PDA

View Full Version : Player (s) you'd like to see on I-AA.org Magazine Cover?

Retro
May 31st, 2005, 09:56 PM
Since we're talking about the possible cover of the I-AA.org preview mag, why don't we have a random poll...

Besides a player from your own school, What player or players would you like to see on the cover of the I-AA.org football preview magazine this summer?

Try to list the name and school and choose just 2.. The cover probably won't include more than 2 different photos this year...

My Picks:

Ingle Martin - Furman
Erik Meyer - Eastern Washington

JMU Duke Dog
May 31st, 2005, 10:05 PM
Justin Rascati - JMU
Maurice Fenner - JMU

Tribe4SF
May 31st, 2005, 10:20 PM
Justin Rascati - JMU
Maurice Fenner - JMU

Jeez, Dog! :nonono2: He said other than from your own school!

So I'll give mine.

Justin Rascati-JMU
Maurice Fenner-JMU

Grizo406
May 31st, 2005, 10:36 PM
I'd pick Travis Lulay from Montana State, and Justin Rascati from JMU, followed by one of grizchik, pols, and me on page 2. That issue alone should sell a million copies.

eagle1
May 31st, 2005, 10:52 PM
I'll take a different approach and name one from each side of the ball.

William Freeman LB Furman
Lerron Moore RB Western Kentucky

It was hard not for me not to mention any Big Sky players and especially Erik Meyer or Eric Kimble from EWU but I tried to go outside of our conference. Some awesome Big Sky Conference players besides the two mentioned from EWU, would be Lex Hilliard (RB) Montana, Travis Lulay (QB) Montana State, Jason Murrietta (QB) Northern Airzona, Ryan Mole (RB) Sac State, Joey King (LB) Portland State, Brady Fosmark (DL) Weber State, Bruce Branch (LB) Northern Airzona, and David Beverly (DB) Idaho State. Who said the Big Sky wasn't known for defense. Go Eagles!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 31st, 2005, 11:03 PM
From Lehigh
Mark Borda

Other two-one east coast, one west coast
Justin Rascati
Erik Meyer

bonarae
June 1st, 2005, 12:32 AM
Harvard: Clifton Dawson

Other two - Rascati and Meyer. . .

umassfan
June 1st, 2005, 01:10 AM
I want to know why everyone is so high on JMUs qb. He aint that great. Their rushing game led them to a NC last year not him. His stats from last year arent even in the top 5 for A10 QBs. I dont even think his stats are better then 5 returning A10 qbs. Even a QB who I hate(Tim Day UMass) had better stats last year then him. JMU last year were lead by their running game and D. If I were to pick someone from JMU Id pick their Sophmore safety Tony LeZotte. He will be a thing of the future for the A10 and JMU but still the second best safety in the A10 behind Shannon James ;)

polsongrizz
June 1st, 2005, 01:18 AM
I'd pick Travis Lulay from Montana State, and Justin Rascati from JMU, followed by one of grizchik, pols, and me on page 2. That issue alone should sell a million copies.
Easily... :nod: :D ;)

JMU2004
June 1st, 2005, 01:20 AM
probably because he lead JMU to a title......as a sophmore.

Timmy Day? please.......he looked aweful against JMU

Shannon James is good

No one really gives a hoot about UMass right now, so its doubtful that a UMass player will grace the cover

umassfan
June 1st, 2005, 01:22 AM
probably because he lead JMU to a title......as a sophmore.

Timmy Day? please.......he looked aweful against JMU

Shannon James is good

No one really gives a hoot about UMass right now, so its doubtful that a UMass player will grace the cover

Now thats cockyness to bring be back to the board quite quick.

Oct 09, 2004 JMU @ UMass
Passing:
Tim Day 28-52-2-213
Justin Rascati 11-17-1-79

Rushing:
Justin Rascati 10 carries -11 yards
Tim Day 4 carries - 3 yards

Last time I checked id say Day had the better game that day. If you think he didnt look impressive vs JMU then how did Rascati look vs UMass? Even worse!

Eagle22
June 1st, 2005, 01:42 AM
Impartial observation here:

More yards passing don't necessarily equate to a QB having a better day. Looking over the drive charts, it appears that in addition to throwing 2 picks, the UMASS QB also lost a fumble ... something that doesn't show up in the QB stats.

If my team dropped a game by 21 points, while only scoring 7, I'd be very hard pressed to say my QB had a better game.

http://www.jmusports.com/Team/Stats/2/mass.htm#GAME.PLY

Plus, 40 of Day's yards came on one pass ...

28 of 52 = 54% not shabby
11 of 17 = 65% can't expect much more

umassfan
June 1st, 2005, 01:48 AM
My point is JMUs running game and defense made the difference last year. His QB stats point that out even more.

BlackSaturday
June 1st, 2005, 02:35 AM
Richie Williams

http://goasu.com/autoimage/pjAyOhd.jpg

saint0917
June 1st, 2005, 06:06 AM
Put some of the Pre-season All-Americans on the Cover, this way it will cover more than one school.

colgate13
June 1st, 2005, 07:52 AM
From the PL:

Mark Borda, QB Lehigh
Sean Conover, DE, Bucknell

HensRock
June 1st, 2005, 08:23 AM
Besides a player from your own school, What player or players would you like to see on the cover of the I-AA.org football preview magazine this summer?

Receiving an F in the "Follows instructions" category, each of these posters has gone above and beyond the call in their quest for the coveted AGS "HOMER" Award. The nominees are:

Richie Williams

Shannon James

Harvard: Clifton Dawson

From Lehigh
Mark Borda

Justin Rascati - JMU
Maurice Fenner - JMU

The envelope please.....

...and the winnner is ...

JMU Duke Dog, who took exactly 0 posts and 9 minutes to compile a response which promoted not 1, but 2 "Homer" picks.

Congratulations!

jimbo65
June 1st, 2005, 08:26 AM
I nominate the leads from Desperate Housewives". These gals play around.

vegas
June 1st, 2005, 12:35 PM
Since we're talking about the possible cover of the I-AA.org preview mag, why don't we have a random poll...

Try to list the name and school and choose just 2.. The cover probably won't include more than 2 different photos this year...

My Picks:

Ingle Martin - Furman
Erik Meyer - Eastern Washington

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE CURRENT UMASS RECIEVER D. STEWART/- WILL GRADUATE IN DEC

blueballs
June 1st, 2005, 12:56 PM
My point is JMUs running game and defense made the difference last year. His QB stats point that out even more.

Ruscatti made the big plays in the clutch situations in the playoffs, which far and away trump any stats anybody else put up since the ultimate goal is winning the ring and to the winner goes the spoils.

For my money a montage of Ruscatti, Meyer, Martin would be in order.

DTSpider
June 1st, 2005, 12:57 PM
I don't want it to be anyone who is a 1A transfer. It only further emphasizes the misconception of 1AA being a huge drop-off from 1A. People see a 1A transfer like Rascati who couldn't play at Louisville and if he's your "star" of 1AA than people think that anyone at the 1A level could be a stud at 1AA, which I don't think is true. Please put a recruited 1AA player on the cover. There are plenty of great players out there to choose from.

That being said my pick would be Bruce Eugene.

VictorG
June 1st, 2005, 01:35 PM

Only if they make the paper softer for the bottom of page 2. Put grizchik on the top part and the rest on the bottom, below the perforated line. Then it would have another purpose!

BlackSaturday
June 1st, 2005, 01:39 PM
From another school....

Offense
Jermaine Austin

http://sports.sportscrew.com/images/football/college/1aa/payton_2003/Austin2.jpg

Defense

I couldnt find a good picture of him, but returning All-American Brady Fosmark
from Weber State

UMgrizzlies
June 1st, 2005, 01:53 PM
Two players Id have to say would be

Don Santos-UNH
Justin Rascati-JMU

Hansel
June 1st, 2005, 02:36 PM
I don't want it to be anyone who is a 1A transfer. It only further emphasizes the misconception of 1AA being a huge drop-off from 1A. People see a 1A transfer like Rascati who couldn't play at Louisville and if he's your "star" of 1AA than people think that anyone at the 1A level could be a stud at 1AA, which I don't think is true. Please put a recruited 1AA player on the cover. There are plenty of great players out there to choose from.

Bruce was part of last year's cover. I wouldn't mind seeing a "montage" of players from all-over, one from the South, NE, MW, and West.

Chi Panther
June 1st, 2005, 03:36 PM
Don't put I-A transfers on the cover......

charliej
June 1st, 2005, 05:38 PM
Two players Id have to say would be

Don Santos-UNH
Justin Rascati-JMU

I think you mean Ricky Santos(unless you are giving him the title of Godfather) ;) I would agree,he 's one to consider.

Two I can think of that left an impression on me last year.

Haugabrook-UD
Banks-JMU (short season last year due to injury,but he ran harder than anybody else I saw all year...AND in knee deep water too!)

WMTribe90
June 1st, 2005, 05:49 PM

Well put Spider. This is a pet peeve of mine too. Listening to the ESPN2 announcers during the NC game you'd have thought Rascati was playing Ochs one-on-one for the NC. All they could talk about their former IA status, while ignoring other great players on both teams. They didn't even mention the Walter Payton Award or Lang Campbell once. Nothing against Rascati, but I'd rahter not see that myth propetuated either.

charliej
June 1st, 2005, 05:57 PM
He's matriculated.

Oh no! Hope that's nothing like emasculated :eek:

laparka316
June 2nd, 2005, 02:13 PM
I will be a homer and say Scott Phaydavong, because I know I'll be the only one who mentions him, but I guess he would be out with whoever said "don't put D-1 transfers on the cover."

Ivytalk
June 2nd, 2005, 03:54 PM
Jermaine Austin
Justin Rascati

catbob
June 6th, 2005, 10:30 AM
I may be biased here, but I feel it should be someone who isn't a IA dropdown and who is probably a senior, or has had a good year or two and had great things expected from him.

That being said:

Erik Meyer
Jermaine Austin
Travis Lulay

I tend to be offensively biased, I'm an offensive mind. ;)