PDA

View Full Version : Towson mutiny?

DJnva
October 23rd, 2012, 09:11 AM
http://www.thetowerlight.com/2012/10/football-coaches-cross-lines-mistreat-players/

This letter is being written on behalf of many current and former players of the Towson University football team. Head Coach Rob Ambrose has openly disrespected and mistreated members of the team on a consistent basis.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 23rd, 2012, 09:17 AM
Boy, no idea what to make of this.

ITmonarch10
October 23rd, 2012, 09:21 AM
WoW, Rob Ambrose though is a good coach though. I wonder what they could possibly do to remedy the situation.

Go Green
October 23rd, 2012, 09:22 AM
Dartmouth basketball went through something similiar a few years ago.

It did not end well and we're still trying to dig ourselves out of the mess....

WrenFGun
October 23rd, 2012, 09:25 AM
Wow.

DSUrocks07
October 23rd, 2012, 09:25 AM
Welp, there's goes Towson's relevancy in the CAA

RichH2
October 23rd, 2012, 09:31 AM
I was impressed with Ambrose. very surprised w the claims. Eben if not true mot good for program.

DSUrocks07
October 23rd, 2012, 09:32 AM
There is also many violations in practice hours per day. We have been presented with practice logs that coach Ambrose submits weekly which we have found to be completely inaccurate. Ambrose holds punishment runs almost daily throughout the week at 6 a.m. but does not post them on any of his practice logs.

He also logs inaccurate time lengths of our practices and meetings. This is an issue we have already presented to the compliance office.

This is the real meat of the article. The religion stuff is just an attention grabber.

Why is my generation such softees? xthumbsdownx

danefan
October 23rd, 2012, 09:33 AM
Wahhhh......cry baby. Take it up with the Coach like a man.

The practice time claims could be a big violation though.

WrenFGun
October 23rd, 2012, 09:39 AM
I feel much less strongly about this than the Idaho State issue; I think most teams probably two some funky things with practice times. I'm not even sure I see the religion issue as a huge one. I'm also kind of stunned that there's a name on this article as opposed to be anonymous.

Vitojr130
October 23rd, 2012, 09:43 AM
Wahhhh......cry baby. Take it up with the Coach like a man.

The practice time claims could be a big violation though.

If a coach is demeaning a players religion, that is a big deal and will in no way, shape, or form pump them up. Whether or not he should have gone to the presses is another thing... He probably should have talked to his coach to address the issue first, and then, if that fails, go to the presses. I hate it when people do not communicate and try to embarrass others to get their point across instead of dealing with their own issues themselves.

Professor Chaos
October 23rd, 2012, 09:45 AM
I'm sure there's a lot more to this then we'll ever know so it's tough to pass judgement.

However, it's a message board so that's what we're here for. I tend to think that these whistle-blowing players need the "This ain't intramurals, brother" talk from Dan Hawkins.

RichH2
October 23rd, 2012, 09:47 AM
The threats of retribution are most distressing aspect to me.
Vulgar words s/n surprise any player. Abuse of practice times really depends on extent . A few minutes, who cares, lots of hours in the week a real problem. These players are students. Where does time for education fit in his regime.

Sam_Kats
October 23rd, 2012, 09:48 AM
What a foolish thing to do. If it bothered him that bad, he should have just quit. Coaches & players say some pretty intense things during the heat of the moment. NONE that needs to be publicized. Wow, again, what a little baby. That's the problem with today's society - everyone wants to find a way to be 'offended.'

bluehenbillk
October 23rd, 2012, 09:54 AM
See what happened, or what didn't happen with Michigan & Rich Rodriguez with the practice time violation. It's a relatively "toothless" major violation, a slap on the wrist....

dungeonjoe
October 23rd, 2012, 10:16 AM
I would put my money on "Jesus and the 12." The triple option of father, son, and Holy Ghost are tough to stop. Besides, Jesus invented the Hail Mary pass. Towson wouldn't have a prayer.

Seriously, I think the allegations about practices and meetings are more of a serious issue

Anovafan
October 23rd, 2012, 10:23 AM
Follow up article:

http://www.thetowerlight.com/2012/10/towson-football-coach-accused-of-misreporting-practice-hours/

More details about the practice logs and West possibly leaving.

DJnva
October 23rd, 2012, 10:24 AM
What a foolish thing to do. If it bothered him that bad, he should have just quit. Coaches & players say some pretty intense things during the heat of the moment. NONE that needs to be publicized. Wow, again, what a little baby. That's the problem with today's society - everyone wants to find a way to be 'offended.'

You don't think the bigger deal is the possible violations in practice time and the fact that he promised retribution against players that wanted to transfer?

UNH Fanboi
October 23rd, 2012, 10:27 AM
Boy, no idea what to make of this.

Yeah, the grammar is pretty bad.

Sam_Kats
October 23rd, 2012, 10:29 AM
You don't think the bigger deal is the possible violations in practice time and the fact that he promised retribution against players that wanted to transfer?

The practice violations will sort themselves out - like someone else said, a slap on the wrist. My comments were directed towards the "men" who took to the paper to dog their coach. What a joke.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 23rd, 2012, 10:31 AM
“Coaches yell at you but that stuff is behind closed doors,” the player said. “I personally have seen him on specific players. I never went through anything like that.”

These accusations come off the heels of Saturday’s game against Old Dominion, in which star running back Terrance West did not play.

West tweeted, “It’s been good Towson !!!!!,” which sparked rumors he might transfer to another institution.

Ambrose said he met with West Monday, but that the tweet was not a topic of conversation and that West is still on the team.

There's your big news item.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 23rd, 2012, 10:32 AM
xpopcornx

bluehenbillk
October 23rd, 2012, 10:33 AM
I can't wait to read what Spadola from Lehigh tweets about this.....:)

Twentysix
October 23rd, 2012, 10:35 AM

If he can see the keyboard through the white hat. xlolx

ITmonarch10
October 23rd, 2012, 10:36 AM
RIP Towson

I think its going to be another decade before Towson rise again.

MR. CHICKEN
October 23rd, 2012, 11:10 AM
AMBROSE IS UH....JERK O' UH COACH...HE RATTED ON SPADOLA...TA SPITE LEHIGH'S W....WHILE HIS OWN PLAYERS DID THE SAME...TEXTIN'...AN' OUTWARDLY..MISTREATED KEELER..IN LAST YEARS GAME.....SO IT'S NOT TO HARD...TA BELIEVE DUH LINEBACKER'S.....STORY......BRAWK/OBAMA/BIDEN!

tingly
October 23rd, 2012, 11:16 AM
High drama teams usually have team captains that aren't doing their job. I bet we wouldn't have heard a thing had Towson not lost 3 of its last 4 games.

LetsGoNova
October 23rd, 2012, 11:42 AM
Well, the timing couldn't work out better for my Cats, but you hate to see this, especially for a program that fought so long to get to where they are.

Just don't fire that coach before Saturday, Towson. Deal?

GATA
October 23rd, 2012, 11:55 AM
Well, the timing couldn't work out better for my Cats, but you hate to see this, especially for a program that fought so long to get to where they are.

This confirms it. Towson is a soft football team.

ngineer
October 23rd, 2012, 12:16 PM
The threats of retribution are most distressing aspect to me.
Vulgar words s/n surprise any player. Abuse of practice times really depends on extent . A few minutes, who cares, lots of hours in the week a real problem. These players are students. Where does time for education fit in his regime.

Sounds like the "cultural" problem the NCAA is attempting to root out. When priorities get out of whack and academics get de-emphasized in order to 'practice more', there is an institutional problem, especially if the AD is aware and has looked the other way. Something like this needs to be addressed promptly before everything goes haywire. Ambrose has come off as getting too big for his britches. His sudden 'notoriety' in resurrecting the Tigers seems to have gone to his head and people like that tend to think they can get away with anything."Do you KNOW who I am" mentality. Sounds like dead man walking unless he makes major changes immediately.

RichH2
October 23rd, 2012, 12:42 PM
AMBROSE IS UH....JERK O' UH COACH...HE RATTED ON SPADOLA...TA SPITE LEHIGH'S W....WHILE HIS OWN PLAYERS DID THE SAME...TEXTIN'...AN' OUTWARDLY..MISTREATED KEELER..IN LAST YEARS GAME.....SO IT'S NOT TO HARD...TA BELIEVE DUH LINEBACKER'S.....STORY......BRAWK/OBAMA/BIDEN!

Yup. Even agree on Obama. A very disillusioned Republican.

UIWWildthing
October 23rd, 2012, 12:48 PM
I really don't know what to say about this. I knew this was too good to be true to have Towson relevant.

HensRock
October 23rd, 2012, 12:50 PM
If a coach is demeaning a players religion, that is a big deal and will in no way, shape, or form pump them up. Whether or not he should have gone to the presses is another thing... He probably should have talked to his coach to address the issue first, and then, if that fails, go to the presses. I hate it when people do not communicate and try to embarrass others to get their point across instead of dealing with their own issues themselves.

You are assuming he did not talk to coach directly first. Maybe he did.

superman7515
October 23rd, 2012, 01:07 PM
See what happened, or what didn't happen with Michigan & Rich Rodriguez with the practice time violation. It's a relatively "toothless" major violation, a slap on the wrist....

There were 5 people accussed of falsifying the paperwork at Michigan, none of them were Rich Rodriguez. Michigan admitted it, two of the five were fired and the other three were banned from the sidelines, stadium, press box, or locker rooms during games. The penalties for the team were light, 2 to 1 loss of practice time (they practiced an extra 65 hours and lost 130 hours of time), and three years probation, but were lower because Michigan fired those responsible. IF, again IF, the accussations are true that Coach Ambrose falsified the paperwork than the comparable penalty would be his firing or banning him from having any contact with the players during games which wouldn't make a lot of sense.

blueballs
October 23rd, 2012, 01:20 PM
What a pussy... SMFH.

Go...gate
October 23rd, 2012, 01:23 PM
I would put my money on "Jesus and the 12." The triple option of father, son, and Holy Ghost are tough to stop. Besides, Jesus invented the Hail Mary pass. Towson wouldn't have a prayer.

Seriously, I think the allegations about practices and meetings are more of a serious issue

Agreed that the Big Guy and His son would prevail, but as to the coach's actions, where there is smoke, there is fire.

Go...gate
October 23rd, 2012, 01:25 PM
Yup. Even agree on Obama. A very disillusioned Republican.

Nice to know I'm not alone.

Vitojr130
October 23rd, 2012, 02:09 PM
You are assuming he did not talk to coach directly first. Maybe he did.

You are right, and if he did then good for him. If talking with the coach directly did not resolve anything, then maybe the coach deserved some public attention.

However, there is no way to tell how this has panned out other than the fact that we have seen a letter to the editor that stated **** was hitting the fan.

bluehenbillk
October 23rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
There were 5 people accussed of falsifying the paperwork at Michigan, none of them were Rich Rodriguez. Michigan admitted it, two of the five were fired and the other three were banned from the sidelines, stadium, press box, or locker rooms during games. The penalties for the team were light, 2 to 1 loss of practice time (they practiced an extra 65 hours and lost 130 hours of time), and three years probation, but were lower because Michigan fired those responsible. IF, again IF, the accussations are true that Coach Ambrose falsified the paperwork than the comparable penalty would be his firing or banning him from having any contact with the players during games which wouldn't make a lot of sense.

My fault, they fired a grad assistant & reduced their "quality control staff" by two....

http://www.freep.com/article/20100525/SPORTS06/100525008/Michigan-football-admits-major-NCAA-violations-cuts-practice-time-disciplines-7-people

DoubleH
October 23rd, 2012, 02:40 PM

I must admit, I did literally LOL. Well played sir.

LehighU11
October 23rd, 2012, 03:20 PM
Ambrose has come off as getting too big for his britches. His sudden 'notoriety' in resurrecting the Tigers seems to have gone to his head and people like that tend to think they can get away with anything."Do you KNOW who I am" mentality.

I didn't care for him in his press conference following last year's playoff game. My initial observations that he is an arrogant individual who is very pleased with himself were confirmed after watching his pregame talks with his team and interactions with sideline reporters during Towson's games against W&M, LSU, and JMU this year.

I think their smooth talking AD Mike Waddell is also part of this problem. A win at all costs mentality that requires shortchanging student-athletes' time to devote to their studies and cutting two varsity sports in order to dump money into an only recently successful program is not the way to build a strong athletics department. From his "ONE TOWSON" ads after every stoppage, you'd think Waddell had some dynasty going there.

I hope that a rising program is not ruined by a couple of seemingly egotistical people who are only interested in their own success. The gameday atmosphere at Unitas was unforgettable when they hosted Lehigh, and I would hate to see that fade away as quickly as Towson's success came.

HailSzczur
October 23rd, 2012, 04:19 PM
Slightly off topic here, but does anyone know what the deal is with West? Should we expect to see him on the field this weekend?

ursus arctos horribilis
October 23rd, 2012, 05:08 PM
Citdog got in touch with Towson today and will be discussing this on the show tonight from what I understand.

LehighU11
October 23rd, 2012, 05:32 PM
Just remembered that Towson has "#upROAR" painted on their turf this season. Oh the irony. It's probably in their best interest to distance themselves from Twitter at this point...

citdog
October 23rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
we have an exclusive on this story on the FCS Wedge tonight at 7pm.

ITmonarch10
October 23rd, 2012, 05:39 PM
Slightly off topic here, but does anyone know what the deal is with West? Should we expect to see him on the field this weekend?

I'm starting to think there's more to the Terrance West story than what is known. Even if there was a death in his family, he was at the game looking ready/wanting to play.

RichH2
October 23rd, 2012, 05:45 PM
Citdog ,ok I'm hooked . I hope that this is tempest, teapot style.. West at LSU?

DJnva
October 23rd, 2012, 05:56 PM
I hope someone can let us know what was said...

MR. CHICKEN
October 23rd, 2012, 09:17 PM
17051....IFIN' AH HEARD...CORRECT-LEE...ON WEDGE...TOWSON AD...SAYS....PRACTICE TIME VIOLATIONS...UNTRUE/CURSIN'...HAS BEEN ADDRESSED....NOT TA TOSS FLAMMABLES...ON DUH BAR-BEE....GOHENS....IS SAYIN'...WEST MISSED....LAST THURSDAY'S TEAM MEETIN'....AN' FRIDAY WALK-THRU....GOT PINE-TIME....(NO-LINK).....xdontknowx...BRAWK!

HailSzczur
October 23rd, 2012, 10:36 PM
17051....IFIN' AH HEARD...CORRECT-LEE...ON WEDGE...TOWSON AD...SAYS....PRACTICE TIME VIOLATIONS...UNTRUE/CURSIN'...HAS BEEN ADDRESSED....NOT TA TOSS FLAMMABLES...ON DUH BAR-BEE....GOHENS....IS SAYIN'...WEST MISSED....LAST THURSDAY'S TEAM MEETIN'....AN' FRIDAY WALK-THRU....GOT PINE-TIME....(NO-LINK).....xdontknowx...BRAWK!

I have a hard time believing nothing more than a player missing a meeting is going on in that program. It just seems too coincidental that this stuff about Coach Ambrose, practice violations, and issues with a star player are surfacing all within a weeks time......

MR. CHICKEN
October 23rd, 2012, 10:46 PM
JES' DUH MESSENGER...LAD......AWK!

TheGoldCrotchPiece
October 23rd, 2012, 11:04 PM
I really don't know what to say about this. I knew this was too good to be true to have Towson relevant.

i second all of that. i'm in shock..either way this turns out it is not good for the program

long time lurker, andy fan (as he is the only one that posts about towson), somewhat frequent poster on caazone

HailSzczur
October 23rd, 2012, 11:11 PM
JES' DUH MESSENGER...LAD......AWK!

I know, and thanks for that, I missed the show this week. The timing just all seems fishy. You don't have this much going on without some sort of internal issue. I certainly hope it's nothing though.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 23rd, 2012, 11:27 PM
I know, and thanks for that, I missed the show this week. The timing just all seems fishy. You don't have this much going on without some sort of internal issue. I certainly hope it's nothing though.

You do realize that you can just hit play at the top of the page and rectify that don't you?xlolx

Unless you are talking about a different show and in that case I can't help you.

412Express
October 24th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Unbelievable that a college athlete, who has presumably played football for most of his life, would take offense to that. I'm a Christian and that does not offend me in the least bit. Football is an emotional sport, and sometimes the best players are the most passionate. I've heard (and even said myself) some things that off the field would be considered very offensive/unethical, but during the heat of battle when you're out there as a gladiator spilling blood with 10 of your brothers, it made sense. These kids need to take off the skirt.

That being said, the practice hours thing is also not a big deal, depending on the amount of hours they're omitting. I doubt it's much different at any other University that takes its sports seriously.

I would rather have a fiery passionate coach than a lukewarm, watch-what-I-say, show no emotion coach

superman7515
October 24th, 2012, 07:56 AM
...but during the heat of battle when you're out there as a gladiator spilling blood with 10 of your brothers...

http://beyondthemarquee.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/homer_jump_the_shark1.gif

danefan
October 24th, 2012, 07:59 AM
i second all of that. i'm in shock..either way this turns out it is not good for the program

long time lurker, andy fan (as he is the only one that posts about towson), somewhat frequent poster on caazone

Towson fan alert.xcoachx

TUTigers
October 24th, 2012, 08:08 AM
More info here: http://boards.caazone.com/showthread.php?122695-Accusations-against-football-program-via-the-towerlight/page3

danefan
October 24th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Someone said it earlier, but things like this don't happen to teams with strong captains. They get handled internally.

Doc QB
October 24th, 2012, 08:48 AM

Unimaginative and cheap.

MR. CHICKEN
October 24th, 2012, 08:48 AM
More info here: http://boards.caazone.com/showthread.php?122695-Accusations-against-football-program-via-the-towerlight/page3

17052.....TKS. LAD.......INQUIRIN' MINDS....WANNA KNOW...........xnodx....AWK!

Doc QB
October 24th, 2012, 08:52 AM

Although it took me a while to tranlate Mr Chicken's tongue, I agree, Ambrose is a jerk. His commentary on all the Towson TV games interviews has helped him little, he appears arrogant as all hell. The stunt with Keeler was retarded as well. KC was right with his postgame comments...he needs to learn how to win AND lose. Walking out of the tunnel before the LU playoff game, WALKING, hands in pockets, get real. Then he got flat outcoached. One good year should not engender such a 'tude at all. he could easily be back to .500 ball in a heartbeat, and he should know it...he may already be there. And if a once in a career steal like West leaves the program, bet on it.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 24th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Although it took me a while to tranlate Mr Chicken's tongue, I agree, Ambrose is a jerk. His commentary on all the Towson TV games interviews has helped him little, he appears arrogant as all hell. The stunt with Keeler was retarded as well. KC was right with his postgame comments...he needs to learn how to win AND lose. Walking out of the tunnel before the LU playoff game, WALKING, hands in pockets, get real. Then he got flat outcoached. One good year should not engender such a 'tude at all. he could easily be back to .500 ball in a heartbeat, and he should know it...he may already be there. And if a once in a career steal like West leaves the program, bet on it.

Don't forget the "championship belt" Mr. West has as he entered the field through the tunnel on that fateful day, either. An interesting prop for Mr. West to have.

LehighU11
October 24th, 2012, 09:42 AM

While I feel for the majority of the Towson team and their fans, this whole mess couldn't have happened to better group of individuals with egos as overblown as Ambrose, Waddell, and West. Maybe now they'll come back down to earth.

TheGoldCrotchPiece
October 24th, 2012, 10:07 AM
While I feel for the majority of the Towson team and their fans, this whole mess couldn't have happened to better group of individuals with egos as overblown as Ambrose, Waddell, and West. Maybe now they'll come back down to earth.

couldn't agree more..i just hope the program doesn't crash back to earth.

Towson fan alert.xcoachx

stop the presses not many of those..we tend to stay on the zone because we didn't have anything to brag about until last year.

bluehenbillk
October 24th, 2012, 10:52 AM
couldn't agree more..i just hope the program doesn't crash back to earth.

stop the presses not many of those..we tend to stay on the zone because we didn't have anything to brag about until last year.

Welcome Gold Crotch - just in time for next week's game!!!

crusader11
October 24th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I bet that Ambrose is the head coach at an FBS school within five years.

About the W's and L's.

Although, I do agree, he does come off as an arrogant, self-centered, and boisterous jerk in interviews.

TUTigers
October 24th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Don't forget the "championship belt" Mr. West has as he entered the field through the tunnel on that fateful day, either. An interesting prop for Mr. West to have.

West wasn't carrying the belt, an injured LB was. I know Terrance personally and he is a very humble guy.

DSUrocks07
October 24th, 2012, 12:21 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljxvu04ACp1qdarai.jpg

Mr. C
October 24th, 2012, 01:46 PM
This is a letter to the student newspaper, written by a disgruntled player who left the team. As someone who has seen this program close up, I don't put much stock in this ex-player's prospective. The headline makes it sound like this letter is fact, not opinion. Pretty poor work on BOTH article and story from the Towson student newspaper.

TSU86
October 24th, 2012, 08:23 PM
What am I missing in regards to the Keeler comments?

alvinkayak6
October 24th, 2012, 10:38 PM

Does anyone else get the impression there is a lot more to the story than indicated in the letter? This is a team that hung tight with LSU, and a player is writing to the newspaper about coach misbehavior and maltreatment. I think these players are just trotting out obvious examples that they know can get a coach in trouble, because the other stuff isn't going to work.

412Express
October 25th, 2012, 07:30 AM
http://beyondthemarquee.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/homer_jump_the_shark1.gif

Not sure what you're implying with that picture. If you can't relate to that description than you clearly never played college football.

TUTigers
October 25th, 2012, 08:02 AM
UPDATE on the situation.
http://www.thetowerlight.com/2012/10/players-allege-ambrose-violates-ncaa-policy/

UNH Fanboi
October 25th, 2012, 08:13 AM

Ambrose asked Keeler why he was wearing sunglasses at night.

bluehenbillk
October 25th, 2012, 09:21 AM

The only thing related to Keeler was the "handshake" controversy after last year's game which honestly probably got too much mileage in the media. The bigger "drama" in that game was an emotionally comatose UD team came into Unitas Stadium & Towson started some pretty serious pre-game jawing that woke UD up for the 1st time all last season. The game was pretty entertaining, neither team could stop the other on the ground. The UD special team play ended up the difference that night. But, I'd venture to say if TU just kept their mouth shut before the game they would've won the game....

Lehigh Football Nation
October 25th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Current linebacker Brian Boateng said Ambrose offered him a scholarship for his last semester at Towson under the condition that Boateng would start until the end of the spring practices.

Walker said that Boateng started the entire spring except for the last two practices leading up to the spring game, but Boateng’s scholarship was not renewed.

“He was like ‘I don’t pay for seniors, but I’ll make a deal with you,’” Boateng said. “’If after spring, you become the starter, then [you’ll] get some scholarship.’”

Walker, who was recovering from a severe injury said he did not participate in practice until the last week of the spring, but was suddenly named the starter in place of Boateng.

“I didn’t practice all spring,” Walker said. “I didn’t play until that last week of practice and the day before the spring game, they throw me in there as a starter. They said that because Boateng didn’t make it through the spring, then he wasn’t eligible for a scholarship.”

Ambrose denied that he told any player he’s going to get a scholarship and then did not honor that request.

“The descriptor of kids that are not on scholarship and how they have to get on scholarship, what they have to do to get on scholarship may be considered a deal,” Ambrose said. “There are certain things — they have to play, get into the lineup and not because somebody fell down and got hurt. They have to earn their way into the lineup.”

This is getting uglier.

LehighU11
October 25th, 2012, 09:46 AM
This is getting uglier.

That whole athletic dept is a mess. Between this, men's basketball penalized for low APR, and baseball and men's soccer being dropped, I'd be surprised if AD Mike Waddell weathers this storm.

bluehenbillk
October 25th, 2012, 10:16 AM
That whole athletic dept is a mess. Between this, men's basketball penalized for low APR, and baseball and men's soccer being dropped, I'd be surprised if AD Mike Waddell weathers this storm.

Truedat

Mr. C
October 25th, 2012, 10:34 AM

You couldn't be more clueless about what is going on at Towson. I guess you missed that Mike Waddell just signed a contract extension.

TheGoldCrotchPiece
October 25th, 2012, 11:31 AM
basketball & and needing to drop sports are pre-waddell issues. ambrose was also a pre-waddell hire. waddell's make or break it moment will be baskekball with skerry and success of the new arena.

Nova09
October 25th, 2012, 11:48 AM

I wasn't so sure I agreed with this, due to the possibility it really was one or two disgruntled players and the rest of the team would be galvanized. The more that comes out, the more widespread it seems. I can't imagine this is not a complete sideshow to every team activity at the moment.

TSU86
October 25th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Ambrose asked Keeler why he was wearing sunglasses at night.

So I can, so I can
Keep track of the visions in my eyes

MR. CHICKEN
October 25th, 2012, 10:54 PM
17062....HEY TIGERS....LOSE "DUH ROAR"....WHAA NOT GO...WHIFF..."WEEEEE'RE GREAT"[email protected]&4...TONY WOOD....xlolx...BRAWK!!!

TSU86
October 26th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Mr Chicken .... you gotta be from Smyrna !!!!

MR. CHICKEN
October 26th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Mr Chicken .... you gotta be from Smyrna !!!!

17094.......WHADDA YA TAKE ME FO'.....UH...DEAR POACHIN'.....DUCK CALLIN'.....TAX EVADIN'.....BANJO PLUCKIN'.....COORS LIGHT SWILLIN'....NASCAR FAN....xshhhx...AWQ!

Go...gate
October 26th, 2012, 11:13 PM
17094.......WHADDA YA TAKE ME FO'.....UH...DEAR POACHIN'.....DUCK CALLIN'.....TAX EVADIN'.....BANJO PLUCKIN'.....COORS LIGHT SWILLIN'....NASCAR FAN....xshhhx...AWQ!

xlolxxlolxxlolx

Mr. C
October 27th, 2012, 03:29 AM

Yes.

Mr. C
October 27th, 2012, 03:32 AM
I wasn't so sure I agreed with this, due to the possibility it really was one or two disgruntled players and the rest of the team would be galvanized. The more that comes out, the more widespread it seems. I can't imagine this is not a complete sideshow to every team activity at the moment.

Folks, this really is just a couple of disgruntled players. There is nothing wrong with Towson that a win on Saturday won't solve. Towson is a very business-like team.

Mr. C
October 27th, 2012, 09:51 PM
I was suppose to sit next to the sportswriter who covers Towson for the Towerlight this afternoon at Villanova Stadium. Many of us wondered why he didn't show up. After the game, I got a call that the kid had resigned from the Towerlight staff in protest over the series of articles that his editor wrote this week. It wasn't a good thing that a non-sports guy penned those articles instead of someone who knew what was going on. There were some major factual errors and the reporting was exceptionally poor. College journalists need to learn to complete your investigations before you write about something. People should also know that the main sources (the disgruntled players that were sighted in the articles) were some really bad apples on that team from what my sources tell me.

JMUNJ08
October 28th, 2012, 12:05 AM
I was suppose to sit next to the sportswriter who covers Towson for the Towerlight this afternoon at Villanova Stadium. Many of us wondered why he didn't show up. After the game, I got a call that the kid had resigned from the Towerlight staff in protest over the series of articles that his editor wrote this week. It wasn't a good thing that a non-sports guy penned those articles instead of someone who knew what was going on. There were some major factual errors and the reporting was exceptionally poor. College journalists need to learn to complete your investigations before you write about something. People should also know that the main sources (the disgruntled players that were sighted in the articles) were some really bad apples on that team from what my sources tell me.

Mr. C keepin'em honest. Hopefully this all gets reported correctly approximately 14 days after it initially happens ;)