vs. Big South 1-1
vs. CAA 1-3
vs. D-2 1-0
vs. Ivy 7-7
vs. MVC 0-1
vs. NEC 4-2
vs. PFL 2-0

STANDINGS:
(Patriot League W-L is listed first, followed by overall W-L)
(These are not the “official” standings because Fordham is included.)

Lehigh 4-0, 9-0
Colgate 4-0, 6-3
Fordham 2-2, 5-4
Lafayette 2-2, 5-4
Georgetown 1-3, 4-5
Bucknell 1-4, 2-7
Holy Cross 1-4, 1-8

*Ineligible for League championship and auto-bid.

ngineer
November 4th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Gotta believe that Lehigh will find a way to slow down the Raider juggernaut. Meanwhile, Lehigh offense should be on all cylinders with return of Haggins. Key will be the defense, not stopping, but getting enough stops. Part of this will be LU offense keeping the CU offense off the field, however, as we have seen Lehigh tends to cover a lot of ground quickly at times. Chagani and Loughery need to be in the lineup and healthy enough to make their usual impacts. The Lehigh DCs need to really focus on making the QB pitch the ball as the LBs are quick to cover. You have to be aggressive with the option. You have to take the option away. Can also lead to turnovers. Game at Goodman worth the usual home field 3, so I'm betting on the streak continuing. Lehigh 45-42.

Bucknell finally broke through and with GU's musical chair QB situation the Bison defense should prevail. Bison in a close one, 17-15.

After Wagner's win over Albany one doesn't know what to expect here. How will the Crusaders respond after another last second loss, two weeks in a row? I was impressed with the Holy Cross offense. I would think Gilmore keeps their heads in the game and they finally get a win. Holy Cross, 38-28.

Lafayette showing offense life of late, but which QB will Frank go with. Does it appear he's now looking to the future and ZZ Top will provide the theme music? Fordham, after blowing a sizeable lead to Bucknell last week must be reeling. Pards want to finish strong leading to #148, so I'm going with Spotted Pussies, 41-31.

Franks Tanks
November 4th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Gotta believe that Lehigh will find a way to slow down the Raider juggernaut. Meanwhile, Lehigh offense should be on all cylinders with return of Haggins. Key will be the defense, not stopping, but getting enough stops. Part of this will be LU offense keeping the CU offense off the field, however, as we have seen Lehigh tends to cover a lot of ground quickly at times. Chagani and Loughery need to be in the lineup and healthy enough to make their usual impacts. The Lehigh DCs need to really focus on making the QB pitch the ball as the LBs are quick to cover. You have to be aggressive with the option. You have to take the option away. Can also lead to turnovers. Game at Goodman worth the usual home field 3, so I'm betting on the streak continuing. Lehigh 45-42.

Bucknell finally broke through and with GU's musical chair QB situation the Bison defense should prevail. Bison in a close one, 17-15.

After Wagner's win over Albany one doesn't know what to expect here. How will the Crusaders respond after another last second loss, two weeks in a row? I was impressed with the Holy Cross offense. I would think Gilmore keeps their heads in the game and they finally get a win. Holy Cross, 38-28.

Lafayette showing offense life of late, but which QB will Frank go with. Does it appear he's now looking to the future and ZZ Top will provide the theme music? Fordham, after blowing a sizeable lead to Bucknell last week must be reeling. Pards want to finish strong leading to #148, so I'm going with Spotted Pussies, 41-31.

Why do you believe that? Lehigh just gave up 35 to Holy Cross.

BTW Colgate doesn't run the option. I don't believe McCarney pitched the ball once all day. It is zone read out of the shotgun all day with some play action passes mixed in.

Hawk98
November 4th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Lehigh keeps winning in stressful ways, this time in a last team with the ball shootout. Hawks 59 - Raiders 56.
Georgetown defends their home turf, keeping the chance of a above .500 season alive. Hoyas 21 - Bison 16.
Holy Cross invents a new way to lose, giving up a safety late to lose. Seahawks 23 - Crusaders 21
Lafayette looks past Fordham, since they have nothing left to play for. Rams 31 - Leopards 16.

CFBfan
November 4th, 2012, 09:43 AM

BTW Colgate doesn't run the option. I don't believe McCarney pitched the ball once all day. It is zone read out of the shotgun all day with some play action passes mixed in.

Colgate will likely hang 49 plus on LU. Hawks ONLY shot is to out score them and good luck with that. And just to echo Frank, the zone read is NOT the option

CFBfan
November 4th, 2012, 09:44 AM

Colgate will likely hang 49 plus on LU. Hawks ONLY shot is to out score them and good luck with that. And just to echo Frank, the zone read is NOT the option

LehighU11
November 4th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Lehigh keeps winning in stressful ways, this time in a last team with the ball shootout. Hawks 59 - Raiders 56.

I'm more inclined to think there will be close to 120 points put up in this one. 59-56 LU sounds about right to me.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 4th, 2012, 10:11 AM
I'm more inclined to think there will be close to 120 points put up in this one. 59-56 LU sounds about right to me.

I honestly don't think it's going to be quite that high scoring. The winner will have between 35-42 points imo. Offense wins games, defense wins championships....

Everyone thought last years Lehigh-HC game was going to be a shootout and it ended up 14-7...

carney2
November 4th, 2012, 11:34 AM
which QB will Frank go with

Barring injury the curtain has come down on the Andrew Shoop era at Lafayette.

Engineer86
November 4th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Line all the offensive and defensive stats up and you get a 31-31 tie, with Gate out gaining LU 430-408. I will take Lehigh due purely to thenhomefield advantage.

Fordham over LC, 3 game losing streak with the bags packed going into LU game

GTown over BU

RichH2
November 4th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Give me the over on Gate Lehigh.
LU
Hoyas
Rams
Crusaders

Gate same basic O difference this yr qb more experienced and Oline is dominant.
Key for LU is to stalemate the line of scrimmage. Both Os rely on big plays. Gate much more consistently than LU. We need a consistent game. Attack qb force him to pass not run. Gate D porous. Biddle doesn't care. He relies on opponent's mistakes for stops. Doesn't care if you score as he figures Gate will score practically every time. We have to run clock and make some stops.

Pard4Life
November 4th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Barring injury the curtain has come down on the Andrew Shoop era at Lafayette.

Maybe it's not a bad thing given his panicking and indecision last year at Saucon.

van
November 4th, 2012, 01:11 PM
LEHIGH, homer pick, no conviction, but I'll be there to see it
GEORGETOWN, no conviction, going with home team
HOLY CROSS, not sure how good Wagner is, but Cross offense is pretty good
FORDHAM, they are just better

Hawk98
November 4th, 2012, 01:18 PM
What would the o/u on Lehigh/Colgate be? 99.5?

RichH2
November 4th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Over bound to be a mythical number. 99.5 would be lowest I would give.

carney2
November 4th, 2012, 03:28 PM
COLGATE @ LEHIGH - The Squawks will not keep up in the mad rush to spin that out of date Badman scoreboard into a smoldering pile of rubble.

BUCKNELL @ GEORGETOWN - One League win for the Buffaloes is inconceivable. Two will not happen.

HOLY CROSS @ Wagner - The Crossers are one of the worst teams I've seen this year. Wagner just beat a very good Albany eleven. 'saders on the road ain't gonna happen.

LAFAYETTE @ FORDHAM - After watching Tavani's incompetence this season, and particularly the last two weeks, I wouldn't pick the Pards against your grandmother and 10 of her buds from the home.

Lehigh'98
November 4th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Lehigh 42-21, handles business this week.
Georgetown 24-10, better team wins
Wagner 31-21, tough ooc opponent, Cross letdown
4 dumb rams 27-9, stick a fork in Pards

CHIP72
November 4th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Lehigh 51 Colgate 48
Fordham 34 Lafayette 24
Georgetown 20 Bucknell 17
Wagner 31 Holy Cross 24

Lafalumni29
November 4th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Ha! Looks like the brown colored glasses are on this week!!

RichH2
November 4th, 2012, 06:05 PM
And why shouldn't they be? Gate fans will pick their team which will likely be favored. Will be a battle hinging on our D.

RichH2
November 4th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Massey picks up.
LU 37-35
GU 21-14
FU 28-24
W 21-13

Well certainly does back up parity. All close games.

BucBisonAtLarge
November 4th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Taking my break from reading the ESPN college basketball preseason magazine (my edition has the last team the Bison beat on the cover-Arizona):
Colgate 38 Lehigh 35 This game will likely go to the last possession. The Brown Stuff has found a way to win each week, but has been unconvincing. The Raiders winning will cause tremors elsewhere, so let's talk that up.
Fordham 27 Lafayette 20 Can the Rams lose again in-conference? No. I am personally grateful they occupy a place on the Bison schedule each year.
Holy Cross 24 Wagner 21 I would really hate it if Bucknell remains the lone W on the HC record, but I am really counting on some sort of Wagner collapse, post-Albany.
Bucknell 27 Georgetown 22 The Bison have been able to win against the Hoya, home and away, and it would be hard to be complacent. The Bison have been a tough out all season, and that young O-line has had two weeks of relative success.

I was posting on another board about the PL hoops season and found myself grasping for any insight or words about Colgate basketball, beyond the sort of trite negative nonsense I often read here about Bison football. I was a little humbled in the realization, and began pulling for Raider hoops.

Pard4Life
November 4th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Bison, this is a football-themed board... we know you Lewisburgians are hoops crazy, but it's still pigskin season.

Pard4Life
November 4th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Let's go Gate.. Lehigh's shortcomings finally come to the fore. There is no margin for error against the Raiders. After seeing Lehigh's defense and the Colgate OL, 50 is very likely. The pressure is on Lehigh to keep up.

RichH2
November 4th, 2012, 07:09 PM
P4L we s/b charitable to our Bucknellians. Bad football and the deluded idea that they can win PL this yr.

Pard4Life
November 4th, 2012, 07:22 PM
P4L we s/b charitable to our Bucknellians. Bad football and the deluded idea that they can win PL this yr.

They will win the PL this year.

RichH2
November 4th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Boy you are in a bad mood. At this rate you'll be suicidal after losing again to us.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 4th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Boy you are in va bad mood. At this rate you'll be suicidal after losing again to us.

Bad mood? I can't believe he hasn't chimed in about McCollum making first team AA.

Pard is incapable of providing legit commentary about Lehigh athletics.

CHIP72
November 4th, 2012, 07:51 PM

In all seriousness, Bucknell could win the Patriot League regular season title in men's basketball this season; they did last season and I think they return a decent number of key guys. Of course, Lehigh may carry a psychological advantage over the Bison when they play, having beaten Bucknell in Lewisburg twice last season (something I didn't think was possible but I saw with my own eyes on TV both times).

American is another team that could be a serious threat. They finished a strong 3rd with a relatively young team last season and that pain in the butt Stephen Lumpkins gave up baseball and will be back in NW DC for his final season of basketball eligibility.

As someone who grew up in the Lehigh Valley and doesn't take sides in the Lehigh-Lafayette rivalry because I went to neither school (and therefore roots for both - I know, sacrilege to some), I hope Fran O'Hanlon can get his team to take a step forward this year and be a serious PL threat.

ngineer
November 4th, 2012, 08:01 PM
I honestly don't think it's going to be quite that high scoring. The winner will have between 35-42 points imo. Offense wins games, defense wins championships....

Everyone thought last years Lehigh-HC game was going to be a shootout and it ended up 14-7...

That's a good observation...I do recall everyone saying last year's HC game would be a high scoring affair. And considering all that is at stake, you could see a bit more conservative approach by both teams avoiding the pushing the envelope and limiting risks. My understanding of CU's offense is that while not an "option" is is based upon the QB and RB working reading the defense and deciding who ultimately gets the ball. Regardless, not allowing the luxury of time, I still think the best approach would be running a 'run blitz' with frequency. We should be able to rely on an experienced secondary to allow the LBs to focus, first, on stopping the run. Yes, this will result in some 'big gainers' at times for the Raiders, but overall, we know we aren't going to pitch a shutout, but need to slow them down. Colgate has more at stake than Lehigh in this game. It is the only way they get to the playoffs. While both teams want the championship, I think Colgate will be more desperate and liable to make more mistakes, hence the need to pressure them and help that to occur.

ngineer
November 4th, 2012, 08:03 PM
In all seriousness, Bucknell could win the Patriot League regular season title in men's basketball this season; they did last season and I think they return a decent number of key guys. Of course, Lehigh may carry a psychological advantage over the Bison when they play, having beaten Bucknell in Lewisburg twice last season (something I didn't think was possible but I saw with my own eyes on TV both times).

American is another team that could be a serious threat. They finished a strong 3rd with a relatively young team last season and that pain in the butt Stephen Lumpkins gave up baseball and will be back in NW DC for his final season of basketball eligibility.

As someone who grew up in the Lehigh Valley and doesn't take sides in the Lehigh-Lafayette rivalry because I went to neither school (and therefore roots for both - I know, sacrilege to some), I hope Fran O'Hanlon can get his team to take a step forward this year and be a serious PL threat.

HIJACK ALERT. STOP, NOW OR HAVE THIS REMOVED TO THE "OTHER SPORTS" FORUM....(;-)

Go...gate
November 4th, 2012, 08:03 PM
The two schools have petitioned the NCAA to change the rules this week to "first team to 100 points wins".

Go...gate
November 4th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Funny how Bucknell's win also confirms the idiocy of the PL's decision not to let Fordham contend for the conference championship.

ngineer
November 4th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Maybe it's not a bad thing given his panicking and indecision last year at Saucon.

I think it's a good idea for Frank to go with ZZ now and get ready for '13; however, as a Senior, think he might let Shoop start to redeem from last year with a chance to go out as winning 'the big one' and if it's not working, then he can go to ZZ knowing he gave Shoop the shot.

RichH2
November 4th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Great line GO.

ngineer
November 4th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Funny how Bucknell's win also confirms the idiocy of the PL's decision not to let Fordham contend for the conference championship.

Don't they come back into eligibility next year?

Go...gate
November 4th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Don't they come back into eligibility next year?

If they don't, they should.

RichH2
November 4th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Yes Rams in 2013.

BucBisonAtLarge
November 4th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Bison, this is a football-themed board... we know you Lewisburgians are hoops crazy, but it's still pigskin season.
Yeah, I know... I haven't missed the theme on the board. I was working the stereotype. I haven't even cracked the copy of ESPN. And it is 'Lewisburger'.

Don't miss Friday night's (informal) Patriot League-Big Ten Hoops Challenge-
Bucknell @ Purdue
Colgate @ Illinois
American @ Minnesota

just upholding my end of the PL rainbow here...

LehighU11
November 5th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Yeah, I know... I haven't missed the theme on the board. I was working the stereotype. I haven't even cracked the copy of ESPN. And it is 'Lewisburger'.

Bucknell @ Purdue
Colgate @ Illinois
American @ Minnesota

just upholding my end of the PL rainbow here...

Um, Lehigh at Baylor on Friday night?

jimbo65
November 5th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Lehigh over Colgate

GTown over Bucknell

Wagner over HC IMO best bet of the week.

Fordham over Lafayette

CFBfan
November 5th, 2012, 08:09 AM

on the other hand, if FU did a better job with the clear advantage they have had wouldn't most people be screaming unfair!! if they won a title or 2 this year and or the last 2?? especialy those fans in the valley???

bison137
November 5th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Bucknell @ Purdue
Colgate @ Illinois
American @ Minnesota

just upholding my end of the PL rainbow here..

Um, Lehigh at Baylor on Friday night?

Last I looked, Baylor hadn't moved to the Big Ten yet.

crusader11
November 5th, 2012, 10:51 AM

Why Bucknell basketball will win the Patriot League...(taken from an article I am in the middle of writing)

Truth be told, it is a flip of a coin between Bucknell and Lehigh—the teams are that close to each other. Both clubs have their marquee player returning—if you haven’t heard of C.J. McCollum and Mike Muscala by this point just throw in the towel and call it quits—and most of their supporting cast returns as well. It is staggering to compare the roster turnover and percent of points returning for both teams. Graduation claimed one starter from Bucknell (Bryan Cohen) and one for Lehigh (Jordan Hamilton), and Bucknell returns 78% of their scoring with Lehigh returning 82%.

One would think the slight edge should be given to Lehigh, considering they won the season series last year and were the team who advanced to the NCAA Tournament and knocked off Duke, after all. Not to mention, they have a future Lottery pick on their roster in McCollum. That being said, I like Bucknell by the slightest of margins. Here’s why…
Despite graduating Bryan Cohen—the best defender in the Patriot League the past three seasons—who did an admirable job defending McCollum in all three meetings (McCollum shot just a shade over 40% from the field), Lehigh loses three players who saw significant minutes last year. The aforementioned Jordan Hamilton, along with Justin Maneri and John Adams will need to be replaced. To make matters even dicier for Doctor Brett Reed, the preceding three players all were integral pieces of his frontcourt. All of a sudden, the Mountain Hawks’ frontcourt is very thin and where the production comes from outside of Holdren Greiner and Gabe Knutson is unknown. It looked like highly regarded freshman Jesse Chuku would be able to step in right away and contribute, but he has been declared ineligible for his freshman season due to his schooling while living in the United Kingdom.

McCollum will get his points—he always does—but aside from Greiner and Knutson Lehigh’s frontcourt is a total mystery. Conroy Baltimore, a rising sophomore who averaged a mere 4.9 minutes and 1.4 points last year, is the only other forward with significant game experience.

Meanwhile, the clear strength of Bucknell is their frontcourt as they return Muscala, along with Joe Willman, Brian Fitzpatrick, and expect freshman Dom Hoffman to step in and contribute from day one.

Simply put, there is less room for error in Bethlehem compared to Lewisburg.

Okay, back to football.

RichH2
November 5th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Of the various PL previews funny how all those picking LU are derided by Bison as shoddy while those picking BU are stellar. Just saying.

TheValleyRaider
November 5th, 2012, 03:42 PM
2-1 last week, up to 35-15 on the year

Colgate at Lehigh Colgate Just like old times. The Raiders and Mountain Hawks square off for the Patriot League crown and autobid to the postseason. Certainly the pressure is further on Colgate as they need that autobid, a 1-loss Lehigh looking fairly safe for a spot. The West Virginia of FCS rolls on, piling up school records in yards and points on offense behind probably Offensive player of the year Gavin McCarney. The defense, meanwhile, continues to struggle. I would be wrong not to mention that our lack of experience in close games (0-1 in 1-score games) bothers me, especially compared to Lehigh's (5-0). That being said, should those games have been close for Lehigh? The Hawks are also -7 in turnovers, while Colgate sits at +5 with 11 interceptions. Are turnovers the big difference in a close game? The last class to graduate Colgate without a Patriot League title came in 1997, and here's believing that 2013 is not the next

Bucknell at Georgetown Georgetown Two teams struggling through the season, already looking towards the opening of the basketball campaign. Bucknell posted a big win, stopping scholarshipped Fordham, while the Hoyas have been unable to build on the success of their previous season's wild ride, though do have a recent victory over Lafayette to crow about. How then to judge this game? The Bison have won 4 in a row in this battle, and while those were not particularly good Hoya teams, BU's squads were likewise little to write home about. This was actually a difficult game to pick, but I will lean towards the Hoyas snapping their streak against Bucknell on the MSF turf

Holy Cross at Wagner Wagner HC loses another close one, just one of those years where nothing breaks your way. The Saders though continue to play hard, which should bode well going into 2013. Wagner meanwhile just got a huge win against Albany, and you have to wonder if maybe they wind up riding a bit too high in the aftermath. Or perhaps this is a sleeping Wagner team that is putting everything together at the right time (remember they also lost to Georgetown earlier this year (but perhaps the Hoyas are better than the Cross?)). Either way (or any way) you look at it, it would be hard to go against the home team at this point

Lafayette at Fordham Fordham I think the other shoe has dropped on Lafayette. Or perhaps my believing in Lafayette. Whichever way, luck may have run out on the Leopards. Speaking of luck, Fordham dropped a close game (I remember highlighting their strong record in tight games last week), but still appears much improved from their 2011 form. With the Rams trending upward and playing at home, and the Leopards sliding down, fairly easy pick to take Fordham here. This of course means that Lafayette will rediscover their groove and thump the Bronxers. Moral of the story: never bet for or against Lafayette under any circumstance

Pard4Life
November 5th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Lehigh will lose the last two games and be on the bubble...

Engineer86
November 5th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Lehigh will lose the last two games and be on the bubble...

... Says the fan of the team that is in free fal

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2012, 05:19 PM

He's just hoping again. He hasn't predicted a thing right about Lehigh since he's been here...

LehighU11
November 5th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Last I looked, Baylor hadn't moved to the Big Ten yet.

Sorry about that, didn't catch the "Big Ten" title you clearly stated. I have a feeling one of those PL-Big Ten matchups or Lehigh-Baylor will result in an upset win.

Pard4Life
November 5th, 2012, 07:18 PM
He's just hoping again. He hasn't predicted a thing right about Lehigh since he's been here...

You may need to check your records on that one...

Pard4Life
November 5th, 2012, 07:20 PM

We are not exactly YSU. We saw this coming, but the Georgetown loss was disappointing. We will still get you though...

Engineer86
November 5th, 2012, 07:24 PM
We are not exactly YSU. We saw this coming, but the Georgetown loss was disappointing. We will still get you though...

Please hold your breath xnodx

Ivytalk
November 5th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Colgate
Fordham
Georgetown
Wagner

Pard4Life
November 5th, 2012, 09:56 PM
The good part about Lafayette laying down defensively is that Lehigh will not be able to deduce anything about the Pards while watching the Colgate tape this week.

ngineer
November 5th, 2012, 10:22 PM
The good part about Lafayette laying down defensively is that Lehigh will not be able to deduce anything about the Pards while watching the Colgate tape this week.

I guess the only thing we'll be able to deduce is that Laughyette is a good lay...

Pard4Life
November 5th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Lame.

RichH2
November 5th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Damn, come in with my coffee check in and there goes my cup. LMAO.
Poor Pard, so outnumbered. n remember when there only a few LU posters here. So many new names. Nice change , even if a few are a tad hyperbolic. Guess it goes to balance out my Irish charm.

BucBisonAtLarge
November 5th, 2012, 11:44 PM
I apologize for goading the hoops hijacking. Perhaps it was a dive for momentary relevance... But here we are, eleven days out, and the LU-LC seizure of any slightly related thread to hurl hairballs and mud has begun. Tradition!
xpopcornx

PJ McJorma
November 6th, 2012, 01:21 AM
Colgate 38 - Lehigh 35 OT
Holy Cross 28 - Wagner 27
Georgetown 17 - Bucknell 14
Fordham 31 - Lafayette 28 OT

van
November 6th, 2012, 06:44 AM
I guess the only thing we'll be able to deduce is that Laughyette is a good lay...

+1

van
November 6th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Lame.

a lame lay? OK, I can see that!

van
November 6th, 2012, 06:46 AM
I apologize for goading the hoops hijacking. Perhaps it was a dive for momentary relevance... But here we are, eleven days out, and the LU-LC seizure of any slightly related thread to hurl hairballs and mud has begun. Tradition!
xpopcornx

You ain't seen nothin yet!

The Cats
November 6th, 2012, 06:50 AM
COLGATE @ LEHIGH
BUCKNELL @ GEORGETOWN
HOLY CROSS @ Wagner
LAFAYETTE @ FORDHAM

ColgateTD
November 6th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Before we make any more predictions I want to express my respects to the Leopards. They showed me they are a great team despite the 'Gate win. You guys have an excellent QB in ZZ and your lines both looked up to the task, even though our Irish backfield found some seams and our O line was able to do its job. Obviously we were/are hurting on D and the Pards were able to exploit that with some excellent passing and drives on the ground.

You have a very talented team; I would say you will make the 148th a classic, no matter what happens this weekend. I was sorry not to meet P4L or Carney at Andy Kerr Stadium's concession stand. Was really looking forward to meeting the faces behind the posts. Good luck the rest of the way.

Engineer86
November 6th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Weather is looking good form Saturday once the Nor'easter passes through, assuming it does not do to much damage, it should be a great fall day for football. It should be a good crowd there.

carney2
November 6th, 2012, 10:49 AM
I was sorry not to meet P4L or Carney at Andy Kerr Stadium's concession stand. Was really looking forward to meeting the faces behind the posts.

My buds and I make at least one road trip per year (two this year) but there is an unwritten rule that we wouldn't try driving to the Tundra on either day of a Hamilton summer, let alone in November. The concession stand at Andy Kerr is to me like the bazaar in Tehran - a place I will never experience. Anyway, thank you for your kind words. No one on the Lafayette board has expressed anything of the sort. Lots of tar, feathers and pitchforks being assembled for the raid on Bourger Varsity House.

Oh yeah, I also am expecting a competitive 148th on the 17th despite all the vitriol I heap on the team and its leaders.

One more oh yeah - I know P4L and I'm pretty sure that these are two faces you never want to encounter if you hope to sleep well ever again.

DFW HOYA
November 6th, 2012, 11:01 AM
My buds and I make at least one road trip per year (two this year) but there is an unwritten rule that we wouldn't try driving to the Tundra on either day of a Hamilton summer, let alone in November. The concession stand at Andy Kerr is to me like the bazaar in Tehran - a place I will never experience.

Did you ever make it to a game in D.C.?

Pard4Life
November 6th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Before we make any more predictions I want to express my respects to the Leopards. They showed me they are a great team despite the 'Gate win. You guys have an excellent QB in ZZ and your lines both looked up to the task, even though our Irish backfield found some seams and our O line was able to do its job. Obviously we were/are hurting on D and the Pards were able to exploit that with some excellent passing and drives on the ground.

You have a very talented team; I would say you will make the 148th a classic, no matter what happens this weekend. I was sorry not to meet P4L or Carney at Andy Kerr Stadium's concession stand. Was really looking forward to meeting the faces behind the posts. Good luck the rest of the way.

Hope you guys win this weekend. Your offense is probably the best to come through the PL in awhile, even better than last year's Lehigh team.

Our performance was good, and I'm not as dejected as others over this past week. Odds of winning were long and you would score points. I'm glad we found our QB. I still say the jury is out on ZZ given your reputation to give up points, but the plays developed fast, he sold fakes extremely well, did not flinch on blitzes, and made good throws.

I've never been to Colgate and not solely due to the tundra. I do not want to drive an hour on rural route 12 driving 45mph to watch us throw away another game, freeze, and have to drive back. If you were off of 81 maybe.

carney2
November 6th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Did you ever make it to a game in D.C.?

Not yet, but things have changed since I now have access to free lodging in the area. I am not, however, in love with the idea of spending a night in the DC lockup after I curse and rage yet again at Tavani's annual idiocy in this game.

LehighFan11
November 6th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Hey all - it has been a long time since I posted on AGS (due to lack of free time in the real world), but I still love to use AGS to keep me in the FCS loop. Anyway, naturally I missed the crazy early deadline to get Lehigh/Laf tickets. Does anyone have extras? I would be interested in up to 4. Please PM me, thanks!

RichH2
November 6th, 2012, 06:38 PM
I'll ask around among the geratric crowd for you. Great seats with the old fogies. Any luck I'll pm you here.

PAllen
November 6th, 2012, 08:43 PM
COLGATE @ LEHIGH
BUCKNELL @ GEORGETOWN
HOLY CROSS @ Wagner
LAFAYETTE @ FORDHAM

+1

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Hey all - it has been a long time since I posted on AGS (due to lack of free time in the real world), but I still love to use AGS to keep me in the FCS loop. Anyway, naturally I missed the crazy early deadline to get Lehigh/Laf tickets. Does anyone have extras? I would be interested in up to 4. Please PM me, thanks!

There are still tix available via the box office. Just call Lafayette.

ColgateTD
November 7th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Lafayette - showed me talent last week; they should down the Rams, 31-17
Georgetown - just not Bucknells' year - Hoyas 28-7
Wagner - would like to go with HC but have little faith in the Saders at this point - Wagner, 17-14
Colgate - this is a case of all things being equal when one considers the total package. It comes down to: can the Engineer's defense contain the 'Gate offense. The Hawks are going to score on a D that has proven itself totally leaky. If the Hawks D can somehow thwart the Raiders O, this could be a win for LU. At the end of the day it's a homer pick, I'd say 36-33.

35-13

LehighFan11
November 7th, 2012, 05:27 PM
There are still tix available via the box office. Just call Lafayette.

Thanks, ordered from there. I figured if Lehigh was sold out, Lafayette would be too, whoops.

Fordham
November 8th, 2012, 06:48 PM
any Pards making the trip up to the beautiful Bronx this weekend?

Pard4Life
November 8th, 2012, 07:03 PM
any Pards making the trip up to the beautiful Bronx this weekend?

NYC is still a mess, no?

Lehigh'98
November 8th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Yes if you come make sure you have plenty of gas in your car. If you wanna make a couple xtra $ bring some barrels full of it.

BucBisonAtLarge
November 8th, 2012, 10:11 PM
OK, would just one person look at the season that has been, the particular recent history in the Bucknell-Georgetown series, then explain to me the collective confidence in this thread that the Hoya are a lock on Saturday?

The Bison have not lost in DC for 10 years-- the two losses in the last nine years were in Lewisburg, the most recent in 2007. (7-3 in the last 10 years)
The Bison beat Marist. The Hoya beat Davidson. PFL victories.
The Hoyas beat Wagner. Bucknell has Bryant awaiting--The NEC games on the schedule--
Bucknell beat Fordham. Bucknell lost to Lafayette. Georgetown beat Lafayette and lost to Fordham.
Georgetown beat Princeton, and two IL losses in Yale and Brown. Bucknell lost to Cornell and Harvard, and had a loss at Delaware in lieu of the third IL game.

So yes, I am a Bison fan, hopelessly sotted with basketball (you know how we all are... just read this board...), but please, enlighten me.

CFBfan
November 9th, 2012, 07:06 AM
OK, would just one person look at the season that has been, the particular recent history in the Bucknell-Georgetown series, then explain to me the collective confidence in this thread that the Hoya are a lock on Saturday?

The Bison have not lost in DC for 10 years-- the two losses in the last nine years were in Lewisburg, the most recent in 2007. (7-3 in the last 10 years)
The Bison beat Marist. The Hoya beat Davidson. PFL victories.
The Hoyas beat Wagner. Bucknell has Bryant awaiting--The NEC games on the schedule--
Bucknell beat Fordham. Bucknell lost to Lafayette. Georgetown beat Lafayette and lost to Fordham.
Georgetown beat Princeton, and two IL losses in Yale and Brown. Bucknell lost to Cornell and Harvard, and had a loss at Delaware in lieu of the third IL game.

So yes, I am a Bison fan, hopelessly sotted with basketball (you know how we all are... just read this board...), but please, enlighten me.

because the bison pretty muck suk

Pard4Life
November 9th, 2012, 12:04 PM
1-2 last week; first losing week of the year... I forget my collective record but I'm probably still in front...

Colgate 52, Lehigh 38... Wow, what a game. Who will show? Who will put their nefarious reputation to rest: inconsistent and mistake-prone Colvin, or the porous Raiders defense? The Colgate OL is quietly the best group in the PL. The offense is the best in the league since... awhile. McCarney can run, throw, or hand it off. The burden is on Colgate's defense, which showed no sign of stopping LC despite their mission to hold the Pards under 40. Only LC mistakes prevented them from getting in the 60s as well. That said, Colvin does make mistakes. Colgate has not been stopped. And Princeton pushed around Lehigh in the trenches. The trend continues, despite the close history between the two. Colgate will not necessarily stop Lehigh, but turnovers will...

Bucknell 21, Georgetown 14... Mystery game of the week. Have to believe the Bison defense will shut-down the challenged Hoyas.

Wagner 28, Holy Cross 14... HC will be emotionally spent after their narrow loss and Wagner is playing for something greater than themselves right now.

Lafayette 34, Fordham 21... I made a snarky comment on the Lafayette board that when the Pards "finally go off on somebody," as Tavani said weeks ago, it would be the scout team. Well, I think that team is Fordham. The OL is quietly showing consistency by putting together three straight 100+ yard rushing games. ZZ has shown to be clutch (but honestly, everyone looks good against Colgate). Have we seen a change in tone on offense? Despite the bellowing at LC and everyone writing off the Pards, we are showing positive signs. I can't believe the defense will let last week sit well with them. And, Fordham lost a game it should not have... Pards have the mental edge.

DFW HOYA
November 9th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Bucknell 21, Georgetown 14... Mystery game of the week. Have to believe the Bison defense will shut-down the challenged Hoyas.

Keep underselling Georgetown..the second ranked PL rushing offense.

Sader87
November 9th, 2012, 12:31 PM
1-2 again last week...faltering as the season comes to a merciful close, 32-16 on the year.

Penultimate week:

PL Championship (for all intents and purposes):

Lehigh 38 Colgate 35 Conventional wisdom seems to say Red Raiders but I like the Engineers pulling this out at home.

Georgetown 24 Bucknell 16 Bucknell returns to its usual ways this week.

Fordham 31 Lafayette 24 This will actually be a pretty good game I think...again it being in the Bronx, I'll go with the Rams.

Wagner 28 HC 24 Only the 2nd time this year I haven't gone with the Saders (Harvard being the other)...think they shot their load last week and Wagner is looking to stay sharp.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Holy Cross 27 Wagner 24 - Both teams could be facing a let down after big games last weekend.

Georgetown 20 Bucknell 17 - this should be a slugfest. I'll take the Hoyas as they attempt to end the year with a winning record.

Fordham 42 Lafayette 38 - this should be a fun game to watch. The Rams loss to BU is a bit disconcerning.

Lehigh 45 Colgate 35 - Lehigh is the more well rounded team imo. The defense absolutely has to play better than last week though.

RichH2
November 9th, 2012, 01:17 PM
D must have gap discipline, totally missing last week. If we can hold them to 35 and avoid 3rd lull and unforced errors we can win. A lot to ask..

Fordham
November 9th, 2012, 01:22 PM
NYC is still a mess, no?

It's fine as long as you have a full tank or at least enough gas to make it back home

CFBfan
November 9th, 2012, 01:24 PM
D must have gap discipline, totally missing last week. If we can hold them to 35 and avoid 3rd lull and unforced errors we can win. A lot to ask..

yes but, LU D is better then Colgate D that said, the Gate O is dirty!! they can put up points fast and often

Pard4Life
November 9th, 2012, 01:32 PM

If you are even questioning your gap assignments, you are in huge trouble. Lafayette did not do this well and was burned badly.

Pard4Life
November 9th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Keep underselling Georgetown..the second ranked PL rushing offense.

Even more confident in the Bison now because stopping the run is their bread-n-butter. If I can recall correctly, Colgate's least effective rushing output was against the Bison.

Pard4Life
November 9th, 2012, 01:36 PM
I think Bogie is living in a hotel or a tent this week... so no sportsbook lines I gather... unless somebody knows where they are?

Franks Tanks
November 9th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Holy Cross 27 Wagner 24 - Both teams could be facing a let down after big games last weekend.

Georgetown 20 Bucknell 17 - this should be a slugfest. I'll take the Hoyas as they attempt to end the year with a winning record.

Fordham 42 Lafayette 38 - this should be a fun game to watch. The Rams loss to BU is a bit disconcerning.

Lehigh 45 Colgate 35 - Lehigh is the more well rounded team imo. The defense absolutely has to play better than last week though.

Holy Cross scored what 35 against Lehigh last week, so I think Lehigh will have one hell of a time holding Colgate to just 35. Holy Cross btw scored just one offensive TD against Lafayette, the 2nd came on a kickoff return. We know what Colgate did to the Lafayette D last week.

RichH2
November 9th, 2012, 02:32 PM
P4L
Yup if we play as undisciplined as last week Gate could easily put up 50.
Bogie did post site info once but not exact address, I'll try to find it.
Is Bogie OK?

Franks Tanks
November 9th, 2012, 02:36 PM
P4L
Yup if we play as undisciplined as last week Gate could easily put up 50.
Bogie did post site info once but not exact address, I'll try to find it.
Is Bogie OK?

Bogie has been without power.. I know you guys miss him

RichH2
November 9th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Dont tell anyone but I do. Hope he and family get power soon.

Pard4Life
November 9th, 2012, 02:59 PM

I wonder if there is some sort of universal will against him... storm strikes immeadiately after G'town debacle.

van
November 9th, 2012, 03:24 PM

Hope he recovers soon, would hate to miss his wit next week!

Engineer86
November 9th, 2012, 03:28 PM

I told the guy to knock out his power next week. We engineers have generators. :D

Sader87
November 9th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Holy Cross scored what 35 against Lehigh last week, so I think Lehigh will have one hell of a time holding Colgate to just 35. Holy Cross btw scored just one offensive TD against Lafayette, the 2nd came on a kickoff return. We know what Colgate did to the Lafayette D last week.

HC actually has a decent offense most weeks...though it did lay an egg at Lafayette this year.

HC also played Colgate pretty tough at Colgate....down just 3 going into the 4th quarter.

Just sayin....having seen both LU and CU, not much difference between the 2...it'll probably come down to turnovers.

carney2
November 9th, 2012, 08:38 PM
I think Bogie is living in a hotel or a tent this week... so no sportsbook lines I gather... unless somebody knows where they are?

So, we make up our own:

Lehigh 3 over Colgate

Georgetown 8 over Bucknell

Wagner 6 over Holy Cross

Fordham 3 over Lafayette

LehighU11
November 9th, 2012, 09:26 PM
So, we make up our own

Sportsbet
Lehigh -3 Colgate
Georgetown -5 Bucknell
Fordham -4 Lafayette
Wagner -15 Holy Cross

RichH2
November 9th, 2012, 09:50 PM
I like your points. If some favorifes sin, hope LU one of thsm.

Go...gate
November 9th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Lehigh 55, Colgate 44

Georgetown 23, Bucknell 17

Wagner 24, Holy Cross 23

Fordham 31, Lafayette 27

Lehigh Football Nation
November 10th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Lehigh 41, Colgate 38
Georgetown 30, Bucknell 7
Holy Cross 28, Wagner 10
Fordham 35, Lafayette 14

CFBfan
November 10th, 2012, 09:18 AM
HC actually has a decent offense most weeks...though it did lay an egg at Lafayette this year.

HC also played Colgate pretty tough at Colgate....down just 3 going into the 4th quarter.

Just sayin....having seen both LU and CU, not much difference between the 2...it'll probably come down to turnovers.
I have also seen both, look at the GU score against both of them. Not even close

Engineer86
November 10th, 2012, 10:15 AM
I have also seen both, look at the GU score against both of them. Not even close

Yea but we would have killed you without the TOs :D

Lehigh'98
November 10th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Turnovers are part of the game.

LUHawker
November 10th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Colgate just couldnt be stopped in the 2nd half. This loss is squarely on the coaches for that idiot onsides kick decision that shifted momentum and gave Colgate life when they were down 14-0. So stupid.

danefan
November 10th, 2012, 02:33 PM
I had a feeling HC would beat Wagner.

Congrats to Gate!

Sader87
November 10th, 2012, 03:19 PM
I had a feeling HC would beat Wagner.

Congrats to Gate!

Wish they had....I've never seen a season anything like this....could really easily be 6-4....sit at 1-9

Gater
November 10th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Boy, it wouldn't take a lot for Holy Cross to be 6-4. Tough year for those guys. Albany needed to play Wagner early and Youngstown late. Seems like Albany's best years are to come. If you keep Ford and have that stadium to recruit, you guys will be great.

danefan
November 10th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Wish they had....I've never seen a season anything like this....could really easily be 6-4....sit at 1-9

Unbelievable result! Wagner mhas something on their side this year.

danefan
November 10th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Boy, it wouldn't take a lot for Holy Cross to be 6-4. Tough year for those guys. Albany needed to play Wagner early and Youngstown late. Seems like Albany's best years are to come. If you keep Ford and have that stadium to recruit, you guys will be great.

We just played a horrendous first half against Wagner and couldn't recover. I can see Duquesne beating Wagner next week so we might get a Colgate vs Albany rematch after all.

crusader11
November 10th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Holy Cross inventing a new way to lose every week. It truly is amazing to watch. Feel bad for the team, but think they'll be fine next year. Really not a whole lot of difference between HC and the top of the PL this year (Gate & Lehigh).

Sader87
November 10th, 2012, 03:27 PM
I just watched the 2nd H but Wagner didn't impress at all...I can see today's game being sort of a "trap game" for them...but they aren't anywhere near the level of some of the teams we've played this year overall.

Ivytalk
November 10th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Colgate
Fordham
Georgetown
Wagner

4 for 4! Only 1-3 in the Ivy picks, though.xbangx

Fordham
November 11th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Any Pard posters make the trip?

Thought you guys took it to us in the first half. Was very happy to see us make such good halftime adjustments though and come out fired up in the second half. Yet another dramatic difference between this year and last.

Can't believe how tough your #8 was at QB. We had a DL who is 6'7 275 who had a helmet on helmet hit in him with a running start late in the game. As brutal a hit as I've seen and there was a 5 minute break in the game while they attended to him. In the stands we were saying that he was going to be done through next week for sure. Then, one series later Shoop gets tripped up on a sack and goes out limping and here comes #8. I was stunned. Tough kid but hope he was ok to go back in.

Also heard Tavani's post game iview. Sounds like some seniors broke curfew. He sounded very disappointed in his upperclass leadership.

CFBfan
November 11th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Holy Cross inventing a new way to lose every week. It truly is amazing to watch. Feel bad for the team, but think they'll be fine next year. Really not a whole lot of difference between HC and the top of the PL this year (Gate & Lehigh).

Not sure how you call 8 less wins "not a whole lot of difference". That's a huge difference!

Sader87
November 11th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Not sure how you call 8 less wins "not a whole lot of difference". That's a huge difference!

Fairly simple really.

League games:

Lehigh 36 HC 35 (miss 43 yd FG at end, led 35-23 in 4th)
Fordham 36 HC 32 (FU scores with 0:11 seconds left...I know, technically not a "league" game)
@Colgate 51 HC 35 ( Colgate outplayed us...couldn't stop them, but it was 3 point going into the 4th)

Non-league:

Brown 24 HC 21 (HC up 21-10 in the 4th)
Dartmouth 13 HC 10 (late HC fumble deep in its own territory gives Dartmouth the win in regulation)
Wagner 31 HC 30 (HC up 30-17 mid 4th Q)

I'm not saying they should have won all these games, but at least a couple of them, yesterday's for sure.

Point being, HC, despite their record has been right there in nearly every PL game (@Lafayette excluded) hence there really hasn't been much difference between HC and the better PL teams this year.

CFBfan
November 11th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Fairly simple really.

League games:

Fordham 36 HC 32 (FU scores with 0:11 seconds left...I know, technically not a "league" game)
@Colgate 51 HC 35 ( Colgate outplayed us...couldn't stop them, but it was 3 point going into the 4th)

Non-league:

Dartmouth 13 HC 10 (late HC fumble deep in its own territory gives Dartmouth the win in regulation)

I'm not saying they should have won all these games, but at least a couple of them, yesterday's for sure.

Point being, HC, despite their record has been right there in nearly every PL game (@Lafayette excluded) hence there really hasn't been much difference between HC and the better PL teams this year.

I would buy it more if it were 1 or 2 or maybe 3 games BUT 9...no way!! decent teams win some close games, good teams win a lot of them and bad teams lose most of them, HC is 1 - 9 that's a bad team. Your final oppnent..GU lost is QB the 2nd series of the season and it's back up the 3rd game of the season and playing with the 3rd and 4th string ALL YEAR who are BOTH freshman have put together a 5 - 5 season, They can perhaps say "what could have been" NO TEAM (imo) plays well 4 deep on your depth chart with freshman qb's and for the most part they have, NOT HC

carney2
November 11th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Fairly simple really.

League games:

Non-league:

Sorry, 87, but HC was one of the worst teams I saw this year. Maybe, as you suggest, they had a bad day. But it was a really bad day. Wouldn't pick them against the Shady Maples 80 and Over All-Stars.