PDA

View Full Version : NDSU #1 AGAIN.....

LakesBison
October 28th, 2012, 01:46 AM
Ewu choked and GSU needed 3 ots vs chatty

Means NDSU is back at #1 again. Plus NDSU killed gsu 35-7 boom roasted lets party !!

CSN-info
October 28th, 2012, 02:06 AM
NDSU has been #1 all along except in the opinion polls.
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?833-North-Dakota-State-Near-Perfect-at-No.-1-in-the-10-22-12-Gridiron-Power-Index-(GPI)

seantaylor
October 28th, 2012, 02:44 AM
How in the world would a team that lost at home be #1 over a team that didn't?

GATA_OneMoreTime
October 28th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Yeah, good luck with being #1. If you jump us, good for you, but you didn't exactly put up a great game... A win is a win for both of us, but seriously? Beating the salukis? Congrats.

Hammerhead
October 28th, 2012, 04:49 AM
The Salukis were #23 in the AGS poll heading into the game so it's not like they were a cupcake.

GATA_OneMoreTime
October 28th, 2012, 04:54 AM
The Salukis were #23 in the AGS poll heading into the game so it's not like they were a cupcake.
Agreed, and I'll be the first one to tell you that NDSU is the team to beat, but I just get tired of hearing Lakes and his immediate #1 talk. I hope we don't play you guys in the playoffs, especially at the dome. I'm as happy as I can be about my Eagles winning tonight, but as far as the #1 ranking goes, I don't care for it. Farther to fall. I know my previous post disagrees with that, but I just don't see NDSU jumping us because we went to 3OT and they won in regulation. If NDSU jumps us and takes #1 next week, congrats and good for y'all, no skin off my back. You have a great team, and we have a developing team. You probably deserve #1, but we'll see how the vote turns out.

blueballs
October 28th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Based on what??? Last year???

Not that it matters.... GSU has their hands more than full with App State coming to town while NDSU prepares for their cupcake du jour.

As long as GSU wins against App and Howard they'll get a #1 or 2 seed and we'll see how it turns out.

UNH Fanboi
October 28th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Based on what??? Last year???

Not that it matters.... GSU has their hands more than full with App State coming to town while NDSU prepares for their cupcake du jour.

As long as GSU wins against App and Howard they'll get a #1 or 2 seed and we'll see how it turns out.

An FBS win, a loss to a 7-2 team instead of a loss to a 4-4 team, being ranked higher in every computer poll, etc. Not that hard to figure out. Only reason for ranking GSU ahead of NDSU is that they lost a couple weeks earlier and people have an irrational tendency to slide teams after a loss and leave them there rather than ranking teams fresh each week based on their entire body of work.

Hawk98
October 28th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Personally, I think the top 5 should be Montana St, Georgia Southern, N Dakota St, Sam Houston, Eastern Washington

IBleedYellow
October 28th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Not yet Lakes. Good teams win, great teams win the scares like GSU survived from yesterday, and us to an extent as well.
GSU 1
NDSU 2
EWU 3

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 28th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Considering how banged up we are on offense I don't feel too bad about squeaking by Chatty.
All I really care about is getting one of the top two seeds. Don't care about polls.

danefan
October 28th, 2012, 08:07 AM
NDSU has been #1 all along except in the opinion polls.
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?833-North-Dakota-State-Near-Perfect-at-No.-1-in-the-10-22-12-Gridiron-Power-Index-(GPI)

No one cares about the GPI Ralph

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 28th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Considering how banged up we are on offense I don't feel too bad about squeaking by Chatty.
All I really care about is getting one of the top two seeds. Don't care about polls.

Be pretty tough to get a top 2 seed with Georgia as the last game. Late season loses kill ya.

I-16Bandit
October 28th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Be pretty tough to get a top 2 seed with Georgia as the last game. Late season loses kill ya.

Not a BCS loss.

The Eagle's Cliff
October 28th, 2012, 08:17 AM

How many times does it have to be said that FBS losses don't matter before people hear it?

Proof is App getting killed by Florida a few years ago and getting the #1 seed the next day.

If GSU wins App and Howard, we'll get 1 or 2, which is all we care about.

NDSU fans who keep running that mouth better stay focused on their own conference schedule or the Bisons will end up going to EWU to get that spanking - again

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

straightshooter
October 28th, 2012, 08:18 AM

The Bison should do a bit of that kind of scheduling. Who was your FBS game with? Colorado State? Wow... GSU had national champion Alabama last year, Georgia this year, Florida next year, LSU the following year and then Georgia Tech. A loss to UGA will not affect the seeding if GSU wins out with FCS teams.

TheEagleWay
October 28th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Loss to a top 10 BCS opponent will not hurt us at all.

You just need to worry about not losing to unranked opponents at home.

marenlee
October 28th, 2012, 08:40 AM
The Bison should do a bit of that kind of scheduling. Who was your FBS game with? Colorado State? Wow... GSU had national champion Alabama last year, Georgia this year, Florida next year, LSU the following year and then Georgia Tech. A loss to UGA will not affect the seeding if GSU wins out with FCS teams.
This post actually convinced me to sign up. Why should any team schedule a guaranteed loss? Just for a bigger paycheck? I'd be more worried about injuries than a moral victory.

marenlee
October 28th, 2012, 08:41 AM
It seems as though the GSU fans are getting very defensive about a post by Lakes...

Gil Dobie
October 28th, 2012, 08:42 AM
I had EWU #4 and NDSU #5, so NDSU moves up to #4.
These are just rankings though, something to entertain us until the playoffs start

pike51
October 28th, 2012, 08:54 AM
This post actually convinced me to sign up. Why should any team schedule a guaranteed loss? Just for a bigger paycheck? I'd be more worried about injuries than a moral victory.

Who says we have to lose? Not me!

Besides, this thread is BS anyways! We all know Chattanooga and GA State are both #1. We're all playing for 3rd.

TheEagleWay
October 28th, 2012, 08:56 AM

Injuries happen no matter the opponent.

We just get paid really well to see how well our boys stack up against better opponents and it can be a huge confidence builder for our boys.

JSUBison
October 28th, 2012, 09:11 AM
How many times does it have to be said that FBS losses don't matter before people hear it?

Proof is App getting killed by Florida a few years ago and getting the #1 seed the next day.

NDSU fans who keep running that mouth better stay focused on their own conference schedule or the Bisons will end up going to EWU to get that spanking - again

So you think if GSU finishes 9-2 with losses to Citadel and Georgia, they should be seeded ahead of 9-2 EWU with a FBS win, FBS loss, and FCS loss? FBS losses do matter in relation to seeding teams that have already played and beat FBS teams. If we are comparing a 9-2 New Hampshire team and 9-2 GSU at the end of the season, then I agree the loss won't hurt GSU.

DSUrocks07
October 28th, 2012, 09:16 AM
So its gonna be #1 NDSU vs #2 GSU in the BCS championship game right? Oh wait...

UNIFanSince1983
October 28th, 2012, 09:37 AM
So its gonna be #1 NDSU vs #2 GSU in the BCS championship game right? Oh wait...

We will have to see when my BCS standings are released tomorrow ;)

TheEagleWay
October 28th, 2012, 09:45 AM
So you think if GSU finishes 9-2 with losses to Citadel and Georgia(Top 10 BCS, leads the SEC East to play for SEC Title Game), they should be seeded ahead of 9-2 EWU with a FBS(1-7 WAC) win, FBS loss(2-6 PAC), and FCS loss? FBS losses do matter in relation to seeding teams that have already played and beat FBS teams. If we are comparing a 9-2 New Hampshire team and 9-2 GSU at the end of the season, then I agree the loss won't hurt GSU.

Care to give an example of a loss to a Top 10 FBS opponent unseated a #1 or #2 FCS team?

BisonBohl
October 28th, 2012, 09:56 AM

Haha speaking of spanking...y'all better hope gsu don't face ndsu because we have spanked you in both our house and yours...

NDB
October 28th, 2012, 09:58 AM

why?

our goal is to win a national championship.

not get to be outclassed and beaten by elite BCS teams.

That said, I'm sure you revel in GSU's one FBS win against a transitioning Florida Atlantic in 2004.

The Eagle's Cliff
October 28th, 2012, 10:04 AM
So you think if GSU finishes 9-2 with losses to Citadel and Georgia, they should be seeded ahead of 9-2 EWU with a FBS win, FBS loss, and FCS loss? FBS losses do matter in relation to seeding teams that have already played and beat FBS teams. If we are comparing a 9-2 New Hampshire team and 9-2 GSU at the end of the season, then I agree the loss won't hurt GSU.

The record won't be viewed as 9-2. It'll be 9-1. Then the polls and GPI and the biggest name in FCS Football "Georgia Southern" will give us #1 or #2 and home field.

Eaglegus2
October 28th, 2012, 10:05 AM
OK children! Recess is over and it is time for your favorite history class.

Your substitute will be Mr C. He will entertain you with the facts of geograhical scheduling in football. Please pay attention and show that you were taught manners at home.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2012, 10:08 AM
The record won't be viewed as 9-2. It'll be 9-1. Then the polls and GPI and the biggest name in FCS Football "Georgia Southern" will give us #1 or #2 and home field.

Yeah, I don't remember it working like that last year.

The Eagle's Cliff
October 28th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Haha speaking of spanking...y'all better hope gsu don't face ndsu because we have spanked you in both our house and yours...

NDSU has a fine football program and a great DII history. Frankly, I would expect more from a major research university than bragging about being competitive with a bunch of former teacher college "directional u's" and small private schools but I guess you just couldn't hang consistently with the Gophers, Huskers, and Badgers. The Fargo Dome/airplane hanger would look pretty funny on a Big 10 schedule.

In spite of all that and all the mouth, NDSU fans measure their program against a regional undergrad university in rural Georgia with a miniscule Athletics budget. You guys are awesome

NDB
October 28th, 2012, 10:17 AM

Same here.

NDSU still has three tough games left.

sgt smash
October 28th, 2012, 10:20 AM

Maybe GS wants to try it again at a nuetral location? I would love to see NDSU and GS at #1 and #2 and meet in Frisco. Got a few games to worry about before that, but can you imagine that thread? I would guess over 300 pages.

sgt smash
October 28th, 2012, 10:21 AM
@ 10 posts per page...

HandoEX
October 28th, 2012, 10:21 AM
We can't compare NDSU's win against Colorado State to a GSU game that hadn't happened yet! What if GSU wins? What if GSU loses in Savannah State style? Lots can happen between now and them too.

I really can't see how anyone has Georgia Southern ahead of NDSU. My take...

1) Each team has one FCS loss, GSU's loss was to a team far below the team that NDSU lost to.
2) GSU has had to pull out two squeakers against two bad teams (Elon & Chatty), NDSU has one close win against a ranked team
3) GSU'd win over Wofford is bigger than any of NDSU's wins, but the body of work still favors the Bison

JSUBison
October 28th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Care to give an example of a loss to a Top 10 FBS opponent unseated a #1 or #2 FCS team?

We talking two different things then. I was talking about end of season playoff seeding, you guys are talking AGS/TSN/Coaches polls. Last year GSU finished #2 in coaches poll but did not get a top 2 seed. I thought EagleCliff was a EWU fan FWIW.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2012, 10:33 AM
NDSU has a fine football program and a great DII history. Frankly, I would expect more from a major research university than bragging about being competitive with a bunch of former teacher college "directional u's" and small private schools but I guess you just couldn't hang consistently with the Gophers, Huskers, and Badgers. The Fargo Dome/airplane hanger would look pretty funny on a Big 10 schedule.

In spite of all that and all the mouth, NDSU fans measure their program against a regional undergrad university in rural Georgia with a miniscule Athletics budget. You guys are awesome

Ah, the moving target, how clever.

One one hand Georgia Southern is one of the most storied football programs in the country, ready for FBS because FCS is so last year.

On the other they are just a little teacher's college who is just barely able to hang with a state university.

I-16Bandit
October 28th, 2012, 10:39 AM
1) Each team has one FCS loss, GSU's loss was to a team far below the team that NDSU lost to.
2) GSU has had to pull out two squeakers against two bad teams (Elon & Chatty), NDSU has one close win against a ranked team

1) We lost on the road by 2. You lost at home by 3.

2) A win is a win. There are no asterisks next to a W.

BisonBohl
October 28th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Ah, the moving target, how clever.

One one hand Georgia Southern is one of the most storied football programs in the country, ready for FBS because FCS is so last year.

On the other they are just a little teacher's college who is just barely able to hang with a state university.

This...play the victim card..its really adoreable.

Gil Dobie
October 28th, 2012, 10:53 AM
First GSU fans claimed they would beat the big slow tansition school from the north, the big slow northern team kicked some butt in Georgia.
Second the triple option has returned and will kick the big slow northern team in their own house, the big slow northern team kicked some butt again.
Third - still waiting for the GSU fans talk to be backup up by their team. ;)

swaghook
October 28th, 2012, 11:00 AM
All I want to see is NDSU at #1 or #2 seed for the play offs(just want home field so we can make it to all the games will take a lesser seed if need be). From there let it be settled on the field.

FargoBison
October 28th, 2012, 11:08 AM

You do realize some computer polls like Sagarin have ISUB ranked higher than GSU and they are going to be a top 15 team in the polls this week. The Citadel doesn't even have a winning record.

For the record as long as NDSU is a top 2 seed I don't really care what our ranking is, I just don't understand this bizarro world that GSU fans live in regarding your loss to The Citadel and our loss to ISUB.

blueballs
October 28th, 2012, 11:21 AM
All I want to see is NDSU at #1 or #2 seed for the play offs(just want home field so we can make it to all the games will take a lesser seed if need be). From there let it be settled on the field.

I echo that sentiment from the GSU perspective.

HandoEX
October 28th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Oh, so a road win by two against a non-ranked team is better than a three point home loss to the #15 team in last week's poll? Read the next part of your quote. Good greif, you literally contradicted your own post a sentence later.

There aren't astericks, but the committee and polls will both recognize struggles against inferior opponents just like they recognize dominant wins over solid teams. Each game is its own seperate entity, not just an egg in the "win basket" or "loss basket".

UNH Fanboi
October 28th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Oh, so a road win by two against a non-ranked team is better than a three point home loss to the #15 team in last week's poll? Read the next part of your quote. Good greif, you literally contradicted your own post a sentence later.

There aren't astericks, but the committee and polls will both recognize struggles against inferior opponents just like they recognize dominant wins over solid teams. Each game is its own seperate entity, not just an egg in the "win basket" or "loss basket".

By Bandit's criteria Lehigh shoul be #1.

totoinfl
October 28th, 2012, 12:47 PM
If I were GSU my concern would be playing such a big physical team the last week of the year like Georgia. The possibilities for injuries piling up right before the playoffs start exist. Georgia can't take the foot off the throttle, they are now in a position to play in the SEC championship game, but need to win and in this case win convincingly to keep any BCS hopes alive as well.

straightshooter
October 28th, 2012, 12:56 PM
If I were GSU my concern would be playing such a big physical team the last week of the year like Georgia. The possibilities for injuries piling up right before the playoffs start exist. Georgia can't take the foot off the throttle, they are now in a position to play in the SEC championship game, but need to win and in this case win convincingly to keep any BCS hopes alive as well.

Coaches and players don't make up the schedule. GSU had Alabama the last game in 2011. It is what it is.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 28th, 2012, 01:12 PM

We'll see after your lose to Georgia.

So, you think you will get a #1 or #2 seed with that late season loss, even though it is against a 1A opponent, over another 9-2 or even 10-1 FCS team that did not have a late season loss?

I guess we'll see.

frozennorth
October 28th, 2012, 01:13 PM

tell that to drake with a straight face.

GSUsTALON
October 28th, 2012, 01:50 PM

Look GSU has played many FBS teams before most from the SEC. I never remember an injury to a key GSU player. As a matter of fact GSU probably causes more bumps, bruises and injures with our cut blocking than we receive.

GSUsTALON
October 28th, 2012, 02:02 PM
We'll see after your lose to Georgia.

So, you think you will get a #1 or #2 seed with that late season loss, even though it is against a 1A opponent, over another 9-2 or even 10-1 FCS team that did not have a late season loss?

I guess we'll see.

Our loss to Oregon State, 41 to 48, did not cost us a spot in the FCS pole. I believe that if we put up points on UGA and its not a complete blow out than it will not effect us much if at all. When we were beating FSU in the 4th quorter and then FSU opened up on us it didnt effect our standings. In reality it doest matter to me if we are 1,2,3, or 4 in the regular season. The playoffs represent a 2nd season against the best FCS has to offer. You have to win or your out. It is a supreme test of your team’s ability to adapt to different styles of play.

frozennorth
October 28th, 2012, 02:08 PM
if ndsu wins out they get the #1 seed, unless gsu beats or almost beats georgia. the #2 seed will come down to GSU and whoever wins the big-sky.

Ga Southern Eagles
October 28th, 2012, 02:13 PM
I would certainly love to face NDSU in Frisco but there is a lot of games to be played. It is far from a lock. I think GSU will be #1 this week but i wouldn't be disappointed if we we remained #2. I am not convinced we are the best yet as we are a young team still trying to put together a starting line up for more than one week in a row. I do hope we end up with one of the top two seeds when it is said and done so we can play at home. or the record i don't see a consistently dominant FCS team this year. NDSU, EW, and SHST have shown they have growing pains as well.

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 02:31 PM
The bISUn are pretty awesome. I don't think we played like a #1 team yesterday, but when push came to shove, we did what we had to do for the W. (unlike earlier in the season, turnovers notwithstanding.)

I don't care if we are #1, #2, or lower. We showed heart. We stuck it out. We came together when it mattered most against a tough opponent. That says a lot about a team. Provided we can get healthy, I think we will be a serious threat. Just seems like injuries are stacking up.

Odd thing about yesterday's bISUn and Eagles games. GSU and the bISUN gave up 'approximately' their average yards per game on D, but both gave up more points than average.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2012, 03:09 PM
The bISUn are pretty awesome. I don't think we played like a #1 team yesterday, but when push came to shove, we did what we had to do for the W. (unlike earlier in the season, turnovers notwithstanding.)

I don't care if we are #1, #2, or lower. We showed heart. We stuck it out. We came together when it mattered most against a tough opponent. That says a lot about a team. Provided we can get healthy, I think we will be a serious threat. Just seems like injuries are stacking up.

Odd thing about yesterday's bISUn and Eagles games. GSU and the bISUN gave up 'approximately' their average yards per game on D, but both gave up more points than average.

The Bison game score can be easily explained. Defense still is less than 9 ppg and 200 yds.

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 03:11 PM
The Bison game score can be easily explained. Defense still is less than 9 ppg and 200 yds.

I don't give a **** if you can explain it, it was just an observation.

But explain away tool...

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 03:14 PM

Also, I will do the numbers tomorrow, but I am also pretty sure that thus far, your opponents still have lost far more games than they have won (18-36 last time I checked) and fairly anemic offensive numbers as well.

frozennorth
October 28th, 2012, 03:15 PM

continue ripping on NDSU for losing to the 7-2 sycamores, I'm sure it helps ease the sting of your loss to a 4-5 team.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2012, 03:18 PM
I don't give a **** if you can explain it, it was just an observation.

But explain away tool...

I will.

SIU fumbled on the opening drive but was given the ball anyway. A drive that was extended twice because of terrible calls by the officials. Brock's fumble was legit, nothing to say about that.

This is the best defense in the country, bar none.

Bison Fan in NW MN
Our loss to Oregon State, 41 to 48, did not cost us a spot in the FCS pole. I believe that if we put up points on UGA and its not a complete blow out than it will not effect us much if at all. When we were beating FSU in the 4th quorter and then FSU opened up on us it didnt effect our standings. In reality it doest matter to me if we are 1,2,3, or 4 in the regular season. The playoffs represent a 2nd season against the best FCS has to offer. You have to win or your out. It is a supreme test of your team’s ability to adapt to different styles of play.

Ya, I agree.

IMO, 1 or 2 doesn't really matter much cus each seed has all home games if they keep winning until the finals. Good teams are in both brackets.

gsu2583
Turn the ball over enough, and even the Citadel can beat you. The bISUn know this from experience against GSU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 28th, 2012, 03:21 PM
I will.

SIU fumbled on the opening drive but was given the ball anyway. A drive that was extended twice because of terrible calls by the officials. Brock's fumble was legit, nothing to say about that.

This is the best defense in the country, bar none.

Agreed

If you take away the 3 Xmas presents our offense gave to ISU and SIU, teams are averaging 6.8 points against our defense........then take away 2 TDs against our 3rd string defense.....pretty impressive so far this year.

frozennorth
October 28th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Turn the ball over enough, and even the Citadel can beat you. The bISUn know this from experience against GSU.

pretty sure you already got schooled on this issue once.

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Agreed

If you take away the 3 Xmas presents our offense gave to ISU and SIU, teams are averaging 6.8 points against our defense........then take away 2 TDs against our 3rd string defense.....pretty impressive so far this year.

So is this where I need to go back and make adjustments to OUR defensive numbers based off of points on turnovers or trash time? Freakin' weak to make that statement.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2012, 03:26 PM
So is this where I need to go back and make adjustments to OUR defensive numbers based off of points on turnovers or trash time? Freakin' weak to make that statement.

Well I remember very vividly the last GSU/NDSU thread and that got awfully quiet around gametime.

straightshooter
October 28th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Agreed

Unfortunately you can't take them away. This is a team game, not just a defensive game. You could say the same thing about GSU's offense and the number of turnovers they've given opponents in the red zone. Wish we could take those away too, but you can't.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 28th, 2012, 03:28 PM

I was just pointing out that our #1 defense has not had many points scored against it. Yes, those others do count against the team defensive #s.....just an interesting tid-bit I was pointing out.

frozennorth
October 28th, 2012, 03:32 PM
I love that gsu mass-produces turnovers, then some fans use it as an excuse when they lose as if it were a fluke thing.

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Well I remember very vividly the last GSU/NDSU thread and that got awfully quiet around gametime.

And what does that have to do with "adjusting" defensive numbers, like your boy just did. There are no adjustments, just what you do on the field. Another weak argument, based on something that happened last year and not this season.

Listen, I understand if you want to tout your defensive stats against crap teams with weak offensives. AND, I already said in another thread that if that holds true through THIS year's playoffs then great for you, rub our noses in it, you'll have earned it.

But until then, with regard to GSU, say what you want about our loss to El Cid, and a 3OT win against Chatty, we learned what it takes to win in a fight. The bISUn (like GSU in one game) have fallen flat on their faces, but not learned how to win against adversity.

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I was just pointing out that our #1 defense has not had many points scored against it. Yes, those others do count against the team defensive #s.....just an interesting tid-bit I was pointing out.

Again, your #1 defense has faced teams with cumulative losing record, and an average offensive rank of 80th or worse.

frozennorth
October 28th, 2012, 03:36 PM
And what does that have to do with "adjusting" defensive numbers, like your boy just did. There are no adjustments, just what you do on the field. Another weak argument, based on something that happened last year and not this season.

Listen, I understand if you want to tout your defensive stats against crap teams with weak offensives. AND, I already said in another thread that if that holds true through THIS year's playoffs then great for you, rub our noses in it, you'll have earned it.

But until then, with regard to GSU, say what you want about our loss to El Cid, and a 3OT win against Chatty, we learned what it takes to win in a fight. The bISUn (like GSU in one game) have fallen flat on their faces, but not learned how to win against adversity.

what do you call yesterdays games then, where ndsu came back from 7 down to pound siu in the 4th?

as for the MFVC, all I can say is sorry for playing defense.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Again, your #1 defense has faced teams with cumulative losing record, and an average offensive rank of 80th or worse.

Please tell me how the Elons and Western Carolinas are tearing it up.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 28th, 2012, 03:38 PM

Oh, ya, need I forgot how GSU has run the 'gauntlet' against the cream of the crop of the FCS....continue.....

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 03:38 PM
what do you call yesterdays games then, where ndsu came back from 7 down to pound siu in the 4th?

as for the MFVC, all I can say is sorry for playing defense.

So you consider coming back from 7 points down "adversity?" Wow...

frozennorth
October 28th, 2012, 03:39 PM
So you consider coming back from 7 points down "adversity?" Wow...

are you like the georgia southern equivalent of mplsbison?

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 03:40 PM

My last count had our opponent's cumulative record at 27-26 (NDSU's at 18-36) and the average offensive rank we faced was 47 (can't remember precisely.) Western drags ALL those numbers down significantly.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2012, 03:40 PM
are you like the georgia southern equivalent of mplsbison?

Nope, he's a good old fashioned Decembrist, just like all the Sammy posters last year.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2012, 03:42 PM
My last count had our opponent's cumulative record at 27-26 (NDSU's at 18-36) and the average offensive rank we faced was 47 (can't remember precisely.) Western drags ALL those numbers down significantly.

How much does the Pioneer's Jacksonville pump it up?

Vitojr130
October 28th, 2012, 03:42 PM

LOLOLOLOL The MVFC gets no love even though it is ranked the 1st out of all FCS conferences in EVERY SINGLE POLL.

And what do you call our win against SIU yesterday? I believe we were down until the 4th quarter...

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 03:44 PM
LOLOLOLOL The MVFC gets no love even though it is ranked the 1st out of all FCS conferences in EVERY SINGLE POLL.

And what do you call our win against SIU yesterday? I believe we were down until the 4th quarter...

Again? Coming back from 7 points down is adversity? There has GOT to be snow and ice in the ears of NDSU fans. You really either can't listen, or don't want to listen.

frozennorth
October 28th, 2012, 03:44 PM
How much does the Pioneer's Jacksonville pump it up?

it seems that the difference here is the GSU's creampuff beat some other terrible teams, while NDSU's creampuffs did not. carry on.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 28th, 2012, 03:45 PM

....just like like last year when GSU was going to kick our *sses in the playoffs.

I hope NDSU gets matched up with GSU, if we make the playoffs again this year.....another W for the Bison.

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 03:46 PM
it seems that the difference here is the GSU's creampuff beat some other terrible teams, while NDSU's creampuffs did not. carry on.

AHA! So by that rationale, stats are worthless? Should they be weighted then? Obviously not. Now, stop talking about being #1 or having the #1 defense. You just undercut yourself idiot.

frozennorth
October 28th, 2012, 03:49 PM
AHA! So by that rationale, stats are worthless? Should they be weighted then? Obviously not. Now, stop talking about being #1 or having the #1 defense. You just undercut yourself idiot.

xsmhx

you are a blight on GSU's posting roster.

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 03:50 PM
xsmhx

you are a blight on GSU's posting roster.

No one cares except you, sweetheart. :)

sgt smash
October 28th, 2012, 03:50 PM
This is awesome. We arent even playing each other and its this ugly.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 28th, 2012, 03:52 PM
This is awesome. We arent even playing each other and its this ugly.

Go back and look at the playoff thread from last year.....very entertaining.

jim121256
October 28th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Personally, given how number one has fared the last two meetings between GSU and App State, I'd rather you guys have the honor for now. Besides, the only number one that matters is the number one at the end of the year.

sgt smash
October 28th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Go back and look at the playoff thread from last year.....very entertaining.

Oh that was great. I hope the stars align just right and we can have that same matchup one round later this year.

straightshooter
October 28th, 2012, 03:56 PM

Similar to how Robert Morris and Prairie View are tearing it up...

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Oh that was great. I hope the stars align just right and we can have that same matchup one round later this year.

Me too. If we played tomorrow, NDSU would have their way with us (again.) At the semis or quarters, not so sure, we are getting better as the season progresses (knock on wood.)

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Similar to how Robert Morris and Prairie View are tearing it up...

True, NDSU has played FIVE teams with losing records. Only Indiana State and Southern Illinois have winning records. YSU is 50/50.

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 04:15 PM
SIX if you include upcoming Missouri State. SDSU and Illinois State have winning records and close out that season. So if nothing else it should be interesting. Between the TWO winning teams NDSU has faced, they lost to one by 3 points, and beat the other by 6 points. I am curious to see how the last two games on the NDSU schedule go.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 28th, 2012, 04:18 PM
SIX if you include upcoming Missouri State. SDSU and Illinois State have winning records and close out that season. So if nothing else it should be interesting. Between the TWO winning teams NDSU has faced, the lost to one by 3 points, and beat the other by 6 points. I am curious to see how the last two games on the NDSU schedule go.

The Valley is a meat-grinder every week. It is a physical conference in which any team can beat another on any given saturday. All three games that the Bison will play to finish the season will be tough.

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 04:20 PM
The Valley is a meat-grinder every week. It is a physical conference in which any team can beat another on any given saturday. All three games that the Bison will play to finish the season will be tough.

As I said in another thread, NOW NDSU and GSU get into the meat of their schedules, and more pertinent conclusions can be drawn.

SuperEagle
October 28th, 2012, 04:41 PM
I consider it a huge compliment that the Bison fans spend more time bragging about beating us than they do winning the National Title. I have read many posts about that since last season. Kudos to my alma mater for being so good that beating us in the semis is a bigger deal than winning the whole thing!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2012, 04:45 PM
I consider it a huge compliment that the Bison fans spend more time bragging about beating us than they do winning the National Title. I have read many posts about that since last season. Kudos to my alma mater for being so good that beating us in the semis is a bigger deal than winning the whole thing!!!

Get over yourself. We merely need to put the jumped up Eagle fans who are living off of decades old glory in your place.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 28th, 2012, 04:47 PM

LOL.....go with that there buddy!!!

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 04:51 PM
LOL.....go with that there buddy!!!

At least when we won our 6 national championships, no one ever sent the banner to GaState.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2012, 04:53 PM
At least when we won our 6 national championships, no one ever sent the banner to GaState.

Because it's been so long, Georgia State didn't exist. Were you even born yet?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 28th, 2012, 04:55 PM

Did G State even have a FB program when the Eagles won their last championship?

I laughed when it happened...typical NCAA....their cluster**ck!!

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Because it's been so long, Georgia State didn't exist. Were you even born yet?

I witnessed all 6. And that, my uneducated friend, was a "hyperbole." Much like your arguments about this season's NDSU defense. What else would I have gone with there? Valdosta St?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2012, 05:09 PM
I witnessed all 6. And that, my uneducated friend, was a "hyperbole." Much like your arguments about this season's NDSU defense. What else would I have gone with there? Valdosta St?

Ah, that explains it. GSU won 6 championships in the first 15 years and 0 in the last 12. You must be remembering how good they USED to be.

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Ah, that explains it. GSU won 6 championships in the first 15 years and 0 in the last 12. You must be remembering how good they USED to be.

Every single one of them was great. And regardless of not winning one since 2000, until NDSU has an FCS playoff record like us, you haven't proven anything. You are officially JMU.

sgt smash
October 28th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Every single one of them was great. And regardless of not winning one since 2000, until NDSU has an FCS playoff record like us, you haven't proven anything. You are officially JMU.

Using that logic, Alabama has alot to prove to Princeton and Yale as they have 28 and 26 championships at college football's highest level compared to Alabama's measly 14.

frozennorth
October 28th, 2012, 05:23 PM
I bet everyone is really looking forward to a decade of dick swinging contests between GSU and NDSU fans.

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Using that logic, Alabama has alot to prove to Princeton and Yale as they have 28 and 26 championships at college football's highest level compared to Alabama's measly 14.

Hey, even some of Alabama's 14 are disputed at the "highest level." Semantics are semantics.

frozennorth
October 28th, 2012, 05:25 PM

IMO, GSU was the worst of the four teams NDSU played in the playoffs.

Professor Chaos
October 28th, 2012, 05:29 PM
xlolx You must be referring to NDSU's .857 playoff winning percentage.

Two years ago, it was "until you've made the playoffs you haven't proven anything", last year it was "until you've won a conference/national title you haven't proven anything". Now it's "until you've won multiple national titles you haven't proven anything". Soon I envison it being "until you've won more than 3 national titles with the first being longer than 10 years before the last, and have had at least 4 Payton award winners, and have beaten a top 25 FBS team, and have placed more than 1 player in the NFL every year for the last 5, you haven't proven anything".

The reality is that the 2012 NDSU Bison have proven just as much as the 2012 GSU Eagles, which is that they're both national title contending teams. Arguing over who's #1 makes for good, if tedious, discussion but both teams can stake a legitimate claim to it and I imagine that when the polls come out tomorrow it'll be very close between #1 and #2.

No_Skill
October 28th, 2012, 05:38 PM
....just like like last year when GSU was going to kick our *sses in the playoffs.

I hope NDSU gets matched up with GSU, if we make the playoffs again this year.....another W for the Bison.

I hope gsu gets matched with isu blue...

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 05:39 PM

Two years ago, it was "until you've made the playoffs you haven't proven anything", last year it was "until you've won a conference/national title you haven't proven anything". Now it's "until you've won multiple national titles you haven't proven anything". Soon I envison it being "until you've won more than 3 national titles with the first being longer than 10 years before the last, and have had at least 4 Payton award winners, and have beaten a top 25 FBS team, and have placed more than 1 player in the NFL every year for the last 5, you haven't proven anything".

The reality is that the 2012 NDSU Bison have proven just as much as the 2012 GSU Eagles, which is that they're both national title contending teams. Arguing over who's #1 makes for good, if tedious, discussion but both teams can stake a legitimate claim to it and I imagine that when the polls come out tomorrow it'll be very close between #1 and #2.

You have 5 freakin' wins in the FCS playoffs. You entered FCS in 2004, didn't get into the playoffs till 2010. I give a ****. You need to display some sort of sustained, continuous level of playoff success before you make that kind of argument.

Twentysix
October 28th, 2012, 05:39 PM
You have 5 freakin' wins in the FCS playoffs. You entered FCS in 2008, didn't get into the playoffs till 2010. I give a ****. You need to display some sort of sustained, continuous level of playoff success before you make that kind of argument.

FIFY, obviously our 10-1 with an FBS win season in '06 and 10-1 with 2 FBS wins season in '07 kept us out of the playoffs cause they werent up to snuff.

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 05:42 PM
God forbid, Wiki has u moving up to FCS in 2004.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Dakota_State_Bison

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2012, 05:43 PM
FIFY, obviously our 10-1 with an FBS win season in '06 and 10-1 with 2 FBS wins season in '07 kept us out of the playoffs cause they werent up to snuff.

Yes, a big difference of playoff eligibility. If they had been eligible since 2004, they would have had 2 more playoff appearances at least and that's only because in 04 and 05 they could only get 6 DI wins without a conference affiliation.

ITmonarch10
October 28th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Can we lock this thread already? Big surprise here, a thread started by Lakebison is turning into a pile of ****.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Can we lock this thread already? Big surprise here, a thread started by Lakebison is turning into a pile of ****.

Threads don't get locked because they get dumb. This is pretty fun actually.

frozennorth
October 28th, 2012, 05:45 PM
You have 5 freakin' wins in the FCS playoffs. You entered FCS in 2004, didn't get into the playoffs till 2010. I give a ****. You need to display some sort of sustained, continuous level of playoff success before you make that kind of argument.

i submit the 60's, 70's, 80's and portions of the 90's and of course the last decade. And before you go with some snide D2 comment, the programs NDSU was thrashing back then are mostly up a division, in conferences that declined to invite GSU.

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 05:47 PM
i submit the 60's, 70's, 80's and portions of the 90's and of course the last decade. And before you go with some snide D2 comment, the programs NDSU was thrashing back then are mostly up a division, in conferences that declined to invite GSU.

So, your fans rag us out for not winning a championship since 2000, and then want me to respect your wins in the 1960s? FOD you idiots.

No_Skill
October 28th, 2012, 05:49 PM

Funny thing is that he's not the one tossing out insults. That gsu fella seems to like calling posters idiots for having opposing viewpoints. Serious weaksauce IMHO.

frozennorth
October 28th, 2012, 05:50 PM
So, you fans rag us out for not winning a championship since 2000, and then want me to respect your wins in the 1960s? FOD you idiots.

^^^national championships.

when GSU has the sort of continued, sustained success over 50 years that ndsu has, i'll start taking you seriously. Until then you are a flash in the pan.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2012, 05:50 PM
So, you fans rag us out for not winning a championship since 2000, and then want me to respect your wins in the 1960s? FOD you idiots.

Nope, simply applying your paradigm. As for all of your smack talk, we've heard it before. GSU has gone against NDSU twice in the FCS era and is still looking for its first win. Good thing they bought out the other game or it might be 0-3

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Funny thing is that he's not the one tossing out insults. That gsu fella seems to like calling posters idiots for having opposing viewpoints. Serious weaksauce IMHO.

I call people idiots for using double standards, dick.

Twentysix
October 28th, 2012, 05:52 PM

You are inviting a world of red. It is not in your best interest.

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Nope, simply applying your paradigm. As for all of your smack talk, we've heard it before. GSU has gone against NDSU twice in the FCS era and is still looking for its first win. Good thing they bought out the other game or it might be 0-3

My 'paradigm,' in this argument is that to date, THIS SEASON, the bISUn have inflated defensive numbers from playing crap opponents thus far. It digresses into this type of stuff when bravado comes too much into play.

Twentysix
October 28th, 2012, 05:54 PM
My 'paradigm,' in this argument is that to date, THIS SEASON, the bISUn have inflated defensive numbers from playing the strongest conference in the FCS. It digresses into this type of stuff when bravado comes too much into play.

FIFY

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 05:54 PM
You are inviting a world of red. It is not in your best interest.

I care because why? I have a family that loves me and a team that I love. I give a **** about your approval or disapproval.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 28th, 2012, 05:55 PM
My 'paradigm,' in this argument is that to date, THIS SEASON, the bISUn have inflated defensive numbers from playing crap opponents thus far. It digresses into this type of stuff when bravado comes too much into play.

That might hold water if it wasn't basically the same personnel and schemes as last year when 3 of the top 5 offenses came up seriously wanting against it, including Jaybo and company.

No_Skill
October 28th, 2012, 05:55 PM

Stay classy gsu fan.

Professor Chaos
October 28th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Make what argument? You thew out a pot shot about some NCAA intern sending a championship banner to Grand Forks then you try to make it sound like we are all claiming NDSU is the most prestigious FCS program in the country. My .857 winning % was meant in jest to point out the fact that there's always going to be the "you haven't proven anything" crowd yammering about something or other the team hasn't accomplished.

NDSU has been eligible for the FCS championship for 4 years (this would be the 5th year) and they've made the playoffs twice (winning 6 of 7 games) and won a national title. That's a pretty good start.

NDSU has played a stronger schedule than Georgia Southern according to Sagarin's SOS ratings. But I'm sure your elite football mind's opinion of SOS is much more accurate than facts are.

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 05:57 PM
That might hold water if it wasn't basically the same personnel and schemes as last year when 3 of the top 5 offenses came up seriously wanting against it, including Jaybo and company.

See! Ok, that is a LEGIT response. Personally, I think we are weaker on O this year, but BETTER on D. I can deal with 'smack' like this. But still, I know your conference is SOOOO strong and all, but facing 6 losing teams a year doesn't mean much until the playoffs.

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Ok, here's a thought. Let's pretend that both NDSU and GSU get top seeds in their brackets. They win out until we have to play each other. You don't think one of these teams is going to come into the game with a chip on its shoulder, while the other thinks "Oh, we did this last year?"

No_Skill
October 28th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Ok, here's a thought. Let's pretend that both NDSU and GSU get top seeds in their brackets. They win out until we have to play each other. You don't think one of these teams is going to come into the game with a chip on its shoulder, while the other thinks "Oh, we did this last year?"

I truly hope that comes to pass.

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 06:07 PM
I truly hope that comes to pass.

Me too. In that situation, who do you favor? The 'been-there-done-that' team who had to play mostly against losers, or the 'angry-at-last-year' team who has had to fight and claw for everything it's got?

LakesBison
October 28th, 2012, 06:08 PM
OOPS I did it again...... did I start this thread? hehe

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Me too. In that situation, who do you favor? The 'been-there-done-that' team who had play mostly against losers, or the 'angry-at-last-year' team who has had to fight and claw for everything it's got?

Using that line of thinking I hope Lehigh gets another shot at NDSU in the playoffs.....

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Using that line of thinking I hope Lehigh gets another shot at NDSU in the playoffs.....

I think the next three games for NDSU will be a good indicator as to how they fare in the playoffs, good or bad.

HensRock
October 28th, 2012, 06:13 PM
The record won't be viewed as 9-2. It'll be 9-1.

I really don't know where anyone got the idea that FBS losses do not count in the eyes of the selection committee. They DO.
All Division I games count. The only games which do not count are Non-Div-I Wins.

frozennorth
October 28th, 2012, 06:15 PM
The 'been-there-done-that' team who had play mostly against losers

good god. NDSU played several teams better than the best team GSU has played, and NDSU has a higher ranked sos despite GSU not having played its end of year creampuff yet.

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 06:15 PM
I guess it doesn't help my opinion of NDSU fans that last year I was traveling between southern California and Las Vegas. Ran into a couple of people wearing NDSU gear at a McDonalds. Came up to them to congratulate them on the championship and told them I was a GSU alum. They were total dicks to me. Didn't say more than three words, other than "thanks, we know."

No_Skill
October 28th, 2012, 06:16 PM
I think the next three games for NDSU will be a good indicator as to how they fare in the playoffs, good or bad.

That's one thing we can agree on.

gsu2583
good god. NDSU played several teams better than the best team GSU has played, and NDSU has a higher ranked sos despite GSU not having played its end of year creampuff yet.

This year or last? Because if you think it's this year..... Hahahahahahahahahahaha

BisonBacker

Both GSU and NDSU have great teams. But man you sure seem obsessed about NDSU!

No_Skill
October 28th, 2012, 06:18 PM
I guess it doesn't help my opinion of NDSU fans that last year I was traveling between southern California and Las Vegas. Ran into a couple of people wearing NDSU gear at a McDonalds. Came up to them to congratulate them on the championship and told them I was a GSU alum. They were total dicks to me. Didn't say more than three words, other than "thanks, we know."

That's a shame. I'll do my best to not let you ruin my high regard for gsu.

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Both GSU and NDSU have great teams. But man you sure seem obsessed about NDSU!

A bit, yes. I don't have a problem admitting that. We played like crap last year, and NDSU played well. I want to see us get another shot. Nothing wrong with that. But part of me thinks this year NDSU will screw up before we get to them.

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 06:21 PM
That's a shame. I'll do my best to not let you ruin my high regard for gsu.

Meh, a message board is one thing. In person is another. I guess I expect people to be a little more magnanimous when someone congratulates them on their accolades. At Mickey D's no less...

BisonBacker
October 28th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Sorry but the best team we faced last year in the playoffs excluding SHSU in the championship game was JMU. You wouldn't have beaten them either.

LakesBison
October 28th, 2012, 06:22 PM
so there are 10-15 NDSU fans on here vs 1 lil ol gsu fan?

ok, this is overkill, love the "gay" comment on my rep too gsu2583 stay classy.

this is a mismatch, feels like almost 35 ndsu fans vs 7 gsu fans. < pun intended.

i better stop posting in it to give them a fighting chance

BisonBacker
October 28th, 2012, 06:24 PM

Best post of the thread so far.

BisonBacker
October 28th, 2012, 06:26 PM
A bit, yes. I don't have a problem admitting that. We played like crap last year, and NDSU played well. I want to see us get another shot. Nothing wrong with that. But part of me thinks this year NDSU will screw up before we get to them.

Oh so now it's you played like crap and had nothing to do with NDSU's Defense that SHUTDOWN every opposing offense in the playoffs?

frozennorth
October 28th, 2012, 06:27 PM
This year or last? Because if you think it's this year..... Hahahahahahahahahahaha
sagarin:
NDSU opp: 53.90( 163)
GSU opp: 50.66( 176)

furthermore, if you head here (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?121657-Sagarin-through-10-27), you will note that NDSU has currently played 2, 8, 9 and 18, and will add 10 and 16 in the next three weeks. GSU has played #15, and they are the only current top25 FCS team you will play.

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 06:28 PM
so there are 10-15 NDSU fans on here vs 1 lil ol gsu fan?
ok, this is overkill, love the "gay" comment on my rep too gsu2583 stay classy.
this is a mismatch, feels like almost 35 ndsu fans vs 7 gsu fans. < pun intended.
i better stop posting in it to give them a fighting chance

We started our program against the odds, we always have that mentality, regardless of our record or accomplishments. If I have to wage a one-man-GD-war and fight for what I think, I will outlast everyone of you. Not out of animosity or hatred, but out of practice.

frozennorth
October 28th, 2012, 06:29 PM
I feel bad for the rest of the GSU fans here, everyone ganging up on their village idiot and being forced to rag on GSU in the process.

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Oh so now it's you played like crap and had nothing to do with NDSU's Defense that SHUTDOWN every opposing offense in the playoffs?

Made this argument before in another thread. 3 turnovers and, one of them was a 14 point swing. Yeah, remember what your last girlfriend said, "It's not you, it's me."

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 28th, 2012, 06:30 PM
We started our program against the odds, we always have that mentality, regardless of our record or accomplishments. If I have to wage a one-man-GD-war and fight for what I think, I will outlast everyone of you. Not out of animosity or hatred, but out of practice.

Go for it.....you're a legend in your own mind.....

frozennorth
October 28th, 2012, 06:31 PM

I think you are living testament to the old saying 'never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience'

darell1976
October 28th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Since we aren't supposed to reveal our ballot until the polls are released tomorrow afternoon...NDSU fans will like mine.xnodx

frozennorth
October 28th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Made this argument before in another thread. 3 turnovers and, one of them was a 14 point swing. Yeah, remember what your last girlfriend said, "It's not you, it's me."

and as we have covered before with you, at least one of those turnovers was forced, because your receiver got lit up.

Stop blaming turnovers, your team has been mass-producing them for at least the last two seasons.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 28th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Since we aren't supposed to reveal our ballot until the polls are released tomorrow afternoon...NDSU fans will like mine.xnodx

Where do you have UND ranked?

darell1976
October 28th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Where do you have UND ranked?

Right around....50 or so.

BisonBacker
October 28th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Wow I guess when your argument is so weak *ssed you have to resort to sophmoric retarded comments. Good on you keep fighting the good fight. Really how old are you? 13 or 14?

frozennorth
October 28th, 2012, 06:37 PM
leave darrell alone, I like anyone who has even the most remote inkling for UND football wants to vomit after that abomination yesterday, myself included. NDSU fans better hope mussman doesn't get fired, the guy is god's give to NDSU at this point.

Bison Fan in NW MN
Right around....50 or so.

50?

Didn't Muss think UND went 'toe-to-toe' with MSU?........btw....I'm just messin with ya....

IMO, IDK if Muss is the answer for UND.

gsu2583
Go for it.....you're a legend in your own mind.....

I think you are living testament to the old saying 'never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience'

Just remember, Jackholes, WE have nothing to defend or prove this year. YOU DO. We lost to the FCS and FBS champions last year. When you lose, who will it be to? Another ISU?

frozennorth
October 28th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Just remember, Jackholes, WE have nothing to defend or prove this year. YOU DO. We lost to the FCS and FBS champions last year. When you lose, who will it be to? Another ISU?

If you're going to lose, it might as well be to #2.

REMEMBER THE CITADEL!

totoinfl
October 28th, 2012, 06:39 PM
2583 I tend to pull for GSU when they aren't playing the Bison or Navy...you might just get me to reconsider. I have found the majority (that means more than half) of your own fans said you got owned by the Bison D last year and in fact aren't jumping up and down to get another shot. So forget last year and focus on the balance of schedule before you have play a road game at StonyBrook to open the playoffs.

darell1976
October 28th, 2012, 06:40 PM
50?

Didn't Muss think UND went 'toe-to-toe' with MSU?........btw....I'm just messin with ya....

IMO, IDK if Muss is the answer for UND.

I know. Muss isn't the answer, I think UND needs to look outside their school for coaches. Start hitting other FCS or FBS teams with people with head coaching experience.

TheRevSFA
October 28th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Personally, I think the top 5 should be Montana St, Georgia Southern, N Dakota St, Sam Houston, Eastern Washington

Sam isn't a top 5 team. However UCA should be top 10

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 06:41 PM
If you're going to lose, it might as well be to #2.

REMEMBER THE CITADEL!

bISUn!

frozennorth
October 28th, 2012, 06:45 PM
bISUn!

Remember when you were bitching about other people having double standards? Pushing this ISU-B angle, who will likely finish with the same record as GSU, only makes you look worse, and your argument weaker.

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Remember when you were bitching about other people having double standards? Pushing this ISU-B angle, who will likely finish with the same record as GSU, only makes you look worse, and your argument weaker.

Is that a guess, or do you have some reasoning to back that up? Expound please...

straightshooter
October 28th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Still a lot of football to be played boys.....

BisonBabe
October 28th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Still a lot of football to be played boys.....

Correct and all the chest thumping won't change anything.

frozennorth
October 28th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Is that a guess, or do you have some reasoning to back that up? Expound please...

gsu wins against app and howard, and loses to UG. 9-2

indiana state beats illinois state and ysu, and finishes 9-2.

this was difficult, but I'm glad i can help you out.

Professor Chaos
October 28th, 2012, 06:55 PM
And here I thought all the 2011 "Decembrists" were from SHSU...

da_Bison
October 28th, 2012, 07:14 PM

Not necessarily true, NDSU historically puts it in a whole new gear come playoff time, and if we do happen to lose again in reg. season, I'd feel sorry for who comes next

JSUBison
October 28th, 2012, 07:17 PM

At this point, I think it's more about GSU not being #1. NDSU at 2-5 I can live with, but 2583 might not if GSU isn't #1.

Gee, I wonder why? xrolleyesx

Might as well drag App State into this to really get this thread going... FACT: If the NCAA didn't screw NDSU out of the playoffs in 2006 and 2007, ASU would not be 3 time Nat'l Champions. They'd be lucky to have one. :p

darell1976
October 28th, 2012, 07:19 PM
At this point, I think it's more about GSU not being #1. NDSU at 2-5 I can live with, but 2583 might not if GSU isn't #1.

Gee, I wonder why? xrolleyesx

Might as well drag App State into this to really get this thread going... FACT: If the NCAA didn't screw NDSU out of the playoffs in 2006 and 2007, ASU would not be 3 time Nat'l Champions. They'd be lucky to have one. :p

Then I don't think he will like my ballot.

Vitojr130
October 28th, 2012, 08:13 PM

Nah, maybe to the Citadel though! I hear they have a tough old team xthumbsupx. You are just beggin' for the banhammer slammin' all them fun names in your posts. Makes me wonder if you are a true GSU fan or if you only like GSU because ASU rejected your application xlolx

DJKyR0
October 28th, 2012, 10:49 PM
We lost to the FCS champions last year.

Never gets old hearing it.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 29th, 2012, 06:52 AM
I obviously disengaged for a while but came back this morning. Remember the last poster that just prattled on and on about the Bison's 1 loss last year and couldn't let it go?

TheFan, is that you?

LakesBison
October 29th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Are we #1 yet ? So the earth keeps rotating around NDSU ? HAHAHA

eaglewithabus
October 29th, 2012, 07:44 AM
I am as big of a GSU fan as you can be, but I am also not afraid to admit that I hope we can avoid another trip to Fargo... I had a great time, but man that was a tough trip.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 29th, 2012, 08:09 AM
I am as big of a GSU fan as you can be, but I am also not afraid to admit that I hope we can avoid another trip to Fargo... I had a great time, but man that was a tough trip.

Your players can take solace in one thing. The turf is softer now. :D

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 29th, 2012, 08:16 AM
NDSU will probably be #1 in my ballot, but there are a few points I'd like to make.

1. We used a different QB in the first three games. We are still undefeated with our current starter.

2. GSU was missing our best player on offense against Chatty, and our best player on defense and starting QB were both gimpy. How would NDSU have fared against a middle-of-the-road conference opponent on the road with a second string running back and Jensen not at 100%? Especially one that has just found its identity on offense?

3. Anyone who thinks NDSU's conference schedule is that much tougher than GSU's is drinking the computer rankings kool-aid. I know people like to talk up their team and conference for beating fourth-rate FBS teams, but that doesn't make you an awesome conference. Using that reasoning seems to have the OVC rated a better conference than the CAA. I know the SoCon hasn't done well against the FBS, but just look at Indiana State. They lost to a bad Indiana team.

Go Apps
October 29th, 2012, 08:19 AM
No GSU gets the nod

TheRevSFA
October 29th, 2012, 08:24 AM
I flipped a coin

Eaglesrus
October 29th, 2012, 08:43 AM
I have a real good feeling about our chances against the Bison, but when it gets down to it I guess we have to just wait until November 10th and see what happens on the field.

straightshooter
October 29th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Your players can take solace in one thing. The turf is softer now. :D

GSU also has a QB who runs a 4.35 rather than one who runs a 4.7. This one turns it up the field when there is the smallest of a seam instead of stretching the play through the pitch and allowing the D to string it out. To properly run the GSU offense, the QB has to be a 100+ yard rushing threat every game. GSU did not have that in 2010 and 2011. Now they do. That puts a different stress on on a defense. Not suggesting that NDSU or any other team can't stop it, but the speed difference in how the offense runs will be very noticeable.

I-16Bandit
October 29th, 2012, 08:55 AM
GSU also has a QB who runs a 4.35 rather than one who runs a 4.7. This one turns it up the field when there is the smallest of a seam instead of stretching the play through the pitch and allowing the D to string it out. To properly run the GSU offense, the QB has to be a 100+ yard rushing threat every game. GSU did not have that in 2010 and 2011. Now they do. That puts a different stress on on a defense. Not suggesting that NDSU or any other team can't stop it, but the speed difference in how the offense runs will be very noticeable.

Oh no.. Don't say the S word to the bizun!!

Even with #1, the game would be very close... And would probably give the advantage to NDSU.

The Eagle's Cliff
October 29th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Oh no.. Don't say the S word to the bizun!!

Even with #1, the game would be very close... And would probably give the advantage to NDSU.

I agree with this. Our offensive problems are due to a very inexperienced and banged up O-Line. We're not sustaining blocks inside or on the perimeter with receivers and A-backs. If the blocking doesn't improve, we'll bow out against the first good defense we face in the playoffs.

The Chatty game had me more worried than App. That's not to say App is an easy game, but their defense has been suspect against the option so far this year and we're at home. Wins against App and the Bison should secure either 1 or 2 seed and home field.

Professor Chaos
October 29th, 2012, 10:04 AM
I have a real good feeling about our chances against the Bison, but when it gets down to it I guess we have to just wait until November 10th and see what happens on the field.
Well, one thing right of the bat that would help your cause is the fact that Colten Heagle is out for the year with an ACL.

cannonballgsu
October 29th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Well, one thing right of the bat that would help your cause is the fact that Colten Heagle is out for the year with an ACL.

He would probably still record two tackles from the sidelines. He was EVERYWHERE.

GATA_Eagles
October 29th, 2012, 10:13 AM

I like our chances there! I never want to hear that man's name in a game again...but best of luck to his recovery

gsu2583
October 29th, 2012, 10:13 AM
He was banged up last year prior to our game (knee?) Same leg? Hate that for anyone to have to go through.

BisonFan02
October 29th, 2012, 10:15 AM
He was banged up last year prior to our game (knee?) Same leg? Hate that for anyone to have to go through.

If you are talking about Heagle, no. He had a broken thumb that had a big cast for the GSU game. Couldn't really wrap up on tackles, but that didn't seem to matter when you hit as hard as he does.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 29th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Just replace Heagle with Dudzik.

Eaglesrus
October 29th, 2012, 10:18 AM

I don't think he would be playing against us on November 10th anyway ;)

BisonFan02
October 29th, 2012, 10:21 AM
If there is on constant for NDSU, it is the fact that teams that are one dimensional on offense (don't really care how much "speed" you have) have a tough time against our D. Heck, Ga Southern had some of their best success last year throwing against NDSU because the Bison committed to taking away the TO. Same goes for passing teams. The Bison D will just pin their ears back on the DL, and let the tampa 2 do the rest (see Lehigh to a point).

deez_na
October 29th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Yeah, good luck with being #1. If you jump us, good for you, but you didn't exactly put up a great game... A win is a win for both of us, but seriously? Beating the salukis? Congrats.

210 more offensive yards and held them to 177 total yards in the game, other than a fumble return for TD and a TD where they clearly fumbled that wouldn't have been a game.

BISON Thunder
October 29th, 2012, 10:24 AM

...and the Bison have much work to do if Frisco is in it's future. Like most teams this time of year, the team is dinged up and "next man up" is now to the third and fourth string at some positions. IMO,to make a playoff run, NDSU will need to truly establish its running game...and this has been on/off thus far this season. The offensive line seems to be improving each week. The defense will keep us in games, but there too I see improvement necessary when the playoffs come around. Losing a couple of the big hitters in the d-backfield makes a difference, and it's on the job training for their replacements. I agree with whoever mentioned it earlier...the next three games will confirm how good the Bison football team is. With improvement every week, the Bison have a good chance to make another run.

Professor Chaos
October 29th, 2012, 10:26 AM
I don't think he would be playing against us on November 10th anyway ;)
Ah! Didn't register.... it's Monday.... and it's early still. Yes, I also like your chances against the Bison (on November 10th).

Eaglesrus
October 29th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Ah! Didn't register.... it's Monday.... and it's early still. Yes, I also like your chances against the Bison (on November 10th).

I'm usually a one game at a time kinda guy, but decided to make an exception here. As far as NDSU goes, I hope we don't have to play y'all til Frisco, if at all. Good luck to y'all til then.

Vitojr130
November 1st, 2012, 12:43 AM
I like our chances there! I never want to hear that man's name in a game again...but best of luck to his recovery

Well you might just have to... NDSU graduates what, 3 starters this year? Heagle is not one of them. He'll be healed up and good to go for next season, no doubt about it. Same with 95% of the other starters...

LakesBison
November 1st, 2012, 10:01 AM
Well, my influence shined through and I got us back to #1 with this thread.....mission accomplished. Can someone scratch my back ? Or pat it ? Haha

Lehigh'98
November 1st, 2012, 10:03 AM
Well, my influence shined through and I got us back to #1 with this thread.....mission accomplished. Can someone scratch my back ? Or pat it ? Haha

Congrats man, you guys are the best ever. No possible chance you get beat ever again until your 3rd year in the Big 10.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 1st, 2012, 10:13 AM
Congrats man, you guys are the best ever. No possible chance you get beat ever again until your 3rd year in the Big 10.

Actually forget that, NDSU is hoping for a Patriot League invite so they never lose a regular season game again.

Twentysix
November 1st, 2012, 10:21 AM
Actually forget that, NDSU is hoping for a Patriot League invite so they never lose a regular season game again.

Maybe as a football affilate only, the patriot leagues research level isn't good enough for NDSU's mission. :\

http://classifications.carnegiefoundation.org/lookup_listings/srp.php?clq=%7B%22basic2005_ids%22%3A%2215%22%7D&start_page=index.php

Maybe as an affilate like georgetown.

I was actually baffled by Lehigh/Lafayette not being on this list, I thought they were good schools.

Not one of the PL's actual members is a very high research university.

That was fun smack and informative!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 1st, 2012, 10:36 AM
Maybe as a football affilate only, the patriot leagues research level isn't good enough for NDSU's mission. :\

http://classifications.carnegiefoundation.org/lookup_listings/srp.php?clq=%7B%22basic2005_ids%22%3A%2215%22%7D&start_page=index.php

Maybe as an affilate like georgetown.

I was actually baffled by Lehigh/Lafayette not being on this list, I thought they were good schools.

Not one of the PL's actual members is a very high research university.

That was fun smack and informative!

Well as far as L&L go, they are smaller, teaching colleges. No sweat there. They simply aren't research universities. That's no big deal. I'll give them a pass on that.

Twentysix
November 1st, 2012, 10:37 AM
Well as far as L&L go, they are smaller, teaching colleges. No sweat there. They simply aren't research universities. That's no big deal. I'll give them a pass on that.

You might, no way the administration would affilate with them. The goal of the current NDUS chancelor is NDSU becoming an AAU member.

LakesBison
November 1st, 2012, 11:03 AM
Mountain west or big 12

Lehigh'98
November 1st, 2012, 12:20 PM
You are more in line with the Ivy league from an academic standpoint. Harvard/Princeton/Cornell are tough though and play outdoors, so you might wanna think twice.

Twentysix
November 1st, 2012, 12:30 PM
You are more in line with the Ivy league from an academic standpoint. Harvard/Princeton/Cornell are tough though and play outdoors, so you might wanna think twice.

Can't give up national championships. Not a private school formed in the 1600's.

Vitojr130
November 1st, 2012, 02:15 PM

>Implying that outdoors on the East Coast is more harsh than in Fargo.

Besides the recent onslaught of a hurricane, there is no way playing outdoors can be considered an advantage for the Ivy League over NDSU... Just sayin'.

Lehigh'98
November 1st, 2012, 02:50 PM
>Implying that outdoors on the East Coast is more harsh than in Fargo.

Besides the recent onslaught of a hurricane, there is no way playing outdoors can be considered an advantage for the Ivy League over NDSU... Just sayin'.

Harsh in Fargo????????? What do they turn the temp down in the dome a few degrees? South Dakota St, now they might have a chance coming into the rugged NE in Nov.

344Johnson
November 1st, 2012, 02:56 PM
Harsh in Fargo????????? What do they turn the temp down in the dome a few degrees? South Dakota St, now they might have a chance coming into the rugged NE in Nov.

Do some research bro. Football team plays inside. Practices outside.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 1st, 2012, 02:58 PM

None of that matters when you play a respectable schedule, get a high seed and only have to play outside in Texas. I was in Flip Flops and shorts that Friday night in Frisco

Lehigh'98
November 1st, 2012, 02:59 PM

Remember bro, I went to Lehigh, its a small teaching college. You guys out der do all the research.

bisonboone11
November 1st, 2012, 03:34 PM

xconfusedx

bisonboone11
November 1st, 2012, 04:07 PM
Remember bro, I went to Lehigh, its a small teaching college. You guys out der do all the research.
Just ask Montana State how the cold weather slowed NDSU down 2 years ago.

Vitojr130
November 1st, 2012, 04:52 PM

See below. They play inside for 3 hours on average every other week (home games vs. away games not in domes). They practice outside for 15 hours per week, no matter the weather conditions. I distinctly remember a storm that brought 10 inches of snow a few years back and saw the team outside in the blizzard practicing and it was only 10 degrees out. Your argument does NOT stand here.

SportsLover
November 1st, 2012, 04:56 PM
See below. They play inside for 3 hours on average every other week (home games vs. away games not in domes). They practice outside for 15 hours per week, no matter the weather conditions. I distinctly remember a storm that brought 10 inches of snow a few years back and saw the team outside in the bliyzzard practicing and it was only 10 degrees out. Your argument does NOT stand here.

Yeah i remember that i wanna say it was the week of practices before the Montana State game

No_Skill
November 1st, 2012, 05:26 PM
Yeah i remember that i wanna say it was the week of practices before the Montana State game

Monday practice before that game:

http://www.inforum.com/media/full/jpg/2010/11/29/1130bisonfb.jpg

http://www.inforum.com/media/full/jpg/2010/11/29/1130bisonprac.jpg

I remember it wasn't a ton of snow but it was pretty windy that day and it couldn't have been very cold since some of players are wearing shorts...probably only in the teens.

Vitojr130
November 1st, 2012, 06:20 PM
Monday practice before that game:

http://www.inforum.com/media/full/jpg/2010/11/29/1130bisonfb.jpg

http://www.inforum.com/media/full/jpg/2010/11/29/1130bisonprac.jpg

I remember it wasn't a ton of snow but it was pretty windy that day and it couldn't have been very cold since some of players are wearing shorts...probably only in the teens.

Yup I remember that now. It wasn't TOOO snowy, but with the temp and winds it felt like a blizzard. I remember trying to drive from the Niskanen Expansion to Arby's on 12th and it was so icy I could barely get up onto the 12th ave. bridge.

Regardless, to compare east coast weather to Fargo weather is absolutely retarded.

How did this become a pissing match about weather anyway?

Lehigh'98
November 1st, 2012, 06:23 PM
How did this become a pissing match about weather anyway?[/QUOTE]

Failure to recognize sarcasm

No_Skill
November 1st, 2012, 06:54 PM
How did this become a pissing match about weather anyway?

Failure to recognize sarcasm[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm can be hard to pick up on in text form... especially if you aren't familliar with the writer.

Lehigh'98
November 1st, 2012, 07:33 PM
I know but a 23 page post about ndsu back at 1. Jeez

frozennorth
November 1st, 2012, 07:34 PM
I know but a 23 page post about ndsu back at 1. Jeez
anyone notice that this guy is also a decembrist?

Bisonator
November 1st, 2012, 07:37 PM
Polls schmolls... who gives a rip right now? Ask me in three weeks! GO BISON!!!

Lehigh'98
November 1st, 2012, 08:01 PM
Good luck, hope to see you again this year.