PDA

View Full Version : Seeds

kalm
November 4th, 2012, 09:28 AM
SoCon:

7-2 WC and GSU have South Carolina and Georgia left on their schedule so it doesn't look like anyone from the SoCon will finish with less than 3 losses.

In the MVFC, it's one loss NDSU with tough games remaining against 9-2 SDSU and @ 9-2 Illinois State. If the Bison win out the MVFC is a one-seed conference. If SDSU or ISU pick off the Bison it could be a two seed conference.

In the CAA you have 7-2 JMU at 6-3 Villanova and 8-1 ODU at home. ODU plays Bill and Mary next week before traveling to JMU. UNH seems to have the easiest path to a seed hosting Towson and Bill and Mary. Possible two-seed conference.

Southland: 8-2 Central Arkansas appears to be the only one with a chance (SHSU has two losses and finishes with Texas A&M). The Bears host an interesting final game with a solid Eastern Illinois who will be playing for their playoff lives. The Southland gained some cred with the committee last year with SHSU's run, so a 9-2 UCA might be in line for a seed.

BSC:

8-1 MSU hosts 3-6 Portland State and finishes at Montana. 7-2 Cal Poly plays ISU and finishes in Flagstaff against 8-1 NAU who hosts 4-6 SUU the week before. 7-2 EWU hosts Davis and finishes at PSU. It would be tough to ignore a 10-1 MSU in any scenario, but if NAU and EWU win out it will be very interesting to see what happens. Possible two - bid conference.

Anyone else in the hunt?

JMUNJ08
November 4th, 2012, 09:44 AM
You have to think if there aren't enough teams with 2 or fewer losses that a 10-1 Stony Brook or 11-0 Lehigh couldn't sneak in with or 4 or 5 seed. They are definitely at least in the discussion no matter what.

UNHWildcat18
November 4th, 2012, 09:50 AM
I think a 9-2 UNH is going to get a seed, I don't see JMU winning out, and I see Stony Brook at 10-1 also getting a seed possibly. I think colgate wins out to be PL champion. As far as the BSC we'll just have to wait to see how it pans out.

Purple Pride
November 4th, 2012, 10:56 AM
UCA is already in.

Twentysix
November 4th, 2012, 11:28 AM
UCA is already in.

Not with a Seed, UCA doesn't even have the capabilty for more than 8 DI wins. It will take alot of other teams losing games to get UCA a seed if it is even possible any longer. If UCA loses to EIU they will be playing a play in game.