PDA

View Full Version : More Trouble for Montana

Jacked_Rabbit
October 29th, 2012, 10:27 AM
From the Associated Press: http://collegefootball.ap.org/content/montana-football-player-arrested-drug-charges

Montana football player arrested on drug charges

MISSOULA, Mont. (AP) — University of Montana offensive tackle Trevor Poole was arrested on a felony drug charge over the weekend.

The university's student-athlete code of conduct calls for the sophomore from Spokane, Wash., to be suspended indefinitely and if convicted of a felony, to be dismissed from the team.

Walkon79
October 29th, 2012, 10:29 AM
I saw that last night. Another nightmare for Coach D and his staff. Damn kids anyway!!!

Jacked_Rabbit
October 29th, 2012, 10:30 AM
From the Missoulian, it appears ecstasy was the drug of choice. Celebrating the big win over Idaho State like rock stars, I guess.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/griz-tackle-poole-arrested-on-felony-drug-charge/article_b35c30d2-216f-11e2-a89e-001a4bcf887a.html

Grizalltheway
October 29th, 2012, 10:30 AM
A season to forget in Griz nation.:(

Apphole
October 29th, 2012, 10:32 AM
When it rains, it pours.

BEAR
October 29th, 2012, 10:36 AM
The University of Miami in trouble again??????????????

Oh wait....you said MONTANA..........sorry.

I second the rain and pour thing.... :(

C'mon Montana...quit acting all FBS and everything...xlolx

BisonBacker
October 29th, 2012, 10:41 AM
I feel bad for the Fans of Montana. I don't understand kids these days. We were all young once but what happened to the days of just beer drinking (not that that's necessarily legal for them either) but still. With all the problems they have had you would think these young men would know better. Sad indeed for a proud program. Hope they get the ship corrected over there. I'm sure they will.

Grizalltheway
October 29th, 2012, 11:04 AM
I feel bad for the Fans of Montana. I don't understand kids these days. We were all young once but what happened to the days of just beer drinking (not that that's necessarily legal for them either) but still. With all the problems they have had you would think these young men would know better. Sad indeed for a proud program. Hope they get the ship corrected over there. I'm sure they will.

I hate to break it to you, but college kids experimenting with drugs is hardly a new development, especially in a town like Missoula. Stupid, yes, but it's been happening since the 60s, at least.

Twentysix
October 29th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Well, better fire the HC, no playoffs and drug charges. xbadx

The best way to keep montana down, is to keep making them have a first year headcoach each and every year!

mountaineer in Cane Land
October 29th, 2012, 11:09 AM
makes you wonder whats going on behind doors at our own favorite universities

NDB
October 29th, 2012, 11:21 AM
I hate to break it to you, but college kids experimenting with drugs is hardly a new development, especially in a town like Missoula. Stupid, yes, but it's been happening since the 60s, at least.

O MY GOD.

crossfire07
October 29th, 2012, 03:20 PM
When it rains, it pours.They suspend 3 for this weekend. :(

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/montana-suspends-three-players-for-weber-state-game-102912

MTfan4life
October 29th, 2012, 04:13 PM

This is exactly true. People can be ignorant all they want and act like whatever school is awful that happens to have the most recent kid get caught. College students do crazy things. They simply don't get caught about 99% of the time. This is not something that's going on at a handful of schools. Stuff like this happens everywhere.

cbarrier90
October 29th, 2012, 04:23 PM
The FCS is a better place when Montana is a contender. This has been a sad saga to follow. xsmhx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 29th, 2012, 04:27 PM
A college kid doing X, sorry that's on the level of a speeding ticket as far as I'm concerned cuz if you didn't do anything like this in College then I feel bad for ya.

Just too bad he put himself in a spot to get caught. Hell we did a lot of illegal crap like this when we went to Boone this year. Luckily, the Boonies know how to party.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 29th, 2012, 04:32 PM
A college kid doing X, sorry that's on the level of a speeding ticket as far as I'm concerned cuz if you didn't do anything like this in College then I feel bad for ya.

Just too bad he put himself in a spot to get caught. Hell we did a lot of illegal crap like this when we went to Boone this year. Luckily, the Boonies know how to party.

hahahahah this is the best comment I've read on here in a loooong time... xlolx

So you were doing ecstasy in Boone with the Appy fans this year?!?! Damn, now that's what I call tailgating! I thought the shrooms and blow we do at our pregame in Brookings was big time, but guess not. hahaha

Twentysix
October 29th, 2012, 04:35 PM
hahahahah this is the best comment I've read on here in a loooong time... xlolx

So you were doing ecstasy in Boone with the Appy fans this year?!?! Damn, now that's what I call tailgating! I thought the shrooms and blow we do at our pregame in Brookings was big time, but guess not. hahaha

I bet ursus can't wait for the NM schools to hit up the bigsky. He can party with Hisenberg and do blue meth!

BisonBacker
October 29th, 2012, 04:37 PM

Well I guess you can't fix stupid. I drank in college but I never did drugs. Just because someone else does it doesn't make it right. You aren't breaking anything to me. I've been around the block and seen more crap than I care to talk about but it still doesn't make it right or legal just because others do it. I guess the old saying you can't fix stupid fits this story perfectly.

Grizalltheway
October 29th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Well I guess you can't fix stupid. I drank in college but I never did drugs. Just because someone else does it doesn't make it right. You aren't breaking anything to me. I've been around the block and seen more crap than I care to talk about but it still doesn't make it right or legal just because others do it. I guess the old saying you can't fix stupid fits this story perfectly.

Agree, and I didn't intend to preach at you or anything. Considering everything that's happened in recent months, the fact that a UM player with his scholarship on the line would push the envelope this far is just mind boggling.

BisonBacker
October 29th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Agree, and I didn't intend to preach at you or anything. Considering everything that's happened in recent months, the fact that a UM player with his scholarship on the line would push the envelope this far is just mind boggling.

I agree and I hope for all Griz fans and for FCS fans they get things straightened out. I agree with one other poster who said the FCS is a better place when Montana is a contender. You along with NDSU and several others colleges at this level have something many others would love to have and that is the great fan support of a flagship university. Just to bad these kids don't see how one stupid decision can have such a negative effect on so many.

Grizo406
October 29th, 2012, 05:41 PM

The Boone folks DO KNOW HOW to party!xnodxxnodx

My favorite part was doin' the shots of red eye gravy...thinkin' it was Jager!??!:o

ursus arctos horribilis
October 29th, 2012, 05:55 PM
I bet ursus can't wait for the NM schools to hit up the bigsky. He can party with Hisenberg and do blue meth!

It was more along these lines with some amorousness involved.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Xek76nYlghI/UA3y4wHAH8I/AAAAAAAAAHE/_p46WZwzOFA/s1600/Tuco1.jpg

Sure wish we would have had some chicks at that party.:o