PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Power Rankings: Week #10

mmiller_34
November 4th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Read more HERE (http://mvfcfan.blogspot.com/2012/11/millers-power-rankings-week-10.html)

#1 North Dakota State
#2 Illinois State
#3 South Dakota State
#4 Indiana State
#5 Southern Illinois
#6 Youngstown State
#7 Northern Iowa
#8 Missouri State
#9 Western Illinois
#10 South Dakota

Playoff picture for the MVFC got a little more clear this weekend. However, looks like only NDSU, SDSU, and Illinois State have legit shots at playoffs.

mmiller_34
November 4th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Also... new poll this week:

Offensive MVP thus far?

Matt Brown
Brock Jensen
Kurt Hess
Sawyer Kollmorgen
Zach Zenner
Shakir Bell
Jamaine Cook
Tyrone Walker
Zach Vraa
John Crockett
Darrelynn Dunn

OR, Write in your own vote :)

HandoEX
November 4th, 2012, 08:03 PM

Offensive MVP thus far?

Matt Brown
Brock Jensen
Kurt Hess
Sawyer Kollmorgen
Zach Zenner
Shakir Bell
Jamaine Cook
Tyrone Walker
Zach Vraa
John Crockett
Darrelynn Dunn

Zenner is without question the MVP front runner in my opinion.

mmiller_34
November 4th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Zenner is without question the MVP front runner in my opinion.

I can see that. But, if you look at the numbers Shakir Bell has a little less yards but 2 more TDs. Pretty nit-picky, but still something to think about.

EDIT: completely off-topic, but I added a quick link to the NCAA 2012 FCS Attendance PDF. I like looking at those numbers every once in a while. Just thought some of you might like to know.

underdawg
November 5th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Both bell and Zenner are good young backs--we stopped Bell till our D ran out of gas in the fourth quarter and held Zenner to like 49 yards the whole game--so I'd pick Bell.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 5th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I really wish that Ojuri or Crockett could be a feature back alone. Just like last year with DJ, they are overshadowed because they split carries.

DJKyR0
November 5th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I don't know if Jensen even belongs on the "for consideration" list right now.

BeardifulBobb
November 5th, 2012, 01:32 PM

Offensive MVP thus far?

Matt Brown
Brock Jensen
Kurt Hess
Sawyer Kollmorgen
Zach Zenner
Shakir Bell
Jamaine Cook
Tyrone Walker
Zach Vraa
John Crockett
Darrelynn Dunn

Jensen cant even be on here. Maybe if it was only up to the Indiana State Game. NDSU's only legitimate offensive MVP is the Defense. Maybe Crockett, if he wouldn't have been playing with an injury for weeks.

NDSUstudent
November 5th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Offensive MVP: Zenner
Write out vote: Jensen

LeeshaJo
November 5th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Gut feeling is it will go to Bell, because he has more name recognition and pretty comp. Stats. That said, if Zenner can put up 100+ on the Bison this weekend, he should win it.

344Johnson
November 5th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Zenner.

Please remove Jensen from the list!

Jacked_Rabbit
November 5th, 2012, 01:52 PM
I think Zenner has a slight edge (by a very small margin) over Bell at this time, but these last 2 games for SDSU - and 1 game for the Trees - will determine which wins the MVP. It is only a two horse race at this point... Pun intended.

Professor Chaos
November 5th, 2012, 01:55 PM
I don't know if Jensen even belongs on the "for consideration" list right now.
He was the offensive MVP for Indiana St...

DJKyR0
November 5th, 2012, 01:59 PM
My power rankings after a three-week hiatus: http://mvfcfan.blogspot.com/2012/11/roths-power-rankings-week-10.html

mmiller_34
November 6th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I think you guys are being too hard on Jensen. He's had a couple of bad games, so have the rest of the players on that list.

steelbison
November 6th, 2012, 12:31 PM
I think you guys are being too hard on Jensen. He's had a couple of bad games, so have the rest of the players on that list.

You are completely right. But in Fargo he is now ready to be benched...People forget he led us to a national Championship game last year...