PDA

View Full Version : CAA LogJam

ITmonarch10
October 20th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Who do you think wins the CAA autobid and Who makes it do the playoffs?
CAA Overall
Team Record Conference|Overall | Losses
New Hampshire 4-1 6-2 (ODU, Minnesota*)
Villanova 4-1 6-2 (Richmond, *Temple)
Old Dominion 3-1 6-1 (Villanova)
James Madison 3-1 5-2 (Richmond)
Richmond 3-2 5-3 (UNH, ODU, UVA)
Delaware 2-2 5-2 (Maine, UNH) *1 win over D2 West Chester
* = FBS Loss

I believe UNH wins the CAA auto-bid due to their relatively easy remaining schedule ( W&M, RI and Towson). Assuming UNH wins out, wouldn't they win get the auto-bid because their only FCS loss would be to ODU and we are ineligible for the CAA title. Unfortunately, I don't think they will be seeded.

I'm going to pick UNH, ODU, Richmond and Nova going to the playoffs with JMU on the bubble. Richmond has a favorable schedule (RI, W&M, and Delaware) to win out and make the playoffs. UNH ,as pointed out earlier, has a favorable schedule to end the season. ODU makes the playoffs because im a homer :p and we didn't schedule an FBS game this year. Delaware I'm just not sold on yet as legit playoff contender. I have JMU on the bubble because they have Nova and ODU on the schedule still making it one of the harder CAA schedules to make the playoffs.

If JMU beats Nova then JMU is in the playoffs and Nova on the bubble looking from the outside in.
If Delaware beats ODU then we both become playoff bubble teams looking from the outside in.

Reign of Terrier
October 20th, 2012, 10:19 PM
too early to say. It's going to come down to the last 2 weeks of the year IMO

superman7515
October 20th, 2012, 10:22 PM
No way that Delaware makes the playoffs. About 30 guys out hurt, sounds like the starting QB has a Lisfranc injury and will be out for the rest of the season, and need to go 3-1 just to get eligible. Nope.

HailSzczur
October 20th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Richmond should have every opportunity to make the playoffs given their remaining schedule (BYE, URI, UDEL, WM), but realistically will have to win out to get there.

Nova probably has to go 2-1 the rest of the season (Towson, BYE, JMU, DEL) which is no easy task.

ODU should be in as well, probably only needing two more wins with some very winnable games left (DEL, GAST, WM, JM)

JMU probably needs 3 wins, but should grab one next weekend against GA St, which would put them in a similar situation as Nova

UNH is in the drivers seat as far as playoff scenarios go though, also needing a 2-1 finish to land themselves a spot with (URI, WM, BYE, Towson)

....just have to take it one week at a time and start crossing off possiblities

bostonspider
October 20th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Earlier in the week I posted this scenario

What if the CAA comes down to this:

Nova wins out 9-2 (7-1) losses to Temple and UR
UNH wins out 9-2 (7-1) losses to Minnesota and ODU
UR wins out 8-3 (6-2) losses to UVA, UNH and ODU
JMU loses two 8-3 (6-2) losses to WVU, Nova and UR
ODU loses one 9-2 (6-2) losses to Nova and JMU

Who gets in?

It still seems pretty possible, though I think ODU could take out JMU...

JMUNJ08
October 21st, 2012, 12:34 AM
Earlier in the week I posted this scenario

What if the CAA comes down to this:

Nova wins out 9-2 (7-1) losses to Temple and UR
UNH wins out 9-2 (7-1) losses to Minnesota and ODU
UR wins out 8-3 (6-2) losses to UVA, UNH and ODU
JMU loses two 8-3 (6-2) losses to WVU, Nova and UR
ODU loses one 9-2 (6-2) losses to Nova and JMU

Who gets in?

It still seems pretty possible, though I think ODU could take out JMU...

I feel these scenarios are always possible every year around this time but never end up close to this, someone always starts to bow out and a terrible team like URI or GAST gets a W (please don't let this be foreshadowing for homecoming weekend)

Maine, W&M and Towson will all play spoiler as well, and as stated above, this will come down to the final two weeks (example: JMU SHOULD be 7-2, but toss ups vs Nova (7-2 or 6-3) & ODU (8-2 at worst) to end the season.

xpopcornx

Mattymc727
October 21st, 2012, 10:31 AM
Im still waiting for UNH to lay an egg at some point. It always seems to happen. UNH should win out with @URI, and then home against W&M and Towson. Usually playing URI makes me nervous but after that Georgia State blow out at home, it seems like a bye week. If W&M beats us again, at home, Im just going to lose it...