PDA

View Full Version : Televised Games

Purple Pride
August 7th, 2006, 07:40 AM
When will everyone be on TV?

We (UCA) play SHSU on 10/19 (Thursday) on FOX.

GO BEARS!!!!

Umass74
August 7th, 2006, 07:58 AM
The A10 schedule is here (http://www.atlantic10.org/release.asp?release_id=2229) .

aceinthehole
August 7th, 2006, 08:22 AM
So far for the NEC, Central Connecticut State at Monmouth (Saturday, October 28 @ Noon) is scheduled to be televised on Fox Sports Net-New York.

carney2
August 7th, 2006, 08:25 AM
There's TV, and then there's TV. In my neck of the woods Lafyayette televises all of its games, home and away. In order to get the games however, you need to either subscribe to a specific cable carrier or have access to a local station that is powered by two mice and a wheel. Lehigh has an arrangement where all of its home games are televised, and the station has the option to carry selected away games. They are carried on a 4-mouse station.

Lionsrking
August 7th, 2006, 08:42 AM

GO BEARS!!!!

For the record it's Fox Sports Southwest, not the Fox network.

TxSt02
August 7th, 2006, 09:23 AM

GO BEARS!!!!

have they released all of the games yet???

Pards Rule
August 7th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Carney, who is televising LafCol vs. Yale?

89Hen
August 7th, 2006, 10:06 AM
The A10 schedule is here (http://www.atlantic10.org/release.asp?release_id=2229) .
Sept. 23 - Shaw at Maine (WABI) - 2:00

What is a Shaw? :eyebrow:

goasu984Life
August 7th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Southern Conference Television Schedule

http://www.soconsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4000&ATCLID=512372

ncbears
August 7th, 2006, 10:53 AM
NC has two games on Altitude which is broadcast in all Rocky Montain states plus a couple other western states. Those games will be in October against Idaho State and Eastern Washington. Should be fun!

mainejeff
August 7th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Sept. 23 - Shaw at Maine (WABI) - 2:00

What is a Shaw? :eyebrow:

See: a West Chester

:)

Psychored
August 7th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Western Kentucky vs. Ga. on the SEC Game of the Week Sat. Sept. 2nd. This will be seen mostly in the areas that have SEC members (i.e., the southeast)

TexasTerror
August 7th, 2006, 04:14 PM
have they released all of the games yet???

This is called...UCA's AD letting the cat out of the bag at the kickoff celebration to continue to drum up support for UCA athletics and of course, football...

Smart move by the SLC to get a UCA game against an SLC foe televised (as they only play two)...look for more SLC games to be announced shortly!

Jag4Life
August 7th, 2006, 06:46 PM
SU will be on NBC against Grambling!

Frosty The Snowbuff
August 7th, 2006, 07:51 PM
SU will be on NBC against Grambling!
again

TheValleyRaider
August 7th, 2006, 07:55 PM
All Colgate home games will be on Time Warner 26, the local channel. They might also be showing the game at Cornell.

carney2
August 7th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Carney, who is televising LafCol vs. Yale?

CSTV. 1:00 PM

SoCon48
August 7th, 2006, 08:30 PM
The SoCon features 11 TV games involving Southern Conference teams.

Furman: 7 games
GSU: 5
Wofford 3
WCU 2
ASU 2
Citadel 1

Winning the I-AA National Championship with its accompanying publicity earned App a decrease from 2005's 5 regular season TV games to 2 thus far. Furman is helping pay for some of their own.
Of the five SoCon produced TV games, ASU gets in two by playing Furman and GSU.

Mr. C
August 7th, 2006, 08:40 PM
There's TV, and then there's TV. In my neck of the woods Lafyayette televises all of its games, home and away. In order to get the games however, you need to either subscribe to a specific cable carrier or have access to a local station that is powered by two mice and a wheel. Lehigh has an arrangement where all of its home games are televised, and the station has the option to carry selected away games. They are carried on a 4-mouse station.
Lafayette's game have been available on Dish Network for two years. The Fox Pittburgh station has carried them, which is cool, because you can usually catch replays earlier in the next week, if you miss them live. I've seen almost every Lafayette game in the past two years (including one in person during last year's playoffs).

SoCon48
August 7th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Mr C.
What's ASU doing wrong in going from 5 following a 6-5 season to only 2 as reigning National Champions?
Seems the reverse would be true.

Mr. C
August 7th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Mr C.
What's ASU doing wrong in going from 5 following a 6-5 season to only 2 as reigning National Champions?
Seems the reverse would be true.
The conference television thing should be put in some perspective. The SoCon TV deal has gone steadly down hill for some time (really since Marshall left the league). Furman is well represented because the Paladins have made the commitment to buy time on CSS. CSS is basically worthless to many parts of the south. You can't get it on Dish Network, or DirecTV. It isn't available on all of the cable networks in the southeast and a large part of the SoCon television audience cannot get these games at all. I am really surprised that CSTV didn't pick up any ASU games, but then that network seems to be pulling back from what was a good I-AA package a couple of years ago (don't get me started with my own frustrations dealing with CSTV on a professional level as a columnist for them in the past two years). As far as I knew, the complete TV package hasn't been announced yet (Fox SportSouth is not on any of the schedules yet). The word for a long time was that the James Madison-App State game was going to be on TV. And I was under the impression that one or more others (Western Carolina?) might also be televised. I felt like the SoCon should be doing a better job on TV for a long time.

TheTribeHasSpoken
August 7th, 2006, 10:24 PM
I'm sure the W&M/UMD game will be televised in some way and I know W&M vs. Hofstra is on the A-10 network.

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

EKU05
August 7th, 2006, 10:34 PM
EKU vs. TTU (I think Thurs. Spet. 21) is on ESPNU. EKU and WKU is being televised on some kind of local basis in the Lexington and Bowling Green areas as I understand it.

SoCon48
August 7th, 2006, 11:16 PM
The conference television thing should be put in some perspective. The SoCon TV deal has gone steadly down hill for some time (really since Marshall left the league). Furman is well represented because the Paladins have made the commitment to buy time on CSS. CSS is basically worthless to many parts of the south. You can't get it on Dish Network, or DirecTV. It isn't available on all of the cable networks in the southeast and a large part of the SoCon television audience cannot get these games at all. I am really surprised that CSTV didn't pick up any ASU games, but then that network seems to be pulling back from what was a good I-AA package a couple of years ago (don't get me started with my own frustrations dealing with CSTV on a professional level as a columnist for them in the past two years). As far as I knew, the complete TV package hasn't been announced yet (Fox SportSouth is not on any of the schedules yet). The word for a long time was that the James Madison-App State game was going to be on TV. And I was under the impression that one or more others (Western Carolina?) might also be televised. I felt like the SoCon should be doing a better job on TV for a long time.

Thanks, David,
Sounds like we're in a bind especially for games showcasing The Rock. The JMU game would possibly have to be moved to a Thurs or Fri night to get covered and the Mars Hill game would be minimally attractive. That leaves Elon, Citadel, and Wofford at the Rock for negotiation.

ASU with the accompanying good crowd in Boiling Springs would help build the fanbase and recruiting..for Gardner-Webb, that is.

Still feel stupid going to play G-Webb with the OT game they gave Coastal Carolina in the Chanticleers own house last year..and 23 G-W Bulldog starters returning.

carney2
August 8th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Lafayette's game have been available on Dish Network for two years. The Fox Pittburgh station has carried them, which is cool, because you can usually catch replays earlier in the next week, if you miss them live. I've seen almost every Lafayette game in the past two years (including one in person during last year's playoffs).

This explains why my friends in The Burgh tell me that they "saw yunz guys on TV." ("Yunz guys" is Pittsburghese for the plural of "you.")

Mr. C
August 8th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Thanks, David,
Sounds like we're in a bind especially for games showcasing The Rock. The JMU game would possibly have to be moved to a Thurs or Fri night to get covered and the Mars Hill game would be minimally attractive. That leaves Elon, Citadel, and Wofford at the Rock for negotiation.

ASU with the accompanying good crowd in Boiling Springs would help build the fanbase and recruiting..for Gardner-Webb, that is.

Still feel stupid going to play G-Webb with the OT game they gave Coastal Carolina in the Chanticleers own house last year..and 23 G-W Bulldog starters returning.
Gardner-Webb has a lot of talent back on offense, particularly with receivers Duvaughn Flagler and Kory Alston, but they are breaking in a new starting QB (a kid with a similar amount of experience to Trey Elder) and they need a lot of help on defense. The Bulldogs gave up a truck load of points last season.

On TV, the Wofford-ASU game has been one of those shown frequently in the past several years.

PCbluehose
August 8th, 2006, 10:18 AM
PC plays Charleston Southern on CSS on 9/22

CSS is the Comcast Sports network shown throughout the Southeast

Pard4Life
August 8th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Lafayette is on CSTV vs. Penn 9/16 and Yale 9/30.

However, we are on every week if you have a satelltie/digital cable or fancy set-up.

Also, I think the Pards are on weekly at FSN Pittburgh, Empire Network in NY, and parts of New England... but not NJ strangely... where half the alumni base is... curse-ed Comcast..

Pards Rule
August 8th, 2006, 04:13 PM
I think the Pards could attract quite a following if exposed in other markets. Who could resist the leopard and Frank Tavani?

Calif_Colonial
August 9th, 2006, 02:27 PM
So far for the NEC, Central Connecticut State at Monmouth (Saturday, October 28 @ Noon) is scheduled to be televised on Fox Sports Net-New York.

Fox Sports Net -Pittsburgh will cover the following two Robert Morris games.

Setp. 9, 1:00PM Duquesne @ Robert Morris

Sept. 30, 4:00PM Robert Morris @ St.Francis, Pa.

If you have a dish and a sports package these 3 games are viewable who ever is interested.

Degaull Field @ St. Francis was just renovated with new Sportexe Field and new bleachers on the home and visiting sides.

Robert Morris built their on campus stadium last season. ( FieldTurf surface ). :thumbsup:

lambertjr
August 9th, 2006, 04:28 PM
I wish they were televising the App. St.-vs Mars Hill game.:bang:

TheBisonator
August 13th, 2006, 10:25 PM
NDSU is playing at Minnesota on Oct. 21 on ESPN Plus, and will play on North Dakota statewide ABC (WDAY-Fargo, WDAZ-Grand Forks, KBMY-Bismarck, KMCY-Minot) against Northeastern on September 16. There is still a chance that one or more of the following three games may be televised this year:

9/23 At Ball State - WDAY may be pressured to at least broadcast this game in Fargo only.

10/7 At Georgia Southern - FSN South may broadcast this game and have a feed for FSN North viewers in the Upper Midwest.

11/4 At UC Davis - Comcast Sports West may televise this game, but it would probably only be available to dish owners.

Right now we have two on the agenda, and possibly at least a third.

SoCon48
August 14th, 2006, 03:37 PM
PC plays Charleston Southern on CSS on 9/22

CSS is the Comcast Sports network shown throughout the Southeast

I wouldn't say that. I'd say more of the Southeast can NOT get it than can. Which is why App stopped paying for some extra games his year.