PDA

View Full Version : New Griz QB Coach brings impressive credentials

Ronbo
August 8th, 2006, 05:17 PM
http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2006/08/08/web/websports/ws72.txt

2nd all time winningest HC at NAU.
Former OC for UCLA.
Former QB coach for UCLA, Washington, Minnesota, and Maryland.
Coached QB's Troy Aikman, Cody Pickett, Marques Tuiasosopo, Travis Brown, and Neal O'Donnell.

Welcome aboard Steve Axman.

mikebigg
August 8th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Impressive resume... I see why the Griz always rank near the top and contend for the National Championship. Where do yall mostly recruit from? Do yall have heavy transfers from Pac 10, etc?

Good Hire!

Ronbo
August 8th, 2006, 09:07 PM
We recruit Montana of course and have 52 Montana boys on the roster for 2006. California is probably our second most recruited State followed closely by Washington. We always have some Idaho and Colorado kids and we usually have a couple Oregon kids.

Our roster
http://wpe1.montanagrizzlies.com/fmi/xsl/mt_griz/db/roster/xsl/list.xsl?-db=mtgriz_content&-lay=content_roster_web&id_team=100&roster_bio_year=2006&flag_record_type_roster=YES&switch=YES&-sortfield.1=person_name_last&-sortorder.1=ascend&-token.2=1&-token.3=1&-token.4=1&-token.5=1&-token.6=1&-token.7=1&-token.8=0&-token.9=1&-max=all&-find

We get 2-4 transfers a year. I've been told that the Department gets dozens of transfer contacts every year, so the Coaches are very selective in who they bring on. Our Coaches have many contacts in the Pac 10 so we get some from there. We had 3 Pac 10, 1 Big Twelve, and 1 CUSA this year. This is the most transfers I've ever seen but they are all really good players and hard to turn away.

Craig Chambers, leading receiver from Washington. UW seems to be losing some talent since Willingham came aboard.
Josh Swogger, former starter (2004), and 2005 backup QB at Washington State.
Reggie Bradshaw, RB, fastest player on the Louisville team last year. Stuck behind the #1 pro RB prospect.
Greg Coleman, Iowa States 2nd leading rusher. Once again stuck behind a stud I-A RB.

We have a late CB addition from Arizona that's on campus and has reported but hasn't been announced yet. I think because he has to be enrolled in classes. We'll know who he is soon, the Coaches are said to be excited about him.

slostang
August 8th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Impressive resume... I see why the Griz always rank near the top and contend for the National Championship. Where do yall mostly recruit from? Do yall have heavy transfers from Pac 10, etc?
Good Hire!
QB - Josh Swogger Sr Transfer from Washington State
WR- Craig Chambers Jr Transfer from Washington
CB- Yet to be named from Arizona

All three have started games in the Pac 10.