PDA

View Full Version : Dakota Marker Anyone? SDSU@NDSU for the MVFC

Pages : [1] 2

NoDak 4 Ever
November 3rd, 2012, 05:14 PM
So, this game just got really ****ing interesting.

Ok SDSU, all you have to do to win the MVFC is come into the Fargodome and beat the #1 team in the country.

Sounds easy, doesn't it?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3rF_WVTOmj8/TqHCjlGqODI/AAAAAAAAAio/p6r66eQqQL0/s1600/Dakota_Marker.jpg

skinny_uncle
November 3rd, 2012, 05:15 PM
Enjoy.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 3rd, 2012, 05:15 PM

Ok SDSU, all you have to do to win the MVFC is come into the Fargodome and beat the #1 team in the country.

Sounds easy, doesn't it?

After watching you struggle with SIU at home and MSU on the road, yes, it looks much easier than it ever has before!!! LET'S GO RABBITS!!!!

Can't wait to silence all the non-believers that picked us to finish 6th or 7th in the MVFC. Bring on the Bison!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 3rd, 2012, 05:16 PM
After watching you struggle with SIU at home and MSU on the road, yes, it looks much easier than it ever has before!!! LET'S GO RABBITS!!!!

Speaking of struggling. Did you watch your game today?

BisonBacker
November 3rd, 2012, 05:17 PM

Sounds easy, doesn't it?

You can take that #1 and stuff it at this point. We didn't play like a #20 team today. Our defense can only carry us so far. Offensively this team hasn't put a game together since YSU. Playing like they did today we won't win at home against SDSU I guarantee you that.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 3rd, 2012, 05:18 PM
Speaking of struggling. Did you watch your game today?

Yes, and i watched yours do the same! A win is a win. Good teams win ugly. You just did it against this same SIU team last week, except at home. Remember you had to come from behind in the 4th quarter, just like we did? Well, we did it in their house!

Southern Bison
November 3rd, 2012, 05:19 PM
NoDak,

We'll still have an Ill State team that beat Ind State today and has a 2 week rest before we show up. We'll be in the driver's seat after next week but we can't let off the gas.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 3rd, 2012, 05:20 PM
NoDak,

We'll still have an Ill State team that beat Ind State today and has a 2 week rest before we show up. We'll be in the driver's seat after next week but we can't let off the gas.

I hope the NDSU coaching staff and players are overlooking us like you are... xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 3rd, 2012, 05:21 PM
You can take that #1 and stuff it at this point. We didn't play like a #20 team today. Our defense can only carry us so far. Offensively this team hasn't put a game together since YSU. Playing like they did today we won't win at home against SDSU I guarantee you that.

If Vraa is healthy and 100%, it will definitely help the passing game.

Brock just needs to make better decisions. The RB out of the backfield was open all day. I'm sure the coaches will point this out for him. Just don't force the ball.

BisonBabe
November 3rd, 2012, 05:22 PM
I hope the NDSU coaching staff and players are overlooking us like you are... xlolx

While the fans may look past SDSU you can bet the coaches & team won't. Will be a hell of a game next week.

frozennorth
November 3rd, 2012, 05:22 PM
so ndsu, sdsu, and isu-r are in the playoffs, and isu-b needs to beat YSU after a bye?

also, NDSU by 5, brock tosses 3 picks

Southern Bison
November 3rd, 2012, 05:25 PM

The NDSU coaches and players are focusing on going wabbit hunting for the next 7 days. I'm simply reminding NoDak that Illinois State still has a mathematical chance at co-champions of the MVFC.

mmiller_34
November 3rd, 2012, 05:27 PM
so ndsu, sdsu, and isu-r are in the playoffs..

SDSU isn't in the playoffs yet. We still need one more win, and with two rivalry games upcoming that isn't guaranteed.

BisonBacker
November 3rd, 2012, 05:28 PM
While the fans may look past SDSU you can bet the coaches & team won't. Will be a hell of a game next week.
No BisonBabe that would be "A Whale of a Game"

2002jack
November 3rd, 2012, 05:30 PM
I am looking for two tickets.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 3rd, 2012, 05:30 PM
SDSU isn't in the playoffs yet. We still need one more win, and with two rivalry games upcoming that isn't guaranteed.

Great point. USD proved today that they haven't cashed it in just yet, and we all know that winning in Fargo is very difficult to do. Although 0-2 is unlikely (primarily because we have USD at home, and we are a far superior team), it is still a real possibility.

mmiller_34
November 3rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
Great point. USD proved today that they haven't cashed it in just yet, and we all know that winning in Fargo is very difficult to do. Although 0-2 is unlikely (primarily because we have USD at home, and we are a far superior team), it is still a real possibility.

I know its unlikely, but I have been an SDSU fan long enough to know how easily we choke. Just sayin'

89rabbit
November 3rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
One at a time boys, next Saturday is going to be fun. xthumbsupx

Go Jackrabbits!

mmiller_34
November 3rd, 2012, 05:36 PM

Sounds easy, doesn't it?

NoDak, you should include a pic of the Marker in this post ;)

EDIT: an objective one :)

NoDak 4 Ever
November 3rd, 2012, 05:42 PM
NoDak, you should include a pic of the Marker in this post ;)

EDIT: an objective one :)

Done,

This one's better though.

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/640/XT/XTOFSTPPCFJZAZR.20101114013259.jpg

Southern Bison
November 3rd, 2012, 05:43 PM

Drblankstare
November 3rd, 2012, 05:44 PM

Good luck

LakesBison
November 3rd, 2012, 05:45 PM
Silly bunny turds you have ZERO significant wins this year, your team is garbage your town is garbage NDSU is going to kill you.

Hahaha

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 3rd, 2012, 05:47 PM
Silly bunny turds you have ZERO significant wins this year, your team is garbage your town is garbage NDSU is going to kill you.

Hahaha

Look at their schedule....some pretty good wins.

Jacks are good lakes....nice try.

BisonBacker
November 3rd, 2012, 05:48 PM
Nothing personal but any Bison fan that would sell you his tickets should have his ManCard revoked, His balls tarred and feathered and be forced to watch reruns of Julia Child preparing Hossenfeffer.

2002jack
November 3rd, 2012, 05:48 PM

Hahaha

And who did you beat? Colorado State?o

NoDak 4 Ever
November 3rd, 2012, 05:49 PM

They are on par with Kansas.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 3rd, 2012, 05:51 PM

Hey, we still beat them.

Last time I looked they still give out 85 schollies.

2002jack
November 3rd, 2012, 05:54 PM
Hey, we still beat them.

Last time I looked they still give out 85 schollies.

No doubt that was a good victory (FBS). It was a counterpoint to Lakes. We have basically played the same MVFC schedule as NDSU, and we have the same record. Different road/home wins, but the same. I would consider you a favorite next week, but don't disrespect our wins.

It appears to most NDSU posters on here, that teams are good until they lose to SDSU, unless they play NDSU tough, then all of a sudden, they need to be respected.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 3rd, 2012, 05:56 PM
No doubt that was a good victory (FBS). It was a counterpoint to Lakes. We have basically played the same MVFC schedule as NDSU, and we have the same record. Different road/home wins, but the same. I would consider you a favorite next week, but disrespect our wins.
F

lakes is lakes.....

SDSU is good and it will be a good ol fashion head-knocker next week.

2002jack
November 3rd, 2012, 05:58 PM
lakes is lakes.....

SDSU is good and it will be a good ol fashion head-knocker next week.

All is right in the world. The game is more fun, when it means this much. It appears the MVFC title is on the line. I won't be putting any money on SDSU next weekend, but damn it is nice to believe.

LeeshaJo
November 3rd, 2012, 05:59 PM
Hey I believe... :) final will be within a field goal... which team is on top, I Haven't got the foggiest.

LakesBison
November 3rd, 2012, 06:00 PM
Aww you guys can't handle a RIVALRY???

LAST YEAR NDSU 48 B TURDS 10

Itll happen again too bad its ALREADY SOLD OUT haha

Jacked_Rabbit
November 3rd, 2012, 06:05 PM

If you listen to Lakes long enough, you sure hear a lot of "last year", "last year", "last year"... That's all the guy has.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 3rd, 2012, 06:05 PM

lakes....I think the score last year was 38-14.

SDSUAlum08
November 3rd, 2012, 06:07 PM

I got tickets last weekend from an NDSU fan. Thanks.

2002jack
November 3rd, 2012, 06:08 PM

UMM...it was 38 to 14 last year, but either way you dominated. We also lost to ISU-blue last year. So I am not sure that is relevant. Can I have one ticket and sit next to you?

LakesBison
November 3rd, 2012, 06:09 PM
Move this to smack so i can flush some bunny turds.

You guys aren't even close to NDSU's level.

Nah i got 2 sexy bitches sitting there. Try craigslist $100/ticket like a typical NDSU sold out game

Ever had one of those ?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 3rd, 2012, 06:10 PM

just because you can't stop being an asshole doesn't mean it should be smack.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 3rd, 2012, 06:11 PM

I do have to admit....your consistent lakes with your 'baiting' tactics.....

2002jack
November 3rd, 2012, 06:12 PM

Nah i got 2 sexy bitches sitting there. Try craigslist $100/ticket like a typical NDSU sold out game

Ever had one of those ?

No. I have never paid for a sexy bitch, not from craigslist or from anywhere.

LakesBison
November 3rd, 2012, 06:13 PM
Whoa what ? This isnt baiting this is a rivalry!! If they can't handle a RIVALRY then go d3 & they can hold hands with other fans and sign kum ba yah

sgt smash
November 3rd, 2012, 06:15 PM
No. I have never paid for a sexy bitch, not from craigslist or from anywhere.

Cant get hookers from craigslist anymore.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 3rd, 2012, 06:16 PM
Whoa what ? This isnt baiting this is a rivalry!! If they can't handle a RIVALRY then go d3 & they can hold hands with other fans and sign kum ba yah

Neg Rep, are you ****ing kidding me? You are the only turd on this board who has ever neg repped me. I'm pretty sure I can get together some friends and put you back in the red you little ****ing twerp. Wanna try me?

Jacked_Rabbit
November 3rd, 2012, 06:17 PM
Neg Rep, are you ****ing kidding me? You are the only turd on this board who has ever neg repped me. I'm pretty sure I can get together some friends and put you back in the red you little ****ing twerp. Wanna try me?

Dang, that's Bison on Bison crime!!! xchinscratchx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 3rd, 2012, 06:18 PM

Neg rep for what?

LeeshaJo
November 3rd, 2012, 06:18 PM

probably wouldn't take much more than a post... doubt it would just be friends participating ;) anyhow... this week just became more fun!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 3rd, 2012, 06:20 PM
Neg rep for what?

I have in the past smacked him down when he needed it but honestly, he is the only one who has ever neg repped me. I have something like 2500 rep points. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things but it kind of pisses me off.

LakesBison
November 3rd, 2012, 06:21 PM
He called me an asshole does that not warrant that ?

I wrote on the neg rep line " dude we will kill sdsu "

Wha wha i can defend myself on herr am i allowed to do that ? I don't call him an asshole . That's just rude

Whining over neg rep and calling me a swear name, wow grow up its a message board

NoDak 4 Ever
November 3rd, 2012, 06:21 PM
probably wouldn't take much more than a post... doubt it would just be friends participating ;) anyhow... this week just became more fun!

Agreed, we can have a lot of back and forth on this thread without Lakes vomiting all over it and making it all smack talk.

It's not even original smack talk, it's probably less than 40 unique words he uses in his posts anyway.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 3rd, 2012, 06:22 PM
He called me an asshole does that not warrant that ?

I wrote on the neg rep line " dude we will kill sdsu "

Wha wha i can defend myself on herr am i allowed to do that ? I don't call him an asshole . That's just rude

You said, "move this to smack". The only person really making this thread ugly is you. You therefore are being an asshole.

Stop being an asshole.

Better yet, come back cleverly don't be all sneaky.

LakesBison
November 3rd, 2012, 06:23 PM
There he said it again !! ^^ if i said that id be banned permnanently

Back to topic since he derailed it

NDSU 38
Bunny turds 6

Marker that !

NoDak 4 Ever
November 3rd, 2012, 06:27 PM
There he said it again !! ^^ if i said that id be banned permnanently

Back to topic since he derailed it

NDSU 38
Bunny turds 6

Marker that !

See? Was that so hard?

I have earned enough goodwill with Ursus that he PM's me when I need to slow down and guess what? I slow down. pretty easy.

LeeshaJo
November 3rd, 2012, 06:30 PM
So just curious, as this week progresses, should the Jacks fans and Bison fans apologize about the sheer number of posts both relevant and inane that will be posted about this game in the next seven days?

MTfan4life
November 3rd, 2012, 06:31 PM

Props on posting the neg rep! But on the other hand "I can get together some friends and put you back in the red???" That sounds like something a 12 year old girl would say to a classmate that called her ugly. No offense, but let's leave the pre teen girl behavior to the trolls. xcoffeex

NoDak 4 Ever
November 3rd, 2012, 06:35 PM
Props on posting the neg rep! But on the other hand "I can get together some friends and put you back in the red???" That sounds like something a 12 year old girl would say to a classmate that called her ugly. No offense, but let's leave the pre teen girl behavior to the trolls. xcoffeex

Nope, Lakes has mostly behaved himself and is quite proud of his rep score. Nobody who is worth anything neg reps without seriously good reason. I was merely stating that I could probably do enough to remove his ability to hand out colored chiclets anymore, power of the people.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 3rd, 2012, 06:37 PM
See? Was that so hard?

I have earned enough goodwill with Ursus that he PM's me when I need to slow down and guess what? I slow down. pretty easy.

You'd think so wouldn't ya?xlolx

I hadn't even seen this derailment before I sent him a pm telling him he better cut the **** but once I did I knew it was time for another timeout.

One of these days he's gonna learn that it is a bad idea for him to post after he's been takin' a tug off of a couple of frothy's.

MTfan4life
November 3rd, 2012, 06:41 PM
I was merely stating that I could probably do enough to remove his ability to hand out colored chiclets anymore, power of the people.

Lol, this was exactly my point. Doing enough to remove someone's reputation or power of the people as you put it, is something that's common place at your everyday middle school.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 3rd, 2012, 06:42 PM
Lol, this was exactly my point. Doing enough to remove someone's reputation or power of the people as you put it, is something that's common place at your everyday middle school.

I think it more as "self policing".

ok enough. Let's get back to the game.

THE HERD
November 3rd, 2012, 06:43 PM
I know its unlikely, but I have been an SDSU fan long enough to know how easily we choke. Just sayin'

You guys would have to throw 3 pick sixes to lose to the coyotes.....they are not good.

frozennorth
November 3rd, 2012, 07:05 PM
winner gets seeded

WestSideRabbit
November 3rd, 2012, 07:14 PM
I joined AGS just so I could talk about this game. So pumped!

Looks like both offenses struggled today. I know listening to the Jacks game was incredibly frustrating. SIU and that 3-4 defense have given us fits 3 out of the 5 times we have played SIU.

Bison fans, when we played Missouri State their defense seemed like they would keep the team in quite a few games if the offense didn't screw it up. Is that what happened today or did Jensen really struggle?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 3rd, 2012, 07:15 PM
You'd think so wouldn't ya?xlolx

I hadn't even seen this derailment before I sent him a pm telling him he better cut the **** but once I did I knew it was time for another timeout.

One of these days he's gonna learn that it is a bad idea for him to post after he's been takin' a tug off of a couple of frothy's.

Holy crap, he could literally die if he can't post during SDSU week.

344Johnson
November 3rd, 2012, 08:03 PM

Ever had one of those ?

Is one of them your wife? You know, you got married not all that long ago. Or did she already have you sign the papers so she could forget about you?

BisonBacker
November 3rd, 2012, 08:44 PM

Looks like both offenses struggled today. I know listening to the Jacks game was incredibly frustrating. SIU and that 3-4 defense have given us fits 3 out of the 5 times we have played SIU.

Bison fans, when we played Missouri State their defense seemed like they would keep the team in quite a few games if the offense didn't screw it up. Is that what happened today or did Jensen really struggle?
Jensen threw three picks one for a pick 6. Another Bad day for him. As another Bison fan said I thought he put these days behind him.

89rabbit
November 3rd, 2012, 09:21 PM

Welcome to the board. It is going to be a fun week.

89rabbit
November 3rd, 2012, 09:26 PM
A little history - via Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakota_Marker

Bisonator
November 3rd, 2012, 09:34 PM
Jensen needs to do some homework this week. There are more Bison receivers then Smith. Try getting the ball to the right team. As does Vigen with his stupid play calling at times. Absolutely no reason to attempt 3 passes when you just had a big run to set up first and goal. And try to get the play and personel in with more then a few seconds to spare when it's a critical 3rd and 1 in the fourth quarter. My god I thought I was going to explode!

Barring a repeat performance, 3 gifts from Brock to SDSU, I am confident the defense can keep us in this weeks game. 17-13 GO BISON!!!

Jacked_Rabbit
November 3rd, 2012, 10:18 PM
It's been 2 years too long since we've hoisted this rock... Can't wait for next Saturday!

http://www.statealum.com/s/357/images/editor/2008%20Events/08%20tailgate/NDSU_108.jpg

LehighU11
November 3rd, 2012, 10:25 PM
NDSU has looked surprisingly vulnerable this year, especially at home. I would not be surprised to see SDSU win this one. Go Jacks!

Jacked_Rabbit
November 3rd, 2012, 10:26 PM
I must have some OCD problems because the title of this thread is already annoying me... Can NoDak4Ever or a Mod please rename it, as I'm certian it will be very popular throughout this week.

A couple suggestions:

SDSU @ NDSU : AGS Game of the Week for Dakota Marker & MVFC Championship

SDSU @ NDSU : Dakota Marker game for MVFC AQ

RowdyRabbit
November 3rd, 2012, 10:30 PM
Bison - Please purchase a can of disinfectant and clean your grimy paw prints off the Marker, we'll be stopping by next Saturday to bring it back to Brookings.

Thank you.

mmiller_34
November 3rd, 2012, 10:31 PM

Sounds easy, doesn't it?

BTW, this wouldn't be the first time SDSU has upset #1 NDsU for a conference title

However that was in Brookings...

sgt smash
November 3rd, 2012, 10:37 PM
Bison - Please purchase a can of disinfectant and clean your grimy paw prints off the Marker, we'll be stopping by next Saturday to bring it back to Brookings.

Thank you.

The only thing getting stopped next saturday is SDSU's offense. Just sayin'.

Twentysix
November 4th, 2012, 01:29 AM

Thank you.

Bison have hooves not paw's. xchinscratchx South Dakotans...

SDFS
November 4th, 2012, 08:16 AM
I must have some OCD problems because the title of this thread is already annoying me... Can NoDak4Ever or a Mod please rename it, as I'm certian it will be very popular throughout this week.

A couple suggestions:

SDSU @ NDSU : AGS Game of the Week for Dakota Marker & MVFC Championship

SDSU @ NDSU : Dakota Marker game for MVFC AQ

Are ISU Blue and ISU Red out of the running for the MVFC title?

Thumper 76
November 4th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Not to derail all of this wonderfully intelligent discussion we are having, but serious question for the old fogeys out there. Is this the biggest Marker game ever (by marker game I mean all NDSU/SDSU matchups) With the MVFC Championship and autobid on the line, as well as it being the Marker game, the winner in my opinion ends up as a seed. I'm highly doubting that despite the long history of the NDSU/SDSU matchup there has been any one of them as HUGE as this one!

Anyways, to get back to some serious discussion, I hope the Thundering Turd is ready, cause they about to get JACKed UP!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2012, 08:23 AM

Yes and No. This week is a catch up week for both SDSU and NDSU. One team at the end will have 2 conference losses and one will be on top with 1 loss.

SDSU plays USD next week. ISUr and NDSU play each other.

If SDSU wins, then everybody will be tied with one loss throwing a **** ton of tie breakers into the mix.

If NDSU wins, they have to also beat ISUr for the AQ.

ISUb holds no tiebreaker that will give them the AQ at this point. they beat NDSU but got beaten by ISUr and SDSU.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Not to derail all of this wonderfully intelligent discussion we are having, but serious question for the old fogeys out there. Is this the biggest Marker game ever (by marker game I mean all NDSU/SDSU matchups) With the MVFC Championship and autobid on the line, as well as it being the Marker game, the winner in my opinion ends up as a seed. I'm highly doubting that despite the long history of the NDSU/SDSU matchup there has been any one of them as HUGE as this one!

Anyways, to get back to some serious discussion, I hope the Thundering Turd is ready, cause they about to get JACKed UP!

Actually this is what the god damn conversation should be about anyway. :)

I would say that this is the biggest in the playoff era. I've been really down on this "rivalry" since the inception but I think this might breathe some life into it.

i_got_a_fever
November 4th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Yes and No. This week is a catch up week for both SDSU and NDSU. One team at the end will have 2 conference losses and one will be on top with 1 loss.

SDSU plays USD next week. ISUr and NDSU play each other.

If SDSU wins, then everybody will be tied with one loss throwing a **** ton of tie breakers into the mix.

If NDSU wins, they have to also beat ISUr for the AQ.

ISUb holds no tiebreaker that will give them the AQ at this point. they beat NDSU but got beaten by ISUr and SDSU.

If SDSU wins, we will be the only 1 loss team in the MVFC. If we then go on to beat usd as well, we win the AQ. There are no tie breakers needed for the AQ if SDSU beats ndsu.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2012, 08:44 AM
If SDSU wins, we will be the only 1 loss team in the MVFC. If we then go on to beat usd as well, we win the AQ. There are no tie breakers needed for the AQ if SDSU beats ndsu.

That last game with USD will be their 'Superbowl' this year. Jacks could have a letdown esp if they win in Fargo this week.

NDSUstudent
November 4th, 2012, 08:45 AM

Correct. If SDSU wins I can't see them losing to Sucks to be U... SD and that would give them the AQ.

North Dakota State 5-1
South Dakota State 5-1
Illinois State 5-2
Indiana State 5-2
Southern Illinois 4-3
Missouri State 3-4
Youngstown State 2-4
Northern Iowa 2-4
Western Illinois 1-5
South Dakota 0-6

i_got_a_fever
November 4th, 2012, 08:52 AM
That last game with USD will be their 'Superbowl' this year. Jacks could have a letdown esp if they win in Fargo this week.

I agree. Wasn't looking ahead to usd, just pointing out that if SDSU beats the Bison, they will be the only 1 loss team, contrary to what NoDak 4 Ever stated.

Laker
November 4th, 2012, 08:53 AM
The answer should be yes, this is the biggest game since they started having the trophy. I think that a MVFC title would be more highly rated than a Great West one. Here is some history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakota_Marker

Thundar
November 4th, 2012, 09:10 AM
NDSU has looked surprisingly vulnerable this year, especially at home. I would not be surprised to see SDSU win this one. Go Jacks!

Yep, but we played 3 very high emotion games early on, that this team focused on, there has been 2 let down games, this is the start of the new season bison come reay for this one, 34-14 NDSU

Houndawg
November 4th, 2012, 09:30 AM
No doubt that was a good victory (FBS). It was a counterpoint to Lakes. We have basically played the same MVFC schedule as NDSU, and we have the same record. Different road/home wins, but the same. I would consider you a favorite next week, but don't disrespect our wins.

It appears to most NDSU posters on here, that teams are good until they lose to SDSU, unless they play NDSU tough, then all of a sudden, they need to be respected.

Nah, if they play NDSU tough its because of the refs.

No_Skill
November 4th, 2012, 09:42 AM

My one month old girl is really crying this morning...for some reason it was the first thing that came to mind when I read this post.

89rabbit
November 4th, 2012, 10:16 AM

It is this way for some Bison fans and even worse when we beat them. xlolx

Hammersmith
November 4th, 2012, 10:25 AM
ISUr gets the autobid if they beat NDSU in two weeks and one of the following happens:

1. NDSU beats SDSU next weekend
2. SDSU beats NDSU but loses to USD the following weekend

Other than those two scenarios, I believe the autobid will go to the winner of the Marker game.

sgt smash
November 4th, 2012, 10:28 AM

I was lurking on Tigerdroppings.com during the Bama game last night. Everyone complains about the refs during emotional games. No game is ever called perfectly and we as fans reserve the right to piss and moan about reffing.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2012, 10:50 AM

You're right. The absolute consensus was that the game was superbly officiated.

bisonnation
November 4th, 2012, 11:58 AM
This is always a great game. Throw in trophy , playoffs, and conference championship implications ... this becomes huge!

Bison fans be sure to wear the correct color to the game.
http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/640/SJ/SJFILNVIHZKCWIE.20121101142814.jpg

Professor Chaos
November 4th, 2012, 12:05 PM
If NDSU doesn't turn the ball over the Bison should win this game by more than a touchdown. That's a huge if with the way #16 has been playing recently however. For the first time since homecoming the game will truly be sold out (since the student section will actually be full again). I know Sumner was rattled by the Bison D last year and this year's version is even better and he'll have a significantly more hostile environment to deal with. Zenner will have to be huge for the Jacks to win.

Key for the Bison is don't turn it over offensively, key for the Jacks is to get Zenner rolling early and often.

Grizalltheway
November 4th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Anyone know where to find a gratis stream for this one? Should be a good way to tide me over during our bye week. xnodxxnodx

Hammersmith
November 4th, 2012, 12:14 PM
ISUr gets the autobid if they beat NDSU in two weeks and one of the following happens:

1. NDSU beats SDSU next weekend
2. SDSU beats NDSU but loses to USD the following weekend

Other than those two scenarios, I believe the autobid will go to the winner of the Marker game.

Scratch all that. I based that on work I did before this weekend's games and I either was wrong about one of those games or thoroughly messed up my math.
Here's the correct info:

4-way tie(6-2) between NDSU, SDSU, ISUr & ISUb: goes to GPI tiebreaker - probably NDSU but not certain; depends on polls and computers
3-way tie(6-2) between NDSU, SDSU & ISUb: SDSU
3-way tie(6-2) between SDSU, ISUr & ISUb: ISUb

I don't think there are any other scenarios that end in a tie.

Twentysix
November 4th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Anyone know where to find a gratis stream for this one? Should be a good way to tide me over during our bye week. xnodxxnodx

Statewide NBC in north dakota, so probably on firstrow.

darell1976
November 4th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Good luck to both teams. Big game for both besides bragging rights, there are playoff seeding at stake. Has anyone noticed NDSU is the only Dakota team not to feature letters on their helmets, a way to standout from the rest. Again good luck Bison-Jacks.

Bisonwinagn
November 4th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Scratch all that. I based that on work I did before this weekend's games and I either was wrong about one of those games or thoroughly messed up my math.
Here's the correct info:

4-way tie(6-2) between NDSU, SDSU, ISUr & ISUb: goes to GPI tiebreaker - probably NDSU but not certain; depends on polls and computers

So based on this if NDSU beats SDSU they lock up the autobid as long as SDSU beats USD?

Bozemaniac
November 4th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Here's the correct info:

I think there's also a possibility of a 2-way tie at 6-2 between SDSU and ISUr that can't be broken by head to head, which goes to SDSU based on the SIU common game.

That situation with ISUb winning the autobid is really crazy, and probably the only way the MVFC gets 4 into the playoffs.

darell1976
November 4th, 2012, 12:34 PM
So based on this if NDSU beats SDSU they lock up the autobid as long as SDSU beats USD?

That won't be a problem.

Thundar
November 4th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Good luck to both teams. Big game for both besides bragging rights, there are playoff seeding at stake. Has anyone noticed NDSU is the only Dakota team not to feature letters on their helmets, a way to standout from the rest. Again good luck Bison-Jacks.

It says BISON on the back

Hammersmith
November 4th, 2012, 12:43 PM
I think there's also a possibility of a 2-way tie at 6-2 between SDSU and ISUr that can't be broken by head to head, which goes to SDSU based on the SIU common game.

That situation with ISUb winning the autobid is really crazy, and probably the only way the MVFC gets 4 into the playoffs.

And I just realized there's a scenario where NDSU and ISUr could end up tied at 6-2 with SDSU & ISUb tied at 5-3. The autobid would go to ISUr in this case.

swaghook
November 4th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Has anyone noticed NDSU is the only Dakota team not to feature letters on their helmets, a way to standout from the rest.

When you have the best team moniker in the Dakotas you don't have to use letters on your helmet. xnodx

Gil Dobie
November 4th, 2012, 12:45 PM
It is this way for some Bison fans and even worse when we beat them. xlolx

This year it would be about the Bison offense, which is giving up more points than the defense lately.
It's a nice trophy, but this one is better.

darell1976
November 4th, 2012, 12:48 PM
When you now have the best team moniker in the Dakotas you don't have to use letters on your helmet. xnodx

FIFY:D

89rabbit
November 4th, 2012, 12:56 PM

The game is on Fox College Sports Central

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2012, 01:05 PM
FIFY:D

Please, it was even better when it was the Aggies and even the Farmers.

THE HERD
November 4th, 2012, 01:08 PM

This game is on Fox College Sports channel

darell1976
November 4th, 2012, 01:10 PM

Um okay. xpeacex

SDFS
November 4th, 2012, 01:19 PM
And I just realized there's a scenario where NDSU and ISUr could end up tied at 6-2 with SDSU & ISUb tied at 5-3. The autobid would go to ISUr in this case.

Yes, it is kind of a mess - ISU-r and SDSU not playing each other this year has made it very interesting. They could tie for first in conference.

344Johnson
November 4th, 2012, 01:20 PM

The three best representations of what the Dakota's are about. Bison and agricultural folks. :)

LehighU11
November 4th, 2012, 01:32 PM
This is definitely the game of the week in FCS next weekend. Neighboring state rivals fighting it out for the MVFC title, should be awesome. I hope it's on ESPN3 like the two other games in the conference next weekend. The Dakotas are far too often forgotten over here on the east coast...it would be great to see another meaningful game when I get back from the PL title game between Lehigh and Colgate. The Fargodome is one of toughest FCS stadiums to play in from what I saw when Lehigh went out there last year. I'm hoping that the Jacks can make this a good one like ISU-b and S Illinois have done recently on the road against the Bison.

darell1976
November 4th, 2012, 01:34 PM
The three best representations of what the Dakota's are about. Bison and agricultural folks. :)

Now its oil, a budget surplus, and whatever SD has.xsmiley_wix

89rabbit
November 4th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Now its oil, a budget surplus, and whatever SD has.xsmiley_wix

darell1976
November 4th, 2012, 01:43 PM

Who are those guys.xlolx

LehighU11
November 4th, 2012, 01:45 PM
What about people getting 6-figure incomes, only to get mugged living out of their cars in Walmart parking lots because there's a housing shortage? :D

89rabbit
November 4th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Who are those guys.xlolx

You boys from South Canada need to get out more. They are all kind of big deals down here in the USA. xlolx

bisonguy
November 4th, 2012, 01:49 PM
This is definitely the game of the week in FCS next weekend. Neighboring state rivals fighting it out for the MVFC title, should be awesome. I hope it's on ESPN3 like the two other games in the conference next weekend. The Dakotas are far too often forgotten over here on the east coast...it would be great to see another meaningful game when I get back from the PL title game between Lehigh and Colgate. The Fargodome is one of toughest FCS stadiums to play in from what I saw when Lehigh went out there last year. I'm hoping that the Jacks can make this a good one like ISU-b and S Illinois have done recently on the road against the Bison.

No ESPN3 for this game, but it is on Fox College Sports Central.

darell1976
November 4th, 2012, 01:57 PM
You boys from South Canada need to get out more. They are all kind of big deals down here in the USA. xlolx

How much you want for Mt. Rushmore? I am sure we can buy it. Just like we did with the Corn Palace, and Wall Drug.

sgt smash
November 4th, 2012, 02:01 PM

After the bang-up job Obama did the past 4, he is liable to be added to this rock.

swaghook
November 4th, 2012, 02:04 PM

Just like those South Dakotan's to go out and vandalize pristine country that was sacred to the Native Americans no less. :p

LehighU11
November 4th, 2012, 02:15 PM
No ESPN3 for this game, but it is on Fox College Sports Central.
Thanks for sharing.

Thumper 76
November 4th, 2012, 04:08 PM

Honest to God as soon as we won my first thought was, man, Houndawg is gunna be whining like crazy about this one. Not because I knew it was good or bad officiating mind you, your just one of those guys who tends to think its impossible for SDSU to straight up beat you in a close game.

JackJD
November 4th, 2012, 04:27 PM
SIU and that 3-4 defense have given us fits 3 out of the 5 times we have played SIU....

Series record: SDSU 3, SIU 2.

HandoEX
November 4th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Honest to God as soon as we won my first thought was, man, Houndawg is gunna be whining like crazy about this one. Not because I knew it was good or bad officiating mind you, your just one of those guys who tends to think its impossible for SDSU to straight up beat you in a close game.
You are alive? Haven't seen you on any forums in forever! Making the trip this weekend?

Thumper 76
November 4th, 2012, 05:03 PM
You are alive? Haven't seen you on any forums in forever! Making the trip this weekend?
Unfortunately I can't make the trip I don't think due to work, which blows. Just had a kid and whatnot, long story, just super busy. I plan on having that remidied soon enough however.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 4th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Unfortunately I can't make the trip I don't think due to work, which blows. Just had a kid and whatnot, long story, just super busy. I plan on having that remidied soon enough however.

Gonna sell the kid, eh?

Thumper 76
November 4th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Gonna sell the kid, eh?
U betcha! That or just put her in a basket and float her down the Nile, not sure which.

I-16Bandit
November 4th, 2012, 05:26 PM
I have really no idea about this rivalry, but it sounds like this game is very very similar to the Georgia Southern/App State game from this past weekend.

Bisonwinagn
November 4th, 2012, 05:40 PM
I have really no idea about this rivalry, but it sounds like this game is very very similar to the Georgia Southern/App State game from this past weekend.

I would consider this a friendly rivalry as we moved up to D1 together and most fans root for the other team when we aren't playing each other. The hated rival is clearly UND, but since we haven't played them since our transition to D1 we like to take out our frustrations on UNI.

I-16Bandit
November 4th, 2012, 06:27 PM
I would consider this a friendly rivalry

Ah, see there is the difference. :D

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Ah, see there is the difference. :D

I would still contend that this was a manufactured rivalry from the DI move. NDSU and SDSU have been playing for 100 years and there wasn't a trophy until 2004. USD and UND are their more traditional rivals and that's where all the nastiness comes in.

DJKyR0
November 4th, 2012, 06:35 PM
I don't have a problem with SDSU being successful as long as they stay out of NDSU's way. I want UND to lose every game they play in every sport and in embarrassing fashion. The reasons are multiple, but mostly dealing with the fact that SDSU has more or less stuck with us and moved up to D-I with us when everybody else was laughing. Then USD and UND get all starry-eyed when they see us doing halfways decent and decide that riding our coattails is the way to build a program. It's petulant, annoying, and just makes you shake your head. SDSU, on the other hand, actually had some success near the start of the eligibility era and is doing the same now. Good for them.

Hope we win by 50 on Saturday.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2012, 06:37 PM
I don't have a problem with SDSU being successful as long as they stay out of NDSU's way. I want UND to lose every game they play in every sport and in embarrassing fashion. The reasons are multiple, but mostly dealing with the fact that SDSU has more or less stuck with us and moved up to D-I with us when everybody else was laughing. Then USD and UND get all starry-eyed when they see us doing halfways decent and decide that riding our coattails is the way to build a program. It's petulant, annoying, and just makes you shake your head. SDSU, on the other hand, actually had some success near the start of the eligibility era and is doing the same now. Good for them.

Hope we win by 50 on Saturday.

I'd settle for 30

swaghook
November 4th, 2012, 06:49 PM
I'd settle for 30
I'm not greedy. I will settle for a win period.

BisonFan02
November 4th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I'm not greedy. I will settle for a win period.

This.

Nodak,

You have been voted off the prediction island. :D

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2012, 07:18 PM
This.

Nodak,

You have been voted off the prediction island. :D

I wasn't predicting anything. I am hoping for a decisive victory because I need to see a championship team out there some ****ing time.

BisonFan02
November 4th, 2012, 10:26 PM
I wasn't predicting anything. I am hoping for a decisive victory because I need to see a championship team out there some ****ing time.

Jose Mohler is long gone. This team hung 51 pts on MoSt. last year.

NDSU 42
MSU 10

Keep it to hoping. :D (just giving you crap)

jacksfan29
November 4th, 2012, 10:51 PM
NoDak 4 is correct, though I think the "manufactured" rivalry has actually worked. Take a look at the crowds in FB and BB over the past several years. We don't like each other during the game, but become friendly before and after. The hatred definitely comes into play when USD/SDSU or UND/NDSU get together.

I would still contend that this was a manufactured rivalry from the DI move. NDSU and SDSU have been playing for 100 years and there wasn't a trophy until 2004. USD and UND are their more traditional rivals and that's where all the nastiness comes in.

ITmonarch10
November 4th, 2012, 11:30 PM

Sounds easy, doesn't it?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3rF_WVTOmj8/TqHCjlGqODI/AAAAAAAAAio/p6r66eQqQL0/s1600/Dakota_Marker.jpg
I bet that thing would make a nice door stopper. :D JK
GL SDSU im rooting for you guys to win so ODU gets a higher seed.

Hammerhead
November 4th, 2012, 11:52 PM
When people ask me what North Dakota is like, I just tell them that it's South Dakota without Mt. Rushmore and little bit colder. ;)

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2012, 06:18 AM
This should be a very good game.

Sumner is going to have to be on his game for the Jacks to win. The Bison defense has been playing great all year and they should continue that on saturday.

If Jensen makes good decisions and does not force the ball and takes what the Jacks give him in the passing game then I see a Bison win. If the Bison have multiple TOs then this game will be close or a Bison loss.

The Jacks defense is good so the Bison need to run/pass.

It will be a fun one to watch.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 5th, 2012, 06:51 AM
NoDak 4 is correct, though I think the "manufactured" rivalry has actually worked. Take a look at the crowds in FB and BB over the past several years. We don't like each other during the game, but become friendly before and after. The hatred definitely comes into play when USD/SDSU or UND/NDSU get together.

Hell, 25% of my undergraduate credits came from SDSU. Took my junior year in Brookings and I loved it.

bisonnation
November 5th, 2012, 09:37 AM
When people ask me what North Dakota is like, I just tell them that it's South Dakota without Mt. Rushmore and little bit colder. ;)

By saying South Dakota is warmer than North Dakota would be implying South Dakota is warm. Both are cold as heck in the winter! The 5 degrees is hardly noticeable. :rofl:

Jacked_Rabbit
November 5th, 2012, 09:43 AM
I've noticed that most people from the South (SEC country, basically) simply refer to either South or North Dakota as simply "Dakota". They don't even bother differentiating between the two...

You can introduce yourself as being from South Dakota, and they'll turn right around to their buddy 2 minutes later and say "Hey, this guy is from Dakota". Not sure if its just a Southern thing, or if we are so irrelevant to the rest of the Nation that they don't even realize that there are actually two seperate states up there. haha!

LeeshaJo
November 5th, 2012, 09:44 AM
By saying South Dakota is warmer than North Dakota would be implying South Dakota is warm. Both are cold as heck in the winter! The 5 degrees is hardly noticeable. :rofl:

Hey its November and still supposed to be in the 50-60s this week... just enjoy it while it lasts :) the deep freeze will be here soon enough.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 5th, 2012, 09:45 AM
I've noticed that most people from the South (SEC country, basically) simply refer to either South or North Dakota as "Dakota". They don't even bother differentiating between the two...

You can introduce yourself as being from South Dakota, and they'll turn right around to their buddy 2 minutes later and say "Hey, this guy is from Dakota".

some guy from my softball team continuously confuses SD and ND regarding my nativity.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 5th, 2012, 09:46 AM
some guy from my softball team continuously confuses SD and ND regarding my nativity.

Beer League softball? If so, he is probably just wasted...

LeeshaJo
November 5th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I've noticed that most people from the South (SEC country, basically) simply refer to either South or North Dakota as "Dakota". They don't even bother differentiating between the two...

You can introduce yourself as being from South Dakota, and they'll turn right around to their buddy 2 minutes later and say "Hey, this guy is from Dakota".

About 20 years ago I went on a college choir trip to NYC and it was eye opening how much people thought the Dakotas were still in the wild west with no electricity, covered wagons etc... at the same time one of my good friends was serving overseas during Desert Storm and his buddies were giving him grief about the same thing, so a bunch of us from the dorm, ratted our hair out (and believe me at that time we could RAT our Hair) and took pictures of the group of us holding an extension cord saying what is this electricity that arrived today...

All I can say is we are flyover states that many people will never visit and see how amazing the variety is here.

bisonnation
November 5th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Hey its November and still supposed to be in the 50-60s this week... just enjoy it while it lasts :) the deep freeze will be here soon enough.

Wouldn't mind a repeat of last year. I remember tailgating in December with no snow and upper 40's Crazy stuff!

Laker
November 5th, 2012, 10:58 AM

A lot of people don't even know that we have 50 states. And even the NCAA doesn't know the difference between UND and NDSU by sending the football banner to the wrong place. They seem to know the difference between North and South Carolina though.

Southern Bison
November 5th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Has anyone noticed NDSU is the only Dakota team not to feature letters on their helmets, a way to standout from the rest.

The reason that UND sticks with the state letters is that "Fighting Whioux" won't fit on the helmet. Would you rather us put all 9 national championship trophies on the helmet?

moosbah
November 5th, 2012, 11:00 AM
This should be a great game, no doubt. Jacks, enjoy the tailgating and have fun. Recommend buying earplugs.

Southern Bison
November 5th, 2012, 11:11 AM
After the bang-up job Obama did the past 4, he is liable to be added to this rock.

Now this thread has sank to smack!

moosbah
November 5th, 2012, 11:12 AM

Only D1 Dakota team or Dakota college level team?? Dickinson State has nothing on their helmets. And are there a lot of helmets similar to NDSU's? Do you confuse us with Green Bay, or Edmonton a lot???

darell1976
November 5th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Only D1 Dakota team or Dakota college level team?? Dickinson State has nothing on their helmets. And are there a lot of helmets similar to NDSU's? Do you confuse us with Green Bay, or Edmonton a lot???

Yes I always say Dakota teams meaning UND, NDSU, USD, SDSU, and Dickinson State.xlolx

Jacked_Rabbit
November 5th, 2012, 04:12 PM
If any Bison (or Jacks fans that haven't seen it yet) have interest, here are the highlights of SDSU's clutch yet highly improbable 18 play 94 yard game-winning drive at SIU last week (starts at 2:27 min mark).

http://vimeo.com/52859906

In case you can watch on the Vimeo player above, here is a link to the video itself as well:

UNDBIZ
November 5th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Definitely cheering for the bunnies in this one. However, I would be surprised to see that "trophy" head south for the winter..... xdontknowx

LeeshaJo
November 5th, 2012, 04:29 PM
If any Bison (or Jacks fans that haven't seen it yet) have interest, here are the highlights of SDSU's clutch yet highly improbable 18 play 94 yard game-winning drive at SIU last week (starts at 2:27 min mark).

In case you can watch on the Vimeo player above, here is a link to the video itself as well:

Chills:) thanks for posting it I hadn't seen it yet.

BisonBacker
November 5th, 2012, 04:35 PM
That pass on 4th down in that final drive at about the 3 minute mark. Talk about living right. That was one ugly pass and would more aptly be described as a hope and a prayer. Congrats on the win anyway but if you have to rely on a hope and a prayer like that pass well...will just leave it at that. Still a huge drive to win a game.

LeeshaJo
November 5th, 2012, 04:37 PM
That pass on 4th down in that final drive at about the 3 minute mark. Talk about living right. That was one ugly pass and would more aptly be described as a hope and a prayer. Congrats on the win anyway but if you have to rely on a hope and a prayer like that pass well...will just leave it at that. Still a huge drive to win a game.

lol A Duck is a quacker unless it is caught, in which case, it becomes a great 4th down conversion ;) you are right btw... it was UGLY

moosbah
November 5th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Yes I always say Dakota teams meaning UND, NDSU, USD, SDSU, and Dickinson State.xlolx

Perhaps next time be more vague. That will help your cause.xbangx

MarkyMark
November 5th, 2012, 06:01 PM
lol A Duck is a quacker unless it is caught, in which case, it becomes a great 4th down conversion ;) you are right btw... it was UGLY

I saw a couple ducks that somehow became completions. Can we expect more of those inside the dome?

Nice quality video, I enjoyed it.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 5th, 2012, 09:36 PM
I saw a couple ducks that somehow became completions. Can we expect more of those inside the dome?

Nice quality video, I enjoyed it.

I wouldn't count on seeing any... He had to throw that ball about 45 yards (completely across the field and downfield 22 yards) in to a steady 25-30 mph wind in order to get it there. And he did it all off his back foot, under pressure, 4th down, no time left on the clcok, up hill both ways, in the snow, etc, etc...

Sumner has a strong arm. I just hope he throws it to the dudes in the white jerseys come Saturday! We literally can't afford to turn the ball over a single time.

Thumper 76
November 6th, 2012, 08:13 AM

You mean to drive down and win at their place against a team that almost beat you guys at home? ;)

moosbah
November 6th, 2012, 08:44 AM
I wouldn't count on seeing any... He had to throw that ball about 45 yards (completely across the field and downfield 22 yards) in to a steady 25-30 mph wind in order to get it there. And he did it all off his back foot, under pressure, 4th down, no time left on the clcok, up hill both ways, in the snow, etc, etc...

Sumner has a strong arm. I just hope he throws it to the dudes in the white jerseys come Saturday! We literally can't afford to turn the ball over a single time.

Turnovers will be as valuable as the people that created this "rivalrly" would like us to believe it is.

darell1976
November 6th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Perhaps next time be more vague. That will help your cause.xbangx

Seems like you are the only one not to understand it, but I will spell it out just for you.

moosbah
November 6th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Seems like you are the only one not to understand it, but I will spell it out just for you.

xgiveadamnx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Hey Darrel, don't you have some insignificant Big Sky game to worry about?

Jacked_Rabbit
November 6th, 2012, 11:10 AM
For an Rabbit fans that haven't seen it on TV's blog, here is Coach Bohl's press conference regarding the Dakota Marker game. Worth checking out...

http://www.gobison.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=1086406

A few of my favorite comments:

"Throw out the records and rankings, this is a big time rivalry game" ... "If we don't allocate enough guys (to Zenner) defensively, we're gonna get gashed" ... "We'll need to play well to win the game"

moosbah
November 6th, 2012, 12:29 PM
For an Rabbit fans that haven't seen it on TV's blog, here is Coach Bohl's press conference regarding the Dakota Marker game. Worth checking out...

http://www.gobison.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=1086406

A few of my favorite comments:

"Throw out the records and rankings, this is a big time rivalry game" ... "If we don't allocate enough guys (to Zenner) defensively, we're gonna get gashed" ... "We'll need to play well to win the game"

Bohl is very well versed in Coach Speak 101.

mmiller_34
November 6th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Bohl is very well versed in Coach Speak 101.

Agreed. He is a great speaker regardless the situation. I've always thought that Bohl is a class act.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 6th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Agreed. He is a great speaker regardless the situation. I've always thought that Bohl is a class act.

If NDSU wins another title this year, I'm sure he is going to be getting some serious interest from FBS schools.

Twentysix
November 6th, 2012, 01:22 PM
If NDSU wins another title this year, I'm sure he is going to be getting some serious interest from FBS schools.

I personally think that bohl won't leave fargo for anything short of a BCS HC position. He has alot of personal things causing a deep connection to Fargo.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 6th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I personally think that bohl won't leave fargo for anything short of a BCS HC position. He has alot of personal things causing a deep connection to Fargo.

You think, or you hope?! I'm sure you know the situation far better than myself, but I'd think it would be hard to turn down a great offer from a solid non-BCS program.

Twentysix
November 6th, 2012, 01:27 PM
You think, or you hope?! I'm sure you know the situation far better than myself, but I'd think it would be hard to turn down a great offer from a solid non-BCS program.

Think, his familial commitments would trump a non-BCS job, especially further from fargo and nebraska. There may be a few non-BCS jobs that would be plausible, I don't think the Fresno States of the world are going to sway him.

Put it this way, If he were made the HC at Florida State, he would still be in Nebraska and North Dakota every single year.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2012, 01:31 PM

He's making plenty of money for Fargo, has a job he will never lose and married a local girl with a kid. I'm thinking this is more of a Jerry Moore type guy.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 6th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Think, his familial commitments would trump a non-BCS job, especially further from fargo and nebraska. There may be a few non-BCS jobs that would be plausible, I don't think the Fresno States of the world are going to sway him.

Put it this way, If he were made the HC at Florida State, he would still be in Nebraska and North Dakota every single year.

I realize they just had a turnover in staff last year, so it wouldn't be realistic right now, but what about a school like Colorado State? Hell, their Administration just got to what he can do first hand this year... Another potential fit that comes to mind would be Northern Illinois.

With the way things are going under the new staff in Boulder, a BCS option may be opening up at Colorado within the next couple of years...

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2012, 01:38 PM
I realize they just had a turnover in staff last year, so it wouldn't be realistic right now, but what about a school like Colorado State? Hell, their Administration just got to what he can do first hand this year... Another potential fit that comes to mind would be Northern Illinois.

With the way things are going under the new staff in Boulder, a BCS option may be opening up at Colorado within the next couple of years...

I think he needn't look much farther than his good friend Turner Gill. Not all BCS opportunities are created equal.

Twentysix
November 6th, 2012, 01:42 PM

Plausible but I doubt it. P.S. N Ill wouldn't even double bohls financial incentives, I sincerly doubt he would take the risk with any of these proposed jobs. NDSU is more lucrative than CMU and Kent St. I lol'd.

Bohl would probably take HC at Minnesota/Nebraska/Iowa etc. But I am not so sure they would come calling for an FCS coach and I do not think he would take the stepping stone job that would eventually lead to those types of HC positions.

Bisonator
November 6th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I agree that Bohl will not be leaving unless it is with a good BCS school. His wife is from Fargo, his son is going to MSUM in Moorhead, his folks live in Nebraska. He makes very good money here, he likes the lake country in MN. This is a good recruiting area for the type football team we are, big physical smash mouth type farm kids who have a chip on their shoulders for getting looked over. My guess would be unless like Twentysix said, MN, Iowa, NE come calling he will probably retire as the HC at NDSU. GO BISON!!!

moosbah
November 6th, 2012, 02:25 PM

Colorado State and Northern Illlinois just aren't attractive enough to pull him away. Now that Buffalo job might be, although they're the b!tch of the Pac 12, after what has to be one of the WORST decisions to jump conference in history.

darell1976
November 6th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Hey Darrel, don't you have some insignificant Big Sky game to worry about?

Nope...bye week. So I thought I would visit this thread. Should be a good game...SDSU 17 NDSU 14.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Nope...bye week. So I thought I would visit this thread. Should be a good game...SDSU 17 NDSU 14.

Explain the logic underlying that conclusion. Since you're such an interested party and all.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/ff/Cheeseshop.jpg/220px-Cheeseshop.jpg

darell1976
November 6th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Explain the logic underlying that conclusion. Since you're such an interested party and all.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/ff/Cheeseshop.jpg/220px-Cheeseshop.jpg

I see Jensen throwing a pick 6. SDSU plays tough against NDSU even in the Fargodome. NDSU isn't unbeatable they can lose (like 17-14 to ISUb, and to YSU last year). NDSU struggled against MSU, and SIU two teams at or below .500, SDSU if you didn't notice is second in your conference and they won at ISUb. So thats why I came up with 17-14 SDSU.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2012, 03:36 PM
I see Jensen throwing a pick 6. SDSU plays tough against NDSU even in the Fargodome. NDSU isn't unbeatable they can lose (like 17-14 to ISUb, and to YSU last year). NDSU struggled against MSU, and SIU two teams at or below .500, SDSU if you didn't notice is second in your conference and they won at ISUb. So thats why I came up with 17-14 SDSU.

So he throws two pick six passes in the ISUb game against the 2nd best defense in the country and he's naturally going to just do it every game I suppose.

darell1976
November 6th, 2012, 03:39 PM
So he throws two pick six passes in the ISUb game against the 2nd best defense in the country and he's naturally going to just do it every game I suppose.

He could. Nothing says he couldn't. I guess that's why they play the game.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2012, 03:44 PM
He could. Nothing says he couldn't. I guess that's why they play the game.

Yes and Sumner could twist an ankle getting off the bus or Zenner could miss the trip entirely. Yes, anything could happen

Twentysix
November 6th, 2012, 03:46 PM
ipecac in SDSU's gaterade XD

BisonBacker
November 6th, 2012, 03:47 PM
He's making plenty of money for Fargo, has a job he will never lose and married a local girl with a kid. I'm thinking this is more of a Jerry Moore type guy.
Plus his son is playing ball across the river at Moorhead State.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2012, 03:49 PM
ipecac in SDSU's gaterade XD

Yup. flat tire, meteor hits the Fargodome, 8ft of snow falls making it impossible to get to the game. All kinds of things could happen.

Twentysix
November 6th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Yup. flat tire, meteor hits the Fargodome, 8ft of snow falls making it impossible to get to the game. All kinds of things could happen.

Or according to Sam, "Obama could win the election" Causing the world to end on the 7th or 8th of Nov. xpeacex

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Or according to Sam, "Obama could win the election" Causing the world to end on the 7th or 8th of Nov. xpeacex

Oh yeah, I forgot about the republic crumbling. That's almost sure to happen.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 6th, 2012, 03:56 PM

SDSU didn't have much trouble with the 2nd best defense in the country - in their house, for that matter. And don't forget, this Jackrabbit D is ranked #9. We may not be as good as the vaunted Bison D, but it's not like we're a bunch of sloutches either.

frozennorth
November 6th, 2012, 03:57 PM
The only program I'm really concerned about bohl going to in the near future is Iowa. The rest of the jobs in the big10 look to be filled for the next 2 years, or be undesirable.

wow
November 6th, 2012, 04:18 PM

Hold on there, ISUb has the 2nd best scoring defense in the country. Their pass defense is ranked 8.

Sumner did not throw any picks at ISUb, and SDSU scored 24 points (against the number 2 scoring D in the country).

Also, has Jensen thrown any pick sixes since the ISUb game? :)

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Hold on there, ISUb has the 2nd best scoring defense in the country. Their pass defense is ranked 8.

Sumner did not throw any picks at ISUb, and SDSU scored 24 points (against the number 2 scoring D in the country).

no, he hasn't.

wow
November 6th, 2012, 04:25 PM
no, he hasn't.

Huh? Is this a typo from the MSU play by play?

V 3-G H04 Jensen,Brock pass intercepted by Cal Schaffitzel at the MSU0, Cal
Schaffitzel return 100 yards to the NDSU0, TOUCHDOWN, clock 03:23.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 6th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Huh? Is this a typo from the MSU play by play?

V 3-G H04 Jensen,Brock pass intercepted by Cal Schaffitzel at the MSU0, Cal
Schaffitzel return 100 yards to the NDSU0, TOUCHDOWN, clock 03:23.

Totally blocked that from my memory. I remember Scott Miller from the Bison broadcast had a ball with his name.

wow
November 6th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Totally blocked that from my memory. I remember Scott Miller from the Bison broadcast had a ball with his name.

Gotcha. I've had to do the same thing with Sumner multiple times this year.

344Johnson
November 6th, 2012, 07:21 PM

3 picks last week. So...the answer would be yep.

If he comes out and is doing awful in the first half, I give SDSU about a 50% chance at winning. If he comes out and plays average-good, I give SDSU about a 10% shot. They got rolled by UNI, I don't think anyone can blame me for having some doubts about SDSU's ability to win if the Bison offense just doesn't give up any points on it's own.

citdog
November 6th, 2012, 07:22 PM
went over this game in some depth on the FCS Wedge show this week.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 6th, 2012, 07:35 PM
went over this game in some depth on the FCS Wedge show this week.

Wasn't able to listen. Is there a replay? If so, when does the Dakota Marker talk start?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 6th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Wasn't able to listen. Is there a reply? If so, when does the Dakota Marker talk start?

yeah, you can always just click the link at the bottom of the page and it replays at your convenience. Do you guys not check out any of the banner links I put up?xlolx

LeeshaJo
November 6th, 2012, 07:40 PM
yeah, you can always just click the link at the bottom of the page and it replays at your convenience. Do you guys not check out any of the banner links I put up?xlolx

Hey I listened :)

Jacked_Rabbit
November 6th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Hey I listened :)

I skimmed the whole replay about 5 times and couldn't find any NDSU/SDSU talk... I must've done a poor job.

EDIT... Nevermind, I found it at the 30 minute mark.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 6th, 2012, 08:41 PM

If you want to throw comparable scores then you better put the UNI game in there. UNI pounded SDSU and NDSU handled UNI.....xcoffeex

wow
November 7th, 2012, 07:31 AM
If you want to throw comparable scores then you better put the UNI game in there. UNI pounded SDSU and NDSU handled UNI.....xcoffeex

If NDSU can jump to a 10+ lead by half (or sooner) like UNI did, the Bison D won't have to worry about Zenner and the game will be over. UNI is the only team to lead SDSU by more than 4 points at half this season.

Thumper 76
November 7th, 2012, 07:51 AM
If UNI is every Bison fans measuring stick on here, then there is literally no way to have an intelligent conversation about this game with you. However, I don't know why I had expected anything more than "SDSU has zero chance, ZERO, of winning, because we are the BISON and we are so amazing I mastrabate to our roster before I got to bed at night". Honestly, the arrogance the majority of Bison fans throw towards SDSU every marker week is mindblowing. You don't go almost the whole season through the MVFC with only one loss without being a good team. Is NDSU better? On paper, sure. But I'm pretty sure there is a reason they play the game. Now if I had to put my life on the game, sure I would pick NDSU, its at the dome, and the Jacks were not clicking in the last game at ALL, and there is the possibility of a let down after last weeks emotional win. However, to suggest that this game should not even be played is Bison arrogance and homerism at its finest.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 7th, 2012, 08:15 AM
If UNI is every Bison fans measuring stick on here, then there is literally no way to have an intelligent conversation about this game with you. However, I don't know why I had expected anything more than "SDSU has zero chance, ZERO, of winning, because we are the BISON and we are so amazing I mastrabate to our roster before I got to bed at night". Honestly, the arrogance the majority of Bison fans throw towards SDSU every marker week is mindblowing. You don't go almost the whole season through the MVFC with only one loss without being a good team. Is NDSU better? On paper, sure. But I'm pretty sure there is a reason they play the game. Now if I had to put my life on the game, sure I would pick NDSU, its at the dome, and the Jacks were not clicking in the last game at ALL, and there is the possibility of a let down after last weeks emotional win. However, to suggest that this game should not even be played is Bison arrogance and homerism at its finest.

Nobody ever suggested the game shouldn't be played. Stop acting all butthurt and come up with something tangible instead of "oh you arrogant Bison fans"

Professor Chaos
November 7th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Calm down there Chuck, you're gonna pop an O-ring in you don't loosen up that sphincter.

Also, to claim that one Bison's fan opinion that SDSU has zero chance to win this game somehow leads to the majority of Bison fans hurling arrogance at poor wittle SDSU is laughable. I resent that fact that so many fans (and athletes) love to take the most bragodocial opinion they can find and generalize it as the collective opinion of an entire group so they can play the "nobody believes in us" card. If you want to think that most Bison fans are of the opinion that SDSU has no chance to win and that this game shouldn't be played, go for it. But you don't win 22 or your last 24 including a national championship without being a good team so most Bison fans expect the home team to win. Sorry if that offends your delicate sensibilities.

RabidRabbit
November 7th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Looking forward to Hanging out tailgating with the Bison fans, and learning about the FargoDome decibals. Two great defensive teams, with adequate offenses both ways. Likely that much of the scoring may be defensive.

See you NoDakers, and Jacks fans in Fargo.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 7th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Calm down there Chuck, you're gonna pop an O-ring in you don't loosen up that sphincter.

Also, to claim that one Bison's fan opinion that SDSU has zero chance to win this game somehow leads to the majority of Bison fans hurling arrogance at poor wittle SDSU is laughable. I resent that fact that so many fans (and athletes) love to take the most bragodocial opinion they can find and generalize it as the collective opinion of an entire group so they can play the "nobody believes in us" card. If you want to think that most Bison fans are of the opinion that SDSU has no chance to win and that this game shouldn't be played, go for it. But you don't win 22 or your last 24 including a national championship without being a good team so most Bison fans expect the home team to win. Sorry if that offends your delicate sensibilities.

This.

Come on SDSU fans. Our schools are almost the same size, have similar financial endowments and academic programs and play on the same level in athletics. Have some ****ing pride and sack up a little bit!

You make some damn good ice cream.

kbswish22
November 7th, 2012, 09:19 AM
The only program I'm really concerned about bohl going to in the near future is Iowa. The rest of the jobs in the big10 look to be filled for the next 2 years, or be undesirable.

There is no chance he goes to Iowa in the next two years. As bad as Iowa is right now, Kirk's contract goes through 2020, and would be approximately a 20 million dollar buyout. Not going to happen.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 7th, 2012, 09:59 AM
It's hard not to wonder what this thread would've been like with Lakes & Mpls providing their expert analysis on how this game will play out... xlolx

I hope those two are having a great week!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 7th, 2012, 10:01 AM
It's hard not to wonder what this thread would've been like with Lakes & Mpls providing their expert analysis on how this game will play out... xlolx

I hope those two are having a great week!

Ever hear/see Human Centipede 2? That's kind of what I imagine MPLS to be when that last thread of sanity leaves him.

Lakes, I'm sure is absolutely dying. He's probably just writing posts to himself, high-fiving the wall when he gets you guys real good!

Laker
November 7th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Ever hear/see Human Centipede 2? That's kind of what I imagine MPLS to be when that last thread of sanity leaves him.

I'm still cleaning the banana that I was eating off of the screen. What a thought!

Jacked_Rabbit
November 7th, 2012, 10:10 AM

Lakes, I'm sure is absolutely dying. He's probably just writing posts to himself, high-fiving the wall when he gets you guys real good!

Regretfully, I must've missed the blockbuster hit Human Centipede 2 when it came out in theaters... I just did a quick Google Image search of it, and I'm now afraid I may not sleep for a week... xeekx

As for Lakes, that sounds about right. I picture it all unfolding in his mom's basement.

AmsterBison
November 7th, 2012, 10:40 AM
When two teams have good defenses, the team with big play capability on offense might have an edge. In this case, that'd be SDSU.

That said, I'm hoping that NDSU's defense is closer to "great" than "good" on Saturday.

Looking forward to the 99th game in this 110-year-old rivalry. Hopefully the 100th meeting is late in the playoffs.

Twentysix
November 7th, 2012, 11:18 AM
When two teams have good defenses, the team with big play capability on offense might have an edge. In this case, that'd be SDSU.

That said, I'm hoping that NDSU's defense is closer to "great" than "good" on Saturday.

Looking forward to the 99th game in this 110-year-old rivalry. Hopefully the 100th meeting is late in the playoffs.

Like in frisco ;)

BisonBabe
November 7th, 2012, 11:54 AM

Aren't we all :)

Twentysix
November 7th, 2012, 11:55 AM
http://fargo.craigslist.org/tix/3391844764.html

$150 per ticket, not bad. Snatch it up before they are gone.

http://fargo.craigslist.org/tix/3390187875.html

$100 per ticket, but you have to buy 3.

BisonBabe
November 7th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Twentysix ... like I have said before my real life responsibilities do not permit me to spend that kind of money for entertainment. Also I do not pay that much over what the seats are priced at. My choice so if I don't pay the asking price I will be sitting at home watching on TV. Unless I get lucky and have seats dropped into my lap. Never know :)

NoDak 4 Ever
November 7th, 2012, 12:36 PM
My best friend is tired of taking his uninterested teenager so I have a standing offer for his other ticket to any game.

Too bad it's 1000 miles away. :)

Twentysix
November 7th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Twentysix ... like I have said before my real life responsibilities do not permit me to spend that kind of money for entertainment. Also I do not pay that much over what the seats are priced at. My choice so if I don't pay the asking price I will be sitting at home watching on TV. Unless I get lucky and have seats dropped into my lap. Never know :)

It was for the bunny fan. If someone really wants to go to the game $100 a ticket isn't too bad. Not having kids is wonderful when it comes to things like this :)!

NDSUstudent
November 7th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Or what you do is buy season tickets and sell some individual games for 150 a pop and you basically pay for your season tickets from one or two games.

jackrabbit1979
November 7th, 2012, 02:17 PM
I've noticed that most people from the South (SEC country, basically) simply refer to either South or North Dakota as simply "Dakota". They don't even bother differentiating between the two...

You can introduce yourself as being from South Dakota, and they'll turn right around to their buddy 2 minutes later and say "Hey, this guy is from Dakota". Not sure if its just a Southern thing, or if we are so irrelevant to the rest of the Nation that they don't even realize that there are actually two seperate states up there. haha!

Not sure you even have to be in the South to hear this....I've heard the same from folks from eastern Minnesota.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 7th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Not sure you even have to be in the South to hear this....I've heard the same from folks from eastern Minnesota.

I've told this story a couple of times. I used to date a girl from Beresford who's father was a dairy farmer. They knew I was from North Dakota and they used to talk to me like I was the biggest hick in the world. I'm from Fargo and went to high school with more people than the entire population of their little town.

344Johnson
November 7th, 2012, 03:10 PM
I've told this story a couple of times. I used to date a girl from Beresford who's father was a dairy farmer. They knew I was from North Dakota and they used to talk to me like I was the biggest hick in the world. I'm from Fargo and went to high school with more people than the entire population of their little town.

Grew up in Jamestown, went to school with 160 kids in my class. Get harassed all the time by small-town Minnesota kids. why? that is a great question. The best is when they say Minnesota kids are naturally better athletes(and believe it).

Thumper 76
November 8th, 2012, 12:25 AM

Its not just one guy, and its not that you expect to win. Thats fine, I would hope you expect to win. Its the endless Bison fans who come out and sneer at any post by a Jack fan about having a chance at winning like they are below the mighty Bison and are so far below them in fact that they have the same chance as a DII. Thats the vibe I get on just about 75-80% of the Bison fan posts. Thats whats aggravating. But, that is what makes deflating your dreams so much fun. Goddamn I hope we win, should be a great game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 8th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Grew up in Jamestown, went to school with 160 kids in my class. Get harassed all the time by small-town Minnesota kids. why? that is a great question. The best is when they say Minnesota kids are naturally better athletes(and believe it).

LOL....160 is huge compared to my grad class of 42

NDSUstudent
November 8th, 2012, 07:16 AM

I have lived by Duluth my whole life (besides when I went to NDSU for school) and I have NEVER heard anyone around the area say "Dakota." But I come from a very small town with a graduating class of 37.

darell1976
November 8th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Its not just one guy, and its not that you expect to win. Thats fine, I would hope you expect to win. Its the endless Bison fans who come out and sneer at any post by a Jack fan about having a chance at winning like they are below the mighty Bison and are so far below them in fact that they have the same chance as a DII. Thats the vibe I get on just about 75-80% of the Bison fan posts. Thats whats aggravating. But, that is what makes deflating your dreams so much fun. Goddamn I hope we win, should be a great game.

Most do that about every team they play not just SDSU. All hail the Mighty Bison.xbowx

AmsterBison
November 8th, 2012, 08:04 AM
I have lived by Duluth my whole life (besides when I went to NDSU for school) and I have NEVER heard anyone around the area say "Dakota." But I come from a very small town with a graduating class of 37.

I hear "The Dakotas" all the time, which makes sense. Only time I've heard Dakota without "North", "South", or "Territory*" is when somebody is talking about the Sioux tribe or their language.

Edit: Oops, I forgot, some knuckleheads in Grand Forks wanted to change the name of "North Dakota" to "Dakota" because the "North" makes the place sound too cold.

* Factoid: Dakota Territory was huge - over 300,000 square miles.

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2012, 08:10 AM
If that's what you're getting from 75-80% of posts from Bison fans you're manufacturing something that isn't there. I'll give you that there are some of use who are overly confident to the point of arrogance. But for the most part we're confident that NDSU will win, nothing more. If we disagree with your assessment that SDSU will win we'll argue with you about it, that's what happens on message boards. For instance, I expect the Bison to win by more than 1 score but I'm fully accepting of the fact that if Jensen continues his turnover prone ways or if Zenner goes off SDSU could steal this one.

Laker
November 8th, 2012, 08:35 AM
LOL....160 is huge compared to my grad class of 42

Buffalo Lake, class of 1972, 38 graduates. Of course we must have been above average like Lake Wobegon since no one just said, "Dakota". xsmiley_wix

darell1976
November 8th, 2012, 08:44 AM
I hear "The Dakotas" all the time, which makes sense. Only time I've heard Dakota without "North", "South", or "Territory*" is when somebody is talking about the Sioux tribe or their language.

Edit: Oops, I forgot, some knuckleheads in Grand Forks wanted to change the name of "North Dakota" to "Dakota" because the "North" makes the place sound too cold.

* Factoid: Dakota Territory was huge - over 300,000 square miles.

I didn't know the ND Chamber of Commerence is in Grand Forks? Then the web is wrong when the address is Bismarck (2000 Schafer Street
Bismarck, ND (701) 222-0929). Nice try to slam Grand Forks.
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/06/27/us/national-briefing-plains-north-dakota-group-backs-state-name-change.html

Hoping that a name change will help the state seem a little less cold and forbidding, the North Dakota Chamber of Commerce is supporting a proposal to rename the state ''Dakota.''

darell1976
November 8th, 2012, 08:49 AM
If that's what you're getting from 75-80% of posts from Bison fans you're manufacturing something that isn't there. I'll give you that there are some of use who are overly confident to the point of arrogance. But for the most part we're confident that NDSU will win, nothing more. If we disagree with your assessment that SDSU will win we'll argue with you about it, that's what happens on message boards. For instance, I expect the Bison to win by more than 1 score but I'm fully accepting of the fact that if Jensen continues his turnover prone ways or if Zenner goes off SDSU could steal this one.

Yes message boards are fun for stating your opinion. But if anyone from any school says something negative of NDSU whether its backed up with fact or not, they get bombarded by (some not all) Bison fans who love to argue, name call, and slam you until you simply give up and go away. That is probably what Thumper is getting at.

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Yes message boards are fun for stating your opinion. But if anyone from any school says something negative of NDSU whether its backed up with fact or not, they get bombarded by (some not all) Bison fans who love to argue, name call, and slam you until you simply give up and go away. That is probably what Thumper is getting at.
Again, name calling and personal slams are something I don't see a lot of from Bison fans outside of the usual suspects (you know who I'm talking about). Slamming other teams is another matter. I don't always agee with tearing down the opponent to build your own team up but it is a method of argument. If there was another team that was defending national champs and #1 in the country right now I guarantee they'd have their share of blowhards on this board too. My contention is that many of you go out of your way to take those NDSU blowhards' opinion and generalize it as representing the majority of our fan base.

NDSUstudent
November 8th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Again, name calling and personal slams are something I don't see a lot of from Bison fans outside of the usual suspects (you know who I'm talking about). Slamming other teams is another matter. I don't always agee with tearing down the opponent to build your own team up but it is a method of argument. If there was another team that was defending national champs and #1 in the country right now I guarantee they'd have their share of blowhards on this board too. My contention is that many of you go out of your way to take those NDSU blowhards' opinion and generalize it as representing the majority of our fan base.

Gene Roebuck knows best... oh wait he said "racist blowhards."

darell1976
November 8th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Gene Roebuck knows best... oh wait he said "racist blowhards."

Oh yeah that's when NDSU just got done winning the NC game against SHSU, and the first thing out of their mouths were....Sioux suck. xsmhx

Bison06
November 8th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Oh yeah that's when NDSU just got done winning the NC game against SHSU, and the first thing out of their mouths were....Sioux suck. xsmhx

I hear the loudest the Alerus center got this year was when the PA announcer told the crowd NDSU had lost to Indiana State. Pot meet kettle my man.

NDSUstudent
November 8th, 2012, 09:19 AM

I think only one Bison player said it and it was because his sister plays for UND.

darell1976
November 8th, 2012, 09:20 AM
I think only one Bison player said it and it was because his sister plays for UND.

That and the Gov. leading the chant here we go Bison here we go (cue the Sioux Suck by the crowd).

NDSUstudent
November 8th, 2012, 09:22 AM
That and the Gov. leading the chant here we go Bison here we go (cue the Sioux Suck by the crowd).

When/where was this? Got a link or vid?

Bison06
November 8th, 2012, 09:25 AM

Dude get over it, it means nothing. It is a habit that is hard to break and has nothing to do with being stuck in the past or fixated on UND.

The cheer doesn't sound complete without saying something in the space between here we go bison, here we go...clap, clap. It is a two beat that almost forces you to say something in your head. It had been habit for many years to say Sioux suck in that space and it has stuck with a lot of people.

Go Bison
November 8th, 2012, 09:27 AM

Honestly, at games the cheer is Let's Go Bison not Here we go Bison. You were at the NDSU/ Youngstown State game, did you hear Sioux suck at that game? I didn't.

BisonBacker
November 8th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Honestly, at games the cheer is Let's Go Bison not Here we go Bison. You were at the NDSU/ Youngstown State game, did you hear Sioux suck at that game? I didn't.

When your team plays like the whioux you have to do something to try to keep your team relevant and out there. xlolx

darell1976
November 8th, 2012, 09:29 AM
When/where was this? Got a link or vid?

http://www.wdaz.com/event/article/id/11799/

Later that night, when 1,500 fans gathered in front of the Fargodome to welcome home their team, Gov. Jack Dalrymple started the same cheer: “Here we go Bison, here we go.” Little did the governor realize the chant must mysteriously spark an impulse to be insulting.

As if on cue, Bison supporters started yelling an additional “Sioux suck” to the cheer.

darell1976
November 8th, 2012, 09:31 AM

I wasn't at the game, my wife and son were.