PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10/27

wapiti
October 25th, 2012, 12:09 PM
EWU 32 @ SUU 24 SUU has most of its wins on the road. Is this another home loss for SUU? With #1 EWU in town, that just may equate to a good crowd at the game despite SUU's record. Maybe the large home crowd will help SUU to play well. Even so, EWU still wins this.

NAU 32 @ NC 21 NC is coming off its first win and has something to build on, but NAU will bring NC back to reality. NAU's RB should have a big game.

ISU 17 @ UM 45 ISU's play making is falling apart. UM should have a field day with this game, as long as they don't turnover too much.

ND 28 @ MSU 38 MSU is coming off of a bye week and is at home. They should be well prepared for ND. Meanwhile, will ND have a post UM victory letdown?

PSU 17 @ UCD 24 UCD's defense plays a good game and just enough on offense to win this game. Plus UCD is at home.

CP 35 @ Sac 24 A Sac win here would make for a more interesting finish to the Big Sky, but I see CP taking the win here. Sac state needs to win out to insure a playoff invite, but can still afford one more loss and still get the invite. This game should have a large crowd.

darell1976
October 25th, 2012, 12:20 PM
EWU
NAU
UM
MSU (first meeting since 1983!)
UC Davis
Cal Poly

Tied for 7th place in the Big Sky Challenge 55-10.

UNDBIZ
October 25th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I've got the same picks as you fellers. Differ from wapiti on a few of the scores though --> Montana will win by less than that and Montana St and UND will both score more (or at least UND will :D).

coover
October 25th, 2012, 01:18 PM
EWU 32 @ SUU 24 SUU has most of its wins on the road. Is this another home loss for SUU? With #1 EWU in town, that just may equate to a good crowd at the game despite SUU's record. Maybe the large home crowd will help SUU to play well. Even so, EWU still wins this.

NAU 32 @ NC 21 NC is coming off its first win and has something to build on, but NAU will bring NC back to reality. NAU's RB should have a big game.

ISU 17 @ UM 45 ISU's play making is falling apart. UM should have a field day with this game, as long as they don't turnover too much.

ND 28 @ MSU 38 MSU is coming off of a bye week and is at home. They should be well prepared for ND. Meanwhile, will ND have a post UM victory letdown?

PSU 17 @ UCD 24 UCD's defense plays a good game and just enough on offense to win this game. Plus UCD is at home.

CP 35 @ Sac 24 A Sac win here would make for a more interesting finish to the Big Sky, but I see CP taking the win here. Sac state needs to win out to insure a playoff invite, but can still afford one more loss and still get the invite. This game should have a large crowd.

Wow, wapiti ... are you good, or are you good?

I like all your prognostications ...

However,

I think Eastern Washington will beat Southern Utah by more than 8 ... at least two TDs

I like your Northern Arizona pointspread against Northern Colorado. It's about right

Do you really think that Idaho State is going to score 17 against an upset and irate Montana crew? No way. Montana wins big by 35 or more.

Your point about the UM victory letdown for North Dakota is excellent. And Montana State has had two weeks to think about their loss to Eastern Washington. Montana State will crush North Dakota by at least 3 TDs

Cal Davis, with the home team advantage, will beat a disapointed Portland state by 3

Cal Poly will score more than 40 in a 2 TD victory over Sacramento State

Finally, Weber State will be in Louisiana against Bye U. The game in the swamp will be so muddy that by the end of the game, neither team will be recognizable and nobody will be able to tell who wins

frozennorth
October 25th, 2012, 01:30 PM
ewu
nau
um
msu
psu
cp

wapiti
October 25th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Wow, wapiti ... are you good, or are you good?

I like all your prognostications ...

However,

I think Eastern Washington will beat Southern Utah by more than 8 ... at least two TDs

I like your Northern Arizona pointspread against Northern Colorado. It's about right

Do you really think that Idaho State is going to score 17 against an upset and irate Montana crew? No way. Montana wins big by 35 or more.

Your point about the UM victory letdown for North Dakota is excellent. And Montana State has had two weeks to think about their loss to Eastern Washington. Montana State will crush North Dakota by at least 3 TDs

Cal Davis, with the home team advantage, will beat a disapointed Portland state by 3

Cal Poly will score more than 40 in a 2 TD victory over Sacramento State

Finally, Weber State will be in Louisiana against Bye U. The game in the swamp will be so muddy that by the end of the game, neither team will be recognizable and nobody will be able to tell who wins

With my EWU @ SUU score I gave SUU's home field advantage to keep it within 8.

With Idaho State. The corner that was suppose to cover Graves in practice is going to get a pick 6 in the 1st Qrtr and the ISU will get 10 more points during garbage time in the 4th.

With MSU, I am probably undestimating my team.

With Sac and CP, I had a tough time picking the score. This is a rivarly game?? right?? and in rivaries anything can happen.

and with the BBQ, nobody has ever actually defeated BYE, but then again BYE has never won a game either. I predict another tie for BYE.

Walkon79
October 25th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Good Picks! Not even one "Not So Fast!!!"

Screamin_Eagle174
October 25th, 2012, 08:40 PM
I'm still one game up on Jalmond, 52-13, after having a bad set of picks last week.

EWU 42 @ 27 SUU

NAU 34 @ 17 UNC

ISU 20 @ 55 UM

UND 24 @ 38 MSU

PSU 28 @ 24 UCD

CP 31 @ 24 SAC

All road teams except for the Montana schools.

JALMOND
October 25th, 2012, 09:55 PM
After going 5-1 (finally) last week, I'm at 51-14 for the season. I need another 5-1 week (or 6-0). No Weber State this weekend but everyone else plays. Here are my predictions for 10-27.

CP at Sac St---Perhaps the Mustangs first strong test of the season heading on the road to the Hornets, who have had better games on the road so far...CP 28, Sac St 20

EWU at SUU---The Eagles almost slept through their game last week before stealing a win late. Now they go down to play Jeckyl and Hyde, better known as Southern Utah. Any problems here?...EWU 48, SUU 21.

ISU at UM---A game that should showcase the Bengals one dimension passing attack against the Grizzlies suspect defensive secondary. Could be a game until the Grizzlies bloody the Bengals' nose, then the Bengals will want to go home...UM 52, ISU 34.

UND at MSU---Once again the Dakotans have a chance to make some noise and throw a wrench into the conference standings, playing on the road at the Bobcats, who have toyed with the opposition all year. More of the same here...MSU 31, UND 28.

NAU at UNC---The Lumberjacks defense rose up to the occasion last week and now head on the road to face the Bears who were able to break through for a conference win last week. This week may be more of a struggle for the Bears...NAU 31, UNC 17.

PSU at UCD---Two teams who almost pulled off big upsets last week. The Vikings looked good for three quarters and need to play a whole game. They go to play the Aggies who slowed Northern Arizona down almost enough. Can they slow the Vikings?...PSU 28, UCD 10.

coover
October 26th, 2012, 02:17 AM
With Sac and CP, I had a tough time picking the score. This is a rivarly game?? right?? and in rivaries anything can happen.

I'm not so sure you would call this a "rivalry" game. There is some history between Poly and Sacramento St., but nothing of a rivalry nature. There was a time when Poly tried to get games with Sac St. because Poly had difficulty filling up their schedule and Sac St. refused to play them, but I don't think that would cause a rivalry. Presently, Cal Poly's biggest rivalry is with UC Davis ... and I do believe that Sac. St.s biggest rivalry is also with UC Davis (they're only about 30 miles apart). So I don't think Poly and Sac St. are a rivalry yet, though they might forge one on the basis that they will probably meet each other every year now that they are both in the Big Sky Southern Division.

But there might actually be a reason for a rivalry. On the Cal Poly fan forum, it was mentioned that Poly has more Sacramento area football players on their team than Sacramento State has on their team. Evidently there is a recruiting rivalry between the two schools. But I really don't believe the Coaching Staffs of each will meet on the field to "duke" it out.

It should be an interesting game with lots of fans of both schools attending.

JALMOND
October 28th, 2012, 12:22 AM
After going 5-1 (finally) last week, I'm at 51-14 for the season. I need another 5-1 week (or 6-0). No Weber State this weekend but everyone else plays. Here are my predictions for 10-27.

CP at Sac St---Perhaps the Mustangs first strong test of the season heading on the road to the Hornets, who have had better games on the road so far...CP 28, Sac St 20

EWU at SUU---The Eagles almost slept through their game last week before stealing a win late. Now they go down to play Jeckyl and Hyde, better known as Southern Utah. Any problems here?...EWU 48, SUU 21.

ISU at UM---A game that should showcase the Bengals one dimension passing attack against the Grizzlies suspect defensive secondary. Could be a game until the Grizzlies bloody the Bengals' nose, then the Bengals will want to go home...UM 52, ISU 34.

UND at MSU---Once again the Dakotans have a chance to make some noise and throw a wrench into the conference standings, playing on the road at the Bobcats, who have toyed with the opposition all year. More of the same here...MSU 31, UND 28.

NAU at UNC---The Lumberjacks defense rose up to the occasion last week and now head on the road to face the Bears who were able to break through for a conference win last week. This week may be more of a struggle for the Bears...NAU 31, UNC 17.

PSU at UCD---Two teams who almost pulled off big upsets last week. The Vikings looked good for three quarters and need to play a whole game. They go to play the Aggies who slowed Northern Arizona down almost enough. Can they slow the Vikings?...PSU 28, UCD 10.

Coming back. 4-2 this week brings me to 55-16 overall.

darell1976
October 28th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Coming back. 4-2 this week brings me to 55-16 overall.

I went 3-3 (picked NAU, MSU, and UM correctly). I am 58-13 overall tied for 13th place in the Big Sky Challenge.

UNDBIZ
October 28th, 2012, 10:40 AM
I've got the same picks as you fellers. Differ from wapiti on a few of the scores though --> Montana will win by less than that and Montana St and UND will both score more (or at least UND will :D).

Well I couldn't have been more wrong than I was with those comments xbangx