PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Power Rankings: Week 9

mmiller_34
October 29th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Power Rankings are up for the week: HERE (http://mvfcfan.blogspot.com/2012/10/millers-power-rankings-week-9.html)

#1 North Dakota State
#2 Indiana State
#3 South Dakota State
#4 Illinois State
#5 Southern Illinois
#6 Youngstown State
#7 Northern Iowa
#8 Missouri State
#9 Western Illinois
#10 South Dakota

Professor Chaos
October 29th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Well, this thread will certainly be more boring without you-know-who ;)

skinny_uncle
October 29th, 2012, 09:29 PM
I guess it makes me a homer since I think that SIU should be ahead of an Ill State team that they beat.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h13/skinny_uncle/homer-01.gif

Thumper 76
October 29th, 2012, 10:10 PM
I guess it makes me a homer since I think that SIU should be ahead of an Ill State team that they beat.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h13/skinny_uncle/homer-01.gif
SDSU is also behind an Ind St team they beat

Twentysix
October 29th, 2012, 10:15 PM

Voldemort?

Sycamore51
October 30th, 2012, 06:18 AM
SDSU is also behind an Ind St team they beat

And we're ahead of the team that beat us and behind a team that we beat. With the league being so tight you could make a case for about 30 different placements. I will say that SDSU played us on about the worst game that I've seen us play in 3 years and we played NDSU on what has to be about their worst game in 3 years. I think I can honestly say that there are about 5-6 teams that would have beaten us on that day and there are about 3-4 teams that would have beaten NDSU on that day. You were just lucky enough to be the ones in Terre Haute that day and we were lucky enough to be in Fargo that day. I'm not sure those wins say anyting other than we were terrible that day and NDSU was terrible that day.

mmiller_34
October 30th, 2012, 09:45 AM

Haha, they love computer-based rankings.

UNIFanSince1983
October 30th, 2012, 10:01 AM
I honestly think this looks good to this point. Your formula seems to be working itself out despite what one person thinks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

IBleedYellow
October 30th, 2012, 10:06 AM
And we're ahead of the team that beat us and behind a team that we beat. With the league being so tight you could make a case for about 30 different placements. I will say that SDSU played us on about the worst game that I've seen us play in 3 years and we played NDSU on what has to be about their worst game in 3 years. I think I can honestly say that there are about 5-6 teams that would have beaten us on that day and there are about 3-4 teams that would have beaten NDSU on that day. You were just lucky enough to be the ones in Terre Haute that day and we were lucky enough to be in Fargo that day. I'm not sure those wins say anyting other than we were terrible that day and NDSU was terrible that day.

This. Sycamore nailed it on the head with this post. That's also why you need to play every game every week.