PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian State at Georgia Southern, Mr. C's Official Game Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3

biggie
November 3rd, 2012, 04:19 PM
Shocked. But happy.

ASUG8
Note to self....don't be named GSU or ASU and ranked number one when this game comes around.

cbarrier90
Still not sure how App won, but I'll happily eat my crow.

GSU EAGLES
November 3rd, 2012, 04:27 PM
The difference in this one was all the breaks seemed to fall App's way.

The penalty at the end summed the game up for us. We were driving, and on 4th and 3 after our was guy already past the 1st down marker, our outside blocker grabs a facemask. 15 yard penalty. end of game.

No doubt a great rivalry that I hope continues in the FBS.

McLeansvilleAppFan
November 3rd, 2012, 04:28 PM
One of those games where the stats may favor GaSo but ASU did have a better 2nd half. You missed more FGs than us for one. And GaSo had really bad penalties on three drives - the 12th man in the huddle set up the missed FG. The 30 yards in penalties penalty on the punt, and the final play with the offensive facemask. That was the difference I think - and I will take it.

Saint3333
November 3rd, 2012, 04:28 PM
TOP App 21 min GSU 38. That is unbelievable.

Horseshoe App
November 3rd, 2012, 04:32 PM
You must have missed where the RB went after his knee on a dead ball play.

It was not a dead ball. Coming from one of the teams that live on cut blocks, you should just stay quiet. And that is a common play. If I am a 185 pound running back and see Brent Russell going at me, I would go low as well.

SpiritCymbal
November 3rd, 2012, 04:32 PM
I guessed someone would go there.

Hahaha...come on. Even the most objective "homer" fan can recognize that the refs were directly responsible for a 9 point shift in this game. Price's TD where he clearly stepped out of bounds around the 30 yrd line and then the GSU safety that was called down at the 1 inch line. Both were obvious blown calls that would have easily been overturned if 1-aa football had replay/challenges (or called correctly in the 1st place).

Having said that...the difference in this game was lack of passing D and lack of a kicker for GSU.

SpiritCymbal
November 3rd, 2012, 04:34 PM
It was not a dead ball. Coming from one of the teams that live on cut blocks, you should just stay quiet. And that is a common play. If I am a 185 pound running back and see Brent Russell going at me, I would go low as well.

I'll agree that it wasn't a flagrant foul. Simply a block at the knees that had an unfortunate outcome.

Horseshoe App
November 3rd, 2012, 04:34 PM
Hahaha...come on. Even the most objective "homer" fan can recognize that the refs were directly responsible for a 9 point shift in this game. Price's TD where he clearly stepped out of bounds around the 30 yrd line and then the GSU safety that was called down at the 1 inch line. Both were obvious blown calls that would have easily been overturned if 1-aa football had replay/challenges.

Having said that...the difference in this game was lack of passing D and lack of a kicker for GSU.

Even the announcers said it would have been hard to overturn. Anyway. I will take the win!!

SpiritCymbal
November 3rd, 2012, 04:36 PM
Even the announcers said it would have been hard to overturn. Anyway. I will take the win!!

Which announcers? The ASU announcers? ESPN announcers were all over it.....

The Eagle's Cliff
November 3rd, 2012, 04:37 PM
3 missed FG, a safety erased by the officials, a TD for App when the receiver stepped a whole yard out of bounds, etc. App definitely exposed GSU's poor blocking in the second half, but GSU should've won that game by 20+ Very disappointed in our play and we earned the loss

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

AppAlum2003
November 3rd, 2012, 04:40 PM
3 missed FG, a safety erased by the officials, a TD for App when the receiver stepped a whole yard out of bounds, etc. App definitely exposed GSU's poor blocking in the second half, but GSU should've won that game by 20+ Very disappointed in our play and we earned the loss

LOL... A whole yard? Way to be dramatic. Watching the replay it's extremely close - if he's up on his toes while running he's clearly in bounds. ESPN announcers even agreed it was nearly impossible to tell.

Maybe the yardstick you GSU grads use to measure "things" is a bit exaggerated.

Horseshoe App
November 3rd, 2012, 04:40 PM
Which announcers? The ASU announcers? ESPN announcers were all over it.....

ESPN's announcers are the ones who said they would have a hard time overturning it.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 3rd, 2012, 04:41 PM
The story of the day is GSU's field goal kicking....there is absolutely no f***ing excuse for how pitiful we are there. I'm quite sure Statesboro High school could have lined up and made at least two of those three field goals. We'd be 9-0 with even a mediocre field goal unit.

On a lesser note, I really hope GSU got a big break somewhere in the game with resepct to inept officiating. That would make me feel a whole lot better.

Horseshoe App
November 3rd, 2012, 04:43 PM

I hope you don't live near a cliff. With that synopsis, I would be afraid you would jump off. I am a true ASU homer, but there is no way that GSU should have won by 20.

AppAlum2003
November 3rd, 2012, 04:44 PM
The story of the day is GSU's field goal kicking....there is absolutely no f***ing excuse for how pitiful we are there. I'm quite sure Statesboro High school could have lined up and made at least two of those three field goals. We'd be 9-0 with even a mediocre field goal unit.

On a lesser note, I really hope GSU got a big break somewhere in the game with resepct to inept officiating. That would make me feel a whole lot better.

Your kicker missed two... One was blocked. Our kicker missed one from 25. So, call it a three point swing.

SpiritCymbal
November 3rd, 2012, 04:45 PM
Your kicker missed two... One was blocked. Our kicker missed one from 25. So, call it a three point swing.

Did you watch the blocked kick? I'm pretty sure it was blocked by our own lineman's arse it was kicked so poorly. hahahaha....

AppAlum2003
November 3rd, 2012, 04:48 PM
Did you watch the blocked kick? I'm pretty sure it was blocked by our own lineman's arse it was kicked so poorly. hahahaha....

It was blocked by Adam Scott, but you have a point. Dude's kicking style is horrid.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 3rd, 2012, 04:50 PM

That field goal was right in front of me. The ball was kicked at too low of an angle. It's on the field goal unit.

ASUG8
November 3rd, 2012, 04:51 PM
Hahaha...come on. Even the most objective "homer" fan can recognize that the refs were directly responsible for a 9 point shift in this game. Price's TD where he clearly stepped out of bounds around the 30 yrd line and then the GSU safety that was called down at the 1 inch line. Both were obvious blown calls that would have easily been overturned if 1-aa football had replay/challenges (or called correctly in the 1st place).

Your kicker alone is responsible for a 9 point shift.

SpeedkingATL
November 3rd, 2012, 04:57 PM
Wofford and Sammy in OT!

asknoquarter21
November 3rd, 2012, 04:59 PM
Wofford and Sammy in OT!

final

24-17 Sammy!!!!!!!!

SpeedkingATL
November 3rd, 2012, 04:59 PM
Sammy beats Wofford in OT. Logjam at 2 losses in the SoCon.

CID1990
November 3rd, 2012, 05:06 PM
Touchdown Citadel!!!

cbarrier90
November 3rd, 2012, 05:11 PM
Touchdown Citadel!!!

This post has really lost its sting! xlolx

ASUG8
November 3rd, 2012, 05:12 PM
Touchdown Citadel!!!

Again, go away.

It is pretty funny.

Mr. C
November 3rd, 2012, 05:13 PM
Your kicker alone is responsible for a 9 point shift.

ASU missed a chippy FG too.

Mr. C
November 3rd, 2012, 05:14 PM
Touchdown Citadel!!!

Don't know how you folks are not celebrating a SoCon championship. It was also set up for you after beating ASU and GSU.

Southern Bison
November 3rd, 2012, 05:16 PM
Note to self....don't be named GSU or ASU and ranked number one when this game comes around.

Ga Southern wasn't the #1 ranked team and they showed it again today. Congrats to App State on the win.

Mr. C
November 3rd, 2012, 05:17 PM

ASU would have still had a first down deep in GSU territory after Price's play. Who is to say the Mountaineers don't score anyway on that drive.

Mr. C
November 3rd, 2012, 05:19 PM
Ga Southern wasn't the #1 ranked team and they showed it again today. Congrats to App State on the win.

Georgia Southern was ranked No. 1 in both the coaches poll and the College Sports Journal poll. TSN was the only poll that didn't have GSU ranked No. 1.

Apphole
November 3rd, 2012, 05:23 PM
What a game. Enjoyed meeting some GaSo fans before the game. ASUMike and I had a good time chatting with some older Stink fans. Very classy group and great tailgate atmosphere.

I was very disappointed in the game atmosphere. It wasn't loud at all. There was one moment after the safety (it was a safety and should have been called) where it got to KBS level noise, but a 60 yard bomb to Price sure snuffed that out. I was appalled when the GaSo student section came close to starting a brawl while Russel was lying hurt on the field. App fans were waiting for him to hop up and the entire section just turned and yelled and booed our fans. It was absolutely classless. My personal interactions with GaSo fans were great. Great people. But that collective action was deplorable.

As far as the game goes, bad officiating all around as usual. Safety should have been called. That no call was huge. They were giving GaSo 3 yards every time they got to the line of scrimmage. Typical SoCon refs.

Year 3 in a row where the number one team lost in this rivalry. This is easily the best rivalry in the FCS. I love it.

Good game fellas. Furple better be ready.

GSUwinsagain
November 3rd, 2012, 05:33 PM
No Excuses. App won the game. Congratulations on a hard fought victory. We had the ball and could have won the game, but App made more plays down the stretch to win it.

Gringer1
November 3rd, 2012, 05:43 PM
What a game. Enjoyed meeting some GaSo fans before the game. ASUMike and I had a good time chatting with some older Stink fans. Very classy group and great tailgate atmosphere.

I was very disappointed in the game atmosphere. It wasn't loud at all. There was one moment after the safety (it was a safety and should have been called) where it got to KBS level noise, but a 60 yard bomb to Price sure snuffed that out. I was appalled when the GaSo student section came close to starting a brawl while Russel was lying hurt on the field. App fans were waiting for him to hop up and the entire section just turned and yelled and booed our fans. It was absolutely classless. My personal interactions with GaSo fans were great. Great people. But that collective action was deplorable.

As far as the game goes, bad officiating all around as usual. Safety should have been called. That no call was huge. They were giving GaSo 3 yards every time they got to the line of scrimmage. Typical SoCon refs.

Year 3 in a row where the number one team lost in this rivalry. This is easily the best rivalry in the FCS. I love it.a

Good game fellas. Furple better be ready.

You mean the time when half the App fans refused to sit down and flipped the student section off when Russell was injured ? There's no way you can flip that around and blame GSU. The App fans started it by celebrating an injured player.

Appattk
November 3rd, 2012, 05:45 PM
If I was GSU I wouldn't try a field goal for the rest of the season!

Apphole
November 3rd, 2012, 05:50 PM
You mean the time when half the App fans refused to sit down and flipped the student section off when Russell was injured ? There's no way you can flip that around and blame GSU. The App fans started it by celebrating an injured player.

That is not what happened. They remained standing, but never even turned to that section of students until the group of jackasses started causing a scene. Even still, several App fans stopped others from continuing to respond. It was a collectove display of butthurt from immature students. NO App fans celebrated the injury. Anything they did or said was directed to the students causing the problem.

Sitting down is not some sort of well known courtesy. When your players went down, we are silent and we clap when they stand up.

AppMAN04
November 3rd, 2012, 05:55 PM
Great win boys!!!

I said its great to be a Mountaineer!!

asumike83
November 3rd, 2012, 05:59 PM
Excellent game, two banged up teams gutting it out. Beautiful day for football, thanks to Eaglesrus and crew for the hospitality. I am off to celebrate in downtown Savannah!

gasoutherneagle
November 3rd, 2012, 05:59 PM
We lost. Y'all won.

Hope the NCAA and SoCon (since the commish was in attendance) sanctions won't be too severe after the students attacked the ref's van. It took a gaggle of cops and a crap-load of mace to get them off.

Normally, I'd say boo on us... NOT THIS TIME!

Refs deserved what they got...

...AS DID the CrAppy fans screaming that they should scrape up the injured *expletive* "player" off the field and play the game. "FU APP STATE" is mild compared to what that group deserved.

I did not participate in it. I UNDERSTAND IT! And, I fully am willing to take whatever punishment is handed out in stride.

Rekdiver
November 3rd, 2012, 06:00 PM
It really sucks to lose. Glad it wasn't us.

Appattk
November 3rd, 2012, 06:03 PM
We lost. Y'all won.

Hope the NCAA and SoCon (since the commish was in attendance) sanctions won't be too severe after the students attacked the ref's van. It took a gaggle of cops and a crap-load of mace to get them off.

...AS DID the CrAppy fans screaming that they should scrape up the injured *expletive* "player" off the field and play the game. "FU APP STATE" is mild compared to what that group deserved.

I did not participate in it. I UNDERSTAND IT! And, I fully am willing to take whatever punishment is handed out in stride.

I'd worry about some major repercussions if the above really happened....

Rekdiver
November 3rd, 2012, 06:03 PM
App didn't win, Southern lost. Neither team is that good

Okay. You are right but we have a w and all of GoSo is pissed.

AppMAN04
November 3rd, 2012, 06:04 PM
We lost. Y'all won.

WOW!! I never understood the purpose of going crazy after a loss... Both acts were immature

"Cant we all just get along" - Rodney King
"HELL NO" - ME

jonmac
November 3rd, 2012, 06:09 PM
We lost. Y'all won.

REALLY?!?!

Nothing that officials do during a football game, I repeat, a football game, excuses criminal behavior. That's just crazy. It's just a football game.

Appattk
November 3rd, 2012, 06:10 PM
WOW!! I never understood the purpose of going crazy after a loss... Both acts were immature

"Cant we all just get along" - Rodney King
"HELL NO" - ME

Of course, we're the team with the fans that took the goal post through the GSU team buses in the past.

The Eagle's Cliff
November 3rd, 2012, 06:18 PM
Okay. You are right but we have a w and all of GoSo is pissed.

I agree. Not pissed at App or Refs. Pissed at us for playing like crap. We deserved to lose.

Apphole
November 3rd, 2012, 06:23 PM
We lost. Y'all won.

WOW

That's a little rough. Even for Stink fans.

CharlotteApp
November 3rd, 2012, 06:25 PM
We lost. Y'all won.

Did that thing with the ref's van really happen? Seriously?

AppMAN04
November 3rd, 2012, 06:27 PM
I agree. Not pissed at App or Refs. Pissed at us for playing like crap. We deserved to lose.

I cant say that I disagree with that.. As many yards that GSU had as well as the time of possession difference, Id say we would have lost off of stats alone. JJ played a good game and in the end the D took care of business.

Hopefully we can just get through Furman with no key injuries.. This may be the first time that i can remember that ASU did not have a bye week until the very last game of the season, these boys are pooped and need a good resting.

Apphole
November 3rd, 2012, 06:37 PM
I think everyone can agree that Sean Price is a monster.

mountaineerman
November 3rd, 2012, 06:41 PM
We have four of the top five receivers in fcs and one of the best at any level and we get them all back if we can replace our rb we should have the best offense in the country next year

Saint3333
November 3rd, 2012, 06:42 PM
If Price has 80% of the work ethic Quick he will break every one of his records.

asknoquarter21
November 3rd, 2012, 06:44 PM
If Price has 80% of the work ethic Quick had no will break every one of his records.

I have some concerns here

citdog
November 3rd, 2012, 06:45 PM
Piss poor sportsmanship and fan violence after a pigs ***, ga and yosef game? How many times does this have to happen before there are any repercussions? wish you both would get to the fbs now. it's embarrasing to be confederated with either of you. 52-28 23-21

cbarrier90
November 3rd, 2012, 06:53 PM
Piss poor sportsmanship and fan violence after a pigs ***, ga and yosef game? How many times does this have to happen before there are any repercussions? wish you both would get to the fbs now. it's embarrasing to be confederated with either of you. 52-28 23-21

How's that playoff push coming?

Apphole
November 3rd, 2012, 06:54 PM
I would like to also point out that today is ASUMike's birthday.

citdog
November 3rd, 2012, 07:04 PM
How's that playoff push coming?

we are doing just fine for a team picked to finish 8th. We win with class and we lose with class. That cannot be said for either of y'all. How's that small and or private arguement working for you?

The Eagle's Cliff
November 3rd, 2012, 07:05 PM
If what I've heard about attacking the ref van is true, I hope the actors are prosecuted and expelled from school. Ga Southern needs to nip that kind of crap in the bud.

I love the enthusiasm of our students but we have work to do with teaching them where to draw the line with GATA

Saint3333
November 3rd, 2012, 07:16 PM
we are doing just fine for a team picked to finish 8th. We win with class and we lose with class. That cannot be said for either of y'all. How's that small and or private arguement working for you?

Class, yeah that's a word I would use for Citdog...

GreatAppSt
November 3rd, 2012, 07:16 PM
We lost. Y'all won.

Did the students trample the Refs post game pizza's?xchinscratchx

GSU EAGLES
November 3rd, 2012, 07:23 PM

Your alums always make the conference proud. At least our students were young and drunk. You broke *** VMI rejects can't pay your staff enough so they can at least offer more than $30 for a prostitute?

Hard times at the Citadel when "the Stink's" average freshman SAT (1115 >1102) has passed the Citadel's........that is with almost 21k students as well.

Citadel Associate AD pleads guilty to soliciting prostitution

NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) -
An associate athletic director at The Citadel was arrested in early September for soliciting a prostitute in North Charleston, according to a police report.

The report states Senior Associate Athletic Director Robert Paul Plunkett, 61, was arrested on Sept. 5 after he offered to pay an undercover cop posing as a prostitute for oral sex.

Court records state Plunkett pleaded guilty to the charge shortly after his arrest.

According to the report, Plunkett approached the officer in the area of Remount Road and Dobson Drive around 5 p.m. and offered her a ride in his blue Toyota. The undercover officer told him yes and "to meet with her on Leiderman Street," the report states.

Police say the undercover officer then "re-approached" Plunkett, who again asked her if she needed a quick ride. Then the officer asked Plunkett if he wanted oral sex in the car. Police say Plunkett replied "yes" and then told her he was looking to spend "$30."

Other officers then intervened and Plunkett was taken into custody and charged with solicitation of a prostitute.

When reached for comment, the school's Vice President of External Affairs, Jeff Perez, said,"An employee at The Citadel, Robert P. Plunkett, pled guilty to a misdemeanor in North Charleston. He has been suspended without pay pending a review through the college's employee discipline policy."

According to The Citadel's website, Plunkett graduated from the military college in 1973 and is in his fourth year with the athletic department.

citdog
November 3rd, 2012, 07:26 PM
Class, yeah that's a word I would use for Citdog...

thanks for noticing big guy!

Gringer1
November 3rd, 2012, 07:30 PM
WOW

That's a little rough. Even for Stink fans.

Yeah, they should have handled things in a more mature manner. Like attacking the visiting team's bus with goal posts. Or taunting the opposing team when a player is injured. Everybody has bad fans, but the way App fans deny any instance of their fans behaving poorly while categorizing entire fan bases on the actions of their bad minority is mind boggling.

GSUwinsagain
November 3rd, 2012, 07:47 PM
I hope that it's not true about the Ref's van. Yes there were some bad calls, but grow up, it's just football. Congrats to the App State football team for a tough win in a true rival game.
As bad as we played the pass today, I hope we don't play ODU in the playoffs.

Apphole
November 3rd, 2012, 08:12 PM
Yeah, they should have handled things in a more mature manner. Like attacking the visiting team's bus with goal posts. Or taunting the opposing team when a player is injured. Everybody has bad fans, but the way App fans deny any instance of their fans behaving poorly while categorizing entire fan bases on the actions of their bad minority is mind boggling.

There was no taunting the opposing team when players are down. Russel went down, drunk students started yelling "sit down and have some respect!," App fans jawed back them, said students started a **** App chant, Russel got up, that was it.

There is no norm that says you have to sit down when a player is injured. Our fans clapped plenty hard multiple times today when your players got hurt and were led off the field. The reaction from App fans was in response to GaSo students. There was no heckling of the player whatsoever.

Sour grapes.

GSUwinsagain
November 3rd, 2012, 08:20 PM
There was no taunting the opposing team when players are down. Russel went down, drunk students started yelling "sit down and have some respect!," App fans jawed back them, said students started a **** App chant, Russel got up, that was it.

There is no norm that says you have to sit down when a player is injured. Our fans clapped plenty hard multiple times today when your players got hurt and were led off the field. The reaction from App fans was in response to GaSo students. There was no heckling of the player whatsoever.

Sour grapes.

I was not in that section, but from others that were there stated that your analysis is correct. I hate sour grapes and I hate losing, but we lost, App won. We need to show more class either way.
Congrats and safe travels back to the high country.

ChiefGSU275
November 3rd, 2012, 08:21 PM

Sour grapes.

I was in the section between the students and the App fans, and I didnt think the App fans did anything out of line until they were taunted. I think the students were just heated and looking for something to yell about.

SpeedkingATL
November 3rd, 2012, 08:25 PM
You also have to give the Russell kid credit. You could tell he could barely run and he still was a force in the game. There were a lot of dinged up players on both sides that played with a lot of heart today.

citdog
November 3rd, 2012, 08:28 PM
I was not in that section, but from others that were there stated that your analysis is correct. I hate sour grapes and I hate losing, but we lost, App won. We need to show more class either way.

very good post

gsu_paintballer
November 3rd, 2012, 08:28 PM
Year 3 in a row where the number one team lost in this rivalry. This is easily the best rivalry in the FCS. I love it.

This.

If I was GSU I wouldn't try a field goal for the rest of the season!

And this!

I know, I know.

You want both of our teams to get out so that your team can have a chance to win the conference again.

Saint3333
November 3rd, 2012, 08:29 PM
Never heard of sitting down if a player is injured, only applauding them when the leave the field, is that universal?

Eaglesrus
November 3rd, 2012, 08:32 PM
Horrible officiating, but I'm one that believes that if we had a decent kicking game we'd have won. We don't, therefore we lost the game and the rest is nothing but fodder for arguing by those who are into that. Congratulations to App State and good luck the rest of the way (unless we meet in the playoffs, of course). For us, I just hope that our guys somehow heal up, beat Howard and make a reasonable showing against UGA.

Really enjoyed meeting y'all ASUMike, your lady, Apphole, the other ASU fan (that either doesn't post here or whose screen name I just didn't catch) and Hartley'sHuddle. It was also great to see Ivytalk and Mrs. IT again and have the chance to catch up a little. Safe travels to you all.

One thing seems clear, you can't ever count on how an ASU - GSU game will turn out. Or maybe you can; if one is #1 then apparently they have no shot.

asumike83
November 3rd, 2012, 08:35 PM

I agree. There was a back and forth at that time but not because anyone taunted Russell. Some of the App fans caught grief for not sitting down and it went downhill from there. He got a well deserved round of applause when he left the field.

If any of our folks taunted him, I apologize on their behalf but I just didn't hear it.

We all have our jerks but I was treated great by the GSU folks. Let's hope both teams get healthy and make a run.

citdog
November 3rd, 2012, 08:40 PM
This.

And this!

I know, I know.

You want both of our teams to get out so that your team can have a chance to win the conference again.

nothing can be the best when it has only been seen 13 times. I would like to see you both go because you have been so loud about being unhappy. We have nothing in common with you excepting an L on both your schedules.

ChetSteadman
November 3rd, 2012, 08:41 PM
Hopefully we can just get through Furman with no key injuries.. This may be the first time that i can remember that ASU did not have a bye week until the very last game of the season, these boys are pooped and need a good resting.

App used to routinely schedule the final game of the season as a bye to get ready for the playoffs. It's only recently (past 3 or so seasons) that it didn't work out that way.

Give 'em hell!

gsu_paintballer
November 3rd, 2012, 08:44 PM
nothing can be the best when it has only been seen 13 times. I would like to see you both go because you have been so loud about being unhappy. We have nothing in common with you excepting an L on both your schedules.

Your second win against ASU since 1994.

Your third win against GSU since 1994.

We get it. You hate our team for beating up on yours. Get over it.

citdog
November 3rd, 2012, 08:55 PM
Your second win against ASU since 1994.

Your third win against GSU since 1994.

We get it. You hate our team for beating up on yours. Get over it.

what happened the LAST TIME we played? you're wrong about hating you as you haven't been around long enough to foster those feelings. our 66th meeting with vmi is on sat followed by our 76th meeting with furman. when you have played that long you will understand what hate is.

gsu_paintballer
November 3rd, 2012, 08:59 PM
what happened the LAST TIME we played? you're wrong about hating you as you haven't been around long enough to foster those feelings. our 66th meeting with vmi is on sat followed by our 76th meeting with furman. when you have played that long you will understand what hate is.

So....you tell me you're only worried about today and then you talk about stuff that's 76 years old?

Get your story straight.

ChiefGSU275
November 3rd, 2012, 09:01 PM

I get it.

Hate = losing 66 times and 76 times, respectively.

:D

Saint3333
November 3rd, 2012, 09:02 PM
Why are we talking about citadel this is a serious football thread.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 3rd, 2012, 09:07 PM
It is time for GSU to move the student section to press box side so they are not surrounding the visitor's section. I am embarassed and fed up with how they behave and how they treat visting team's players.

citdog
November 3rd, 2012, 09:13 PM
So....you tell me you're only worried about today and then you talk about stuff that's 76 years old?

Get your story straight.

you stated that i hate gsu and app. I said that you haven't been around long enough to even know what hate is. I am an app and gsu admirer i only hope someone gets a handle on your idiot fringe before someone gets seriously injured like that sf giants fan or worse.

straightshooter
November 3rd, 2012, 09:32 PM
Actually GSU needs to move the visitors section to where virtually every college puts them - as close to to the end zone seats on the visitors side as possible.

Just took a look at two plays on the ESPN3 feed to verify what I saw at the game now that I'm home and can carefully take a look. I was fortunate enough to be invited into the GSU President's Box for this game, and the place is covered with flat screen TVs with game feed on. Got a good look at the non-safety call (it was) and the TD where the WR stepped on the line with the left side of his shoe (he did). Both calls were close, but I don't think there's any disputing that the refs blew both of them. That's nine points and a GSU possession following the safety that they didn't get. I am not one to blame any game on the officials. GSU wins the game with any semblence of a kicking game without the blown calls, but blow them they did, and it's sad for games to be decided that way. Everyone who can get ESPN3 can disect the game play by play. You will see just how horrible this officiating crew was on both sides of the ball. I will say that calls were significantly skewed in the favor of App St and the video evidence will bear that out. These guys were an embarassment for the SoCon. Rec league officials are much better. No excuses on the game. GSU lost a game they should have won, and you can't put the loss on the officials, not matter how bad they were. It happens. We'll move on.

AppAlum2003
November 3rd, 2012, 09:35 PM
Actually GSU needs to move the visitors section to where virtually every college puts them - as close to to the end zone seats on the visitors side as possible.

Just took a look at two plays on the ESPN3 feed to verify what I saw at the game now that I'm home and can carefully take a look. I was fortunate enough to be invited into the GSU President's Box for this game, and the place is covered with flat screen TVs with game feed on. Got a good look at the non-safety call (it was) and the TD where the WR stepped on the line with the left side of his shoe (he did). Both calls were close, but I don't think there's any disputing that the refs blew both of them. That's nine points and a GSU possession following the safety that they didn't get. I am not one to blame any game on the officials. GSU wins the game with any semblence of a kicking game without the blown calls, but blow them they did, and it's sad for games to be decided that way. Everyone who can get ESPN3 can disect the game play by play. You will see just how horrible this officiating crew was on both sides of the ball. I will say that calls were significantly skewed in the favor of App St and the video evidence will bear that out. These guys were an embarassment for the SoCon. Rec league officials are much better. No excuses on the game. GSU lost a game they should have won, and you can't put the loss on the officials, not matter how bad they were. It happens. We'll move on.

That was a long paragraph complaining about officials for someone who doesn't want to complain about the officials.

straightshooter
November 3rd, 2012, 09:40 PM
That was a long paragraph complaining about officials for someone who doesn't want to complain about the officials.

Not complaining. Stating facts. See for yourself.

AppAlum2003
November 3rd, 2012, 09:46 PM
Not complaining. Stating facts. See for yourself.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/you-keep-using-those-words.jpg

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 3rd, 2012, 09:53 PM
I think we can all agree that the FCS needs to have play review for regular-season games. We don't have to have state-of-the-art equipment or six different camera angles. Just enough footage so that the most blatant mistakes that FCS referees make can be fixed.

straightshooter
November 3rd, 2012, 09:54 PM
You'll take it...can't change it...it is what it is, but the video is pretty conclusive. Just remember that the BEST you can do is share the SoCon title with GSU in 2012. Again, I'm not blaming the officiating on the outcome, but I do know that if the shoe were on the other foot, you guys would blow a gasket too. I'll be glad when App St and GSU move up. At least then calls like these will be corrected with replay.

PhillyApp1
November 3rd, 2012, 09:57 PM
AMEN FCS_pwns !!

They blow too many important calls in EVERY big game let alone the other games.

Sorry about the lose ....the refs did not help you...they hurt you

AppAlum2003
November 3rd, 2012, 09:57 PM
I keep hearing that the video is so absolutely conclusive and that even my 85 year old blind grandmother could have gotten the call correct. Someone with access to these videos, please post some screen shots/gifs. I'm not necessarily disagreeing because my ESPN3 feed was grainy as hell most of the game (kids streaming Netflix during the game.) But if the evidence is so damning, stop talking about it and let us all see.

WataugaDave
November 3rd, 2012, 10:00 PM
I keep hearing that the video is so absolutely conclusive and that even my 85 year old blind grandmother could have gotten the call correct. Someone with access to these videos, please post some screen shots/gifs. I'm not necessarily disagreeing because my ESPN3 feed was grainy as hell most of the game (kids streaming Netflix during the game.) But if the evidence is so damning, stop talking about it and let us all see.

I was watching the same grainy ESPN 3 feed and he was definitely in-bounds. I wasn't watching the supposed miss safety call however.

citdog
November 3rd, 2012, 10:06 PM
You'll take it...can't change it...it is what it is, but the video is pretty conclusive. Just remember that the BEST you can do is share the SoCon title with GSU in 2012. Again, I'm not blaming the officiating on the outcome, but I do know that if the shoe were on the other foot, you guys would blow a gasket too. I'll be glad when App St and GSU move up. At least then calls like these will be corrected with replay.

that WILL be a happy day. y'all can go play with each other, no homo, in the 'i have an inferiority complex conference' aka the sun belt

AppAlum2003
November 3rd, 2012, 10:12 PM
OK, here's the best screen cap of the "safety" I can get from ESPN3. It's still very grainy but from what I can tell the GSU defender is touching JJ while the ball is on the 1/2 yard line and then he gets shoved into the end zone. Again, it could EASILY go either way, but I don't see anything egregious enough to chase down the officials after the ballgame.

http://i.imgur.com/MgVbm.jpg (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17183&d=1351998540)

GSU EAGLES
November 3rd, 2012, 10:19 PM
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/source/espn3/id/639310/#

fastforward to 2:14:30. App QB was backpedaling into the the endzone. Both announcers thought it was a terrible call.

Gotta love where the refs spot the ball. Literally as close to the goal line as possible.

AppAlum2003
November 3rd, 2012, 10:23 PM
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/source/espn3/id/639310/#

fastforward to 2:14:30. App QB was backpedaling into the the endzone. Both announcers thought it was a terrible call.

Yeah... the same announcers that said Price probably stayed in bounds on his TD run earlier in the game. Or at least they said it was too close to call.

I posted a screen cap above from the same exact video. To me, it appears as though JJ is holding the ball at the 1/2 yard line while he is being contacted by a GSU defender. Even if my homer pants are showing and I'm wrong on that, GSU fans are making it out to be that he was 5 yards into the endzone and then got touched for the first time.

gsu_paintballer
November 3rd, 2012, 10:24 PM
1 hour and 12 minutes on the ESPN3 replay is where you can find the questionable OOB call.

gsu_paintballer
November 3rd, 2012, 10:25 PM
that WILL be a happy day. y'all can go play with each other, no homo, in the 'i have an inferiority complex conference' aka the sun belt

WE have the inferiority complex, yet you're the one over here posting in a thread about our game trying to talk crap.

straightshooter
November 3rd, 2012, 10:27 PM
Yeah... the same announcers that said Price probably stayed in bounds on his TD run earlier in the game. Or at least they said it was too close to call.

I posted a screen cap above from the same exact video. To me, it appears as though JJ is holding the ball at the 1/2 yard line while he is being contacted by a GSU defender. Even if my homer pants are showing and I'm wrong on that, GSU fans are making it out to be that he was 5 yards into the endzone and then got touched for the first time.

There is a much clearer side angle view of the non-safety that is much more telling from the Savannah Fox affiliate. Saw it on GSU Fans site.

GSU EAGLES
November 3rd, 2012, 10:37 PM

I haven't seen anything on the "out of bounds" play to dispute the non call. I will assume he was in bounds unless I see video indicating otherwise.

The safety call was a bad miss though. Jackson is backpedaling into the endzone trying to escape. Maybe our guy touched him just outside the goal line, but we are not playing two hand touch football.

AppAlum2003
November 3rd, 2012, 10:39 PM
I haven't seen anything on the "out of bounds" play to dispute the non call. I will assume he was in bounds unless I see video indicating otherwise.

The safety call was a bad miss though. Jackson is backpedaling into the endzone trying to escape. Maybe our guy touched him just outside the goal line, but we are not playing two hand touch football.

Someone that's more familiar with the rules can correct me here, but I think as long as contact is initiated while the ball itself is outside of the endzone (completely) it's not a safety.

Regardless, GSU fans... you should be pissed at your secondary for giving up a 45 yard pass to Price on the very next play with ASU backed up into their own endzone, 3rd and 30.

straightshooter
November 3rd, 2012, 10:43 PM

The actual tackle on that play was made by #52 more than a yard in the endzone. JJ is backpedaling into the endzone trying to find a receiver, and this isn't a forward progress issue. You've got to look really close on the out of bounds deal, but if you do, it certainly appears that dirt from the cleats is coming up on the line. That call is a tougher one to make than the non-safety call. That one is quite clear, especially from the end zone shot from the Savannah Fox channel.

GSU EAGLES
November 3rd, 2012, 10:48 PM
The actual tackle on that play was made by #52 more than a yard in the endzone. JJ is backpedaling into the endzone trying to find a receiver, and this isn't a forward progress issue. You've got to look really close on the out of bounds deal, but if you do, it certainly appears that dirt from the cleats is coming up on the line. That call is a tougher one to make than the non-safety call. That one is quite clear, especially from the end zone shot from the Savannah Fox channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbSFgkNzkz8

1:42 - GSU player initiates the tackle a yard in the endzone. Remember, if any part of the ball is touching the goal line, it is a safety.

GlassOnion
November 3rd, 2012, 10:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbSFgkNzkz8

1:42 - GSU player initiates the tackle a yard in the endzone. Remember, if any part of the ball is touching the goal line, it is a safety.

How the hell anyone posts that video as evidence of a safety is beyond me. The camera angle doesnt even show his feet or the goal line. I think your imagination is filling in the blanks.

GSU EAGLES
November 3rd, 2012, 11:02 PM
How the hell anyone posts that video as evidence of a safety is beyond me. The camera angle doesnt even show his feet or the goal line. I think your imagination is filling in the blanks.

Looks clear to me. I think that bad moonshine is making you blind.

gsu_paintballer
November 3rd, 2012, 11:03 PM

His feet are not relevant.

StorminASU
November 3rd, 2012, 11:08 PM

Looks clear to me. I think that bad moonshine is making you blind.

That disgusting creek must be making you blind as he's spot on in his assessment of that being a terrible video if proof of a safety is what it's posted for.

As an ASU fan, whining from GSU fans about officiating after a loss is nothing new though, ala Brian Quick touchdown last year and countless others.

GlassOnion
November 3rd, 2012, 11:10 PM
His feet are not relevant.

If his feet are in front of or even on the goal line that would put the ball outside. Since there is no video that clearly shows where the ball is in relation to goal line, this is just a bunch of worthless evidence dressed up by posters to look like fact.

GSU EAGLES
November 3rd, 2012, 11:12 PM
Announcers usually don't officiate from the booth or second guess the refs. That is how they are trained.

Needless to say, the two ESPN announcers were so shocked by the terrible call, their decades of training went out the window and they ranted about what a terrible call it was.

If only they had been sippin' on some bad moonshine, I am sure they would have thought it was a good call like the App fans on here.

straightshooter
November 3rd, 2012, 11:12 PM

Too much mountain Kool-Aid. I guess we'll just have to disagree. Maybe if you could see it in slow motion... I see JJ's feet and that he is clearly tackled behind the goal line by #52. How can you not see that?

App State won. GSU lost. None of what we say will change that. You're happy...I'm not...

straightshooter
November 3rd, 2012, 11:14 PM
That disgusting creek must be making you blind as he's spot on in his assessment of that being a terrible video if proof of a safety is what it's posted for.

As an ASU fan, whining from GSU fans about officiating after a loss is nothing new though, ala Brian Quick touchdown last year and countless others.

Your salvation is NO REPLAY in FCS!

Mr. C
November 3rd, 2012, 11:15 PM
Here is the link to the College Sports Journal game story. What a game.

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/503-appalachian-state-knocks-off-no-1-georgia-southern-again-31-28

ASU_Fanatic
November 3rd, 2012, 11:18 PM
You guys tell me if my math is wrong.

Safety = 2 points
28+2 = 30
31>30?

Obviously the safety could have resulted in a much larger difference but we don't know that. Again App was very lucky to win today, GaSo probably outplayed them by a small margin but that doesn't matter. App came out on top with an amazing win.

GlassOnion
November 3rd, 2012, 11:19 PM
BS. The ESPN guys questioned it, then never mentioned it again. Ive heard a hundred questions just like that after a play, and Ive seen half of them disproven by video replay 2 minutes after they said it. If you think Oik and Gloick in the press box 70 yards at a 60 degree angle away had a better sightline than the ref, you're delusional.

That video is only evidence of sour grapes, nothing more.

StorminASU
November 3rd, 2012, 11:24 PM
I'm pretty sure what made it not be a safety is what many on here have already said: he was already getting tackled before the endzone and it wasn't his own decision to enter the endzone. Looking at it like that, if a safety was just getting tackled back into the endzone, whether you wanted to go there or not as an offensive players, defensive players would be trying to straight carry people anywhere under the 5 yard line.

StorminASU
November 3rd, 2012, 11:27 PM
BS. The ESPN guys questioned it, then never mentioned it again. Ive heard a hundred questions just like that after a play, and Ive seen half of them disproven by video replay 2 minutes after they said it. If you think Oik and Gloick in the press box 70 yards at a 60 degree angle away had a better sightline than the ref, you're delusional.

That video is only evidence of sour grapes, nothing more.

That happens every game basically, especially if it's FBS during a coach's challenge. It happened tonight during the USC-Oregon game during the onside kick. All 3-4 announcers agreed USC recovered because the USC player got it and maintained possession out of bounds...guess what? They were all wrong, he clearly bobbled it and Oregon got the ball. If we go by ESPN announcers, even for prime games like USC-Oregon, a lot of games would end differently.

Rekdiver
November 3rd, 2012, 11:42 PM
1 hour and 12 minutes on the ESPN3 replay is where you can find the questionable OOB call.
He was out. Would we have scored on that drive from the spot he went out? We ll never know.

eaglewraith
November 3rd, 2012, 11:52 PM
GSU fans are booing because Price appeared to step out of bounds on his run up the sideline. Surprised GSU embarrassed the officials by showing that 3 TIMES. With SoCon commissioner John Iamarino sitting directly behind me, I'm not sure GSU officials won't hear about that.

The feed being shown in the stadium was the ESPN feed. That was not GSU showing those replays. If the Socon wants to complain, they should talk to the ESPN production staff.

eaglewraith
November 3rd, 2012, 11:53 PM
GaSo gets 3 yards for every 1 yard gained. Is Ray Charles spotting these balls?

Think it could be angle you were viewing at. Angles throw me off when I'm in another stadium and I think spots suck.

eaglewraith
November 3rd, 2012, 11:55 PM
Jackson is sacked for what should have been a safety, but the ball is not spotted correctly inches from the goal line.

That **** was a safety.

eaglewraith
November 4th, 2012, 12:02 AM
We left 9 points on the field. We have seriously got to figure something different out in all aspects of the kicking game. Our punts are poor, our kickoffs are weak, and there should be no more FG attempts this year.

As for our offense, I'm not sure that App adjusted to us so much as we started doing something different that let their scheme work. I saw us putting the ball where there weren't any App players in the first half, then in the second half we tended to get cute at times and then run directly into defenders. Our blocking was also suspect at times in the second half. I'm not sure what our defensive staff was thinking about either. We blitzed WAY too much. We needed to push with our DL and have everyone else sit at home. We've done a better job this year of creating coverage sacks and this week we wanted to blitz every play. We also did a poor job of disguising those blitzes.

All that being said, App played a great game. Price is a beast. He was definitely out of bounds though.

I'm definitely cheering for Furple next week. I'm hoping they can help us out again, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. The way my luck works out, I'm going to have to sit here and watch App get the autobid.

Also, **** Socon refs....I mean holy ****.

straightshooter
November 4th, 2012, 12:06 AM
The feed being shown in the stadium was the ESPN feed. That was not GSU showing those replays. If the Socon wants to complain, they should talk to the ESPN production staff.

Mr. C, didn't I read a post from you that said the Walker catch in the first half hit the ground? Well, there's video evidence from a local station's sideline camera that he absolutely caught the ball. His arm hit the ground, but the ball was on top of the arm and against the body. They have a nice slow motion shot of it. The angle is much better than what ESPN3 had on that play. They also have a nice shot of the non-safety call that clearly shows #91 reaching for JJ, but not tackling him. In fact he barely touched him. We're not playing touch football. #52 made the tackle in the endzone for what should have been a safety. Go to www.stateboroherald.com and click on sports and Two Minute Drill.

eaglewraith
November 4th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Mr. C, didn't I read a post from you that said the Walker catch in the first half hit the ground? Well, there's video evidence from a local station's sideline camera that he absolutely caught the ball. His arm hit the ground, but the ball was on top of the arm and against the body. They have a nice slow motion shot of it. The angle is much better than what ESPN3 had on that play. They also have a nice shot of the non-safety call that clearly shows #91 reaching for JJ, but not tackling him. In fact he barely touched him. We're not playing touch football. #52 made the tackle in the endzone for what should have been a safety. Go to www.stateboroherald.com and click on sports and Two Minute Drill.

Apphole was the one that called Zach's catch on the ground. Mr. C said he couldn't tell cause he couldn't see the replay, but that it looked good from the press box.

texcap
November 4th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Mr. C, didn't I read a post from you that said the Walker catch in the first half hit the ground? Well, there's video evidence from a local station's sideline camera that he absolutely caught the ball. His arm hit the ground, but the ball was on top of the arm and against the body.

In defense of Mr. C I'm pretty sure he never disputed the call. It was an App State poster. Mr. C even mentioned he couldn't see the monitors in the press box.

asumike83
November 4th, 2012, 12:14 AM
The Eagles held the ball for 17 minutes more than ASU. GSU had the ball for 22 of 30 minutes in the second half and scored just 7 points. They had the ball for over 11 minutes in the 4th and didn't score a point. Not converting all those yards into any points was the difference, not the refs.

theasushow
November 4th, 2012, 12:14 AM
The last time I checked the refs weren't playing pass defense though...Price had 7 catches for 231, that was the difference.

appvette
November 4th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Good game to GSU... the best rivalry in FCS. To those of you complaining about refs... same crap as last year. We both got bad calls and App pulled it out. Get over it.

straightshooter
November 4th, 2012, 12:16 AM
In defense of Mr. C I'm pretty sure he never disputed the call. It was an App State poster. Mr. C even mentioned he couldn't see the monitors in the press box.

At the time I was looking at the thread on my cell phone. Just saw it came quickly and while Mr. C was posting often. My apologies to him.

T-Dog
November 4th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Besides home games in Boone, it doesn't get much better than beating Georgia Southern in Statesboro. Being there for it was amazing.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A60VVk2CMAApDUU.jpg:large

seantaylor
November 4th, 2012, 01:22 AM
Our coaches lost this game for us. No reason at all to switch to Izzy in the first and second halfs. Shotgun formations also have to go. They kill a ton of drives. Monken absolutely has to know by now to never kick another field goal, especially in 4th and short situations, which they all were. On defense, Curtis is clueless. Val Cooper cannot cover, he's a good playmaker at times, but doesn't cover anyone. Why Westbrooks wasn't on Price all game is just unexplainable.

SoCon48
November 4th, 2012, 07:53 AM
We left 9 points on the field. We have seriously got to figure something different out in all aspects of the kicking game. Our punts are poor, our kickoffs are weak, and there should be no more FG attempts this year.

As for our offense, I'm not sure that App adjusted to us so much as we started doing something different that let their scheme work. I saw us putting the ball where there weren't any App players in the first half, then in the second half we tended to get cute at times and then run directly into defenders. Our blocking was also suspect at times in the second half. I'm not sure what our defensive staff was thinking about either. We blitzed WAY too much. We needed to push with our DL and have everyone else sit at home. We've done a better job this year of creating coverage sacks and this week we wanted to blitz every play. We also did a poor job of disguising those blitzes.

All that being said, App played a great game. Price is a beast. He was definitely out of bounds though.

I'm definitely cheering for Furple next week. I'm hoping they can help us out again, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. The way my luck works out, I'm going to have to sit here and watch App get the autobid.

Also, **** Socon refs....I mean holy ****.

Quit crying. Many who saw replays, not the one on the scoreboard, say he was in-bounds.

straightshooter
November 4th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Our coaches lost this game for us. No reason at all to switch to Izzy in the first and second halfs. Shotgun formations also have to go. They kill a ton of drives. Monken absolutely has to know by now to never kick another field goal, especially in 4th and short situations, which they all were. On defense, Curtis is clueless. Val Cooper cannot cover, he's a good playmaker at times, but doesn't cover anyone. Why Westbrooks wasn't on Price all game is just unexplainable.

There's a thread on GSU Fans with the postgame comments by Monken. He explains the personnel issues in detail. Banks could not go late in the second half. He had an IV stuck in his arm during the half and came out late. That forced Izzy into the game and McKinnon to B-back. Izzy left the game injured (he left the stadium on crutches) and could not play in the 4th quarter. I will say this. Not having Swope for two games is telling. Monken said he had a second concussion for the season against Furman. The protocol for that is that he has to sit out the next two games.

With regards to the D, that wasn't Cooper on Price for the TD where he stepped out of bounds. That was a backup corner. On the play after the non-safety call, Cooper bit on the pump fake and Price slipped behind him. Didn't cost us points. The missed call on the safety did. Keep in mind that App only scored one TD in the second half, so the overall coverage was pretty good.

Saint3333
November 4th, 2012, 07:57 AM
GSU's coverage of Price was about as impressive as App's defense vs. the option.

straightshooter
November 4th, 2012, 07:59 AM
GSU's coverage of Price was about as impressive as App's defense vs. the option.

Good point Saint. GSU finished with 552 yards of offense to App St 453.

BoroNative
November 4th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Safety?

AppAlum2003
November 4th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Safety?

Thanks for providing the least interesting thumbnail in the world.

eaglewraith
November 4th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Quit crying. Many who saw replays, not the one on the scoreboard, say he was in-bounds.

Of all the posts I've made about refs in the past, this was the least inflammatory. I also made a lot of relevant points.

However reading comprehension for an App fan fails to recognize anything that isn't perceived as "crying." Good job.

eaglewraith
November 4th, 2012, 08:49 AM
The last time I checked the refs weren't playing pass defense though...Price had 7 catches for 231, that was the difference.

Yards don't matter. Points do. If so I could point at the fact we had 552 yards of offense so obviously that should be the difference in the game right?

eaglewraith
November 4th, 2012, 08:52 AM
The Eagles held the ball for 17 minutes more than ASU. GSU had the ball for 22 of 30 minutes in the second half and scored just 7 points. They had the ball for over 11 minutes in the 4th and didn't score a point. Not converting all those yards into any points was the difference, not the refs.

This, unfortunately.

In the past 2 games against App, we have seriously failed to take advantage of our scoring opportunities. In some cases it was App's defense coming up big. In others it was our offense shooting itself in the foot. And it was more than just our players not executing. Our coaches were not getting calls in on time and were not getting correct personnel in/off the field in a timely manner. It's really frustrating to watch our guys not get a play call until there's 10 seconds on the play clock and have to rush to line up.

We were seriously not prepared for this game. Add to that all the injuries we have right now, I'm afraid of what's going to happen moving forward. I know we'll make the playoffs, but there's really no guarantee how far we'll make it.

CID1990
November 4th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Why are we talking about citadel this is a serious football thread.

Because we are still in Boone, scoring touchdowns!

gsu_paintballer
November 4th, 2012, 09:24 AM

Actually, you're somewhere else wondering why your team has lost four of six, I'd bet.

Mr. C
November 4th, 2012, 09:47 AM

There wasn't even a football game being played in Boone on Saturday. Time to quit trolling.

Mr. C
November 4th, 2012, 09:51 AM

You need to learn something about football before posting. Don't they have meetings where the Georgia Southern women fans are taught some of the basics? You might try those as a start.

Mr. C
November 4th, 2012, 09:58 AM

Someone operating the scoreboard does have the final decision whether to keep the tape rolling, or not. I still think there will be a conversation about this. But there will also probably be some conversations between the SoCon supervisor of officials and the crew from the game, too.

eaglewraith
November 4th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Someone operating the scoreboard does have the final decision whether to keep the tape rolling, or not. I still think there will be a conversation about this. But there will also probably be some conversations between the SoCon supervisor of officials and the crew from the game, too.

What are we going to do? Shut the scoreboard off? We were not controlling the feed shown on the board. Pure and simple, we were carrying the feed from the ESPN broadcast. The announcers even mentioned it during those replays where the crowd went nuts. We don't handle broadcasts or in-stadium camera feeds when ESPN is in charge. When our in-house guys do it, you'll see maybe one replay.

citdog
November 4th, 2012, 10:21 AM
You need to learn something about football before posting. Don't they have meetings where the Georgia Southern women fans are taught some of the basics? You might try those as a start.

dave that was very nicely done!

GSU EAGLES
November 4th, 2012, 10:24 AM

I believe the NCAA used to have a rule that the replay could only be shown once, but that went away this season.

GSUEagles#1
November 4th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Good game to GSU... the best rivalry in FCS. To those of you complaining about refs... same crap as last year. We both got bad calls and App pulled it out. Get over it.

Please PLEASE tell me one bad call that App got the short-end of the stick on? I'd really like to know. Ever since i started following GSU and SoCon football, I have NEVER seen such one-sided officiating like I do with Ga southern games!

GSU EAGLES
November 4th, 2012, 10:26 AM

What bad calls did App get? Just curious. I seriously doubt I will get a decent response.

GSUEagles#1
November 4th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Who cares! FBS schools show replays 5-10 times during the much needed REVIEW process. App is just whining because it was obvious his foot was out of bounds and all of 22,000 people knew it and expressed that they knew it. This is all contributing to people being BABIES! Same reason why during braves games at turner field, they don't show any replays. Show the replay, let people get mad! Its LIFE!

I just want ONE App State fan to admit to ONE of the bad calls on GSU. I am a FIRM believer that you can't say we would have won if.... The only thing we can say is, we would have won if we scored those THREE FGs. The out of bounds... eh he could have scored the next play... I understand that, there is no excuse for missing 3 25-yard FGs, but the officiating was terrible and changed the entire momentum.

Apphole
November 4th, 2012, 10:37 AM
We finally shut down the Stink's O in the fourth quarter. That's right. It took 11 quarters for the App D to master the triple option.

appvette
November 4th, 2012, 10:39 AM
http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae224/wardvette/Game/photo2.jpg

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae224/wardvette/Game/photo1.jpg

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae224/wardvette/Game/photo.jpg

appvette
November 4th, 2012, 10:41 AM
See all that grass between his foot and the white line? The line ref was right in front of him and had a perfect look at it. He was in bounds but even if he had been out, App would have had 1st down on the 35 yard line so there is a really good chance they would have scored anyway.

Apphole
November 4th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Who cares! FBS schools show replays 5-10 times during the much needed REVIEW process. App is just whining because it was obvious his foot was out of bounds and all of 22,000 people knew it and expressed that they knew it. This is all contributing to people being BABIES! Same reason why during braves games at turner field, they don't show any replays. Show the replay, let people get mad! Its LIFE!

I just want ONE App State fan to admit to ONE of the bad calls on GSU. I am a FIRM believer that you can't say we would have won if.... The only thing we can say is, we would have won if we scored those THREE FGs. The out of bounds... eh he could have scored the next play... I understand that, there is no excuse for missing 3 25-yard FGs, but the officiating was terrible and changed the entire momentum.

Oh my god a Stink fan just said that WE were whining like babies! This has turned into GaSo's version of the "Has any team ever been so lucky to win a game" thread.

And if that was 22,000, we average 40k.

GSUEagles#1
November 4th, 2012, 10:44 AM
sorry - cant tell anything from your pictures.

My biggest problem is that things like this get by. Add replay - problem solved.

GSUEagles#1
November 4th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Oh my god a Stink fan just said that WE were whining like babies! This has turned into GaSo's version of the "Has any team ever been so lucky to win a game" thread.

And if that was 22,000, we average 40k.

Ya that was 22,153 (i think) and you are crazy if it didn't look that way. From the visitors side you can't see the student section which is usually stacked up as about 3 students/seat. the reason i only says 22,000 is because the 150-200 over 22,000 were app fans who won't even support their team and travel with them! Sad!

We took more to Western than you brought here.... WESTERN!

appvette
November 4th, 2012, 10:48 AM
It would NOT have been overturned by replay. If you can't be sure that he was out from the close up pics then it wouldn't have been overruled.

GSU EAGLES
November 4th, 2012, 10:50 AM
It would NOT have been overturned by replay. If you can't be sure that he was out from the close up pics then it wouldn't have been overruled.

What was the bad call App got as you stated earlier?

GSUEagles#1
November 4th, 2012, 10:51 AM

You picture is so grainy, i can't tell where his foot even is. I don't care if it would NOT have been overturned, having someone in the press box to make that call with a monitor would be better than nothing. I will say I accept something that doesn't go our way, but i want to know that it is CORRECT. but with SoCon Officials they would probably still get something wrong.

HartleysHuddle
November 4th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Enough with all the bitching! :D

Just finished up the blog for the week. What a game!

A trip to the ‘Boro and Wow!

http://bit.ly/RCk72j

Y'all at Georgia Southern have some top notch, classy fans. I look forward to returning down the road in the near future.

GSUEagles#1
November 4th, 2012, 10:52 AM
What was the bad call App got as you stated earlier?

He can't answer that!

appvette
November 4th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Several obvious holds and the defensive off sides that wasn't called on GSU. Although I haven't watched that replay yet so I'm not 100% sure.

GSUEagles#1
November 4th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Several obvious holds and the defensive off sides that wasn't called on GSU. Although I haven't watched that replay yet so I'm not 100% sure.

really holding? EVERY team holds..... those are two MINOR things compared to the missed calls made on GA Southern. Like I've said now that GA southern and App (as I've heard) plan to move to the next level, i just want replays to know the right call was made... I understand there will be good and bad calls and the replays could very well even themselves out, but without replay we are on our own to dish it out. The Dallas/Giants game last week - Dallas would have won on that last second TD had there not been review.

GSU EAGLES
November 4th, 2012, 11:03 AM

Good try....the old random holding call tactic.

On the "offsides" Russell flinched, but did not jump offsides. you center tried to hike it thinking he was offsides, but he wasn't. No bad call there.

I don't think the "out of bounds" play was enough to overturn, so I will say there is not much there. The safety though was a huge miss though.

Saint3333
November 4th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Good point Saint. GSU finished with 552 yards of offense to App St 453.

Yep and 17 more minutes of TOP, but all that means nothing on Sunday, only one stat does.

appvette
November 4th, 2012, 11:05 AM
really holding? EVERY team holds..... those are two MINOR things compared to the missed calls made on GA Southern. Like I've said now that GA southern and App (as I've heard) plan to move to the next level, i just want replays to know the right call was made... I understand there will be good and bad calls and the replays could very well even themselves out, but without replay we are on our own to dish it out. The Dallas/Giants game last week - Dallas would have won on that last second TD had there not been review.

The only other debatable call was the sack at the 1 yard line... you can't carry someone back into the end zone so that was a judgement call on whether he was pushed back or not. Could have been called either way and I'm glad it went App's way. I can agree with everything else you said.

appmaj
November 4th, 2012, 11:23 AM
sorry - cant tell anything from your pictures.

My biggest problem is that things like this get by. Add replay - problem solved.

I agree replay is needed but, what do you think a replay official is going to see that you apparently "cant"?

appmaj
November 4th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Please PLEASE tell me one bad call that App got the short-end of the stick on? I'd really like to know. Ever since i started following GSU and SoCon football, I have NEVER seen such one-sided officiating like I do with Ga southern games!

App got the short end of the stick last week. With JJ's 'fumble'.
Every fan base makes this claim every week when a call doesn't go there way, ask Samford a couple of weeks ago against App.

pbr1893
November 4th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Ya that was 22,153 (i think) and you are crazy if it didn't look that way. From the visitors side you can't see the student section which is usually stacked up as about 3 students/seat. the reason i only says 22,000 is because the 150-200 over 22,000 were app fans who won't even support their team and travel with them! Sad!

We took more to Western than you brought here.... WESTERN!

it's not that we won't go support our team...it's where we have to go and here crap from not just a handful of bad fans...we all have those...but it seems yours is a majority of classless fans. app fans along with a majority of other schools fans which i have spoken to all say the same thing....YOUR FANS EFFING SUCK AND ARE THE RUDEST SINCE MARSHALL! i can't figure out if it's simply because you live in that dump of an area called south georgia or you guys were just born that way. in fact, why don't you guys just have a long weekend retreat with your kin folk from marshall and dwell on the fact that you guys are not liked...period.

theasushow
November 4th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Still blaming the refs 24 hours later is so immature, get over it people. Believe it or not the sun still came up this morning, surprising I know. It's part of sports. Win by 3 touchdowns and you don't have to worry about blown calls.

blueballs
November 4th, 2012, 11:37 AM
To blame officiating is at best whining and at worst poor sportsmanship as it is a backhanded slap and a show of disrespect to the opponent.

Unfortunately our (GSU) fanbase has gotten a reputation nationally as a whiny fanbase that blames all of our shortcomings on the officiating, the weather, travelling too far, too much noise, etc instead of looking in the mirror at our team's shortcomings and the achievement of our opponents.

GSU lost yesterday because they missed 3 very makable kicks, had 8 penalties, fumbled, didn't tackle well, and committed undiscipined errors- NOT because of the officiating. App made the plays they had to make and got the win so congratulations to them. Hopefully GSU can somehow correct the myriad of mistakes and breakdowns before it costs them their season.

GSUEagles#1
November 4th, 2012, 12:01 PM
To blame officiating is at best whining and at worst poor sportsmanship as it is a backhanded slap and a show of disrespect to the opponent.

Unfortunately our (GSU) fanbase has gotten a reputation nationally as a whiny fanbase that blames all of our shortcomings on the officiating, the weather, travelling too far, too much noise, etc instead of looking in the mirror at our team's shortcomings and the achievement of our opponents.

GSU lost yesterday because they missed 3 very makable kicks, had 8 penalties, fumbled, didn't tackle well, and committed undiscipined errors- NOT because of the officiating. App made the plays they had to make and got the win so congratulations to them. Hopefully GSU can somehow correct the myriad of mistakes and breakdowns before it costs them their season.

Hey... I was the first to say that the officiating wasn't the LOSS of the game. If we had won and still had those problems, it would still come up. I said it just a little bit ago that our 3 missed FG lost us the game since the only the that made that difference was our kicker.

GSUEagles#1
November 4th, 2012, 12:14 PM
it's not that we won't go support our team...it's where we have to go and here crap from not just a handful of bad fans...we all have those...but it seems yours is a majority of classless fans. app fans along with a majority of other schools fans which i have spoken to all say the same thing....YOUR FANS EFFING SUCK AND ARE THE RUDEST SINCE MARSHALL! i can't figure out if it's simply because you live in that dump of an area called south georgia or you guys were just born that way. in fact, why don't you guys just have a long weekend retreat with your kin folk from marshall and dwell on the fact that you guys are not liked...period.

Really? our fans did not cheer about a hurt player or say disrespectful things when someone gets hurt. I heard it three years ago in Boone and yesterday in the 'boro. That was the only time i heard a mass group of fans get rude. Now.... that being said, what did YOU PERSONALLY see yesterday that made you think WE are the classless ones? In the 10 years I have been following the Eagles, I have had multiple people tell me how classy our fanbase was.

I live in south Georgia? really? When did you visit my city? Last I checked, I own my home north of the Fall Line!

Last time I visited Boone, there was an App guy who tried to hit a GSU WOMAN! But, your excuse would be that you just have a handful of bad fans where when you maybe had a run-in with a small group of ours (or didn't even come at all and "heard" it from someone) it means it is our entire fanbase! When you attack and entire SCHOOL's Fanbase? Really? I agree 100% that every fanbase has their bad apples. But since you have spoken to other schools, I guess you are the expert on fans and that we "EFFING SUCK." I was just making a point that I expected more in terms of the # of fans that travel from the Classiest fanbase in the WORLD.

Eaglesrus
November 4th, 2012, 12:33 PM

Excellent argument to point out who is classless!

appvette
November 4th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Ok, I'm a GSU fan and on national TV, how should I react? Let's go with this LOL

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae224/wardvette/Game/photo3.jpg

Eaglesrus
November 4th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Ok, I'm a GSU fan and on national TV, how should I react? Let's go with this LOL

So, we're saying one fan represents the whole fan base? I know he wouldn't be the only one, but it's not like the masses do stuff like that, as some App State posters would like for everyone to believe. I also know that there are some App State fans that do the same kind of thing, I've experienced it personally on the main street in Boone.

appvette
November 4th, 2012, 12:49 PM
I know, I just thought it was funny.

pbr1893
November 4th, 2012, 01:19 PM
funny!!! i saw that too...oh and i didn't proof read my first comment...hear and not here.

theasushow
November 4th, 2012, 01:22 PM
haha that is pretty damn funny.

T-Dog
November 4th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Some GSU fans were telling me this was THREE FEET OUT OF BOUNDS.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/tdog231x/thepricewasright.jpg

GSU EAGLES
November 4th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Check out the hot blonde. NICE!!

straightshooter
November 4th, 2012, 03:19 PM

No, but it's a better that 50/50 bet that the left front of his shoe is on the line. Doesn't matter now anyway, but it sure leaves the door open for conversation.

Apphole
November 4th, 2012, 03:47 PM
No, but it's a better that 50/50 bet that the left front of his shoe is on the line. Doesn't matter now anyway, but it sure leaves the door open for conversation.

50/50 eh? As in...it wouldn't have been overturned if there was replay?

GSU EAGLES
November 4th, 2012, 03:49 PM
I dont have a problem with the out of bounds call. The safety was the terrible call.

straightshooter
November 4th, 2012, 04:56 PM
50/50 eh? As in...it wouldn't have been overturned if there was replay?

We'll never know.

GSU EAGLES
November 4th, 2012, 05:08 PM

We were talking about his shadow. Clearly it is three feet out of bounds, therefore he was out of bounds. :)

GSUEagles#1
November 4th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Problem is number 90 made a bad tackle and had he made the tackle we would still be besties... Oh we'll maybe not besties!

Rekdiver
November 4th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Really? our fans did not cheer about a hurt player or say disrespectful things when someone gets hurt. I heard it three years ago in Boone and yesterday in the 'boro. That was the only time i heard a mass group of fans get rude. Now.... that being said, what did YOU PERSONALLY see yesterday that made you think WE are the classless ones? In the 10 years I have been following the Eagles, I have had multiple people tell me how classy our fanbase was.

I live in south Georgia? really? When did you visit my city? Last I checked, I own my home north of the Fall Line!

Last time I visited Boone, there was an App guy who tried to hit a GSU WOMAN! But, your excuse would be that you just have a handful of bad fans where when you maybe had a run-in with a small group of ours (or didn't even come at all and "heard" it from someone) it means it is our entire fanbase! When you attack and entire SCHOOL's Fanbase? Really? I agree 100% that every fanbase has their bad apples. But since you have spoken to other schools, I guess you are the expert on fans and that we "EFFING SUCK." I was just making a point that I expected more in terms of the # of fans that travel from the Classiest fanbase in the WORLD.

I rarely say someone is outright lying but yep you are. I assume it was the classless App fans who threatened the officials?

GSUEagles#1
November 4th, 2012, 06:09 PM
I rarely say someone is outright lying but yep you are. I assume it was the classless App fans who threatened the officials?

I didn't threaten anybody and neither did a person in my group... Y'all say our entire fanbase is rude and classless, just trying to make a point that 1% of the fans can't determine an entire fanbase... How am I lying? I saw both of those happen. I heard about the threatening things, sure don't like it and don't deny it, but I'm not lying.. I don't understand what you read that I said that was lying. If we need to compare stories of classless things both sets of fans do, we'll be here til next years game, just don't start saying that we are all rude and effing classless!

Skjellyfetti
November 4th, 2012, 07:01 PM
So, we're saying one fan represents the whole fan base? I know he wouldn't be the only one, but it's not like the masses do stuff like that, as some App State posters would like for everyone to believe.

Ok. I know it's been debated a bit and I have no idea what caused it. But, when the two sections of GSU fans started yelling at, flicking off, and throwing stuff at the App State section... it was WAYYY more than one fan. xlolx

I remember turning around trying to figure out what was going on... and my jaw absolutely dropping at the sight. If ever there was an example of "the masses do[ing] stuff like that" it was that moment in the second half. Unbelievable. xsmhx

AppMAN04
November 4th, 2012, 08:20 PM
http://youtu.be/PuK6Z-jhsM4

In other news who else saw this happen today??
AE

Smitty with a hell of a block...

Eaglesrus
November 4th, 2012, 09:04 PM
it seems yours is a majority of classless fans. app fans along with a majority of other schools fans which i have spoken to all say the same thing....YOUR FANS EFFING SUCK AND ARE THE RUDEST SINCE MARSHALL! i can't figure out if it's simply because you live in that dump of an area called south georgia or you guys were just born that way. in fact, why don't you guys just have a long weekend retreat with your kin folk from marshall and dwell on the fact that you guys are not liked...period.

Ok. I know it's been debated a bit and I have no idea what caused it. But, when the two sections of GSU fans started yelling at, flicking off, and throwing stuff at the App State section... it was WAYYY more than one fan. xlolx

I remember turning around trying to figure out what was going on... and my jaw absolutely dropping at the sight. If ever there was an example of "the masses do[ing] stuff like that" it was that moment in the second half. Unbelievable. xsmhx

"I have no idea what caused it" being a key statement there Skjellyfetti. I saw many in the ASU contingent (though it wasn't all that large of a contingent) giving it back in kind. Bad as it was, let's not pretend nothing like that has ever happened in KBS, i.e. the oft discussed incident involving our band a few years ago. Don't know what started that either, though I've heard stories from both sides, but I do know that there were App State fans that acted in similar fashion to how ours did yesterday. Not excusing our fans that were involved yesterday by any means, just pointing out that those sorts of things go both ways.

Be that as it may, my statement was in response to pbr's claim that "it seems yours is a majority of classless fans". Even the incident yesterday, as bad as it was, didn't come close to involving a majority of our fans. As I said before, it's revealing to me that a person calls us classless and then proceeds to say "YOUR FANS EFFING SUCK AND ARE THE RUDEST SINCE MARSHALL! i can't figure out if it's simply because you live in that dump of an area called south georgia or you guys were just born that way." Really wish I could come up with another way to say it, but I just can't come up with anything better than "pot, meet kettle".

pbr1893
November 4th, 2012, 09:26 PM
i said it...and every meeting between fans, i see this. you bring out the worst in us and vice versa. never will i forget a group of your 1%'ers marching through our tailgate area waving the big eaglet flag. words were exchanged with others in another tailgate and this seemingly "well mannered" ga. southern "lady" exclaims..."bitch! we got 6 damn championships!" she obviously scored very well in her verbal on the sat's...ask montana fans who came to boone what they think of us and how they were treated...ask others...cept jmu..they're like you guys but act more affluent and snobby. take a poll..who's fans overall are seen as the jerks of the conference or fcs...the eagles would come out on top...or i guess on the bottom. just my opinion...

cbarrier90
November 4th, 2012, 09:32 PM
This is the thread that never ends...it just goes on and on my friends...

eaglewraith
November 4th, 2012, 09:51 PM

App fans started smacking not knowing what it was.....and we'll continue smacking them forever just because....

Mr. C
November 4th, 2012, 09:57 PM

AE

Thanks for posting that. Reminds me that I saw some pics this week of Armanti, his wife and two little kids dressing up for Halloween as the Incredibles.

Mr. C
November 4th, 2012, 09:57 PM

It's all my fault for covering this game.

asumike83
November 4th, 2012, 09:59 PM
For what it's worth, I was treated just fine by every GSU fan I spoke to. There was a little back and forth when Russell went down and apparently some of the students thought we should have sat down but that was it from where I was sitting. I've seen some Appalachian fans do things that made me downright embarrassed so let's not pretend we don't all have our bad apples. I think the vast majority of App folks are great people and from what I've seen of GSU, I'd say the same thing.

The fact is, this is a bitter rivalry. The games are intense and we will bring out the worst in each other from time to time.

ASU_Fanatic
November 4th, 2012, 10:01 PM

AE

I wanted him to score so bad why didn't he cut to the inside

Mr. C
November 4th, 2012, 10:02 PM
I wanted him to score so bad why didn't he cut to the inside

Armanti was probably in SHOCK that he was that wide open and that Cam Newton actually threw him the ball.

Eagle11
November 4th, 2012, 10:06 PM
For what it's worth, I was treated just fine by every GSU fan I spoke to. There was a little back and forth when Russell went down and apparently some of the students thought we should have sat down but that was it from where I was sitting. I've seen some Appalachian fans do things that made me downright embarrassed so let's not pretend we don't all have our bad apples. I think the vast majority of App folks are great people and from what I've seen of GSU, I'd say the same thing.

The fact is, this is a bitter rivalry. The games are intense and we will bring out the worst in each other from time to time.

I've heard so much about how ****ty our fans are, I made it a point to be friendly to as many App fans as I could. Two ladies even told me they were surprised I didn't try to mug them. Kind of funny.

ASU_Fanatic
November 4th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Armanti was probably in SHOCK that he was that wide open and that Cam Newton actually threw him the ball.

He's never in for Newton to get him the ball

GATA_Eagles
November 4th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Here's another great one-handed catch from this weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8l6LJBSsu4&feature=share

seantaylor
November 5th, 2012, 12:57 AM

The guy selling chickens in The Devils Rejects is teaching a lesson on football? Sign me up.

Eaglesrus
November 5th, 2012, 06:03 AM
i said it...and every meeting between fans, i see this. you bring out the worst in us and vice versa. never will i forget a group of your 1%'ers marching through our tailgate area waving the big eaglet flag. words were exchanged with others in another tailgate and this seemingly "well mannered" ga. southern "lady" exclaims..."bitch! we got 6 damn championships!" she obviously scored very well in her verbal on the sat's...ask montana fans who came to boone what they think of us and how they were treated...ask others...cept jmu..they're like you guys but act more affluent and snobby. take a poll..who's fans overall are seen as the jerks of the conference or fcs...the eagles would come out on top...or i guess on the bottom. just my opinion...

In conference I think you might be right about your poll results, unfortunately. My guess is that amongst out-of-conference fans neither one of our fan bases would be all that poorly thought of. So for my last comment here I'll agree with you that we do bring out the worst in each other as a group, but I can't agree that the majority of either fan base are the lowlifes that you describe us to be.

SoCon48
November 5th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Check out the hot blonde. NICE!!

She's good looking, but not exactly hot. I guess by GSU standards, she is hot.

PaladinFan
November 5th, 2012, 07:06 AM
I've heard so much about how ****ty our fans are, I made it a point to be friendly to as many App fans as I could. Two ladies even told me they were surprised I didn't try to mug them. Kind of funny.

As a visiting fan, I expect a level of discomfort when traveling to foreign stadiums (I still do not see how anyone wants to see a football game bad enough to be the lone Alabama fan in 30,000 LSU students, though). Georgia Southern's issue, IMO, is the placement of their students. They (unless it has changed very recently) but their students directly behind the visiting team and directly next to the visiting fans. That just asks for trouble.

Case in point, when App sealed the game late, and the camera panned the stands, I could see GSU students (on television!) yelling and cursing at the App State players. Now, I am sure the ASU players turned around and showed their hind end (just as Furman players have done in the past), but it is not terribly unexpected. Paulson Stadium prides itself on being an "intimidating" place to play, and part of that intimidation stems from the fact they have made it uncomfortable for visitors, both players and fans.

Eagle11
November 5th, 2012, 07:16 AM
As a visiting fan, I expect a level of discomfort when traveling to foreign stadiums (I still do not see how anyone wants to see a football game bad enough to be the lone Alabama fan in 30,000 LSU students, though). Georgia Southern's issue, IMO, is the placement of their students. They (unless it has changed very recently) but their students directly behind the visiting team and directly next to the visiting fans. That just asks for trouble.

Case in point, when App sealed the game late, and the camera panned the stands, I could see GSU students (on television!) yelling and cursing at the App State players. Now, I am sure the ASU players turned around and showed their hind end (just as Furman players have done in the past), but it is not terribly unexpected. Paulson Stadium prides itself on being an "intimidating" place to play, and part of that intimidation stems from the fact they have made it uncomfortable for visitors, both players and fans.

I know there's no excuse for stuff like that, but I will say a lot of those middle fingers came up after the players started taunting the student section. You can't act like it was entirely the student's doing.

AppStsGr8
November 5th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Now that I've read this entire thread, I will comment on what I saw with my own eyes last week before the game and Saturday in Statesboro. I cannot speak factually about what I did not see and will not attempt to do so.

1 - Several GaSo fans visited the App message board before the game and were most helpful with directions on parking, tailgating, etc. Thanks for that.
2 - We had no problems finding our way around Statesboro thanks to those directions. I did hear some rather ugly comments between GaSo fans directed at App as we walked from our first parking spot toward the stadium. Those comments were clearly intended to be heard. Most of them were from folks who seemed to have started drinking early in the day.
3 - When we realized there was pay parking right beside the stadium, we moved our car from the free lot to the car wash lot right across from the stadium. We had several very pleasant conversations with those GaSo fans in that lot.
4 - We were not harrassed or treated rudely by anyone in the booster lot as we walked around the outside of the stadium before going in.

To this point, everything was exactly what I expect at any away game - mostly great fans, a few drunk kids being arses.

5 - We sat down in our seats in row 10, section J. All was well until a group of GaSo fans whose tickets were actually for a different location in the stadium plunked themselves down in front of us and directly behind some of Tony Washington's family. This group of fans who appeared to be too old to be students were drunk and rude. None of the App fans around them started anything with them.

As the first quarter progressed, these GaSo fans got louder and louder - no problem there, cheering is expected - and cruder - problem here, they were cursing loudly and would not change their language even when asked politely by the folks in front of them. Finally, the policeman came and instructed the GaSo fans to stop harrassing the folks in front of them and to quit cursing. The policeman kept his eye on these GaSo fans for most of the rest of the game.

One of the more obnoxious members of the group thought it would be better to turn around and face us and yell in our direction rather than watching the game. We asked him repeatedly to turn around to no avail. Logical discussion was not an option with this guy nor was it possible with his friends. When we all decided we would simply stay standing, lean around these folks to see the game, and not respond to them in any way, shape, or form, we were able to see the game.

6 - The App fan directly to the right of his group apparently said something ugly to the obnoxious GaSo fan standing right beside him. Whatever it was was enough to make the GaSo fan switch places with his buddy. Whatever it was was inappropriate for the App fan to say. Thankfully, it was addressed to that one fan and was not audible to me standing directly behind them.

7 - We saw and heard GaSo fans in the section right beside us calling individual players out and being quite rude. It looked like the App players had been instructed not to turn around and engage those fans but that didn't stop the foul language. I was grateful that our players held their emotions until closer to the end of the game. Our main concern was what those same fans would be like to us if the police were not there to keep order. It was not a pleasant thought.

8 - When Russell went down, all the App fans around me went silent - particularly the players' parents and families. Most of us clapped when Russell sat up. Understand that we've all seen kids get knocked flat and understand that spinal cord injuries are horrible. We were all relieved to see him sit up which indicated that whatever the injury was, it wasn't life threatening. We clapped for that. We were in no way applauding his injury. When he got up and was helped off the field, we clapped again. He will fight another day. I'm glad for that.

I cannot speak to what happened between those App fans at the top of the App contingent and the GaSo fans. I do know that every App fan around me was polite when Russell went down and was relieved to see him leave the field under his own power.

9 - When the game was over, we were elated. Any win over GaSo is a big win. With the struggles we've had this year, Saturday's win was huge. The GaSo players and coaches came to the GaSo band / student section for the playing of the alma mater. A few of the parents behind me started to cheer for our players. When I pointed out that we needed to wait until the alma mater was over, they clammed up quickly and held their cheers until the GaSo alma mater was complete.

It should be noted here that the App team also waited to do their normal postgame prayer until the GaSo alma mater was complete.

After the game, our little group kept asking ourselves, "If we knew that App would win and we knew the GaSo fans would be just the same, would we return to Statesboro?" The jury is still out on that one. The first rule of self-defense is not to put oneself in a position in which one knows the self-defense skills will be needed.

Thanks to the GaSo fans who were welcoming and enjoyed talking good football. We were truly grateful for your hospitality.

caribbeanhen
November 5th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Now that I've read this entire thread Wow really?

Apphole
November 5th, 2012, 08:14 AM

They may pride themselves in their hostile environment, but they're kidding themselves if they think it has anything to do with noise. This was my first trip to Stinkboro. The stadium looks WAY smaller in real life than in photos. 22k is very generous. I didn't expect it to be as loud as KBS, but damn was it quiet. On our 3rd downs I could have a conversation with someone right next to me without even having to raise my voice. Like I posted earlier in the thread, after the questionable safety call when it was 3rd down on our goal line, the noise got impressive very briefly, about to your typical third down at KBS, but a 70 yard bomb to price sure nipped in in the bud. If not for the angry behavior of the students, it wouldn't be an intimidating atmosphere at all.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 5th, 2012, 08:28 AM
They may pride themselves in their hostile environment, but they're kidding themselves if they think it has anything to do with noise. This was my first trip to Stinkboro. The stadium looks WAY smaller in real life than in photos. 22k is very generous. I didn't expect it to be as loud as KBS, but damn was it quiet. On our 3rd downs I could have a conversation with someone right next to me without even having to raise my voice. Like I posted earlier in the thread, after the questionable safety call when it was 3rd down on our goal line, the noise got impressive very briefly, about to your typical third down at KBS, but a 70 yard bomb to price sure nipped in in the bud. If not for the angry behavior of the students, it wouldn't be an intimidating atmosphere at all.

I've been to KBS too and I think your attendance estimates are also a good bit high. I went to the ASU-GSU game last year and no way on Earth was there 30,000 people there as was reported.

As far as the noise goes, you have to remember you are sitting on the student side so you won't hear as much as if you were on the field. You're just being a homer if you think KBS is that much louder. Certainly the noise level at App last year was not impressive, but I give the benefit of the doubt because I have been to games in Boone where the crowd was louder. Yesterday wasn't the best effort on the part of our crowd, either.

Rekdiver
November 5th, 2012, 08:33 AM
I got a note from a couple of my friends who went to the game. I will add a little color to this and say my friends are in their late 50's and do not do anything but cheer for ASU. No crap from them. She shared with me how thoughtful the Georgia Southern students and other fans were to share ice and cups with them. She did also mention that she wished that they would have just handed these items to them rather than toss them from 20 rows away. She also mentioned that it sounded like a tourretes syndrome convention complete with signing for the deaf among them as if they didn't understand what was being said. And don't think for one minute that referees don't have a long memory. Wow, do you folks think that this will help you get a first round home game much less than a FBS conference bid?

Apphole
November 5th, 2012, 08:36 AM
I've been to KBS too and I think your attendance estimates are also a good bit high. I went to the ASU-GSU game last year and no way on Earth was there 30,000 people there as was reported.

As far as the noise goes, you have to remember you are sitting on the student side so you won't hear as much as if you were on the field. You're just being a homer if you think KBS is that much louder. Certainly the noise level at App last year was not impressive, but I give the benefit of the doubt because I have been to games in Boone where the crowd was louder. Yesterday wasn't the best effort on the part of our crowd, either.

I'll have to take your word for it that that wasn't your best effort. The only reason I don't think it was 22k was the fact that I was comparing the crowd size to what I'm used to seeing at The Rock. It honestly looked a little more than half of our crowd size.

As far as the noise at The Rock last year, you're just flat out lying. It was pretty rowdy last year. More than twice as loud as Paulson Saturday.

Gringer1
November 5th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Yeah, I've never heard obscenities or had anything thrown at me while in Boone /sarcasm. You App guys sure do know how to take the "my **** don't stink" attitude about everything. That goal post assault incident? That was an accident! Bum rushing the visiting team after a game and throwing their food on the ground? Also an accident! Throwing stuff at visiting bands? That's because they had the audacity to play their fight song! You guys are nucking futts in your ability to deny any wrongdoing by your own people while slinging muck everywhere else.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 5th, 2012, 08:41 AM
As far as the noise at The Rock last year, you're just flat out lying. It was pretty rowdy last year. More than twice as loud as Paulson Saturday.

I'm just telling you what I observed. Again, don't judge when you are not on the press box side of the stadium.

AppChicago
November 5th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Yeah, I've never heard obscenities or had anything thrown at me while in Boone /sarcasm. You App guys sure do know how to take the "my **** don't stink" attitude about everything. That goal post assault incident? That was an accident! Bum rushing the visiting team after a game and throwing their food on the ground? Also an accident! Throwing stuff at visiting bands? That's because they had the audacity to play their fight song! You guys are nucking futts in your ability to deny any wrongdoing by your own people while slinging muck everywhere else.

Yes. There are certainly bad fans in Boone, too. No one school has the market cornered on drunken idiots. I see lots of hospitality handed out to visiting fans when I'm at The Rock, and I do my best to add to that, but I know that one bad apple spoils the barrel.

However, I will say that I may have been allegedly a small part of the group carrying those goalposts that went through the bus window. The people carrying the posts couldn't see where they were going. It was a mass of people carrying that thing and they were moving through a big crowd with only a vague sense of where they were going. There was a collective "WHOA! STOP! BACK UP!" when it went through the window, but not a lot of direction otherwise. Just for the record.

Eaglesrus
November 5th, 2012, 08:49 AM
I'll have to take your word for it that that wasn't your best effort. The only reason I don't think it was 22k was the fact that I was comparing the crowd size to what I'm used to seeing at The Rock. It honestly looked a little more than half of our crowd size.

Nope, not from where I was sitting. I chalked it up to the weather.

Gringer1
November 5th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Yes. There are certainly bad fans in Boone, too. No one school has the market cornered on drunken idiots. I see lots of hospitality handed out to visiting fans when I'm at The Rock, and I do my best to add to that, but I know that one bad apple spoils the barrel.

However, I will say that I may have been allegedly a small part of the group carrying those goalposts that went through the bus window. The people carrying the posts couldn't see where they were going. It was a mass of people carrying that thing and they were moving through a big crowd with only a vague sense of where they were going. There was a collective "WHOA! STOP! BACK UP!" when it went through the window, but not a lot of direction otherwise. Just for the record.

If it happened in Statesboro, your boys would be declaring GSU to be a member of the Axis of Evil. App fans do something stupid and you guys always have a great excuse. Somebody from GSU makes a drunken mistake and you guys want to crucify somebody. I have yet to see an App fan ever admit to a specific incident of hooliganism, yet you guys want to make any intoxicated fool from GSU out to be the prototypical GSU fan.

BoroNative
November 5th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Ahhh Yes. Isn't it fun to have a rivalry, with all the ingredients; close games, high rankings, bad calls, obnoxious fans. Look at this way. We could be Furman fans. :-P

AppChicago
November 5th, 2012, 08:58 AM
If it happened in Statesboro, your boys would be declaring GSU to be a member of the Axis of Evil. App fans do something stupid and you guys always have a great excuse. Somebody from GSU makes a drunken mistake and you guys want to crucify somebody. I have yet to see an App fan ever admit to a specific incident of hooliganism, yet you guys want to make any intoxicated fool from GSU out to be the prototypical GSU fan.

Don't "you guys" me. I've never said anything but what I just said, which is that every school has its morons, including App and GaSo. I was just telling you how one particular instance played out from someone who was there. Ahem. *Allegedly* there.

pbr1893
November 5th, 2012, 09:07 AM
ill admit to a little hooliganism...or taunting...you guys came to boone several years back as the number 1 team i believe and were very confident...so much in fact, that your fans felt the need to tell us just how much you were going to enjoy beating app on a nice fall weekend. to which i replied to your kind fans..."that might be true...you might win...but if you do, you still have to go back to that *****hole called statesboro...and i get to live here!" they seemed stunned and figured out i was right about their beloved statesboro...oh and app won too!

GSUEagles#1
November 5th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Now that I've read this entire thread, I will comment on what I saw with my own eyes last week before the game and Saturday in Statesboro. I cannot speak factually about what I did not see and will not attempt to do so.

1 - Several GaSo fans visited the App message board before the game and were most helpful with directions on parking, tailgating, etc. Thanks for that.
2 - We had no problems finding our way around Statesboro thanks to those directions. I did hear some rather ugly comments between GaSo fans directed at App as we walked from our first parking spot toward the stadium. Those comments were clearly intended to be heard. Most of them were from folks who seemed to have started drinking early in the day.
3 - When we realized there was pay parking right beside the stadium, we moved our car from the free lot to the car wash lot right across from the stadium. We had several very pleasant conversations with those GaSo fans in that lot.
4 - We were not harrassed or treated rudely by anyone in the booster lot as we walked around the outside of the stadium before going in.

To this point, everything was exactly what I expect at any away game - mostly great fans, a few drunk kids being arses.

5 - We sat down in our seats in row 10, section J. All was well until a group of GaSo fans whose tickets were actually for a different location in the stadium plunked themselves down in front of us and directly behind some of Tony Washington's family. This group of fans who appeared to be too old to be students were drunk and rude. None of the App fans around them started anything with them.

As the first quarter progressed, these GaSo fans got louder and louder - no problem there, cheering is expected - and cruder - problem here, they were cursing loudly and would not change their language even when asked politely by the folks in front of them. Finally, the policeman came and instructed the GaSo fans to stop harrassing the folks in front of them and to quit cursing. The policeman kept his eye on these GaSo fans for most of the rest of the game.

One of the more obnoxious members of the group thought it would be better to turn around and face us and yell in our direction rather than watching the game. We asked him repeatedly to turn around to no avail. Logical discussion was not an option with this guy nor was it possible with his friends. When we all decided we would simply stay standing, lean around these folks to see the game, and not respond to them in any way, shape, or form, we were able to see the game.

6 - The App fan directly to the right of his group apparently said something ugly to the obnoxious GaSo fan standing right beside him. Whatever it was was enough to make the GaSo fan switch places with his buddy. Whatever it was was inappropriate for the App fan to say. Thankfully, it was addressed to that one fan and was not audible to me standing directly behind them.

7 - We saw and heard GaSo fans in the section right beside us calling individual players out and being quite rude. It looked like the App players had been instructed not to turn around and engage those fans but that didn't stop the foul language. I was grateful that our players held their emotions until closer to the end of the game. Our main concern was what those same fans would be like to us if the police were not there to keep order. It was not a pleasant thought.

8 - When Russell went down, all the App fans around me went silent - particularly the players' parents and families. Most of us clapped when Russell sat up. Understand that we've all seen kids get knocked flat and understand that spinal cord injuries are horrible. We were all relieved to see him sit up which indicated that whatever the injury was, it wasn't life threatening. We clapped for that. We were in no way applauding his injury. When he got up and was helped off the field, we clapped again. He will fight another day. I'm glad for that.

I cannot speak to what happened between those App fans at the top of the App contingent and the GaSo fans. I do know that every App fan around me was polite when Russell went down and was relieved to see him leave the field under his own power.

9 - When the game was over, we were elated. Any win over GaSo is a big win. With the struggles we've had this year, Saturday's win was huge. The GaSo players and coaches came to the GaSo band / student section for the playing of the alma mater. A few of the parents behind me started to cheer for our players. When I pointed out that we needed to wait until the alma mater was over, they clammed up quickly and held their cheers until the GaSo alma mater was complete.

It should be noted here that the App team also waited to do their normal postgame prayer until the GaSo alma mater was complete.

After the game, our little group kept asking ourselves, "If we knew that App would win and we knew the GaSo fans would be just the same, would we return to Statesboro?" The jury is still out on that one. The first rule of self-defense is not to put oneself in a position in which one knows the self-defense skills will be needed.

Thanks to the GaSo fans who were welcoming and enjoyed talking good football. We were truly grateful for your hospitality.

They WAITED? The entire Alma Mater the coaches were chest bumping each other and players. I don't care who wins or loses, at Chatt, Furman, and Western this year we went near the opposing team before EVER celebrating. (Aside from the typical seconds coming off the clock celebrating) As someone who sits on the homeside I could not even look at my team during the alma mater on Saturday without seeing COACHES jumping up and down celebrating during it. Coaches are the role Models and should act like it.

GSUEagles#1
November 5th, 2012, 09:41 AM
I got a note from a couple of my friends who went to the game. I will add a little color to this and say my friends are in their late 50's and do not do anything but cheer for ASU. No crap from them. She shared with me how thoughtful the Georgia Southern students and other fans were to share ice and cups with them. She did also mention that she wished that they would have just handed these items to them rather than toss them from 20 rows away. She also mentioned that it sounded like a tourretes syndrome convention complete with signing for the deaf among them as if they didn't understand what was being said. And don't think for one minute that referees don't have a long memory. Wow, do you folks think that this will help you get a first round home game much less than a FBS conference bid?

Really? You have no room to comment if you weren't there.... sorry you just don't.

I'm tired of App fans acting like they are GOD an Saints and do NOTHING wrong.... In 2009 when App kicked our butt in Boone, one of our players had to be carried out on a stretcher and the people sitting behind me were cheering (Not to mention the entire time he was on the field the App Speakers were blaring with music) and talking about how the kid was dead saying and I QUOTE "He Dead... He real dead" his was also after App fans above us pour water on us through the bleachers. The only point i have made on this board all weekend is that EVERY CROWD has their fans that do this, I wont hold it against the entire App fanbase and I would expect that you don't hold it against our entire fanbase.

Rekdiver
November 5th, 2012, 09:46 AM

Well it IS South Georgia........And if it were just us cultured folk from God's Country saying this, I'd be a little more contrite.....however....I do believe many others share the same experiences. And so what if we don't know how to drive goalposts? As for food I doubt we would waste good food throwing it on you.

cbarrier90
November 5th, 2012, 09:51 AM
I'm tired of App fans acting like they are GOD an Saints and do NOTHING wrong.... In 2009 when App kicked our butt in Boone, one of our players had to be carried out on a stretcher and the people sitting behind me were cheering (Not to mention the entire time he was on the field the App Speakers were blaring with music) and talking about how the kid was dead saying and I QUOTE "He Dead... He real dead" his was also after App fans above us pour water on us through the bleachers. The only point i have made on this board all weekend is that EVERY CROWD has their fans that do this, I wont hold it against the entire App fanbase and I would expect that you don't hold it against our entire fanbase.

Those bleachers don't have any cover underneath them and it was raining that day in 2009.

As I recall, Jerry Moore's wife stayed with Hudson Presume at the hospital after his injury.

Don't go to a fierce rivalry game as a visiting fan and expect to be given a red carpet treatment. It's that simple. I don't condone any unwelcoming actions, but you have to understand the situation and be prepared for the worst.

Apphole
November 5th, 2012, 09:51 AM
http://www.kcconfidential.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Crying+Baby+Natural+High+for+Some+Moms.jpg

Eaglesrus
November 5th, 2012, 10:00 AM
http://www.kcconfidential.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Crying+Baby+Natural+High+for+Some+Moms.jpg

Does look like you :)

Apphole
November 5th, 2012, 10:06 AM

Compared to you, I suppose you're right. xsmiley_wix

Thanks again for the hospitality on Saturday. I will do my best to return the favor next year.

Eagle11
November 5th, 2012, 10:11 AM

I love your inferiority complex. You guys won and you still come online to take cheap shots at how small Paulson is. Guess what, the crowd was loud, regardless of how much you want to deny it. And come on, "Stinkboro" is not funny. You may think South Georgia is a ****hole, but come up with something better than Stinkboro.

GSUEagles#1
November 5th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Those bleachers don't have any cover underneath them and it was raining that day in 2009.

As I recall, Jerry Moore's wife stayed with Hudson Presume at the hospital after his injury.

Don't go to a fierce rivalry game as a visiting fan and expect to be given a red carpet treatment. It's that simple. I don't condone any unwelcoming actions, but you have to understand the situation and be prepared for the worst.

we were on the top row and it overhung above us a little. When rain has ice cubes in is and it isn't snowing/hailing there might be problems... but it is Boone, right?

I know she went there, so you are saying ONE fan can ruin an entire fanbase, but one coach's wife makes your entire fanbase crystal clear and perfect? Ah ha! I knew I should have gone to App instead of Southern. PLEASE give me whatever y'all are smoking it need it!

I'm not trying to compare incidents, just trying to prove a point that in EVERY situation there is good and bad. On Saturday when the student section yelled at the App Section, I guarantee there was at least one person telling them to stop and someone apologizing to y'all. But I'm sorry, because your coach's wife went to the hospital with Presume' it doesn't discount that an App fan was laughing about a player being "Dead". There's two things I don't tolerate Booing AT students when they do something wrong (Taunting is different than booing) and laughing/celebrating/cheering about an injury. Hell I got just as mad at some of our own fans on Saturday and last week because they have gone right up to our kickers and booed and told them they were worthless.

Mrs. Monken needs to start going to the hospital after every injury so that we can get a better wrap.

GSUEagles#1
November 5th, 2012, 10:13 AM

That's his preschool picture.

soweagle
November 5th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Here are my thoughts.
The refs made a bad call on the safety but how the heck did our defense let the next play happen? Again, our defense let that happen.

We missed 3 field goals, app missed one- 6 point difference.

The receiver did step out of bounds but this was after a missed tackle, our defense should not have let this happen

I still can't figure out what our students were so upset about when Russell was down. I was at the top of section K and saw nothing out of line by the App fans. I might have missed something but the only argument I see is they didn't sit down. I've never heard that you had to sit down when a player was injured. I do like the fact that the sutdents at GSU do this our of respect and I've seen it done for both our players and opposing players. However this is not a common thing among all football fans.

We had no answer for Price and one of the other receivers.

Our d line kept us in the game

Officials did not cost us the game

Other than the students yelling at the ASU fans during Russel's injury, I saw nothing out of line by GSU fans.

I agree with one App fan that stadium was quite yesterday for some odd reason (minus the blown saftey call).

Not sure what the big deal with the App players and coaches celebrating on the field after a big win for them. I take it as a sign of respect and they must feel the better team lost today. Moore actually said (paraphrasing here) that this was as a big a win as Michigan. Let them celebrate, who cares. If we don't want them celebrating on our turf, win the dang ball game. I did not see anything out of line but maybe I missed something.

Apphole
November 5th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I love your inferiority complex. You guys won and you still come online to take cheap shots at how small Paulson is. Guess what, the crowd was loud, regardless of how much you want to deny it. And come on, "Stinkboro" is not funny. You may think South Georgia is a ****hole, but come up with something better than Stinkboro.

It was not loud by Kidd Brewer standards. I'm sorry. You people have perpetuated that myth long enough. I had never been, so I never questioned it. Now I have heard (or not heard rather) with my own ears and I'm putting it to rest. I invite any neutral party to chime in.

Nothing inferior about my attitude. Your team just barely fell short of ours Saturday and your atmosphere fell short by a long shot.

GATA
November 5th, 2012, 10:33 AM
It was not loud by Kidd Brewer standards. I'm sorry. You people have perpetuated that myth long enough. I had never been, so I never questioned it. Now I have heard (or not heard rather) with my own ears and I'm putting it to rest. I invite any neutral party to chime in.

Nothing inferior about my attitude. Your team just barely fell short of ours Saturday and your atmosphere fell short by a long shot.

that's nonsense. Been to both stadiums. App is louder, but you're exaggerating.

blueballs
November 5th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Here are my thoughts.
The refs made a bad call on the safety but how the heck did our defense let the next play happen? Again, our defense let that happen.

The receiver did step out of bounds but this was after a missed tackle, our defense should not have let this happen

I still can't figure out what our students were so upset about when Russell was down. I was at the top of section K and saw nothing out of line by the App fans. I might have missed something but the only argument I see is they didn't sit down. I've never heard that you had to sit down when a player was injured. I do like the fact that the sutdents at GSU do this our of respect and I've seen it done for both our players and opposing players. However this is not a common thing among all football fans.

Other than the students yelling at the ASU fans during Russel's injury, I saw nothing out of line by GSU fans.

I agree with one App fan that stadium was quite yesterday for some odd reason (minus the blown saftey call).

Not sure what the big deal with the App players and coaches celebrating on the field after a big win for them. I take it as a sign of respect and they must feel the better team lost today. Moore actually said (paraphrasing here) that this was as a big a win as Michigan. Let them celebrate, who cares. If we don't want them celebrating on our turf, win the dang ball game. I did not see anything out of line but maybe I missed something.

Great post.

Apphole
November 5th, 2012, 10:48 AM
that's nonsense. Been to both stadiums. App is louder, but you're exaggerating.

I'll give you the fact that one day is not an accurate sample. But comparing Saturday to my 5 years of going to KBS, it was a very big difference, even for a sub bar game at The Rock.

Perhaps you're louder on other days when you aren't #1, aren't playing your biggest rival, don't have your biggest crowd in years and the game isn't very close.....

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 5th, 2012, 10:50 AM
1. SoCon officiating sucks
2. GSU student section needs to be moved.
3. **** our sorry field goal unit
4. We're still SoCon champs though we don't get the autobid by virtue of a whimsical tiebreaker
5. **** our sorry field goal unit
6. Let's have a rematch in Frisco with all injured players back.

Eagle11
November 5th, 2012, 10:51 AM
I'll give you the fact that one day is not an accurate sample. But comparing Saturday to my 5 years of going to KBS, it was a very big difference, even for a sub bar game at The Rock.

Perhaps you're louder on other days when you aren't #1, aren't playing your biggest rival, don't have your biggest crowd in years and the game isn't very close.....

Come on man, you're stadium seats 10,000 more people. If it isn't louder than Paulson, you're doing it wrong.

GATA
November 5th, 2012, 10:52 AM

Like you said. One day is not an accurate sample. I don't exactly remember booming-LSU levels of noise during my one trip to boone (in 2007).

However, given that you guys average 56,000 people a game (or whatever inflated number you throw around), it should be A BIT louder than Paulson.

Apphole
November 5th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Come on man, you're stadium seats 10,000 more people. If it isn't louder than Paulson, you're doing it wrong.

Here we go. Thank you. Glad to see someone taking off their blue and white hearing aids and inserting some reason.

GSUEagles#1
November 5th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Here are my thoughts.

About the celebrating, I'm fine with it, but the reason i brought it up was in response to an App fan saying that they were being respectful by waiting to do stuff until after the Alma Mater and I just wanted to make a point that it wasn't really waiting when they are jumping up and down during the alma mater and that it was the coaches and not the Players doing it. The coaches should be the ones keeping their cool and showing the respect.

I grew up at football games and it has ALWAYS been made aware that it was appropriate to sit down and get quiet out of respect. I don't know if it is a southern thing, I don't think it is a "RULE" but I have always known this.

Also, I don't think too many of us think honestly that the game was lost by the Refs. Its more just annoying that they made so much of an impact of some small results.

Waco Kid
November 5th, 2012, 11:36 AM

We aren't playing touch, but the rule says its where contact is made not where he is tackled. Close call but looks like conact was just before the end zone. No idea about the OOB call for Price's TD.

Terrible FG kicking and pass D cost the Eagles this game.

cbarrier90
November 5th, 2012, 11:43 AM

Gnatsboro?

Eagle11
November 5th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Gnatsboro?

If it helps you sleep at night. Creativity is not your fan base's strong point.

cbarrier90
November 5th, 2012, 11:58 AM

That hurts. I won "Most Artistic" in 3rd grade... :(

Apphole
November 5th, 2012, 12:12 PM

No need to get creative with so much low hanging fruit. Honey Boo Boo's mom being a huge Stink fan is pretty topical. Would you like us to switch to that?

GSUEagles#1
November 5th, 2012, 12:18 PM
No need to get creative with so much low hanging fruit. Honey Boo Boo's mom being a huge Stink fan is pretty topical. Would you like us to switch to that?

Last I heard she like goats, not eagles....

Apphole
November 5th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Last I heard she like goats, not eagles....

https://twitter.com/GSU_Queen

Eagle11
November 5th, 2012, 12:30 PM

I guess I've just always felt like **** talking should be based around fact, especially when dealing with sports. I'd rather you say, "Haha, you suck! We've beaten you twice in a row," instead of "Honey Boo Boo is a GSU fan." But then again, name calling/finger pointing is so much more effective.