PDA

View Full Version : GAME OF THE WEEK - WEEK 10 (NOV 3)

TheRevSFA
October 24th, 2012, 10:21 AM
It's that time of the week. Time to vote. No not for Obama or Romney or a third party, but for the game of the week!

The winning game gets a video done by Emory Hunt of Football Gameplan, the Czar of the Playbook, and a Ragin Cajun (but not all of us hold that against him)

So make your choice!

Sam Houston @ Southeastern Louisiana
Cal Poly @ Eastern Washington
Appalachian State @ Georgia Southern
Towson @ Delaware

Let the homer voting begin!

mmiller_34
October 24th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Cal Poly - Eastern Washington

Twentysix
October 24th, 2012, 10:26 AM
SLO @ EWU.

blueballs
October 24th, 2012, 11:24 AM
If the status quo holds this weekend it would have to be Cal Poly/EWU....

TheRevSFA
October 24th, 2012, 11:26 AM
I actually agree about Cal Poly and EWU..I just hate to see games without a vote.

GATA_GSU
October 24th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Appalachian State at Georgia Southern will probably decide who wins the conference this year.

slostang
October 24th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Appalachian State at Georgia Southern will probably decide who wins the conference this year.

It is good possibility that the CP/EWU game could decide the Big Sky Champion and possibly a seed for the playoffs.

GATA_GSU
October 24th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Oops, posted that to the wrong thread lol.

GATA_GSU
October 24th, 2012, 11:41 AM
It is good possibility that the CP/EWU game could decide the Big Sky Champion and possibly a seed for the playoffs.

Yeah both games should have implications about the playoff seeds. If Cal Poly wins they should jump way up in the rankings and help secure a playoff seed (though I think they should be ranked up there already).

MTfan4life
October 24th, 2012, 12:15 PM

I disagree. If Appalachian State wins, they'd still have two conference losses and Wofford is still standing with just one loss. If App. St. wins it could put the conference in the same type of cluster***k that the OVC was in last season, but Wofford would also have to lose for that to happen.

ITmonarch10
October 24th, 2012, 12:30 PM

I thought the game didn't count towards conference standings. They will still be unbeaten in conference play after the game. This game to me is more about measure just how Cal Poly is and who get a seed in the playoffs.

It would be weird if EWU won this game, then goes on to lose another conference game ,but Cal Poly gets the auto-bid because it didn't count in the standings.

frozennorth
October 24th, 2012, 12:34 PM
ewu-cp is non-conference?

regardless, CP should be playing for the #1 seed that game, unless NDSU really starts crushing people or GSU beats georgia

slostang
October 24th, 2012, 12:38 PM
I thought the game didn't count towards conference standings. They will still be unbeaten in conference play after the game. This game to me is more about measure just how Cal Poly is and who get a seed in the playoffs.

It would be weird if EWU won this game, then goes on to lose another conference game ,but Cal Poly gets the auto-bid because it didn't count in the standings.

If CP and EWU finish their conference schedule at 8-0 (big if in a tough Big Sky conference) this game will decide the conference auto-bid and who will go to the playoffs as the Big Sky Champion.

SpeedkingATL
October 24th, 2012, 12:42 PM
For me personally it is App fighting for their playoff lives but the Cal Poly vs ECU has to be the game of the week on a national basis.

GATA_GSU
October 24th, 2012, 12:59 PM
I disagree. If Appalachian State wins, they'd still have two conference losses and Wofford is still standing with just one loss. If App. St. wins it could put the conference in the same type of cluster***k that the OVC was in last season, but Wofford would also have to lose for that to happen.

True. But I think there is a good possibility of Wofford losing at least one of its remaining conference games. If App beat GSU and Wofford lost once more, that would mean that 3 teams were 6-2 in conference games and each would have beaten one another.

asucrutch23
October 24th, 2012, 01:09 PM
True. But I think there is a good possibility of Wofford losing at least one of its remaining conference games. If App beat GSU and Wofford lost once more, that would mean that 3 teams were 6-2 in conference games and each would have beaten one another.

If Chatty loses to GSU and is the team to beat Wofford in your scenario, you could actually see 4 teams at 6-2 in the SoCon.

coover
October 24th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Yes, I'm a homer, but I unless Cal Poly loses at Cal State Sacramento this weekend and/or Eastern Washington loses at Southern Utah this weekend, the EWU - Cal Poly game has to be the biggest FCS National game of the weekend. The way that Sacramento has been playing recently, of course, makes a Cal Poly loss there possible though improbable, but a EWU loss at SUU is absolutely unthinkable.

Cal Poly - EWU will be and should be the game of the week.

ngineer
October 24th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Gotta be Cal Poly at EWU and see who is for real. Assuming no stubbed toes this weekend....