PDA

View Full Version : MEAC TITLE

ElonPride
October 23rd, 2012, 12:09 PM
I haven't seen a thread about it, but it looks like there will be quite the game in the MEAC this weekend. The two teams unbeaten in conference meet with MEAC title, and playoff, hopes on the line.......NCCU & Bethune Cookman.

It's a pretty big game for NCCU, seeing they made the full transition to FCS just a short time ago (3 years I believe). Frazier's seemingly doing a pretty good job with that program.

It seems there aren't too many here that care about the MEAC, but this is one of those games I'll be keeping an eye on this weekend!

DSUrocks07
October 23rd, 2012, 12:23 PM
I haven't seen a thread about it, but it looks like there will be quite the game in the MEAC this weekend. The two teams unbeaten in conference meet with MEAC title, and playoff, hopes on the line.......NCCU & Bethune Cookman.

It's a pretty big game for NCCU, seeing they made the full transition to FCS just a short time ago (3 years I believe). Frazier's seemingly doing a pretty good job with that program.

It seems there aren't too many here that care about the MEAC, but this is one of those games I'll be keeping an eye on this weekend!

GO EAGLES!

Them winning against BCU is our only shot at winning the conference this year. We don't play BCU, so that would be a tiebreaker.

superman7515
October 23rd, 2012, 12:26 PM
Yep, the Eagles need to win and DelState needs to win out (beating the Eagles along the way). Whoever wins out of NC Central and Bethune-Cookman has the lead, but Delaware State and Howard both have one loss and are still in it as well.

WileECoyote06
October 23rd, 2012, 12:30 PM
Well things will certainly be made clearer after this weekend.

Morgan and SCSU host Delaware State and Howard respectively as both programs are desperate to keep pace with BCU and NCCU. Neither DSU or Howard play BCU this year so they are probably going to be cheering for NCCU; hoping they can bring the Wildcats back to the pack.

RabidRabbit
October 23rd, 2012, 12:38 PM
Unfortunately for the MEAC, with few wins OOC over power conference or FBS teams, the AQ will likely be the only team in the play-offs. However, it is fun to watch the parity of the MEAC this season, and the addition of non-traditional MEAC qualifiers. Truly is a AGS type league this year.

Good to see another late arriving FCS team have a good to great success. Go NCCU!

Big Dawg
October 23rd, 2012, 01:16 PM
This season has been one to forget for us in the MEAC...we're sitting at 3-2 in conference when we should be 5-0...FAMU will more than likely have a new coach next year.

As far as the match-up between BCU and NCCU this weekend, the game is in Daytona so I fully expect BCU to win this one relatively easy. I don't know what adjustments NCCU made after allowing Savannah State to score 33 points on them earlier this year, but it's working.

BTW, NCCU's head coach is the same guy who turned Prairie View around and led them to a SWAC title a couple of seasons ago.

JazzyBulldog05
October 23rd, 2012, 01:50 PM
BCU will win the MEAC crown.

NCCU is a solid squad, but I think they're one year away from truly contending. Regardless, kudos to what coach Frazier is doing there.

DSU I believe is the next best team this year. They're solid on both sides of the ball, they are consistent, and a well structured team. Howard is too inconsistent & I think they will fall off the rest of the season.

Regardless, I'm ready to get this season over with since my Bulldogs are so horrible

Gringer1
October 23rd, 2012, 02:29 PM
"Quite a game in the MEAC" has the same ring as "quite a meal in the school cafeteria." xcoolx

JazzyBulldog05
October 23rd, 2012, 02:35 PM
"Quite a game in the MEAC" has the same ring as "quite a meal in the school cafeteria." xcoolx

Sorry, was completely unaware that we couldn't have good games xrolleyesx

Gringer1
October 23rd, 2012, 02:43 PM
Sure they can be good in comparison to other MEAC games. I don't consider a matchup that decides who gets the MEAC's annual first round playoff exit to be that enthralling.

atlfcsfan
October 23rd, 2012, 02:43 PM
Got a feeling that NCCU steals one down there. They have been playing well.

Big Dawg
October 23rd, 2012, 02:45 PM
Sure they can be good in comparison to other MEAC games. I don't consider a matchup that decides who gets the MEAC's annual first round playoff exit to be that enthralling.

Then ignore the got damn thread

Gringer1
October 23rd, 2012, 02:48 PM
But poking fun at MEAC fans is such a cool social experiment. Mentioning how bad they are in the playoffs has the same effect has pouring a cup on water on an ant bed. Lots of angry scurrying around with no real result.

JazzyBulldog05
October 23rd, 2012, 02:55 PM
But poking fun at MEAC fans is such a cool social experiment. Mentioning how bad they are in the playoffs has the same effect has pouring a cup on water on an ant bed. Lots of angry scurrying around with no real result.

Well glad that you are entertained, since your opinion/smack is rather boring and stale

Gringer1
October 23rd, 2012, 03:07 PM
Your football is rather stale... it's a tough day at work :p

WileECoyote06
October 23rd, 2012, 03:28 PM
Some people make it hard to display classy behavior on this site.

superman7515
October 23rd, 2012, 03:41 PM
This season has been one to forget for us in the MEAC...we're sitting at 3-2 in conference when we should be 5-0...FAMU will more than likely have a new coach next year.

I dunno, a lot of back channel talks about him getting any extension. Currently tied for 3rd place all-time on the HBCU career wins list.

Panther88
October 23rd, 2012, 03:55 PM

Oh my. lol

Big Dawg
October 23rd, 2012, 04:01 PM

Man...if you guys lose to Howard...

Big Dawg
October 23rd, 2012, 04:05 PM
I dunno, a lot of back channel talks about him getting any extension. Currently tied for 3rd place all-time on the HBCU career wins list.

Trust me...there are a lot of things against him right now.

I mean to be honest, this team has the talent to be 7-1 right now. Each game we've lost has been due to inept coaching. You saw one of those games in person...how do you have a QB throw for 400 yards and only win by two points?

It's not like we're getting beat down...I think every game we've lost, minus the Oklahoma game, has been by no more that 7 points. Fans are pissed...many fans were leaving the stadium this weekend screaming for Taylor to be fired. It's just plain ridiculous how talented this team is and how coaching is holding these guys back.

JazzyBulldog05
October 23rd, 2012, 04:38 PM
Trust me...there are a lot of things against him right now.

I mean to be honest, this team has the talent to be 7-1 right now. Each game we've lost has been due to inept coaching. You saw one of those games in person...how do you have a QB throw for 400 yards and only win by two points?

It's not like we're getting beat down...I think every game we've lost, minus the Oklahoma game, has been by no more that 7 points. Fans are pissed...many fans were leaving the stadium this weekend screaming for Taylor to be fired. It's just plain ridiculous how talented this team is and how coaching is holding these guys back.

That seems to be the case with many of our teams. We have the talent, but the coaching leaves a lot to be desired. Thing is if y'all do plan on canning him, find someone BETTER

DSUrocks07
October 23rd, 2012, 06:55 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcxpbhM0DaA

xawesomex

Seriously tho guys, until we win a few games on the national stage (and a playoff victory or two) we will continued to be subjected to this. It's not about being "classy", it's about success. Or lack thereof. :(

ElonPride
October 23rd, 2012, 07:32 PM
Well things will certainly be made clearer after this weekend.

Morgan and SCSU host Delaware State and Howard respectively as both programs are desperate to keep pace with BCU and NCCU. Neither DSU or Howard play BCU this year so they are probably going to be cheering for NCCU; hoping they can bring the Wildcats back to the pack.

Pullin' for you guys WileE....

Humble Steward
October 23rd, 2012, 07:44 PM
Staying on course about the game this weekend, I think it will be a good measuring stick for both teams. Both teams have been effective in getting their opponents to turn over the ball, while turning them into points. Good luck NCCU, but of course my loyalty is to my Wildcats. Let's Go Cats!!!

WileECoyote06
October 23rd, 2012, 09:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcxpbhM0DaA

xawesomex

Seriously tho guys, until we win a few games on the national stage (and a playoff victory or two) we will continued to be subjected to this. It's not about being "classy", it's about success. Or lack thereof. :(
'I'm just trying not to be pulled into 'smack wars'. . .

ODUsmitty
October 23rd, 2012, 09:22 PM
ODU played NCCU twice, first at Foreman Field, with the return game at NCCU.

In Norfolk, ODU pounded NCCU for 2-1/2 quarters, and NCCU responded with a furious rally that tied the game in the 4th quarter. THEY NEVER GAVE UP.

The return game was less dramatic, but I remember fondly that NCCU passed out meals to our players as they loaded the bus to return to Norfolk. We all talk about class. However, I learned very early in my sales career that WELL DONE is better than WELL SAID. Such is the case here.

We all can talk about the MEAC's terrible postseason record. However, at the 1-AA level of football, part of this journey is being pleasantly surprised with the teams and fans your happen to meet, and ODU will always hold the Eagles in high regards for their hospitality, class, and competitive spirit. I hope NCCU wins this weekend, and I hope they win the MEAC.

GO NCCU!

woffordgrad94
October 23rd, 2012, 10:27 PM

Yep. I knew this thread would go down this road before I even opened it...which is why I didn't for so long. C'mon guys...let these MEAC fans have a discussion without hijacking it. It is their right. Everyone here including them knows the previous playoff results...no need to bring them up here and ruin things. JMHO. xcoffeex

WileECoyote06
October 24th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Yep. I knew this thread would go down this road before I even opened it...which is why I didn't for so long. C'mon guys...let these MEAC fans have a discussion without hijacking it. It is their right. Everyone here including them knows the previous playoff results...no need to bring them up here and ruin things. JMHO. xcoffeex

Yeah! It's not like we started a thread discussing how we're being disrespected, under-ranked and ignored. And it wasn't even a MEAC fan who started the thread. lol

Thanks for the well wishes ODUSmitty, and ElonPride . . . I'm going to reserve my excitement until after the game Saturday. If we win, I'mma be smiling like a five year old on Christmas Eve.

superman7515
October 24th, 2012, 07:50 AM
If we win, I'mma be smiling like a five year old on Christmas Eve.

Until DelState smacks the taste out of your mouth... xlolx

DSUrocks07
October 24th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Until DelState smacks the taste out of your mouth... xlolx

Tomorrow night is the first step :D

R.A.
October 24th, 2012, 08:19 AM
B Howard is too inconsistent & I think they will fall off the rest of the season.

Regardless, I'm ready to get this season over with since my Bulldogs are so horrible

You're hoping we don't come into Orangeburg and knock you all off for Homecoming...

R.A.
October 24th, 2012, 08:21 AM

It will be interesting to see who wins on November 10th.

R.A.
October 24th, 2012, 08:28 AM
If B-CU or NCCU finish the season undefeated in the MEAC, they win the Automatic Bid and the Conference Championship.

If my Howard "Bison" finish the season 4-0, with a win at #3 Georgia Southern, we'll finish at 9-2 and receive an At- Large bid into the playoffs... we're currently 5-2

So there is still a possibility that the MEAC is a two bid conference.

superman7515
October 24th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Don't worry, no matter how the season ends for BCU, NCCU, and DelState, it will still be 20 seasons since Howard won anything. xnodx

R.A.
October 24th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Don't worry, no matter how the season ends for BCU, NCCU, and DelState, it will still be 20 seasons since Howard won anything. xnodx

Del State's our last game... we get them at home.
FAMU in the Florida Classic is B-CU's last game... those games haven't worked out too well for Bethune- Cookman.
B-CU, in addition to NC A&T in the Aggie- Eagle Classic is still on the plate for NCCU.

So, while your frustration for being unable to let one go with Lois is showing, the reality is-- There's still a lot of football to be played.

JazzyBulldog05
October 24th, 2012, 09:17 AM
You're hoping we don't come into Orangeburg and knock you all off for Homecoming...

Not at all. I'm actually preparing myself at the thought that Howard, of all teams, will beat us at our Homecoming. That's how bad a season we're having. You're not gonna act like your team is consistent though. Two games this season you guys held on to win by the grace of God after dominant first halves.

I will say it is a very nasty feeling the thought of Howard football actually beating us. I didn't think I'd ever see the day we'd be that bad :D