PDA

View Full Version : chattanooga vs Georgia Southern 10/27

Pages : [1] 2

chattownmocs
October 20th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Hey Georgia Southern,

Are yall ready to watch your proud little triple option offense get stuffed by a superior defense?

dungeonjoe
October 20th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Oh my...that is confidence.

SpeedkingATL
October 20th, 2012, 07:50 PM
And away we go...................

chattanoogamocs
October 20th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Looks like someone opened the bandwagon back up.

...Chattown is was so excited to get this thread started, he didn't even spell check the title!

AppAlum2003
October 20th, 2012, 07:52 PM
What has become of my beautiful AGS? I miss her so...

dungeonjoe
October 20th, 2012, 07:55 PM
What has become of my beautiful AGS? I miss her so...

Sorry, have to spread rep around before I hit you up again

SpiritCymbal
October 20th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Hey Georgia Southern,

Are yall ready to watch your proud little triple option offense get stuffed by a superior defense?

Yes. Props to you if you can/do.

Saint3333
October 20th, 2012, 08:24 PM
So does chattown disappear on 10/27 for another two weeks?

Eaglegus2
October 20th, 2012, 08:29 PM
It seems Georgia Southern is being told this every week. We seldom expose to our opposition the ability to actually throw the ball. We were required to air the ball out against the Furman defense. We opened up the ground game because of the passing. Do you think the Mocs will be able to shut down the Eagle offense? In our lose to The Citadel the offense continued fo prevail.

Looking forward to seeing this game. I do know that UT-C has the ability to slow the triple option down but it is to be seen. Good luck with practice this week. You will need all the time to watch tapes to see just how effective the Eagle offense is.

chattownmocs
October 20th, 2012, 08:30 PM
So does chattown disappear on 10/27 for another two weeks?

Yeah since ive been posting so much during chattanoogas winning streak. Cool story.

chattownmocs
October 20th, 2012, 08:33 PM
I think you need to watch some tape on Chattanoogas defensive line.

Saint3333
October 20th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Yeah since ive been posting so much during chattanoogas winning streak. Cool story.

Go find your first post after the App loss bud and then get back to me.

woffordgrad94
October 20th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Well my oh my, if it isn't Chattown! We've been expecting you tonight!

blueballs
October 20th, 2012, 10:05 PM
The question isn't whether GSU can score on Chatty but rather can Chatty score on GSU. GSU has a very salty defense... Just ask Wofford, Samford, Furman, WCU, Jacksonville, Elon, Citadel.

GSU controls their own destiny for both the conference and a seed and is used to playing in- and winning- big games. The same can't be said of Chatty.

I'm looking forward to the trip.

Reign of Terrier
October 20th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Here's what I gather from this game.....

1)having the game not played at Paulson is a plus for the Mocs

2)Chatty has the defense to make this one a close one

3)As BB already mentioned, the real question is whether or not Chatty can move the ball. I'm not convinced quite yet.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 20th, 2012, 11:56 PM
xpopcornx

gsu_paintballer
October 21st, 2012, 09:43 AM
GSU wins 31-17

chattownmocs
October 21st, 2012, 06:53 PM
The chattanooga defensive line will bully the southern o line and let there lbs and dbs go after the backs of gsu. Southern is in for a long night.

CID1990
October 21st, 2012, 07:00 PM
GSU 24
UTC 10

GATA
October 21st, 2012, 07:34 PM
Yawn...

I feel like I've heard this before...

I like the strategy though. Chatty has a pretty good football team and they're stingy on D. However, they've proven that they are not championship caliber on several occasions. So Chattown figures he'll just KEEP predicting big upsets and STATEMENT wins for his program OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER so that when his team FINALLY wins one of these games he'll be able to say HA! told you SO!

Good lord...you're doing your team more harm than good. What's sad is that Chatty is WAY better than they have ever been. They're actually on the cusp of being a DECENT team. However, Chattown keeps jinxing them.

I'm gonna give his approach a try. I'm going to keep predicting that Western Carolina will beat App State EVERY year. That way when they actually do it, I'll be able to rub it in EVERYBODY'S face! SUCK ON IT EVERYBODY ELSE!

Prediction: GSU 31- UTC 3

chattownmocs
October 21st, 2012, 07:41 PM
I wouldnt really consider beating Georgia Southern to be a statement win. But if there was a way to prove you arent championship caliber I would say getting your *** whipped by the citadel would be it.

GATA
October 21st, 2012, 07:45 PM
I wouldnt really consider beating Georgia Southern to be a statement win. But if there was a way to prove you arent championship caliber I would say getting your *** whipped by the citadel would be it.

Of course you wouldn't. Which is why you started a thread about GSU and App State...because those wouldn't be big wins.

GO MOCS!

GATA
October 21st, 2012, 07:47 PM
and trust me...GSU has never considered Chattanooga a quality win. There has LITERALLY never been a GSU fan that has been pumped after beating Chattanooga. In the grand scheme of things...beating Chatty is SLIGHTLY more impressive than beating Western Carolina or Jacksonville.

I'll give them the edge over Jacksonville because Chatty actually has scholarships.

chattownmocs
October 21st, 2012, 07:54 PM
A win is a win. There just happen to be a lot of gsu and asu fans that love to talk trash on here man. This is simply another step on the way to an outright southern conference crown man.

GATA
October 21st, 2012, 07:57 PM
A win is a win. There just happen to be a lot of gsu and asu fans that love to talk trash on here man. This is simply another step on the way to an outright southern conference crown man.

Look, I didn't want to say this. But your team is about to get crushed. They're going to lose so bad you're going to lose faith in the program.

CID1990
October 21st, 2012, 08:29 PM

Next year, right?

eagle07
October 21st, 2012, 09:06 PM
xpopcornx gonna be an epic thread folks

gsu2583
October 21st, 2012, 10:01 PM

No moral victories, and no excuses, but whooped our own a** that game. Turn the ball over 8 times and anyone can "whoop your a$$."

Well...

Not ANYONE. It might take 9 turnovers for Chatty...

woffordgrad94
October 21st, 2012, 11:29 PM
I think the Mocs have a good team that is really starting to gel. But not good enough to be favored against GSU.

seantaylor
October 22nd, 2012, 01:57 AM
Chatty's offense is terrible. GSU by as many points as we want to win by.

gasoutherneagle
October 22nd, 2012, 02:21 AM
I really wouldn't consider losing by one point after missing a last second field goal, in a game where we coughed up the ball randomly without a powder blue shirt anywhere near the ball carrier, "getting our arses whipped." What El Cid did to CrAppy at the Stone... Pebble..., or whatever you call it, THAT is getting your arse whipped. Oh and, "a win is a win" only works for losers. If we escape Chatty with a one point victory, I won't be coming in here spouting off about "a win is a win." I'll be expressing my dismay about struggling to beat little Chatty this late in the season.

Eagles by 21.

UCMoc
October 22nd, 2012, 04:09 AM
I really miss the days that Mocs fans could come on here and have a reasonable discussion about our team. Thanks a$$hole.

eaglesrthe1
October 22nd, 2012, 04:50 AM

This is an interesting statement. Here... let me try it.

This is simply another step on the way to an outright southern conference crown man.

Yeah, it makes sense when I say it. When you say it... not so much.

noogamoc
October 22nd, 2012, 04:57 AM
We should not be competing for top spot in the SoCon with our pathetic offense. However, we're in the hunt due to the excellent play of one of the strongest defenses in the FCS. Sure, that ball can take some funny bounces but you have got to go with GS in this one. Big birds over the little birds 21- 10.

eaglewraith
October 22nd, 2012, 06:56 AM

Then what do you call getting Sanduskyed by a team that had half a hundred put on 'em by Citadel?

GaSouthern
October 22nd, 2012, 07:31 AM
GSU 24
UTC 10

I agree

blueballs
October 22nd, 2012, 07:54 AM
I find it very interesting how our resident troll extols the virtues of his defense that trails GSU's defense in just about every major category...

Interesting stat of the day: GSU is the only team nationally that is the top ten in offensive yards per play gained and defensive yards per play allowed.

What you can derive from that is twofold: If GSU had even an average kicking game and had started McKinnon at QB from the jump they'd be undefeated, ranked #1, have a stranglehold on the conference and #1 seed, and everybody would be talking about #7 and a rematch against NDSU.

I expect Chatty's best shot and expect a tough, physical game Saturday. I also expect a GSU victory. I am looking forward to going back to Chatty come Friday night, site of two GSU NCS and countless other good times.

SpeedkingATL
October 22nd, 2012, 08:44 AM
After seeing Chatty's offense against App, I would be surprised if they score over 14 against GaSo. If their defense can hold GaSo to 14 points or create 2 or 3 turnovers they have a chance.

Apphole
October 22nd, 2012, 08:45 AM
Stink will win by 3 TD's. Chatty's O is the worst in the conference.

Saint3333
October 22nd, 2012, 08:57 AM
I really miss the days that Mocs fans could come on here and have a reasonable discussion about our team. Thanks a$$hole.

I had never met a UTC fan I didn't like on this board until this guy. GSU by 10, which is unfortunate because I believe if UTC had something to play for they could give Wofford a heck of a game. That is the only hope App has at winning the conference (with a miracle win vs. GSU of course).

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 22nd, 2012, 09:08 AM

Care for an avatar bet?

If UTC wins the conference outright I will don a Chatty avatar for a month or 100 posts, whatever is longer.

If they don't you will don an avatar for the autobid winner for a week or 20 posts, whatever is longer.

cbarrier90
October 22nd, 2012, 09:35 AM
Chattanooga: 10 million

GSU: -14

No explanations necessary...

pike51
October 22nd, 2012, 09:44 AM
Care for an avatar bet?

If UTC wins the conference outright I will don a Chatty avatar for a month or 100 posts, whatever is longer.

If they don't you will don an avatar for the autobid winner for a week or 20 posts, whatever is longer.

We're sorry. The poster you are trying to reach is unavailable (read chicken schit). Please try your request again at a later time.

MTfan4life
October 22nd, 2012, 09:54 AM
However unlikely a chatty win may be...this is a battle between the only two teams in the SoCon that control their own destiny in regards to the conference auto-bid.

chattownmocs
October 22nd, 2012, 10:02 AM
Care for an avatar bet?

Why not just bet on the game? Scared?

gsu2583
October 22nd, 2012, 10:12 AM
http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/mm436/gsu2583/tumblr_m6373c5gZM1rys4czo1_500_zpsea539550.gif

CC Eagle
October 22nd, 2012, 10:43 AM
Why not just bet on the game? Scared?

I think he was just trying to give you considerably better odds.

The Eagle's Cliff
October 22nd, 2012, 11:16 AM
Georgia Southern has no chance. The Mighty Mocs at the Mecca of College Football will run away with this one.

Mecca:72
Drainage Ditch:6

ITmonarch10
October 22nd, 2012, 11:39 AM
Care for an avatar bet?

Do the bet for just the game please. I'm tired of looking at that smug bird every time he trolls.

GATA
October 22nd, 2012, 11:55 AM
Do the bet for just the game please. I'm tired of looking at that smug bird every time he trolls.

I give the guy credit. It is ROUGH being a Chattanooga fan. They have NOTHING to get excited about. This team is essentially a glorified Western Carolina.

Even Elon made the playoffs a few years ago with Lembo at the helm. I don't think I was born the last time Chatty was a playoff team.

Ga Southern Eagles
October 22nd, 2012, 04:43 PM

What are you talking about? A win this week would be one of the biggest, if not the biggest, win chatty has ever had!

gasoutherneagle
October 22nd, 2012, 04:50 PM
What are you talking about? A win this week would be one of the biggest, if not the biggest, win chatty has ever had!

It's OK, dude. You haven't been around "Moccy Boy" as much as we have. Just... let it go. The Little Birdee-Indian Shoe-Choo Choo Trains ain't gonna do A DAMN THANG! ...cept take a beatin' like a rented mule.

blueballs
October 22nd, 2012, 05:31 PM

No question about it...

GSU is ranked either #2 or #3 depending on which poll you look at, is defending conference champs, leads the conference now, and has made the final four in consecutive years... IF Chatty was to win the game this weekend it will be the biggest win for them since at least the mid 90's.

chattownmocs
October 22nd, 2012, 09:07 PM

Only because of their national ranking and the position it puts chattanooga in in the conference race.Not because it is gsu. We have beaten them before. Several times recently.

Saint3333
October 22nd, 2012, 09:31 PM
Only because of their national ranking and the position it puts chattanooga in in the conference race.Not because it is gsu. We have beaten them before. Several times recently.

Wait a minute now prior records mean something to you? Why wasn't that the case vs. App?

After this weekend UTC will be 1-4 vs. GSU in the last five years.

seantaylor
October 23rd, 2012, 01:23 AM

Chris Hatcher and Brian Van Gorder don't count.

keller625
October 23rd, 2012, 04:36 AM
Im glad i watched for a while before joining, to realize who the trolls were... chatty does have a chance, if we fumble and screw up on special teams like we have(the things that make all football teams vulnerable)...but as monken showed last saturday, we can put it in for two. good luck chatty. GSU WINS!

Ga Southern Eagles
October 23rd, 2012, 12:54 PM

Of course it has to do with polls and position. That is what makes games big wins. A chatty win against a 1-6 gsu team is only a big deal for chatty sanity..not considered a big win in the record books.

SpeedkingATL
October 23rd, 2012, 01:07 PM
Any win over a top 5 team is a signature win especially for a program with UTC's recent record. With playoff implications for both teams and the SoCon Championship in the balance how could this not be the most import game the Mocs have played in the last 10 years??

chattanoogamocs
October 23rd, 2012, 01:10 PM

I will spot you Hatcher and Van Gorder and raise you Rodney Allison.

blueballs
October 23rd, 2012, 01:14 PM

That seems like another lifetime ago now, doesn't it?

Off the top of my head I can only think of one Chatty victory against the Paul Johnson (Johnson, Sewak, Monken) coaching tree at GSU... and that was 2010. I may be wrong but I think that's correct.

blueballs
October 23rd, 2012, 01:15 PM
I will spot you Hatcher and Van Gorder and raise you Rodney Allison.

Jeez... this thing is devolving fast. LOL

Reign of Terrier
October 23rd, 2012, 01:44 PM
I'm not ragging on Huesman, he's a great coach, but I think their lack of offensive identity the last few years is an indicator that he's better at being a DC than a head coach. I don't think they'll break past their current limits under Huesman IMO.

Could they make the playoffs? probably. NC and conference title contender year in and year out? I don't think so. Now that's not a call for them to get greedy and fire him, because the prior coaches sucked.

I feel the same way about Samford.

chattownmocs
October 23rd, 2012, 02:10 PM
I'm not ragging on Huesman, he's a great coach, but I think their lack of offensive identity the last few years is an indicator that he's better at being a DC than a head coach. I don't think they'll break past their current limits under Huesman IMO.

Could they make the playoffs? probably. NC and conference title contender year in and year out? I don't think so. Now that's not a call for them to get greedy and fire him, because the prior coaches sucked.

I feel the same way about Samford.

Chattanooga will roll Elon and Western. If they beat Georgia Southern at home your little rat terriers will be the only legitimate threat standing in the way of an outright Southern Conference title. We owe you an epic beat down.

eaglewithabus
October 23rd, 2012, 02:43 PM
I havent been posting much lately, but man, you are smoking some high quality Tennessee bud. might wanna let somebody else take a pull off the bubbler before you cook so many brain cells you forget how to pull your zipper down to take a leak.

Reign of Terrier
October 23rd, 2012, 02:51 PM
Chattanooga will roll Elon and Western. If they beat Georgia Southern at home your little rat terriers will be the only legitimate threat standing in the way of an outright Southern Conference title. We owe you an epic beat down.

When was the last time UTC showed up in Spartanburg.....I'm going to the way back machine.....

They haven't won in Spartanburg since 2000. Average margin of victory is about 36 points. The only time Chattanooga has beaten a Wofford team with a losing record was in 2005 against a very much average Wofford team that lost multiple games by double digits.

Now, I understand that history means nothing after you go a few years back and I also understand that Chattanooga is a different team in the last 4 years than the 10+ or so prior, but Chatty would in a similar situation against Wofford this year as they were in 2010 if they both win out.

Wofford: needs a win for a conference title
Chatty: needs a win for a playoff bid.

How did that game end? 45-14 Wofford, and it wasn't even that close.

I haven't seen enough of Chatty to know how good they are, but statistically their offense is average at best and their defense seems to be decent, but they haven't played well against any decent offense, minus a failing Citadel.

So, in short, I have no reason to think Chatty will beat GSU or Wofford.

And don't get me wrong, I want to see Chatty be successful when they play anybody but Wofford, but I just don't see them breaking the glass ceiling of the program they were 5 years ago.

gsu2583
October 23rd, 2012, 02:51 PM

http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/mm436/gsu2583/YoIPy1_zpsd7b472ac.gif

eaglewithabus
October 23rd, 2012, 02:56 PM
seriously, this guys ambition for his team is comparable to a reality show star named June who thinks her child is something really special. So special, they call her honey boo boo.

chattownmocs
October 23rd, 2012, 03:28 PM
When was the last time UTC showed up in Spartanburg.....I'm going to the way back machine.....

They haven't won in Spartanburg since 2000. Average margin of victory is about 36 points. The only time Chattanooga has beaten a Wofford team with a losing record was in 2005 against a very much average Wofford team that lost multiple games by double digits.

Now, I understand that history means nothing after you go a few years back and I also understand that Chattanooga is a different team in the last 4 years than the 10+ or so prior, but Chatty would in a similar situation against Wofford this year as they were in 2010 if they both win out.

Wofford: needs a win for a conference title
Chatty: needs a win for a playoff bid.

How did that game end? 45-14 Wofford, and it wasn't even that close.

I haven't seen enough of Chatty to know how good they are, but statistically their offense is average at best and their defense seems to be decent, but they haven't played well against any decent offense, minus a failing Citadel.

So, in short, I have no reason to think Chatty will beat GSU or Wofford.

And don't get me wrong, I want to see Chatty be successful when they play anybody but Wofford, but I just don't see them breaking the glass ceiling of the program they were 5 years ago.

Chattanooga has played 29 games against FCS opponents over the last 3 seasons. They have been tied in the 4th Qtr, or had a 4th Qtr lead in 28 of them. I wouldn't look for a repeat blowout performance from your terriers in that one. Chattanooga has blown a lot of games but for anyone to say that they are not, and have not been, a highly competitive team that can play with anyone would be contrary to the facts.

GATA
October 23rd, 2012, 03:38 PM
Chattanooga has played 29 games against FCS opponents over the last 3 seasons. They have been tied in the 4th Qtr, or had a 4th Qtr lead in 28 of them. I wouldn't look for a repeat blowout performance from your terriers in that one. Chattanooga has blown a lot of games but for anyone to say that they are not, and have not been, a highly competitive team that can play with anyone would be contrary to the facts.

I'll buy that. Western Carolina they are NOT.

bluehenbillk
October 23rd, 2012, 03:44 PM
GSU by 21.

GATA_OneMoreTime
October 23rd, 2012, 04:01 PM

Dear Christ, he made a valid point!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eDt_FaMGciQ/Tui-9UGj7sI/AAAAAAAAAMo/Z2VwXPJ2YEM/s1600/impossibru.jpg

PaladinFan
October 23rd, 2012, 05:01 PM
I actually like UTC in this one. The Mocs pretty much got swept under the rug after melting down late against App, but have been pretty good since.

I think UTC is as athletic at the skill positions as any team in the SoCon. I do not think their offensive line is particularly good. If they can cut it with the "where's the ball" stuff and line up and play pitch and catch, I think they can pull it off.

Reign of Terrier
October 23rd, 2012, 05:03 PM
I actually like UTC in this one. The Mocs pretty much got swept under the rug after melting down late against App, but have been pretty good since.

I think UTC is as athletic at the skill positions as any team in the SoCon. I do not think their offensive line is particularly good. If they can cut it with the "where's the ball" stuff and line up and play pitch and catch, I think they can pull it off.

You can't beat GSU without a decent OL.

Reign of Terrier
October 23rd, 2012, 05:11 PM

Never said that, I just said they weren't a team that could close, and given the fact that they've blown double digit leads in 6 of those 28 games, I think that's an accurate evaluation.

Chatty blows big games, or at least they blow it when it really matters. these are historical facts.

mountaineerman
October 23rd, 2012, 05:38 PM

yes but from what i have seen gsu offense is average at best , not the scoring machine they think they are. You can only rely on defense so long. that being said chatty is going to be hard pressed to score on them.
chatty 24
gsu 21

gasoutherneagle
October 23rd, 2012, 05:43 PM
yes but from what i have seen gsu offense is average at best , not the scoring machine they think they are. You can only rely on defense so long. that being said chatty is going to be hard pressed to score on them.
chatty 24
gsu 21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXrnsFah9Ec

Get ready! THE PAIN TRAIN'S COMIN'.... WOO WOO... WOO WOO!!!!

eaglewraith
October 23rd, 2012, 05:48 PM
chatty 24
gsu 21

NDSU rode theirs to a championship last year.

gasoutherneagle
October 23rd, 2012, 05:50 PM
...OH and...

You obviously ain't seen SH-- about Georgia Southern's offense. Average, YES! If you are comparing it to the offenses of the late 90's and early 2000's.

citdog
October 23rd, 2012, 05:51 PM
...OH and...

You obviously ain't seen SH-- about Georgia Southern's offense. Average, YES! If you are comparing it to the offenses of the late 90's and early 2000's.

i know they scored a few points less than The Citadel did!

gasoutherneagle
October 23rd, 2012, 05:55 PM
i know they scored a few points less than The Citadel did!

Yes, they did. And, y'all deserved that win! BIG TIME!

That was the early season with new QB's. Want a rematch... NOW?

mountaineerman
October 23rd, 2012, 05:57 PM
...OH and...

Yes your right I havent seen sh?t that would raise any eybrows,like i said average at best

gasoutherneagle
October 23rd, 2012, 06:02 PM
Yes your right I havent seen sh?t that would raise any eybrows,like i said average at best

SO... the new guy CrAppy fan, who hasn't posted... 'til now, has been watching tape on Southern's offense this season... breaking it down, game-by-game, and has seen no improvement or anything to worry about and the Eagles field an 'average" offensive attack.

CAN'T WAIT to see if this guy is still around in two weeks.

blueballs
October 23rd, 2012, 06:21 PM
GSU's offense is plenty good enough to win this weekend, and the weekend after that, and the weekend after that. They're averaging over 30 ppg and over 400 ypg. As long as they don't drop the ball- and that has dropped off dramatically since the QB change- they're good enough to beat anybody at this level.

seantaylor
October 24th, 2012, 01:30 AM
GSU's offense is really starting to take off. McKinnon is getting confidence in the pass, and Robert Brown is back in the mix. I expect we play our best game of the season this week.

PaladinFan
October 24th, 2012, 07:06 AM

I think that is an accurate statement for a team like Furman that wants to move the ball north and south. UTC, perhaps more than any SoCon team, spreads the ball out side line to side line. They aren't going to run at a good Georgia Southern front four.

Watching UTC play was a lot like watching GSU play. They will go for it on fourth down. Lot of speed on the field. Frustrating on the defense as they seem to get three yards every play. That offense is helped by a pretty good defense that will keep the Mocs in good field position most of the day.

blueballs
October 24th, 2012, 08:42 AM
That's an interesting observation PaladinFan, as you have seen both teams in consecutive weeks against your team as the common opponent.

Chatty beat GSU in 2010 running between the tackles. Last year GSU had pretty much teed off on Coleman and were firmly in control until Robinson came in and Chatty completely changed their offense to something it was obvious GSU hadn't prepared for- a read option from the gun.

Except for the first half last year GSU's defense under Monken hasn't fared well against Chatty's running game, and IMO that gives Chatty confidence and makes them a tough opponent at home for GSU. IMO the two defenses are comparable and GSU's offense is more capable IF they hold onto the ball. I expect a tight, physical, low scoring game where turnovers and the ability to run the ball in the second half will determine the outcome.

SpeedkingATL
October 24th, 2012, 08:56 AM
At least UTC has a kicker that can make a kick when required this year. That alone likely cost them 2 games against App the last 3 years. When you blow so many tight games in the 4th quarter it's the little things that kill. UTC has been lousy at the little things until very recently.

asucrutch23
October 24th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Chatty definitely has the defense to stop the TO. Heck they only gave up 10 points to The Citadel (admittedly a different Citadel team than the one that faced App, but still). It amazes me how many on gsufans are predicting they score 40+ points on this defense. If Chatty has a weak point on defense, it is the secondary. Last I checked that wasn't something GSU can really exploit.

That being said, I don't expect Chatty to do much on offense against GSU. They are the only offense we really shut down this year.

The line on this game is GSU by 7, and that seems about right to me. I expect Southern to win but I see a score closer to the GSU-Wofford score than what some are predicting.

I'll be rooting for Chatty in the coming weeks, but it will be against Wofford, not GSU. I'd like App to face a complacent GSU, not one coming off a tough loss.

Reign of Terrier
October 24th, 2012, 09:37 AM
I haven't seen enough of Chatty to be sold either way on their defense. I just don't think their offense is too good, Robinson or no Robinson. I think it's clear and obvious that GSU is probably a tad better on offense than el cid at this point and Wofford runs a different, albeit similar offense than the latter two, so it's hard to say how well Chatty will defend the option from here on out.

GATA_OneMoreTime
October 24th, 2012, 09:43 AM
If Chatty has a weak point on defense, it is the secondary. Last I checked that wasn't something GSU can really exploit.

Most of the season we haven't exploited it, not in the way that most consider, but last week when Furman was creeping up to stop the run (which they did very well for 2 and a half-3 quarters, we were able to hit big pass plays, something we had been struggling to do all year. If we continue to be able to hit these plays, and against a less than stellar secondary, then it could be higher scoring than some think, that said, I don't think so. We'll make some pass plays when we need to open things up more, but us scoring more than 24 would surprise me, unless we just wear them out in the 4th and put up some late scores.

chattownmocs
October 24th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Most of the season we haven't exploited it, not in the way that most consider, but last week when Furman was creeping up to stop the run (which they did very well for 2 and a half-3 quarters, we were able to hit big pass plays, something we had been struggling to do all year. If we continue to be able to hit these plays, and against a less than stellar secondary, then it could be higher scoring than some think, that said, I don't think so. We'll make some pass plays when we need to open things up more, but us scoring more than 24 would surprise me, unless we just wear them out in the 4th and put up some late scores.

Chattanooga does not have a less than stellar secondary. Certainly not one that Georgia Southern will even attempt to exploit unless they want to turn the ball over, or have Davis Tull and Josh Williams sacking their QB. I would not expect Georgia Southern to attempt many passes unless they are well behind.

gsu2583
October 24th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Chattanooga does not have a less than stellar secondary. Certainly not one that Georgia Southern will even attempt to exploit unless they want to turn the ball over.

We are TOTALLY going to try to exploit your secondary with our 6 passes a game. Good luck with that.

chattownmocs
October 24th, 2012, 10:34 AM
I see Chattanooga really dominating the line of scrimmage when Georgia Southern has the ball. Chattanooga has the defensive tackles to stand up to the power run game unlike a year ago.

longtimemocfan
October 24th, 2012, 10:56 AM

I don't think we will have to "creep" too many extra people up to stop the run. If your at the game take a good look at Derrick Lott #91 6'4" 303 lbs transfer from Georgia. He is a true SEC defensive tackle. Just looking at his physical make up (very athletic) separates him from most 1AA DT's. He has really played well last couple of games.

I do think GSU will have the advantage in this game on the offensive side of the ball. The equalizer could be turnovers. GSU has been prone to turnovers and we haven't turned the ball over in 3 games now. Look to see a pretty tight rather low scoring game. Hope to see a lot of Southern fans there at the game.

gsu2583
October 24th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I think I am going to make it. only a 3 hour drive from Tuscaloosa. WOOT!

Eagle11
October 24th, 2012, 11:12 AM
I don't think we will have to "creep" too many extra people up to stop the run. If your at the game take a good look at Derrick Lott #91 6'4" 303 lbs transfer from Georgia. He is a true SEC defensive tackle. Just looking at his physical make up (very athletic) separates him from most 1AA DT's. He has really played well last couple of games.

Congrats, maybe you haven't heard of Brent Russell, GSU's 6'2 300lb defensive lineman. Good luck to your sack prone offensive line stopping him.

gsu2583
October 24th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Congrats, maybe you haven't heard of Brent Russell, GSU's 6'2 300lb defensive lineman. Good luck to your sack prone offensive line stopping him.

I don't think his size is all that huge, but his intensity and his technique are what is freakin' scary...

longtimemocfan
October 24th, 2012, 11:27 AM

Know all about him. Samford had 2 last week and they lead the league. And that includes playing 2 TO teams. We have improved a lot in that area. GSU will have the fastest defense we've faced besides USF.

GSUhooligan
October 24th, 2012, 11:32 AM
If Chatty has a weak point on defense, it is the secondary. Last I checked that wasn't something GSU can really exploit.

Check out 2:45 http://statesboroherald.com/multimedia/5001/

chattownmocs
October 24th, 2012, 11:34 AM
The best defensive lineman in the SOCON is Davis Tull right now.

chattownmocs
October 24th, 2012, 11:36 AM

Lol terrible throw in that situation. He throws a line drive that almost goes by the reciever when dude is wide open. Put some air under it you idiot.

gsu2583
October 24th, 2012, 11:36 AM

Based on what empirical evidence...?

eaglemachine
October 24th, 2012, 11:40 AM

Check out :55 Brent Russell sack in that video.

GATA_GSU
October 24th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Here's a short video I found about GSU's preparation in practice for the trip to Chattanooga:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgvEpDSGeoU

chattownmocs
October 24th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Based on what empirical evidence...?

I'm not so sure that anyone who has played Chattanooga to this point wouldn't agree.

gsu2583
October 24th, 2012, 11:45 AM
I'm not so sure that anyone who has played Chattanooga to this point wouldn't agree.

http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/mm436/gsu2583/tumblr_m5s0fvQXmS1rys4czo1_500_zps84497f61.gif

cannonballgsu
October 24th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Lol terrible throw in that situation. He throws a line drive that almost goes by the reciever when dude is wide open. Put some air under it you idiot.

That throw was so bad they penalized the other team six points.

cannonballgsu
October 24th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Check out :55 Brent Russell sack in that video.

Incomplete pass.

Eagle11
October 24th, 2012, 11:49 AM
That throw was so bad they penalized the other team six points.

Yea, don't you hate those terrible throws that go for a 75yard TD?

chattownmocs
October 24th, 2012, 11:53 AM
So let me get this straight, y'all think we should be scared of a QB that can barely hit a receiver who is wide open? Do y'all teach your QB to throw the ball like that when he has a man 15 yards clear of everyone? That was awful and it shows just how poor of a passer your qb is. If you struggle to make that throw then there aren't many that you can make.

chattownmocs
October 24th, 2012, 11:54 AM
http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/mm436/gsu2583/tumblr_m5s0fvQXmS1rys4czo1_500_zps84497f61.gif

I don't need first hand emprical evidence when the stats are so lopsided and I have others say the same thing.

gsu2583
October 24th, 2012, 12:02 PM
So let me get this straight, y'all think we should be scared of a QB that can barely hit a receiver who is wide open? Do y'all teach your QB to throw the ball like that when he has a man 15 yards clear of everyone? That was awful and it shows just how poor of a passer your qb is. If you struggle to make that throw then there aren't many that you can make.

WTF? Do you understand the triple option at all?

I don't need first hand emprical evidence when the stats are so lopsided and I have others say the same thing.

How about just one stat?

chattownmocs
October 24th, 2012, 12:04 PM

How about just one stat?

Sacks, tackles for loss....Really you didn't look that up when I made the original statement?

chattownmocs
October 24th, 2012, 12:06 PM

How about just one stat?

How does posting a picture of a complete blown coverage by Furman prove you have a legitimate passing threat?

gsu2583
October 24th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Sooooo the answer is "no, I have no clue how the triple option works."

Gotcha.

GATA_GSU
October 24th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Sooooo the answer is "no, I have no clue how the triple option works."

Gotcha.

Lol he obviously doesn't understand how it works if he's talking about how our QB can't make deep passes well.

cannonballgsu
October 24th, 2012, 12:14 PM
How does posting a picture of a complete blown coverage by Furman prove you have a legitimate passing threat?

We call those moving pictures "movies".

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 24th, 2012, 12:16 PM

It was not a blown coverage. Furman was daring us to throw the ball all day and got burned. After that TD pass the running game opened up nicely.

Chatty definitely has the defense to stop the TO. Heck they only gave up 10 points to The Citadel (admittedly a different Citadel team than the one that faced App, but still). It amazes me how many on gsufans are predicting they score 40+ points on this defense. If Chatty has a weak point on defense, it is the secondary. Last I checked that wasn't something GSU can really exploit.

That being said, I don't expect Chatty to do much on offense against GSU. They are the only offense we really shut down this year.

The line on this game is GSU by 7, and that seems about right to me. I expect Southern to win but I see a score closer to the GSU-Wofford score than what some are predicting.

I'll be rooting for Chatty in the coming weeks, but it will be against Wofford, not GSU. I'd like App to face a complacent GSU, not one coming off a tough loss.

They stopped The Citadel, but so did Samford, and we had a decent day on offense against them with 4 offense touchdowns and almost 400 total yards. Samford and Furman have both showed that forcing the pass does not necessarily work against us.

I could certainly see us having a rough day on offense, but I could see us torching them too.

gsu2583
October 24th, 2012, 12:18 PM

Still waiting on at least ONE stat there, Nancy.

chattownmocs
October 24th, 2012, 12:25 PM

Davis Tull leads the conference in sacks and TFL.

gsu2583
October 24th, 2012, 12:26 PM

Actually I found them. So he lead the league in sacks and TFLs. Nice!

But against El Cid, the only option team UTC has faced so far, Tull had TWO tackles, ONE assist and NO sacks.

He MIGHT be a great pass rusher, but.... we don't.... really.... pass. Oh yeah, you don't understand the option. Nevermind.

gsu2583
October 24th, 2012, 12:29 PM
It also looks like, against El Cid, UTC had a total of 5 TFLs for about 15 yards. I'd gladly knock 15 yards of our 442ypg average. That's gonna hurt.

chattownmocs
October 24th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Actually I found them. So he lead the league in sacks and TFLs. Nice!

But against El Cid, the only option team UTC has faced so far, Tull had TWO tackles, ONE assist and NO sacks.

He MIGHT be a great pass rusher, but.... we don't.... really.... pass. Oh yeah, you don't understand the option. Nevermind.

Furman blows a coverage and your QB back throws an ugly ghetto backyard pass to a receiver 15 yards clear of the defense who nearly falls down trying to catch it. Terrifying. Also, Davis Tull is the best Defensive lineman right now. He is not a defensive tackle however and against the option our Tackles will have to play the largest part. We have the size at that position that we lacked a year ago.

chattownmocs
October 24th, 2012, 12:30 PM
It also looks like, against El Cid, UTC had a total of 5 TFLs for about 15 yards. I'd gladly knock 15 yards of our 442ypg average. That's gonna hurt.

They scored 10 points. They averaged 32 in their other 6. Let's go ahead and knock off the majority of y'alls points while we are at it.

gsu2583
October 24th, 2012, 12:34 PM
They suck too. Our loss to the came from turning the ball over, giving them the short field, and missing field goals. It's a huge blemish on our season so far, one that could have been prevented with the right QB. Otherwise we have progressively gotten better as the season goes on.

BTW, I am really going to get tired of watching all those zone-reads, QB keepers, and WR screens you do. You look like ******ing Auburn.

Eagle11
October 24th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Furman blows a coverage and your QB back throws an ugly ghetto backyard pass to a receiver 15 yards clear of the defense who nearly falls down trying to catch it. Terrifying. Also, Davis Tull is the best Defensive lineman right now. He is not a defensive tackle however and against the option our Tackles will have to play the largest part. We have the size at that position that we lacked a year ago.

criticize it how you wish, but that "ugly ghetto pass" went for 6pts and I'll take that every time

I hope your team is as confident as you, they're going to need it.

GATA_GSU
October 24th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Perhaps we should stop feeding the troll. When GSU beats Chatty (most likely very handily) this weekend we can come back and poke fun at chattownmocs.

gsu2583
October 24th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Perhaps we should stop feeding the troll. When GSU beats Chatty (most likely very handily) this weekend we can come back and poke fun at chattownmocs.

See, according to all the legit Chatty fans, he will disappear when things aren't going their way. Gotta get my shots in now.

GATA_GSU
October 24th, 2012, 12:50 PM
See, according to all the legit Chatty fans, he will disappear when things aren't going their way. Gotta get my shots in now.

That's true. After he promised to tip his hat and call App his daddy (or something like that) if App State won, he was nowhere to be found for some time after App embarrassed Chatty at home.

CID1990
October 24th, 2012, 07:18 PM

That's an idiotic homer statement with no grounding in reality.

CC Eagle
October 24th, 2012, 07:22 PM

Do you have time to copy and paste that remark about *checks chattown's stats* 2,094 more times?

straightshooter
October 24th, 2012, 07:35 PM

Perhaps he needs to go over to the SoCon.com site and listen to his coach's comments regarding Davis and Russell.

chattownmocs
October 24th, 2012, 08:20 PM

He has 8 sacks in 7 games. He has 13 sacks in his last 12 games. But im sure you didnt know that just like your GSU buddy who wanted stats to back it up. Let the ignorance continue.

CID1990
October 24th, 2012, 08:26 PM
He has 8 sacks in 7 games. He has 13 sacks in his last 12 games. But im sure you didnt know that just like your GSU buddy who wanted stats to back it up. Let the ignorance continue.

We'll see which one is playing on Sunday in a couple years, Bubba. Manbearpig is going away the best DL in FCS football.

gsu2583
October 24th, 2012, 08:33 PM

You are a douche. Just embrace it.

eaglewraith
October 24th, 2012, 08:38 PM

And?

We still have more sacks on defense than you do.

And you give up more sacks than any other team in the conference.

It's going to be fun on Saturday.

There's also this: http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2012/Internet/career/careerSackC10.html

CID1990
October 24th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Again, my apologies on behalf of El Cid to all of you here at AGS for not sending this prick into self-exile three weeks ago.

chattownmocs
October 24th, 2012, 08:49 PM
We'll see which one is playing on Sunday in a couple years, Bubba. Manbearpig is going away the best DL in FCS football.

First of all davis tull will be a senior at chattanooga in a couple of years. But then again it is pretty clear you have no idea what you are talking ablout.

And then the old NFL argument. What a paper thin apples to oranges comparison. This isnt the nfl. Production means everything. Nfl potential is secondary.

Lastly. You have no idea whether tull will play in the nfl or not. He certainly would have to add lots of weight but he is that type of athlete. Brent russell on the other hand is a guy who is way overrated as an nfl prospect. I would be shocked if he actually 6'1" 300 pounds. If georgia southern is fibbing about his size he has no shot because that is almost a minimum requirment.

eaglewraith
October 24th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Brent russell on the other hand is a guy who is way overrated as an nfl prospect. I would be shocked if he actually 6'1" 300 pounds. If georgia southern is fibbing about his size he has no shot because that is almost a minimum requirment.

He'll be on the sideline Saturday. I'm sure he'd love to strike up a conversation with a curious fan.

CID1990
October 24th, 2012, 09:15 PM
First of all davis tull will be a senior at chattanooga in a couple of years. But then again it is pretty clear you have no idea what you are talking ablout.

And then the old NFL argument. What a paper thin apples to oranges comparison. This isnt the nfl. Production means everything. Nfl potential is secondary.

Lastly. You have no idea whether tull will play in the nfl or not. He certainly would have to add lots of weight but he is that type of athlete. Brent russell on the other hand is a guy who is way overrated as an nfl prospect. I would be shocked if he actually 6'1" 300 pounds. If georgia southern is fibbing about his size he has no shot because that is almost a minimum requirment.

Incorrect.

GATA_OneMoreTime
October 24th, 2012, 10:29 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvr7f19jER1qa5z7co1_500.jpg

chattownmocs
October 25th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Yep. One guy is producing at a much higher level. End debate/

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 25th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Chattown,

I don't know if you realize it or not, but there is no stat column for the number of times that a player is double teamed. GSU so far has more sacks than Chatty does, and we have already played two option teams.

Could that be because Brent Russell getting constantly double-teamed that other guys on our line are able to get through and get the sacks?

gsu2583
October 25th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Not to mention one of your own sports writes noted that Chatty has given up the most sacks (19) in the SoCon.

chattownmocs
October 25th, 2012, 08:17 AM
http://media.timesfreepress.com/img/photos/2012/10/16/101712_WEB_d_UTC_Davis_t618.jpg?ba5b5b122dd3d37cc1 3d83e92a6a0ec0d5bfa32a

This is what they do to Tull and they still can't stop him.

chattownmocs
October 25th, 2012, 08:20 AM
What does have to do with what we are talking about? I said Tull was the best D lineman in the SOCON right now. I didn't say he was going to have the biggest impact on this game. For Chattanooga that will be the big DTs.

chattownmocs
October 25th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Actually looking at the sacks, Georgia Southern, a triple option team, has given up 7 sacks!!! I think Davis may be a factor after all.

Eaglesrus
October 25th, 2012, 08:28 AM
What does have to do with what we are talking about? I said Tull was the best D lineman in the SOCON right now. I didn't say he was going to have the biggest impact on this game. For Chattanooga that will be the big DTs.

This speaks to my thought on the subject, which is that the stats of a good defensive end typically will be better than the stats of a good defensive tackle. We may be talking about the best end and the best tackle in the SoCon, but pretty much everyone but you, apparently, believe that Russell has more impact on the game.

chattownmocs
October 25th, 2012, 08:39 AM
This speaks to my thought on the subject, which is that the stats of a good defensive end typically will be better than the stats of a good defensive tackle. We may be talking about the best end and the best tackle in the SoCon, but pretty much everyone but you, apparently, believe that Russell has more impact on the game.

I think it is pretty clear that not many people have a clue what they are talking about. It is not an outrageous statement to say that a guy who leads the conference in sacks and tackles for loss is the best D-lineman right now. This is more of an issue that these people clearly dont know who Davis Tull is, and they crowned brent russell as the best player in the world years ago and their minds wont be changed if Tull ended up with 20 sacks.

eaglewraith
October 25th, 2012, 08:45 AM
http://media.timesfreepress.com/img/photos/2012/10/16/101712_WEB_d_UTC_Davis_t618.jpg?ba5b5b122dd3d37cc1 3d83e92a6a0ec0d5bfa32a

This is what they do to Tull and they still can't stop him.

I WISH Russell could get more one on ones like that.

Your boys stats would be in the rearview mirror then.

BTW, that kid looks like 200lbs, he needs to eat some sandwiches.

chattownmocs
October 25th, 2012, 08:48 AM
I WISH Russell could get more one on ones like that.

Your boys stats would be in the rearview mirror then.

BTW, that kid looks like 200lbs, he needs to eat some sandwiches.

lol? do you think a teams are putting 2 defensive lineman on your boy for 60 minutes? If that's what you are contending is happening than you are delusional.

klak
October 25th, 2012, 08:49 AM
lol? do you think a teams are putting 2 defensive lineman on your boy for 60 minutes? If that's what you are contending is happening than you are delusional.

You might want to watch a game or two before laughing.

eaglewraith
October 25th, 2012, 08:50 AM

Let's see what your OL does then.

I didn't say all game. I just said more one on ones. I've watched him get double teamed quite a bit. There's a reason Javon Mention has more sacks.

gsu2583
October 25th, 2012, 10:10 AM

We're not thinking that. We are observing that.

GSUsTALON
October 25th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Review of GSUs A Chatt offense and defense

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2012/10/23/236988/Don-t-Look-Now-But-Georgia-Southern.aspx

gsu2583
October 25th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Wait... did someone say...

http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/mm436/gsu2583/tumblr_ls4sd29aa41r22325o1_500.gif

chattownmocs
October 25th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Those are nice defensive stats by GSU man. But in reality man, these teams have played 3 common opponents and Chattanooga has given up fewer points to all 3 and fewer yards to 2 of the 3. Chattanooga defense is the best in the conference and it will end up with the top stats at the end of the year again.

blueballs
October 25th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Those are nice defensive stats by GSU man. But in reality man, these teams have played 3 common opponents and Chattanooga has given up fewer points to all 3 and fewer yards to 2 of the 3. Chattanooga defense is the best in the conference and it will end up with the top stats at the end of the year again.

The only stat that matters is the w/l record... let's see how that one turns out, starting this coming Saturday.

GSUsTALON
October 25th, 2012, 11:39 AM

All for not if you can't beat Georgia Southern this weekend at your place!

chattownmocs
October 25th, 2012, 11:43 AM
All for not if you can't beat Georgia Southern this weekend at your place!

I feel like Chattanooga has the advantage in this matchup. last year GSU claimed that the only reason GSU couldn't stop Robinson was because they hadn't prepared for him. Well Chattanooga has a lot of tricks up there sleeves. If that's all it takes to embarrass GSU's defense then consider it done.

eaglewraith
October 25th, 2012, 11:52 AM
I feel like Chattanooga has the advantage in this matchup. last year GSU claimed that the only reason GSU couldn't stop Robinson was because they hadn't prepared for him. Well Chattanooga has a lot of tricks up there sleeves. If that's all it takes to embarrass GSU's defense then consider it done.

Anything that takes a while to setup is going to get shut down.

Most of our sacks this year have been coverage sacks. Our secondary is locking down recievers. And good luck running against our DL.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 25th, 2012, 11:55 AM

I can tell you right now that you won't hold Wofford under 20 and I can tell you App. won't top 30 against us.

chattownmocs
October 25th, 2012, 12:02 PM
I can tell you right now that you won't hold Wofford under 20 and I can tell you App. won't top 30 against us.

I'm just going by the teams we have already played man. The future is yet to be decided.

chattownmocs
October 25th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Anything that takes a while to setup is going to get shut down.

Most of our sacks this year have been coverage sacks. Our secondary is locking down recievers. And good luck running against our DL.

We can't run the ball with our RBs but T-Rob and Mini Tebow are going to be running the ball man. If Mini Tebow can avoid the sacks he might jst put up some solid rushing stats. We've seen what T-Rob can do to you. But of course y'all will be prepared this year.

blueballs
October 25th, 2012, 12:15 PM
I took a look at the three games against common opponents- Citadel, Samford, and Furman.

Three things really stand out... Chatty and GSU's defensive stats were pretty similar, GSU shot themselves in the foot with turnovers in two of the three common opponent games, and GSU's offensive stats against the common opponents were glaringly superior to Chatty's.

The other thing that is worth noting is that GSU trailed in all three games at the half and played strong second halves.

The obvious conclusion is that the two defenses are probably pretty equal and that GSU's offense is better IF they hold onto the ball.... but we already knew all of that.

I still think this will be a low scoring, physical affair and GSU should win if they don't beat themselves.

eaglewraith
October 25th, 2012, 12:18 PM
We can't run the ball with our RBs but T-Rob and Mini Tebow are going to be running the ball man. If Mini Tebow can avoid the sacks he might jst put up some solid rushing stats. We've seen what T-Rob can do to you. But of course y'all will be prepared this year.

Run straight ahead. I'll lol.

As for Robinson, he would worry me if we hadn't gotten more aggressive on defense this year. I hated the way the defense was used all year last year and it showed against QB's who could move around. That hasn't been so much of an issue this year.

chattownmocs
October 25th, 2012, 12:19 PM
I took a look at the three games against common opponents- Citadel, Samford, and Furman.

Three things really stand out... Chatty and GSU's defensive stats were pretty similar, GSU shot themselves in the foot with turnovers in two of the three common opponent games, and GSU's offensive stats against the common opponents were glaringly superior to Chatty's.

The other thing that is worth noting is that GSU trailed in all three games at the half and played strong second halves.

The obvious conclusion is that the two defenses are probably pretty equal and that GSU's offense is better IF they hold onto the ball.... but we already knew all of that.

I still think this will be a low scoring, physical affair and GSU should win if they don't beat themselves.

Georgia Southern is better because they trailed at the half? Chattanooga cruised at the end of these games. Most of Samford's yards and points came in the 4th against a prevent defense. Chattanooga's playcalling was conservative while Georgia Southern was running up the scores. The chances of GSU coming up here and beating Chattanooga at home in front of this type of crowd with the TO offense against this defense is slim.

eaglewraith
October 25th, 2012, 12:19 PM
The chances of Chattanooga coming up here and beating Chattanooga at home in front of this type of crowd with the TO offense against this defense is slim.

Hmmmmm

chattownmocs
October 25th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Run straight ahead. I'll lol.

As for Robinson, he would worry me if we hadn't gotten more aggressive on defense this year. I hated the way the defense was used all year last year and it showed against QB's who could move around. That hasn't been so much of an issue this year.

You better be worried more about Robinson's receiving ability. 17 catches in the last 2 games.

chattownmocs
October 25th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Hmmmmm

FMP

eaglewraith
October 25th, 2012, 12:21 PM
You better be worried more about Robinson's receiving ability. 17 catches in the last 2 games.

Please.

We've got LB's that could shut him down.

chattownmocs
October 25th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Please.

Yeah you have LBers who look silly diving at his ankles but I'm sure they can cover him.

Eaglesrus
October 25th, 2012, 12:25 PM
I feel like Chattanooga has the advantage in this matchup.

REALLY?? Never would have guessed that!

gsu2583
October 25th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Yeah you have LBers who look silly diving at his ankles but I'm sure they can cover him.

Two words:

Val Cooper

klak
October 25th, 2012, 12:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PgqWw.png

The lines in bold are predictive, based on what the teams have done to their opponents.

I don't think I would put any money on Chattanooga this weekend.

PaladinFan
October 25th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Please.

I don't have a dog in the fight, but Robinson is a good receiver. I would put him top five in the SoCon. I do think UTC mismanages him. Still, this is a guy that ran all over Georgia Southern last year. Not saying that is guaranteed to happen again, but it is not as though their linebackers have a track record of getting him on the ground.

GATA_Eagles
October 25th, 2012, 12:45 PM
I don't have a dog in the fight, but Robinson is a good receiver. I would put him top five in the SoCon. I do think UTC mismanages him. Still, this is a guy that ran all over Georgia Southern last year. Not saying that is guaranteed to happen again, but it is not as though their linebackers have a track record of getting him on the ground.

We weren't prepared to see him in at QB. We prepared for a pocket passer in BJ Coleman and when Robinson came in, it threw our game plan out the window. This year we have film on him and will be much more prepared.

chattownmocs
October 25th, 2012, 12:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PgqWw.png

The lines in bold are predictive, based on what the teams have done to their opponents.

I don't think I would put any money on Chattanooga this weekend.

Often times 30 yards in 4 plays equal a punting situation while 20 yards in 6 plays equals a 1st and 10. I'll let you do the math on that.

chattownmocs
October 25th, 2012, 12:47 PM
We weren't prepared to see him in at QB. We prepared for a pocket passer in BJ Coleman and when Robinson came in, it threw our game plan out the window. This year we have film on him and will be much more prepared.

Y'all have a lot more to prepare for this year. I hope you are able to spend ample time on all of Chattanooga's formations and wrinkles.

klak
October 25th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Often times 30 yards in 4 plays equal a punting situation while 20 yards in 6 plays equals a 1st and 10. I'll let you do the math on that.

That's very true. But 7 games into the season, you can throw out the sample size argument.

The facts stand:
- We are the best offense you have faced all year
- We are the best defense you have faced all year
- You are the worst offense we have faced all year
- You are middle of the pack on defense compared to the teams we've faced
- We held every team below their offensive output for the season
- We out-gained every team's defensive output except The Citadel
- Our offense and defense play 21% better than opponent average
- Your defense plays 15% better, but your offense is 20% WORSE than opponent average

GATA_Eagles
October 25th, 2012, 12:56 PM
That's very true. But 7 games into the season, you can throw out the sample size argument.

The facts stand:
- Your offense plays 15% better, but 20% WORSE than opponent average

Woah woah woah. Get out of here with those facts and logic! :D

chattownmocs
October 25th, 2012, 01:00 PM

The facts stand:
- Your defense plays 15% better, but your offense is 20% WORSE than opponent average

Chattanooga has played 3 common opponents and has beaten all of them more soundly. The major apples to apples comparisons favor Chattanooga in a big way. Not that your arguments didn't fall apart from the very beginning.

klak
October 25th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Woah woah woah. Get out of here with those facts and logic! :D

Basically it boils down to this:

I expect Georgia Southern to gain between 5.75 and 6.01 yards per play.
I expect Chattanooga to gain between 3.60 and 3.71 yards per play.

Since you're TOTALLY dominating TOP, I'll give you an extra 10 plays. We'll assume that Georgia Southern runs 60 plays and UTC runs 70. (not going to happen, but whatever)

So that has GSU at 345-360.6 yards and UTC at 252-259.7.

If we outgain you by 100 yards, this won't be close.

Cap'n Obvious
October 25th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Ah, the old transitive property defense. Completely useless. xcoffeex

Eagle11
October 25th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Georgia Southern is better because they trailed at the half? Chattanooga cruised at the end of these games. Most of Samford's yards and points came in the 4th against a prevent defense. Chattanooga's playcalling was conservative while Georgia Southern was running up the scores. The chances of GSU coming up here and beating Chattanooga at home in front of this type of crowd with the TO offense against this defense is slim.

In front of what type of crowd? You average less than 10,000 per game. You didn't even get 14,000 for your game against App. I really doubt the crowd will make to much difference.

chattownmocs
October 25th, 2012, 01:38 PM
In front of what type of crowd? You average less than 10,000 per game. You didn't even get 14,000 for your game against App. I really doubt the crowd will make to much difference.

What is your prediction on how many people will be there? I need a laugh.

PaladinFan
October 25th, 2012, 01:39 PM

I can appreciate that it was a change up last season. Still, let's not be silly. Robinson ran essentially the same play for most of the game against Georgia Southern and the Eagles didn't come remotely close to stopping it. It was the same read option/QB keeper play that every college football team in the country runs. I can understand there was little preparation for a running quarterback, but still, it is not like he was doing anything fancy back there.

At the time, I remember equating it to a game a few years back where the Carolina Panthers played at Atlanta and spent virtually the entire second half running out of the wild cat formation with unbelievable success. As a fan, you sit there and say "how is this working?!?!" even though you realize your team didn't prepare for a running back taking the vast majority of the second half snaps. Still, gotta step up and put a shoulder on the guy.

eaglewraith
October 25th, 2012, 02:00 PM

I've been real impressed with our freshman Stevenson in pass coverage. He also has a lot of quicks, he turned in a 40 time faster than McKinnon in pre-season camp.

Eubanks is playing a hybrid LB/safety position and has been pretty punishing on receivers.

This is also a slightly different defense than last year. We have the same DC, but he brought on a coach as LB coach that he's worked with in the past. You can tell there's a big difference in our schemes due to how they work together. One of the things that frustrated me so much about our DL last year was that they seemed to allow the pocket to develop and stretched laterally to maintain containment without pressing. This allowed the QB plenty of time to either let a receiver get open or slip through and get downfield. This year the DL is crashing the pocket and leaving QB's little time or room to sit still without having a defender in his face. The changes we've made in the secondary have been a big difference as well. Both of our corners have pick-6's with multiple int's each.

I feel much more confident about our defense this year than at any point last year.

chattownmocs
October 25th, 2012, 02:04 PM
I've been real impressed with our freshman Stevenson in pass coverage. He also has a lot of quicks, he turned in a 40 time faster than McKinnon in pre-season camp.

Eubanks is playing a hybrid LB/safety position and has been pretty punishing on receivers.

This is also a slightly different defense than last year. We have the same DC, but he brought on a coach as LB coach that he's worked with in the past. You can tell there's a big difference in our schemes due to how they work together. One of the things that frustrated me so much about our DL last year was that they seemed to allow the pocket to develop and stretched laterally to maintain containment without pressing. This allowed the QB plenty of time to either let a receiver get open or slip through and get downfield. This year the DL is crashing the pocket and leaving QB's little time or room to sit still without having a defender in his face. The changes we've made in the secondary have been a big difference as well. Both of our corners have pick-6's with multiple int's each.

I feel much more confident about our defense this year than at any point last year.

Looks like they actually have 2 Lbs that can cover Robinson. We are screwed.

gsu2583
October 25th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Y'all have a lot more to prepare for this year. I hope you are able to spend ample time on all of Chattanooga's formations and wrinkles.

You mean the HB-to-QB shift when Huesman and Robinson are both in the backfield at the same time?
Or is it the 121 WR screens you throw in a game?
Or is it the sweep to Robinson (when he's lined up in the slot) where he pulls up to throw it down field?
Maybe that double reverse you ran against Furple?
Or was it the 86 ADDITIONAL WR screens you threw?

I think we have got it all covered.

eaglewraith
October 25th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Looks like they actually have 2 Lbs that can cover Robinson. We are screwed.

Nice to know you've joined us in reality.

gsu2583
October 25th, 2012, 02:37 PM
I forgot to include the zone read hand-offs/QB keepers and the QB draws...

Sorry.

Cap'n Obvious
October 25th, 2012, 02:58 PM
I think it is pretty clear that not many people have a clue what they are talking about. It is not an outrageous statement to say that a guy who leads the conference in sacks and tackles for loss is the best D-lineman right now. This is more of an issue that these people clearly dont know who Davis Tull is, and they crowned brent russell as the best player in the world years ago and their minds wont be changed if Tull ended up with 20 sacks.

Isn't Davis Tull a band? Oh wait, that was Jethro Tull.......nevermind.

Eagle11
October 25th, 2012, 03:11 PM
What is your prediction on how many people will be there? I need a laugh.

15,000 and thats only because GSU travels so well.

Apphole
October 25th, 2012, 03:12 PM

Yeah right. There were only like 11k for App. You won't get past that.

blueballs
October 25th, 2012, 03:18 PM
I can appreciate that it was a change up last season. Still, let's not be silly. Robinson ran essentially the same play for most of the game against Georgia Southern and the Eagles didn't come remotely close to stopping it. It was the same read option/QB keeper play that every college football team in the country runs. I can understand there was little preparation for a running quarterback, but still, it is not like he was doing anything fancy back there.

At the time, I remember equating it to a game a few years back where the Carolina Panthers played at Atlanta and spent virtually the entire second half running out of the wild cat formation with unbelievable success. As a fan, you sit there and say "how is this working?!?!" even though you realize your team didn't prepare for a running back taking the vast majority of the second half snaps. Still, gotta step up and put a shoulder on the guy.

Shoot, Paladinfan, they weren't ever within 45-60 feet of him on the read option until he was 10-15 yards down the field. It beat anything I've ever seen. It was like a trick play every time they ran it. They didn't have to block any GSU players because they were all running the other way when he pulled the ball and I'm not exaggerating. GSU didn't get a good shot on him the entire second half until the ill fated two point conversion play at the end. I was thinking the same thing you were except I was cussing at the time. LOL

chattownmocs
October 25th, 2012, 03:20 PM

How many is GSU going to bring 2,000? 2500? Pretty big crowd. There will be 18k or so.

blueballs
October 25th, 2012, 03:22 PM
How many is GSU going to bring 2,000? 2500? Pretty big crowd. There will be 18k or so.

At least... perhaps more. GSU has a lot of fans and alumni in the Atlanta area.

Eagle22
October 25th, 2012, 03:24 PM

No. Sometimes it's three.

chattownmocs
October 25th, 2012, 03:27 PM
No. Sometimes it's three.

No it isn't. Everyone once in a while someone might double team him or send a RB to chip him. You can't create that type of numbers advantage for the defense. This is not peewee league noone is that stupid. Double teams in college and professional sports are one of the most overrated and misunderstood concepts by fans.

GATA_Eagles
October 25th, 2012, 03:33 PM
No it isn't. Everyone once in a while someone might double team him or send a RB to chip him. You can't create that type of numbers advantage for the defense. This is not peewee league noone is that stupid. Double teams in college and professional sports are one of the most overrated and misunderstood concepts by fans.

I'm pretty sure E22 has a photo or two he can show you of Russell being triple teamed.

tigonian02
October 25th, 2012, 09:33 PM
I'm pretty sure E22 has a photo or two he can show you of Russell being triple teamed.

Brent Russell has definitely been triple teamed. I've been sitting back watching this clown troll everyone on here for days now. As amusing as it has been to watch, I think it's time to let this thing die out. Who know...maybe he's right. Maybe enough Chattanooga fans will sell their souls to the devil for this win. That's what it's going to take for the choo choo's to "buy" the win. I doubt it will happen, but it's possible I suppose.

seantaylor
October 26th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Two words:

Val Cooper

Cooper is good, but Westbrooks is our shutdown corner. Westbrooks not getting the love. He locks his guy down.

eaglewraith
October 26th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Cooper is good, but Westbrooks is our shutdown corner. Westbrooks not getting the love. He locks his guy down.

They've done equally well. Both have 2 int's with one of them returned for a TD. Also, Cooper saved a monster TD pass against Wofford that would have hurt big time.

GATA_GSU
October 26th, 2012, 09:47 AM
http://www.wdef.com/content/sports/localsports/story/Mocs-Expect-Big-Test-Against-GSU-Offense/4H-GGYx0lUGdFOkDxKMvDQ.cspx

I was reading this article on this local Chattanooga news website. If you watch the video preview, you'll notice they used the wrong logo (they used Georgia State's logo) for Georgia Southern on the screen beside the news anchor. Two things: 1) I hate being associated with Georgia State and their terrible football program 2) Could this news station not have found the Georgia Southern logo? I mean it can't be that difficult to Google search something like that.

ITmonarch10
October 26th, 2012, 10:48 AM
http://www.wdef.com/content/sports/localsports/story/Mocs-Expect-Big-Test-Against-GSU-Offense/4H-GGYx0lUGdFOkDxKMvDQ.cspx

I was reading this article on this local Chattanooga news website. If you watch the video preview, you'll notice they used the wrong logo (they used Georgia State's logo) for Georgia Southern on the screen beside the news anchor. Two things: 1) I hate being associated with Georgia State and their terrible football program 2) Could this news station not have found the Georgia Southern logo? I mean it can't be that difficult to Google search something like that.

You have to give it to Chatty fans, They know how to get under GSU fans skins.xawesomex

chattownmocs
October 26th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I love the way our coaches players and media outlets are lulling this team by making them feel as if they are the best team ever. I think GSU has a rude awakening in store inside the Mecca tomorrow night. I just don't have that gene in me though. I must tell y'all what is going to happen before it does.

blueballs
October 26th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I love the way our coaches players and media outlets are lulling this team by making them feel as if they are the best team ever.

What a load of horse squeeze.... do you really think that GSU is going to think they have this thing won before they walk onto the field and come out half azzed, despite the fact that they're playing for a conference title and a national seed?

They'll be ready to play just like your team will.

You sure can tell who has actually played and competed for something before... Jeezus.... SMFH.

chattownmocs
October 26th, 2012, 11:07 AM
What a load of horse squeeze.... do you really think that GSU is going to think they have this thing won before they walk onto the field and come out half azzed, despite the fact that they're playing for a conference title and a national seed?

They'll be ready to play just like your team will.

You sure can tell who has actually played and competed for something before... Jeezus.... SMFH.

So you won't use that as an excuse then if GSU loses right? You won't say they were looking ahead or anything?

asumike83
October 26th, 2012, 11:23 AM
The tone of this thread seems very familiar.

Tell Kimbrough to stay out of Huesman's way if he doesn't want to get trucked. Huesman could very possibly rush for 200+ yards against that weak defense.

Chattanooga is better at every level defensively. App State's offense has NO chance.

As you were... xpopcornx

chattownmocs
October 26th, 2012, 11:29 AM
The tone of this thread seems very familiar.

As you were... xpopcornx

Cool and now we are in control of our own destiny and y'all are rooting against us.

asumike83
October 26th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Cool and now we are in control of our own destiny and y'all are rooting against us.

I'm not rooting against Chatty at all. The more games you win, the better our playoff resume looks since we clobbered you at your place. I'm not worried about anybody but App, if we win our games then we'll get our shot in the postseason.

In this game, I'll take GSU by 7-10.

gsu2583
October 26th, 2012, 12:42 PM

You were in control of your own destiny at the start of the season too.

chattownmocs
October 26th, 2012, 12:45 PM
You were in control of your own destiny at the start of the season too.

Now we are back in control.

gsu_paintballer
October 26th, 2012, 12:56 PM

Until Saturday around 9 PM Eastern.

Hell, who am I kidding? Until Saturday around 6:15 PM Eastern.

chattownmocs
October 26th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Until Saturday around 9 PM Eastern.

Hell, who am I kidding? Until Saturday around 6:15 PM Eastern.

Cool story.

eaglewraith
October 26th, 2012, 01:06 PM

As are we.

Cap'n Obvious
October 26th, 2012, 01:08 PM

Not trying to be too much of an *** here but you seem to make the same claims no matter the team. Have you actually been right in the past? You know, against winning teams?

GATA_GSU
October 26th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Hey, chattownmocs, what are you going to do if Georgia Southern wins?

Horseshoe App
October 26th, 2012, 06:03 PM
The same thing he did when ASU won. He will hide for a few weeks and then come back saying UTC is the best. He is very predictable.

Hey, chattownmocs, what are you going to do if Georgia Southern wins?

gasoutherneagle
October 26th, 2012, 06:28 PM
I love the way our coaches players and media outlets are lulling this team by making them feel as if they are the best team ever. I think GSU has a rude awakening in store inside the Mecca tomorrow night. I just don't have that gene in me though. I must tell y'all what is going to happen before it does.

HOW THIRD-RATE OF A MEDIA OUTLET ARE YOU IN...

...when your news station can't even get the logo of the most dominant member of YOUR OWN CONFERENCE right?!?!

WOW!

That almost makes my story 'bout the Chattanooga native wearing a UTC t-shirt, who didn't know they had a football team, like a fluff piece. xlolxxlolxxlolx

chattownmocs
October 26th, 2012, 06:51 PM
HOW THIRD-RATE OF A MEDIA OUTLET ARE YOU IN...

...when your news station can't even get the logo of the most dominant member of YOUR OWN CONFERENCE right?!?!

WOW!

That almost makes my story 'bout the Chattanooga native wearing a UTC t-shirt, who didn't know they had a football team, like a fluff piece. xlolxxlolxxlolx

We actually have 4news stations but you are right. They dont care about georgia southern football nor should they. You act like they got ugas logo wrong. Who the f cares?

gasoutherneagle
October 26th, 2012, 06:55 PM
THIRD-RATE OF A MEDIA OUTLET

4news stations

AND THAT'S THE NEWS, FOLKS...

I'm outta here!!!xlolx

gsu2583
October 26th, 2012, 07:13 PM
We actually have 4news stations but you are right. They dont care about georgia southern football nor should they. You act like they got ugas logo wrong. Who the f cares?

I don't know, maybe the legitimate fans of your program care. Maybe people with journalistic integrity care.

I sure would like to meet u before the game, unless you have a prior commitment. I doubt you have the stones. Hell, I'll even spot you a beer so you can kill 8 of your remaining 12 brain cells.

CID1990
October 26th, 2012, 10:13 PM
I don't know, maybe the legitimate fans of your program care. Maybe people with journalistic integrity care.

I sure would like to meet u before the game, unless you have a prior commitment. I doubt you have the stones. Hell, I'll even spot you a beer so you can kill 8 of your remaining 12 brain cells.

No lunch or cops?

citdog
October 26th, 2012, 10:45 PM

ninny queer rubes?

gsu2583
October 27th, 2012, 10:33 AM
As my daughter just said "We're in Chickenooga!" She's three and got it just right.

keller625
October 27th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Is anyone going to be posting updates on here during the game, or know of what website will have play by plays(that can be accessed via droid) im gonna be in the woods w only my phone but want to be able to check in and see how many points GSU is up by

gsu2583
October 27th, 2012, 01:59 PM
So I guess that's a "no" Chattown?

eagle07
October 27th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Uh oh 14-0 eagles

theasushow
October 27th, 2012, 05:28 PM
ASU gonna be in Statesboro to play #1 next week....

eagle07
October 27th, 2012, 05:29 PM
14-7 eagles gonna be a high scoring game

gataeagles06
October 27th, 2012, 06:06 PM
21-7 GSU. 6 min to go in half

utcfan
October 27th, 2012, 06:09 PM
21-10...hate to have to settle for FGs...better than nothing I guess

gataeagles06
October 27th, 2012, 06:09 PM
21-10. Less than 5 to go in half

Gringer1
October 27th, 2012, 06:23 PM
GSU's failure to recruit good replacements for the All-American kickers we had last year is really hurting us. A missed field goal leaves the score 21-10 at the half.

utcfan
October 27th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Eagles get the ball to start the 2nd half...Mocs have a lot of corrections to make at the half before they get that butt handed to them in Finley

straightshooter
October 27th, 2012, 06:29 PM
GSU playing without starting B-back Swope. Didn't make the trip due to concussion. Backups playing decent, but the dropoff is BIG...

utcfan
October 27th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Mocs offense anemic

utcfan
October 27th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Mocs get a turnover to stop the drive, now the UTC offense needs to put up 7

utcfan
October 27th, 2012, 06:49 PM
21-17. Mocs trying to make it interesting.

Gringer1
October 27th, 2012, 06:49 PM
ASU gonna be in Statesboro to play #1 next week....

Please no. That's been the kiss of death the past couple of meetings.

MorgantonAPPAlum
October 27th, 2012, 06:59 PM
I'm a little torn on this one-if the Mocs win then our win there looks more impressive for the purposes of gaining a post season bid. OTOH if UTC wins then we will be facing a very pissed off GSU team in Statesboro next Saturday in a game we really need to win.xconfusedxxchinscratchx

theasushow
October 27th, 2012, 07:06 PM
I'm a little torn on this one-if the Mocs win then our win there looks more impressive for the purposes of gaining a post season bid. OTOH if UTC wins then we will be facing a very pissed off GSU team in Statesboro next Saturday.xconfusedxxchinscratchx

Gotta think about big SOCON picture here, every GSU/Wofford loss keeps ASU/Wofford/GSU that much closer together haha.

proasu89
October 27th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Please no. That's been the kiss of death the past couple of meetings.

Different story this time. The two previous times the road team was #1.

MorgantonAPPAlum
October 27th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Gotta think about big SOCON picture here, every GSU/Wofford loss keeps ASU/Wofford/GSU that much closer together haha.

Don't forget though that UTC only has one conference loss. If they beat GSU and we beat to the Eagles then UTC will play Wofford in a couple of weeks with the conference title on the line. Whoever wins that, there would be three teams with 8-3 records trying to get at-large berths (barring some upset like Samford or Elon beating either UTC or Wofford or us losing to Furman).

And if we lose to GSU we would finish 4th in the conference with little chance for a bid.

utcfan
October 27th, 2012, 07:14 PM
24-21 UTC.

Bisonwinagn
October 27th, 2012, 07:25 PM
is there a webcast somewhere?

utcfan
October 27th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Fumbled punt by UTC leads to a GSU FG, 24-24