PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Illinois all over Eastern Kentucky on the Road

WileECoyote06
October 27th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I wonder which poster (s) noticed and ranked Eastern Illinois last week? xcoffeex

Maroons
October 27th, 2012, 03:07 PM
EIU's offense looked as good as advertised. They moved the ball with ease and could have put up 40 if not for 4 turnovers. It's hard to say how good their defense is. They shut EKU down, but they were getting QB hurries with 3 and 4 man rushes. EKU's lack of depth is really being exposed as injuries force patchwork game plans. Still, EIU looks confident and capable. I would put them in the same league with UT-Martin and TSU and maybe JSU as teams that could be worthy playoff selections.

What will hurt the eventual OVC playoff team(s) is the parity in the league. Outside of APSU and SEMO, anyone in the league could win on any given Saturday. No one is going to be able to build a case of being the far and away favorite.

WileECoyote06
October 27th, 2012, 03:17 PM
I agree. . . they are the type of team that you have to have a very good offense to deal with them. They average 43 a game and give up 39 a game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 27th, 2012, 03:19 PM
TSU is in a battle with TTU. The OVC could really take a hit today.

Skyhawk71
October 27th, 2012, 04:08 PM
TSU scores with no time left, kick is good, final TSU 22 TTU 21

WileECoyote06
October 27th, 2012, 04:14 PM
TSU survives! A showdown coming with Tenn-Martin in a few weeks.

skinny_uncle
October 27th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Congrats to EIU. I guess that preseason poll wasn't too accurate.

dgtw
October 27th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Jax State hangs on to beat Murray State 38-35.

TTUEagles
October 27th, 2012, 07:29 PM
I really wish TSU and EIU could square off...Disappointing to possibly come down to tiebreakers instead of head-to-head if EIU and TSU have identical records.
Still it's not TSU's fault, just wishing it could be different...

dgtw
October 27th, 2012, 08:01 PM
I really wish TSU and EIU could square off...Disappointing to possibly come down to tiebreakers instead of head-to-head if EIU and TSU have identical records.
Still it's not TSU's fault, just wishing it could be different...

So whose fault is it TSU doesn't have to play a full schedule?

TTUEagles
October 27th, 2012, 09:03 PM
So whose fault is it TSU doesn't have to play a full schedule?
The OVC and the other schools that voted it "OK" for TSU to get out of a full OVC schedule in favor of one more 'classic' game.