ITmonarch10
November 3rd, 2012, 06:03 PM
http://college-sports-source.appspot.com/images/mini-sela.gif

Southeastern Louisiana

1:10

http://college-sports-source.appspot.com/images/mini-shsu.gif

(7) Sam Houston State

4th

Sam Houston show some mercy or Southeaster Louisiana stop getting blown out by second & third stringers.

Samalum'10
November 3rd, 2012, 06:15 PM
Our 3rd string RB had 132 yds and 2 TD's. Also, we did not attempt a single pass in the 2nd half.

KATS_21
November 3rd, 2012, 06:20 PM
Our best running back had 9 carries for 132 and 2 tds. Remember this is the SELA team that started conference 3-0 and beat McNeese. The kats are rolling right now.

Samalum'10
November 3rd, 2012, 06:21 PM
Our best running back had 9 carries for 132 and 2 tds. Remember this is the SELA team that started conference 3-0 and beat McNeese. The kats are rolling right now.
Won't matter to alot of voters... no credible wins blah blah blah...

ITmonarch10
November 3rd, 2012, 06:23 PM
Our 3rd string RB had 132 yds and 2 TD's. Also, we did not attempt a single pass in the 2nd half.

This is just sad.
Is there anyone out there in the Southland besides Central Ark that can challenge you.

Samalum'10
November 3rd, 2012, 06:24 PM
This is just sad.
Is there anyone out there in the Southland besides Central Ark that can challenge you.
Lol, man I wish we could get another crack at UCA...

ITmonarch10
November 3rd, 2012, 06:25 PM
Won't matter to alot of voters... no credible wins blah blah blah...

Well technically you still don't have any credible wins ,but blowing away everyone in your conference after the loss to central ark counts for something. Also your are highly ranked in the poll so its no big deal.

Sammy94
November 3rd, 2012, 06:46 PM
We did miss a FG.

Nickels
November 3rd, 2012, 06:47 PM
We are substantially better across the board compared to earlier in the season. I'd say we are playing better now then at any point last year (or at least we are very close).

Wallace
November 3rd, 2012, 07:42 PM
Well technically you still don't have any credible wins ,but blowing away everyone in your conference after the loss to central ark counts for something. Also your are highly ranked in the poll so its no big deal.

SHSU has the 36th best SoS in the FCS and is #4 in the three ratings that matter http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?775-2012-FCS-Rankings

Samalum'10
November 3rd, 2012, 08:07 PM
Lol well technically we do... McNeese was ranked #27 when we blew them out 45-10.

katstrapper
November 4th, 2012, 08:30 PM
http://college-sports-source.appspot.com/images/mini-sela.gif

Southeastern Louisiana

1:10

http://college-sports-source.appspot.com/images/mini-shsu.gif

(7) Sam Houston State

4th

Sam Houston show some mercy or Southeaster Louisiana stop getting blown out by second & third stringers.

400+ yds rushing in the game. What else could be done other than kneeling or falling down.

Mr. C
November 4th, 2012, 10:00 PM
We are substantially better across the board compared to earlier in the season. I'd say we are playing better now then at any point last year (or at least we are very close).

But if you lose on Saturday at Turpin Stadium and then don't by some miracle beat Texas A&M, you will be sitting home for the playoffs. Don't underestimate that trip to Northwestern State.

McNeese75
November 4th, 2012, 10:17 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/678728/80538461.jpg

xeyebrowx

Mr. C
November 4th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Not sure I wanted to see that picture.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 4th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Not sure I wanted to see that picture.

How can you not be sure? You either like it or you don't. xeyebrowx

MTfan4life
November 5th, 2012, 05:21 AM
But if you lose on Saturday at Turpin Stadium and then don't by some miracle beat Texas A&M, you will be sitting home for the playoffs. Don't underestimate that trip to Northwestern State.

Considering the raping and pillaging they have done to their schedule the last six weeks, especially the last four, I don't think they're underestimating anyone. Since losing to UCA, they've held 5 out of 6 opponents to 10 or less points, while scoring an average of 52 points per game.

caribbeanhen
November 5th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Hey hey Sammy, your growing on me some

Sammy94
November 5th, 2012, 05:29 AM
The Bearkats defense has allowed ONE offensive TD in the last four games. The Kats have outscored opponents 212-17 in those games.

BEAR
November 5th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Glad we could wake you up! xlolx

Seriously FCS, SAM really has come on VERY strong since their loss. I wouldn't want to play them again anytime soon. Earlier this year their players looked tired, almost out of shape. Not anymore. We caught them at the right time. I expect them to go a long way this year in the playoffs. With that schedule this year they had very little room for losses..next to none and so far they have been good enough to not only win those games, but dominate. The SLC will have a great co-champion representative in the playoffs this year when Sam takes the field...xpeacex

katstrapper
November 5th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Glad we could wake you up! xlolx

Seriously FCS, SAM really has come on VERY strong since their loss. I wouldn't want to play them again anytime soon. Earlier this year their players looked tired, almost out of shape. Not anymore. We caught them at the right time. I expect them to go a long way this year in the playoffs. With that schedule this year they had very little room for losses..next to none and so far they have been good enough to not only win those games, but dominate. The SLC will have a great co-champion representative in the playoffs this year when Sam takes the field...xpeacex

I would agree they looked tired in the game against UCA. I think the Baylor game had a bigger affect on them than most people realize. UCA did catch Kats at right time,but even with them looking tired and not their normal selves, UCA still had to come from behind to win the game. Kats are peaking at right time and clicking on all cylinders during this win streak. The offense is finally comfortable with new OC, the defense is back to form. The defense has moved from #36 in total defense to #8 in FCS in 6 weeks.

I dont think this team will overlook NW St by any means. I was at the game in 2004 when Kats rolled into Turpin Stadium ranked #4 in country and the Demons took care of business.

This team has plenty of depth, plenty of talent, plenty of speed and plenty of experience!! Ready for another deep playoff run.

GeauxLions94
November 5th, 2012, 10:58 AM
This team has plenty of depth, plenty of talent, plenty of speed and plenty of experience!! Ready for another deep playoff run.

I was there Saturday and I can agree ... folks, SHSU is scary good! xnodx

BEAR
November 5th, 2012, 11:08 AM
I was there Saturday and I can agree ... folks, SHSU is scary good! xnodx

What quarter did you leave? xlolx Just kidding.. I was shocked at that final though. Shows the SLC that Sam is playing at a different level right now though.

LehighU11
November 5th, 2012, 11:46 AM
I would agree they looked tired in the game against UCA. I think the Baylor game had a bigger affect on them than most people realize. UCA did catch Kats at right time,but even with them looking tired and not their normal selves, UCA still had to come from behind to win the game. Kats are peaking at right time and clicking on all cylinders during this win streak. The offense is finally comfortable with new OC, the defense is back to form. The defense has moved from #36 in total defense to #8 in FCS in 6 weeks.

I dont think this team will overlook NW St by any means. I was at the game in 2004 when Kats rolled into Turpin Stadium ranked #4 in country and the Demons took care of business.

With NDSU sleepwalking through their past 4 games and losing one, I think the Kats are a serious contender for the title. They've been straight up steamrolling everyone the past 5 games. If they keep it going through November, I'm picking them to win it all.

Sammy94
November 5th, 2012, 12:03 PM
What quarter did you leave?

Heck I was gone at halftime. Weather was getting bad and the game was over.

Sammy94
November 5th, 2012, 12:07 PM
If they keep it going through November, I'm picking them to win it all.

It will be interesting to see how they overcome a loss if they lose (most likely) to A&M. They didn't respond well after the loss to Baylor but I think with a much needed break and a home playoff game this time will be different.

GeauxLions94
November 5th, 2012, 12:16 PM
What quarter did you leave? xlolx Just kidding.. I was shocked at that final though. Shows the SLC that Sam is playing at a different level right now though.

Drove up the morning of the game and stayed the whole time (Yes, I am a glutton for punishment). Was totally shocked at the final outcome, especially how we have played in Southland games this year. We still have two games remaining and still have a chance at going 5-2 in league play (with losses to UCA and SHSU), which seemed impossible back in early September.

SHSU is playing at a totally different level right now. No offense to UCA, but how they lost on the Stripes is baffling.

Heck I was gone at halftime. Weather was getting bad and the game was over.

Glad you made it home. We drove back through Houston and got through Baton Rouge after all the LSU-Bama traffic had left.

BEAR
November 5th, 2012, 12:24 PM
SHSU is playing at a totally different level right now. No offense to UCA, but how they lost on the Stripes is baffling.

It's the stripes...many players have lost their eyesight after that mind trancing field gets hold of them. xlolx

Alright, I don't know either..must have been coach Nathan Browns pre-game speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNkeGxu9frM

TheRevSFA
November 5th, 2012, 03:01 PM
The stripes should be banned.

BEAR
November 5th, 2012, 04:43 PM
The stripes should be banned.

Hey, donate some green for some green and I'm all in!

bisonboone11
November 5th, 2012, 04:55 PM
If SHSU loses to A&M, will they make the playoffs? Central Arkansas would get the autobid for the conference, and SHSU would have 7 DI wins, right? If any 7-win teams deserve to get in this year, it would probably be SHSU, but it seems like there are a lot of teams that have 8+ DI wins that could get in ahead of them.

ITmonarch10
November 5th, 2012, 05:14 PM
If SHSU loses to A&M, will they make the playoffs? Central Arkansas would get the autobid for the conference, and SHSU would have 7 DI wins, right? If any 7-win teams deserve to get in this year, it would probably be SHSU, but it seems like there are a lot of teams that have 8+ DI wins that could get in ahead of them.

This what worries me the most. I don't want SHSU missing the playoffs because their AD made such a ****ty schedule.
8 Div 1 wins is one of the guidelines for playoff entry and it would be kinda weird to bump an 8-3 Cal Poly, Illinois St, or Richmond to let SHSU into the playoffs even if SHSU is better than all those teams.
Hopefully some teams choke at the end of the season so we don't have to worry about any 8-3 teams being left out for SHSU.

LehighU11
November 5th, 2012, 06:08 PM
It will be interesting to see how they overcome a loss if they lose (most likely) to A&M. They didn't respond well after the loss to Baylor but I think with a much needed break and a home playoff game this time will be different.

Baylor has fallen since then, while SHSU has been firing on all cylinders in the Southland ever since UCA. I think the Kats will give the Aggies more of a scare than Towson did against LSU in Death Valley, especially with A&M coming off a tough week in Tuscaloosa. That could be a huge let down game for them. Avoiding injuries for SHSU will be key moving into the playoffs, however.

sgt smash
November 5th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Tell you what Sammies. Next time you are killing a team like that and dont want to look classless, we will send you Brock Jensen at QB and also Vigen as a substitute OC. Those two will keep it close and you will not look so mean.

Bearkat-Backer
November 5th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Tell you what Sammies. Next time you are killing a team like that and dont want to look classless, we will send you Brock Jensen at QB and also Vigen as a substitute OC. Those two will keep it close and you will not look so mean.

I know it looks bad, but when your 3rd string RB ends up with 130+ yards what else can you do?

Samalum'10
November 5th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Not to mention, we didn't even attempt a single pass in the 2nd half...

TheRevSFA
November 5th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Not to mention, we didn't even attempt a single pass in the 2nd half...

Eh maybe you should have. You are a rush based offense

I only kid. You can't do anything about SELA taking it prison style

Sam_Kats
November 5th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Are you referring to the alleged "Best QB in the Nation" who threw 3 picks against Mo State?

Uh oh xnodx

Thundar
November 5th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Are you referring to the alleged "Best QB in the Nation" who threw 3 picks against Mo State?

Uh oh xnodx

How are those runner up t-shirts fitting??

Sam_Kats
November 5th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Ha - I knew I couldn't talk about the 'anointed one' without getting Bison reda$$.

Pretty sure it was Bison Defense vs Bearkat Defense that day and, yes, Bison made a play when it mattered. Then the 'anointed one' fell in the end zone from a yard out. I'll say this, I hope Kats get a chance to even the score this year. Pretty good games between Sam & NDSU last few years. Good stuff.

Thundar
November 5th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Ha - I knew I couldn't talk about the 'anointed one' without getting Bison reda$$.

Pretty sure it was Bison Defense vs Bearkat Defense that day and, yes, Bison made a play when it mattered. Then the 'anointed one' fell in the end zone from a yard out. I'll say this, I hope Kats get a chance to even the score this year. Pretty good games between Sam & NDSU last few years. Good stuff.

Can't handle the truth? We won, your offense didn't score a TD 2 FG's what's so hard to figure out? Again how's the runner up shirt fitting?

Sam_Kats
November 5th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Wow - can't recognize a compliment even when it's put on a frozen platter, huh?

Sounds like a guy who never stepped on a football field. Typical.

TheRevSFA
November 5th, 2012, 10:05 PM

You didn't put "eh" at the end of it. North Dakota folks and Minnesota folks need that for proper translation

sgt smash
November 5th, 2012, 10:07 PM

So what Dallas Cowboys Superbowl Champ team were you on?

Anyways, I didn't mean to start a wiener measuring contest. I said that about Brock and Vigen to make light of the fact that even though Brock is a very good qb, he is still human, unlike Colten Heagle.

Thundar
November 5th, 2012, 10:09 PM

Anointed one? That's a compliment?

Even I know your slow Texas talk meant that as a slam

Sam_Kats
November 5th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Sgt - you & I are on the same page. Thundar can't do Math or sarcasm.

Thundar
November 5th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Sgt - you & I are on the same page. Thundar can't do Math or sarcasm.

Lol, ok

sgt smash
November 5th, 2012, 10:12 PM
I knew I could turn this into an NDSU vs. thread.

Sam_Kats
November 5th, 2012, 10:14 PM
The compliment was that the Bison are NATIONAL CHAMPIONS. Y'all WON THE GAME. No questions asked...played a better game. Great team!! Obviously still are with #1 ranking. I was referring a thread on here not too long ago about the 'best QB in FCS' and with all the guys throwing up CRAZY stats, the Bison fans HAD to throw Jensen in there. The guy doesn't impress anyone...your OL is MASSIVE & defense plays VERY sound & is one of, if not THE, best in FCS.

That was my point. Then you came to the rescue. Doesn't matter. Like I said before you got butthurt - I hope we get a chance to even the score...looking like it will be either in the FG Dome or (if we play well on the road) @ Pizza Hut Park again. I honestly think this team can play ANYONE well on the road.

Sure is fun to follow. Also, I'd LOVE to see another Home & Home with the Bison in the near future. Sure beats dealing with the current scheduling WOES we're dealing with now. ZERO room for error.

Thundar
November 5th, 2012, 10:19 PM
The compliment was that the Bison are NATIONAL CHAMPIONS. Y'all WON THE GAME. No questions asked...played a better game. Great team!! Obviously still are with #1 ranking. I was referring a thread on here not too long ago about the 'best QB in FCS' and with all the guys throwing up CRAZY stats, the Bison fans HAD to throw Jensen in there. The guy doesn't impress anyone...your OL is MASSIVE & defense plays VERY sound & is one of, if not THE, best in FCS.

That was my point. Then you came to the rescue. Doesn't matter. Like I said before you got butthurt - I hope we get a chance to even the score...looking like it will be either in the FG Dome or (if we play well on the road) @ Pizza Hut Park again. I honestly think this team can play ANYONE well on the road.

Sure is fun to follow. Also, I'd LOVE to see another Home & Home with the Bison in the near future. Sure beats dealing with the current scheduling WOES we're dealing with now. ZERO room for error.

Ok sorry, your talking about the thread the justintyem guy started I assume? I don't agree with that at all but he also decided to bash the crap out on UNI also....I apologize if I didn't get what you were referring to

UNH72Plus
November 7th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I don't think anyone is debating that SHSU has a quality offense and belongs in the playoffs. Last year they proved that even coming from a dreadfully weak conference they could play with most of the big name teams. That being said, let's not get carried away with discussions about offensive prowess. In the last six wins they have played against some of the worst scoring defenses in the FCS. Their combined FCS/FBS record is 12-35 and their "scoring defense" rankings among the 121 listed FCS teams are: Tx Southern 115th, SELA 111th, Nicholls 104th, SFA 102nd, Lamar 82nd, and McNeese (the only quality win) 41st. Hardly defensive juggernauts!

katstrapper
November 7th, 2012, 01:30 PM
I don't think anyone is debating that SHSU has a quality offense and belongs in the playoffs. Last year they proved that even coming from a dreadfully weak conference they could play with most of the big name teams. That being said, let's not get carried away with discussions about offensive prowess. In the last six wins they have played against some of the worst scoring defenses in the FCS. Their combined FCS/FBS record is 12-35 and their "scoring defense" rankings among the 121 listed FCS teams are: Tx Southern 115th, SELA 111th, Nicholls 104th, SFA 102nd, Lamar 82nd, and McNeese (the only quality win) 41st. Hardly defensive juggernauts!

So to expand on your opinion here, I wont argue the point that those defenses are bad as far as scoring defense is concerned. With that being said, why did the SLC
AQ UCA not score more points against these same teams. They have played everyone in the conference the Kats have. And its funny you only mention scoring defense.. SFA has 12th ranked RUSH defense in the FCS and McNeese St has #13 ranked RUSH defense in FCS. Kats posted 258 yds against SFA and 361 yds against McNeese St.

Look, I am not saying the SLC is the strongest competition this year, but for the Kats to be putting up numbers like they are week in and week out is impressive. UCA hasnt come close to scoring the points or having the yards that SHSU is putting up. And btw, in the SE La game, Kats third string RB had 130+ yds rushing in the game.

KATS_21
November 7th, 2012, 03:50 PM

By weak you mean 4th according to GPI? And by most teams you mean all the way to the National Championship game and regardless of what NDSU fans say, had a chance to win the game?