PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 10

superman7515
November 3rd, 2012, 10:28 PM
It's that time once again, your one stop shop for all your poll ballot needs. Often imitated, never duplicated, the only weekly recap getting 1,000 views (take that CSN posers) every week. If you see any errors, let me know. Remember that as long as you see the asterisks next to Sagarin SOS Ranking, it is the ranking from last week. He won't update until Sunday, so it will be updated as soon as I see he has the new numbers out. Take them with a grain of salt though, just one more tool for your belt to help you make judgement when trying to break ties when deciding where to slot teams with similar records, etc.

Hope this helps and good luck with your ballots this week.

AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 10 (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdDVaQUNUZlVyWGFVWUtVZE5QWkFuQ Xc)

RichH2
November 3rd, 2012, 10:44 PM
Supe begore season ends I wanted to thank you agsin for the yeoman work.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 3rd, 2012, 10:57 PM
Supe begore season ends I wanted to thank you agsin for the yeoman work.

Please sober up before you vote! :)

Fear the Bird
November 3rd, 2012, 11:00 PM
I believe the Wofford score should be 24-17? Currently shows 31-17

LehighU11
November 3rd, 2012, 11:01 PM
Please sober up before you vote! :)

With Lehigh's season going the way it is, you're lucky if any of us are sober or not recovering from cardiac arrest when voting.

superman7515
November 3rd, 2012, 11:07 PM
I believe the Wofford score should be 24-17? Currently shows 31-17

Good catch. ESPN had 31-17 earlier, which I thought was weird because it said it was in OT, but I just figured that Samford scored a td in the first half of OT and then returned an interception or fumble. I should have checked the box score, haha.

superman7515
November 3rd, 2012, 11:08 PM
Hmm... They also had 2OT, was it just one OT?

MTfan4life
November 3rd, 2012, 11:22 PM
Hmm... They also had 2OT, was it just one OT?

Wofford's athletic website says 2OT's. Both teams missed field goals in the first OT.

superman7515
November 3rd, 2012, 11:24 PM
Wofford's athletic website says 2OT's. Both teams missed field goals in the first OT.

Thanks. ESPN is slipping, haha.

bonarae
November 3rd, 2012, 11:41 PM
The poll form is not accepting responses right now... xconfusedx

AGSPoll
November 3rd, 2012, 11:43 PM
The poll does not open until all the teams have played. Superman's spreadsheets only include the teams that received votes last week, so often he will have his spreadsheet done before all the games from the FCS are completed. Right now, we're still waiting on Lamar vs Stephen F Austin. Should be over in under a minute.

Hammerhead
November 3rd, 2012, 11:51 PM
South Dakota received votes in last week's poll?

HailSzczur
November 4th, 2012, 12:05 AM
South Dakota received votes in last week's poll?

Must have been a SDSU one that slipped through the cracks

Hammerhead
November 4th, 2012, 01:13 AM
That's what I was thinking -- kind of like last year when North Dakota kept getting votes which were probably meant for North Dakota State. If you can't tell one school from another, don't bother voting.

HailSzczur
November 4th, 2012, 01:29 AM
That's what I was thinking -- kind of like last year when North Dakota kept getting votes which were probably meant for North Dakota State. If you can't tell one school from another, don't bother voting.

I'd like to hope it's not because they don't know the difference. Personally when I vote for say NDSU I type a "N" and then down arrow key until I get to it. A lot can go wrong in the process of scrolling through the names. Plus I've learned the hard way that if a drop down is still selected and you try to page down it messes up the vote too. I'd like to think I'm not the only who makes dumb mistakes like that, but then again I very well may be. :o

Thanks again for doing this every week Supe, I honestly don't know how I would do my ballot otherwise.

van
November 4th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Wonder if Colgate can crack the top 30 this week. After a slow start, they have really turned it around.

LehighU11
November 4th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Wonder if Colgate can crack the top 30 this week. After a slow start, they have really turned it around.

They'll probably be in a lot of PL fans' polls, but that early road loss to USD could automatically put MVFC voters off. 'gate has put up 47 or more in 5 straight wins, and they scored the same amount on Stony Brook as Army and Syracuse combined. They should be right around 30-35, I would guess.

JMUNJ08
November 4th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Watch out for Wagner garnering some votes this week! Should be around 'gate region as well!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 4th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Trying to rank Wofford, GSU and App State is giving me a headache....

dystopiamembrane
November 4th, 2012, 10:32 AM
It's that time once again, your one stop shop for all your poll ballot needs.
I feel it very cool that Andre, the french giant, takes time out of his obviously busy Sunday morning to put this spreadsheet together for us.
Thank you, sir. Hulk Hogan can suck it.

sgt smash
November 4th, 2012, 10:34 AM

Knock off Lehigh and some credibility is returned to Colgate. Regardless of Lehigh's schedule strength, handing them thier first loss would be impressive, even if HC almost did it yesterday.

89rabbit
November 4th, 2012, 11:12 AM
They'll probably be in a lot of PL fans' polls, but that early road loss to USD could automatically put MVFC voters off. 'gate has put up 47 or more in 5 straight wins, and they scored the same amount on Stony Brook as Army and Syracuse combined. They should be right around 30-35, I would guess.

Yup, they remain USD's only win of the season. xsmhx

superman7515
November 4th, 2012, 12:58 PM
I feel it very cool that Andre, the french giant, takes time out of his obviously busy Sunday morning to put this spreadsheet together for us.
Thank you, sir. Hulk Hogan can suck it.

That's Mr. Roussimoff to that punk Terry.

citdog
November 4th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Lehigh is not a top 10 team. They belong in the 20-25 range if at all. The pl stinks out loud.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2012, 01:22 PM

Any team that can lose to USD by definition, sucks. If they are at the top of your league, I'll let you draw your own conclusion there.

344Johnson
November 4th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Any team that can lose to USD by definition, sucks. If they are at the top of your league, I'll let you draw your own conclusion there.

Fact. I'm sorry but after watching them...oof.

Engineer86
November 4th, 2012, 01:48 PM

I know, Illinois St barely beat them and they are at have a similar shot to winning the MVFC thatColgate has of winning the PL. we all know that winning close games against bad teams mean that you are a terrible team.xblahxxblahxxblahxxblahx. Just more genius from the only fans that know anything about football

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Fact. I'm sorry but after watching them...oof.

exactly.

What five games has Colgate won?

Yale, Holy Cross, Georgetown, Bucknell, and Lafayette.

Quite the murderers row there, eh?

Engineer86
November 4th, 2012, 01:52 PM
exactly.

I know how could they possibly think they could ever change during the season, or much less think they belong on the same field as NDSU. That is crazy right,

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2012, 01:54 PM
I know how could they possibly think they could ever change during the season, or much less think they belong on the same field as NDSU. That is crazy right,

Well the easiest way to win games is to play teams that aren't all that good. Pretty simple formula.

citdog
November 4th, 2012, 01:59 PM
exactly.

much tougher than app, gsu, wofford, chatt, samford. The fcs in name only need to go to div2 where they belong.

LehighU11
November 4th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Didn't Colgate put up as many points as Syracuse and Army combined against 10-1 Stony Brook? That same Syracuse that nearly knocked off #1 USC in week 1?

I agree, that's an UGLY loss on Colgate's resume, but their offense has developed into one of the best in all of FCS, scoring 47+ in 5 straight games. Their defense is horrendous, however. Teams do change over the course of the season. USD has regressed after beating Colgate and giving ISU-r and Montana hard fought games, while Colgate has only gotten better.

Some of you NDSU fans may want to back off the PL hate and start worrying about your championship hopes. NDSU is a very talented team, but they have struggled quite a bit as of late against some average MVFC teams. Heck, even 4-3 Murray State won by more on the road against Missouri St. The Bison are going to be in for a wake up call if they don't get back to their dominant performances come playoff time. This does not look like the same team that easily handled JMU, Lehigh, Georgia Southern, and Sam Houston last year. The Fargodome is a huge home advantage for the Bison, yet they haven't been showing it so far.

Engineer86
November 4th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Well the easiest way to win games is to play teams that aren't all that good. Pretty simple formula.

Yea playing by the rules laid out by the NCAA, is just a silly idea. Much better to make money or kill DII teams. Besides it is just silly for Lehigh or Colgate to think they can play with a team as great as yours. They should not be allowed to get in the playoffs and knock out those power conference champs each year. It is just no fair to those teams that spend a whole year winning their power conference.

sgt smash
November 4th, 2012, 02:05 PM

They def belong on the same field. Even the playoffs need cupcakes.

Nickels
November 4th, 2012, 02:06 PM
the same team that easily handled...Sam Houston last year.
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=320072449

far from "easily handled"

sgt smash
November 4th, 2012, 02:07 PM

Yay! Another moral victory from last year.

Engineer86
November 4th, 2012, 02:07 PM
They def belong on the same field. Even the playoffs need cupcakes.

Yea, NIU and Towson needed the hiemlich, but they Patriot league can't compete. It is amazing how smart people are.

LehighU11
November 4th, 2012, 02:11 PM
much tougher than app, gsu, wofford, chatt, samford. The fcs in name only need to go to div2 where they belong.

Well put. I always trust a deranged person who believes the Confederacy won and has a signature picture as offensive as yours to be a credible source. How many playoff wins against power conference champions does The Citadel have in the past five years? Congrats on finally getting your first winning season in 5 years, by the way. Maybe I'll call up my friends over at Princeton to have their band give you a parade to celebrate the accomplishment. I'm sure the cadets would appreciate that!

The only thing that comes to mind when I think of the SoCon is that clown from Wofford last year giving UNI 14 points in 1 minute, between roughing the kicker on a FG attempt and standing like a statue in the end zone. Must be proud to be part of a conference full of such promising young student-athletes who can barely spell their names.

LehighU11
November 4th, 2012, 02:13 PM

You put up as many TDs as Lehigh did against NDSU: 0. I'd say that's being easily handled.

citdog
November 4th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Well put. I always trust a deranged person who believes the Confederacy won and has a signature picture as offensive as yours to be a credible source. How many playoff wins against power conference champions does The Citadel have in the past five years? Congrats on finally getting your first winning season in 5 years, by the way. Maybe I'll call up my friends over at Princeton to have their band give you a parade to celebrate the accomplishment. I'm sure the cadets would appreciate that!

The only thing that comes to mind when I think of the SoCon is that clown from Wofford last year giving UNI 14 points in 1 minute, between roughing the kicker on a FG attempt and standing like a statue in the end zone. Must be proud to be part of a conference full of such promising young student-athletes who can barely spell their names.

'when you don't have a record to run on you just attack the other guy' barack obama pray tell yankee boy what is offensive in my sig?

citdog
November 4th, 2012, 02:33 PM

we have two small private schools better than yours. Woffy and furman plus the number 1 public college in the South The Citadel. real dummies at those.

Nickels
November 4th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Yay! Another moral victory from last year.

Yay! Your going to lose at least one of your next two games.

superman7515
November 4th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Updated the SOS...

Three strongest from the Top 25:
Indiana State - #139
South Dakota State - #142
Eastern Washington - #146

Three weakest from the Top 25:
Albany - #205
Stony Brook - #227
Lehigh - #231

citdog
November 4th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Updated the SOS...

Three strongest from the Top 25:
Indiana State - #139
South Dakota State - #142
Eastern Washington - #146

Three weakest from the Top 25:
Albany - #205
Stony Brook - #227
Lehigh - #231
thanks supe for making my point.

Engineer86
November 4th, 2012, 03:29 PM
thanks supe for making my point.

He never said anything about you knowing nothing about FCS football, you have made that point all by yourselfxthumbsupx

sgt smash
November 4th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Yay! Your going to lose at least one of your next two games.

If the Bison do? Still in playoffs.

citdog
November 4th, 2012, 03:42 PM
He never said anything about you knowing nothing about FCS football, you have made that point all by yourselfxthumbsupx

some people seem to think i know a little something. Click on the FCS Wedge like thousands do each week and see for yourself! Thanks for listening!

Engineer86
November 4th, 2012, 03:49 PM
some people seem to think i know a little something. Click on the FCS Wedge like thousands do each week and see for yourself! Thanks for listening!

I may have to listen in to hear what else you have to say.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2012, 04:04 PM
I'd like to hope it's not because they don't know the difference. Personally when I vote for say NDSU I type a "N" and then down arrow key until I get to it. A lot can go wrong in the process of scrolling through the names. Plus I've learned the hard way that if a drop down is still selected and you try to page down it messes up the vote too. I'd like to think I'm not the only who makes dumb mistakes like that, but then again I very well may be. :o

Thanks again for doing this every week Supe, I honestly don't know how I would do my ballot otherwise.

You know what's even easier than that is just hitting the "n" and then hit it again and it will scroll you through the n's until you get to NDSU then hit the tab key and you are on to the next one.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2012, 04:05 PM
If the Bison do? Still in playoffs.

And still a seed

LehighU11
November 4th, 2012, 05:09 PM
we have two small private schools better than yours. Woffy and furman plus the number 1 public college in the South The Citadel. real dummies at those.

Notice I said "student-athletes." You have some respectable schools in the SoCon, that's for sure. However, the Academic Progress Ranking for several of your member institutions' (GSU, UTC, and WCU) football programs is poor. All have experienced scholarship reductions for that reason.

As far as your comparison of Wofford and Furman to Lehigh, neither can hold a candle. Furman could perhaps be a PL member, but that's a bit of a stretch. Lafayette, Bucknell, Holy Cross, and Colgate are among the best liberal arts colleges in the country, not just in their geographic region. Also of note, Lehigh's endowment is greater than Wofford, Furman, and the Citadel combined. There's your record. At least I can agree with you on the matters of Tuesday's election featuring a candidate without much of a record.

GSU EAGLES
November 4th, 2012, 05:27 PM

The 9 national titles between Ga Southern and App didn't cross your mind?

Appattk
November 4th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Trying to rank Wofford, GSU and App State is giving me a headache....

Think of it this way...

Wofford beat App by 10 points in a game that was never really "close.."
GSU lost to App by 3 points in a game where if they had a kicker they would have won
Wofford lost to GSU by 8 points in a flippin' low-scoring slug fest..

gotts
November 5th, 2012, 07:37 AM
last hours bump

JMUNJ08
November 5th, 2012, 09:37 AM
bumping for last second voters

superman7515
November 5th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Thanks again for all the kind words, just 30 minutes left for this weeks ballots. Get em in while the getting is good.