PDA

View Full Version : Bob Ford is returning, right?

FanofFCS
October 26th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Albany coach Bob Ford on the move to the CAA.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/fiveaside/archive/haley_10_26_2012.htm

danefan
October 26th, 2012, 02:29 PM
As of today - yes.

He's 75 years old though so it has to be day-to-day with him.

I personally would not be surprised if he finished this year and retired or if he decided to stay for as long as it takes him to get to 300 wins.

What I can also say is that whenever he retires he will remain a major part of the program. His built it from the ground-up (club team to Division I). He won't just walk away retire in the woods somewhere.

M Ruler
October 26th, 2012, 04:30 PM
As of today - yes.

He's 75 years old though so it has to be day-to-day with him.

I personally would not be surprised if he finished this year and retired or if he decided to stay for as long as it takes him to get to 300 wins.

What I can also say is that whenever he retires he will remain a major part of the program. His built it from the ground-up (club team to Division I). He won't just walk away retire in the woods somewhere.

I just can't imagine Fordie not returning now that he is at the top of the mountain at this level. I dread the day that he does retire. I think I can speak for Danefan and Dane 96 as we all played for him that it just won't be the same when he does call it a day. Shame on UA for not making this jump 10 years ago.

To see someone else roam the sidelines will be weird. LOLOLOL...Former UA players will have to consult with former players from Delaware, Georgia Southern, and Grambling on how to move on, as they all had legendary coaches.

When he does finally call it a day he will more than likely be involved with fund raising and Alumni events

I think 300 wins is when he calls it a day. But getting to 300 gonna be a little tougher in the CAA

ngineer
October 26th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I can't imagine Fordie not returning. I dread the day that he does retire. I think I can speak for Danefan and Dane 96 as we all played for him that it just won't be the same when he does call it a day.

To see someone else roam the sidelines will be weird. LOLOLOL...Former UA players will have to consult with former players from Delaware, Georgia Southern, and Grambling on how to move on, as they all had legendary coaches.

When he does finally call it a day he will more than likely be involved with fund raising and Alumni events

I think 300 wins is when he calls it a day. But getting to 300 gonna be a little tougher in the CAA

How many does he have? As long as his health is good, he should be able to go another five years and so long as he knows how to delegate! He's done a tremendous job at Albany and I'd like to see him make it.

M Ruler
October 26th, 2012, 04:41 PM
[/B]

How many does he have? As long as his health is good, he should be able to go another five years and so long as he knows how to delegate! He's done a tremendous job at Albany and I'd like to see him make it.

I think he has 265 wins. He is in great shape and has told me that he feels fantastic. He is in good health.

He is just a super coach and a tremendous human being.

I heard a rumor that a bronze statue outside the stadium is in the works.

ngineer
October 26th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I think he has 265 wins. He is in great shape and has told me that he feels fantastic. He is in good health.

He is just a super coach and a tremendous human being.

I heard a rumor that a bronze statue outside the stadium is in the works.

I hope that is not true. We all have feet of clay. Start 'lionizing people' and you start running into the 'cultural' problem that happens at othe schools.

DanesRGood
October 26th, 2012, 08:21 PM
I hope Coach Ford can stay around for a while longer and see this team to some success in the new stadium in the CAA!

danefan
November 17th, 2012, 05:59 AM
http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Danes-come-to-a-crossroad-4045609.php

Lots of Ford retiring speculation. I don't buy it, but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Mr. C
November 17th, 2012, 07:14 AM
For 75 years old, Bob Ford has a bundle of energy and is still having a major impact on coaching his team. He has to be one of my all-time favorite coaches. Hope he continues coaching for a long, long time.

Seawolf97
November 17th, 2012, 09:57 AM
I hope he stays at least through the 2013 season with the Danes new Stadium opening. He is legendary and well respected. Our coach was one of his under studies and is doing pretty well right now. I'm sure if he does retire from active coaching he will still make his presence felt within the athletic department.

danefan
January 5th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Bob Ford to return for 41st season at Albany

http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Ford-will-return-for-Great-Danes-4169002.php

Also confirms that Albany will increase scholarships to 54 next year and we have to assume 63 for 2014.