PDA

View Full Version : OVC Picks

eiu1999
November 2nd, 2012, 04:31 PM
Saturday, November 3
*#18 Tennessee State at Murray State, 11:00 a.m. (FOX College Sports – live; FOX Sports South – delayed at 11 p.m. CT)
*Jacksonville State at UT Martin, 12:00 p.m. (OVC Digital Network)
Culver-Stockton at Austin Peay, 1:00 p.m. (OVC Digital Network)
*#23 Eastern Kentucky at Southeast Missouri, 1:00 p.m. (OVC Digital Network)
*Eastern Illinois at Tennessee Tech, 1:30 p.m. (OVC Digital Network)

Skyhawk71
November 2nd, 2012, 04:36 PM
Murray State
UT Martin*
Eastern Kentucky
Eastern Illinois
APSU

*Toss up- hope Hawks can pull it out at home

Jacked_Rabbit
November 2nd, 2012, 06:22 PM
I'm looking for an OVC expert to provide some deeper analysis on the Tenn St. vs. Murray St. game. Does anyone have any score predictions on this game? Or can someone please give a brief summary/breakdown of the match-up?

OSRacer
November 2nd, 2012, 07:13 PM
Murray
UTM
EKU
EIU
APSU

I think Murray pulls it out but TSU is much improved. Beating EKU at the end of the game and coming back to beat Tech shows they are a very tough, resilient team. The reason I think we pull it out is they have some DBs banged up a little and we have a ton of weapons. We've lost several close games this year and I think this is one we pull out. That said, we've had some atrocious defensive performances this year and tomorrow probably will be more of the same....but tomorrow I think we out run em and score more than they do...UTM and JSU is interesting and both are very good. Edge to UTM at home...EKU should roll but I wouldn't be surprised if SEMO works them until the bitter end. EIUs offense gives them the edge against a banged up Tech team. And APSU....go have some fun the boys deserve a big win...

Redbirdz
November 2nd, 2012, 11:14 PM
I think JSU has found its niche and will win this one at UTM.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 3rd, 2012, 10:34 AM
It is somewhat sad to see how little talk there is in an OVC thread... I'd think atleast 15-20 people would chime in to give their picks, but only 3-4? Where is everyone? xsmhx

TTUEagles
November 3rd, 2012, 04:11 PM
Well, I've pretty much checked out as my team has lost 6 straight...
I think UTM wins the conference - "we" haven't played them yet, but I feel everyone else is a bit overrated...TSU isn't NEARLY as good as their record and for the life of me, cannot figure out why Murray and EKU have lost as much as they have.

TTUEagles
November 3rd, 2012, 05:07 PM
Make that 7 straight...

M*TH#R *****#Rxbangx

MavK9
November 3rd, 2012, 05:39 PM
UTM pulled out a close one vs JSU. JSU missed an extra point late in the game, forced them to go for 2 to tie it with 40 seconds left and were unsuccessful. UTM and Eastern Illinois tied for OVC lead with UTM winning the head to head.

EKU Toss Sweep
November 3rd, 2012, 05:48 PM
cannot figure out why Murray and EKU have lost as much as they have.

Can't speak for Murray as I haven't seen them yet. As for EKU, I'd point to injuries. No excuse it's part of the game and is a big part of TTU's 7 game skid. Lost Tight End in the opener at Purdue and the rest of OL has been hit hard since. Nothing you can do about it except to play on.