PDA

View Full Version : What would be the predictions for the top 5 seeds?

GSU Eagle
October 29th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I would be interested in other opinions:

Right now I would have it
1. North Dakota St.
2. Georgia Southern
3. Montana St.
4. Old Dominion
5. Wofford

kalm
October 29th, 2012, 01:01 PM
NDSU
ODU
GSU
EWU
Indiana State

TheRevSFA
October 29th, 2012, 01:03 PM
NDSU
Georgia Southern
Monty State
ODU
Wofford

Mr. Pink
October 29th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I don't even care, as long as GSU and NDSU are not on the same side of the bracket unless GSU is a higher seed... The idea of a trip to Fargo keeps me up at night. I would, however, welcome the Bison into Paulson with open arms.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2012, 01:05 PM
NDSU
GSU
EWU
ODU
SBU or Lehigh, I'll take SBU...

Professor Chaos
October 29th, 2012, 01:06 PM
1) NDSU
2) Georgia Southern
3) Montana St
4) Eastern Washington
5) Sam Houston St

dbackjon
October 29th, 2012, 01:07 PM
NDSU
GSU
NAU
EWU
ODU

Sammy94
October 29th, 2012, 01:08 PM
1. NDSU
2. GSU
3. MSU
4. ODU
5. SHSU

walliver
October 29th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I would be interested in other opinions:

Right now I would have it
1. North Dakota St.
2. Georgia Southern
3. Montana St.
4. Old Dominion
5. Wofford

Wofford doesn't draw well, and probably wouldn't get a seed unless we beat South Carolina :(

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 29th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Still not confident GSU will get the #2 seed even if we manage to beat App. If Indiana State wins out how do you justify seeding NDSU higher than them? And any 10-1 Big Sky team will probably get seeded higher than us as well.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Wofford doesn't draw well, and probably wouldn't get a seed unless we beat South Carolina :(

Seeds aren't based on attendance....

md64179
October 29th, 2012, 01:15 PM
1. GSU
2. NDSU
3. Montana St.
4. Wofford
5. ODU

But with 3 weeks left, this could all change

WileECoyote06
October 29th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Based on now:
1. GSU
2. NDSU
3. Montana State
4. ODU
5. Wofford

I predict that it will be:

1. NDSU
2. GSU
3. Montana State
4. ODU
5. Lehigh

bisonboone11
October 29th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Still not confident GSU will get the #2 seed even if we manage to beat App. If Indiana State wins out how do you justify seeding NDSU higher than them? And any 10-1 Big Sky team will probably get seeded higher than us as well.
A better record?

gsu2583
October 29th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I don't even care, as long as GSU and NDSU are not on the same side of the bracket unless GSU is a higher seed... The idea of a trip to Fargo keeps me up at night. I would, however, welcome the Bison into Paulson with open arms.

This

frozennorth
October 29th, 2012, 03:03 PM
1 NDSU
2 ODU
3 CP
4 GSU
5 Stony Brook

if cal poly beats NAU and EWU back to back, they have a very solid shot at a #1 or #2 seed. I don't think a 9-2 GSU team would have a shot over 10-1 odu or 10-1 cal poly, perhaps NAU at 10-1 and 10-1 MSU as well, should that be the way things work out. Truly the GSU nightmare scenario.

gsu2583
October 29th, 2012, 03:10 PM
1 NDSU
2 ODU
3 CP
4 GSU
5 Stony Brook

if cal poly beats NAU and EWU back to back, they have a very solid shot at a #1 or #2 seed. I don't think a 9-2 GSU team would have a shot over 10-1 odu or 10-1 cal poly, perhaps NAU at 10-1 and 10-1 MSU as well, should that be the way things work out. Truly the GSU nightmare scenario.

So getting beat by UGA hurts us that much? I hope not.

frozennorth
October 29th, 2012, 03:17 PM
So getting beat by UGA hurts us that much? I hope not.

they will look at it as 10-1 vs 9-1. I will lean toward the teams with the extra win.

THE HERD
October 29th, 2012, 03:33 PM
This

Awwww cmon guys.....Fargo in December is a dream vacation, Plus we loved having ya last year!xintx

MarkyMark
October 29th, 2012, 03:51 PM

Indiana State should be rated higher but they can finish with no higher than 8 D1 wins because one of their wins is agains DII Quincy.

If NDSU wins the rest of the way we end up 10 and 1 and most likely the #1 seed unless GSU pulls the upset against Georgia.

MarkyMark
October 29th, 2012, 03:59 PM
I think Mt. State will be upset by either Sac. State this weekend or at UM for their final game.
MY final 5 and their final records:
1. NDSU 10-1
2. ODU 10-1
3. GSU 9-2
4. EWU 9-2
5. Lehigh 11-0

gasoutherneagle
October 29th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Southern wins out and looks respectable against the Bullsh--...I mean...dawgs. I'd say the Eagles will be in that #1 spot.

gasoutherneagle
October 29th, 2012, 04:08 PM
I think Mt. State will be upset by either Sac. State this weekend or at UM for their final game.
MY final 5 and their final records:
1. NDSU 10-1
2. ODU 10-1
3. GSU 9-2
4. EWU 9-2
5. Lehigh 11-0

That 2 in the loss column is misleading for Southern. Being that one of those will come against a FBS top 5 team... just like last season against Bama. It won't count towards the seeding.

SpiritCymbal
October 29th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Guess I'm the only GSU fan that not only wouldn't mind another crack at NDSU in Fargo, but is actually rooting for it. Not scared of anyone! Cautiously optimistic! But not scared! hahaha...

Besides, being completely 100% selfish, it's a hell of a lot cheaper flying to Fargo than Savannah for me. hahahaha....

Bison06
October 29th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Guess I'm the only GSU fan that not only wouldn't mind another crack at NDSU in Fargo, but is actually rooting for it. Not scared of anyone! Cautiously optimistic! But not scared! hahaha...

Besides, being completely 100% selfish, it's a hell of a lot cheaper flying to Fargo than Savannah for me. hahahaha....

I think what scares most GSU fans about NDSU, or at least it should, is the fact that NDSU seemed to have the TO "figured out". It wasn't that NDSU just beat GSU man on man, they did that too btw, what is more concerning is that NDSU's defensive scheme all but shut down the TO. I would be very concerned about having to line up against that defense again this year. Especially since most consider this year's defense to be better than last year's.

GSU's only saving grace may be that Colten Heagle won't be playing in this year's playoffs.

SpiritCymbal
October 29th, 2012, 04:31 PM
I think what scares most GSU fans about NDSU, or at least it should, is the fact that NDSU seemed to have the TO "figured out". It wasn't that NDSU just beat GSU man on man, they did that too btw, what is more concerning is that NDSU's defensive scheme all but shut down the TO. I would be very concerned about having to line up against that defense again this year. Especially since most consider this year's defense to be better than last year's.

GSU's only saving grace may be that Colten Heagle won't be playing in this year's playoffs.

I would counter that by saying that GSU's offense isn't the same as last year (won't say better/worse). Scheming for this year's GSU will definitely need to be different than last year. Not saying that NDSU couldn't do it, just saying that basing a W in 2012 b/c of the teams matchup in 2011 would be a mistake.

EDIT: Also, neither of these arguments change based on the location of the game. NDSU beat GSU last year b/c of the reasons you mentioned...not because the game was played in Fargo.

gsu2583
October 29th, 2012, 04:40 PM

Someone else previously said it, and I agree, that one of our limiting factors last year was that Jaybo was not a super-legitimate running threat, creating more of 2.5 option offense. We have TWO QBs now that are like greased lightning, and make it tougher to defend against. Not impossible to stop, but tougher.

bisonboone11
October 29th, 2012, 04:44 PM
That 2 in the loss column is misleading for Southern. Being that one of those will come against a FBS top 5 team... just like last season against Bama. It won't count towards the seeding.
I know most people say that a loss against a top FBS team doesn't hurt you, but I would think having one less W in the win column would hurt.

Bison06
October 29th, 2012, 04:46 PM
I would counter that by saying that GSU's offense isn't the same as last year (won't say better/worse). Scheming for this year's GSU will definitely need to be different than last year. Not saying that NDSU couldn't do it, just saying that basing a W in 2012 b/c of the teams matchup in 2011 would be a mistake.

EDIT: Also, neither of these arguments change based on the location of the game. NDSU beat GSU last year b/c of the reasons you mentioned...not because the game was played in Fargo.

Someone else previously said it, and I agree, that one of our limiting factors last year was that Jaybo was not a super-legitimate running threat, creating more of 2.5 option offense. We have TWO QBs now that are like greased lightning, and make it tougher to defend against. Not impossible to stop, but tougher.

As a fan of the game I would be very interested to see that matchup. I agree that with a quicker QB who makes decisions much more quickly the TO becomes exponentially more difficult to defend.

Obviously GSU runs it much better than most, but it seems NDSU has never had much trouble with this offense. Take from this comment what you will, but I believe it is because of the nature of the kids we recruit. They tend to be very disciplined and able to buy into the coaching scheme more than they are interested in "making the play". The TO is very difficult to execute against a defense that makes very few mistakes and I think last year's game was a product of that. I would love to see GSU in the dome again this year, not becuase I am so confident we would win, but because they have a long history and tradition of winning. I also believe our fanbases are very, very similar which makes for fun back and forth.

gasoutherneagle
October 29th, 2012, 04:51 PM
OH GOOD GOD!

Are ya'll done with your little circle-jerk yet?

GEEZ!

Bison06
October 29th, 2012, 04:52 PM
OH GOOD GOD!

Are ya'll done with your little circle-jerk yet?

GEEZ!

What circle jerk would that be? Don't be mad cause you weren't invited.

Reign of Terrier
October 29th, 2012, 04:59 PM
The only way I can see Wofford getting a seed is with help and with a decent showing against SC, probably entailing a loss by less than 2 scores.

NDB
October 29th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Seeds aren't based on attendance....

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

GSU Eagle
October 29th, 2012, 06:27 PM
What the committee has to understand is that GSU is not just playing a FCS team in 3 weeks but in all likelihood we are playing a top 5 or at least top 10 FCS team. If losing to Alabama last year or if we lose to Georgia this year and that hurts our seed then that is pretty ridiculous. EVERY FCS TEAM IS NOT THE SAME.

MarkyMark
October 29th, 2012, 06:51 PM
What the committee has to understand is that GSU is not just playing a FCS team in 3 weeks but in all likelihood we are playing a top 5 or at least top 10 FCS team. If losing to Alabama last year or if we lose to Georgia this year and that hurts our seed then that is pretty ridiculous. EVERY FCS TEAM IS NOT THE SAME.

At the end of the season GSU will have 9 Div. 1 wins (if you lose to GA) compared to NDSU at 10 Division 1 wins (if NDSU wins out). I admire GSU for playing top FBS talent but GSU ends up with 1 less D1 win when it comes to comparing the credentials for the top seed. The timing of your loss at the end of your season also hurts your argument for the top 1 or 2 spots.

gasoutherneagle
October 29th, 2012, 07:02 PM
What circle jerk would that be? Don't be mad cause you weren't invited.

Don't worry, Rita. I wasn't. xthumbsupx

Thundar
October 29th, 2012, 07:21 PM
At the end of the season GSU will have 9 Div. 1 wins (if you lose to GA) compared to NDSU at 10 Division 1 wins (if NDSU wins out). I admire GSU for playing top FBS talent but GSU ends up with 1 less D1 win when it comes to comparing the credentials for the top seed. The timing of your loss at the end of your season also hurts your argument for the top 1 or 2 spots.

I don't think timing of the FBS games means anything, a loss in week 1 to a top FBS team will hurt/not hurt anymore or less in the final weeks IMO

Think it was app st that proved this a couple years ago after getting pumped and got the 1 seed a coupe days later?

Ga Southern Eagles
October 29th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Personally i want to play ndst

MTBison
October 29th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Personally i want to play ndst

Let us meet in Frisco!!

gsu2583
October 29th, 2012, 08:50 PM
I'm good with that!

Eaglegus2
October 29th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Let us meet in Frisco!!

This is what I agree with the most.

NDB
October 29th, 2012, 09:11 PM
1. Sunflower seed (NDSU)
2. Hay seed (GSU)
3. Apple seed (EWU)
4. Cotton seed (SHSU)

Samalum'10
October 29th, 2012, 09:15 PM
5. Peach seed (Lehigh)

NDB
October 29th, 2012, 09:34 PM
More like bird seed.

Cocky
October 29th, 2012, 09:51 PM
NDSU
Sam Houston
Mont St
ODU
EWU

PAllen
October 29th, 2012, 10:34 PM
1 - Stony Brook
2 - Lehigh
3 - NDSU
4 - ODU
5 - GSU

You could easily shuffle 1-3 (although Lehigh won't make 1 unless a lot of teams lose). Yes the GA game will hurt GSU, but only a little. The Army game will help SBU. As for Lehigh, schedule, schedule, blah blah blah, same thing we heard about SHSU last year, Colgate a few before, and others.

gotts
October 29th, 2012, 11:09 PM
1 - Stony Brook
2 - Lehigh
3 - NDSU
4 - ODU
5 - GSU

You could easily shuffle 1-3 (although Lehigh won't make 1 unless a lot of teams lose). Yes the GA game will hurt GSU, but only a little. The Army game will help SBU. As for Lehigh, schedule, schedule, blah blah blah, same thing we heard about SHSU last year, Colgate a few before, and others.

Good to see you again!

http://dailypicksandflicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/this-guy...i-love-this-guy-drunk-baby-meme.jpg

frozennorth
October 30th, 2012, 12:26 AM
1 - Stony Brook
2 - Lehigh
3 - NDSU
4 - ODU
5 - GSU

shsu played better teams, and thrashed most of them. Lehigh has been busy playing patty-cake.

seantaylor
October 30th, 2012, 01:20 AM
1 - Stony Brook
2 - Lehigh
3 - NDSU
4 - ODU
5 - GSU

Zero chance GSU is as low as the 5 seed if we win this weekend.

frozennorth
October 30th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Zero chance GSU is as low as the 5 seed if we win this weekend.

i don't think it would be unreasonable for 10-1 NDSU, ODU, MSU, and POLY/NAU to get the 1-4 seeds should everyone win out.

kalm
October 30th, 2012, 07:06 AM
1 - Stony Brook
2 - Lehigh
3 - NDSU
4 - ODU
5 - GSU

Stony Brook and Lehigh get seeded over 2 potentially 10-1 and 2 other potentially 9-2 BSC teams? Wow.

PAllen
October 30th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Stony Brook and Lehigh get seeded over 2 potentially 10-1 and 2 other potentially 9-2 BSC teams? Wow.

I'm guessing the BSC beats up on itself over the next few weeks. If one of the top teams wins out, then I agree, it's a different story.

gasoutherneagle
October 30th, 2012, 05:44 PM
i don't think it would be unreasonable for 10-1 NDSU, ODU, MSU, and POLY/NAU to get the 1-4 seeds should everyone win out.

I do.

Because, Southern is a proven playoff juggernaut. Yeah, last year's record counts for little in seeding. But, a history of arse-stompin' in the playoffs will. No matter what the guide book tells you. Southern wins out (minus UGA)... 2 seed AT WORST. Write that down.xcoffeex

ITmonarch10
October 30th, 2012, 05:59 PM
I do.

Because, Southern is a proven playoff juggernaut. Yeah, last year's record counts for little in seeding. But, a history of arse-stompin' in the playoffs will. No matter what the guide book tells you. Southern wins out (minus UGA)... 2 seed AT WORST. Write that down.xcoffeex

What ASU has no say in the matter. I'm kinda hoping they knock you off so Wofford, ASU, and GSU cam come visit ODU in Virginia.

gasoutherneagle
October 30th, 2012, 06:32 PM
What ASU has no say in the matter. I'm kinda hoping they knock you off so Wofford, ASU, and GSU cam come visit ODU in Virginia.

As much as I hate to say this, because I really REALLY respect what y'all have done at OD... If anyone is gonna get the shaft on the playoff home games, it'll be the FBS jumper. If we meet... I'd say Statesboro again.

BisonBabe
October 30th, 2012, 06:46 PM
1 - Stony Brook
2 - Lehigh
3 - NDSU
4 - ODU
5 - GSU

http://youtu.be/F15thKUEECQ