PDA

View Full Version : This year the MVFC is the SEC of the FCS

penguinpower
October 20th, 2012, 07:16 PM
What a crazy league. No wonder why the Big 10 is so bad. I think the MVFC is getting their recruits. Any team can beat any other team Any Given Saturday.

Hawk98
October 20th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Just so we aren't delusional here, you realize that the Big10 would probably go something like 110-10 against the MVFC in a round robin matchup, right?

Drblankstare
October 20th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Just so we aren't delusional here, you realize that the Big10 would probably go something like 110-10 against the MVFC in a round robin matchup, right?

Take your logic elsewhere pleasexlolx

Twentysix
October 21st, 2012, 03:03 AM

Id take NDSU against most of the bigten in the fargodome :D!

seantaylor
October 21st, 2012, 03:06 AM
The SEC is Alabama and Florida and a bunch of substitute teachers. ESPN has brainwashed everyone.

frozennorth
October 21st, 2012, 04:14 AM
a better comparison for the point you want to make is the big12, which is a better league top to bottom. there are 4 pretty solid teams in the sec, and a huge pile of garbage.

Lumberjackfanbefore2012
October 21st, 2012, 04:43 AM
Big Sky> MVFC

frozennorth
October 21st, 2012, 05:00 AM
Big Sky> MVFC

why, because the bottom of the mvfc and CAA are actually good enough to beat the good teams? (lol USD and GaST excluded)

13 MISSOURI VALLEY (AA)= 57.27 57.00 ( 13) 10 56.96 ( 13)
14 COLONIAL (AA)= 56.38 54.48 ( 15) 11 55.29 ( 14)
15 SOUTHERN (AA)= 55.48 55.17 ( 14) 9 55.29 ( 15)
16 BIG SKY (AA)= 54.65 54.04 ( 16) 13 54.30 ( 16)

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 21st, 2012, 06:30 AM
Big Sky> MVFC

Pretty close but I would give the edge to the MV right now.

dungeonjoe
October 21st, 2012, 06:36 AM
Yeah, if the MVFC is the SEC then YSU is the University of South Carolina.

MTfan4life
October 21st, 2012, 06:41 AM
Only in the MVFC does the conference get stronger when the top teams lose to the not so top teams. If Montana State had lost to UC-Davis, NAU to UND, or Cal Poly to PSU, there would have been constant clamoring about them being overrated. The same happened when App. St and GaSou lost to the Citadel. However, Illinois State gets embarrassed two straight home games and Youngstown State collapses for three straight conference games and it's just the MVFC flexing its muscles. xcoffeex

DSUrocks07
October 21st, 2012, 06:57 AM
Only in the MVFC does the conference get stronger when the top teams lose to the not so top teams. If Montana State had lost to UC-Davis, NAU to UND, or Cal Poly to PSU, there would have been constant clamoring about them being overrated. The same happened when App. St and GaSou lost to the Citadel. However, Illinois State gets embarrassed two straight home games and Youngstown State collapses for three straight conference games and it's just the MVFC flexing its muscles. xcoffeex

I thought that was only allowed in the CAA.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 21st, 2012, 07:28 AM

In a couple of weeks the standings will sort themselves out. The Valley is tough every week.

It would be interesting how the Grizz would do against the Bison this year. USD 'hung' with the Grizz earlier in the year.

skinny_uncle
October 21st, 2012, 07:32 AM
Big Sky> MVFC

xlmaox

caribbeanhen
October 21st, 2012, 07:36 AM
Big Sky> MVFC

agree

caribbeanhen
October 21st, 2012, 07:37 AM
I thought that was only allowed in the CAA.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

DSU keeps winning and might be representing the First state in the playoffs this year while the CAA Hens stay home

ITmonarch10
October 21st, 2012, 07:40 AM

Montana State being overrated is a giant Grizz conspiracy. They brainwashed the AGS community into accepting Montana State is red headed stepchild of the Big Sky and won't amount to anything.

ITmonarch10
October 21st, 2012, 07:48 AM
DSU keeps winning and might be representing the First state in the playoffs this year while the CAA Hens stay home
Delaware fan's, why are you guys so negative. You beat ODU and your right back on track on your road to the playoffs.

Engineer86
October 21st, 2012, 08:12 AM
Delaware fan's, why are you guys so negative. You beat ODU and your right back on track on your road to the playoffs.

I watched some of the Maine game, and I could understand the negativity. I would need a statement like beating ODU to gain confidence too. The program needs something like that along with several wins in the rest of their tough games to get to the high level most UD fans are used to over a LONG period.

caribbeanhen
October 21st, 2012, 08:20 AM

the week before Maine, the Hens laid n egg in the second Half up in New Hampshire and the Maine game confirmed our suspicions, to offer an excuse our head coach said that our #6, 7 and 9 LB's yesterday and of course our starting QB is out again..... the Hens do have several injuries

FargoBison
October 21st, 2012, 08:21 AM
Montana State being overrated is a giant Grizz conspiracy. They brainwashed the AGS community into accepting Montana State is red headed stepchild of the Big Sky and won't amount to anything.

I think MSU is very good but their playoff failures are why people doubt them.

Sent from my MB886

DSUrocks07
October 21st, 2012, 09:16 AM

We have a shot at making the playoffs, but need a few things to happen because BCU looks to be the top dog in the MEAC and we don't play them.

NCCU beats BCU on 10/27
DSU beats NCCU on 11/3
FAMU beats BCU on 11/20

DSU wins out beating Morgan, Hampton and Howard.

If tiebreakers get involved, I'm not so sure how it will work out with the MEAC tiebreaker system, but I know that OOC schedule is a factor and it has some sort of a point system.

Regarding DSU and BCU:

DSU: beat VMI, losses to Delaware and Cincinnati
BCU: beat Alabama State, losses to Tennessee State and Miami

But regarding your point. I don't see how an 8-3 UD is left out. Especially if they knock off ODU. The Route 1 Rematch? I'd rather play someone else to be honest.

caribbeanhen
October 21st, 2012, 09:20 AM
We have a shot at making the playoffs, but need a few things to happen because BCU looks to be the top dog in the MEAC and we don't play them.

NCCU beats BCU on 10/27
DSU beats NCCU on 11/3
FAMU beats BCU on 11/20

DSU wins out beating Morgan, Hampton and Howard.

If tiebreakers get involved, I'm not so sure how it will work out with the MEAC tiebreaker system, but I know that OOC schedule is a factor and it has some sort of a point system.

Regarding DSU and BCU:

DSU: beat VMI, losses to Delaware and Cincinnati
BCU: beat Alabama State, losses to Tennessee State and Miami

But regarding your point. I don't see how an 8-3 UD is left out. Especially if they knock off ODU. The Route 1 Rematch? I'd rather play someone else to be honest.

8-3? xlolx Hens will be lucky to finish 6-5

darell1976
October 21st, 2012, 09:23 AM
Big Sky> MVFC

Agree!!

darell1976
October 21st, 2012, 09:25 AM
Id take NDSU against most of the bigten in the fargodome :D!

Put me down for the Big 10 in the Fargodome.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 21st, 2012, 09:27 AM
Agree!!

In the immortal words of Monty Python's Cheese Shop Sketch.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/ff/Cheeseshop.jpg

"Explain the logic underlying that conclusion"

NoDak 4 Ever
October 21st, 2012, 09:31 AM
Put me down for the Big 10 in the Fargodome.

This year I'm pretty sure it would go like this.

Minnesota - Win
Northwestern - Win
Penn State - Win
Illinois - Win
Indiana - Win

Michigan State - Push
Michigan - Push
Iowa - Push

Nebraska - Loss
Ohio State - Loss
Wisconsin - Loss

That's pretty good odds against a BCS conference

darell1976
October 21st, 2012, 09:34 AM

Minnesota - Win
Northwestern - Win
Penn State - Win
Illinois - Win
Indiana - Win

Michigan State - Push
Michigan - Push
Iowa - Push

Nebraska - Loss
Ohio State - Loss
Wisconsin - Loss

xlolx Sorry NDSU is NOT a BCS team. Push against Michigan, Iowa and MSU, wins against PSU, NW, Illinois and Indiana? They are not Robert Morris or even Indiana State. I'm sorry that is pretty damn funny.

mmiller_34
October 21st, 2012, 09:35 AM

Minnesota - Win
Northwestern - Win
Penn State - Win
Illinois - Win
Indiana - Win

Michigan State - Push
Michigan - Push
Iowa - Push

Nebraska - Loss
Ohio State - Loss
Wisconsin - Loss

You forgot the Boilermakers. FIFY. Purdue - Win.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 21st, 2012, 09:37 AM
You forgot the Boilermakers. FIFY. Purdue - Win.

For some reason I left it out. I literally just did it off the top of my head but that was my conclusion as well.

darell1976
October 21st, 2012, 09:38 AM
In the immortal words of Monty Python's Cheese Shop Sketch.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/ff/Cheeseshop.jpg

"Explain the logic underlying that conclusion"

BSC 4 teams with 1 or 0 losses
MVFC 1 team with 1 loss

Says it all.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 21st, 2012, 09:38 AM
xlolx Sorry NDSU is NOT a BCS team. Push against Michigan, Iowa and MSU, wins against PSU, NW, Illinois and Indiana? They are not Robert Morris or even Indiana State. I'm sorry that is pretty damn funny.

The Big 10 is 2 teams this year, period. Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Nebraska are the only teams that can consider themselves BCS worthy. The reason I say 2 teams is Nebraska got creamed here a couple of weeks ago.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 21st, 2012, 09:39 AM
BSC 4 teams with 1 or 0 losses
MVFC 1 team with 1 loss

Says it all.

How many losses are you going to have when you play the School of Mines?

Let's wait for the playoffs, where the BSC tends to peak in the quarters.

Hawk98
October 21st, 2012, 09:40 AM
Penn State, Minnesota and Illinois would murder NDSU. They might have a shot at Northwestern and Indiana at home

darell1976
October 21st, 2012, 09:42 AM
The Big 10 is 2 teams this year, period. Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Nebraska are the only teams that can consider themselves BCS worthy. The reason I say 2 teams is Nebraska got creamed here a couple of weeks ago.

You are talking about a Big 10 team coming into the Fargodome, playing NDSU, and losing except for a few teams. Please pass what you are smoking. NDSU is NOT Alabama calibur.

darell1976
October 21st, 2012, 09:42 AM
How many losses are you going to have when you play the School of Mines?

Sorry MVFC teams don't play DII teams? Ask UNI, WIU, and Indiana St.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 21st, 2012, 09:43 AM
Penn State, Minnesota and Illinois would murder NDSU. They might have a shot at Northwestern and Indiana at home

Minnesota is a blocked field goal from being 0-3 against NDSU at home in the last 5 years. They won't even schedule anymore.

Penn State is the beneficiary of a very soft early season schedule. They lost to Ohio and Navy for crying out loud.

cbarrier90
October 21st, 2012, 09:46 AM

Minnesota - Win
Northwestern - Win
Penn State - Win
Illinois - Win
Indiana - Win

Michigan State - Push
Michigan - Push
Iowa - Push

Nebraska - Loss
Ohio State - Loss
Wisconsin - Loss

I really hope NDSU starts scheduling some legitimate BCS foes so this notion can be put to bed once and for all.

From similar experience, Central Michigan, Colorado State, and Minnesota are not Ohio State...

darell1976
Minnesota is a blocked field goal from being 0-3 against NDSU at home in the last 5 years. They won't even schedule anymore.

Penn State is the beneficiary of a very soft early season schedule. They lost to Ohio and Navy for crying out loud.

NDSU should know all about that.

No_Skill

You have to put yourself in Darrel's shoes. From his perspective the FBS is unbeatable.

darell1976
October 21st, 2012, 09:48 AM
You have to put yourself in Darrel's shoes. From his perspective the FBS is unbeatable.

I didn't come out with a dumbass post saying our team is going to win most teams in the Big 10. I can say we can beat Idaho or Fresno or San Diego State. Last I looked those aren't Big 10 teams.

jacksfan29
October 21st, 2012, 09:49 AM
Agree!!

Until the league learns how to play defense I don't see how anyone can call the Big Sky one of the top 2 conferences in 2012. Yesterday's game on Root was a joke. Normally you can count on UM being solid and physical. What I watched yesterday was just sad.

No_Skill
October 21st, 2012, 09:52 AM
I didn't come out with a dumbass post saying our team is going to win most teams in the Big 10. I can say we can beat Idaho or Fresno or San Diego State. Last I looked those aren't Big 10 teams.

You ever consider you were getting trolled?

darell1976
October 21st, 2012, 09:53 AM
Until the league learns how to play defense I don't see how anyone can call the Big Sky one of the top 2 conferences in 2012. Yesterday's game on Root was a joke. Normally you can count on UM being solid and physical. What I watched yesterday was just sad.

Because UND doesn't have a powerful offense or nothing. We only destroy everyone's defense execpt for EWU and Cal Poly. We put up 41 points on San Diego State no other FCS team has scored that many points on an FBS team.

darell1976
October 21st, 2012, 09:53 AM
You ever consider you were getting trolled?

By a Bison fan...never.:D Usually that happens in the UND threads.

No_Skill
October 21st, 2012, 09:57 AM
Because UND doesn't have a powerful offense or nothing. We only destroy everyone's defense execpt for EWU and Cal Poly. We put up 41 points on San Diego State no other FCS team has scored that many points on an FBS team.

Maybe this year but not ever.

Edit: Also, it doesn't really matter how many points you put up if your D can't stop a JV team.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 21st, 2012, 10:02 AM
By a Bison fan...never.:D Usually that happens in the UND threads.

Who's trolling? I came out with an expansion on Twentysix's post about NDSU vs. The Big Ten.

They are down this year and NDSU has a lot of success against the FBS, be it Mountain West, Big 12, MAC, or Big Ten. This thread is about the MVFC so the only person trolling is Darrell who can't handle that the UNDies may never get to that level.

FargoBison
October 21st, 2012, 10:03 AM
You are talking about a Big 10 team coming into the Fargodome, playing NDSU, and losing except for a few teams. Please pass what you are smoking. NDSU is NOT Alabama calibur.

Bama would beat any and every Big 10 team at home or away without breaking a sweat. Nobody is saying ndsu is Alabama's caliber.

The Big 10 is terrible. That said Ndsu wouldn't beat the upper level big 10 teams anywhere. They would slaughter the Gophers though, what a pathetic program. Afraid to play a team that can't even beat Duke.

Sent from my MB886

darell1976
October 21st, 2012, 10:06 AM
Who's trolling? I came out with an expansion on Twentysix's post about NDSU vs. The Big Ten.

They are down this year and NDSU has a lot of success against the FBS, be it Mountain West, Big 12, MAC, or Big Ten. This thread is about the MVFC so the only person trolling is Darrell who can't handle that the UNDies may never get to that level.

So playing the bottom feeder of the Big 12 (Kansas) is the same as Oklahoma? Minnesota is the same as Michigan or Illinois? And why am I trolling? I am pointing out NDSU isn't the top of the BCS. Beating South Dakota is not like beating Penn State.

darell1976
October 21st, 2012, 10:07 AM
Bama would beat any and every Big 10 team at home or away without breaking a sweat. Nobody is saying ndsu is Alabama's caliber.

The Big 10 is terrible. That said Ndsu wouldn't beat the upper level big 10 teans anywhere. They would slaughter the Gophers though, what a pathetic program. Afraid to play a team that can't even beat Duke.

Sent from my MB886

I will agree with that.

Cocky
October 21st, 2012, 10:12 AM
No FCS conference is like the SEC, get voted however many NCs in role then post the comparison.

Engineer86
October 21st, 2012, 10:13 AM

Penn St lost to Navy? Please pass me some of that stuff!

No_Skill
October 21st, 2012, 10:14 AM

Minnesota - Win
Northwestern - Win
Penn State - Win
Illinois - Win
Indiana - Win

Michigan State - Push
Michigan - Push
Iowa - Push

Nebraska - Loss
Ohio State - Loss
Wisconsin - Loss

More fuel for the fire:

Current Sagaring predictor ratings below:

NDSU - 79.94 31

Minnesota - Win - 67.32 76
Northwestern - Win - 75.36 44
Penn State - Win - 79.97 30
Illinois - Win - 59.67 113
Indiana - Win - 68.37 72

Michigan State - Push - 76.36 39
Michigan - Push - 84.55 17
Iowa - Push - 71.01 61

Nebraska - Loss - 78.71 33
Ohio State - Loss - 81.51 23
Wisconsin - Loss - 80.17 28

So...at home we would be favored in most of these games. :D

darell1976
October 21st, 2012, 10:20 AM
More fuel for the fire:

NDSU - 79.94 31

Indiana - Win - 68.37 72

Iowa - Push - 71.01 61

NDSU's SOS 172 (Sagarin)

Big 10 teams 22 ( Illinois) to 71 (Penn State) NDSU would NOT be favored in most of those games.

BisonBacker
October 21st, 2012, 10:20 AM
Big Sky> MVFC

You sir are delusional

Engineer86
October 21st, 2012, 10:24 AM
More fuel for the fire:

NDSU - 79.94 31

Indiana - Win - 68.37 72

Iowa - Push - 71.01 61

Call the DEA, something is up in ND. Iowa at 71 is a push and Nebraska at 78 is a loss, but Penn St at 80 is a win. Or should I call the education department?

No_Skill
October 21st, 2012, 10:27 AM
NDSU's SOS 172 (Sagarin)

Big 10 teams 22 ( Illinois) to 71 (Penn State) NDSU would NOT be favored in most of those games.

Not in Vegas, but according to Sagarin...yes they would.

BisonBacker
October 21st, 2012, 10:27 AM

You are kidding right? The same Minny team that it took 4 ot's to beat UNLV? NDSU woulld have more than a 50% chance of beating Minny. Kill has a long way to go before Minny murders anyone?

darell1976
October 21st, 2012, 10:28 AM
Call the DEA, something is up in ND. Iowa at 71 is a push and Nebraska at 78 is a loss, but Penn St at 80 is a win. Or should I call the education department?

Penn State's schedule

Loss: Ohio, @ Virginia
Win: Navy, Temple, @ Illinois, #24 Northwestern, and @ Iowa

NDSU's schedule:

loss: Indiana State
win: Robert Morris, @ Colorado State, Prairie View, @ UNI, YSU, @ South Dakota

Pretty even.:D

No_Skill
October 21st, 2012, 10:29 AM

Go back and read the thread. All I did was add the Sagarin Predictors to a previous post for the sake of argument.

JSUBison
October 21st, 2012, 10:32 AM
The sky has idaho state and northern colorado. I dont care how good the top is, those are two sorry *** teams dragging the rest down. Horrible programs.

darell1976
October 21st, 2012, 10:32 AM
Go back and read the thread. All I did was add the Sagarin Predictors to a previous post for the sake of argument.

Sagarin also ranks UNI 89th in the nation. 2-5 #89?

darell1976
October 21st, 2012, 10:33 AM
The sky has idaho state and northern colorado. I dont care how good the top is, those are two sorry *** teams dragging the rest down. Horrible programs.

Can't argue with that one. We have our bottom feeders and you have yours.

No_Skill
October 21st, 2012, 10:35 AM
Sagarin also ranks UNI 89th in the nation. 2-5 #89?

You've been touting SOS, you should know how that works.

Engineer86
October 21st, 2012, 10:36 AM

Again, PSU is above Nebraska, Iowa, and MSU, yet they are a loss at NDSU, but the others are a push or win? Seriously, if I am missing something in the way it works, I would like to know?

BisonBacker
October 21st, 2012, 10:38 AM
Fify xlolx

darell1976
October 21st, 2012, 10:38 AM

Which means it shouldn't reflect on the ranking. That is why the MVFC is so high NDSU at 39 due to record only and UNI at 89 due to SOS only. His method is flawed on which conference is the best.

kalm
October 21st, 2012, 10:43 AM

EWU doesn't play either and MSU only plays UNC.
xthumbsupx

No_Skill
October 21st, 2012, 10:43 AM
Again, PSU is above Nebraska, Iowa, and MSU, yet they are a loss at NDSU, but the others are a push or win? Seriously, if I am missing something in the way it works, I would like to know?

Good lord you mock education in ND and you can't get this? I was just adding the Sagarin stuff for reference. I did not make the win/loss/push predictions. I should have just removed the win/loss/push from the post I quoted.

Also, Sagarin currently gives 2.59 to the home team.

Engineer86
October 21st, 2012, 10:46 AM
Good lord you mock education in ND and you can't get this? I was just adding the Sagarin stuff for reference. I did not make the win/loss/push predictions. I should have just removed the win/loss/push from the post I quoted.

Also, Sagarin currently gives 2.59 to the home team.

You put the prediction out there...

MTfan4life
October 21st, 2012, 11:58 AM
I think MSU is very good but their playoff failures are why people doubt them.

Is MSU's recent playoff underachievement any different from UNI's recent underachievement? (last two seasons) And it's weird that a Bison fan would say that MSU losing to them is a failure.

Just to give you some facts. Let's look at the last five seasons:
Big Sky has put 11 teams in the playoffs: 15-10 record. 1 NC, 2 runner ups.
MVFC has put 11 teams in the playoffs: 13-10 record. 1 NC

Take away NDSU and Montana from the picture and you get:
Big Sky 7-6 with one NC Just 1 of the 6 losses came at home.
MVFC 7-9. 6 of 9 losses came at home.

Where oh where has there been any difference of recent playoff success for the conference of the Big Sky in comparison to the MVFC?

FargoBison
October 21st, 2012, 12:39 PM
Is MSU's recent playoff underachievement any different from UNI's recent underachievement? (last two seasons) And it's weird that a Bison fan would say that MSU losing to them is a failure.

It isn't really that MSU has lost, I think it might be more about how they have lost in the playoffs. I'm not sure why people treat UNI differently, they haven't exactly set the world on fire as of late either in postseason play.

For the record I am only trying to explain the thought processes of other people, I've probably rated MSU higher than most over the past few seasons. That said every time I rank them #1 bad things seem to happen to the Bobcats.

jmufan
October 21st, 2012, 12:44 PM
Good luck with that so called title. No need to compare yourself to another league in another division. You are the MVFC not the SEC. The same is for the CAA.

Grizalltheway
October 21st, 2012, 12:45 PM
Yay conference wars! xrolleyesx

Personally, MY team's season is in the ****ter, so I'm not going to get any kind of satisfaction out of other Big Sky teams doing well. I mean, I certainly won't root against them in the playoffs, but if they end up not doing so well, it'll pretty much be a 'meh' situation for me.

Jazzman1522
October 21st, 2012, 12:58 PM
This thread is fantastic! I don't do drugs, but you NDSU guys are making it tempting. I'd love to believe that my team would beat half the Big Ten.

xlmaox

kalm
October 21st, 2012, 01:05 PM
Yay conference wars! xrolleyesx

Personally, MY team's season is in the ****ter, so I'm not going to get any kind of satisfaction out of other Big Sky teams doing well. I mean, I certainly won't root against them in the playoffs, but if they end up not doing so well, it'll pretty much be a 'meh' situation for me.

And I was going to invite you back out for another game or two. Hater

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 21st, 2012, 01:08 PM
NDSU gets its chance next year with a pretty good FBS school....Kansas State.

Get back from church.....this is good reading.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 21st, 2012, 01:10 PM

Minny is pretty much the same team we beat up last year. Bison would beat Minny this year, probably by a bigger margin than last year.

NDSU would probably be a middle pack team in the Big 10.....Big 10 is way down this year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 21st, 2012, 01:16 PM
NDSU should know all about that.

I thought you said this game with the Grizz was going to be a sell-out in some past threads on here. 2/3 full with a marquee FCS school coming in??? Are they all waiting for conference hockey to start?

darell1976
October 21st, 2012, 01:24 PM
I thought you said this game with the Grizz was going to be a sell-out in some past threads on here. 2/3 full with a marquee FCS school coming in??? Are they all waiting for conference hockey to start?

Maybe UND's 3 game losing streak and our ****ty defense had something to do with that. 9200 isn't bad. Oh well.

sgt smash
October 21st, 2012, 01:24 PM
This thread is fantastic! I don't do drugs, but you NDSU guys are making it tempting. I'd love to believe that my team would beat half the Big Ten.

xlmaox

Your conference could put together an all-star team and they wouldn't beat a Mountain West bottom feeder.

Grizalltheway
October 21st, 2012, 01:26 PM
And I was going to invite you back out for another game or two. Hater
Well, I still owe you a few beers, so I'll head down there anyway. Just don't expect anything more than passive indifference when it comes to the game.:D

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 21st, 2012, 01:29 PM
Maybe UND's 3 game losing streak and our ****ty defense had something to do with that. 9200 isn't bad. Oh well.

I don't know if Mussman is the coach for UND. If UND had any type of defense they would be in 1st place in the BSC. Stopping the run has been UND's m/o for 20 years....

The potenial is there but IDK if Mussman can find it.

Jazzman1522
October 21st, 2012, 01:30 PM
Minny is pretty much the same team we beat up last year. Bison would beat Minny this year, probably by a bigger margin than last year.

NDSU would probably be a middle pack team in the Big 10.....Big 10 is way down this year.

Because you might beat Minnesota? Still hilarious. I love when people try to apply the transitive property to college football. It's like the UK fans who tried to convince me that Kentucky was the best team in the country because they beat LSU in 2008, when LSU won the national title. I could use the same logic to prove that Appalachian State should be the national champion that year...in the FBS. And you realize when ESPN talks about the Big 10 being down, they're talking about it relative to the SEC, the Big 12, and the ACC right? I don't think the FCS is entering into anyone's thinking when they're comparing the Big 10 with other conferences. Nebraska's a middle pack team in the Big 10. NDSU is not.

Walkon79
October 21st, 2012, 01:31 PM

Just to give you some facts. Let's look at the last five seasons:
Big Sky has put 11 teams in the playoffs: 15-10 record. 1 NC, 2 runner ups.
MVFC has put 11 teams in the playoffs: 13-10 record. 1 NC

Take away NDSU and Montana from the picture and you get:
Big Sky 7-6 with one NC Just 1 of the 6 losses came at home.
MVFC 7-9. 6 of 9 losses came at home.

Where oh where has there been any difference of recent playoff success for the conference of the Big Sky in comparison to the MVFC?

Great point and its what I would have suspected. Thanks for doing the research!

Jazzman1522
October 21st, 2012, 01:41 PM
Your conference could put together an all-star team and they wouldn't beat a Mountain West bottom feeder.

No way man. Last year, we only lost to Kansas State by 3. So we'd be competing for a conference title if we were in the Big 12. We probably wouldn't win it, but we'd give everybody a run for their money.

:D

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 21st, 2012, 01:42 PM
Because you might beat Minnesota? Still hilarious. I love when people try to apply the transitive property to college football. It's like the UK fans who tried to convince me that Kentucky was the best team in the country because they beat LSU in 2008, when LSU won the national title. I could use the same logic to prove that Appalachian State should be the national champion that year...in the FBS. And you realize when ESPN talks about the Big 10 being down, they're talking about it relative to the SEC, the Big 12, and the ACC right? I don't think the FCS is entering into anyone's thinking when they're comparing the Big 10 with other conferences. Nebraska's a middle pack team in the Big 10. NDSU is not.

Read what I said. U of M is basically the same team this year (same players)....it is. We beat them last year and would do it again with the same Bison team this year.

Like I mentioned, NDSU will get a very good FBS team to play next year....Kansas State.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 21st, 2012, 01:43 PM
No way man. Last year, we only lost to Kansas State by 3. So we'd be competing for a conference title if we were in the Big 12. We probably wouldn't win it, but we'd give everybody a run for their money.

:D

Eastern Kentucky would give everyone in the Big 12 a run for their money??

LOL....doubt it.

BisonBacker
October 21st, 2012, 01:47 PM

xlmaox
I can see why you'd love to believe it but being a fan of Eastern Ky well say no more. xlolx

Jazzman1522
October 21st, 2012, 01:50 PM
Read what I said. U of M is basically the same team this year (same players)....it is. We beat them last year and would do it again with the same Bison team this year.

Like I mentioned, NDSU will get a very good FBS team to play next year....Kansas State.

Eastern Kentucky would give everyone in the Big 12 a run for their money??

LOL....doubt it.

I read exactly what you said. NDSU's ability to beat a Minnesota team that has a nasty habit of losing to anyone with Dakota anywhere in their name at the beginning of the season doesn't mean that they'd be a middle pack Big 10 team anymore than EKU's ability to almost knock off Kansas State with a freshman backup playing quarterback means they'd compete in the Big 12.

344Johnson
October 21st, 2012, 02:26 PM

NDSU would fair just fine against several B1G teams and probably beat a few of 'em too.

The MVFC is not the SEC of the FCS. Illinois State was shut out at home by SIU, and lost to MSU at home. That isn't because SIU and MSU are so talented....

I'm actually disappointed in perceived top half of the conference so far.

frozennorth
October 21st, 2012, 02:34 PM

we know your prefrontal cortex is heavily underdeveloped, but you don't have to be alabama to beat a big 10 team this yea.

frozennorth
October 21st, 2012, 02:39 PM

we're talking about a guy that couldn't get in to NDSU or UND.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 21st, 2012, 03:15 PM

That's a little below the belt. He's wrong, but that's about it.

Professor Chaos
October 21st, 2012, 03:32 PM
Top to bottom the MVFC is the best FCS league in the country this year IMO. However, the Big Sky has the best top end of any FCS conference. As a previous poster alluded to, the Big Sky is more like the SEC this year because there are 4 reallly good teams and not much else and the MVFC is more like the Big 12 with solid teams top to buttom excluding USD (the MVFC's Kansas).

darell1976
October 21st, 2012, 03:39 PM

xsmhx

Twentysix
October 21st, 2012, 05:01 PM
This thread is hilarious.

darell1976
October 21st, 2012, 05:04 PM
This thread is hilarious.

The fact it went from the MVFC being the best in the FCS or NDSU beating pretty much every team in the Big 10. Either way is great entertainment.

caribbeanhen
November 18th, 2012, 07:34 AM

K.C. going down to Dover to talk a few receivers up to newark... 8-3 xlolx

Southern Bison
November 18th, 2012, 09:44 AM

From darell's perspective, the Whioux should get a medal for the "great" season they've had.

Hammerhead
November 18th, 2012, 10:41 AM
The Sagarin ratings have the MVFC as the sixth-best conference at the conclusion of the regular season when they were at the top for most of the year. That's why the playoffs are so fun. Not only do you get a chance to earn a championship ring, but you also get to see how your team stacks up against good teams from other conferences.

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2012, 10:56 AM
The Sagarin ratings have the MVFC as the sixth-best conference at the conclusion of the regular season when they were at the top for most of the year. That's why the playoffs are so fun. Not only do you get a chance to earn a championship ring, but you also get to see how your team stacks up against good teams from other conferences.
The MVFC is still the top FCS conference according to Sagarin by a pretty wide margin: http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc12.htm

It's also interesting that the MVFC has now passed Conference USA in the overall ratings.

darell1976
November 18th, 2012, 02:37 PM
The MVFC is still the top FCS conference according to Sagarin by a pretty wide margin: http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc12.htm

It's also interesting that the MVFC has now passed Conference USA in the overall ratings.

Since they rate UNI as #93 in all of DI with 5 wins and 4 of them DI wins is laughable. No way can these rankings be taken seriously.

darell1976
November 18th, 2012, 02:38 PM
From darell's perspective, the Whioux should get a medal for the "great" season they've had.

You make no sense.

Twentysix
November 18th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Since they rate UNI as #93 in all of DI with 5 wins and 4 of them DI wins is laughable. No way can these rankings be taken seriously.

Good job in the bigsky this year. May your fortune continue.

darell1976
November 18th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Good job in the bigsky this year. May your fortune continue.

Oh 26 you say the kindest things. Nice try to devert this thread into another pissing match.

No_Skill
November 18th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Oh 26 you say the kindest things. Nice try to devert this thread into another pissing match.

Seems to be working to me...

Southern Bison
November 18th, 2012, 03:10 PM

Well, there you go again...Neg rep from Darell!! xblahx I might as well announce it now...next year, I will change my screen name to Southen Whioux and cheer loudly for my new favorite team to at least win 1/2 of their games. I will post my ebay page for all of my Bison gear once it's set up.

darell1976
November 18th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Well, there you go again...Neg rep from Darell!! xblahx I might as well announce it now...next year, I will change my screen name to Southen Whioux and cheer loudly for my new favorite team to at least win 1/2 of their games. I will post my ebay page for all of my Bison gear once it's set up.

Then say something about this thread not about me or my team.

aces1180
November 18th, 2012, 03:14 PM

I got one from him the other day...He told me to get a life...I responded that mine is much better than his will ever be and I thanked him for his concern.

darell1976
November 18th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I got one from him the other day...He told me to get a life...I responded that mine is much better than his will ever be and I thanked him for his concern.

Ahhh do you guys need a hug.xbawlingx

aces1180
November 18th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Ahhh do you guys need a hug.xbawlingx

Nope...We are the #1 ranked team in FCS. Do you need a tampon?

Southern Bison
November 18th, 2012, 03:23 PM
I'm not the one consistently BS'ing the members...but since you asked, I'll repost what others have already said that I agree with. Nah, I've got my own ideas:

The MVFC is more like the Big 12. Strong teams at the top and the middle with only 1 or 2 doormats in the conference. I see the SoCon and Big Sky more as SEC type conferences with a dominant 2 or 3 schools with the rest being drug behind them.

Southern Bison
November 18th, 2012, 03:27 PM

Hell, he's just trying to piss in our cheerios to make himself feel better because the Whioux sucked *** as usual.

aces1180
November 18th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Hell, he's just trying to piss in our cheerios to make himself feel better because the Whioux sucked *** as usual.

No, I think it was because I referred to him as JBBdarrel, which is about as accurate a comparison that can be made.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2012, 03:32 PM

Faison signed Muss to an extension. They will keep the mediocrity going with him at the helm.

frozennorth
November 18th, 2012, 03:34 PM

you're right, uni should have beaten iowa and wisconsin.

Southern Bison
November 18th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Faison signed Muss to an extension. They will keep the mediocrity going with him at the helm.

Hell, Faison, Muss, & darell1976...the gang from Newhart (Larry, Darrel, & Darell)

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2012, 05:34 PM
darell and those from NDSU that like to play this game with him. Most people don't give a flying **** about your little UND/NDSU pissing matches. The only thing I have to look at in the mod forum is people sick and tired of these petty arguments on the threads.

Most of you guys are good dudes and people I'd actually say are good friends as far as an online community thing goes but a big group of people are just sick & tired of this crap. If you keep it up I'll divert y'all to the proper board for this involuntarily so we can roll on without this crap.

Just sayin' the ice is getting pretty thin fella's so I'd knock off the petty neg rep crap and trying to win a pointless argument.

NDSU is the reigning NC and on their way to making a title defense. What more needs to be said on that matter?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2012, 05:49 PM
darell and those from NDSU that like to play this game with him. Most people don't give a flying **** about your little UND/NDSU pissing matches. The only thing I have to look at in the mod forum is people sick and tired of these petty arguments on the threads.

Most of you guys are good dudes and people I'd actually say are good friends as far as an online community thing goes but a big group of people are just sick & tired of this crap. If you keep it up I'll divert y'all to the proper board for this involuntarily so we can roll on without this crap.

Just sayin' the ice is getting pretty thin fella's so I'd knock off the petty neg rep crap and trying to win a pointless argument.

NDSU is the reigning NC and on their way to making a title defense. What more needs to be said on that matter?

ooo. there's a mod forum? I'd love to peek at that just once.

aces1180
November 18th, 2012, 07:43 PM

I'll admit, I don't particularly post on this board very often...As a Bison fan, however, do wonder why you let darrel1976 instigate NDSU posters as much as he does? I think if there is any poster that stirs the stink more than anyone in the ongoing NDSU/UND debate, it would easily be him. Much like NDSU has mpls and JBB, I feel that he represents UND in that same way. Thanks for reading and this will be my last post on this subject.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2012, 09:55 PM
I'll admit, I don't particularly post on this board very often...As a Bison fan, however, do wonder why you let darrel1976 instigate NDSU posters as much as he does? I think if there is any poster that stirs the stink more than anyone in the ongoing NDSU/UND debate, it would easily be him. Much like NDSU has mpls and JBB, I feel that he represents UND in that same way. Thanks for reading and this will be my last post on this subject.

He had laid way off that crap for a long time and for some reason thinks it's time to start it all up again. He will not be getting away with it any longer. I assure you of that.