PDA

View Full Version : GAME OF THE WEEK - WEEK 11 (NOV 10th)

TheRevSFA
October 31st, 2012, 10:17 AM
Time to vote kiddos.

Winner gets a video made by Emory Hunt, the Czar of the Playbook, and of Hurricane Sandy Survival as well, if he ever gets enough power to go do it

South Dakota State at North Dakota State
Chatty at Wofford
JMU at Villanova.

Happy voting

BisonBacker
October 31st, 2012, 10:18 AM
HEHE wrong thread!

JMUNJ08
October 31st, 2012, 11:01 AM
Um this should easily be JMU & Nova. The loser has a REAL good chance of being out of the playoffs. The same do or die cannot be said for either of the other 2....

dystopiamembrane
October 31st, 2012, 11:18 AM
Southern Utah @ Northern Arizona

Twentysix
October 31st, 2012, 11:27 AM
Um this should easily be JMU & Nova. The loser has a REAL good chance of being out of the playoffs. The same do or die cannot be said for either of the other 2....

Kids cray.

Dakota Marker FTW!

http://cdplodge.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/IMG_1054-copy-1024x682.jpg

Reign of Terrier
October 31st, 2012, 11:31 AM
Perhaps its a homer vote but I said Chatty vs Wofford because it has direct implications on a conference championship

ITmonarch10
October 31st, 2012, 11:40 AM
This is a hard choice unlike some of the other weeks. JMU vs Nova has playoff implications. However, I kinda want to see what SDSU is really made of vs the bison.

Twentysix
October 31st, 2012, 11:42 AM
Perhaps its a homer vote but I said Chatty vs Wofford because it has direct implications on a conference championship

NDSU SDSU does also, for both teams.

TheRevSFA
October 31st, 2012, 11:48 AM
Southern Utah @ Northern Arizona

1) Nomination thread closed

2) You didn' follow nomination rules as it was.

See you next week

Kemo
October 31st, 2012, 01:26 PM
Only one of these games has a giant rock on the line:

Jacked_Rabbit
October 31st, 2012, 01:33 PM
Time to RAISE THE ROCK, and bring it back home where it belongs!!!

http://www.statealum.com/s/357/images/editor/2008%20Events/08%20tailgate/NDSU_108.jpg

ITmonarch10
October 31st, 2012, 02:17 PM
Time to RAISE THE ROCK, and bring it back home where it belongs!!!

http://www.statealum.com/s/357/images/editor/2008%20Events/08%20tailgate/NDSU_108.jpg

Really a Rock xeyebrowx. When UNH and Maine face off their is a nice musket on the line.

http://unhmagazine.unh.edu/f12/images/unh_football.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
October 31st, 2012, 02:31 PM
Really a Rock xeyebrowx. When UNH and Maine face off their is a nice musket on the line.

http://unhmagazine.unh.edu/f12/images/unh_football.jpg

That stupid rock was our consolation prize from the cancellation of our series with UND. Now THAT was a cool trophy.

asumike83
October 31st, 2012, 02:35 PM

There will be no conference title implications unless we upset GSU this weekend. They can clinch it with a victory.

TheRevSFA
October 31st, 2012, 02:36 PM
None of your trophies equal the awesomeness of Chief Caddo. The Largest Travelling Trophy in the NCAA. SFA will keep this again after beating NW State on the 17th

Chief Caddo was made out of a log. It's 7'6" tall.

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/espn1420.com/files/2011/04/caddo1.jpg

MTfan4life
October 31st, 2012, 02:37 PM

Over here in North Dakooootah. Life is much more simple. The finer things in life haven't really existed here, so when we need a trophy, we have to use things such as pylon-shaped stones or nickels.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 31st, 2012, 02:51 PM
None of your trophies equal the awesomeness of Chief Caddo. The Largest Travelling Trophy in the NCAA. SFA will keep this again after beating NW State on the 17th

Chief Caddo was made out of a log. It's 7'6" tall.

Can't believe the NCAA hasn't deemed Chief Caddo hostile and abusive!! haha

BisonBacker
October 31st, 2012, 02:59 PM
This wasn't even a contest!

BEAR
October 31st, 2012, 03:02 PM
Who are we voting for?

http://wallpapersgallery.net/d/1177719-1/Finding-Nemo-135-2.jpg

dystopiamembrane
October 31st, 2012, 03:27 PM
1) Nomination thread closed

2) You didn' follow nomination rules as it was.

See you next week
It was a write-in vote.

TheRevSFA
October 31st, 2012, 03:45 PM
It was a write-in vote.

Curse you Independent voters.

ngineer
October 31st, 2012, 10:31 PM
Need another...the Colgate/Lehigh game could be huge (or Uuuuuge, if you talk like Donald Trump), if both win this week. Both teams would be undefeated in the Patriot League with the winner having the inside track to the autobid. The game between these two teams is also traditionally a very good 'slobberknocker', with a good many being high scoring affairs.

Twentysix
October 31st, 2012, 10:41 PM

Back in the ol' days, These rocks were the markers that seperated North and South Dakota and physically represented the border. Hence, The Dakota Marker.

On the north side they are etched N.D. on the southside they are etched S.D..

NDSU has one on campus in our mother earth garden. I assume SDSU has one on campus somewhere too.

This is an awesome trophy with historical significance.

clawman
October 31st, 2012, 11:29 PM
Cal Poly @ EWU may determine the Big Sky conference champ.

BisonFan02
October 31st, 2012, 11:31 PM
Need another...the Colgate/Lehigh game could be huge (or Uuuuuge, if you talk like Donald Trump), if both win this week. Both teams would be undefeated in the Patriot League with the winner having the inside track to the autobid. The game between these two teams is also traditionally a very good 'slobberknocker', with a good many being high scoring affairs.

This is the same Colgate team that lost to South Dakota right?

Jacked_Rabbit
October 31st, 2012, 11:44 PM
This is the same Colgate team that lost to South Dakota right?

Wait, that can't be the same Colgate team... There must be two Colgates because there is no way that a team that'd likely go winless in the MVFC is in the running to be the AQ of their league. Right? I mean, right?!?

malibudude
October 31st, 2012, 11:51 PM
Poly @ EWU is a pretty big game.

Twentysix
November 1st, 2012, 12:01 AM
Poly @ EWU is a pretty big game.

If last week didn't happen it would have been a HUGE game. But, last week happened.

LakesBison
November 1st, 2012, 12:19 AM
Sdsu will lose at siu making NDSU/sdsu matchup less appealing

BisonFan02
November 1st, 2012, 12:41 AM
Wait, that can't be the same Colgate team... There must be two Colgates because there is no way that a team that'd likely go winless in the MVFC is in the running to be the AQ of their league. Right? I mean, right?!?

Can't be. Wouldn't it be crazy though if Colgate could somehow eek out the autobid (would be terrible for some bubble team)? Who would luck out with that draw in the first round?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 1st, 2012, 07:16 AM

This. Tell me how tough the Patriot league is again?

BisonBacker
November 1st, 2012, 07:25 AM
This. Tell me how tough the Patriot league is again?
Didn't you read his post it's a slobberknocker xlolx

ngineer
November 1st, 2012, 12:10 PM
The usual midwestern arrogance to which we've grown accustomed. As if football were invented west of the Mississippi. Colgate's game is much improved from early September. As if teams don't improve as the year goes on with changes in personnel, or people getting acclimated to new positions. Secondly, if you had any sense of football history you would realize that a great football game is created by two teams that will have a lot on the line besides being two old traditional rivals. The Lehigh/Colgate game will be alot more exciting to watch than some of the other exhibitions that are being offered up.

TheRevSFA
November 1st, 2012, 12:16 PM
The usual midwestern arrogance to which we've grown accustomed. As if football were invented west of the Mississippi. Colgate's game is much improved from early September. As if teams don't improve as the year goes on with changes in personnel, or people getting acclimated to new positions. Secondly, if you had any sense of football history you would realize that a great football game is created by two teams that will have a lot on the line besides being two old traditional rivals. The Lehigh/Colgate game will be alot more exciting to watch than some of the other exhibitions that are being offered up.

If the game wasnt nominated and seconded, it's not up for vote

Tough ****

NoDak 4 Ever
November 1st, 2012, 12:21 PM
If the game wasnt nominated and seconded, it's not up for vote

Tough ****

The usual southern arrogance to which we've grown accustomed. As if football were invented south of the Mason/Dixon line.

You and your southern arrogant rules.

TheRevSFA
November 1st, 2012, 01:01 PM
The usual southern arrogance to which we've grown accustomed. As if football were invented south of the Mason/Dixon line.

You and your southern arrogant rules.

You and your swing state complaining!

kalm
November 1st, 2012, 05:58 PM
EWU-Poly and MSU-Sac are both bigger than Wofford-Chatty.

Bisonator
November 1st, 2012, 07:53 PM
Bison vs Jacks. GO BISON!!!

MTfan4life
November 1st, 2012, 07:55 PM
EWU-Poly and MSU-Sac are both bigger than Wofford-Chatty.

This poll is for next weekend. That's why they aren't included.

Professor Chaos
November 1st, 2012, 08:02 PM
But USD hasn't improved since then right? They must've not had to worry about the 15 starters they were replacing at the beginning of the year and getting those new players acclimated... xrolleyesx

Teams only improve when it helps your argument I'm guessing. Maybe it's just that my midwestern arrogance doesn't allow me to understand.

LehighU11
November 1st, 2012, 08:23 PM
But USD hasn't improved since then right? Teams only improve when it helps your argument I'm guessing. Maybe it's just that my midwestern arrogance doesn't allow me to understand.

Well, it's kind of hard to say that a USD team that gave the Griz a scare in week 1, beat Colgate week 2, and lost a nailbiter against Illinois St in week 4 has improved when they proceeded to lose to then 0-6 Missouri St. and get blown out embarrassingly against NDSU and ISU-b.

Colgate, on the other hand, has gone 5-1 since that loss. They only lost to Stony Brook by 1 on the road, putting up 31 points: the exact same amount that Syracuse and Army (though terrible) scored combined against SBU. In their past four games, Colgate has scored at least 47 points in every game. They have a very weak defense, but their offense is outstanding.

We all know about the depth of the MVC, and how your middle tier teams could likely win championships in the Patriot League in any given year, but our top team(s) have shown that they can compete against just about anyone in FCS. Our champ took down the MVC and CAA champ the past two seasons. Despite losing to NDSU, our champ still fared better, or about the same, as the SoCon champ and FCS runner-up against the Bison. You can't just write off the PL as a complete joke b/c off one bad loss against USD.

ngineer
November 1st, 2012, 08:24 PM
USD may well have improved this year. Didn't say they haven't as I note they've had a few very close losses. However, in following Colgate's season it is quite obvious that they have established a monster running game for which they have traditionally been known for decades. Most people know full well that comparing scores from two months ago to current performance is a bad predictor. So many factors go into the outcome of a football game. You can only go on current performance, and in that Colgate has been very impressive on offense and any football fan would want to watch a game where that offense is going up against a potentially undefeated team all for a league title.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 1st, 2012, 09:26 PM
Bison vs Jacks. GO BISON!!!

Jacks vs. Bison. GO JACKS!!!!!!

In the words of Bart Scott, CAN'T WAIT!
http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/4d712c7c49e2aed0482a0000/bart-scott.jpg

TheRevSFA
November 2nd, 2012, 07:53 AM
USD may well have improved this year. Didn't say they haven't as I note they've had a few very close losses. However, in following Colgate's season it is quite obvious that they have established a monster running game for which they have traditionally been known for decades. Most people know full well that comparing scores from two months ago to current performance is a bad predictor. So many factors go into the outcome of a football game. You can only go on current performance, and in that Colgate has been very impressive on offense and any football fan would want to watch a game where that offense is going up against a potentially undefeated team all for a league title.

That's great and all, and I do get your point, however, the game wasn't seconded. It was nominated (surprisingly not by you seeing as how you are this upset about it)

Perhaps participation in these threads might actually be beneficial.

ngineer
November 2nd, 2012, 10:05 AM
I am not upset by it, just commenting as does everyone else in this place. I think I have participated in a few threads over the years, so I don't need a lecture or sermon on what my level of participation should be. Obviously, a PL game will never be voted in a place like this. I believe a lot of people have unjustified bias against the PL so I have learned to sometimes just ignore certain threads where any suggestion of inclusion is derided.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 2nd, 2012, 10:45 AM
I am not upset by it, just commenting as does everyone else in this place. I think I have participated in a few threads over the years, so I don't need a lecture or sermon on what my level of participation should be. Obviously, a PL game will never be voted in a place like this. I believe a lot of people have unjustified bias against the PL so I have learned to sometimes just ignore certain threads where any suggestion of inclusion is derided.

15,600+ posts... In the spirit of the topic, "I second this".

TheRevSFA
November 2nd, 2012, 10:47 AM

I personally have no problem with the PL, and had the game made it I probably would have voted for it.

However, here's a list of the people who voted for it, and the ones bolded are the ones that I know of who are not NDSU or SDSU alumni. There were people from all conferences who think this is the best game of the week. Two ranked teams going at it in a rivalry game? One of the teams ranked 1 and the JackRabbits having a chance to shake the polls up?

My point is, if you're going to throw a **** fit as you have for the past 4 pages of this thing, next time do something about it.

Or perhaps, you can start a thread to add to your 15k plus posts about the midwest bias vs the east coast bias and how EVERYONE is biased against the PL. It might get as many pages as an App State thread.

Appalachian, Bearkat-Backer, Bison Fan in NW MN, Bison05, Bisonator, BisonBabe, BisonBacker, bisonboone11, BisonFan02, Bisonforlife, BisonRoll, bobcathpdevil56, bonarae, darell1976, deez_na, EaglePower, ElCid, espete, Fear the Bird, Flunkee, frozennorth, Gil Dobie, GoAgs72, gotts, GSUhooligan, GSUsTALON, Hammerhead, HartleysHuddle, ITmonarch10, i_got_a_fever, Jacked_Rabbit, JMU2K_DukeDawg, Kemo, KUlawJack, LakesBison, LeeshaJo, MarkyMark, Milkman, mmiller_34, MR. CHICKEN, MTfan4life, NDSUstudent, NoDak 4 Ever, No_Skill, Professor Chaos, RabidRabbit, RockyMtnGriz, sgt smash, Skyhawk71, slostang, SpeedkingATL, TheRevSFA, Thunderstruck, tjamz, troianus, Trumpster, Twentysix, ursus arctos horribilis, Walkon79, westdakotabison, word

The Eagle's Cliff
November 2nd, 2012, 11:31 AM
All three games are worthy, but my vote goes to SDSU @ NDSU.

ngineer
November 2nd, 2012, 12:44 PM
I personally have no problem with the PL, and had the game made it I probably would have voted for it.

However, here's a list of the people who voted for it, and the ones bolded are the ones that I know of who are not NDSU or SDSU alumni. There were people from all conferences who think this is the best game of the week. Two ranked teams going at it in a rivalry game? One of the teams ranked 1 and the JackRabbits having a chance to shake the polls up?

My point is, if you're going to throw a **** fit as you have for the past 4 pages of this thing, next time do something about it.

Or perhaps, you can start a thread to add to your 15k plus posts about the midwest bias vs the east coast bias and how EVERYONE is biased against the PL. It might get as many pages as an App State thread.

Appalachian, Bearkat-Backer, Bison Fan in NW MN, Bison05, Bisonator, BisonBabe, BisonBacker, bisonboone11, BisonFan02, Bisonforlife, BisonRoll, bobcathpdevil56, bonarae, darell1976, deez_na, EaglePower, ElCid, espete, Fear the Bird, Flunkee, frozennorth, Gil Dobie, GoAgs72, gotts, GSUhooligan, GSUsTALON, Hammerhead, HartleysHuddle, ITmonarch10, i_got_a_fever, Jacked_Rabbit, JMU2K_DukeDawg, Kemo, KUlawJack, LakesBison, LeeshaJo, MarkyMark, Milkman, mmiller_34, MR. CHICKEN, MTfan4life, NDSUstudent, NoDak 4 Ever, No_Skill, Professor Chaos, RabidRabbit, RockyMtnGriz, sgt smash, Skyhawk71, slostang, SpeedkingATL, TheRevSFA, Thunderstruck, tjamz, troianus, Trumpster, Twentysix, ursus arctos horribilis, Walkon79, westdakotabison, word

What the heck are you talking about? Someone who makes a comment that isn't in lockstep with yours is throwing some kind of "fit" that needs profanity to descriibe it??? Take some prozac before you go off the deep end, man. Some people will have differing opinions and you have need to understand that. The games listed are all good games. I just think the Colgate/Lehigh game will be better and more entertaining. In fact, I think CBS is covering it so a lot of people should be able to catch it.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 2nd, 2012, 12:53 PM
What the heck are you talking about? Someone who makes a comment that isn't in lockstep with yours is throwing some kind of "fit" that needs profanity to descriibe it??? Take some prozac before you go off the deep end, man. Some people will have differing opinions and you have need to understand that. The games listed are all good games. I just think the Colgate/Lehigh game will be better and more entertaining. In fact, I think CBS is covering it so a lot of people should be able to catch it.

You might want to take a look at this thread. Had you seconded the original nomination, it would be included and all 5 people who want to see that game could have voted.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?121715-NOMINATIONS-GAME-OF-THE-WEEK-WEEK-11-%28NOV-10%29&highlight=NOMINATION

Go...gate
November 2nd, 2012, 05:12 PM
Hey, Dakotans, what's the issue with Colgate and Lehigh? We don't trash your schools.

BisonFan02
November 2nd, 2012, 05:32 PM
Hey, Dakotans, what's the issue with Colgate and Lehigh? We don't trash your schools.

Nothing. It's just not the game of the week.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 2nd, 2012, 06:17 PM

Nobody is "trashing" your schools. I'm sure they are great universities, and I'm sure the Colgate/Lehigh game will be a battle.

Our game was voted Game of the Week - in a landslide, for that matter - so we are merely standing up for it. I think the NDSU/SDSU game is a bigger game than Colgate/Lehigh, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

Lehigh'98
November 2nd, 2012, 06:48 PM
No need for the hostility. All the games are great ones and the whole bias thing can be settled on the field come playoff time. That's why u gotta love FCS ball. Go Jacks btw!!

Jacked_Rabbit
November 2nd, 2012, 07:04 PM
No need for the hostility. All the games are great ones and the whole bias thing can be settled on the field come playoff time. That's why u gotta love FCS ball. Go Jacks btw!!

I hear ya, brother! There is no bigger Lehigh fan from the MVFC than this guy.. We need you guys to take care of business and win that AQ, leaving one extra auto-bid open for my Rabbits in case we end up needing it... haha xbowx Go Hawks!

Go...gate
November 2nd, 2012, 08:28 PM
Nobody is "trashing" your schools. I'm sure they are great universities, and I'm sure the Colgate/Lehigh game will be a battle.

Our game was voted Game of the Week - in a landslide, for that matter - so we are merely standing up for it. I think the NDSU/SDSU game is a bigger game than Colgate/Lehigh, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

That's what makes horseraces. Hope your game is a great one. I hope ours is good, too, but we have to handle Lafayette first - no mean task without a defense.

ngineer
November 2nd, 2012, 09:19 PM
You might want to take a look at this thread. Had you seconded the original nomination, it would be included and all 5 people who want to see that game could have voted.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?121715-NOMINATIONS-GAME-OF-THE-WEEK-WEEK-11-%28NOV-10%29&highlight=NOMINATION

I utterly apologize for not reading the 'nominations' thread on October 29. As a few other 'minor' matters had my attention here on the east coast this week I didn't spend an inordinate amount of time on the Board. That still doesn't take away my right to post my opinion that "the game of the week" will be Colgate at Lehigh.

TheRevSFA
November 2nd, 2012, 10:12 PM
I utterly apologize for not reading the 'nominations' thread on October 29. As a few other 'minor' matters had my attention here on the east coast this week I didn't spend an inordinate amount of time on the Board. That still doesn't take away my right to post my opinion that "the game of the week" will be Colgate at Lehigh.

And it might be, but not on AGS