PDA

View Full Version : Wagner? Anyone know the status of the campus/football stadium???

Sader87
October 31st, 2012, 07:13 PM
About the last thing they need to be concerning themselves with, just curious if they feel they can still host games etc (Holy Cross is scheduled to play at Wagner Nov. 10)

danefan
October 31st, 2012, 07:39 PM
The campus is up on a hill so I doubt any flooding damage. They could have downed trees though especially around campus.

I would imagine they'd be ready to host their next game. The question I have is whether they have practiced at all this week in preparation for Albany?

HailSzczur
October 31st, 2012, 07:52 PM
I would think given over a week that things should be a lot better by then. Like Danefan said they are on a hill, but then again from what I've heard from people here calling home Staten Island was one of the places hit hardest.

It will be interesting to see how this affects sports of the next week or two. The Knicks/Nets opener was postponed already, and in the MLS DC United agreed to switch games with NY Red Bull giving the Harrison area an extra 3 days until they host the MLS playoffs.

Good luck to all those still cleaning up. We were lucky to not get hit hard at all here on the Mainline, my thoughts go out to you all.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 31st, 2012, 08:38 PM
Wagner plays at Albany this weekend in a critical NEC matchup, incidentally. For that matter, not sure how Albany's campus is after the storm.

danefan
October 31st, 2012, 10:46 PM
Wagner plays at Albany this weekend in a critical NEC matchup, incidentally. For that matter, not sure how Albany's campus is after the storm.

Albany campus is fine. Albany wasnt hit that hard.

danefan
November 1st, 2012, 08:37 AM
Update on Wagner

http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Wagner-worries-beyond-football-3998581.php

Wagner canceled all classes this week. Asked if all the players would return before Saturday's game, Hameline responded, "You hope so, but I don't know. Hopefully, most of them make it back."

Sader87
November 1st, 2012, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the updates guys...thoughts and prayers to the Wagner and Staten Island communities.

CSN-info
November 2nd, 2012, 03:34 AM
Update on Wagner
Yes, first reported by the CSN-Log here at AGS:
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?122055-CSN-Log-Wagner-worries-beyond-football

danefan
November 2nd, 2012, 06:48 AM
Yes, first reported by the CSN-Log here at AGS:
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?122055-CSN-Log-Wagner-worries-beyond-football

Uh it was first reported in the actual paper that wrote the article. No one cares about CSN Ralph.

aceinthehole
November 2nd, 2012, 07:21 AM
Uh it was first reported in the actual paper that wrote the article. No one cares about CSN Ralph.

Exactly! Aggregation of news stories featuring FCS teams is nice feature of a website, but please give proper credit to the reporters and newspapers that are breaking the stories. CSN and AGS is not a news organization.

dwtime
November 3rd, 2012, 04:50 PM
Big win by Wagner today under the circumstances.

aceinthehole
November 3rd, 2012, 05:10 PM
Big win by Wagner today under the circumstances.

Wow, what a shocker. This was a huge win for Wagner and IMO very good news for the rest of the NEC!

We all know that Albany has been arguably the top team in the NEC for the last decade and has had recorded many quality non-conf wins that helped boost the reputation of the league. But if Wagner can hold on and win the NEC AQ this year, it would be fantastic for the league.

IMO - losing Albany from the NEC sucks as both a CCSU fan and as a NEC fan. They have been the standard bearer for this league. But if the NEC can have 3 different teams win the league and represent the NEC in the playoffs in our first three years with AQ access, then that is a good sign. The league is getting stronger (with much thanks to Albany), but it is not a 1-team league. The fact we have competitive league games week in and out is good news for anyone who is a NEC fan.

I wish Albany and all their fans the best luck in the CAA next year and thank them for what they did for the NEC, but I really couldn't be happier that another NEC team may win the league and the AQ this year. The NEC has to survive without Albany and this is a good first step in that direction.

van
November 3rd, 2012, 05:22 PM
Not good news for 8-3 at large candidates. Wagner in drivers seat for AQ, and Albany competing for an at large.

FargoBison
November 3rd, 2012, 05:25 PM
Not good news for 8-3 at large candidates. Wagner in drivers seat for AQ, and Albany competing for an at large.

More like 7-4 at large candidates.

MTfan4life
November 3rd, 2012, 05:50 PM
Give students a week off school before a big game and they will play like rock stars! haha

Sader87
November 3rd, 2012, 07:06 PM
Scuttlebut at Fitton today was that next week's game may be moved to Fitton....I actually hope that's not the case.

van
November 3rd, 2012, 07:34 PM
More like 7-4 at large candidates.

There are no 7-4 at large candidates this year, get 8 wins or watch on TV.

aceinthehole
November 3rd, 2012, 07:44 PM
Well, the Wagner win today certainly changes the NEC AQ race. Here's how it looks now:

Wagner (6-1)
Albany (5-1)
Monmouth (3-2)

Nov. 10 - Monmouth vs. Saint Francis; Albany at Duquesne
Nov. 17 - Duquesne at Wagner; Albany vs. CCSU; Monmouth at Robert Morris

Controls their own destiny:
Wagner – clinches AQ with a win vs. Duquesne (or Albany loss to Duquesne or CCSU)

Needs help:
Albany – can win AQ with wins vs. both Duquesne and CCSU (plus needs Wagner loss to Duquesne)
Monmouth – can win AQ with wins vs. both SFPA and RMU (plus needs Wagner loss; and Albany to lose both games; and must reschedule and win vs. CCSU)

PantherRob82
November 3rd, 2012, 08:26 PM
Well, the Wagner win today certainly changes the NEC AQ race. Here's how it looks now:

Wagner (6-1)
Albany (5-1)
Monmouth (3-2)

Nov. 10 - Monmouth vs. Saint Francis; Albany at Duquesne
Nov. 17 - Duquesne at Wagner; Albany vs. CCSU; Monmouth at Robert Morris

Controls their own destiny:
Wagner – clinches AQ with a win vs. Duquesne (or Albany loss to Duquesne or CCSU)

Needs help:
Albany – can win AQ with wins vs. both Duquesne and CCSU (plus needs Wagner loss to Duquesne)
Monmouth – can win AQ with wins vs. both SFPA and RMU (plus needs Wagner loss; and Albany to lose both games; and must reschedule and win vs. CCSU)

How would Monmouth reschedule a game with no free weeks?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 3rd, 2012, 08:28 PM
Basically, Albany's parting gift to the NEC is to royally screw up their autobid for this year, putting Monmouth, who "postponed" their game this week, squarely back in the postseason picture.

aceinthehole
November 3rd, 2012, 08:31 PM
How would Monmouth reschedule a game with no free weeks?

Not sure if they could, but I put that out there as a possibility.

aceinthehole
November 3rd, 2012, 08:35 PM
Basically, Albany's parting gift to the NEC is to royally screw up their autobid for this year, putting Monmouth, who "postponed" their game this week, squarely back in the postseason picture.

Albany didn't screw anything up. A Wagner win and they're in - it's that's simple.

Monmouth needs a lot of help from Wagner and UA before the cancelled game vs. CCSU even comes into play.

FargoBison
November 3rd, 2012, 08:42 PM
There are no 7-4 at large candidates this year, get 8 wins or watch on TV.

Albany is not getting in over an 8 win CAA, MVFC, Big Sky, SoCon or SLC team. They can blame YSU and Maine for that.

danefan
November 4th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Albany is not getting in over an 8 win CAA, MVFC, Big Sky, SoCon or SLC team. They can blame YSU and Maine for that.

Agreed.

Albany is out unless Wagner loses and we win out to win the AQ.

we don't deserve an at-large. We have no good wins and a loss in the NEC (blowout might I add).

danefan
November 4th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Congrats to Wagner too. They fought through some adversity and destroyed us.

dgreco
November 4th, 2012, 07:11 AM
There might be some hope if mid level CAA/MVFC teams and the top of OVC keep knocking each other off. Albany might have an outside shot at at least being a "last four teams considered."