20. Appalachian State
21. Youngstown State
22. Chattanooga
23. Eastern Kentucky
24. McNeese State
25. Old Dominion

JMUNJ08
November 4th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Midwest bias anyone? Can't tell me Harvard at 15 is second best East Coast team... JMU doesn't even make top 25 either? Throwing this 1 out...

asumike83
November 4th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Having UNI at #4 makes it hard to take the Sagarin seriously.

UNH72Plus
November 4th, 2012, 11:45 AM
This is a joke right? How much credence can you put in a system that over-weights strength of schedule, practically ignores team records, and doesn't appear to consider head-to-head games? There's certainly no east coast bypass here when 8-1 ODU is ranked 25th and JMU and UNH are left out entirely. UNH (8-2) beat #18 Richmond and is ranked at #35 behind 3-7 Missouri State and 4-5 Murray State. Apparently Murray State gets SOS credit for playing FBS Florida State to whom they lost by 66 points! Missouri State played two FBS schools, but were outscored by a total of 86 to 16. Northern Arizona at #8 is way over ranked too. They're signature wins are a three point victory over FBS UNLV (2-8) and FCS Montana (5-5). In their other FBS game they were blown out by 57 points and they haven't beat a team with a winning record. In their six FCS wins their opponents combined record against FBS & FCS teams is 12-36. Maybe it's time to re-think the process Mr. Sagarin.

Twentysix
November 4th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Your reign is over. Midwest bias ftw.

darell1976
November 4th, 2012, 12:32 PM
UNI #4xlolxxlolx

UNIFanSince1983
November 4th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Midwest bias anyone? Can't tell me Harvard at 15 is second best East Coast team... JMU doesn't even make top 25 either? Throwing this 1 out...

I don't know why, but the computers hate JMU. They were literally not in any of the 6 I use to calculate my FCS BCS standings last week.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 4th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Yeah, Sagarin is making himself look like a bit of an asss by having UNI at #4... If I were him, I'd go back in an change my formula ASAP in an attempt to not lose credibility.

UNIFanSince1983
November 4th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Yeah, Sagarin is making himself look like a bit of an asss by having UNI at #4... If I were him, I'd go back in an change my formula ASAP in an attempt to not lose credibility.

Wait the same UNI team that beat SDSU by 3 TDs? Maybe he should change his formula for having you guys at 9? What you should realize is UNI is strong in computers due to having a tough schedule, and being competitive in every game. We are actually only 24 in his ELO rankings which do not take into consideration margin of victory.

darell1976
November 4th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Wait the same UNI team that beat SDSU by 3 TDs? Maybe he should change his formula for having you guys at 9? What you should realize is UNI is strong in computers due to having a tough schedule, and being competitive in every game. We are actually only 24 in his ELO rankings which do not take into consideration margin of victory.

How many wins do you have? Three oh wait 2 DI wins. We have 4 DI wins how come we aren't in the top 5?

Hawk98
November 4th, 2012, 02:00 PM
I-FCS is "ranked" by Sagarin solely to improve his I-FBS rankings. They shouldn't be taken seriously.

ODUalum78
November 4th, 2012, 02:14 PM
I don't know why, but the computers hate JMU. They were literally not in any of the 6 I use to calculate my FCS BCS standings last week.

...probably because JMU has only one win vs teams with records above .500. That is a killer for the football algorithms. Even using FCS only data, they have only one win against a team with a winning record. Not JMU's fault, but computer death.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 4th, 2012, 02:19 PM

Can't tell if you are delusional, or just a hypocrite, because you are the same guy that jumped all over me for using score comparisons in an discussion with a Bison fan in another thread yesterday. Well, news flash, that is exactly what you are doing here. Based on the UNI beat SDSU theory, I guess Indiana State also be ranked ahead of NDSU right now since they beat them head to head? Dream on, bro.

Regardless of strength of schedule, UNI should be nowhere near #4 in anyone's rankings! And that is coming from one of the biggest non-UNI supporters on the Panthers on AGS.