PDA

View Full Version : 7 win FCS teams for at large consideration

ITmonarch10
October 30th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Rank the best 7 FCS win schools for playoff consideration. Remember its who you think the committee will pick not who you would pick

Sam Houston (8-3 1 D2 win 2 FBS losses, and 1 loss to Central Ark)
Towson (7-4 2 FBS losses and 2 Currently top FCS losses)
Illinois State(7-4 FBS win Eastern Michigan 4 losses to conference mates)
Sacramento State (7-4 1 FBS loss 3 loss to conference mates)
Appalachian State (7-4 1 FBS loss 3 loss t o conference mates)

Didn't include the OVC because I think the second team from the conference will be 8-3 . Include any schools you think should be on the list

1. Sam Houston
+ Highly Ranked in the polling
+ Complete Domination of conference mates not names Central Ark
+ 1 FCS loss
+ Name Recognition (Made it far in last years FCS playoffs)
- No notable wins over FCS ranked opponents
- 1 Win is D2

2. Towson
+ Strong SoS (no Fake GSU or RI) with 2 good FBS opponents and losses to only to currently top 10 ODU and JMU
+ Strong Showing against LSU (Moral Victory don't mean **** in polls but might mean something in the committee )
+ Ranked in the polls
+ Mutiple wins over ranked opponents
- CAA didn't do to well last year in the playoffs and is weak in the GPI this year
- CAA might get 3/4 teams with 8-3 or better records does it really need another team in

3. Appalachian State (controversial )
+ Money, Money Money They will put more butts in the seat than anyone else by 3 folds and they are the committee chair this year
+ Socon only will have 2 teams in the playoffs without ASU even though they are the second strongest in GPI
+ Ranked in the polls even with a loss to GSU
+ Name Reconition (They dynasty hasn't been forgotten yet)
- No notable win of any sort
- 3 losses to conference mates (even if you replaced the FBS loss with a FCS cup cake win I wouldn't be that confident in making the playoffs)

4 Sacramento State
+ Strong SoS considering how many Big sky top dogs avoided each other this year (Losses only to ranked opponents)
+ Notable victory over Cal Poly
+ FBS Victory
- Lack of name recognition (They aren't named Montana or EWU)
- Not ranked in polls or GPI despite win over Cal Poly
- Big Sky will have 4 teams already in the playoffs
- 3 Losses to conference mates

5 Illinois State
+ Strong GPI, Strong GPI conference
+ Ranked in polls
+ Victory over a FBS school
- Lack of notable Victory
- 4 Conference losses (This is extremely damning | 4 conference losses doesn't exactly scream I deserve to be in the playoffs if you weren't even close to winning you conference)
- Lack of name recognition ( They aren't name YSU, UNI, or NDSU)

URMite
October 30th, 2012, 03:36 PM
You could add SIU. If they win out, they will be 7-4 with an FBS loss, and 4-3 against teams receiving votes in the polls.

citdog
October 30th, 2012, 03:45 PM
The Citadel Bulldogs if they make it to 7-4 wil lhave two wins over the top 10 and as we all know could have scheduled presby and easily got to 8-3 instead of playing nc state.

Go Apps
October 30th, 2012, 03:46 PM

Well redo the math

Sam Houston 7-1
Towson 7-2
Illinois State 7-4
Sacramento State 7-3
Appalachian State 7-3

All depends on the others in the conference - Sam Houston may win the AB so that would help things but they are in...
Towson may be a victim of too many from the CAA - limit 3 I guess so they are out
Sac State may have the same issue as too many from the Big Sky - assuming Mont St, Cal Poly, EWU, NAU all get in 5 is too many
Ill State has 4 FBS losses - that keeps them out
ASU - really needs the Citadel to lose first - but will be looked at if there is room

So Take
Sam Houston
ASU
Towson
Ill State
Sac State

ITmonarch10
October 30th, 2012, 03:53 PM
The Citadel Bulldogs if they make it to 7-4 wil lhave two wins over the top 10 and as we all know could have scheduled presby and easily got to 8-3 instead of playing nc state.

I forgot about El Cid. Honestly, they have more of an argument than ASU and possibly Towson to get in.

Houndawg
October 30th, 2012, 04:00 PM
You could add SIU. If they win out, they will be 7-4 with an FBS loss, and 4-3 against teams receiving votes in the polls.

If they beat SDSU they'd be 4-2 against Top 25 teams.

URMite
October 30th, 2012, 04:04 PM
If they beat SDSU they'd be 4-2 against Top 25 teams.

Sorry, I was counting EIU as a top team.

Bearkat-Backer
October 30th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Sam Houston may win the AB so that would help things but they are in...

Only way that happens is if NWST becomes the first team to beat UCA on the Stripes and that is a long shot to say the least.

URMite
October 30th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Of course, all of this playoff speculation has a lot of variables. Not just what does your team do the next three weeks but their opponents and their opponents opponents, can affect how your team is viewed. Not to mention who you are viewed against.

Kramden
October 30th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Towson, no doubt.

Rank the best 7 FCS win schools for playoff consideration. Remember its who you think the committee will pick not who you would pick

Didn't include the OVC because I think the second team from the conference will be 8-3 . Include any schools you think should be on the list

1. Sam Houston
+ Highly Ranked in the polling
+ Complete Domination of conference mates not names Central Ark
+ 1 FCS loss
+ Name Recognition (Made it far in last years FCS playoffs)
- No notable wins over FCS ranked opponents
- 1 Win is D2

2. Towson
+ Strong SoS (no Fake GSU or RI) with 2 good FBS opponents and losses to only to currently top 10 ODU and JMU
+ Strong Showing against LSU (Moral Victory don't mean **** in polls but might mean something in the committee )
+ Ranked in the polls
+ Mutiple wins over ranked opponents
- CAA didn't do to well last year in the playoffs and is weak in the GPI this year
- CAA might get 3/4 teams with 8-3 or better records does it really need another team in

3. Appalachian State (controversial )
+ Money, Money Money They will put more butts in the seat than anyone else by 3 folds and they are the committee chair this year
+ Socon only will have 2 teams in the playoffs without ASU even though they are the second strongest in GPI
+ Ranked in the polls even with a loss to GSU
+ Name Reconition (They dynasty hasn't been forgotten yet)
- No notable win of any sort
- 3 losses to conference mates (even if you replaced the FBS loss with a FCS cup cake win I wouldn't be that confident in making the playoffs)

4 Sacramento State
+ Strong SoS considering how many Big sky top dogs avoided each other this year (Losses only to ranked opponents)
+ Notable victory over Cal Poly
+ FBS Victory
- Lack of name recognition (They aren't named Montana or EWU)
- Not ranked in polls or GPI despite win over Cal Poly
- Big Sky will have 4 teams already in the playoffs
- 3 Losses to conference mates

5 Illinois State
+ Strong GPI, Strong GPI conference
+ Ranked in polls
+ Victory over a FBS school
- Lack of notable Victory
- 4 Conference losses (This is extremely damning | 4 conference losses doesn't exactly scream I deserve to be in the playoffs if you weren't even close to winning you conference)
- Lack of name recognition ( They aren't name YSU, UNI, or NDSU)[/QUOTE]

Houndawg
October 30th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Sorry, I was counting EIU as a top team.

I don't think they were when the game was played. It doesn't look like as bad of a loss now, and the YSU and ISU wins don't look as good

URMite
October 30th, 2012, 07:16 PM
I don't think they were when the game was played. It doesn't look like as bad of a loss now, and the YSU and ISU wins don't look as good

Of course, what really matters is how will each win and loss look in 3 weeks.