PDA

View Full Version : Super Storm Sandy

Bison56
October 30th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Just wanted to let any of you in the path of the storm know that you are in my prayers. Stay safe.

GATA_OneMoreTime
October 30th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Just wanted to let any of you in the path of the storm know that you are in my prayers. Stay safe.

+1 same from us down here in Georgia.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 30th, 2012, 09:39 AM
It is literally the weirdest thing I have ever seen. Constant rain, super high winds and snow.

TheRevSFA
October 30th, 2012, 09:53 AM
They should call them "Cantores" instead, since Jim Cantore from the Weather Channel will be in the middle of them regardless.

RichH2
October 30th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Here in NYC. Thanks for your thoughts. Right here minor dmg. For most of NYC incredible havoc. Most tristate w/o power. Thankfully not much loss of life. Everything else will be fixed.
Major changes need to made to adapt area to this new climate cycle.

caribbeanhen
October 30th, 2012, 09:59 AM
warm balmy tropical day, tradwinds blowin in from the east, seas are aqua green, tropical sun beating down.... just another ho-hum day

TheRevSFA
October 30th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Here in NYC. Thanks for your thoughts. Right here minor dmg. For most of NYC incredible havoc. Most tristate w/o power. Thankfully not much loss of life. Everything else will be fixed.
Major changes need to made to adapt area to this new climate cycle.

Think about how much coverage this storm got, and the amount of damage from it.

Now multiply the damage by about 5, and divide the coverage by about 1/4 and you have Hurricane Ike.

I'm glad you aren't hurt and I hope everyone in the NE is able to rebuild and go on without issue.

IBleedYellow
October 30th, 2012, 10:45 AM
I've been trying to figure you out. I couldn't tell if you are dumb, a sociopath, or evil.

Now I realize you're just an asshole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JoKJsjtLxw

JMUNJ08
October 30th, 2012, 11:42 AM
View of NYC here in NJ cliffs with tree And pool fence damage only. Feel very lucky with the wild winds last night and widespread power outages elsewhere. Family in western north jersey lost about 15 trees and damage to their pool.

JMUNJ08
October 30th, 2012, 11:48 AM

Few photos of some flooding early yesterday and our fence around the complexes pool overlooking the city

RichH2
October 30th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Eagle Cliff. I find your posts to be reprehensible. Unlike you, most human beings with any empathy would not wish ill upon people for some warped political agenda. You s/b ashamed.

McNeese75
October 30th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Eagle Cliff. I find your posts to be reprehensible. Unlike you, most human beings with any empathy would not wish ill upon people for some warped political agenda. You s/b ashamed.

Give us a break :rolleyes:

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

BisonBacker
October 30th, 2012, 01:36 PM
It is literally the weirdest thing I have ever seen. Constant rain, super high winds and snow.
You obviously haven't looked in the mirror lately ;)

RichH2
October 31st, 2012, 09:32 AM
Been busy helping our neighbors. I realise that for you our problems are amusing. Not so much for my family.
You really are a waste of skin.

ElCid
October 31st, 2012, 09:42 AM
View of NYC here in NJ cliffs with tree And pool fence damage only. Feel very lucky with the wild winds last night and widespread power outages elsewhere. Family in western north jersey lost about 15 trees and damage to their pool.

What town? That was my old stomping ground.

My Bro is on the Jersey shore just above Atlantic City and luckily had no damage, a few twigs came down. NYC must be a mess, but having seen many storms, including Hugo, it will be cleaned up soon enough.

Best wishes to all affected.

Dane96
October 31st, 2012, 09:44 AM
Rich...first, hopefully you and your family are as ok as can be. I know my childhood neighborhood is basically wrecked...so I can empathize.

Second, don't worry about Cliff. His comments are just silly and wreak of still being pissed off that Sherman used the embers of the South, particularly Atlanta, to light his cigars.

RichH2
October 31st, 2012, 10:40 AM
Thanks Dane. Many of our family live in the Rockaways. Not much left. Thankfully no one hurt.

JMUNJ08
October 31st, 2012, 10:59 AM
What town? That was my old stomping ground.

My Bro is on the Jersey shore just above Atlantic City and luckily had no damage, a few twigs came down. NYC must be a mess, but having seen many storms, including Hugo, it will be cleaned up soon enough.

Best wishes to all affected.

Blairstown off of 80. They are still without power and sent me these pictures

ElCid
October 31st, 2012, 11:10 AM

Blairstown off of 80. They are still without power and sent me these pictures

Oh wow that is serious damage to the trees. Ground must have saturated. I grew up a few miles from Blairstown in Stillwater township on Swartswood Lake. Pretty country.

Dane96
October 31st, 2012, 11:56 AM
Thanks Dane. Many of our family live in the Rockaways. Not much left. Thankfully no one hurt.

I know it well...my childhood home (until my mid-20's) is on the other side of Far Rock/Breezy...Sheepshead Bay. I am sure historic Ford Tilden is TRASHED...and look at this link. Coney Island was completely under water by Astroland, Steeplechase, etc.

http://www.businessinsider.com/coney-island-underwater-photo-2012-10?0=b

RabidRabbit
October 31st, 2012, 12:36 PM
xflaggedx Please keep the poster bashing on this sensitive subject down please.

Having lived thru the eye of a hurricane (Wilma), and being in the disaster response cadre, while the damage wrecked is devastating, it will lead to wiser rebuilt infrastructure.

Again, if you live near a coastline, BUY FLOOD INSURANCE, even if it isn't mandated by your lender. There will be many people & small biz wiped out because of this failure to protect themselves.

My thoughts and concerns to the victims. FEMA, and the rest of the federal agencies, will again be there for both the immediate response, as well as the recovery phase.

boogereagle
October 31st, 2012, 02:49 PM
Rich...first, hopefully you and your family are as ok as can be. I know my childhood neighborhood is basically wrecked...so I can empathize.

Second, don't worry about Cliff. His comments are just silly and wreak of still being pissed off that Sherman used the embers of the South, particularly Atlanta, to light his cigars.

Hell, I'm still pissed about Sherman -- except for Atlanta, that's 90 percent transplant now anyway -- but that's no excuse for the Cliff post. It was pisspoor judgement at best and I'll just leave it at that.

My prayers out for all those impacted by this storm. That's a hell of a mess up there and one more reminder that Georgia has been lucky.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 31st, 2012, 04:42 PM
A few of the in poor taste posts were moved to more appropriate ground. Keep your political BS off the FCS board.

This isn't FCS Discussion you say? Tough, it's here and it's staying here so people not logged in can see it.

Seawolf97
October 31st, 2012, 09:23 PM
Just got my power back tonight which is incredible considering the damage out here on the South Shore of Suffolk County. Most of the southern end of my town faces Great South Bay and over 400 homes are destroyed due to flooding. Four of them burned to the ground Monday night because the fire department could not get down the streets due to water and debris (trees) blocking everything. Now the NY National Guard is patrolling down there for looters. Many homes had canals behind them and looters were coming in by boat at night cleaning out empty houses. Now I have seen at least two Black Hawks fly over and humvess are patrolling the streets 24 x7. The local PD has also beefed up patrols with ESU units.

TheRevSFA
October 31st, 2012, 09:24 PM
xflaggedx Please keep the poster bashing on this sensitive subject down please.

Having lived thru the eye of a hurricane (Wilma), and being in the disaster response cadre, while the damage wrecked is devastating, it will lead to wiser rebuilt infrastructure.

Again, if you live near a coastline, BUY FLOOD INSURANCE, even if it isn't mandated by your lender. There will be many people & small biz wiped out because of this failure to protect themselves.

My thoughts and concerns to the victims. FEMA, and the rest of the federal agencies, will again be there for both the immediate response, as well as the recovery phase.

Ike for me. Scariest **** I've ever been through, but luckily I only had 3 feet of water in my yard. My house is 5 feet off of the ground and the street I'm on is 10 feet above sea level.

It was amazing how quiet Galveston was after. Just the sounds of hammers. The military gave out MREs and papa johns set up a truck.

I was lucky. My house has survived every storm since it was built (including the 1900 storm) and Ike cost me all of my trees, part of my roof, and did in my front porch (rebuilt it so its two stories)

My thoughts are with everyone up there dealing with this. I feel it too, looking at the photos