PDA

View Full Version : SELA to Open Camp Sunday

TexasTerror
August 4th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Southeastern Louisiana, a team that has had a very dangerous offense is set to get underway this coming Sunday. We'll see what Dennis Roland and company have to offer this year. A brutal schedule awaits the Lions, but at the very least, they have more fans on AGS and should expect a visit by yours truly, the TexasTerror, on November 18th!

90 SOUTHEASTERN PLAYERS TO REPORT SUNDAY
Posted by dvolz on August 3, 2006, 4:42 pm.

A total of 90 Southeastern Louisiana football players are expected to report to camp Sunday as the start of fall football practice officially gets underway at Strawberry Stadium.

The Lions’ opening practice will be on Sunday evening starting at 8:30 p.m. All practices are free and open to the media and public. A total of 21 practice dates dot the preseason schedule including scrimmages August 19 and August 22. Fan Appreciation Night is scheduled in conjunction with the August 22 scrimmage at 7 p.m.

Entering its fourth season since returning football to the Hammond, La. campus and its second season of play in the Southland Conference, high expectations abound for the Lions despite a challenging 2006 schedule.

Under second-year head coach Dennis Roland, the Lions will face their most ambitious schedule to date taking on 11 Division I opponents for the first time since returning football in 2003. Included in that list are three I-A non-conference opponents, prompting the Sports Network to rank the Lions’ non-conference schedule third-toughest out of 120 I-AA programs. The Sports Network also recently released its 2006 predictions picking Southeastern to finish second behind McNeese State in the demanding seven-team league.

http://www.lionsports.net/headlines/football/2470