th, 2012, 02:17 PM
(Mods please add another 'l' to the first name in the thread title)

http://gadaily.com/?p=3037

Russell arrested after loss to App. State

A few hours after the Eagles had a heartbreaking loss against Appalachian State University, senior defensive tackle Brent Russell (66) was arrested outside of Rude Rudy’s.

According to the incident report from Georgia Southern University Public Safety department, Sgt. Tyrone McBride:

McBride arrived at the scene when a member of Statesboro Police Department requested assistance for crowd control in University Plaza’s parking lot.

First of all the name of the place he was at struck me given the nature of the story. "Rude Rudy's"? Uhm ok a little PO'd from the results of the game but still when a police officer informs you to leave or be arrested and you stay well, I have a hard time sympathizing with stupidity.

eaglewraith
November 5th, 2012, 02:18 PM

Shame.

He was not arrested for the altercation last year.

Not sure of the details on this one.

However, if ya'll thought App got under the fans' skin.....I think Brent takes it a lot worse. This is very unfortunate though.

Professor Chaos
November 5th, 2012, 02:19 PM
It's that damn Al Gore's fault!

He's always been out to get manbearpig...

AppAlum2003
November 5th, 2012, 02:20 PM
He needs to learn to leave that on the field. Very unfortunate he can't separate the two.

Waco Kid
November 5th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I guess he wasn't hurt that bad...

eaglewraith
November 5th, 2012, 02:23 PM
He needs to learn to leave that on the field. Very unfortunate he can't separate the two.

Not defending this, but how good at anger management were you in your early 20s? Football players are still relatively young and emotionally developing.

It's definitely not behavior you should expect out of one of your team leaders though.

Apphole
November 5th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Scott Riddle-esk?

We might find him passed out on a driveway in Burlington after App beats the Stink again next year.

GlassOnion
November 5th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Not defending this, but how good at anger management were you in your early 20s? Football players are still relatively young and emotionally developing.

It's definitely not behavior you should expect out of one of your team leaders though.

Thats not typical anger management even for a 20 year old. I'd say far fewer than 10% of college students get arrested. Having issues after last years game should have prepared him on how to handle the situation, instead, he got worse.

eaglewraith
November 5th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Scott Riddle-esk?

We might find him passed out on a driveway in Burlington after App beats the Stink again next year.

When was the last time ya'll beat us 3 times in a row?

GSUEagles#1
November 5th, 2012, 02:27 PM
He was not arrested for the altercation last year.

Not sure of the details on this one.

However, if ya'll thought App got under the fans' skin.....I think Brent takes it a lot worse. This is very unfortunate though.

What's sad is, some other DRUNK student probably started to lay it into him and other players about the loss.

eaglewraith
November 5th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Thats not typical anger management even for a 20 year old. I'd say far fewer than 10% of college students get arrested. Having issues after last years game should have prepared him on how to handle the situation, instead, he got worse.

Fair enough, just saying. Sometimes it takes strong repercussions for someone to learn their lesson, but by then it's normally too late.

bullitt_60
November 5th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Who hasn't been arrested by Statesboro Police?

GATA_Eagles
November 5th, 2012, 02:30 PM
The GA isn't exactly known for it's accuracy. They provided the police report, but I'll wait until a full story from a more credible source to comment more. I'm sure it will be brought up tonight at the coach's show and we will be given more accurate information.

GlassOnion
November 5th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Scott Riddle-esk?

Im not worried about finding Riddle in my driveway, I could straighten him out like a Rubix cube. Brent Russell is a bit more of a challenge.

GSUEagles#1
November 5th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Who hasn't been arrested by Statesboro Police?

Not arrested and not statesboro, but a $500 MIP ticket in F***ing REGISTER! AHH Still won't drive in that town.

GSUEagles#1
November 5th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Im not worried about finding Riddle in my driveway, I could straighten him out like a Rubix cube. Brent Russell is a bit more of a challenge.

Well seeing as though he won't be wearing the blue and white next year....

UNH72Plus
November 5th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Not arrested and not statesboro, but a $500 MIP ticket in F***ing REGISTER! AHH Still won't drive in that town.

How about disorderly conduct for painting a cross walk to the bar across the strret? Probably shouldn't have used latex paint with rain in the forecast!

bullitt_60
November 5th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Oh, it's campus police too. xboringx I'm sure he was acting stupid, but he didn't go 'Ray Lewis' on anyone.

SpeedkingATL
November 5th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Hope it's untrue. GaSo will need him in the playoffs.

Apphole
November 5th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Here's my take on Stink Nation's meltdown, from fans to Russell.

A Stink Meltdown of Epic Proportions (http://appstatecentral.com/content/stink-meltdown-epic-proportions)

eaglewraith
November 5th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Here's my take on Stink Nation's meltdown, from fans to Russell.

A Stink Meltdown of Epic Proportions (http://appstatecentral.com/content/stink-meltdown-epic-proportions)

Well in fairness, I guess they heard ya'll complaining about the lack of holding calls on your opponents all last year. App wasn't called for holding at all.....but GSU fans are the ONLY ones who complain about refs.

That's rich.

cbarrier90
November 5th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Very unfortunate if it's true. Kid will be playing on Sundays if he can keep his act together.

Apphole
November 5th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Well in fairness, I guess they heard ya'll complaining about the lack of holding calls on your opponents all last year. App wasn't called for holding at all.....but GSU fans are the ONLY ones who complain about refs.

That's rich.

We mention that here and there. You have groups of people attacking official vans, butthurt players getting in bar fights and 60+ page bitch threads about bad officiating being the only reason you lost. That's a little different than a collective gripe about a season worth of no holding calls.

Eagle11
November 5th, 2012, 04:48 PM
We mention that here and there. You have groups of people attacking official vans, butthurt players getting in bar fights and 60+ page bitch threads about bad officiating being the only reason you lost. That's a little different than a collective gripe about a season worth of no holding calls.

Its funny that the majority of your fans are at least attempting to be constructive in this thread. Once again your inferiority complex is shining through, taking cheap shots at a team you just beat. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're still in college, trying to earn your place in the App fan pecking order. Get over it. The majority of GSU/APP fans can at least attempt to be civil after the game is over.

chattownmocs
November 5th, 2012, 04:59 PM
I've never seen a player get more excited about a penalty on the other team. The guy is a strange one.

Apphole
November 5th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Its funny that the majority of your fans are at least attempting to be constructive in this thread. Once again your inferiority complex is shining through, taking cheap shots at a team you just beat. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're still in college, trying to earn your place in the App fan pecking order. Get over it. The majority of GSU/APP fans can at least attempt to be civil after the game is over.

If you read the article, you'll find it pretty fair. I make sure to mention that this rivalry brings out the worst in both fan bases and I was sure to mention the goal post/bus incident.

I'm not in college.

Eagle11
November 5th, 2012, 05:21 PM
If you read the article, you'll find it pretty fair. I make sure to mention that this rivalry brings out the worst in both fan bases and I was sure to mention the goal post/bus incident.

I'm not in college.

That explains it all.

And fair? The name of the article refers to GSU as Stink. All legitimacy of a fairness argument went out the window with that. I get that you're trying to flex your e-muscles and show GSU who's boss, but give it a rest.

Eaglesrus
November 5th, 2012, 05:28 PM

Interesting the way you minimize App's complaining but like to exaggerate anything negative about us. "60+ page bitch threads about bad officiating being the only reason you lost". Where is that, exactly?

Vitojr130
November 5th, 2012, 05:29 PM

Don't make excuses. I'm in my early 20's and if a cop asked me to leave, you better bet your arse I would get out of there...

Eagle11
November 5th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Don't make excuses. I'm in my early 20's and if a cop asked me to leave, you better bet your arse I would get out of there...

Did you not read his whole post? He started out with "Not defending this. . ." and finished it with "It's definitely not behavior you should expect out of one of your team leaders though."

Apphole
November 5th, 2012, 05:33 PM
That explains it all.

And fair? The name of the article refers to GSU as Stink. All legitimacy of a fairness argument went out the window with that. I get that you're trying to flex your e-muscles and show GSU who's boss, but give it a rest.

Looks like somebody's not familiar with the dynamic of a fan blog. If you would stop crying for just a second and read with a shred of objectivity you'd see it for what it is: An understandably snarky, but fair assessment.

Apphole
November 5th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Interesting the way you minimize App's complaining but like to exaggerate anything negative about us. "60+ page bitch threads about bad officiating being the only reason you lost". Where is that, exactly?

Mr. C's official game thread.

Eaglesrus
November 5th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Mr. C's official game thread.

No, not Mr. C's Official Game thread that isn't quite 60 pages yet, of which a goodly portion is his play by play of the game, I want to know where the "60+ page bitch threads about bad officiating being the only reason you lost" is.

Rekdiver
November 5th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Sorry to hear this. I hope h gets his stuff together. I bet he gets suspended foe the Georgia game and not the Howard game.

Eagle11
November 5th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Sorry to hear this. I hope h gets his stuff together. I bet he gets suspended foe the Georgia game and not the Howard game.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was suspended for both.

Eagle11
November 5th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Looks like somebody's not familiar with the dynamic of a fan blog. If you would stop crying for just a second and read with a shred of objectivity you'd see it for what it is: An understandably snarky, but fair assessment.

Crying? You're the one that took the time to write a "blog" about another team's fanbase, a team that you just beat! There are sore losers and sore winners. Take a guess which one you are. You've spent more time bitching about us bitching than anything else.

With all of that blogging, I bet you play a lot of World of Warcraft too.

GATA_OneMoreTime
November 5th, 2012, 06:04 PM
If you read the police report he wasn't in a "bar fight" but even IF he was, that's not what he was arrested for. At least get the facts right.

Apphole
November 5th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Crying? You're the one that took the time to write a "blog" about another team's fanbase, a team that you just beat! There are sore losers and sore winners. Take a guess which one you are. You've spent more time bitching about us bitching than anything else.

With all of that blogging, I bet you play a lot of World of Warcraft too.

First of all, I'm one of the writers for that blog. My job is to produce content, content that App fans would want to read.

Secondly, I only play FPS's.

Eaglesrus
November 5th, 2012, 06:28 PM
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was suspended for both.

I will be surprised if he's not suspended for both, which I think hurts him more than the team, as it should. My thinking there is that it probably won't affect the outcome of the games, as we should be able to handle Howard anyway, and somehow I just don't see us beating UGA this year.

eaglewraith
November 5th, 2012, 06:32 PM

Was referring more to the events that led to the police encounter, not that portion of it.

I agree, my dad was a cop, so I definitely learned a healthy respect of them very early.

WataugaDave
November 5th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're still in college, trying to earn your place in the App fan pecking order.

Consider me greatly offended :P

Apphole
November 5th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Just notice Eagle11's join date. Looks like he jumped on the bandwagon just in time to see the upset.

Eagle11
November 5th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Just notice Eagle11's join date. Looks like he jumped on the bandwagon just in time to see the upset.

Yeah, and looking at your join date, you jumped on the bandwagon about 4 years too late.

Apphole
November 5th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Yeah, and looking at your join date, you jumped on the bandwagon about 4 years too late.
I just jumped on the AGS bandwagon too late. I became an App fan my freshman year at App.

asumike83
November 5th, 2012, 07:50 PM
All part of another chapter in the rivalry as far as I'm concerned. It wouldn't be any good if the fans and players weren't up in arms after a loss.

Just imagine if the tables were turned: Appalachian is #1, Georgia Southern beats us in KBS. After the game, our students are pepper sprayed while going after the officials' van and Jeremy Kimbrough gets arrested for disorderly conduct. Would the GSU fans not be giving us endless hell about it? Of course they would.

eaglewraith
November 5th, 2012, 08:03 PM
All part of another chapter in the rivalry as far as I'm concerned. It wouldn't be any good if the fans and players weren't up in arms after a loss.

Just imagine if the tables were turned: Appalachian is #1, Georgia Southern beats us in KBS. After the game, our students are pepper sprayed while going after the officials' van and Jeremy Kimbrough gets arrested for disorderly conduct. Would the GSU fans not be giving us endless hell about it? Of course they would.

False information. No pepper spray or mace involved. Some fans did indeed go after the officials' vehicle though.

Just wanted to clarify.

bojeta
November 5th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Oh, it's campus police too. xboringx I'm sure he was acting stupid, but he didn't go 'Ray Lewis' on anyone.

Not sure what "campus police" has to do with it. They go through the same academy training and are fully appointed police just like any other city/town etc. Most state campuses exceed 20,000 in student population with another 5-10 thousand in staff and other personnel.

GSUEagles#1
November 5th, 2012, 08:16 PM

WOW!!!! This is how stories are spread and things get taken way out of control. Hell! I agree it looks bad that he was arrested after the loss.... but y'all are GREAT at making a story 10 times worse than it is. I'm surprised that no one on here has said that Brent was arrested for the being one who went after the ref's van. Especially the way y'all talk.

We only give you endless amounts of hell when your star player runs over his own foot with a lawnmower.

asumike83
November 5th, 2012, 08:24 PM
WOW!!!! This is how stories are spread and things get taken way out of control. Hell! I agree it looks bad that he was arrested after the loss.... but y'all are GREAT at making a story 10 times worse than it is. I'm surprised that no one on here has said that Brent was arrested for the being one who went after the ref's van. Especially the way y'all talk.

We only give you endless amounts of hell when your star player runs over his own foot with a lawnmower.

So if this game were played in Boone, you replaced Brent Russell with Jeremy Kimbrough and the same postgame antics with our students, it would be crickets coming from Statesboro? Right...

Did you see any of the 'App State Hate Week' Twitter accounts that popped up this week? You are our biggest football rival, of course our fans are going to run with it, as would yours.

asumike83
November 5th, 2012, 08:24 PM
False information. No pepper spray or mace involved. Some fans did indeed go after the officials' vehicle though.

Just wanted to clarify.

My fault. I actually read that from one of the GSU posters in another thread, never fact-checked it.

GATA_OneMoreTime
November 5th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Does anyone really know what happened with the ref vehicle incident? I heard that their vehicle is typically parked in an area where students/other fans aren't allowed access? Not saying it happened or didn't, I just wish there was a little more than "well I heard (insert story here)"

Gringer1
November 5th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Scott Riddle-esk?

He should be more like the App coaches and get fired for sleeping with his grad assistants. Wipe your own *** before you worry about the skid marks in somebody else's toilet.

Apphole
November 5th, 2012, 09:18 PM
He should be more like the App coaches and get fired for sleeping with his grad assistants. Wipe your own *** before you worry about the skid marks in somebody else's toilet.

You guys are great at deflecting.

I'll kill Chris Moore if you kill Brent Russell. xlolx

Vitojr130
November 5th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Was referring more to the events that led to the police encounter, not that portion of it.

I agree, my dad was a cop, so I definitely learned a healthy respect of them very early.

Gotchya- I read your post quickly as I was at work wanting to get home early...

proasu89
November 5th, 2012, 09:55 PM
You guys are great at deflecting.

I'll kill Chris Moore if you kill Brent Russell. xlolx

Might be a good time to put the computer down and call it a night after that last post. Lol!

seantaylor
November 6th, 2012, 01:59 AM
Who the hell is Jeremy Kimbrough?

GSUEagles#1
November 6th, 2012, 05:25 AM
So if this game were played in Boone, you replaced Brent Russell with Jeremy Kimbrough and the same postgame antics with our students, it would be crickets coming from Statesboro? Right...

Did you see any of the 'App State Hate Week' Twitter accounts that popped up this week? You are our biggest football rival, of course our fans are going to run with it, as would yours.

I was referencing the fact that you took what could have been something as simple as students yelling at refs (No one really saw it happen from what I'm hearing) and turned it into something about how they had to get pepper sprayed. Yea you may have only heard it from someone else, but like I said that's house ***** gets spread. Hell, you all are probably posting on other boards about an offense 10x as bad for Brent Russell.

Actually I didn't see any of that on Twitter, my bad! I know it is a rivalry and ***** gets said, but there is a difference from talking smack and embellishing on a story like you saw with your own eyes. Imagine if we said that with the goalpost incident, the goalpost went through the bus and killed the driver and the players had to walk home from Boone to GA? You would be angry....

And... I still don't know who Jeremy Kimbrough is.

Mountaineer#96
November 6th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Well it will be the off-season soon, where we can once again unite our hate for GaState, UNC-Concord and discuss SunBelt membership........

asumike83
November 6th, 2012, 07:08 AM
I was referencing the fact that you took what could have been something as simple as students yelling at refs (No one really saw it happen from what I'm hearing) and turned it into something about how they had to get pepper sprayed. Yea you may have only heard it from someone else, but like I said that's house ***** gets spread. Hell, you all are probably posting on other boards about an offense 10x as bad for Brent Russell.

Actually I didn't see any of that on Twitter, my bad! I know it is a rivalry and ***** gets said, but there is a difference from talking smack and embellishing on a story like you saw with your own eyes. Imagine if we said that with the goalpost incident, the goalpost went through the bus and killed the driver and the players had to walk home from Boone to GA? You would be angry....

And... I still don't know who Jeremy Kimbrough is.

This is one hilarious post, nice work!

It was a Georgia Southern fan who posted that rumor and it would seem odd to me for someone to make that up about their own students. Instead of calling out your fellow fan who posted that the students were pepper-sprayed on this very board, you not only say that I turned it into something more than it was but compare it to a murder accusation. Just a wonderful overreaction all around, kudos.

As for Jeremy Kimbrough, he is an All-American middle linebacker who has racked up 26 tackles in his last two games against Georgia Southern and is about to graduate with a 3-1 record against the Eagles. Your desire to forget about him is understandable.

SouthernMan
November 6th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Georgia Southern after a loss gets into an altercation on campus. Cops called.

App during offseason - RAPE on campus. Rape covered up.

Yeah, Apples and Oranges. Clean up your own house before you go posting your dumbass messages about ours. Thats ok, playoffs are coming, IF you can take care of business with Furman and IF half your team did not celebrate your win by passing out roofies to the nearest sorority girls....oh I forgot, even if they did your school would cover it up. Instead of BLACK Saturday, maybe the new tagline should be BLACKOUT Saturday....and wake up with half the App football team.

asu3peat
November 6th, 2012, 07:47 AM
And here we go.... xpopcornx

biggie
November 6th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Suspended indefinitely it seems.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/11/06/georgia-southern-suspends-russell-after-arrest/

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 6th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Anyone who thinks GSU runs a delinquent program, here is exhibit #4,328 showing you're wrong. How many FCS coaches would basically kick a first-team AA off the team for something as minor as "disorderly conduct", especially a DL talent that is as rare at the FCS level as Russell?

md64179
November 6th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Suspended indefinitely it seems.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/11/06/georgia-southern-suspends-russell-after-arrest/

Not good news for him or the team. Hopefully he can get back for the playoffs

Apps03
November 6th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Anyone who thinks GSU runs a delinquent program, here is exhibit #4,328 showing you're wrong. How many FCS coaches would basically kick a first-team AA off the team for something as minor as "disorderly conduct", especially a DL talent that is as rare at the FCS level as Russell?

Look, I've tried to hold my keyboard on this because we all know App has had some challenges lately but this has to be called out. Even your own board says this is the 5th incident. If you want to make comparisons, you're closer to Spurrier at Carolina with the 5th strike and you're out rule.

asumike83
November 6th, 2012, 08:40 AM

I agree.

I was giving you guys hell for what happened after the game but I do not think GSU runs a dirty program.

SpeedkingATL
November 6th, 2012, 08:43 AM
It has always appeared that Jeff Monken runs a tight ship and I expect Russell or any other player will be dealt with accordingly. Personally I hope this is just a minor incident and Russell will at least be back for the playoffs. All of us have players that have done stupid things and in most cases the coaches take care of things in house if possible.

Would like to see GaSo and App meet again in Texas with both at full strength. Then we can have another bitch fest.

Rekdiver
November 6th, 2012, 08:47 AM
I am sorry to hear about his arrest. I hope this is not indicative of other off field behavior. He is a talent and I hate to see it wasted.

Eaglesrus
November 6th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Not good news for him or the team. Hopefully he can get back for the playoffs

I believe that how much it hurts the team depends on how long he is suspended, i.e. I don't think that his suspension will have much effect on the results of the Howard and UGA games. The playoffs would be another matter. I think it definitely hurts him personally if he misses even one game, however, being the final home game of his career. More than one game would have additional implications for him personally, as well. I really hope he learns from it and takes the lesson to heart.

Apphole
November 6th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Georgia Southern after a loss gets into an altercation on campus. Cops called.

Yeah, Apples and Oranges. Clean up your own house before you go posting your dumbass messages about ours. Thats ok, playoffs are coming, IF you can take care of business with Furman and IF half your team did not celebrate your win by passing out roofies to the nearest sorority girls....oh I forgot, even if they did your school would cover it up. Instead of BLACK Saturday, maybe the new tagline should be BLACKOUT Saturday....and wake up with half the App football team.

Show me the police report.

And everyone already gets blackout consensually on blackout Saturday.

GATA_OneMoreTime
November 6th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Look, I've tried to hold my keyboard on this because we all know App has had some challenges lately but this has to be called out. Even your own board says this is the 5th incident. If you want to make comparisons, you're closer to Spurrier at Carolina with the 5th strike and you're out rule.

One poster made that comment, and has yet to back it up. Also, no one seems to know what happened with him in Boone last year either besides "team rules violation." Unless people have something to back up the multiple incidents thing, I"ll ignore it.

soweagle
November 6th, 2012, 09:29 AM
I know what happend with the ref van, I saw the whole thing. That elusive grandmother that always flips off the App fans ( you know the one with the 4 year old that curses like a sailor), well she and the 4 year old attacked Jerry Moore's wife for trying to go to the hospital with another GSU player. The officials tried to stop the duo but were forced back into the van where they proceeded to attack the van. The two were arrested. Later that night Brent Russell was told that his grandmother and 4 year old nephew were arrested after the game. He went looking for the refs but found a guy in a striped shirt and beat him up and then attacked the policeman who arrested his family members. I hear he is still looking for jerry Moores wife.

Now that the "truth" is out there can the App fans quit speculating and making up crazy things. It's funny, that 4 year old never gets older and the grandmother never dies even after years of doing this. They must be vampires, you know how college kids love those vampire movies.

WataugaDave
November 6th, 2012, 09:35 AM

It wasn't at all covered up. The names weren't blabbed to the whole world because that's how innocent until proven guilty works. Because until there was an actual hearing, they still had to go to class and be around campus, and they would have been targeted for something that there wasn't any proof of yet.

cbarrier90
November 6th, 2012, 09:47 AM
It wasn't at all covered up. The names weren't blabbed to the whole world because that's how innocent until proven guilty works. Because until there was an actual hearing, they still had to go to class and be around campus, and they would have been targeted for something that there wasn't any proof of yet.

I believe the Charlotte Observer used the Freedom of Info Act to get the names released. All the players involved ended up being dismissed because of the ruling of the student court, not the DA.

Mid-season scandal last year, young, banged up team this year, yet we still beat GSU...

GSUEagles#1
November 6th, 2012, 10:22 AM
This is one hilarious post, nice work!

It was a Georgia Southern fan who posted that rumor and it would seem odd to me for someone to make that up about their own students. Instead of calling out your fellow fan who posted that the students were pepper-sprayed on this very board, you not only say that I turned it into something more than it was but compare it to a murder accusation. Just a wonderful overreaction all around, kudos.

As for Jeremy Kimbrough, he is an All-American middle linebacker who has racked up 26 tackles in his last two games against Georgia Southern and is about to graduate with a 3-1 record against the Eagles. Your desire to forget about him is understandable.

I did not see that a GSU fan wrote about the pepper spray, only you... I don't have a desire to forget about him, I just honestly didn't know who he was...

I was trying to make a point that if you are somewhere and you don't witness something personally you shouldn't embellish, its like the old game of telephone. It ALWAYS gets turned into something more.

asumike83
November 6th, 2012, 10:33 AM
I did not see that a GSU fan wrote about the pepper spray, only you... I don't have a desire to forget about him, I just honestly didn't know who he was...

I was trying to make a point that if you are somewhere and you don't witness something personally you shouldn't embellish, its like the old game of telephone. It ALWAYS gets turned into something more.

I understand that and after eaglewraith corrected me, I acknowledged my mistake. I did not witness anything first-hand and will not make that mistake again. I just saw this post and took him at his word:

Hope the NCAA and SoCon (since the commish was in attendance) sanctions won't be too severe after the students attacked the ref's van. It took a gaggle of cops and a crap-load of mace to get them off.

Whatever happened, I was just giving you guys a hard time. I don't think your students or players are a bunch of criminals but you have to admit, things like this will always open the flood gates after a rivalry game. In all honesty, I hope Russell learns his lesson and you guys have a full, healthy team ready for the playoffs.

Apphole
November 6th, 2012, 11:03 AM

This was the first mention of it on AGS:

We lost. Y'all won.

Hope the NCAA and SoCon (since the commish was in attendance) sanctions won't be too severe after the students attacked the ref's van. It took a gaggle of cops and a crap-load of mace to get them off.

Normally, I'd say boo on us... NOT THIS TIME!

Refs deserved what they got...

...AS DID the CrAppy fans screaming that they should scrape up the injured *expletive* "player" off the field and play the game. "FU APP STATE" is mild compared to what that group deserved.

I did not participate in it. I UNDERSTAND IT! And, I fully am willing to take whatever punishment is handed out in stride.

blueballs
November 6th, 2012, 11:07 AM
My late dad once told me, "Son, if you're not in bed by 12.... go home."

Nothing truly worthwhile is going to happen for a high profile athlete (which is a relative term based on where one is) after midnight in a bar.

biggie
November 6th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Believe the Mace post was on GSUfans, I saw it as well.

And for some to not know probably the best LB in the Socon is a bit weird for someone on here.

Edit: And Def Player of the Month, http://www.soconsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205726507&DB_OEM_ID=4000

TwoFeathers
November 6th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Sounds like he was asking for it... What do you expect going out to a bar after losing to your main rival. Bad call from the beginning.

Mountaineer#96
November 6th, 2012, 02:54 PM
All I have to say is y'all (App State included here) are wasting perfectly good bandwidth talking about a off campus incident that:
1. No one here was there on Saturday night.
2. No one fully understands the circumstances behind.
3. The young man is innocent until......PROVEN GUILTY (right App Fans, we had our share of that last year)
4. Is a 20 year old being, 20 years old. I remember my first few beers and women in college (may God bless them).

We play each other once a year on the football field, lets all be proud of the rivalry we have b/c trust me when I say that people envy it they do. May we be so fortunate to take the rivalry to the next level as well.

Save the smear for GAY State and UNC-Concordia

Apphole
November 6th, 2012, 02:56 PM
All I have to say is y'all (App State included here) are wasting perfectly good bandwidth talking about a off campus incident that:
3. The young man is innocent until......PROVEN GUILTY (right App Fans, we had our share of that last year)
4. Is a 20 year old being, 20 years old. I remember my first few beers and women in college (may God bless them).

We play each other once a year on the football field, lets all be proud of the rivalry we have b/c trust me when I say that people envy it they do. May we be so fortunate to take the rivalry to the next level as well.

That was my first response when I heard about the Russell incident: "I remember my first beer..."

Mountaineer#96
November 6th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Me and a few retired fellas will be drinking the mountain water this weekend at Black Saturday, my first game at The Rock this year (work has been crushing here).

Yes I will have a beer or twenty as well...

boogereagle
November 6th, 2012, 06:31 PM

Save the smear for GAY State and UNC-Concordia

Excellent post. Thanks.

GreatAppSt
November 6th, 2012, 09:14 PM
I know what happend with the ref van, I saw the whole thing. That elusive grandmother that always flips off the App fans ( you know the one with the 4 year old that curses like a sailor),
Now that the "truth" is out there can the App fans quit speculating and making up crazy things.

It's funny, that 4 year old never gets older and the grandmother never dies even after years of doing this. .

Hey hey hey now wait a minute here mister this story sound conspicuously similar to my bi-annual arguement of GSUr's Boone trip stories. I haven't yet decided if you just sampled or fully plagerized just yet, but I've got my eye on you now.xeyebrowx:D

seantaylor
November 6th, 2012, 11:51 PM

This is his first arrest. Find me some other arrests.

soweagle
November 7th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Hey hey hey now wait a minute here mister this story sound conspicuously similar to my bi-annual arguement of GSUr's Boone trip stories. I haven't yet decided if you just sampled or fully plagerized just yet, but I've got my eye on you now.xeyebrowx:D

The grandma and 4 year old show up everywhere.

cannonballgsu
November 7th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Well it will be the off-season soon, where we can once again unite our hate for GaState, UNC-Concord and discuss SunBelt membership........

Funny and true.

cannonballgsu
November 7th, 2012, 01:49 PM
The grandma and 4 year old show up everywhere.

One is a panthertalk moderator.

soweagle
November 9th, 2012, 10:38 AM
One is a panthertalk moderator.

The grandma does fall into the average age catergory for their student body.

Mr. C
November 9th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Who the hell is Jeremy Kimbrough?

Showing your football knowledge yet again. You would think you would know a first-team All-American linebacker.

JSUBison
December 3rd, 2012, 07:51 PM
So what happened with him? Did he play against UCA?

Skjellyfetti
December 3rd, 2012, 07:56 PM
So what happened with him? Did he play against UCA?

He played.

Baldy
December 3rd, 2012, 09:04 PM
He played.
Played against UGA, too. He sat out a game and missed Senior Day. More than enough punishment for the extremely flimsy reason he was charged. I will be very surprised if this 'case' ever hits the docket.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 3rd, 2012, 09:22 PM
Played against UGA, too. He sat out a game and missed Senior Day. More than enough punishment for the extremely flimsy reason he was charged. I will be very surprised if this 'case' ever hits the docket.

As I said to some friends when the incident got brought up again the other day, "If a guy drinking too much and acting a fool is our biggest disciplinary issue of the year, I'll take it." We don't have guys running around with handguns with no serial number or guys getting busted for smoking pot X number of times within a few months. While a trouble free season is ideal, at least it wasn't something major, IMO.

sgt smash
December 3rd, 2012, 09:31 PM
Yeah. It is not like he was forging signatures on a petition.

Blue Eagle
December 3rd, 2012, 11:59 PM

Shame.

The shame is calling for a player's career to be over without knowing all the facts!!