PDA

View Full Version : MSU Bobcats - Is this real?

HensRock
October 26th, 2012, 08:15 AM
I just saw this pic on your website.
I hope it's real and not photoshopped.
REALLY Cool if real. BIG PROPS!

http://www.msubobcats.com/images/2012/10/15/rp_primary_Card_stunt-GoCats__Daryn_.jpg

LehighU11
October 26th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Someone posted that earlier this week. It's REAL!

md64179
October 26th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Thats awesome!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2012, 09:14 AM
That's real! They did it for the EWU game.

SpeedkingATL
October 26th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Very cool!

HailSzczur
October 26th, 2012, 09:31 AM
I love tifo's very cool. I wish we saw them more outside of soccer.

Sadly if we did one with out student section, it would only be readable from about 5 feet away

Kemo
October 26th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Obviously U of Montana students aren't as clever as those at Yale xlolx

Harvard-Yale Prank (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Harvard%E2%80%93Yale_prank):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4kai4FL0MQ

Walkon79
October 26th, 2012, 09:51 AM
It's one of the neatest things I've seen in person. We're adding something new every year to the game day which has been cool to see. Way better than the 5,000 we used to draw during the "streak". Props to the universtiy and athletic department for making Bozeman a destination again on Fall Saturdays, like it used to be in the 70's and 80's.

Great Day to still be a BOBCAT!!

TheRevSFA
October 26th, 2012, 09:54 AM
that's awesome

Walkon79
October 26th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Oh, and the middle 4 sections and the all the rows on the bottom section are the Students!! When we built the new endzone the kids agreed to move over there from the east sidelines, allowing us to sell higher-end season tickets behind the home team bench. So far they've rallied and been very supportive, averaging about 4,000 per game, (At least before halftime:o)

My son always gets a seat near the front row on the left. (He goes in about an hour before the game). He's a junior now and has only missed one game in 3 years (because of a lab), and that was Eastern two weeks ago!! I blame him for the loss! xlolx

It's almost as much fun to watch the kids from my seat as it is to watch the game. They make it tough on opposing teams down on that end, and the team feeds off the energy.

Oh, to be young again;);)

CopperCat
October 26th, 2012, 10:20 AM
It is indeed real! I was sitting in the endzone holding up my card to make it happen! Hadn't seen the pic of it yet tho, thanks for posting!

HandoEX
October 26th, 2012, 10:31 AM
That looks awesome! Nice work!!!

Twentysix
October 26th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Oh, and the middle 4 sections and the all the rows on the bottom section are the Students!! When we built the new endzone the kids agreed to move over there from the east sidelines, allowing us to sell higher-end season tickets behind the home team bench. So far they've rallied and been very supportive, averaging about 4,000 per game, (At least before halftime:o)

My son always gets a seat near the front row on the left. (He goes in about an hour before the game). He's a junior now and has only missed one game in 3 years (because of a lab), and that was Eastern two weeks ago!! I blame him for the loss! xlolx

It's almost as much fun to watch the kids from my seat as it is to watch the game. They make it tough on opposing teams down on that end, and the team feeds off the energy.

Oh, to be young again;);)

At NDSU people camp overnight in the student line, you lucky ****ers. Going an hour before the game results in sitting in the very top of the endzone.

This saturday I will get in line about 3 hours prior to the game, that is usually good for the 10th to 15th row in one of the 6 sections.

Walkon79
October 26th, 2012, 11:30 AM
At NDSU people camp overnight in the student line, you lucky ****ers. Going an hour before the game results in sitting in the very top of the endzone.

This saturday I will get in line about 3 hours prior to the game, that is usually good for the 10th to 15th row in one of the 6 sections.

Really cuts down on the tailgate then I take it? That would suck!!

Twentysix
October 26th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Really cuts down on the tailgate then I take it? That would suck!!

Indeed.

Walkon79
October 26th, 2012, 11:39 AM
I like the fact that I can walk up to the gate about 20 minutes before kickoff and not miss a thing. Is that the same in the Fargo Dome for season ticket holders.

Twentysix
October 26th, 2012, 11:41 AM
I like the fact that I can walk up to the gate about 20 minutes before kickoff and not miss a thing. Is that the same in the Fargo Dome for season ticket holders.

Yes, however we have doors instead of a gate. The student section is general admission style.

Students reserve their tickets here: https://apps.ndsu.edu/footballtickets/?&SPSID=11850&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400

Starting the monday before the game at 8am. They are electronically loaded into/onto your student ID and act as your ticket.

Walkon79
October 26th, 2012, 11:46 AM
That's the same with our students, but fortunately for them you only have to go early to get into the bottom rows. The sections behind the goal posts don't fill up until right before game time. (And usually don't fill up again until about 7:00 into the 3rd quarterxsighxxsighx

IBleedYellow
October 26th, 2012, 12:10 PM
That's the same with our students, but fortunately for them you only have to go early to get into the bottom rows. The sections behind the goal posts don't fill up until right before game time. (And usually don't fill up again until about 7:00 into the 3rd quarterxsighxxsighx

At least yours come back! It is so frustrating being a top FCS program and the students don't want to get 4k to fill up their section. Gah

Also, badass picture!!

Twentysix
October 26th, 2012, 12:11 PM
At least yours come back! It is so frustrating being a top FCS program and the students don't want to get 4k to fill up their section. Gah

Also, badass picture!!

You cannot reenter the fargodome. Where exactly would they come back from? The student section actually seems alot better about staying all game than they were in past years, sans homecoming, since that is not a representative sample anyway.

darell1976
October 26th, 2012, 12:14 PM
I just saw this pic on your website.
I hope it's real and photoshopped.
REALLY Cool if real. BIG PROPS!

http://www.msubobcats.com/images/2012/10/15/rp_primary_Card_stunt-GoCats__Daryn_.jpg

That is cool!! I hope they do that for the UND fans there on Saturday.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 26th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Still not a fan of those goal posts

bjtheflamesfan
October 26th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Id love to see Liberty try something like that. The students are pretty good about coming out the last few years (SuperJon or any of the other LU fans on here could elaborate), but this would be pretty cool to pull off (especially once the final phase is in place)

ursus arctos horribilis
October 26th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I gotta tip my cap to the Cats on that. Great job, that's really cool.

Grizalltheway
October 26th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Before:

After:

http://madtaco.com/images/trail-of-cat-tears-2.jpg

I keed, I keed. :D

Walkon79
October 26th, 2012, 01:33 PM

I think it was a one time shot this year. Might see more of it in the future as it was a rousing success. The one drawback was the cards made GREAT airplanes!! The PA guy had to announce to the crowd several times in the second quarter that fans throwing stuff on the field could result in penalties. :)

Walkon79
October 26th, 2012, 01:34 PM
I gotta tip my cap to the Cats on that. Great job, that's really cool.

Thanks Ursus! Still can't believe the kids were sober enough to pull it off!!

Bisonoline
October 26th, 2012, 01:36 PM
There was a time many years ago that most stadiums had a couple of sections that would do stuff like this every game. I always wondered why they got away from it.

Walkon79
October 26th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Still not a fan of those goal posts

xlolxxlolx

I think someone got a hand on that kick too!!

LakesBison
October 26th, 2012, 02:20 PM
what are you talking about NDSU students have filled up their section every game so far!

Also, badass picture!!

HandoEX
October 26th, 2012, 02:25 PM
what are you talking about NDSU students have filled up their section every game so far!

No, not even close two weeks ago. There were open seats at the top of the student sections the entire game.

Griz_are_Beta_AF
October 26th, 2012, 03:36 PM

We're not, sorry. I believe it was a once a year at most type of thing.

LakesBison
October 26th, 2012, 03:55 PM
hando. oh geez kid lay off the gummy bears! there was probably 200 open seats and those kids were shoved into the first 10 rows, check it out sometime, usually the chicks just jam in there <<< TWHS!griz are beta - only for big games right?

Screamin_Eagle174
October 26th, 2012, 03:56 PM
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee449/echoejade/307347_252152734816773_135861089779272_864173_7601 171_n.jpg

This is what I thought this thread was going to be about (albeit a different picture I couldn't find). Unfortunately, it's also real. xlolx

CrazyCat
October 26th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Yes! Bookstore smack.

HensRock
October 26th, 2012, 04:06 PM
That is so cool guys! Thanks for answering.
I meant to say "I hope its real and NOT photoshopped".
so I fixed that in the original post.
Again - huge props for pulling that off! It looks incredible!

Grizalltheway
October 26th, 2012, 04:52 PM
hando. oh geez kid lay off the gummy bears! there was probably 200 open seats and those kids were shoved into the first 10 rows, check it out sometime, usually the chicks just jam in there <<< TWHS!griz are beta - only for big games right?

Derp derp derp.

Griz_are_Beta_AF
October 31st, 2012, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I could see us doing it for the Brawl next season, or if we get another big home game in one of our open spots, other than the Brawl we don't really have any huge games next year unless one of the average teams improves to be a title contender.

Walkon79
October 31st, 2012, 09:04 PM
Too many Griz fans in the EZ