18. Tennessee State Tigers 8-1 1098 21
19. Towson Tigers 4-4 843 23
20. Albany Great Danes 7-1 834 24
21. South Dakota State Jackrabbits 6-2 734 NR
22. Richmond Spiders 5-3 579 25
23. Delaware Blue Hens 5-3 453 20
23. Villanova Wildcats 6-3 453 19
25. Eastern Kentucky Colonels 6-3 376 18

Others receiving votes: Sacramento State 367, UT Martin 274, Harvard 231, Eastern Illinois 188, Bethune-Cookman 155, McNeese State 73, Southern Illinois 66, Youngstown State 60, Jacksonville State 31, The Citadel 30, Southern Utah 29, Samford 22, Arkansas-Pine Bluff 21, Alabama A&M 16, Chattanooga 14, Northern Iowa 12, Colgate 7, Fordham 6, Stephen F. Austin 4, Drake 3, Delaware State 3, North Carolina Central 2

JMUNJ08
October 29th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Only TSN would have more 1st place votes for 2nd ranked team....

Twentysix
October 29th, 2012, 11:46 AM

In every ballot where Georgia southern wasn't #1 they were #21. Makes total sense! :p

FargoBison
October 29th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Lehigh 4 first place votes LOL.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Lehigh 4 first place votes LOL.

Just as many as SBU....

Twentysix
October 29th, 2012, 12:17 PM
I see 21 ballots should have just been thrown in the garbage.

Northern Arizona Lumberjacks (2)
Lehigh Mountain Hawks (4)
Stony Brook Seawolves (4)
Old Dominion Monarchs (2)
Sam Houston State Bearkats (9)

deez_na
October 29th, 2012, 12:38 PM

I was thinking the same thing, Lehigh and Stony Brook?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2012, 12:41 PM
I was thinking the same thing, Lehigh and Stony Brook?

SBU is going to smack the hell outta someone in the playoffs. Lehigh can win a game or two as well but overall, the Seawolves have a higher ceiling. They're a legit title contender imo.

Twentysix
October 29th, 2012, 12:42 PM
SBU is going to smack the hell outta someone the playoffs. Lehigh can win a game or too as well but overall, the Seawolves have a higher ceiling.

Im not arguing that any of these teams don't deserve a high ranking, I am arguing that none of them deserve a #1 vote.

deez_na
October 29th, 2012, 12:43 PM
SBU is going to smack the hell outta someone the playoffs. Lehigh can win a game or too as well but overall, the Seawolves have a higher ceiling. They're a legit title contender imo.

You might be right but we will have to wait and see. I'll believe it when I see it though if they play a tough team of course.

Cap'n Obvious
October 29th, 2012, 12:45 PM
You might be right but we will have to wait and see. I'll believe it when I see it though if they play a tough team of course.

Pot meet Kettle...............................

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 29th, 2012, 12:46 PM
In every ballot where Georgia southern wasn't #1 they were #21. Makes total sense! :p

I doubt we had many votes below 3...
23 point differential overall and 17 point differential from first place votes.

I wish the vote tabulation software that people would use would report the maximum and minimum rank for each team.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2012, 12:49 PM

They basically returned the same team that almost took down SHSU last year. They had a hard fought game with a respectable Syracuse team, handed Army their second worst loss of the year and beat a solid Colgate team. They are really good.

deez_na
October 29th, 2012, 12:52 PM
They basically returned the same team that almost took down SHSU last year. They had a hard fought game with a respectable Syracuse team, handed Army their second worst loss of the year and beat a solid Colgate team. They are really good.

Sounds respectable, respectable enough to be voted #1?

JMUNJ08
October 29th, 2012, 01:51 PM
7-1 Cal Poly at 16? Just like I thought of the TSN voters....

Sycamore51
October 29th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Who would have ever thought that we'd see the day when Indiana State was ahead of APP State in the polls in Novemeber!

frozennorth
October 29th, 2012, 03:20 PM
cal poly, sdsu, isub are hilariously underrated.

gasoutherneagle
October 29th, 2012, 04:36 PM

That means Georgia Southern's ranking was probably pulled down by confusion with Georgia State. I'm SO damn ready for them to move up next season. So: They can FAIL even more miserably on the FBS level and WE don't get hurt anymore by idiots who vote and don't know the F--king difference. Not the first time... on this.

Twentysix
October 29th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I doubt we had many votes below 3...
23 point differential overall and 17 point differential from first place votes.

I wish the vote tabulation software that people would use would report the maximum and minimum rank for each team.

Incase you missed it, that post was made jokingly. What I said would be good for about 13th place.

grayghost06
October 29th, 2012, 05:06 PM
That means Georgia Southern's ranking was probably pulled down by confusion with Georgia State. I'm SO damn ready for them to move up next season. So: They can FAIL even more miserably on the FBS level and WE don't get hurt anymore by idiots who vote and don't know the F--king difference. Not the first time... on this.

I was hoping the pollsters would have mistaken our lackluster win against GaSt with a win over GSU. Apparently the pollsters were not fooled.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 29th, 2012, 05:41 PM

Welcome to our world. NDSU dropped to 6th in the rankings on their bye week after a loss by UND, it took them weeks to get back up top.

Hawk98
October 29th, 2012, 05:50 PM

Polls that throw out votes should themselves be thrown in the garbage.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 29th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Polls that throw out votes should themselves be thrown in the garbage.

I think we already had the quality control argument with the week 6 or 7 poll.

This poll is unlike TSN in that it has some standards which most of the voter appreciate.

Hawk98
October 29th, 2012, 05:57 PM
I think we already had the quality control argument with the week 6 or 7 poll.

This poll is unlike TSN in that it has some standards which most of the voter appreciate.

There is quality control (making sure someone doesn't vote for ND instead of NDST or GaSt instead of GaSouthern) and then there is opinion squashing (i.e., people that think undefeated teams are ranked at the top until they lose).

Lehigh is the only FCS team that hasn't lost yet. They are the only one for no ceiling as been established. You may not agree, but it is a valid opinion.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 29th, 2012, 06:03 PM
There is quality control (making sure someone doesn't vote for ND instead of NDST or GaSt instead of GaSouthern) and then there is opinion squashing (i.e., people that think undefeated teams are ranked at the top until they lose).

Lehigh is the only FCS team that hasn't lost yet. They are the only one for no ceiling as been established. You may not agree, but it is a valid opinion.

Lehigh establishes its own ceiling with the horse**** schedule they have.

Hawk98
October 29th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Meh. 2 Ivies every year, Princeton is quite possibly the Ivy League champ. CCSU is weak, no doubt. Liberty was a very solid team when the series was scheduled, not the Hawks fault the flames crapped the bed this year.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 29th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Meh. 2 Ivies every year, Princeton is quite possibly the Ivy League champ. CCSU is weak, no doubt. Liberty was a very solid team when the series was scheduled, not the Hawks fault the flames crapped the bed this year.

If your schedule is buoyed by Liberty, that is some weak sauce.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2012, 06:17 PM

Their schedule is fine minus one game, Columbia imo. Every Lehigh fan would have gladly have traded the Lions for UNH, 'Nova, Towson etc.

Engineer86
October 29th, 2012, 08:08 PM

A schedule that is set years in advance.

caribbeanhen
October 29th, 2012, 09:21 PM
SBU is going to smack the hell outta someone the playoffs. Lehigh can win a game or too as well but overall, the Seawolves have a higher ceiling. They're a legit title contender imo.

agree and have been singing this song in public since last year - whoa they almost took out Sammy

Samalum'10
October 29th, 2012, 09:28 PM
agree and have been singing this song in public since last year - whoa they almost took out Sammy
Same here. What a game that was...

PAllen
October 29th, 2012, 10:25 PM

Yeah, because Army and Syracuse are sooooo much worse than Colorado St. and Indiana St. xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

danefan
October 29th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Stony Brook is hands down one of the best teams in FCS this year. I'd hate to face them in the playoffs, especially in bad weather.

sgt smash
October 29th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Yeah, because Army and Syracuse are sooooo much worse than Colorado St. and Indiana St. xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx
if you want to get technical, according to the almighty Sagarin:

CSU: 132
Army:164
Syracuse: 60
ISUb:70

Avg opponent ranking for two games: 100 < 112

not big but noticeable

Grizo406
October 29th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Stony Brook is hands down one of the best teams in FCS this year. I'd hate to face them in the playoffs, especially in bad weather.

Agree completely!

I'd love to see the Seawolves in Washington/Grizzly for a playoff game this year...but it ain't gonna' happen!xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx

seantaylor
October 30th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Worthless poll.

ecasadoSBU
October 30th, 2012, 02:34 AM

Stony Brook has been receiving first-place votes for the past three weeks. I know I'm biased but I feel like Stony Brook can match up against any team in the FCS right now. We arguably have the best or one of the best players in the FCS (Miguel Maysonet) and they've been doing great stuff all season long. Our only loss was to a BCS Syracuse team 17-28. Syracuse may be a bad BCS team, but it is still up there...

but at the same time.... this poll stuff is foolish and people tend to have preference in specific teams/conferences. At the end of the day what matter is that you win your games and get into the playoff. Coach Priore wants to win out and get the auto-bid so whether we deserve #1 votes or not is not important

NoDak 4 Ever
October 30th, 2012, 10:33 AM
A schedule that is set years in advance.

A schedule that also never changes and will never get any more difficult. Sorry, thems the breaks.

LEHIGH61
October 30th, 2012, 11:18 AM
A schedule that also never changes and will never get any more difficult. Sorry, thems the breaks.Speaking of breaks, North Dakota State got the "break" of a lifetime last year when Ryan Spadola was suspended by FORMER Montana AD O' Day. You simply don't know how important Spadola is to the Lehigh offense.

NDSUstudent
October 30th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Speaking of breaks, North Dakota State got the "break" of a lifetime last year when Ryan Spadola was suspended by FORMER Montana AD O' Day. You simply don't know how important Spadola is to the Lehigh offense.

Yup. Lehigh National Champs if the racist was in!

Professor Chaos
October 30th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Speaking of breaks, North Dakota State got the "break" of a lifetime last year when Ryan Spadola was suspended by FORMER Montana AD O' Day. You simply don't know how important Spadola is to the Lehigh offense.
Colten Heagle didn't play that game either. Next excuse please.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 30th, 2012, 12:21 PM

You tell me how Spadola would have helped when Lum was running for his life almost every snap.

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/640/UZ/UZJIDGYRWGCENJF.20111211035454.jpg

Maybe he's thinking, "Gee I wish Spadola was here to get pancaked instead of me". That's plausible.

sgt smash
October 30th, 2012, 12:22 PM

You would have thought that the NCAA would have mailed the Championship Banner to O'Day instead of Faison if it really was a big deal.

gotts
October 30th, 2012, 02:27 PM

Yeah, the break they needed to have a 24-0 game instead of a 24-7 game, you're right!

LEHIGH07
October 30th, 2012, 02:52 PM
You tell me how Spadola would have helped when Lum was running for his life almost every snap.

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/640/UZ/UZJIDGYRWGCENJF.20111211035454.jpg

Maybe he's thinking, "Gee I wish Spadola was here to get pancaked instead of me". That's plausible.

I seem to remember LU moving the ball up and down the field right with the Bison last year - Lehigh finished with 355 total yards of offense to NDSU’s 384, but couldn’t break through against a strong Bison defense. They just couldnt stick it in the end zone on multiple trips deep in Bison territory - thats where having the best WR in the FCS could have been huge to finally get them in the end zone once down there. If they score early on one of those drives the game could have been totally different. Not saying Bison lose, but Spadola is a beast and would have definitely gotten LU a TD or two.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 30th, 2012, 03:09 PM
I seem to remember LU moving the ball up and down the field right with the Bison last year - Lehigh finished with 355 total yards of offense to NDSU’s 384, but couldn’t break through against a strong Bison defense. They just couldnt stick it in the end zone on multiple trips deep in Bison territory - thats where having the best WR in the FCS could have been huge to finally get them in the end zone once down there. If they score early on one of those drives the game could have been totally different. Not saying Bison lose, but Spadola is a beast and would have definitely gotten LU a TD or two.

Keep thinking that. When you throw 52 times, you are bound to get some yardage.

LEHIGH61
October 30th, 2012, 03:10 PM

Well said. Most teams have to double on Spadola. It opens up everything else. Like open receivers before the defensive line can close in. I'm not saying Lehigh would have won either. I'm just saying it was a definite possibilty. And the Bison would definitely have had some major headaches preparing for the game with Spadola available. The Bison fans, unfortunately, think too much of themselves. I kind of hope that changes this year despite a disgusting home field advantage.

Twentysix
October 30th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Well said. Most teams have to double on Spadola. It opens up everything else. Like open receivers before the defensive line can close in. I'm not saying Lehigh would have won either. I'm just saying it was a definite possibilty. And the Bison would definitely have had some major headaches preparing for the game with Spadola available. The Bison fans, unfortunately, think too much of themselves. I kind of hope that changes this year despite a disgusting home field advantage.

Marcus Williams must be two people, we wouldn't have to double up on Spadola. Mwill is the #11 CB in the 2014 draft prospects.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/CB

Spadola isn't even in the top 50 for WR's.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 30th, 2012, 03:33 PM

So after Lehigh, the Bison played two higher scoring offenses and held them to a combined 6.5 ppg. This was offenses that finished at 35 and 36 ppg average for the season.

I really wish Spadola HAD played the game so you whiny Lehigh fans could take your *** whipping without bitching, like the GSU and Sammy fans did.

LEHIGH07
October 30th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Keep thinking that. When you throw 52 times, you are bound to get some yardage.

Not really sure what point you are trying to make?? Your choice of offense was by the ground, ours was by the air - both seemed to do the same amount of damage, granted with one BIG difference the Bison punched it in the end zone where Lehigh just couldnt. If your point is that we got lucky on a couple of deep passes and that was about it, again this isnt what i remembered - Time of possession was almost even (30:54 NDSU to 29:06 for Lehigh) while the Bison gained 21 first downs to the Mountain Hawks’ 19. So like i said LEHIGH moved the ball just as effectively as the Bison. Long methodical drives that just couldnt punch it in the end zone - thats where OUR POINT is, if we had Spadola we would have punched it in a couple times at least.

Just because we threw the ball doesnt mean it automatically racks up yardage, thats a ridiculous argument. Based on your thinking, the bison had over 210 yards in rushing offense so they must have controlled the clock and time of possession, right???! Oh thats right time of possession was almost even (30:54 NDSU to 29:06 for Lehigh) while the Bison gained 21 first downs to the Mountain Hawks’ 19.

For you to say having Spadola wouldn't have made a difference (again not saying the bison lose) is borderline insane. They guy would have broken the WR yardage record in the FCS if he hadn't gotten screwed over by the corrupt NCAA.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 30th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Not really sure what point you are trying to make?? Your choice of offense was by the ground, ours was by the air - both seemed to do the same amount of damage, granted with one BIG difference the Bison punched it in the end zone where Lehigh just couldnt. If your point is that we got lucky on a couple of deep passes and that was about it, again this isnt what i remembered - Time of possession was almost even (30:54 NDSU to 29:06 for Lehigh) while the Bison gained 21 first downs to the Mountain Hawks’ 19. So like i said LEHIGH moved the ball just as effectively as the Bison. Long methodical drives that just couldnt punch it in the end zone - thats where OUR POINT is, if we had Spadola we would have punched it in a couple times at least.

Just because we threw the ball doesnt mean it automatically racks up yardage, thats a ridiculous argument. Based on your thinking, the bison had over 210 yards in rushing offense so they must have controlled the clock and time of possession, right???! Oh thats right time of possession was almost even (30:54 NDSU to 29:06 for Lehigh) while the Bison gained 21 first downs to the Mountain Hawks’ 19.

For you to say having Spadola wouldn't have made a difference (again not saying the bison lose) is borderline insane. They guy would have broken the WR yardage record in the FCS if he hadn't gotten screwed over by the corrupt NCAA.

Boy you guys really rally around your racists, don't you?

I'm sure it's a total coincidence that the best player in blah blah blah always has his worst game against the Bison.

LEHIGH07
October 30th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Boy you guys really rally around your racists, don't you?

I'm sure it's a total coincidence that the best player in blah blah blah always has his worst game against the Bison.

WOW - lableing someone a racist, someone you have never even met or probably ever laid eyes on in your life based off of one "re-tweet"?!?! Thats some real ignorant stuff you are throwing out there. A 20year old kid made a mistake (i repeat - a 20 YEAR OLD made a mistake) "re-tweeting" someone else's words (not even his tweet). It was wrong he came out immidiately and apologized for it and never once said it was unfair. He took his punishment like a man and took responsibility.

Ten football players at North Dakota State pleaded guilty Tuesday to election fraud earlier in 2012 for faking signatures on ballot measure petitions they were hired to collect. So should we go around labeling them criminals and/or thiefs for the rest of their lives?!?!?! Give me a break!! I had (have) the upmost respect for NDSU and the community after traveling up there last year for the game, you just must be one of the rotten apples.

I apologize for the rant but labeling someone a racist just isn't something you should throw out there when you dont even know a person.

NDB
October 30th, 2012, 04:15 PM
you know who i dislike more than racists? people who reconstruct history.

NDSU DOMINATED Lehigh last year.

BisonBacker
October 30th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Lehigh had a good team last year but with or without him the results of the game would have been the same. The best team we faced last year in the playoffs before Frisco was James Madison and it (Lehigh or GoSo) wasn't even close.

Hawk98
October 30th, 2012, 05:31 PM

You don't think taking the feature player out of an offense when the team was basically getting on the plane (and had gameplanned around having him) would affect an offense? Thought you knew football better than that.

LEHIGH07
October 30th, 2012, 06:19 PM
After listening to the Bison fans (the SMARTEST FANS in the FCS - obviously) i must ask, whats 1+1= ?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 30th, 2012, 06:22 PM
After listening to the Bison fans (the SMARTEST FANS in the FCS - obviously) i must ask, whats 1+1= ?

1+1=2, coincidentally the most playoff games Lehigh has played in a single season in 30 years.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Lehigh was in the game until Colvin threw that pick. NDSU proceeded to put together a long drive to completely end it at 24-0. The lack of a fg kicker didn't help either. You need to be able to kick 40 yard fg's in the playoff. Without Spadola Lehigh didn't have a deep threat. That enabled NDSUto pin their ears back. I went on Bisonville and predicted exactly what would happen before the game.

NDSU was the best team in the country but I honestly believe Lehigh was Top 3 at full strength.

heath
October 30th, 2012, 07:57 PM
If Lehigh had Spadola and Barket playing last year, NDSU wins 17-10 and it WOULD have been their toughest game in the playoffs.Any other opinion is just way too biased and blind.xnodx

heath
October 30th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Most Bison fans act like spoiled brats.(with NO experience of football at the highest level)Enjoy the run and don't get upset when the door hits you in the A$$.With that said,NDSU has to be the big favorite to win it all again.Good Luck

NoDak 4 Ever
October 30th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Most Bison fans act like spoiled brats.(with NO experience of football at the highest level)Enjoy the run and don't get upset when the door hits you in the A$$.With that said,NDSU has to be the big favorite to win it all again.Good Luck

What in the world would Lehigh know about the highest level in football?

Hawk98
October 30th, 2012, 08:13 PM

Lehigh was playing football before you were even a state.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 30th, 2012, 08:22 PM

You think you would have won SOMETHING by now then, eh?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2012, 08:28 PM

Lehigh is one of the winningest, most consistent, programs since the beginning of 1AA football. It's also part of the best rivalry at this level of football.

I don't understand why so many NDSU fans feel the need to put down other teams. You guys are darn good but aren't immune to failure like everyone else.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 30th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Lehigh is one of the winningest, most consistent, programs programs since the beginning of 1AA football. It's also part of the best rivalry at this level of football.

I don't understand why so many NDSU fans feel the need to put down other teams. You guys are darn good but aren't immune to failure like everyone else.

I never start throwing **** but you better believe I will always throw it back. The first volley came when someone said what a lucky break that your big mouthed WR got suspended and some conspiracy that kept you from the championship, which is just plain stupid.

gsu2583
October 30th, 2012, 08:35 PM
I watched the NDSU v Lehigh game last year. Seemed pretty one sided. Sadly, a GSU would know...

Hawk98
October 30th, 2012, 08:35 PM
I never start throwing **** but you better believe I will always throw it back. The first volley came when someone said what a lucky break that your big mouthed WR got suspended and some conspiracy that kept you from the championship, which is just plain stupid.

That's not what he said. He said you got a break, which you did. He didn't say you wouldn't have won.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 30th, 2012, 08:37 PM
That's not what he said. He said you got a break, which you did. He didn't say you wouldn't have won.

"The break of a lifetime" not sure how else to interpret that.

Southern Bison
October 30th, 2012, 10:18 PM
You think you would have won SOMETHING by now then, eh?

Perhaps another trip for Lehigh in December over to Fargo will need to happen this season. When they board the plane to limp back east with their wings clipped yet again, it will finally shut their fans up. The notion that 1 player would have made the difference between a 24-0 loss and a trip to Statesboro, GA for a National Semifinal is ridiculous. Besides, GSU would have wiped the floor with the "re-tweeter".

Engineer86
October 31st, 2012, 12:35 AM
Perhaps another trip for Lehigh in December over to Fargo will need to happen this season. When they board the plane to limp back east with their wings clipped yet again, it will finally shut their fans up. The notion that 1 player would have made the difference between a 24-0 loss and a trip to Statesboro, GA for a National Semifinal is ridiculous. Besides, GSU would have wiped the floor with the "re-tweeter".

No arrogance there, just pure facts.

Houndawg
October 31st, 2012, 02:38 AM
If Lehigh had Spadola and Barket playing last year, NDSU wins 17-10 and it WOULD have been their toughest game in the playoffs.Any other opinion is just way too biased and blind.xnodx

If a frog had wings he wouldn't whomp his *** hopping.

mgbison
October 31st, 2012, 03:06 AM
We would simply put Marcus Williams on Spadola, hence Spadola would;ve been shut down (just a fact). The talent difference in the trenches is what matters. Our d-line is on a completely different level than Lehigh's o-line. Lum got murdered and if we play Lehigh again this year, its gonna be the same situation for Lehigh's new QB.

frozennorth
October 31st, 2012, 03:33 AM

we were playing football before we were a state

PAllen
October 31st, 2012, 09:33 AM
we were playing football before we were a state

xthumbsupx Nice