PDA

View Full Version : Official GSU vs App st thread

Pages : [1] 2

gsueagle2424
October 27th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Conference championship on the line for GSU. Hopefully we will have Swope back for this game. Time to GATA Eagles!

O ya CrApp st inhales vigorously xnodx

theasushow
October 27th, 2012, 09:27 PM
I can smell Paulson already...

GATA_Eagles
October 27th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Looks like it may get back into the 80s for this game! Gnats should be ferocious!

eaglewraith
October 27th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Looks like it may get back into the 80s for this game! Gnats should be ferocious!

Oh lord please no. I want some actual football weather.

cbarrier90
October 27th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Conference championship on the line for GSU. Hopefully we will have Swope back for this game. Time to GATA Eagles!

O ya CrApp st inhales vigorously xnodx

GSU should win this game by multiple scores...

Yeah, I got nothin'...

Baldy
October 27th, 2012, 11:22 PM
I can smell Paulson already...
Yes, you're just smelling another Eagle victory! xthumbsupx

asujch
October 28th, 2012, 12:03 AM
If JJ's injury today keeps him out next week we could be in for a LONG afternoon. Hallock was great in reserve today, but GSU's D is a bit better than western's

seantaylor
October 28th, 2012, 12:49 AM
GSU was missing a bunch of players today, but Swope is such a big loss. And I imagine if Brown was healthy he would have switched to bback to get the start. I didn't see Antwione Williams out there either, but may have missed it with that garbage of a feed Chatty calls their own.

Apphole
October 28th, 2012, 02:13 AM
**** the stink.

I'll be there. Apps win by 5

GATA_OneMoreTime
October 28th, 2012, 04:14 AM
GSU was missing a bunch of players today, but Swope is such a big loss. And I imagine if Brown was healthy he would have switched to bback to get the start. I didn't see Antwione Williams out there either, but may have missed it with that garbage of a feed Chatty calls their own.

Swope will definitely be back, we held him out for a concussion. But as far as Robert is concerned, from what I've heard, he's been playing hurt for the entire year. We've been okay without him, I'd love to have Brown 100%, but I'm not sure if that will ever happen. Swope will definitely be 100% for the app game. and with regard to asujch's comment, what are you talking about? Clearly not our JJ! Hail Southern!

Saint3333
October 28th, 2012, 06:52 AM
GSU by 21, your Dline will have 5 sacks easy.

gseagle
October 28th, 2012, 06:57 AM
what happened to j jackson at wcu?

Saint3333
October 28th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Hurt his knee status is unknown, but would be a risk to play behind our line against you guys.

TheEagleWay
October 28th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Where's the confidence Appy?

Did something happen w/WCU game?

Not trolling, just seemed odd.

asumike83
October 28th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Where's the confidence Appy?

Did something happen w/WCU game?

Not trolling, just seemed odd.

Unfortunately, our play against option teams this season has not given much reason for confidence. Now, we have to play the most talented option team of the bunch on the road, possibly without our starting quarterback.

I'm not sure that I believe we lose big because these games always seem to come down to the wire, but we've got our work cut out for us. In any event, I will be making my first trip to Paulson!

TheEagleWay
October 28th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Unfortunately, our play against option teams this season has not given much reason for confidence. Now, we have to play the most talented option team of the bunch on the road, possibly without our starting quarterback.

I'm not sure that I believe we lose big because these games always seem to come down to the wire, but we've got our work cut out for us. In any event, I will be making my first trip to Paulson!

This game always makes me nervous, no matter the ranking/personnel.

Safe travels and Welcome!

T-Dog
October 28th, 2012, 07:12 AM
We beat Western with our preseason fourth-string quarterback since we literally have no one else.

But we're totally winning this game. We're due for a win against an option team.

gasoutherneagle
October 28th, 2012, 07:17 AM

OUCH... on the QB issue!

If you're making the trip, AND YOU TOO APPHOLE, come by and hang for a few. Spot H-149: from the stadium looking back, 3 rows back and about 5 spots to the left.

gseagle
October 28th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Hurt his knee status is unknown, but would be a risk to play behind our line against you guys.

hopefully its not as severe as marcus lattimore's injury. that was ugly in case anyone hasnt seen it!

walliver
October 28th, 2012, 08:37 AM
GSU should win by 21-28 points, but Appy will put up a good game, and GSU will win by 3.

It's do or die for the Apps. A 7-4 ASU team with no marquee wins would only have an outside shot at an at-large bid (although you never know what will happen to other teams on rivalry weekend in three weeks).

ITmonarch10
October 28th, 2012, 08:42 AM
GSU you should let ASU win. In this scenario, the Socon gets 3 teams in the playoffs and you guys can come to ODU for the playoffs. I think that sounds like a win win situation for everyone right GSU.xawesomex

Eaglegus2
October 28th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Safe travels to the App State fans! How many will make the trip to the 'Boro? As always the game will be close and one play will make the difference between a loss or victory.

SpeedkingATL
October 28th, 2012, 10:21 AM
It appears this situation would greatly favor GaSo but the last 2 years strange things have happened in this game. I expect App to put up their best game of the year...will that be enough?? Gotta hope GaSo uses the same kind of footballs Florida used against Georgia....real slippery ones that fumble easy!

ASU_Fanatic
October 28th, 2012, 10:35 AM
I just don't like our chances here, especially on the road. If Jackson plays we're probably gonna get drilled, but he seemed confident on twitter last night he would be playing so that's big. If he plays it's gonna be a pretty tight game the entire way through but I still like GSU.

Appattk
October 28th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Might as well call this one the Black and Blue Bowl... Both teams are so beat up it's going to be interesting to see who's starting!

CID1990
October 28th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Touchdown Citadel!!

cbarrier90
October 28th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Touchdown Citadel!!

Looks like you used all of them up when you came to Boone...

pike51
October 28th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Touchdown Citadel!!

Well played.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CID1990 again.

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Looks like you used all of them up when you came to Boone...

Burn...

ASUG8
October 28th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Touchdown Citadel!!

Go away. xlolx

biggie
October 28th, 2012, 04:53 PM
GSU should win by multiple scores unless App has a perfect game and GSU has 4+ turnovers.

gsu2583
October 28th, 2012, 05:05 PM
When do you anticipate learning the QB status for this coming Saturday?

T-Dog
October 28th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Jamal was cleared to return in the second half, but Hallack was playing well so we kept him in.

asumike83
October 28th, 2012, 05:45 PM
When do you anticipate learning the QB status for this coming Saturday?

It is possible that JJ misses the game but I honestly doubt it. The doctors cleared him to return at halftime but since Hallock was 13-13 for 164 and we had a 17-point lead, the coaches elected to keep him on the sideline to avoid any further injury. Officially, he listed as day-to-day. I expect Jamal to suit up and I'm sure the GSU coaches do as well.

gsueagle2424
October 28th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Should be a huge crowd on hand and will hopefully be a factor in the game. Safe travels to all App fans. I think the close call @ chatty will be a little wake up call for the Eagles. I hope we finally put together a full game together in all three aspects.

Eagle11
October 28th, 2012, 06:34 PM
I've been waiting for this game all year. I'll be headed up to Statesboro bright and early Saturday morning.

Histor3
October 28th, 2012, 06:58 PM
I am very, very excited for this game. I am also very, very nervous about this game.

App State needs this win to secure a spot for the playoffs. I would seriously consider this season a failure if we do not make the playoffs. Of course, as with any team, we need this re-building year. We are full of young players, that have real talent and potential.

Anyway, can't wait for this one. Glad it is showing on ESPN3/Watch ESPN, so the nation can watch this heavy-weight rivalry.

ASU_Fanatic
October 28th, 2012, 07:03 PM
I wish I was going but I've got to take the SAT xthumbsdownx so I can be at App two years from now

AppStsGr8
October 28th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Safe travels to the App State fans! How many will make the trip to the 'Boro? As always the game will be close and one play will make the difference between a loss or victory.

I'll be driving down with asucrutch23 and his bride. It's my first trip to Statesboro. I honestly don't see how App can win with all the injuries and the number of freshmen and sophomores in our starting lineups. I also know that App generally seems to be ready for GaSo when the game finally arrives. Here's to another great game and no more injuries!

gsu_paintballer
October 28th, 2012, 07:13 PM
I wish I was going but I've got to take the SAT xthumbsdownx so I can be at App two years from now

You, gentleman, need to get your mind right. Let me tell you a little story.

I, gsu_paintballer, entered GSU as a freshman in 2006. My undergraduate career consisted of one season of BVG and three with Hatcher. As you well know, not our finest years. Prior to entering GSU, I'd never been to a GSU game. In January of 2010, I began graduate school to graduate in December of 2010. On Sunday, November 21, I was going on a quick two-night trip with a couple friends to Biloxi. Just wanted to get out and have a little fun before I took the final part of the CPA exam on Saturday, November 27.

We followed along on our phones with playoff announcements, and got word that GSU had been selected as an at-large participant and would be in a play-in game.

I knew that I'd have to miss it due to the CPA exam. I couldn't let that happen. I'd never seen a GSU playoff game.

I called the company responsible for scheduling and paid $40 to move it to SUNDAY AT SIX PM. I walked out of that exam at 10 PM. The $5 playoff ticket cost me $45 when it was all said and done.

Would I do it over again? Absolutely.

With love,
gsu_paintballer

Grizo406
October 28th, 2012, 07:27 PM
"I'm in love with Appalachian State. For GSU, Wofford, Furman, and Tommy's Ham House, I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with the Mountaineers it is love. And it's difficult to analyze love when you're in it!" - Grizo Steinbeck406

So, I'm pickin' App State in this one!!!

ASU_Fanatic
October 28th, 2012, 07:38 PM
You, gentleman, need to get your mind right. Let me tell you a little story.

I, gsu_paintballer, entered GSU as a freshman in 2006. My undergraduate career consisted of one season of BVG and three with Hatcher. As you well know, not our finest years. Prior to entering GSU, I'd never been to a GSU game. In January of 2010, I began graduate school to graduate in December of 2010. On Sunday, November 21, I was going on a quick two-night trip with a couple friends to Biloxi. Just wanted to get out and have a little fun before I took the final part of the CPA exam on Saturday, November 27.

We followed along on our phones with playoff announcements, and got word that GSU had been selected as an at-large participant and would be in a play-in game.

I knew that I'd have to miss it due to the CPA exam. I couldn't let that happen. I'd never seen a GSU playoff game.

I called the company responsible for scheduling and paid $40 to move it to SUNDAY AT SIX PM. I walked out of that exam at 10 PM. The $5 playoff ticket cost me $45 when it was all said and done.

Would I do it over again? Absolutely.

With love,
gsu_paintballer
Dude this is kind of different not like I can pay for them to let me take this test the next day

gsu_paintballer
October 28th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Dude this is kind of different not like I can pay for them to let me take this test the next day

I wasn't actually suggesting that you should move it (because I don't even think you can).

Just helping you to learn your lesson :)

proasu89
October 28th, 2012, 07:40 PM
"I'm in love with Appalachian State. For GSU, Wofford, Furman, and Tommy's Ham House, I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with the Mountaineers it is love. And it's difficult to analyze love when you're in it!" - Grizo Steinbeck406

Awww!

ASU_Fanatic
October 28th, 2012, 07:48 PM
I wasn't actually suggesting that you should move it (because I don't even think you can).

Just helping you to learn your lesson :)

Lol you can't if I never take it I can't go to Appalachian lol

eaglewraith
October 28th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Lol you can't if I never take it I can't go to Appalachian lol

I took my SAT in May of my Junior year. And I turned down Georgia Tech to attend Georgia Southern.

How many times you planning on taking the SAT?

pike51
October 28th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Jokes on him... Everyone knows you don't need the SAT to get into App. Only requirement is a pulse.

ASUG8
October 28th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Jokes on him... Everyone knows you don't need the SAT to get into App. Only requirement is a pulse.

So you had no pulse?

You really don't want to pursue the academic slant here bud.xcoffeex

ASU_Fanatic
October 28th, 2012, 08:50 PM
I took my SAT in May of my Junior year. And I turned down Georgia Tech to attend Georgia Southern.

How many times you planning on taking the SAT?

I'm going to either NC State or App probably App I'm not betraying my blood. It's just gonna depend, I'm in the top 5% of my class so I'm not going to need a very good score to lock myself in for admission at App. I'd like a 1650 or so.

pike51
October 28th, 2012, 09:00 PM
I'm going to either NC State or App probably App I'm not betraying my blood. It's just gonna depend, I'm in the top 5% of my class so I'm not going to need a very good score to lock myself in for admission at App. I'd like a 1650 or so.

1650? Sheesh... I remember when 1600 was perfect. What is the max score now?

pike51
October 28th, 2012, 09:01 PM
So you had no pulse?

You really don't want to pursue the academic slant here bud.xcoffeex

Lighten up Frances.

ASU_Fanatic
October 28th, 2012, 09:04 PM
1650? Sheesh... I remember when 1600 was perfect. What is the max score now?

2400 is perfect now there is an essay portion

theasushow
October 28th, 2012, 09:08 PM
i think there are some academic blogs out there somewhere....I realize the SAT is usually taken on a Saturday, but pretty sure that in this case, "any given saturday" refers to football.

ASU_Fanatic
October 28th, 2012, 09:23 PM
i think there are some academic blogs out there somewhere....I realize the SAT is usually taken on a Saturday, but pretty sure that in this case, "any given saturday" refers to football.
True

GO APP

App1928
October 29th, 2012, 04:05 AM
We beat Western with our preseason fourth-string quarterback since we literally have no one else.

But we're totally winning this game. We're due for a win against an option team.

Hey just to let you now, I keep up with all-time series as well...all of of the records in your signature are correct except WCU and Elon....we are NOW 58-18-1 against Western Carolina and we are 31-9-1 against Elon. This makes us 562-312-28 all-time. You can double check me....but that is correct. And go APPS!

Baldy
October 29th, 2012, 06:34 AM

Grizo, you are now dead to me. xmadx

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 29th, 2012, 08:04 AM
If we can get the kind of pressure on the QB that we got in 2010, App. is toast. Not saying we will, but that's a true statement. App. State has no real running threat and they'd be effectively hamstrung on offense. I really hope Brent Russell will be 100% for this game. On the other hand, if we can't get any pressure, I have a hard time believing what we did against App. in the second half on defense last year (lining up the LBs 7 yards behind the LoS) will work with more competent play-calling by App's offensive coaching staff.

Offensively, how much we score depends on how much we are impeded with injuries and self-inflicted turnovers.

App. State IMO needs to repeatedly use Sean Price's height on short routes be able to move the ball against our defense. I don't see them getting many 15+ yard passing plays.

Saint3333
October 29th, 2012, 08:37 AM
I wouldn't say App has no rushing offense as they are the highest rated non-triple option rushing team in the SoCon and 25th nationally.

I think App will score in the 20's if Jackson is a go, but I don't think App can hold GSU under 35. Just too many injuries on defense, especially if Greir is held out again.

App needs to be +3 in turnovers to win this one from my perspective. GSU's secondary is solid mostly because of the lack of time the QB has due to a dominate dline. That is where GSU will win the game Saturday.

Apphole
October 29th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Should be a huge crowd on hand and will hopefully be a factor in the game. Safe travels to all App fans. I think the close call @ chatty will be a little wake up call for the Eagles. I hope we finally put together a full game together in all three aspects.

I'm sure you'll have a good crown on hand. Doubt it will be too much of a factor though. 22k and the flattest stands I've ever seen isn't ideal for noise.

That being said, I expect to take an L. We might even be shut out, but that will be because of the players on the field, not the red necks in the stands. xsmiley_wix

Apphole
October 29th, 2012, 08:47 AM
App. State has no real running threat

Been paying attention to us this year? We have more of a running game this year than we've had since Devon Moore left. Stephen Miller will have 100 yards. Again, I still expect to be blown out.

eaglewraith
October 29th, 2012, 09:00 AM
I'm sure you'll have a good crown on hand. Doubt it will be too much of a factor though. 22k and the flattest stands I've ever seen isn't ideal for noise.

Yea it's obvious you've never been to Paulson.

GATA_GSU
October 29th, 2012, 09:02 AM
This may already have been said, but exactly what type of injury did Jamal Jackson sustain?

blueballs
October 29th, 2012, 09:05 AM

That being said, I expect to take an L. We might even be shut out, but that will be because of the players on the field, not the red necks in the stands. xsmiley_wix

It was always my experience that a big and rowdy crowd had more of an effect in pumping up the home team than rattling the visiting team. That's what I hope for this weekend.

Also, don't bank on a blowout... This is a rivalry game and there are good athletes on both teams, anything can happen.

asumike83
October 29th, 2012, 09:35 AM
This may already have been said, but exactly what type of injury did Jamal Jackson sustain?

Knee injury, happened on a running play. He was cleared to come back in the second half but the coaches elected not to. I think he will be back in there, not sure how well he'll be moving though.

Eagle22
October 29th, 2012, 09:38 AM
If we can get the kind of pressure on the QB that we got in 2010, App. is toast. Not saying we will, but that's a true statement. App. State has no real running threat and they'd be effectively hamstrung on offense. I really hope Brent Russell will be 100% for this game. On the other hand, if we can't get any pressure, I have a hard time believing what we did against App. in the second half on defense last year (lining up the LBs 7 yards behind the LoS) will work with more competent play-calling by App's offensive coaching staff.

Offensively, how much we score depends on how much we are impeded with injuries and self-inflicted turnovers.

App. State IMO needs to repeatedly use Sean Price's height on short routes be able to move the ball against our defense. I don't see them getting many 15+ yard passing plays.

Any team leading a conference in total offense (465 yards) with over 200 yds in rushing, is an offense to be concerned about. That is enough of a running threat in my book, and it seems likely that this game will not be a low scoring affair, despite GSU's strong defensive credentials this year.

Eagle22
October 29th, 2012, 09:41 AM

Been on the field many years at both Kidd-Brewer and Paulson. It gets loud enough at both that calling signals for the opposing team can become problematic. It may not be the loudest stadium compared to others, but loud enough does the trick. Heck, the 2500-3000 Eagle fans that made the trip to 'Nooga alone were loud enough to be a factor in the empty cavern that was Finley Stadium. Add another 20K and it will be rocking.

asumike83
October 29th, 2012, 09:42 AM

I agree with most all of this, except that we have no running threat. As a team, we are averaging 197 yards on the ground and individually, Steven Miller has 1,077 yards and 9 rushing touchdowns through 9 games. Just like the pressure on the QB, it all comes down to our offensive line play. We've got talented backs but my concern is whether we'll be able to open up any holes. If Jamal is still hobbled at all, it could be a long day if he's not able to scramble and move around in the pocket.

This game will come down to how our young players on both lines perform. I think Jamal will get his passing yards and Sean Price will get his catches but if we aren't able to keep the GSU offense off the field, it may not matter much.

I'm going in with the understanding that it will be tough to get out with a win but I'm not expecting a blowout like many others are. These games always seem to be close and being the underdog with no expectations on our shoulders, I think we come out loose and play a good game. I expect a competitive game but I don't think we win unless we are able to force a few timely turnovers.

Apphole
October 29th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Yea it's obvious you've never been to Paulson.

Nope. This will be year one. I've just been in a much louder KBS for years and it doesn't rattle certain teams. I don't think it will matter for our boys so much. As someone mentioned ealier, it will likely fire your team up, so that will be a plus. Overall though, with App "playing for our lives," I'd say the emotional advantage favors ASU. I still think we're a shoe-in to the playoffs as a 7-4 team, but don't tell the team that.

asu3peat
October 29th, 2012, 10:32 AM
I feel this will be an aberration year, in what is one of the most evenly matched rivalries in terms of the all-time series record, where one team will win by multiple scores a la 2009 and 2004. ASU has not been able to stop the TO all season and will be facing the most athletic of the 3 TO teams in the Socon on the road. I see GSU rolling up 400+ yards and securing the Socon auto-bid this weekend.

ASU - 27
GSU - 48

Eaglesrus
October 29th, 2012, 10:37 AM
There's a lot that troubles me about this game, including the fact that so many App State fans are picking us.

AshevilleApp2
October 29th, 2012, 11:06 AM
There's a lot that troubles me about this game, including the fact that so many App State fans are picking us.

Add another one.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 29th, 2012, 11:37 AM
I stand corrected. Should've looked at the stats more carefully.

ButlerGSU
October 29th, 2012, 01:24 PM
The best team doesn't always win in rivalry games like this. I know App was better than Georgia Southern that year Hatcher went up to Boone and won. We'll need to play our best game all season Saturday to get the win.

Go Eagles!

PhillyApp1
October 29th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Add another one.

Add Another One = +2

GSU will look at our tapes and laugh at how we stopped El Cid and the Terriers.

TouchDown GSU...another GSU sack because we never move the pocket or do anything different or surprising

But, then again, GO APP...FIGHT APP.....KICK A$$ !!!....................Any Given Saturday??

asumike83
October 29th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Yep... GSU 77, ASU 2. Monken feels so sorry for us he asks McKinnon to run out the back of the end zone to save us the embarrassment of a shutout. We give up 1,000 yards on the ground and Jamal throws 9 picks. May as well not show up, anyone want my ticket?

/sarcasm

Eaglesrus
October 29th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Yep... GSU 77, ASU 2. Monken feels so sorry for us he asks McKinnon to run out the back of the end zone to save us the embarrassment of a shutout. We give up 1,000 yards on the ground and Jamal throws 9 picks. May as well not show up, anyone want my ticket?

/sarcasm

Ask around on Saturday, you'll probably be able to find a taker :)

asumike83
October 29th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Ask around on Saturday, you'll probably be able to find a taker :)

xlolx

From my cold, dead hands!

Apphole
October 29th, 2012, 02:15 PM
xlolx

From my cold, dead hands!

Speaking of cold and dead, anyone know what to expect in Stinkboro Saturday, weather wise? Boone is in blizzard conditions for practice this week. I assume they will move into the indoor practice facility.

Hopefully the cooler air will keep the gnats to a minimum.

biggie
October 29th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Looks like 72 and 0% chance of rain on weather.com. Bit different than the next couple days in Boone.

blueballs
October 29th, 2012, 02:19 PM
High in the mid 70's, no rain, fast track. It will feel about 10 degrees warmer than that on the App sideline facing the sun. The gnats are waiting anxiously...

Apphole
October 29th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Looks like 72 and 0% chance of rain on weather.com. Bit different than the next couple days in Boone.

Awesome. One last flip flop weekend for me.

Anyone else going out in Savannah Friday?

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 29th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Being it's a 2:00 game, I'd expect people will either be wearing shorts or ponchos.

Apphole
October 29th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Being it's a 2:00 game, I'd expect people will either be wearing shorts or ponchos.

I expect to see a lot of Stink fans wearing jorts.

GGASU
October 29th, 2012, 02:33 PM

xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox

Jorts are high fashion in Statesboro

gsu2583
October 29th, 2012, 02:52 PM
From a friend. Had to share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4qfb_z3gJc&feature=youtu.be

chattownmocs
October 29th, 2012, 03:01 PM
My best SOCON fan impersonation.......

After seeing both teams play at Chattanooga, App State should win this game by 14-17 points because we took Georgia Southern to OT so App must be much better. Of course the one time that I saw the teams play means more than all of the other games that I didn't see combined.

citdog
October 29th, 2012, 03:25 PM
App has played 2 triple option teams in their stadium this season and given up 90 points and more yards than sherman's march to the sea. Don't see them going to Georgia and doing anything but getting beat handily.

Apphole
October 29th, 2012, 03:37 PM
App has played 2 triple option teams in their stadium this season and given up 90 points and more yards than sherman's march to the sea. Don't see them going to Georgia and doing anything but getting beat handily.

I'd have to agree. I just don't know if our defense has to brains/discipline to defend that scheme this year.

Could be wrong though. After all, people compare Stink, El Cid and Woffy all the time of course, but just because they run similar schemes doesn't mean these are the same exact offenses. Georgia Southern is more speed driven than power driven like Wofford. We match up MUCH better when a team is trying to get the edge as opposed to HB dives every play like Wofford. I mean last year we lost to Wofford, let Cid get all sorts of yards in the second half, but managed to beat GaSo and keep their offense to their lowest of the year sans NDSU.

I need to stop this talk before I get my hopes up.

Apphole
October 29th, 2012, 03:39 PM

Great reaction video of Erk Russel.

gasoutherneagle
October 29th, 2012, 03:59 PM

Well, they're strictly forbidden at the gasoutherneagle family tailgating area.

So if you pop on by 'round an hour & a half before kickoff, I've got a Bishop Building pass for you. Don't worry... I'm a pretty big guy. I'll fight you outta there if I have to.... you bein' my guest and all. Then you can go home knowing Georgia Southern bought you a beer or twelve.

eaglewraith
October 29th, 2012, 04:08 PM
I'd have to agree. I just don't know if our defense has to brains/discipline to defend that scheme this year.

Could be wrong though. After all, people compare Stink, El Cid and Woffy all the time of course, but just because they run similar schemes doesn't mean these are the same exact offenses. Georgia Southern is more speed driven than power driven like Wofford. We match up MUCH better when a team is trying to get the edge as opposed to HB dives every play like Wofford. I mean last year we lost to Wofford, let Cid get all sorts of yards in the second half, but managed to beat GaSo and keep their offense to their lowest of the year sans NDSU.

I need to stop this talk before I get my hopes up.

You didn't play against Swope last year, and he's more of a power back than Britenstein. If we don't forget what we're doing while blocking he should be doing his thing where he carries several guys for many yards.

asumike83
October 29th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Call me crazy but I think our boys will come to play on Saturday. Not saying I predict a win but I don't see us getting run off the field. Of course, I have been wrong before but I think the Apps will be up for this one.

cbarrier90
October 29th, 2012, 04:13 PM
You didn't play against Swope last year, and he's more of a power back than Britenstein. If we don't forget what we're doing while blocking he should be doing his thing where he carries several guys for many yards.

Whatever happened to Robert Brown? I thought he was supposed to be the feature FB of the future. I seem to remember him having a great freshman year but playing sparingly in this game last season.

gasoutherneagle
October 29th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Whatever happened to Robert Brown? I thought he was supposed to be the feature FB of the future. I seem to remember him having a great freshman year but playing sparingly in this game last season.

He and Swope both were out for Nooga. He's hurt.

eaglewraith
October 29th, 2012, 04:28 PM

Robert Brown is now an A-Back. That being said, he's been battling a nagging injury since the Coastal game his freshman year. I really feel bad for the guy. He was in at B-Back the whole game against App last year, Swope never touched the field.

Grizo406
October 29th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Grizo, you are now dead to me. xmadx

Can't say that doesn't hurt, because it does!

I could yammer, and palaver for days about how we were treated by the App folks on our recent visit, and I still wouldn't be able to get my point across about how awesome the experience was!

I'm more than sure I would be able to say the same things about the GSU people if we would have visited Statesboro & Paulson instead of Boone & Kidd Brewer, but this year, it didn't happen.

Hopefully, in the near future, the "Wolf Pack" will be able to make a trip to beautiful Eagle Creek!

That guy in the pic, don't look dead to me!??!

Side note to Ursus: You're welcome...xlolxxlolxxlolx

pike51
October 29th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Call me crazy but I think our boys will come to play on Saturday. Not saying I predict a win but I don't see us getting run off the field. Of course, I have been wrong before but I think the Apps will be up for this one.

I agree with this and will add I think ASU will be more then ready. I think this game will be closer than a lot of people think. GSU is good, but we aren't quite there yet. ASU is running under the radar after some not so impressive performances. This game is always a slobber knocker... Expect fireworks!

pike51
October 29th, 2012, 06:33 PM

I could yammer, and palaver for days about how we were treated by the App folks on our recent visit, and I still wouldn't be able to get my point across about how awesome the experience was!

I'm more than sure I would be able to say the same things about the GSU people if we would have visited Statesboro & Paulson instead of Boone & Kidd Brewer, but this year, it didn't happen.

Hopefully, in the near future, the "Wolf Pack" will be able to make a trip to beautiful Eagle Creek!

I'll agree that App fans have been nothing but hospitable to me and my crew. We may talk plenty of trash, but both fan bases are well educated when it comes to football, both are diehard about their programs, and both have the upmost respect for each other (barring a few idiots on each side).

Open invite to my tailgate at I 42 on Saturday. Stop by and say hi.

gsueagle2424
October 29th, 2012, 06:45 PM
My best SOCON fan impersonation.......

After seeing both teams play at Chattanooga, App State should win this game by 14-17 points because we took Georgia Southern to OT so App must be much better. Of course the one time that I saw the teams play means more than all of the other games that I didn't see combined.

Official kiss of death for App xlolx Having Chattownmocs pick you might be worse than Corso xdontknowx

GATA Eagles!

blueballs
October 29th, 2012, 06:53 PM

I would not expect anything less... Both teams have a lot to play for this weekend

asumike83
October 29th, 2012, 06:58 PM
I agree with this and will add I think ASU will be more then ready. I think this game will be closer than a lot of people think. GSU is good, but we aren't quite there yet. ASU is running under the radar after some not so impressive performances. This game is always a slobber knocker... Expect fireworks!

Agreed. GSU is favored as they rightfully should be but I've seen too many games between these schools where the gap was wider than this year that came right down to the wire.

Saint3333
October 29th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Official kiss of death for App xlolx Having Chattownmocs pick you might be worse than Corso xdontknowx

GATA Eagles!

No kidding that guy hasn't been right yet. I guess if you pick the underdog 100 times eventually you'll be right.

gsu2583
October 29th, 2012, 07:22 PM
I fully expect App to bring it. I HATE the cliche "throw out the record books/stats for this one," but I think it applies here. We tend to ring out the best/worst in each other and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Eagle22
October 29th, 2012, 08:35 PM

Two separate back surgeries. Fractured a vertebra after the Coastal Carolina game in 2010. He has worked hard to get back into top playing form, but the emergence of Swope last season and the move of him to A-back has limited his game time, plus he has continued to be plagued with nagging injuries.

Brown has the tools, though the biggest knock on his ability was that he was more fumble prone than our b-back should be. This year, playing with the 2's at a-back, he has provided a spark but most of the big play ability has been limited by the less effective blocking by the 2nd string WR's he sees playing time with.

T-Dog
October 29th, 2012, 10:36 PM
GSU is lucky this game isn't in Boone. KBS today.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6aDH1oCYAAOhvd.jpg

GATA_Eagles
October 29th, 2012, 10:38 PM

Yeah I'd like for us to stay far away from snow

eaglewraith
October 30th, 2012, 07:15 AM

Yea no thanks.

GATA_OneMoreTime
October 30th, 2012, 07:31 AM

Yeah, I'm liking the predicted 72 degrees for Saturday way better than that.

asucrutch23
October 30th, 2012, 07:47 AM

GATA Eagles!

I don't think that's his actual prediction. Pretty sure he's just making fun of how some folks make predictions (by just comparing scores). Not sticking up for Chattown here, just trying to remove that kiss of death! xlolx

AppAlum2003
October 30th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Oh gosh... this couldn't be worse. GSU fans are being "nice" to App fans and trying to make them feel better about the game. I knew we were down this year, but didn't realize it was THIS bad.

Damn you, football gods!

Eaglesrus
October 30th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Oh gosh... this couldn't be worse. GSU fans are being "nice" to App fans and trying to make them feel better about the game. I knew we were down this year, but didn't realize it was THIS bad.

Damn you, football gods!

**** you, you mountaineer *******. How's that? Hope you feel better now xrotatehx

gsu2583
October 30th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Damn you, football gods!

:)

As I posted in the FlightLine:

I hate Furman. I'm a Georgia Southern fan so you are born into that hate, it's just part of your life. I hate App State too, but I hate App because I CHOOSE to hate them!

Looking forward to a good game.

ButlerGSU
October 30th, 2012, 08:22 AM

Damn you, football gods!

It's just mutual respect between two great programs...don't expect it to extend to 2pm Saturday ;)

asumike83
October 30th, 2012, 08:26 AM
There is no better week in my sports year than Appalachian vs. Georgia Southern game week. No matter who is expected to win or who ends up winning, something memorable always seems to happen. I've got a 4-day work week, cannot wait to hit the road to Savannah on Friday morning and get over to Statesboro for my first trip to Paulson on Saturday.

That being said... I'd rather play this game in the snow!

AppAlum2003
October 30th, 2012, 08:28 AM
There is no better week in my sports year than Appalachian vs. Georgia Southern game week. No matter who is expected to win or who ends up winning, something memorable always seems to happen. I've got a 4-day work week, cannot wait to hit the road to Savannah on Friday morning and get over to Statesboro for my first trip to Paulson on Saturday.

That being said... I'd rather play this game in the snow!

Man, I wish I had your optimism. I'm actually going to apply band-aids to myself while listening to the game on the radio. I'm trying to be proactive nowadays.

AppAlum2003
October 30th, 2012, 08:29 AM
**** you, you mountaineer *******. How's that? Hope you feel better now xrotatehx

I mean, I FEEL your hate, but I'm just not believing it. Can you tell me more about how much we suck?

eaglewraith
October 30th, 2012, 09:16 AM
I mean, I FEEL your hate, but I'm just not believing it. Can you tell me more about how much we suck?

Citadel dropped 52 on you. Do we really need to say more?

asumike83
October 30th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Man, I wish I had your optimism. I'm actually going to apply band-aids to myself while listening to the game on the radio. I'm trying to be proactive nowadays.

When I am at the game in the heat of it all, I will be as angry as anyone if we come out there and lay an egg. Big picture though, I just love a great rivalry. It may not be good enough to get out of there with a W but I think we are going to show up and play well. It is football season man, life is good!

asumike83
October 30th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Citadel dropped 52 on you. Do we really need to say more?

Well, we could always say that they beat you too.

GATA_OneMoreTime
October 30th, 2012, 09:19 AM

I believe you may have just awoken the transitive property trolls again.

eaglewraith
October 30th, 2012, 09:20 AM

Yea....but we didn't get embarassed at home. Your game could have been mercy ruled in the first quarter.

Eagle11
October 30th, 2012, 09:20 AM

Thats one of the reasons we're all lacking in hate this year. We both lost to the same team, one we shouldn't have lost to.

Oh well, piss on App

NoDak 4 Ever
October 30th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Completely off topic but I figured this crowd would find this the most amusing.

On last night's Monday Night Football radio broadcast Kevin Harlan referred to a player having played at Presbyterian college from the Big South conference, and I quote "With such teams as Elon and Furman".

I'm almost sure I was the only one who caught that.

eaglewraith
October 30th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Armanti Edwards sucks.
Richie Williams sucks.
Kevin Richardson sucks.
Corey Lynch sucks.
Dexter Coakley sucks.
Jerry Moore sucks.
Charlie Cobb sucks.

There...I just pissed all over the people that have mattered in App history. Hate week is upon us.

Oh yea....Apphole is a goat ****er.

There, I feel better now.

asumike83
October 30th, 2012, 09:25 AM
I believe you may have just awoken the transitive property trolls again.

Ha! Here are the transitive property projections:

The Citadel: GSU by 22
Elon: ASU by 9
Samford: GSU by 16
Western: GSU by 21
Wofford: GSU by 18
Chattanooga: ASU by 9

By my math, the transitive property has Georgia Southern as a 9.8 point favorite.

asumike83
October 30th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Yea....but we didn't get embarassed at home. Your game could have been mercy ruled in the first quarter.

Excellent point, congratulations on the close loss! :D

eaglewraith
October 30th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Excellent point, congratulations on the close loss! :D

BREAKING NEWS FROM BOONE:

This just in. Even with all the snow, Citadel is still having no problem crossing the goal line. TOUCHDOWN CITADEL!! FIRE THOSE CANNONS!

Baldy

Tell you what Grizo, wear that shirt across campus one day then come back and tell me how awesome that experience was. :D

AppAlum2003
Even though there's still a lot of hate, I still feel like the Eagles almost feel sorry for us this year. That's bad news.

asumike83
October 30th, 2012, 09:29 AM
For what it's worth, Jamal Jackson practiced yesterday in a limited capacity and is officially listed as questionable for Saturday.

GATA_OneMoreTime
October 30th, 2012, 09:30 AM

By my math, the transitive property has Georgia Southern as a 9.8 point favorite.

Well done, sir. I have no faith in it, but thanks for sharing anyway.

asumike83
October 30th, 2012, 09:45 AM
BREAKING NEWS FROM BOONE:

This just in. Even with all the snow, Citadel is still having no problem crossing the goal line. TOUCHDOWN CITADEL!! FIRE THOSE CANNONS!

I think Brian Quick is still open in the end zone, too!

GATA_GSU
October 30th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Like others were saying, this thread seems to be a bit light on rivalry-fueled hatred...xtroublex

The somewhat-knowledgeable football fan in me would say something like: this game should be a tough one, and I hope that GSU can play mistake free football (which hasn't happened to this point) and escape with a win. Both teams have a lot riding on this game and I expect it to go down to the wire.

The Georgia Southern fan in me, however, would say something like: I can't wait for CrApp State to come to Paulson so we can destroy them. They've been beaten at "The Rock" (perhaps it should be called "The Pebble" since home-field advantage barely exists there) by teams with a similar offensive scheme and it logically follows that the marquee triple option team of the FCS should have no problem controlling the ball against App's sub-par defense. Honey Boo Boo is more relevant than App State football this year.

asu3peat
October 30th, 2012, 09:47 AM

After the way ASU has played the TO this year, I'd take a 10 point loss to GSU in Paulson. I have a feeling it's going to get ugly!

cbarrier90
October 30th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Armanti Edwards sucks.
Richie Williams sucks.
Kevin Richardson sucks.
Corey Lynch sucks.
Dexter Coakley sucks.
Jerry Moore sucks.
Charlie Cobb sucks.

There...I just pissed all over the people that have mattered in App history. Hate week is upon us.

I would post something about GSU's former players, but they're all irrelevant... xpopcornx

asumike83
October 30th, 2012, 10:36 AM
I would post something about GSU's former players, but they're all irrelevant... xpopcornx

I don't know, I used their Adrian Peterson to work out some KILLER one-sided fantasy football trades a few years back. That was nice.

cbarrier90
October 30th, 2012, 10:39 AM
I don't know, I used their Adrian Peterson to work out some KILLER one-sided fantasy football trades a few years back. That was nice.

http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/small/0902/adrian-peterson-adrian-peterson-demotivational-poster-1233716781.jpg

GATA_Eagles
October 30th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Like others were saying, this thread seems to be a bit light on rivalry-fueled hatred...xtroublex
Honey Boo Boo is more relevant than App State football this year.

This is sadly true.

ASUMountaineer
October 30th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I don't think that's his actual prediction. Pretty sure he's just making fun of how some folks make predictions (by just comparing scores). Not sticking up for Chattown here, just trying to remove that kiss of death! xlolx

I think you're right, but Chattown's attempt to be humorous falls flat. He should stick with being serious, it's much funnier. xnodx

ASUMountaineer
October 30th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Completely off topic but I figured this crowd would find this the most amusing.

On last night's Monday Night Football radio broadcast Kevin Harlan referred to a player having played at Presbyterian college from the Big South conference, and I quote "With such teams as Elon and Furman".

I'm almost sure I was the only one who caught that.

xlolx

ASUMountaineer
October 30th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Armanti Edwards sucks.
Richie Williams sucks.
Kevin Richardson sucks.
Corey Lynch sucks.
Dexter Coakley sucks.
Jerry Moore sucks.
Charlie Cobb sucks.

Embrace the hate, feel the anger, let it consume you. Yes, hate week is upon us and there's no team I hate more than East Georgia. (Though, you're right about Apphole) xsmhx

asumike83
October 30th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Weren't we supposed to get killed by an undefeated, #1 GSU last season when App was having a down year?

Sure, this is different being in Statesboro but everyone said we'd get run off the field last year as well. I expect a great game from both teams. ASU is fighting for their playoff lives and you know the GSU seniors want to get another SoCon ring and not leave with a 1-3 record against App.

ASUMountaineer
October 30th, 2012, 10:52 AM

Cute kid, unfortunate that he was born into a GSU household. That's a sweet AC unit on the wall, do they live in a hotel?

BTW, HOT HOT HOT is an awesome song and video. I'd say that there's no reason to hate, but of course there is. Piss on East Georgia! Welcome to HATE WEEK!

NoDak 4 Ever
October 30th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Weren't we supposed to get killed by an undefeated, #1 GSU last season when App was having a down year?

Sure, this is different being in Statesboro but everyone said we'd get run off the field last year as well. I expect a great game from both teams. ASU is fighting for their playoff lives and you know the GSU seniors want to get another SoCon ring and not leave with a 1-3 record against App.

I do have to say, there were a lot of us that totally appreciated that, thanks ASU! Do you think you can do it again, just one more time?

Eaglesrus
October 30th, 2012, 11:05 AM
one more time

I'm sorry, but we hold intellectual rights to that phrase. To avoid legal action, please forward your check to the Georgia Southern University Athletic Foundation as soon as possible.

blueballs
October 30th, 2012, 11:06 AM
I do have to say, there were a lot of us that totally appreciated that, thanks ASU! Do you think you can do it again, just one more time?

Hey!!! That's our line!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
October 30th, 2012, 11:07 AM
I'm sorry, but we hold intellectual rights to that phrase. To avoid legal action, please forward your check to the Georgia Southern University Athletic Foundation as soon as possible.

You'll have better luck with that here.

http://assets.flavorwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/baby-one-more-time.jpg

klak
October 30th, 2012, 11:14 AM
You'll have better luck with that here.

http://assets.flavorwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/baby-one-more-time.jpg

At that stage in her career, yes, I would like to hit that one more time.

chattownmocs
October 30th, 2012, 12:14 PM

She was only 16 then you sicko

ITmonarch10
October 30th, 2012, 12:26 PM

A wild Pedo Bear appears on AGS

klak
October 30th, 2012, 01:05 PM
She was only 16 then you sicko

I'm only saying what everyone else is thinking.

And when that song came out, I was 14. So it was cool.

WUTNDITWAA
October 30th, 2012, 01:39 PM

You somehow managed to use Georgia Southern and intellectual in the same post. Well done. xsalutex

asumike83
October 30th, 2012, 01:42 PM
I enjoy the game week banter as much as anyone but I'd like to get some updates on who will and will not play in this game.

Definitely out for ASU: RG Alex Acey

Jamal Jackson practiced in a limited capacity yesterday and is officially questionable. I truly think he will give it a go but if he is not mobile, it could be a long afternoon as our young OL tries to hold a pocket against the GSU front line. If he starts the game and cannot move around well enough to make plays, Hallock may be a better alternative. He had a great game last week but Western Carolina this is not.

Just as important (or possibly more so) for the defense is the status of Brandon Grier. He missed WCU with a knee injury, did not practice yesterday and is also questionable. Grier is a senior weakside linebacker, third year starter and is great against the option. Last season, he had 14 tackles, 1 TFL and a huge goal line stop against GSU. Junior Karl Anderson would start in his place. Anderson is tough and is a sure tackler, got 10 stops against Wofford after BG went down but is nowhere near the athlete Brandon is, nor does he have the experience.

Just my opinion but I think both kids will suit up. The question is how effective they can be. This game is going to be very, very tough no matter what. Without these two ready to contribute as usual, it will make it even more of an uphill battle.

For GSU, I have heard that Dominique Swope and Robert Brown have both been banged up. Any word on these two or any other guys on the injury report that I'm missing?

gsu2583
October 30th, 2012, 01:47 PM
I enjoy the game week banter as much as anyone but I'd like to get some updates on who will and will not play in this game.

Definitely out for ASU: RG Alex Acey

Jamal Jackson practiced in a limited capacity yesterday and is officially questionable. I truly think he will give it a go but if he is not mobile, it could be a long afternoon as our young OL tries to hold a pocket against the GSU front line. If he starts the game and cannot move around well enough to make plays, Hallock may be a better alternative. He had a great game last week but Western Carolina this is not.

Just as important (or possibly more so) for the defense is the status of Brandon Grier. He missed WCU with a knee injury, did not practice yesterday and is also questionable. Grier is a senior weakside linebacker, third year starter and is great against the option. Last season, he had 14 tackles, 1 TFL and a huge goal line stop against GSU. Junior Karl Anderson would start in his place. Anderson is tough and is a sure tackler, got 10 stops against Wofford after BG went down but is nowhere near the athlete Brandon is, nor does he have the experience.

Just my opinion but I think both kids will suit up. The question is how effective they can be. This game is going to be very, very tough no matter what. Without these two ready to contribute as usual, it will make it even more of an uphill battle.

For GSU, I have heard that Dominique Swope and Robert Brown have both been banged up. Any word on these two or any other guys on the injury report that I'm missing?

Swope told the Savannah newspaper he had "been sick." Didn't elaborate on that.
Not sure about Brown.
Russell is gimpy, as was McKinnon during the Chatty game.

Apphole
October 30th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Armanti Edwards sucks.
Richie Williams sucks.
Kevin Richardson sucks.
Corey Lynch sucks.
Dexter Coakley sucks.
Jerry Moore sucks.
Charlie Cobb sucks.

It is an honor to be mentioned among such greats.

**** the Stink and their statue of unmasked Darth Vador.

eaglewraith
October 30th, 2012, 03:59 PM

Swope is questionable right now, but I've seen it both ways on him. Not quite sure what the full deal is.

As for Brown, when is he NOT banged up? Poor kid can't stay injury free. He guts it out a lot though. In any case he's not at B-Back anymore, if he plays this weekend he'll be checking in at A-Back.

Cap'n Obvious
October 30th, 2012, 04:27 PM
It is an honor to be mentioned among such greats.

**** the Stink and their statue of unmasked Darth Vador.

While I don't approve of post-mortem smack.......this one made me laugh.xlolx

Accelerati Incredibilus
October 30th, 2012, 06:25 PM

Intellectual rights and Georgia Southern should never be mentioned in the same sentence, paragraph, article, book, ....ever.

Eaglesrus
October 30th, 2012, 06:32 PM
You somehow managed to use Georgia Southern and intellectual in the same post. Well done. xsalutex

Intellectual rights and Georgia Southern should never be mentioned in the same sentence, paragraph, article, book, ....ever.

Wow, both of you managed to respond to my post in complete sentences, kudos all around!

asumike83
October 30th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Swope told the Savannah newspaper he had "been sick." Didn't elaborate on that.
Not sure about Brown.
Russell is gimpy, as was McKinnon during the Chatty game.

Swope is questionable right now, but I've seen it both ways on him. Not quite sure what the full deal is.

As for Brown, when is he NOT banged up? Poor kid can't stay injury free. He guts it out a lot though. In any case he's not at B-Back anymore, if he plays this weekend he'll be checking in at A-Back.

Thanks guys.

Rekdiver
October 31st, 2012, 10:14 AM
Cute kid, unfortunate that he was born into a GSU household. That's a sweet AC unit on the wall, do they live in a hotel?

BTW, HOT HOT HOT is an awesome song and video. I'd say that there's no reason to hate, but of course there is. Piss on East Georgia! Welcome to HATE WEEK!

Look it's mini Erk Russell!!!!!!!!!!

Revjake
October 31st, 2012, 11:42 AM
Not a hotel. Our studio. But yeah, it *is* a hotel-style a/c unit!

By way of comparison:

HartleysHuddle
October 31st, 2012, 12:16 PM
How's the pregame atmosphere in Statesboro? I'm making the trip from Barnwell over for the game. I would love to meet up with some of the GSU fans that made their way to Brookings for the GSU-SDSU game a few years back.

Eaglesrus
October 31st, 2012, 12:35 PM
How's the pregame atmosphere in Statesboro? I'm making the trip from Barnwell over for the game. I would love to meet up with some of the GSU fans that made their way to Brookings for the GSU-SDSU game a few years back.

I believe that you'll find the atmosphere to be pretty lively. We'd be happy for you to visit our tailgate; we're in row L, space 18 in the lot at the stadium. I didn't make it to Brookings, but some folks that tailgate close to us did, and I could walk you over there if you don't hear from them here.

bullitt_60
October 31st, 2012, 01:10 PM
Hi Hi we hate you
No one will date you
You are the Mountaineers!
Always a losin'
Takin' a bruisin
Always cryin' time!
You bet, hey!
**** App!
**** App!
****!
You!
**** ****!

...and I believe it repeats.

blueballs
October 31st, 2012, 01:24 PM
I believe that you'll find the atmosphere to be pretty lively. We'd be happy for you to visit our tailgate; we're in row L, space 18 in the lot at the stadium. I didn't make it to Brookings, but some folks that tailgate close to us did, and I could walk you over there if you don't hear from them here.

Drop by the Red Flag Gang too... we're on the last row of the booster parking lot- row N, under the red flag. A lot of the folks who post here- Baldy, GSUGT1, EaglesDare, GSC75, EagleGus2, me and this week's special guest IvyTalk.... among many others will be there. GreatAppSt and T-Dog usually stop by too when the Appies come a calling.

Eaglesrus
October 31st, 2012, 01:27 PM
Drop by the Red Flag Gang too... we're on the last row of the booster parking lot- row N, under the red flag. A lot of the folks who post here- Baldy, GSUGT1, EaglesDare, GSC75, EagleGus2, me and this week's special guest IvyTalk.... among many others will be there. GreatAppSt and T-Dog usually stop by too when the Appies come a calling.

Y'all are the ones I was proposing walking him over to meet (except that I'd be walking him over to see the Red Flag Gang on row L :D ) Glad to hear that IT will be visiting again!

HartleysHuddle
October 31st, 2012, 01:48 PM

I think I might be able to handle that! xthumbsupx The Chain Gang said the last time they tailgated down there, they had a blast. Looking forward to a great matchup between two pretty damn good teams! How's the ticket situation for Paulsen?

straightshooter
October 31st, 2012, 01:55 PM
I think I might be able to handle that! xthumbsupx The Chain Gang said the last time they tailgated down there, they had a blast. Looking forward to a great matchup between two pretty damn good teams! How's the ticket situation for Paulsen?

Getting pretty thin. Check out www.georgiasoutherneagles.com. Click on tickets and you'll see what's left. None on the home side and very few on the student side. Unlimited general admission, but those seats are on the grass hills. Good view of the action, but not a real seat.

GATA_Eagles
October 31st, 2012, 02:17 PM

Last time I checked, there were only 150 actual seats left (in section J). Grass seating is [virtually] unlimited.

ASUMountaineer
October 31st, 2012, 02:22 PM
Hi Hi we hate you
No one will date you
You are the Mountaineers!
Always a losin'
Takin' a bruisin
Always cryin' time!
You bet, hey!
**** App!
**** App!
****!
You!
**** ****!

...and I believe it repeats.

It does repeat, and then inevitably blends into a reprisal of HOT HOT HOT!

BEAT THE STINK!

gasoutherneagle
October 31st, 2012, 03:56 PM

You'll love it! And for the guys, the view ain't bad either.

H-149: From the stadium looking at the lot... 3rd row, on the left, 5 spaces in. Gotta Bishop pass for you, too. So you can go back to the thriving metropolis of Barnwell and say Georgia Southern bought you a beer.

BoroNative
November 1st, 2012, 06:39 AM
Is it game day yet?

Eagle11
November 1st, 2012, 10:21 AM
Is it game day yet?

I'm not getting anything accomplished these next two days.

Apphole
November 1st, 2012, 11:01 AM
I'm not getting anything accomplished these next two days.

All this hype from the Stink camp is doing a number on fast food drive through times. You guys have a hard enough time focusing as it is.

GATA_OneMoreTime
November 1st, 2012, 11:04 AM
All this hype from the Stink camp is doing a number on fast food drive through times. You guys have a hard enough time focusing as it is.

We typically reserve those jobs for App grads. The managers are usually from Furman.

Apphole
November 1st, 2012, 11:09 AM
We typically reserve those jobs for App grads. The managers are usually from Furman.

Come on. You can do better than that. A "No, you are!" is all you've got? Granted, I can tell by the Stink joke twitter accounts (Statue of Erk/Manbearpig ect) that you people are disturbingly low on material. Its 100% inbred/ goat ****ing jokes. Time to let those creative juices flowing.

Love the second sentence.

eaglewithabus
November 1st, 2012, 12:06 PM
under the boardwalk is where #apphole #****s #children.

eaglewithabus
November 1st, 2012, 12:08 PM
apphole went to Boone to get hooked on two things; goat asshole and phonics......... he never found the library.

AppAlum2003
November 1st, 2012, 12:54 PM
apphole went to Boone to get hooked on two things; goat asshole and phonics......... he never found the library.

HA! Joke's on you! We don't keep our goats in the library! They stay hitched up behind the Student Union!

BAM!

Apphole
November 1st, 2012, 01:12 PM
under the boardwalk is where #apphole #****s #children.

Nice touch with the hash tags.

eaglewithabus
November 1st, 2012, 01:13 PM
HA! Joke's on you! We don't keep our goats in the library! They stay hitched up behind the Student Union!

BAM!

read it a couple more times and maybe you'll actually get the joke. #whatadumbass

eaglewithabus
November 1st, 2012, 01:16 PM
when appalum2003 was filling out his application for chuck-e-cheese, he got to the sex section and responded: yes, twice in your ball pit with two underage tweens. #hazing for 4-h club.

Apphole
November 1st, 2012, 01:18 PM
GaSo has some hot lady fans
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6oKpc3CAAEMGMz.jpg:large

eaglewithabus
November 1st, 2012, 01:22 PM
I especially like how you positioned her on what will be the ASU sideline this saturday. She riding down on the bus with the ASU team? Even Boone's women are starting to see the light.

AppAlum2003
November 1st, 2012, 01:30 PM
when appalum2003 was filling out his application for chuck-e-cheese, he got to the sex section and responded: yes, twice in your ball pit with two underage tweens. #hazing for 4-h club.

No no, my fat, bald friend.... I think my sarcastic and witty retort was placed well above your head.

Apphole
November 1st, 2012, 01:31 PM
I especially like how you positioned her on what will be the ASU sideline this saturday. She riding down on the bus with the ASU team? Even Boone's women are starting to see the light.

She bleeds blue. You're just mad because she ate Erk. She is your biggest fan. Biggest as in most devout. She's actually about average in physical stature.

AppAlum2003
November 1st, 2012, 01:32 PM

Awww, that's really cute... Middle schoolers around the country applaud your terrific smack.

ASUMountaineer
November 1st, 2012, 02:22 PM

Wait, where do you guys put the WCU grads?!? xchinscratchx

blueballs
November 1st, 2012, 03:06 PM

Janitorial positions...

asumike83
November 1st, 2012, 03:13 PM

I went to Statesboro for nothing more than a football game and they threw a diploma in my window! Giving it back was pretty awkward, I will be sure to drive faster this weekend.

gsueagle2424
November 1st, 2012, 04:55 PM
They just hang out in the basement. A WCU grad never hurt anyone

boogereagle
November 1st, 2012, 05:08 PM

Last one we had coached us to two national titles and was 3-2 against App.

eaglesrback
November 1st, 2012, 05:58 PM

ZING!!!! I HATE app State.

GreatAppSt
November 1st, 2012, 06:04 PM

Sorry bb for only the second time in the GSU-ASU match-up I won't be there :( fighting an ongoing health issue, I also have some goats to tend.:D

Saint3333
November 1st, 2012, 06:29 PM

Three wins vs. App not many living WCU alums can claim that, if they played there they'd have to be 60+.

gasoutherneagle
November 1st, 2012, 06:35 PM
I went to Statesboro for nothing more than a football game and they threw a diploma in my window! Giving it back was pretty awkward, I will be sure to drive faster this weekend.

You forgot to give credit to Lewis Grizzard for that original thought. Wow... you use a Grizzard joke against native Georgians... JUST WOW!!! I give you the quality of the CrAppy education, EXHIBIT A above: xlolx

GATA_OneMoreTime
November 1st, 2012, 06:50 PM
You forgot to give credit to Lewis Grizzard for that original thought. Wow... you use a Grizzard joke against native Georgians... JUST WOW!!! I give you the quality of the CrAppy education, EXHIBIT A above: xlolx

The man was a genius. Too few in my generation even know who he is.

boogereagle
November 1st, 2012, 07:30 PM
The man was a genius. Too few in my generation even know who he is.

Yes. And if you're ever in Macon, go to the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame. His typewriter is on display there. Along with lots of cool Georgia Southern stuff.

asumike83
November 1st, 2012, 08:05 PM

Using his joke against y'all was kind of the point. Lighten up, Francis.

GATA_OneMoreTime
November 1st, 2012, 08:06 PM
Yes. And if you're ever in Macon, go to the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame. His typewriter is on display there. Along with lots of cool Georgia Southern stuff.

Went there once as a kid. Didn't mean much to me then. Sounds like I need to go back!

gasoutherneagle
November 1st, 2012, 09:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M523X49Bjk

AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaand... ACTION!

gasoutherneagle
November 1st, 2012, 09:30 PM
...and... ONE MORE TIME!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18w3ZEFcwGI

Apphole
November 2nd, 2012, 08:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16DnUeLmGsg

Apphole
November 2nd, 2012, 08:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxh0vZccmT0&feature=relmfu

Apphole
November 2nd, 2012, 08:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhDw_1wxbP8&feature=relmfu

Apphole
November 2nd, 2012, 08:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKAgDohO8mE

Apphole
November 2nd, 2012, 08:42 AM
AND who could forget this gem from last year...

#1 was no match for Black Saturday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I8c7uhlNBw&feature=relmfu

CropDuster
November 2nd, 2012, 08:53 AM
xsmileyclapx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuVX3uHghto&feature=share&list=UU9n-BWMR7TSdolUyuwairmw

Apphole
November 2nd, 2012, 09:46 AM
I shouldn't have my tickets to The Stink game in my wallet. The smell coming from my back pocket has everyone at work thinking I farted.

eaglewraith
November 2nd, 2012, 09:56 AM
After doing some analysis on those videos Apphole posted, I have come to one conclusion.

**** App.

Baldy
November 2nd, 2012, 09:58 AM
I shouldn't have my tickets to The Stink game in my wallet. The smell coming from my back pocket has everyone at work thinking I farted.
It's just your breath...

eaglewraith
November 2nd, 2012, 09:59 AM

Don't blame us for your sphincter's slow shutter speed.

Apphole
November 2nd, 2012, 10:15 AM
After doing some analysis on those videos Apphole posted, I have come to one conclusion.

**** App.

Jealous of our superior vidjah staff eh?

Those guys are ****ing Spielbergs.

GSUhooligan
November 2nd, 2012, 10:23 AM
Wofford.

Apphole
November 2nd, 2012, 10:47 AM
The Stink moto is out (Western Highlights)

http://www.playattherock.com/

Not on youtube. It's called Step Up.

Eagle11
November 2nd, 2012, 10:49 AM
Jealous of our superior vidjah staff eh?

Those guys are ****ing Spielbergs.

they'd have to be to make you guys look good

GSUhooligan
November 2nd, 2012, 10:55 AM
The Stink moto is out (Western Highlights)

Not on youtube. It's called Step Up.

No wonder ya'll suck this year, you're having an identity crisis. Spartans? I think last week ya'll had a military theme? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

GATA_OneMoreTime
November 2nd, 2012, 11:50 AM
AND who could forget this gem from last year...

#1 was no match for Black Saturday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1OU3u51MkE

Apphole
November 2nd, 2012, 11:58 AM
No wonder ya'll suck this year, you're having an identity crisis. Spartans? I think last week ya'll had a military theme? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

There's not exactly a surplus of movies featuring mountain men with suitable motivational speeches.

Apphole
November 2nd, 2012, 11:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1OU3u51MkE

Black Saturday>Blue Man Group Out

GSUhooligan
November 2nd, 2012, 12:27 PM
There's not exactly a surplus of movies featuring mountain men with suitable motivational speeches.

Jerry's never given a motivational speech? Sucks for ya'll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25gUbngnkuI

cbarrier90
November 2nd, 2012, 01:41 PM
Well, this thread escalated quickly... xpopcornx

Apphole
November 2nd, 2012, 01:46 PM

They're getting harder and harder to understand.

bullitt_60
November 2nd, 2012, 01:56 PM
They're getting harder and harder to understand.

You're not used to hearing people with teeth talk.

ASUG8
November 2nd, 2012, 02:13 PM
....this coming from the state that brought you Honey Boo Boo. Glass houses, my friend.....xlolx

bullitt_60
November 2nd, 2012, 02:19 PM
Ugh... I've got nothing for that other than to say "I'm sorry".

biggie
November 2nd, 2012, 02:43 PM
GSU hype and WCU highlight video available now:

Blue Eagle
November 2nd, 2012, 03:24 PM
"
Might as well call this one the Black and Blue Bowl... Both teams are so beat up it's going to be interesting to see who's starting!

"Black and Blue Bowl" I love it...this is what this game should be called every year!!

"GO EAGLES"
"ONE MORE TIME"

cbarrier90
November 2nd, 2012, 04:55 PM
Ugh... I've got nothing for that other than to say "I'm sorry".

Reps to you for at least owning up to it. xthumbsupx

SoCon48
November 2nd, 2012, 05:07 PM
Black Saturday>Blue Man Group Out
Man, you would think they just won the Super Bowl. Down goes Frazier, etc.

SoCon48
November 2nd, 2012, 05:09 PM

I would think his half time speech vs Michigan was pretty damn motivational.

93henfan
November 2nd, 2012, 08:21 PM
I get the sneaking suspicion that these two fanbases might not like each other.

I will be there at Paulson tomorrow to mediate this dispute. Tailgating with Bobbythekid. Hope to run into a few of you freaks, be you a moonshiner or a pig farmer.

HartleysHuddle
November 2nd, 2012, 08:34 PM
I will too be at Paulson looking at all the cute little Southern women while hopefully avoiding those Big Bertha types along the way. If you see someone wearing a South Dakota State t-shirt grab him and give him a beer! Looking forward to one heck of a battle tomorrow.

93henfan
November 2nd, 2012, 08:45 PM
I will too be at Paulson looking at all the cute little Southern women while hopefully avoiding those Big Bertha types along the way. If you see someone wearing a South Dakota State t-shirt grab him and give him a beer! Looking forward to one heck of a battle tomorrow.

I trolled around the GSU campus for a bit today, stopped by the bookstore, etc. Southern does have a plethora of cuties. It's no William & Mary, that's for sure. W&M can turn a straight man gay if he stays there more than a day. I mean, the dairy industry has W&M on speed dial for when the cow supply stats getting low. When I get cold and I'm in Williamsburg, I....

OK, I'll stop.

asumike83
November 2nd, 2012, 08:46 PM
In Savannah right now, cannot wait to get over and see the game tomorrow! Gonna be tough for my boys to get the W but I'll be there until the last whistle, come hell or high water.

Go App!

eagle07
November 2nd, 2012, 08:53 PM
Be cool if we could all meet somewhere at the game

GATA_OneMoreTime
November 2nd, 2012, 09:17 PM
For the non GSU or ASU fans, you might want to be there when the team arrives! Pretty cool atmosphere

asucrutch23
November 2nd, 2012, 10:28 PM
Man it stinks down here...:D

gseagle
November 2nd, 2012, 11:53 PM
Man it stinks down here...:D

then get off your boyfriend's crotch

gasoutherneagle
November 3rd, 2012, 05:52 AM
For the non GSU or ASU fans, you might want to be there when the team arrives! Pretty cool atmosphere

Except for the one arsehole with the train whistle! I'd really like to beat that guy senseless.

gasoutherneagle
November 3rd, 2012, 06:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDtfUZojg8s

blueballs
November 3rd, 2012, 07:33 AM
Except for the one arsehole with the train whistle! I'd really like to beat that guy senseless.

I was promised in July 2009 by John Mulherin that the people who have the horn would never be allowed back at the stadium after one of them poured a beer over my wife's head and I went after him and his three friends. Obviously that was an empty promised designed to make me change my mind since I had pulled my booster donation over the incident. I have not given another red cent since.

AppAlum2003
November 3rd, 2012, 07:33 AM
then get off your boyfriend's crotch

At least he found someone that loves him for him. Well, that and his butthole.

asumike83
November 3rd, 2012, 07:43 AM
Any word on Swope?

GATA_OneMoreTime
November 3rd, 2012, 08:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDtfUZojg8s

That's badass.

GSUwinsagain
November 3rd, 2012, 08:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcrIxEyV7AU

If you haven't watched these weekly video updates before, your in for a treat.
Gameday Baby ! GATA Eagles

asumike83
November 3rd, 2012, 08:36 AM
Jamal looks like he is a go for today, per the Winston-Salem Journal.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/asu/football/article_9d76aa62-255d-11e2-9483-001a4bcf6878.html

Mr. C
November 3rd, 2012, 08:46 AM
For those wanting a look at the game and the modern era of the App State-Georgia Southern series, here are a pair of links for you from College Sports Journal. Thanks to Mike Holloway for his recent ASU contributions to CSJ:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/502-can-lightning-strike-twice-for-asu-against-no-1-georgia-southern

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/496-bitter-socon-rivals-play-as-championship-hangs-in-balance

Also look for the Mr. C official ASU at GSU game thread later today for what is the CSJ game of the week. It's just over four hours to kickoff in this classic series.

Mr. C
November 3rd, 2012, 08:47 AM
Any word on Swope?

Does anyone knows what Swope's official injury is? GSU has been quiet about it, but word on the street is that he will play on Saturday.