PDA

View Full Version : App at Western 10/27

ASUG8
October 22nd, 2012, 11:03 AM
As an ASU fan this season I am not taking any game lightly, especially one that is against a team that by simply looking at their record many would dismiss. Western is flush with former ASU players and coaches and know what makes the team tick in many ways although ASU's playcalling has been dramatically different this season than in recent years.

At first glance it would appear that WCU gives up a lot of yards on the ground, but not so much if you consider they've already faced all three TO teams in the conference. The Catamounts are averaging 27 pts per game vs. ASU's 34.7 (excluding the losses to Marshall and ECU) so their offense appears to be functioning reasonably well with a nice balance of pass and run. ASU is leaning a bit more heavily on the passing game, but I'm encouraged that our running game appears somewhat better than in the past couple of seasons. App has shown some spark with the comeback vs. Samford but allowed a good Wofford team to steal the game in the final quarter last week.

The Battle for the Old Mountain jug has been one sided with App leading the series 57-18-1 and ASU winning 24 of the last 26 meetings. This game has been played for the last 66 consecutive years and is always one for which both sides really get up.

Gametime: Saturday, 10/27 @ 3:30 in Cullowhee, N.C.

I'm just superstitious enough that I don't make predictions, but knock yourselves out. xrotatehx

ElonPride
October 22nd, 2012, 11:08 AM
This could be an interesting game. This SEEMS to be a good matchup. I would hope that Speir would stick with Mitchel for this game, versus running the 2 QB rotation.
App and WCU have the two worst "total" defenses in the SoCon, so there could end up being a lot of points on the board.

WCU just hit another 20 game conference losing streak. This is a meaningful game for them, and what better way to break the streak than to take back the jug.

Definitely a game I'll be keeping my eye on this weekend.

Go Apps
October 22nd, 2012, 11:10 AM
Hey I believe we could lose this - the only item I would offer after a bad loss we are superhumans - much like at UTC -

fc97
October 22nd, 2012, 11:12 AM
western was a complete different team when the new qb was put in last week.

Saint3333
October 22nd, 2012, 11:14 AM
If App loses this one I wouldn't want to be on the 4th floor of the athletic center on Monday.

asumike83
October 22nd, 2012, 11:25 AM
This game would worry me more if we were not coming off a tough loss. I expect Appalachian to come out angry and make a statement but crazier things have happened.

AppChicago
October 22nd, 2012, 11:51 AM
I worry a little because I see shades of 2004. We were 5-3 at this point in the season that year, as well, and went on to drop two more close ones, including one to Western. We were playing inconsistently, were definitely rebuilding, and were shaken up from a roller coaster of a season. We'd played an impressive slate ranked FBS and ranked FCS teams to that point (with moments of brilliance, including toppling #2 Furman and #5 Wofford), but went on to drop games to a lousy Western team and an even worse Chatty team.

Can we win at Western? Absolutely. Will we? Hopefully, but that's why we play the game.

walliver
October 22nd, 2012, 12:02 PM
I worry a little because I see shades of 2004. We were 5-3 at this point in the season that year, as well, and went on to drop two more close ones, including one to Western. We were playing inconsistently, were definitely rebuilding, and were shaken up from a roller coaster of a season. We'd played an impressive slate ranked FBS and ranked FCS teams to that point (with moments of brilliance, including toppling #2 Furman and #5 Wofford), but went on to drop games to a lousy Western team and an even worse Chatty team.

Can we win at Western? Absolutely. Will we? Hopefully, but that's why we play the game.

I remember that year. You went 6-0 at home beating good teams and 0-5 on the road against bad teams.

I think Western will play hard, but doesn't have the horses to pull it out. ASU may look forward to the GSU game, but should still win by 2 TD's.

Apphole
October 22nd, 2012, 12:12 PM
App will win by 21+. Are you guys kidding?

Old friendships with Spier will be the only thing keeping an angry App squad from dropping 70+ on WCU's terrible defense.

SpeedkingATL
October 22nd, 2012, 12:42 PM
From what I've witnessed from this years App team anything can happen. I would expect App to win by at least 2 touchdowns but with the exception of a bad Coastal team, they haven't done that to anyone this year. If the defense plays a decent contest App should survive a fired up Whee playing their Super Bowl. If Apps o-line can give JJ a little time in the pocket, App's WR's should have a field day.

Smitty
October 22nd, 2012, 01:13 PM
Wow we actually get a thread for a game this year?

OH right this is still the App thread.

Honestly the offense is meh at best with Sullivan at the helm. With Mitchell in as QB we came back from 28-0. If we can limit the big plays then it could be close, but considering we haven't done this all year long I'm not expecting a miracle...

Apphole
October 22nd, 2012, 01:15 PM
We have a very angry team this week that is already infinitely more talented and better coached. The kitties are going to look down right foolish out there.

ASUMountaineer
October 22nd, 2012, 01:15 PM

This.

pike51
October 22nd, 2012, 01:16 PM
WCU is bad. Very bad. Unless they start tthe band, App should win by 28+.

Sorry WCU guys, thats just reality.

asumike83
October 22nd, 2012, 01:17 PM
I would expect App to win by at least 2 touchdowns but with the exception of a bad Coastal team, they haven't done that to anyone this year.

Although you cannot really make definitive statements based on just a common opponent, look at how Furman fared against those teams. They lost at home to Coastal and dominated Western. That Coastal game was our first home contest after The Citadel loss and Western gets us fresh off a defeat as well. Unless we really come out flat which would greatly surprise me after taking another loss at home, we should take care of business.

gsu2583
October 22nd, 2012, 01:23 PM
I think it's okay to be worried, but only marginally so. All App needs to do is play sound, fundamental football, and not try to overcompensate for the Wofford game. Don't open up the play book or anything. Just do what you dew.

Smitty
October 22nd, 2012, 01:57 PM
We have a very angry team this week that is already infinitely more talented and better coached. The kitties are going to look down right foolish out there.

Angry /= Wins

If it did we would be a better team and UTC would be playing in the NFL

ASUG8
October 22nd, 2012, 02:02 PM
Wow we actually get a thread for a game this year?

OH right this is still the App thread.

What are you talking about? This is a non-smack thread in FCS discussion. Because more App posters are involved in it doesn't make it a one team thread. I guess you could have started one. xtwocentsx

I-16Bandit
October 22nd, 2012, 02:17 PM
Western by 6.

App goes for 2 for an unknown reason after a final second TD, but it's picked off and returned.

:D

Smitty
October 22nd, 2012, 02:28 PM
What are you talking about? This is a non-smack thread in FCS discussion. Because more App posters are involved in it doesn't make it a one team thread. I guess you could have started one. xtwocentsx

I was just joking that this is the first thread that has been posted about an opponent vs WCU.

Apphole
October 22nd, 2012, 02:29 PM
I was just joking that this is the first thread that has been posted about an opponent vs WCU.

You continue to ride our coat tails....

asumike83
October 22nd, 2012, 02:33 PM
Angry /= Wins

If it did we would be a better team and UTC would be playing in the NFL

Not necessarily, but App did respond very well to the last loss by playing two of their best games of the season. I'm hoping for a similar response this time around.

biggie
October 22nd, 2012, 02:35 PM
Will we remember that we should throw the ball more than 15 yds down the field...

Saint3333
October 22nd, 2012, 04:24 PM
Last time:

App lost two conference games in a row - 2002
App lost to WCU - 2004

ASU_Fanatic
October 22nd, 2012, 06:07 PM
No way App loses this game. Looking forward to Saturday though, going to Western for the first time with a group of my friends. Should be great, I say App 55-28.

md64179
October 22nd, 2012, 06:35 PM
I think Western is better than the past few years, but not good enough to beat App this year.

catamount man
October 22nd, 2012, 06:52 PM
Western Carolina 45
App.State 44

GO CATS!!!

SpeedkingATL
October 22nd, 2012, 10:22 PM
Western Carolina 45
App.State 44

GO CATS!!!

Shouldn't your handle be "Madcatter"???

ASUMountaineer
October 23rd, 2012, 09:55 AM
Will we remember that we should throw the ball more than 15 yds down the field...

Only is the OL remembers how to pass-block.

asumike83
October 23rd, 2012, 09:59 AM
We were playing the best defense we've seen all year without 2 starters on the OL, Jamal really had no time to let the deep routes develop. I think we will see the offense stretch the field much more this weekend.

As much as he has been knocked by some of our fans for being undersized, I think we are really missing Alex Acey at RG.

biggie
October 23rd, 2012, 11:26 AM
We still should have forced something downfield. Miller is too quick (at least for LBs that cover him out of backfield) and Price too tall to be covered downfield.

Yes, injuries overall have hurt us a lot. I thought losing Grier was an issue, but Anderson did ok as a backup, just think Grier has a little more range against a TO team.

woffordgrad94
October 23rd, 2012, 12:30 PM
App will take out some frustrations on WCU. I think this will be an ugly game. 66-14 ASU.

biggie
October 23rd, 2012, 02:09 PM
App will take out some frustrations on WCU. I think this will be an ugly game. 66-14 ASU.
I would hope for that.

But if we get up big enough to put in a lot of subs, there isn't the talent to keep scoring (at least at a lot of positions, due mostly to injuries).

Waco Kid
October 23rd, 2012, 03:21 PM

Old friendships with Spier will be the only thing keeping an angry App squad from dropping 70+ on WCU's terrible defense.

Our offense isn't anywhere close to being consistent enough or aggressive enough to put 70 points on anyone. The O-Line can't block a 4-man front let alone a blitz, and Jamal makes too many poor decisions when he is on the run. You better believe the Cat's will play lights out for the first quarter or two so we better be ready to play and make sure they don't start to believe they can win.

seantaylor
October 24th, 2012, 01:25 AM
WCU is a live dog. Terrible D, but so does Appy.

seantaylor
October 24th, 2012, 01:26 AM
We were playing the best defense we've seen all year without 2 starters on the OL, Jamal really had no time to let the deep routes develop. I think we will see the offense stretch the field much more this weekend.

As much as he has been knocked by some of our fans for being undersized, I think we are really missing Alex Acey at RG.

Wofford's D is nowhere near as good as GSU's.

CID1990
October 24th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Touchdown Citadel!!!

asumike83
October 24th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Wofford's D is nowhere near as good as GSU's.

I said Wofford is the best defense we've seen all year. We don't play GSU until November 3. The game is in Statesboro. If you need further clarification, feel free to ask.

TheRevSFA
October 24th, 2012, 08:16 AM
I'm sure in 2007 Michigan fans were saying that App State didn't have the talent to hang with them.

Don't start counting your chickens early..

(I still think App wins though)

AppMan
October 24th, 2012, 06:03 PM

1994: Winless VMI 26 - 8-2 ASU 23. It can happen.

AppMan
October 24th, 2012, 06:07 PM
I said Wofford is the best defense we've seen all year. We don't play GSU until November 3. The game is in Statesboro. If you need further clarification, feel free to ask.

The '07 team would have carved up this Terrier defense. It is far from one of their best, or we have played this year. Our offensive ineptitude made them look better that they are.

Appattk
October 24th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Touchdown Citadel!!!

Salt meet wound! xlolx

ASU_Fanatic
October 24th, 2012, 10:12 PM
So is that Mitchell kid starting

Smitty
October 25th, 2012, 05:39 AM
So is that Mitchell kid starting

No idea yet but I believe that most fans would want him to start over Sullivan

SoCon48
October 25th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Anyone making predictions of ASU being able to run up the score on the Catamounts need to look at WCU's showing vs Elon on Elon's home field. ASU didn't exactly put a big whipping on the Phoenix in KBS. WCU only lost to Elon by 11. A close game in Cullowhee should not be a real surprise.

cbarrier90
October 25th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Anyone making predictions of ASU being able to run up the score on the Catamounts need to look at WCU's showing vs Elon on Elon's home field. ASU didn't exactly put a big whipping on the Phoenix in KBS. WCU only lost to Elon by 11. A close game in Cullowhee should not be a real surprise.

Western doesn't have a Thomas Wilson, nor do they have an Aaron Mellette. Take those two away from Elon and you're left with what?

woffordgrad94
October 25th, 2012, 09:40 AM
The '07 team would have carved up this Terrier defense. It is far from one of their best, or we have played this year. Our offensive ineptitude made them look better that they are.

The part about the'07 team just might be true (even though we beat that '07 team), but I call BS on this post. We DO have a good defense this year...one that held GSU to 17 points. It is one of our best. And name the other defenses you've played this year SO FAR that were better (and don't give me ECU as they don't count).

biggie
October 25th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Elon went up 28-0 though. So could have been ugly, not sure what happened, but maybe Elon's D lost focus. But our D has that same tendency usually.

asumike83
October 25th, 2012, 10:13 AM

What defense have we played this season that is better than Wofford? We scored 14 points on offense and failed to gain 400 yards for the first time this season.

Apphole
October 25th, 2012, 10:22 AM
I'm getting a tad bit nervous.

I knew the sideline signaler for App last year. His name is Jordan. He now signals for Western. App has the same hand signals we did last year....

Will Spier deploy some sort of Bill Belichick style strategy here?

Smitty
October 25th, 2012, 11:20 AM
I'm getting a tad bit nervous.

That's probably the nicest thing you have hinted towards Western... Are you dying?

Apphole
October 25th, 2012, 11:31 AM
That's probably the nicest thing you have hinted towards Western... Are you dying?

Hey now, the one thing I will always respect the hell out of is a fan that sticks with his team even though it's the worst football program in history. You guys are alright in my book.

Not too too worried. Just pointing out what made me raise my eyebrows. If Western beats us, Moore will be fired.

ASU_Fanatic
October 25th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Hey now, the one thing I will always respect the hell out of is a fan that sticks with his team even though it's the worst football program in history. You guys are alright in my book.

Not too too worried. Just pointing out what made me raise my eyebrows. If Western beats us, Moore will be fired.
No he won't. But either way App isn't losing.

cbarrier90
October 25th, 2012, 12:20 PM
No he won't.

More like an ultimatum to resign at the end of the year. As Saint said, I wouldn't want to be on the fourth floor of the athletic office if it happens...

Apphole
October 25th, 2012, 12:27 PM
More like an ultimatum to resign at the end of the year. As Saint said, I wouldn't want to be on the fourth floor of the athletic office if it happens...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF8YJ5yv1jc

asumike83
October 25th, 2012, 12:30 PM
With all the unrest among the App fans already, I really see no way that Jerry is the head man in 2013 if we lose to Western the year after we saw a handful of our coaches go there. I don't think it will happen but it would be a nightmare if it did.

AppChicago
October 25th, 2012, 12:32 PM
It's hard not to look at that "unrest" and just see rampant ingratitude. I think Jerry's lost a step or two, and I think there'll be hell to pay if we drop one to Western, but the "Fire Moore" crowd is overreaching.

ASU_Fanatic
October 25th, 2012, 12:32 PM

That could be feasible but no way Cobb fires a man during the season that won 3 national championships here and beat Michigan

asumike83
October 25th, 2012, 12:39 PM
It's hard not to look at that "unrest" and just see rampant ingratitude. I think Jerry's lost a step or two, and I think there'll be hell to pay if we drop one to Western, but the "Fire Moore" crowd is overreaching.

There would certainly be hell to pay and the noise from the fans, many of them big donors, would probably become too loud to silence if we drop this one. To be clear, I am not in the 'Fire Moore' crowd and I do not think we will lose this game but theoretically, it would be a hard one for him to survive.

That could be feasible but no way Cobb fires a man during the season that won 3 national championships here and beat Michigan

I agree, no way he'd be let go on the spot. I wouldn't expect to see him next season though.

Apphole
October 25th, 2012, 01:01 PM
the "Fire Moore" crowd is overreaching.
You mean the collection of idiots that only dwell on Appfan.com?

AppChicago
October 25th, 2012, 01:07 PM
You mean the collection of idiots that only dwell on Appfan.com?

Well, not only... :)

Apphole
October 25th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Well, not only... :)

Murray, Yosef82 ect. The ones that will only hide behind complete anonymity.

There are plenty of dumb asses on our other sites, but the appfan comment section is unparalleled in this fan base. That and the daily UNCC fan trolls have driven most of the reputable posters off the site. I very rarely even read the comments anymore.

SpeedkingATL
October 25th, 2012, 02:49 PM
The truth is, as bad as Western has been for the last decade, against App the Kats have rarely just rolled over and played dead. The last 2 years they gave pretty strong efforts and played hard until the end. Most App fans have a good bit of respect for Spier and the other coaches that left to join him at WCU and based on the success he had at App hope he succeeds except for the Old Mountain Jug game. App appears a little more inconsistant this year and WCU will be a little more motivated as they are improved even if the record isn't. I hope for an early blowout of the Kats but certainly don't expect it.

Grizo406
October 25th, 2012, 05:17 PM

If that happens, please send him to Missoula, ASAP...PLEASE?!!?

The Cats
October 25th, 2012, 05:50 PM
With all the unrest among the App fans already, I really see no way that Jerry is the head man in 2013 if we lose to Western the year after we saw a handful of our coaches go there. I don't think it will happen but it would be a nightmare if it did.

Well, we've fired two coaches after big losses to ASU. Turn about would be fair play. xlolx

Actually, I'd hate to see Moore fired for losing to Western. I think he needs to retire on his own schedule, when ever that is, and I'm sure he'll know. That being said, I do think he's run up the score on WCU several times - certainly the year that Kent Briggs was fired, and he professed that Briggs was his "friend".

ASUMountaineer
October 26th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Well, we've fired two coaches after big losses to ASU. Turn about would be fair play. xlolx

Actually, I'd hate to see Moore fired for losing to Western. I think he needs to retire on his own schedule, when ever that is, and I'm sure he'll know. That being said, I do think he's run up the score on WCU several times - certainly the year that Kent Briggs was fired, and he professed that Briggs was his "friend".

It's not Jerry Moore's job to play defense against ASU's second and third stringers.

theasushow
October 26th, 2012, 11:40 AM

Yea 79 points in (2007?) that was a bit excessive.

SpeedkingATL
October 26th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Yea 79 points in (2007?) that was a bit excessive.

I was at that game and at least the entire 4th quarter App had a linebacker that was a former QB (forget the name but was a good special teams player) in at QB and they ran nothing but dive plays with 3rd and 4th string players and still were getting 6-10 yards per carry. Can't tell kids that hardly see the field to not try.

asumike83
October 26th, 2012, 01:35 PM
I was at that game and at least the entire 4th quarter App had a linebacker that was a former QB (forget the name but was a good special teams player) in at QB and they ran nothing but dive plays with 3rd and 4th string players and still were getting 6-10 yards per carry. Can't tell kids that hardly see the field to not try.

Maybe you're thinking of Josh Jackson? He was a back-up RB that scored a touchdown that day. Can't remember if he every played LB though. However, we kept our starters in on both sides for too long IMO. Kevin Richardson scored a 4th Quarter TD and Corey Lynch ran back an interception with under 5:00 to go.

appfan2008
October 26th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Moore will be retiring after next year... 2013 will be it for him... just not public yet

proasu89
October 26th, 2012, 06:13 PM
The truth is, as bad as Western has been for the last decade, against App the Kats have rarely just rolled over and played dead. The last 2 years they gave pretty strong efforts and played hard until the end. Most App fans have a good bit of respect for Spier and the other coaches that lefqgt to join him at WCU and based on the success he had at App hope he succeeds except for the Old Mountain Jug game. App appears a little more inconsistant this year and WCU will be a little more motivated as they are improved even if the record isn't. I hope for an early blowout of the Kats but certainly don't expect it.

That was Chase Laws, the transfer from West Point. We would have to have started taking a knee in the 3rd quarter to keep from scoring 79 in that game.

SpeedkingATL
October 26th, 2012, 07:00 PM
That was Chase Laws, the transfer from West Point. We would have to have started taking a knee in the 3rd quarter to keep from scoring 79 in that game.
You are correct, it was Chase Laws. Thank you.

theasushow
October 26th, 2012, 07:41 PM
You are correct, it was Chase Laws. Thank you.

we still keep in touch...he frequents AGS.

biggie
October 27th, 2012, 02:37 PM
7-0 good start for App offense.

biggie
October 27th, 2012, 02:46 PM
3 and out for WCU, App had first and goal but held to FG.

10-0 App.

MorgantonAPPAlum
October 27th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Keep up the pressure.

proasu89
October 27th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Uh-oh. Jamal Jackson out with his knee. Hallock in.

biggie
October 27th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Jamal Jackson hurt, season probably done for App.

theasushow
October 27th, 2012, 03:03 PM
This is when not having a bye week hurts, no time for injuries to heal. Sure it's nice to have the bye week before the playoffs begin (or possibly 2 in a row) but if you dont make the playoffs then it wont matter anyway.

boonegoon
October 27th, 2012, 03:03 PM
what happened to Jackson?

MorgantonAPPAlum
October 27th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Jamal Jackson hurt, season probably done for App.

Please repeat slowly to yourself the name Trey Elder.

biggie
October 27th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Ran, slid/dived and hurt his knee. He was limping on the sideline. Trainers said they are icing it and will reevaluate later. Looks like a questionable return.

proasu89
October 27th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Knee injury on a run. Radio broadcast indicated he is questionable to return.

biggie
October 27th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Please repeat slowly to yourself the name Trey Elder.
Don't believe we have any backup of that caliper. Especially losing the 2nd string QB a few weeks ago.

biggie
October 27th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Missed FG.

MorgantonAPPAlum
October 27th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Don't believe we have any backup of that caliper. Especially losing the 2nd string QB a few weeks ago.

Kid in now seems to be doing OK. Let's hope that we have recruited talent and let them step up.

asumike83
October 27th, 2012, 03:21 PM
If Jamal is out long term, we are in big, big trouble. Hallock is looking pretty solid but our vertical passing game will be all but gone without him.

Apparently Jamal is up and about according to the radio guys, maybe he will be able to come back soon.

theasushow
October 27th, 2012, 03:24 PM
If Jamal is out long term, we are in big, big trouble. Hallock is looking pretty solid but our vertical passing game will be all but gone without him.

Apparently Jamal is up and about according to the radio guys, maybe he will be able to come back soon.

just need the defense to continue to dominate and carry us to the win. hopefully jj will be back next week.

biggie
October 27th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Miller TD. 17-0

theasushow
October 27th, 2012, 03:27 PM
17-0 ASU, steven miller and sean price have combined for 200 of the 300 total yards for asu. (130 rush for miller, 70 recieveing for price)

theasushow
October 27th, 2012, 03:28 PM
First downs: ASU 14 WCU 0
Total yards: ASU 302 WCU 17

biggie
October 27th, 2012, 03:31 PM
17-7, we love to give up big plays.

theasushow
October 27th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Hallock 13-13 for 164 yards, not a bad debut. 24-7 at the half. wow!

biggie
October 27th, 2012, 03:45 PM
24-7. Good drive. Hallock looks decent and Price catching everything.

DPASU
October 27th, 2012, 03:50 PM
And Coach Spier whines about Price in his interview heading to the locker room.

asumike83
October 27th, 2012, 03:52 PM
And Coach Spier whines about Price in his interview heading to the locker room.

Ha, I heard that too. Come on coach, you're better than that!

GlassOnion
October 27th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Ha, I heard that too. Come on coach, you're better than that!

What did he say?

DPASU
October 27th, 2012, 03:56 PM
What did he say?

Something like, "We have to stop 14, he gets to do what he wants in this league with pushing off and everything..."

asumike83
October 27th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Something like, "We have to stop 14, he gets to do what he wants in this league with pushing off and everything..."

That is exactly what he said. Come on man...

GlassOnion
October 27th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Boo, bad form. Thats gotta be purple on the brain.

theasushow
October 27th, 2012, 04:09 PM
sour grapes over the QB dominating in his first ever college half.

MorgantonAPPAlum
October 27th, 2012, 04:10 PM
JJ apparently cleared to play.

asumike83
October 27th, 2012, 04:18 PM
So sick of this nonsense! Get a 10 yard sack and then dance around like an idiot to give them a first down which leads to a score. Lack of discipline needs to be addressed.

GlassOnion
October 27th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Sick of the Refs.

MorgantonAPPAlum
October 27th, 2012, 04:23 PM
We have gone away from the run somewhat-need to re-establish Miller on our next possession.

GlassOnion
October 27th, 2012, 04:31 PM
The live stats have Logan Hallock 16 of 16 for 177 yards.

theasushow
October 27th, 2012, 04:36 PM
31-13, starting to file out at the whee.

theasushow
October 27th, 2012, 04:42 PM
complete and total domination on both sides of the ball, stats are far more lopsided than the score.

AppChicago
October 27th, 2012, 04:44 PM
complete and total domination on both sides of the ball, stats are far more lopsided than the score.

Good.

theasushow
October 27th, 2012, 04:46 PM
38-13 APP. Hallock is now 18-18 for 224 yards and 2 touchdowns....reminds me of another backup QB named Armanti.

GlassOnion
October 27th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Logan Hallock 18 of 18 for 224, and 2 TDs. Good showing. Miller also, 172 yards.

Beat me to it!

theasushow
October 27th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Logan Hallock 18 of 18 for 224, and 2 TDs. Good showing. Miller also, 172 yards.

Beat me to it!

Price tearing it up too...thought ASU was in trouble when JJ went down, best game they have played all year IMO. (I realize this is WCU, but the defense has held the WCU offense to 6 first downs)

Appattk
October 27th, 2012, 04:49 PM

Beat me to it!

I think the 18/18 is more a testament to Western's bad play than Hallock's ability...

No saying he's bad... but WCU is really THAT bad!

theasushow
October 27th, 2012, 04:52 PM
I think the 18/18 is more a testament to Western's bad play than Hallock's ability...

No saying he's bad... but WCU is really THAT bad!

I agree, but i dont care who you play, to come in to your first college game and go 18 for 18?? thats insane, incredible poise.

theasushow
October 27th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Defense is having a total meltdown, 38-27 ASU with 9:00 to go. How frustrating to play so good for 3 1/2 quarters.

MorgantonAPPAlum
October 27th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Burn some clock now.

MorgantonAPPAlum
October 27th, 2012, 05:14 PM
@#Y^#&@#^ Penalties!!!

theasushow
October 27th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Unreal...never seen a ASU team without discipline.

asumike83
October 27th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Blalock is gifted an INT by great pressure and what do you know? Unsportsmanlike penalty. That kid should be on the bench to begin with, why is he dancing around?

GlassOnion
October 27th, 2012, 05:19 PM
This is ridiculous. They take a good performance and then play like garbage for the last quarter.

theasushow
October 27th, 2012, 05:25 PM
If GSU takes care of business tonight then ASU may be headed to Statesboro next week to play the #1 team in the land.

cbarrier90
October 27th, 2012, 05:31 PM
I have zero expectation for a win in Statesboro. Feels like a loss. I love that this team continues to perform well despite injuries and setbacks, but they don't know how to close and are completely undisciplined. Would not want to be on that 3 hour bus ride.

Better hope Jamal is 100% and these guys wise up or else we shouldn't even show up for the GSU game.

ASU_Fanatic
October 27th, 2012, 05:50 PM
A win is a win but if JJ doesn't play next week we're gonna get hammered. WCU is has a very bright future, first time in Cullowhee I liked it. Mitchell is going to be a star.

StorminASU
October 27th, 2012, 06:08 PM
This is ridiculous. They take a good performance and then play like garbage for the last quarter.

Couldn't listen to the game, but checking many sites comments and see all kind of stuff about penalties. What happened and how would you evaluate our performance?

cbarrier90
October 27th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Couldn't listen to the game, but checking many sites comments and see all kind of stuff about penalties. What happened and how would you evaluate our performance?

First half was one of the more dominant performances on both sides from Appalachian in recent memory. In the second half, ASU kept it simple, but defensively, penalties allowed Western to hang around. The game turned when Kimbrough got a celebration penalty after a big sack. Would've made it 3rd and 18, but instead, WCU got a new set of downs. If not for the wide score margin in the first half, ASU very well could have choked this one away.

theasushow
October 27th, 2012, 06:27 PM

JJ got hurt, hallock came in and went 20-21 for 230 and 2 td's...jj should be okay for GSU. Miller rushed for 245, Price with 142 yards in the air.

Gringer1
October 27th, 2012, 06:55 PM
I have zero expectation for a win in Statesboro. Feels like a loss. I love that this team continues to perform well despite injuries and setbacks, but they don't know how to close and are completely undisciplined. Would not want to be on that 3 hour bus ride.

Better hope Jamal is 100% and these guys wise up or else we shouldn't even show up for the GSU game.

GSU's top rusher is out for the Chatty game with a concussion. I'm guessing he won't play next week either. Combine that with the circus that the Eagles have for a special teams unit and I don't feel good about this game at all.

cbarrier90
October 27th, 2012, 07:01 PM
GSU's top rusher is out for the Chatty game with a concussion. I'm guessing he won't play next week either. Combine that with the circus that the Eagles have for a special teams unit and I don't feel good about this game at all.

I can't wait for the sandbagging-fest that is going to be the GSU-App thread xlolx

Gringer1
October 27th, 2012, 07:11 PM
I can't wait for the sandbagging-fest that is going to be the GSU-App thread xlolx

Many GSU fans are guzzling the Kool Aid, but this team has some significant weaknesses. The kicking game is a farce and the quarterbacks don't have a solid grasp on the fine points of running the offense. Couple that with an injury to the most reliable rusher who has bailed us out of trouble all season and this game really scares me.

SpeedkingATL
October 27th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Go figure...App turns it on and off like a light switch. Don't know what your gonna get from game to game, quarter to quarter or play to play. You can guarentee that if a defensive player makes a huge play there will likely be an unsportsman like penalty to follow.

Accelerati Incredibilus
October 28th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Western has a long, long ways to go. Spier has his work cut out for him. I am embarassed by the way some of these kids act. Nothing was said to Blaylock or Kimbrough as thery came off the field. JM has lost control over the program. He allows this foolishness to exist, even encourages it to a degree. When called out about it he looks into the camera in his best stern grandfatherly way says how it is going to be cleaned up. Yet it continues on and on and on. I am sick of the excuses and half-hearted attemps to pacify the fans. It is hard to believe anything he says these days. Coach Moore, time to call it a career and go play with the grandkids.