PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Schedules

Pages : [1] 2 3

bjtheflamesfan
October 16th, 2012, 11:53 AM
As we approach the 3/4 pole of the 2012 season this weekend, I thought Id get the ball rolling on the 2013 schedule thread (slow day in the office) and see who all has their games settled and who all might still need a date or two (or three) filled.

Tuscon
October 16th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Our OOC schedule is settled(and scary).

9/7 Chatty
9/14 @ West Virginia
9/21 Jacksonville State
10/05 @ Alabama

I know from folks in our Athletics Department that we'll be opening at home with a Sun Belt opponent. Most of us think it will be South Alabama.

Hambone
October 16th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Here is the UND schedule. Very good home schedule with SDSU, Montana, Montana State, EWU, Sac St and Northern Colorado (Montana is non-conference, Valpo big time tomato can :)). Not sure if they plan on playing 12 or sticking with 11.

Thu, Aug 29 Valparaiso Grand Forks, N.D.
Sat, Sep 07 South Dakota State Grand Forks, N.D.
Sat, Sep 14 Montana Grand Forks, N.D.
Sat, Sep 21 Open at TBA
Sat, Sep 28 Montana State * Grand Forks, N.D.
Sat, Oct 05 Idaho State * at Pocatello, Idaho
Sat, Oct 12 Eastern Washington * Grand Forks, N.D.
Sat, Oct 19 Portland State * at Portland, Ore.
Sat, Oct 26 Sacramento State * Grand Forks, N.D.
Sat, Nov 02 Northern Arizona * at Flagstaff, Ariz.
Sat, Nov 09 Northern Colorado * Grand Forks, N.D.
Sat, Nov 16 UC Davis * at Davis, Calif.
Sat, Nov 23 Open TBA TBA

Lehigh Football Nation
October 16th, 2012, 12:38 PM
At some point when I get a free moment (insert laughter here), I will start to create the 2013 schedules for College Sports Journal, and this thread will be my starting point. So, if you know your 2013 schedule already (preferably with a link), have at it!

tribefan40
October 16th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Not sure about dates, but we will be:

@ WVU
@ Lafayette (I think)
vs. Penn (I think)

danefan
October 16th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Can't wait to see our CAA schedule.

I expect we owe a return trip to Colgate. I think we would have had a return from Maine but that will likely be a league game now so we'll have to see what OOC we add.

Very interested to see who we schedule for the new Bob Ford Field opener.

Twentysix
October 16th, 2012, 12:42 PM
NDSU 13-14
------------

@ Kansas State (#4 in the BCS this week)

vs Montana State (BSC)

vs Western Carolina (Socon)

@ South Dakota State

vs Northern Iowa

vs Missouri State (Homecoming)

@ Southern Illinois

@ Indiana State

vs Illinois State

@ Youngstown State

vs South Dakota

If you would like dates follow the link: http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=11844&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&Q_SEASON=2013

TTUEagles
October 16th, 2012, 12:48 PM
TTU @ Wisconsin 9/7, hosting UTM 10/12 is all I have been informed of...

kdinva
October 16th, 2012, 12:53 PM
VMI:

Aug. 31 at Richmond
Sept. 7 GLENVILLE ST.
Sept. 14 BUCKNELL
Sept. 21 at Virginia
Oct. 5 HOME
Oct. 12 CHARLESTON SOUTHERN*
Oct. 19 at Coastal Carolina*
Oct. 26 GARDNER-WEBB*
Nov. 2 at Liberty*
Nov. 9 at Presbyterian*
Nov. 16 at The Citadel
Nov. 23 (was a home game w/Stony Brook)

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 16th, 2012, 12:58 PM
UNH is playing at Central Michigan on 9/7 and home against Colgate on 9/14. We had an OOC game scheduled with Rhode Island that I assume will become a league game. So, I think we'll be looking for an OOC game.

Pretty sure the CAA has to go back to square one when determining the 2013 schedule with two teams leaving and two teams entering. I assume though that UNH will play Maine, Albany, Stony Brook and Rhode Island. Then four from Villanova, Delaware, Towson, JMU, Richmond and W&M. Good luck guessing which ones. :D

danefan
October 16th, 2012, 01:08 PM
UNH is playing at Central Michigan on 9/7 and home against Colgate on 9/14. We had an OOC game scheduled with Rhode Island that I assume will become a league game. So, I think we'll be looking for an OOC game.

Pretty sure the CAA has to go back to square one when determining the 2013 schedule with two teams leaving and two teams entering. I assume though that UNH will play Maine, Albany, Stony Brook and Rhode Island. Then four from Villanova, Delaware, Towson, JMU, Richmond and W&M. Good luck guessing which ones. :D

It would only make sense to pair up the Northern 5 teams together. Anyone know how late the CAA can add a 12th team this year to be able to play the 2013 season? If that does happen I assume we'd go to a 6-team divisional set up with 5 division games and 3 inter-divisional rotating games.

Twentysix
October 16th, 2012, 01:10 PM
It would only make sense to pair up the Northern 5 teams together. Anyone know how late the CAA can add a 12th team this year to be able to play the 2013 season? If that does happen I assume we'd go to a 6-team divisional set up with 5 division games and 3 inter-divisional rotating games.

Not sure about the CAA rules, but usally NCAA changes have to happen before July.

SpeedkingATL
October 16th, 2012, 01:16 PM
So far App States OOC are @Montana and @Georgia (Nov 9th). Still have one OOC opening to the best of my knowledge and haven't seen listing of dates for SoCon games.

GeauxLions94
October 16th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Here is the UND schedule. Very good home schedule with SDSU, Montana, Montana State, EWU, Sac St and Northern Colorado (Montana is non-conference, Valpo big time tomato can :)). Not sure if they plan on playing 12 or sticking with 11.

Thu, Aug 29 Valparaiso Grand Forks, N.D.
Sat, Sep 07 South Dakota State Grand Forks, N.D.
Sat, Sep 14 Montana Grand Forks, N.D.
Sat, Sep 21 Open at TBA
Sat, Sep 28 Montana State * Grand Forks, N.D.
Sat, Oct 05 Idaho State * at Pocatello, Idaho
Sat, Oct 12 Eastern Washington * Grand Forks, N.D.
Sat, Oct 19 Portland State * at Portland, Ore.
Sat, Oct 26 Sacramento State * Grand Forks, N.D.
Sat, Nov 02 Northern Arizona * at Flagstaff, Ariz.
Sat, Nov 09 Northern Colorado * Grand Forks, N.D.
Sat, Nov 16 UC Davis * at Davis, Calif.
Sat, Nov 23 Open TBA TBA

Seven games at home??? Not to shabby with a possible 8th at home in November (assuming you keep open date on Sept. 21)

aceinthehole
October 16th, 2012, 01:21 PM
In 2013, Central Connecticut is scheduled to play:

at Lehigh
vs. Holy Cross
at James Madison
+ 7 NEC games

Albany and URI were supposed to be NEC games to complete our 12-game schedule, so as far as I know CCSU has 2 "open" spots to fill.

I assume that all NEC schools have 2 spots to fill since the UA/URI announcements were made this year.

danefan
October 16th, 2012, 01:25 PM

at Lehigh
vs. Holy Cross
at James Madison
+ 7 NEC games

Albany and URI were supposed to be NEC games to complete our 12-game schedule, so as far as I know CCSU has 2 "open" spots to fill.

I assume that all NEC schools have 2 spots to fill since the UA/URI announcements were made this year.

You could still get URI and Albany as OOC games. I wouldn't be surprised to see Albany keep an NEC team as OOC each year. I think we'll end up with two of NEC/PL/Ivy, 1 FBS and 1 other FCS OOC (I hope its a Big Sky/MVFC/Socon).

tingly
October 16th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Cal Poly
Aug. 31 San Diego
Sept. 7 @Fresno State
Sept. 14 @Colorado State
Sept. 21 open
Sept. 28 @Portland State*
Oct. 5 Yale
Oct. 12 Weber State*
Oct. 19 @Montana*
Oct. 26 Northern Arizona*
Nov. 2 @UC Davis*
Nov. 9 Sacramento State*
Nov. 16 Eastern Washington*
Nov. 23 @Northern Colorado*

no Big Sky games with Montana State (again), Southern Utah, North Dakota, Idaho State; but throw out the conference schedule if Idaho gives up early and moves back to FCS

aceinthehole
October 16th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Can't wait to see our CAA schedule.

I expect we owe a return trip to Colgate. I think we would have had a return from Maine but that will likely be a league game now so we'll have to see what OOC we add.

Very interested to see who we schedule for the new Bob Ford Field opener.

DF - do you know who your 3 non-conf opponents were supposed to be if you had stayed in the NEC?

Assuming, the 11-member CAA sticks to an 8-game league schedule, then Albany would have 4 non-conference slots to fill. If you had 3 non-CAA opponents already scheeduled, you would only need to find 1 more opponent for 2013. However, if you were previously planned to play Maine in 2013 as a non-conf opponent, then you you would actually have 2 spots to fill.

If the dates can be worked out, I think its very likely CCSU-UA will be on tap as a non-conference matchup in both 2013 and 2014, as they are 12-game years.

danefan
October 16th, 2012, 01:36 PM
DF - do you know who your 3 non-conf opponents were supposed to be if you had stayed in the NEC?

Assuming, the 11-member CAA sticks to an 8-game league schedule, then Albany would have 4 non-conference slots to fill. If you had 3 non-CAA opponents already scheeduled, you would only need to find 1 more opponent for 2013. However, if you were previously planned to play Maine in 2013 as a non-conf opponent, then you you would actually have 2 spots to fill.

If the dates can be worked out, I think its very likely CCSU-UA will be on tap as a non-conference matchup in both 2013 and 2014, as they are 12-game years.

I believe we have a return trip to Colgate and were supposed to have a return trip from Maine. I thought we were owed a return trip from Columbia at some point, but I can't seem to track down the Future Ivy schedules that someone posted on here once.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 16th, 2012, 01:41 PM

Maybe I am off on what year, but I thought both Albany and Stony Brook were joining the CAA starting next year for football (maybe other sports too?). ODU and Ga St are out. 12 remains intact.

danefan
October 16th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Maybe I am off on what year, but I thought both Albany and Stony Brook were joining the CAA starting next year for football (maybe other sports too?). ODU and Ga St are out. 12 remains intact.

Albany and SBU are still only football for now.

There's only 11 now. Unless we add a southern school, we'll still be at 11.

bisonboone11
October 16th, 2012, 02:13 PM
NDSU 13-14
------------

vs Montana State (BSC)

vs Western Carolina (Socon)

@ South Dakota State

vs Northern Iowa

vs Missouri State (Homecoming)

@ Southern Illinois

@ Indiana State

vs Illinois State

@ Youngstown State

vs South Dakota

If you would like dates follow the link: http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=11844&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&Q_SEASON=2013
Obviously there is still a lot of season left, but I believe NDSU still has a legitimate chance of winning the NC. With Kansas State being at #4 right now, how cool would the first game of the year be next year if NDSU won the FCS national championship and Kansas State won the BCS. Have the 2 national champions ever gone head to head?

Note: I'm not predicting NDSU would necessarily win in that scenario. Just saying it would be cool to see.

bobcathpdevil56
October 16th, 2012, 02:24 PM
This is what bobcatnation had, all i could find right now

On bobcatnation they said the SFA game was not a home-home, is that correct Rev

Aug 31st - Open
September 7th - @ North Dakota State
September 14th - Open
September 21st - Open
September 28th - @ North Dakota
October 5th - Northern Arizona
October 12th - Open
October 19th - @ Weber
October 26th - UC Davis
November 2nd - @ Northern Colorado
November 9th - @ Eastern Washington
November 16th - Southern Utah
November 23rd - Montana

Apps03
October 16th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Wanting to say App/LSU did. 2008?

asucrutch23
October 16th, 2012, 02:54 PM

Yep. The 2008 App-LSU game (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=282430099) was between the two defending champs. I have a shirt from that game (played at 10:00 AM because of a hurricane) that says "The Championship Experience" on the back with both teams' helmets. Coming off 3 national championships and the previous year's win at Michigan, I expected to do a little better than we did, losing 41-13. This was the first meeting between defending FCS and FBS national champions.

SpeedkingATL
October 16th, 2012, 02:56 PM

That is correct as both won National Championships in 2007. The game got moved up to 10AM because of an approching hurricane and after the game we couldn't get back to the New Orleans airport because of the evacuation and had to drive a rental car back to ATL. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

walliver
October 16th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Yep. The 2008 App-LSU game (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=282430099) was between the two defending champs. I have a shirt from that game (played at 10:00 AM because of a hurricane) that says "The Championship Experience" on the back with both teams' helmets. Coming off 3 national championships and the previous year's win at Michigan, I expected to do a little better than we did, losing 41-13. This was the first meeting between defending FCS and FBS national champions.

That's what happens when you play an NFL "money game".

darell1976
October 16th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Seven games at home??? Not to shabby with a possible 8th at home in November (assuming you keep open date on Sept. 21)

Both South Dakota State and Montana are the back ends of the home and home series. Montana actually plays UND in Grand Forks three years in a row 2012-2014.

walliver
October 16th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Wofford will play Florida State, probably Gardner-Webb, and probably a 7-man high school squad.
I doubt we play 12 games, because Mike Ayers stated after the 2002 season (the 9-3 "woofed" team) that 12 regular season games was too many and he'd rather have two bye weeks. Also, we have great difficulty finding an 11th game, 12 would be even more difficult.

Thunderstruck
October 16th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Obviously there is still a lot of season left, but I believe NDSU still has a legitimate chance of winning the NC. With Kansas State being at #4 right now, how cool would the first game of the year be next year if NDSU won the FCS national championship and Kansas State won the BCS. Have the 2 national champions ever gone head to head?

Note: I'm not predicting NDSU would necessarily win in that scenario. Just saying it would be cool to see.

It would be even better if both teams had the same impact players. K-State loses Klein, Brown, and other senior pieces.

dgreco
October 16th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Bryant is playing at Maine in 2013... There is also a return home/home games in 2014, 15, and 16.

Only OOC game I know for Bryant so far.

Hambone
October 16th, 2012, 04:05 PM

I would guess if there is a 12th game, it will likely be an FBS money game or the front end of a home/home on the road. But you never know.....

bojeta
October 16th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Has anyone heard news about the number of D1 wins a team will need next year when the schedule expands to 12 regular season games?

TheRevSFA
October 16th, 2012, 04:34 PM
I know SFA opens at Weber State, we also go to Texas Tech and we have Montana state at home

ElCid
October 16th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Citadel has 12 game schedule. 2 FBS. Conf game dates may change.

AUG. 31 - Charleston Southern (H) @ 6:00PM
SEPT. 7 - Samford (H) @ 6:00PM
SEPT. 14 -@ Western Carolina
SEPT. 21 - @ East Carolina
SEPT. 28 - Furman (H) @ 6:00PM
OCT. 5 - App State (H) @ 2:00PM, Parents Day
OCT. 12 - @ Georgia Southern
OCT. 19 - Open Date
OCT 26 - @ Chattanooga
NOV. 2 - Wofford (H) @ 2:00PM, Homecoming
NOV. 9 - @ Elon
NOV. 16 - VMI (H) @ 2:00PM
NOV. 23 - @CLEMSON

gsu_paintballer
October 16th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Georgia Southern

08/31 - Savannah State
09/07 - St Francis (PA)
09/14 - Wofford
09/28 - Chattanooga
10/05 - Samford
10/12 - The Citadel
10/26 - ASU
11/02 - Furman
11/09 - WCU
11/16 - Elon
11/23 - Florida

Open weeks for a potential 12th game on 9/21 and 10/19

Engineer86
October 16th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Not sure about the CAA rules, but usally NCAA changes have to happen before July.

But for the 2013 season, which is what he was asking, wouldn't it have been July of 2012?

ISUalum
October 16th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Indiana State University schedule 2013

Sat, Aug 31 @ Indiana at Bloomington, Ind.
Sat, Sep 07 @ Purdue at West Lafayette, Ind.
Sat, Oct 26 NDSU at Terre Haute, IN

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 16th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I have the Montana St vs NDSU game circled for next year. If everything goes to plan i'll be there.

Any word on Lehigh's slate for next year? Hopefully it's back to "normal" standards.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 16th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Interestingly, the PL had the 2013 future schedule on the site for football, but I *believe* they took it down, last I checked.

UNDBIZ
October 16th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Cal Poly
Aug. 13 San Diego or open
Sept. 7 @Fresno State
Sept. 14 @Colorado State
Sept. 21 San Diego or open
Sept. 28 @Portland State*
Oct. 5 Yale
Oct. 12 Weber State*
Oct. 19 @Montana*
Oct. 26 Northern Arizona*
Nov. 2 @UC Davis*
Nov. 9 Sacramento State*
Nov. 16 Eastern Washington*
Nov. 23 @Northern Colorado*

no Big Sky games with Montana State (again), Northern Arizona, North Dakota, Idaho State; but throw out the conference schedule if Idaho gives up early and moves back to FCS

SUU??

xchinscratchx

Twentysix
October 16th, 2012, 05:42 PM
I have the Montana St vs NDSU game circled for next year. If everything goes to plan i'll be there.

Any word on Lehigh's slate for next year? Hopefully it's back to "normal" standards.

best buy your ticket at 8am when single game tickets go on sale. If you wait till 9:30a they will be gone.

walliver
October 16th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Has anyone heard news about the number of D1 wins a team will need next year when the schedule expands to 12 regular season games?

I doubt they change the 7 D-1 win rule. The rules quite specifically mention 7 wins (but also include the bizarre "may disqualify" clause).

Skyhawk71
October 16th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
8/29 @ UT Chattanooga
9/7 @ Boise State
9/14 Central Arkansas
9/28 @ Southeast Missouri *
10/5 Jacksonville State *
10/12 @ Tennessee Tech *
10/19 Tennessee State*
10/26 @ Austin Peay *
11/2 Murray State*
11/9 @ Memphis
11/16 @ Eastern Kentucky *
11/23 Eastern Illinois

bobcathpdevil56
October 16th, 2012, 05:52 PM
I know SFA opens at Weber State, we also go to Texas Tech and we have Montana state at home

Good, some of the bobcatnation guys seemed to think it wasnt a home-home, i am glad we play SFA again

heath
October 16th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Our OOC schedule is settled(and scary).

9/7 Chatty
9/14 @ West Virginia
9/21 Jacksonville State
10/05 @ Alabama

I know from folks in our Athletics Department that we'll be opening at home with a Sun Belt opponent. Most of us think it will be South Alabama.

That is BEAST! Couple nice pay daysxthumbsupx

TheRevSFA
October 16th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Good, some of the bobcatnation guys seemed to think it wasnt a home-home, i am glad we play SFA again

Come on down. We like visitors...and you can set up next to us

Seawolf97
October 16th, 2012, 08:35 PM
I think our schedule is all but full right now.

Home- Brown and 4 CAA Teams
Road- Colgate, Buffalo, Boston College and 4 CAA teams.

Thats 12 in my book and also a pretty decent slate.

jmufan999
October 16th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Pretty sure JMU is playing @Akron next year. Could be winnable with a 6th year Sr. QB with playoff experience. No FBS game is a gimme, though.

That's all I know about next year. Oh, and I think we might be playing Liberty but I'm not positive.

kdinva
October 16th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Pretty sure JMU is playing @Akron next year.....

I believe so.......

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-13/mid-amer/2013-akron-zips-football-schedule.php

Lehigh Football Nation
October 16th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Will all this action on this thread make me work on this soon? Possibly. The bye week is coming up. ;)

BucBisonAtLarge
October 16th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Bucknell has Marist and Sacred Heart at home, VMI, Dartmouth and Cornell on the road. LFN has mentioned the League taking down its conference schedule, which had been posted, and has previously hinted at some systematic void in team schedules, for a phantom new member. Bucknell is currently scheduled 11 straight weeks (again), September 7 - November 16.

mainejeff
October 17th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Bryant is playing at Maine in 2013... There is also a return home/home games in 2014, 15, and 16.

Only OOC game I know for Bryant so far.

So Maine has:

Home - Bryant, 4 CAA

Away - Northwestern, UMass, 4 CAA

1 - TBD

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 17th, 2012, 08:02 AM
UNH

8 CAA games
@ Directional Michgan (Central I think)
Colgate at home
We had @URI OOC, but with their return to the CAA I'm not sure where that stands

whitey
October 17th, 2012, 08:08 AM
I believe so.......

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-13/mid-amer/2013-akron-zips-football-schedule.php

JMU is definitely playing Akron next year as our FBS game. We also have St. Francis (this was a 4 year deal) and Central Connecticut State. I believe Liberty owes us a game at Bridgeforth as well still from the 2-for-2 we signed with them 5 years ago. We pushed that game back this year to accommodate the WVU game at Fedex. I'm not sure if that game will be played next year though. If so JMU is looking at:

@ Akron
vs. St. Francis (PA)
vs. Central Connecticut State
vs. Liberty
8 CAA Games

kdinva
October 24th, 2012, 07:51 AM
VMI Update:

Aug. 31 at Richmond
Sept. 7 GLENVILLE ST.
Sept. 14 home game TBD
Sept. 21 at Virginia
Sept. 28 ROBERT MORRIS
Oct. 26 GARDNER-WEBB*
Nov. 2 at Liberty*
Nov. 9 at Presbyterian*
Nov. 16 at The Citadel
Nov. 23 BUCKNELL

bluehenbillk
October 24th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Delaware is

9/7 DelState (confirmed)
9/14 @ Navy (confirmed)
OOC - Wagner & Jacksonville
CAA - 4 home, 4 away

centraljerseycat
October 24th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Villanova has road games @Pittsburgh, @Fordham and @Penn.

Only 4 home games (3 on campus and Delaware at PPL).

Just the opposite of Delaware's cupcake home schedule...both schools need to find a happy medium.

THE HERD
October 24th, 2012, 08:39 AM

Ya better get your tickets early for that one!

Fear the Bird
October 24th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Villanova has road games @Pittsburgh, @Fordham and @Penn.

Only 4 home games (3 on campus and Delaware at PPL).

Just the opposite of Delaware's cupcake home schedule...both schools need to find a happy medium.

Good point, Fordham and Penn are far more intimidating than Del State and Jacksonville...the Temple series is over?

ODU Oldtimer
October 24th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Old Dominion 2013 FCS Independent

Maryland Sept 7
UNC Oct 12
Norfolk State Oct 26
Rhode Island Nov 2 @ ODU
Idaho Nov 9
UNC Charlotte on Nov. 16 @ ODU
FIU.........................?? 65% will be on Schedule TBA

2 or 3 Schools TBA before Nov 17

Thanks

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Good point, Fordham and Penn are far more intimidating than Del State and Jacksonville...the Temple series is over?

The Temple series is done. We're actually rumored to play Fordham next year.

URMite
October 24th, 2012, 11:51 AM
UR has joined the Big South for 2013 with this OOC..

"In 2013, the Spiders will face N.C. State(A), Gardner-Webb(A), VMI(H) and Liberty(H) in nonleague games. Twelve(12) regular-season games are allowed for FCS members in 2013 (and 2014) because of the number of Saturdays between Labor Day weekend and Thanksgiving in those years."

Didn't know the VMI game was before the NCSU game until it was posted in this thread.

No idea about the CAA schedule yet.

BucBisonAtLarge
October 24th, 2012, 06:41 PM
VMI Update:

Aug. 31 at Richmond
Sept. 7 GLENVILLE ST.
Sept. 14 home game TBD
Sept. 21 at Virginia
Sept. 28 ROBERT MORRIS
Oct. 26 GARDNER-WEBB*
Nov. 2 at Liberty*
Nov. 9 at Presbyterian*
Nov. 16 at The Citadel
Nov. 23 BUCKNELL

There you go, LFN. Bucknell now has open dates on 8/31 AND 9/14, if the PL is playing a 12 game schedule. VMI now has a TBD on 9/14 and hosts the Bison on 11/23. I would guess that Bucknell has something in the works. Maybe there will be an announcement during Homecoming this weekend.

Sycamore51
October 24th, 2012, 06:51 PM
All INST has set right now is:
8/31 @ IU
9/7 @ Purdue

I hope we fill our other non conference game with another D1 team and not D2 or NAIA

KATS_21
October 24th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Sam Houston State Bearkats

Not sure of the dates or order:

@ Texas A&M
Eastern Washington
Texas Southern--SWAC is not very good at maintaining their commitment to travel so we will see if this one stays on the schedule.

App1928
October 25th, 2012, 10:46 AM
App State 2013

Home:

Chattanooga
Georgia Southern
Samford
Western Carolina

Away:

Georgia
Montana
The Citadel
Elon
Furman
Wofford

with 1 or 2 more to add....

ODU Oldtimer
October 26th, 2012, 09:21 AM
ECU and Citadel added to ODU 2013 Schedule

Old Dominion 2013 FCS Independent (corrected)

ECU Aug 31
UNC Sept 7
Maryland Sept 7
Norfolk State Oct 26
Rhode Island Nov 2 @ ODU
Idaho Nov 9
Citadel @ ODU TBA

1 more or maybe 2 Schools TBA before Nov 17

WTG ODU............The planning of our AD and Admin. has enabled us to reach goals that other Schools only dream of with a move to FBS.

Again fantastic Work from the University Admin!

Aim High

bojeta
October 26th, 2012, 09:50 AM

@ Texas A&M
Eastern Washington
Texas Southern--SWAC is not very good at maintaining their commitment to travel so we will see if this one stays on the schedule.

Seriously??? Isn't it less than 75 miles from Texas Southern to Sam Houson State? Hell.... Team Mom's for our Youth Football League travel further each week!!

VUCats02
October 26th, 2012, 09:57 AM

I think he was talking about the fact that Nova only has 4 home games next year...

Walkon79
October 26th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Come on down. We like visitors...and you can set up next to us

Would love to make that trip, but i can drive to Grand Forks and Fargo almost as easy as going to a home game, so I don't see making 3 road trips!!!

Maybe I'll skip Fargo :)

centraljerseycat
October 26th, 2012, 10:45 AM
That's exactly what I was talking about. Blue Hen fans are a little slow.

bostonspider
October 26th, 2012, 07:20 PM
In 2013, the Spiders will face N.C. State(A), Gardner-Webb(A), VMI(H) and Liberty(H) in nonleague games.

In 2014, UR plays six(6)home games including Hampton(H),Morehead State(H).Liberty(A) and Virginia(A) will be away.

In 2015,UR plays five(5)home games including VMI(H).Hampton(A) and ACC foe Maryland(A) will round out the OOC.

In 2016,UR plays six(6) home games including Charlotte(H) and Norfolk State(H).Virginia(A) rounds out the OOC.

nwFL Griz
October 29th, 2012, 07:57 AM

ECU Aug 31
UNC Sept 7
Maryland Oct 12
Norfolk State Oct 26
Rhode Island Nov 2 @ ODU
Idaho Nov 9
Citadel @ ODU TBA

WTG ODU............The planning of our AD and Admin. has enabled us to reach goals that other Schools only dream of with a move to FBS.

Aim High

You need to switch the dates for UNC and Maryland. You visit the Terps on Sept 7 and the Tar Holes on Oct 12.

I-16Bandit
October 29th, 2012, 08:43 AM

About time you guys played a decent FBS team.

crusader11
October 29th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Rumor is that Holy Cross will host Towson in 2013, and then play at Towson in 2014.

Can any of the Tiger fans out there confirm?

dgtw
October 29th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Jax State was supposed to play Auburn next year, but it was announced today the game has been cancelled due to scheduling issues related to SEC expansion. We still get the guarentee, so that's half a million in the bank for doing nothing.

That leaves us...

9/21 @ Georgia State
???? vs. Jacksonville (I would guess early season)

OVC scedule
@SEMO
@Tennessee State
@Murray State
@Austin Peay
Eastern Illinois
Eastern Kentucky
Tennessee Tech
Tennessee-Martin

That leaves us with two open dates. I'd like to see us try for a home/home with a decent FCS team that would travel well (GSU?) or try to beg Samford for a series. But they'll probably sell out for butt kickings from BCS teams. Maybe Idaho would give us a game.

Twentysix
October 29th, 2012, 10:24 PM
About time you guys played a decent FBS team.

That is now #2 Kansas State.

When we beat them next year you will all be talking about how they are a **** team. xlolx

ITmonarch10
October 29th, 2012, 11:00 PM
That is now #2 Kansas State.

When we beat them next year you will all be talking about how they are a **** team. xlolx

Kansas State has been good a good several years now. I doubt they will fall to the level of Idaho or Wyoming in one year. That game will probably be the only game in which I root for the bison :p

ODU Oldtimer
October 30th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Thanks Shawn... I corrected the dates

ECU Aug 31
Maryland Sept 7
UNC Oct 12
Norfolk State Oct 26
Rhode Island Nov 2 @ ODU
Idaho Nov 9
Citadel @ ODU TBA

Aim High

nwFL Griz
October 30th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Thanks Shawn... I corrected the dates

ECU Aug 31
Maryland Sept 7
UNC Oct 12
Norfolk State Oct 26
Rhode Island Nov 2 @ ODU
Idaho Nov 9
Citadel @ ODU TBA

Aim High

Definitely a very nice schedule. Good work by your admins.

katstrapper
October 31st, 2012, 04:31 PM

@ Texas A&M
Eastern Washington

This is what is rumored as tentative sked....

9-7... Texas A&M...........................A
9-14... TEXAS SOUTHERN.................. H
9-28... EASTERN WASHINGTON......... H
Central Arkansas............................... H
McNeese St...................................... A
SE Louisiana.................................... A
Nicholls St....................................... H
Lamar............................................. H
Northwestern St............................... H
Stephen F Austin.............................. RELIANT

Still one more game to add. Somewhere I read on Katfans that maybe Alabama St? These games are in no particular order other than the Non Conf games listed.

BEAR
October 31st, 2012, 04:50 PM
So far we have at UCA:

09.07.13 Colorado Boulder, Colo.

11.30.13 NCAA FCS Playoffs

Short season I know..but hey, if playing ONE FBS and one playoff game will keep the team healthy for the second round..why not? xeyebrowx

Flipping fields from this year though:

AT SAMl
SFA
AT Nicholls
AT McNeese (because we owe them a few years) xlolx
AT Lamar
SELA
AT NWST

CoastalFan2005
November 2nd, 2012, 08:16 AM
Tentative 2013 Coastal Carolina Football Schedule

08/31/13 - @ South Carolina State
09/07/13 - vs. Furman
09/14/13 - @ Eastern Kentucky
09/21/13 - vs. Hampton
09/28/13 - @ Elon
10/05/13 - ?
10/12/13 - ?
10/19/13 - vs. VMI (per kdinva (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?120369-2013-Schedules&p=1874543&viewfull=1#post1874543))
10/26/13 - vs. Presbyterian (our Homecoming is usually around this date, so this is tentative; if we play VMI on 10/19, we'd play PC here assuming this will indeed be Homecoming)
11/02/13 - vs. UNC-Charlotte
11/09/13 - vs. Gardner-Webb (per Gardner-Webb's board (http://gardnerwebbfans.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=2&action=display&thread=316))
11/16/13 - ?
11/23/13 - @ Univ. of South Carolina
Unknown dates: @ Charleston Southern (I've been told we won't be playing them near the end of the season in 2013 in order to accommodate our FBS game @ the Lamecocks), @ Liberty, BYE week

Source for most of this schedule (http://www.goccusports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/103112aaa.html)

nwFL Griz
November 2nd, 2012, 10:00 AM
Unknown dates: @ Charleston Southern (I've been told we won't be playing them near the end of the season in 2013 in order to accommodate our FBS game @ the Lamecocks)

Matter of fact, from what I am showing, the only possible date for you to play CSU is Oct 5.

CoastalFan2005
November 2nd, 2012, 11:10 AM
Matter of fact, from what I am showing, the only possible date for you to play CSU is Oct 5.

Where are you getting that info, if you don't mind me asking? Haven't been able to find out much re: LU & CSU's '13 schedules yet.

kdinva
November 2nd, 2012, 11:20 AM
Where are you getting that info, if you don't mind me asking? Haven't been able to find out much re: LU & CSU's '13 schedules yet.

VMI is hosting Chuck South on Oct. 12th.........

CoastalFan2005
November 2nd, 2012, 11:42 AM
VMI is hosting Chuck South on Oct. 12th.........

LOL, I'm an idiot. Obviously I haven't had enough caffeine today. Thanks.

nwFL Griz
November 5th, 2012, 10:49 AM

Just matching up your open dates with CSU's open dates. The only common open date is Oct 5.

Here is what I have for both teams for the dates you are open:

Oct 5: both open
Oct 12: CSU@VMI
Oct 26: UNCC@CSU
Nov 16: CSU@GWU

Fairly straight-forward, no?

Edge316007
November 5th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Does Charlotte start next year? I wonder what the chances are of them matching up with App.

kdinva
November 5th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Does Charlotte start next year?

uh, yeah. schedule finalized about 7 months ago........

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/23200/fball/13Fballsked.pdf

GeauxLions94
November 5th, 2012, 01:34 PM
This is what is rumored as tentative sked....

9-7... Texas A&M...........................A
9-14... TEXAS SOUTHERN.................. H
9-28... EASTERN WASHINGTON......... H
Central Arkansas............................... H
McNeese St...................................... A
SE Louisiana.................................... A
Nicholls St....................................... H
Lamar............................................. H
Northwestern St............................... H
Stephen F Austin.............................. RELIANT

Still one more game to add. Somewhere I read on Katfans that maybe Alabama St? These games are in no particular order other than the Non Conf games listed.

FCS can play 12 games in 2013 and 2014 ... looks like you can add two for 13.

GeauxLions94
November 5th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Was supposed to open with TCU on 8/31, but that got pushed back due to TCU-LSU game at JerryWorld on same night.

Tentative 2013 SLU Sked
8-31 - OPEN (will definitely be a home game with the next two coming up ...)
9-7 - at TCU
9-14 - at South Dakota State
9-21 - OPEN
9-28 - OPEN

Southland Home
Sam Houston State
Lamar
Nicholls State (last game of season)

Southland Away
McNeese State
Stephen F. Austin
Central Arkansas
Northwestern State

CoastalFan2005
November 5th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Just matching up your open dates with CSU's open dates. The only common open date is Oct 5.

Here is what I have for both teams for the dates you are open:

Oct 5: both open
Oct 12: CSU@VMI
Oct 26: UNCC@CSU
Nov 16: CSU@GWU

Fairly straight-forward, no?

Yes - I was fairly under-caffeinated that day and didn't see the other schedules the first time I looked, but thanks.

kdinva
November 7th, 2012, 07:43 PM
This may be the first official presser for a 2013 sked............Montana;

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4541202

11 games in a row.......yikes.

Seawolf97
November 7th, 2012, 08:50 PM
This may be the first official presser for a 2013 sked............Montana;

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4541202

11 games in a row.......yikes.

Thats what we played this year. Our BYE week is 11/17 it is a stretch.

Jiggs
November 8th, 2012, 02:34 PM
SEPT. 7 - Samford (H) @ 6:00PM

According to this http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/sec/arkansas-razorbacks.php, Samford is playing Arkansas on that date.

Engineer86
November 10th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Just bought a Lehigh program and they have the 2013 schedule

New Hampshire at home is the highlight. Still needs to be better. Glad to to see UNH on the schedule, they are the one CAA school that will play anyone anywhere

Start Sept 7 only 11 games
CCSU,
@Monmouth,
@Princeton,
UNH
@Fordham
@Columbia
Georgetown
@Bucknell
Bye
Holy Cross
@Colgate
#149 Lafayette

WataugaDave
November 10th, 2012, 11:50 AM
This is what App has on their website:

Non-conference:
at Montana
at Georgia

SoCon:
Home: Chattanooga, Georgia Southern, Samford, Western Carolina
Away: The Citadel, Elon, Furman, Wofford

No dates provided.

GoAgs72
November 10th, 2012, 12:07 PM
UC Davis 2013 Schedule

8/31
9/7
9/14 @Univ of Nevada, Reno
9/21
9/28 Idaho State
10/5 @SUU
10/12 Montana
10/19 @Northern Colorado
10/26 @Montana State
11/2 Cal Poly
11/9
11/16 North Dakota
11/23 @Sac State

mainejeff
November 10th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Just bought a Lehigh program and they have the 2013 schedule

New Hampshire at home is the highlight. Still needs to be better. Glad to to see UNH on the schedule, they are the one CAA school that will play anyone anywhere

Really? Huh......I thought that Maine did that but maybe I am wrong.

Engineer86
November 11th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Really? Huh......I thought that Maine did that but maybe I am wrong.

To be fair, you may and more likely NE schools due to travel cost. W&M has as well. My comment is more about the two mid-Atlantic members who will not.

kiddakota
November 11th, 2012, 09:48 AM
South Dakota State Jackrabbits Future Schedules

Aug 31 - OPEN
Sep 7 - @ North Dakota
Sep 14 - Southeastern Louisiana
Sep 21 - @ Nebraska
Sep 28 - North Dakota State
Oct 5 - Southern Illinois
Oct 12 - @ Western Illinois
Oct 19 - @ Missouri State
Oct 26 - Northern Iowa
Nov 2 - OPEN
Nov 9 - Indiana State
Nov 16 - @ South Dakota
Nov 23 - @ Youngstown State

Aug 30 - @ Missouri
Sep 6 - Cal Poly
Sep 13 - OPEN
Sep 20 - OPEN
Sep 27 - OPEN
Oct 4 - @ Illinois State
Oct 11 - Missouri State
Oct 18 - @ Northern Iowa
Oct 25 - Youngstown State
Nov 1 - @ North Dakota State
Nov 8 - @ Indiana State
Nov 15 - Western Illinois
Nov 22 - South Dakota

Sep 3 - @ Minnesota

Sep 1 - @ Iowa State

Aug 29 - @ Minnesota

aceinthehole
November 21st, 2012, 09:32 AM

at Lehigh
vs. Holy Cross
at James Madison
+ 7 NEC games

Word has it that Central Connecticut has kept both UA and URI on the schedule for the next 2 years. So here's CCSU's unofficial schedule:

at Albany (Bob Ford Field opener)
at Lehigh
vs. Holy Cross
at James Madison
at Rhode Island
+ 7 NEC games

vs. Albany
at Holy Cross
vs. Rhode Island
at Dartmouth
TBA
+ 7 NEC games

Looks like Central will only get a total of 5 home games in 2013, but we do get to host 2 CAA teams at home in 2014.

aceinthehole
November 23rd, 2012, 02:19 PM
Monmouth 2013 non-conf schedule:

vs. Lehigh
vs. Cornell
at Columbia

Monmouth is reportedly seeking one more non-conference game, so they may not play 12.

http://blogs.app.com/hawks/2012/11/22/mu-football-callahan-reviews-2012/

ODU Oldtimer
November 23rd, 2012, 03:03 PM
10 Now

ODU FCS Independent Football Schedule 2013

ECU Aug 31
Maryland Sept 7
Howard Sept 14 @ ODU
Citadel Sept 21 @ ODU
Liberty Oct 5 @ ODU
UNC Oct 12
Norfolk State Oct 26
Rhode Island Nov 2 @ ODU
Idaho Nov 9

I think they would like to add two more games? One FBS away and one FCS home...........

kdinva
November 23rd, 2012, 08:23 PM
10 Now

@ ECU Aug 31
@ Maryland Sept 7
Howard Sept 14 @ ODU
Citadel Sept 21 @ ODU
Liberty Oct 5 @ ODU
@ UNC Oct 12
@ Norfolk State Oct 26
Rhode Island Nov 2 @ ODU
@ Idaho Nov 9

I think they would like to add two more games?.......

They will ;) ALL D-1s can do 12 games next season.........I am wondering what kind of $$ guarantee Idaho can put up? They may average 12,000 per home game.......and by 2019, when Idaho visits Norfolk, Foreman Field may/should be up to 33,000 or so seats.

ITmonarch10
November 23rd, 2012, 11:03 PM
10 Now

ECU Aug 31
Maryland Sept 7
Howard Sept 14 @ ODU
Citadel Sept 21 @ ODU
Liberty Oct 5 @ ODU
UNC Oct 12
Norfolk State Oct 26
Rhode Island Nov 2 @ ODU
Idaho Nov 9

I think they would like to add two more games? One FBS away and one FCS home...........

I hope we can get a serious FCS power to add to our schedule. Id love to see App, NDSU, Montana, EWU, or any other team we could miss in the playoffs this year.

T-Dog
November 23rd, 2012, 11:54 PM
I hope we can get a serious FCS power to add to our schedule. Id love to see App, NDSU, Montana, EWU, or any other team we could miss in the playoffs this year.

If you'd schedule ASU, then you'd have to come to Boone next year and then the return trip wouldn't be for at least three years just because of our future schedules right now

ITmonarch10
November 24th, 2012, 01:22 AM
If you'd schedule ASU, then you'd have to come to Boone next year and then the return trip wouldn't be for at least three years just because of our future schedules right now

We already have a deal like that with Norfolk State ,so its not going to happen :(. We need one more home game for the season and another away FBS game just for this season.

Twentysix
November 24th, 2012, 08:25 AM
If ODU would return the home and home when they are full FBS I would love to have NDSU play @ODU next year. Since its a 12 game season it would be realistic too.

ODU Oldtimer
November 24th, 2012, 09:04 AM
They will ;) ALL D-1s can do 12 games next season.........I am wondering what kind of $$ guarantee Idaho can put up? They may average 12,000 per home game.......and by 2019, when Idaho visits Norfolk, Foreman Field may/should be up to 33,000 or so seats.

It appears that Idaho is paying travel expenses for ODU to play them next year ($150 K). ODU's contract is for a return in 2019 same guarantee ($150K). It also has restrictions about FBS / FCS future classifications about the final participation from both schools.

bjtheflamesfan
November 24th, 2012, 10:23 AM
10 Now

ECU Aug 31
Maryland Sept 7
Howard Sept 14 @ ODU
Citadel Sept 21 @ ODU
Liberty Oct 5 @ ODU
UNC Oct 12
Norfolk State Oct 26
Rhode Island Nov 2 @ ODU
Idaho Nov 9

And there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth in some segments of Monarch Nation at the announcement of this game...

bjtheflamesfan
November 27th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Here is Liberty's schedule as of right now (sans dates):

Home:

Coastal Carolina
Presbyterian
VMI

Away:
Kent State
Richmond
ODU
Norfolk State
Charleston Southern
Gardner-Webb

As of right now (and with Stony Brook going to the CAA), Liberty has three home openings, all non-conference.

walliver
November 27th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Wofford will have 11 D1 games next year. 8 SoCon, PC, GW, and Florida State. A 12th game is unlikely.

furpal87
November 28th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Furman's OOC nextyear 8/31 @GWebb 9/7 @Coastal 9/14 PC 10/26 @LSU
Conference confirms 9/28 @ Citadel 11/2 @GSU 11/9 Samford

We are playing 12 the next two years same teams in 2014 except at VT

aceinthehole
November 28th, 2012, 12:18 PM
As of right now (and with Stony Brook going to the CAA), Liberty has three home openings, all non-conference.

I would guess at least 1 NEC team will likely make the trip down there for a check to help fill out Liberty's schedule.

PAllen
November 28th, 2012, 02:31 PM
How about another home and home with Lehigh? Anything's better than a bye or another NEC team (no offense, but I'm about as thrilled with next year's schedule as I was with this year's, and I don't see Delaware or Villanova calling for a late season game).

kdinva
November 28th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Wofford will have 11 D1 games next year. 8 SoCon, PC, GW, and Florida State. A 12th game is unlikely.

offer some $$$ to a Pioneer League team, a one-game deal. xcoffeex It'll count as a D-1 opp.

goapps15
November 30th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Here is what I have put together so far for App State's 2013 Football Schedule:

August 31 @ Montana
October 5 @ The Citadel
October 26 vs. Georgia Southern
November 9 @ Georgia

one or two OOC games left: (one or both would likely be at home):
Confirmed OOC games: @ Montana (8/31) and @ UGA (11/9)

Conference road games: Furman, Citadel (10/5), Wofford, and Elon
Conference home games: Georgia Southern (10/26), Samford, Western Carolina, and Chattanooga

catamount man
November 30th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Western Carolina's schedule so far for 2013:

Aug 31 at Middle Tennessee
Sep 7 at Virginia Tech
Sep 14 The Citadel
Oct 12 at Auburn
Nov 9 at Georgia Southern

TBA at Samford, at Chattanooga, at Appalachian State
TBA Furman, Wofford, Elon, a d2 or FCS home game

GO CATS!!!

MarkyMark
November 30th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Western Carolina's schedule so far for 2013:

Aug 31 at Middle Tennessee
Sep 7 at Virginia Tech
Sep 14 The Citadel
Oct 12 at Auburn
Nov 9 at Georgia Southern

TBA at Samford, at Chattanooga, at Appalachian State
TBA Furman, Wofford, Elon, a d2 or FCS home game

GO CATS!!!

You must feel very confident that WC has bought out their contract with NDSU for Sept 21st. Why is it not official yet?

darell1976
November 30th, 2012, 01:01 PM
If ODU would return the home and home when they are full FBS I would love to have NDSU play @ODU next year. Since its a 12 game season it would be realistic too.

Could the FCS ever have a 12 game season every year or would it not work because of the playoffs?

bjtheflamesfan
November 30th, 2012, 01:20 PM
The only way that they work out a 12 game schedule is it falls on the years where there is an extra Saturday in November so yes I think the playoffs would preclude having a 12 game schedule, unless they started the season a week earlier

darell1976
November 30th, 2012, 01:24 PM
The only way that they work out a 12 game schedule is it falls on the years where there is an extra Saturday in November so yes I think the playoffs would preclude having a 12 game schedule, unless they started the season a week earlier

Just be like the NFL start in August and go to the end of December then start playoffs in January.xlolx

catamount man
November 30th, 2012, 03:49 PM
You must feel very confident that WC has bought out their contract with NDSU for Sept 21st. Why is it not official yet?

Just got an email from a source VERYCLOSE to WCU's AD. The game will not be played. I don't know when it'll be announced but we will not coming to Fargo. Getting a bigger payday from Auburn. GO CATS!

darell1976
November 30th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Just got an email from a source VERYCLOSE to WCU's AD. The game will not be played. I don't know when it'll be announced but we will not coming to Fargo. Getting a bigger payday from Auburn. GO CATS!

Should we start the rumor mill...there was rumor that Montana may buy out the UM-UND game in 2013 (its the back end of the home and home played in 2010). If that happens UND has an open date on Sept. 21st already. UND @ NDSU Sept 21, 2013????

MarkyMark
November 30th, 2012, 04:27 PM

I guess NDSU will have to take your 150K buyout and go find some other team. If Western is going to do this I hope they do it soon.

Professor Chaos
November 30th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I guess NDSU will have to take your 150K buyout and go find some other team. If Western is going to do this I hope they do it soon.
I'm pretty sure Gene Taylor has seen the writing on the wall if he hasn't already discussed it with WCU's AD. He been stating for a while now that NDSU is looking for a 12th game next year which I'm guessing is insurance for if/when WCU buys out of this contract so they can still have at least 11 D1 games on the schedule.

tourguide
November 30th, 2012, 04:36 PM

low life programs do not operate with with class. NDSU will not get official word from them until they release their official schedule. Luckily NDSU has forwarding thinking people in charge of shceduling and I assume they are already looking for a replacement

darell1976
November 30th, 2012, 04:39 PM
I'm pretty sure Gene Taylor has seen the writing on the wall if he hasn't already discussed it with WCU's AD. He been stating for a while now that NDSU is looking for a 12th game next year which I'm guessing is insurance for if/when WCU buys out of this contract so they can still have at least 11 D1 games on the schedule.

If NDSU got 11 games (say they replaced WCU) would they still look for the 12th game?

MarkyMark
November 30th, 2012, 04:44 PM
low life programs do not operate with with class. NDSU will not get official word from them until they release their official schedule. Luckily NDSU has forwarding thinking people in charge of shceduling and I assume they are already looking for a replacement

I love it that NDSU gets a 150K buyout. There is plenty of time to find another team to fill this spot for next Fall.

If I recall the WC buyout is higher than the amount NDSU was going to pay WC.

MarkyMark
November 30th, 2012, 04:47 PM

I think NDSU definately wants a 12 game schedule next year. You can call it insurance but I got the feeling NDSU wanted 12 games so that the amount of our 2013 D1 wins would not come in less than the any of the other top FCS teams.

catamount man
November 30th, 2012, 05:10 PM

Low life eh? Well, you can blame that the game was scheduled in the first place on our previous AD who was inept as a third grader at overseeing an athletic dept. budget. It was signed for a one game at you guys place with no return trip to WCU. Doesn't sound like NDSU was willing to do home and home so both schools may get a decent payday but to our clueless former AD, he signed the deal anyway.

Our new AD doesn't see ANY benefit to Western Carolina at all playing this game so if we're gonna get beat, let's get beat by Auburn and pocket some money. So up yours very much low-life!

tourguide
November 30th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Low life eh? Well, you can blame that the game was scheduled in the first place on our previous AD who was inept as a third grader at overseeing an athletic dept. budget. It was signed for a one game at you guys place with no return trip to WCU. Doesn't sound like NDSU was willing to do home and home so both schools may get a decent payday but to our
clueless former AD, he signed the deal anyway.

Our new AD doesn't see ANY benefit to Western Carolina at all playing this game so if we're gonna get beat, let's get beat by Auburn and pocket some money. So up yours very much low-life!

Then announce the game is canceled. the more they wait to announce the more slimy it is. i got no problem if you schedule auburn and then inform NDSU the game is off. i just have a feeling they are gonna pull a low life move like sav st did to UNI where they never even tell them until they release their schedule. show some class wcu AD

darell1976
November 30th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Then announce the game is canceled. the more they wait to announce the more slimy it is. i got no problem if you schedule auburn and then inform NDSU the game is off. i just have a feeling they are gonna pull a low life move like sav st did to UNI where they never even tell them until they release their schedule. show some class wcu AD

I agree with this. It's tough enough to schedule during the offseason so the sooner the buyout is announced the better.

carney2
November 30th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Lafayette schedule:

2013 SCHEDULE

SEPTEMBER
7 Open
14 WILLIAM & MARY
21 at Pennsylvania
28 YALE

OCTOBER
5 BUCKNELL
12 at Princeton
19 at Harvard
26 at Holy Cross
NOVEMBER

2 at Georgetown
9 COLGATE
16 FORDHAM
23 at Lehigh (149)

Check the OOCs. I think the faculty made this schedule with the hopes of getting library exchange privileges.

tourguide
November 30th, 2012, 06:55 PM
If NDSU got 11 games (say they replaced WCU) would they still look for the 12th game?

For sure but it will have to be the right situation. most likely a home and home vs a decent team

aceinthehole
December 2nd, 2012, 10:33 AM
Tentative 2013 NEC non-conf schedules:

Bryant – at Maine, vs. Brown
CCSU – at Albany, (9/7) at Lehigh, vs. Holy Cross, at James Madison, at Rhode Island
Duquesne –
Monmouth – vs. Lehigh, vs. Cornell, at Columbia
Robert Morris – at Eastern Kentucky, vs. Morgan State, (9/28) at VMI
Sacred Heart - at Columbia, at Bucknell
Saint Francis – (9/7) at Georgia Southern, at James Madison
Wagner - at Cornell, at Holy Cross, at Delaware

----
12-game schedule is allowed
7-game NEC schedule
up to 5 non-conference opponents

BEAR
December 2nd, 2012, 11:08 PM
Coach announced on the coach's show for UCA:

Incarnate word at UCA
at Colorado
at Tennessee Martin
at Missouri State
SLC schedule

No division II or NAIA teams! IW is transitioning to the SLC. Hopefully that will give us a better shot at hosting if we make it next year. xlolx

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2012, 11:13 PM

Incarnate word at UCA
at Colorado
at Tennessee Martin
at Missouri State
SLC schedule

No division II or NAIA teams! IW is transitioning to the SLC. Hopefully that will give us a better shot at hosting if we make it next year. xlolx

IW will count as a DII team if they are just startin their exploratory years while moving up. IIRC.

ITmonarch10
December 2nd, 2012, 11:15 PM

Incarnate word at UCA
at Colorado
at Tennessee Martin
at Missouri State
SLC schedule

Colorado is definitely a FBS beatable team. I think you can easily clean house with that schedule.

lionsrking2
December 2nd, 2012, 11:32 PM
IW will count as a DII team if they are just startin their exploratory years while moving up. IIRC.

Incarnate Word will not count towards D-I scheduling until 2014-15 ... we have them on our schedule in 2013 as well, and will be the first non D-I counter we've played since 2009 ... rest of the schedule is pretty solid, however very unofficial as of now.

As of now, looks like we'll open at home against a yet to be named opponent - hopefully Southeast Missouri, or similar ... travel consecutive weeks to TCU, South Dakota State, and Samford ... open at home vs Incarnate Word then an open date before conference play opens with SFA at home.

clenz
December 2nd, 2012, 11:32 PM
UNI has

@ Iowa State
@ Northern Colorado (front end of home and home)
vs Drake (not sure if it's a 1 and done or what the deal is here).
vs YSU
vs SIU
vs WIU
vs USD
@ NDSU
@ SDSU
@ISUr
@ MSU

Tough road schedule next year for UNI.

2 dates open right now, Sept 14 and 28. Looking for a FCS game at home to get to 6 home games

TheRevSFA
December 3rd, 2012, 06:38 AM
SFA 2013

8-31 at Weber State
9-7 atTexas Tech
9-14 McMurry (not at all happy about this)
9-21 Montana State (looking forward to this)
9-28 Prairie View A&M
10-5 Bye
10-12 at Southeastern Louisiana
10-19 Nicholls State (probably homecoming)
10-26 at Central Arkansas
11-2 vs Sam Houston - Battle of the piney woods at Reliant Stadium, Houston, TX
11-9 vs McNeese
11-16 at Lamar
11-23 at Northwestern State - Battle for Chief Caddo

TheRevSFA
December 3rd, 2012, 06:40 AM
Incarnate Word will not count towards D-I scheduling until 2014-15 ... we have them on our schedule in 2013 as well, and will be the first non D-I counter we've played since 2009 ... rest of the schedule is pretty solid, however very unofficial as of now.

As of now, looks like we'll open at home against a yet to be named opponent - hopefully Southeast Missouri, or similar ... travel consecutive weeks to TCU, South Dakota State, and Samford ... open at home vs Incarnate Word then an open date before conference play opens with SFA at home.

I was kind of confused about us going back to Hammond, but we also have Nicholls at home so I figured it must be due to future scheduling with UIW and ACU coming in

nwFL Griz
December 3rd, 2012, 08:09 AM
Lafayette schedule:

2013 SCHEDULE

SEPTEMBER
7 Open
14 WILLIAM & MARY
21 at Pennsylvania
28 YALE

OCTOBER
5 BUCKNELL
12 at Princeton
19 at Harvard
26 at Holy Cross
NOVEMBER

2 at Georgetown
9 COLGATE
16 FORDHAM
23 at Lehigh (149)

Check the OOCs. I think the faculty made this schedule with the hopes of getting library exchange privileges.

You sure about these? I'm showing Yale hosting Cornell on Sep 28, and Princeton at Hampton on Oct 12.

darell1976
December 3rd, 2012, 08:34 AM
UNI has

@ Iowa State
@ Northern Colorado (front end of home and home)
vs Drake (not sure if it's a 1 and done or what the deal is here).
vs YSU
vs SIU
vs WIU
vs USD
@ NDSU
@ SDSU
@ISUr
@ MSU

Tough road schedule next year for UNI.

2 dates open right now, Sept 14 and 28. Looking for a FCS game at home to get to 6 home games

I would love for UND to play UNI again. Especially after our win over you guys in 2006 when we were DII. But this time make it our dome first.xnodx

BEAR
December 3rd, 2012, 09:38 AM
SFA 2013

8-31 at Weber State
9-7 atTexas Tech
9-14 McMurry (not at all happy about this)
9-21 Montana State (looking forward to this)
9-28 Prairie View A&M
10-5 Bye
10-12 at Southeastern Louisiana
10-19 Nicholls State (probably homecoming)
10-26 at Central Arkansas
11-2 vs Sam Houston - Battle of the piney woods at Reliant Stadium, Houston, TX
11-9 vs McNeese
11-16 at Lamar
11-23 at Northwestern State - Battle for Chief Caddo

Two bye weeks in a row? xlolx Just kidding! xlolx

UCA should be a road team next year.
IW first home game.
Colorado on the road.
UT Martin on the road.
Missouri State on the road.
SHSU on the road.
Lamar on the road.
NWST on the road.
Nicholls on the road.
and I'm sure we OWE McNeese a road game. xlolx

7 , maybe 8 road games. Gonna be tough.

RowdyRabbit
December 3rd, 2012, 01:09 PM
I agree with this. It's tough enough to schedule during the offseason so the sooner the buyout is announced the better.

If I were GT, I would be leaving WCU's AD a message EVERY DAY looking for an answer.

clenz
December 3rd, 2012, 07:39 PM
I would love for UND to play UNI again. Especially after our win over you guys in 2006 when we were DII. But this time make it our dome first.xnodx
I'd love to see it as well...but I don't think we'd be going to ND twice next year.

UNC comes to CF next year, so the home and home would likely end up UNI this year UND next year.

Skyhawk71
December 3rd, 2012, 08:15 PM
Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
8/29 @ UT Chattanooga
9/7 @ Boise State
9/14 Central Arkansas
9/28 @ Southeast Missouri *
10/5 Jacksonville State *
10/12 @ Tennessee Tech *
10/19 Tennessee State*
10/26 @ Austin Peay *
11/2 Murray State*
11/9 @ Memphis
11/16 @ Eastern Kentucky *
11/23 Eastern Illinois

So In a year when UTM loses 19 seniors, our AD picks up Memphis, that we beat this year, and could have used for recruiting the Memphis/Shelby County area for a few years, so that they can run it up and put the Skyhawks back in their place, pure genius- and stick it in between Murray and EKU, yep= 4-8 and a great amount of drinking with 2-10 very possible- xbangx

kdinva
December 7th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Cal Poly..........will be a fun Homecoming game there. xslapfightx

http://gopoly.com/sports/fball/2013-14/schedule

carney2
December 7th, 2012, 06:44 PM
You sure about these? I'm showing Yale hosting Cornell on Sep 28, and Princeton at Hampton on Oct 12.

Good catch. The schedule that I posted is from the 2012 Lafayette Media Guide. Lafayette has not yet released their 2013 schedule. Yale does indeed show that they are scheduled to play Cornell at home on September 28th. Princeton's published schedule for 2013 on the other hand, confirms that they will be playing Lafayette at Princeton Stadium in October 12th.

kdinva
December 11th, 2012, 12:27 PM
South Dakota:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4549187

Lehigh Football Nation
December 11th, 2012, 12:31 PM
I'm getting the distinct impression that kdinva is trying to get me to make my 2013 FCS schedules started for CSJ. :)

slycat
December 11th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Prairie View A&M will play at Texas St.

http://texasstatesports.com/2012/12/03/college-football-2013-schedule-finalized/

BEAR
December 11th, 2012, 04:06 PM
I heard we might be able to get a 12th game in this year? We have 7 road games, I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. What are the "rules" for getting a 12th game?

Twentysix
December 11th, 2012, 04:07 PM
I heard we might be able to get a 12th game in this year? We have 7 road games, I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. What are the "rules" for getting a 12th game?

Schedule it, thats the rule.

BEAR
December 11th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Schedule it, thats the rule.

But that's too complicatedly easy! xlolx

woffordgrad94
December 11th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Wofford will have home games against Presbyterian, Gardner-Webb, Appalachian State, Georgia Southern, Elon, and Samford. Road games will be at Florida State, Furman, The Citadel, Western Carolina, and Chattanooga. I doubt we'll have a 12th game as Mike Ayers has said he is not in favor of one. Personally, I'd like a home and home against a traditional FCS power, but it will never happen. The best news about this schedule is no D-2 or NAIA games, and we have six home games.

One funny note- we will serve as a homecoming opponent for The Citadel, a team that hasn't beaten us in 14 years.

Terryer
December 11th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Wofford will have home games against Presbyterian, Gardner-Webb, Appalachian State, Georgia Southern, Elon, and Samford. Road games will be at Florida State, Furman, The Citadel, Western Carolina, and Chattanooga. I doubt we'll have a 12th game as Mike Ayers has said he is not in favor of one. Personally, I'd like a home and home against a traditional FCS power, but it will never happen. The best news about this schedule is no D-2 or NAIA games, and we have six home games.

One funny note- we will serve as a homecoming opponent for The Citadel, a team that hasn't beaten us in 14 years.

I like the early FSU matchup. And the two Big South match ups ....

What would be the reason we wouldn't schedule a 12th game? Would that put us at a competitive disadvantage with less games/fewer opportunities to get wins?

woffordgrad94
December 11th, 2012, 09:11 PM
I think it's just that Ayers says having an extra game would wear us down more and give us another opportunity for injuries. He'd rather have a bye week. And with 11 D-1 games, 10 of them winnable, we should definitely get to 7 wins.

Terryer
December 11th, 2012, 09:40 PM
I think it's just that Ayers says having an extra game would wear us down more and give us another opportunity for injuries. He'd rather have a bye week. And with 11 D-1 games, 10 of them winnable, we should definitely get to 7 wins.

I haven't looked at a calendar, but would we have two bye weeks or one by playing 11 games?

citdog
December 11th, 2012, 09:49 PM

without THE BEAR JEW there will not be a 15th.

McNeese75
December 11th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Two bye weeks in a row? xlolx Just kidding! xlolx

UCA should be a road team next year.
IW first home game.
Colorado on the road.
UT Martin on the road.
Missouri State on the road.
SHSU on the road.
Lamar on the road.
NWST on the road.
Nicholls on the road.
and I'm sure we OWE McNeese a road game. xlolx

7 , maybe 8 road games. Gonna be tough.

Your are damn skippy you do lol

dudeitsaid
December 11th, 2012, 10:24 PM
This is what I have for EWU:
Aug. 31, at Oregon State;
Sept. 7, Western Oregon;
Sept. 14, at Toledo;
Sept. 21, Open;
Sept. 28, at Sam Houston State;
Oct. 5, Weber State*;
Oct. 12, at North Dakota*;
Oct. 19, Southern Utah*;
Oct. 26, at Montana*;
Nov. 2, at Idaho State*;
Nov. 9, Montana State*;
Nov. 16, at Cal Poly*;
Nov. 23 Portland State*

* - Big Sky Conference game

slostang
December 11th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Sept. 7, Western Oregon;
Sept. 14, at Toledo;
Sept. 21, Open;
Oct. 5, Weber State*;
Oct. 19, Southern Utah*;
Oct. 26, at Montana*;
Nov. 2, at Idaho State*;
Nov. 9, Montana State*;
Nov. 16, at Cal Poly*;
Nov. 23 Portland State*

That is one tough road schedule.

@ Oregon State
@ Toledo
@ Sam Houston State
@ North Dakota
@ Montana
@ Idaho State (at least you have one that on paper should not be too tough)
@ Cal Poly

woffordgrad94
December 11th, 2012, 10:40 PM
I do know know if we will have one bye week or two with 11 games. Two would be nice.

woffordgrad94
December 11th, 2012, 10:46 PM
without THE BEAR JEW there will not be a 15th.

You keep thinking that, okay. We had some good seasons before EB, and we'll have good seasons after him. And we beat you knobs ten times before EB anyway. Even in our two losing seasons in 2005 and 2009 we still waxed and buffed the boys in baby blue unis.

Sorry to get off topic, I just had to let that guy know what time it was.

nwFL Griz
December 12th, 2012, 07:58 AM
If you don't play 12 next year, you will have 2 bye weeks.

ysubigred
December 12th, 2012, 09:24 AM
YSU 2013... The last 3 games of the season will be brutal. Good thing 2 of the 3 are at home.

Aug. 29 vs. Dayton
Sept. 7 vs. Morehead State
Sept. 14 at BCS Opponent*
Sept. 21 vs. Duquesne
Sept. 28 at Southern Illinois
Oct. 5 at Indiana State
Oct. 12 vs. Illinois State
Oct. 19 vs. Western Illinois
Nov. 2 at South Dakota
Nov. 9 at Northern Iowa
Nov. 16 vs. North Dakota State
Nov. 23 vs. South Dakota State

*The game is expected to be against Michigan State; however, the Spartans have not released their complete schedule.

kdinva
December 12th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Northwestern St.:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4549294

Two 1-A's plus a D-2........tough to get 7 D-1 W's. And only 11 total contests.

Eastern Kentucky:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4549393

Three OOC 1-AA games, two definitely winnable......

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 12th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Not sure if Lehigh's has been posted. I think it's a very good schedule, outsiders will believe it's weak. 11 D1 games and 6 away games which is highly unusual...

9/7 Central Conn St.
9/14 @ Monmouth
9/21 @ Princeton
9/28 New Hampshire
10/5 @ Fordham
10/12 @ Columbia
10/19 Georgetown
10/26 @ Bucknell
11/2 Bye
11/9 Holy Cross
11/16 @ Colgate
11/23 Lafayette #149

danefan
December 12th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Not sure if that has been posted. I think a great it's a very good schedule, outsiders will believe it's weak. 11 D1 games and 6 away games which is highly unusual...

9/7 Central Conn St.
9/14 @ Monmouth
9/21 @ Princeton
9/28 New Hampshire
10/5 @ Fordham
10/12 @ Columbia
10/19 Georgetown
11/2 Bye
11/9 Holy Cross
11/16 @ Colgate
11/23 Lafayette #149

Week 1 is a bye too. I wonder how many PL teams will schedule a 12th game?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 12th, 2012, 12:27 PM

Good question. I completely forgot about the extra week next season.

ngineer
December 12th, 2012, 01:17 PM
If Lehigh were to add a game on 8/31, it would have to be home with 6 games already on the road. Haven't hear any scutttlebutt about any PL teams adding a 12th game.

danefan
December 12th, 2012, 01:22 PM
If Lehigh were to add a game on 8/31, it would have to be home with 6 games already on the road. Haven't hear any scutttlebutt about any PL teams adding a 12th game.

Could hurt the PL's OOC record next year. Most teams will be playing their first game against teams playing their second game.

BEAR
December 12th, 2012, 03:12 PM
UCA schedule released:

Thu, Aug. 29 Incarnate Word
Sat, Sep 07 at Colorado
Sat, Sep 14 at UT Martin
Sat, Sep 21 at Missouri St
Sat, Sep 28 McNeese St
Sat, Oct 05 OPEN??
Sat, Oct 12 OPEN??
Sat, Oct 19 at Lamar
Sat, Oct 26 Stephen F Austin
Sat, Nov 02 at Northwestern State
Sat, Nov 09 Southeastern La
Sat, Nov 16 at Nicholls St
Sat, Nov 23 Sam Houston St
Sat, Nov 30 FCS Playoffs

KATS_21
December 12th, 2012, 03:16 PM
UCA schedule released:

Thu, Aug. 29 Incarnate Word
Sat, Sep 07 at Colorado
Sat, Sep 14 at UT Martin
Sat, Sep 21 at Missouri St
Sat, Sep 28 McNeese St
Sat, Oct 05 OPEN??
Sat, Oct 12 OPEN??
Sat, Oct 19 at Lamar
Sat, Oct 26 Stephen F Austin
Sat, Nov 02 at Northwestern State
Sat, Nov 09 Southeastern La
Sat, Nov 16 at Nicholls St
Sat, Nov 23 Sam Houston St
Sat, Nov 30 FCS Playoffs

I like seeing Sam Houston the last week of the season. I would feel better if that game was in Huntsville and not Conway, thats 2 years in a row. I hope we get paid back the next 2 years without having to make that trip.

BEAR
December 12th, 2012, 03:23 PM
I like seeing Sam Houston the last week of the season. I would feel better if that game was in Huntsville and not Conway, thats 2 years in a row. I hope we get paid back the next 2 years without having to make that trip.

You can thank all the teams that left and the ones that are new to the conference for that. xlolx

van
December 12th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Not sure if Lehigh's has been posted. I think it's a very good schedule, outsiders will believe it's weak. 11 D1 games and 6 away games which is highly unusual...

9/7 Central Conn St.
9/14 @ Monmouth
9/21 @ Princeton
9/28 New Hampshire
10/5 @ Fordham
10/12 @ Columbia
10/19 Georgetown
10/26 @ Bucknell
11/2 Bye
11/9 Holy Cross
11/16 @ Colgate
11/23 Lafayette #149

Believe Pards have bye in week 1 also, maybe we could schedule them for 2 next year? We can always use another + in the win column! xsmiley_wix

GoAgs72
December 15th, 2012, 11:53 AM
UC Davis 2013 schedule announced: http://www.ucdavisaggies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121312aaa.html

8/31 @ South Dakota
9/14 @ Nevada - Reno
9/21 Portland State
9/28 Idaho State
10/5 @Southern Utah
10/12 Montana
10/19 @Northern Colorado
10/26 @Montana State
11/2 Cal Poly
11/16 North Dakota
11/23 @Sac State

May still get one more home game - either 9/7 or 11/9

darell1976
December 15th, 2012, 04:40 PM
UC Davis 2013 schedule announced: http://www.ucdavisaggies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121312aaa.html

8/31 @ South Dakota
9/14 @ Nevada - Reno
9/21 Portland State
9/28 Idaho State
10/5 @Southern Utah
10/12 Montana
10/19 @Northern Colorado
10/26 @Montana State
11/2 Cal Poly
11/16 North Dakota
11/23 @Sac State

One of these days I have to come out there for a game. I have never been to California.

GoAgs72
December 15th, 2012, 07:50 PM
One of these days I have to come out there for a game. I have never been to California.

It would be fun to get you together with all our Aggie fan site people at the tailgate. September's too hot, October is perfect, November is variable weather - maybe 70 deg and sunny or 58 deg and raining. Definitely no snow or freezing temps at game time. There's lots to do here besides football especially if go to the SF Bay Area. I may never get to North Dakota - spent all my life in California and usually go someplace else warm like Hawaii or Florida for extended vacations. Only get cold weather when I go skiing at Lake Tahoe - but that's at 8000 to 9000 feet.

slostang
December 15th, 2012, 09:55 PM

8/31 @ South Dakota
9/14 @ Nevada - Reno
9/21 Portland State
9/28 Idaho State
10/5 @Southern Utah
10/12 Montana
10/19 @Northern Colorado
10/26 @Montana State
11/2 Cal Poly
11/16 North Dakota
11/23 @Sac State

Nice schedule. Portland State is an out of conference game.

GoAgs72
December 16th, 2012, 03:53 PM

Thanks. At least no D2 games or multiple FBS games. The Big Sky affiliation is helping a lot with scheduling.

ITmonarch10
December 16th, 2012, 03:58 PM

That is so weird playing conference mates as an OOC game. I'm not sure if that's a benefit or not.

citdog
December 16th, 2012, 05:02 PM

for good reason.

https://dancingczars.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/moonbeamwelcom.jpg?w=300&h=239

darell1976
December 16th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Thanks. At least no D2 games or multiple FBS games. The Big Sky affiliation is helping a lot with scheduling.

It's a lot easier to schedule 3 OOC games as opposed to seven like it was in the Great West.

danefan
December 17th, 2012, 02:31 PM
CAA conference schedule must be done. Richmond is the first to release.

http://www.richmondspiders.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=26800&ATCLID=205828419

2013 Spider Football Schedule

Aug. 31
VMI

Sept. 7
at North Carolina State

Sept. 14
at Gardner-Webb

Sept. 21
Liberty

Sept. 28
Maine*

Oct. 5
Bye Week

Oct. 12
at James Madison*

Oct. 19
at Rhode Island*

Oct. 26
Towson*

Nov. 2
Albany*

Nov. 9
at Stony Brook*

Nov. 16
at Delaware*

Nov. 23
William & Mary*

*CAA Football game | Home Game

bluehenbillk
December 17th, 2012, 02:54 PM
CAA conference schedule must be done. Richmond is the first to release.

http://www.richmondspiders.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=26800&ATCLID=205828419

2013 Spider Football Schedule

Aug. 31
VMI

Sept. 7
at North Carolina State

Sept. 14
at Gardner-Webb

Sept. 21
Liberty

Sept. 28
Maine*

Oct. 5
Bye Week

Oct. 12
at James Madison*

Oct. 19
at Rhode Island*

Oct. 26
Towson*

Nov. 2
Albany*

Nov. 9
at Stony Brook*

Nov. 16
at Delaware*

Nov. 23
William & Mary*

*CAA Football game | Home Game

Now the frustration of waiting for everyone else to release....

whitey
December 17th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Now the frustration of waiting for everyone else to release....

Right there with you. Every year same thing.

centraljerseycat
December 17th, 2012, 03:01 PM
That sucks! I was hoping Villanova would be playing at UR in 2013. Was looking forward to seeing your new stadium.

aceinthehole
December 17th, 2012, 03:25 PM
With an 11-team CAA and keeping a 8-game conference schedule, I assume the CAA is using the old BigTen model.

Each team is assigned 2 "rivals" which would be played every year, and you would skip a pair opponents from the remaining 8 teams for a 2-year period.

Richmond
Rivals - W&M, JMU (?)
Skipped - UNH, 'Nova

Delaware
Rivals - 'Nova, Towson (?)
Skipped - UNH, SBU

New Hampshire
Rivals - Maine, (?)
Skipped - Richmond, Delaware

melloware13
December 18th, 2012, 12:19 PM
From Kevin Tresolini (News Journal) https://twitter.com/kevintresolini
8/31 (possibly 8/29 or 8/30) - Jacksonville
9/7 - Delaware State
9/14 - Navy
9/21 - Wagner
9/28 - James Madison*
10/5 - Maine*
10/12 - Albany*
10/19 - Bye
10/26 - Rhode Island*
11/2 - Towson*
11/9 - William & Mary*
11/16 - Richmond*
11/23 - Villanova*

Lehigh Football Nation
December 18th, 2012, 12:28 PM
A question as I now start the process of compiling all the 2013 schedules for CSJ.

The only differences in teams/conferences thus far:

* Albany and Stony Brook to the CAA
* Incarnate Word and Abeline Christian are transitioning D-I Independents (to join, with Houston Baptist, the Southland Conference in football in 2014)

Anything else I might be missing?

melloware13
December 18th, 2012, 12:37 PM
A question as I now start the process of compiling all the 2013 schedules for CSJ.

The only differences in teams/conferences thus far:

* Albany and Stony Brook to the CAA
* Incarnate Word and Abeline Christian are transitioning D-I Independents (to join, with Houston Baptist, the Southland Conference in football in 2014)

Anything else I might be missing?

ODU from CAA to Independent, Charlotte to Independent, Ga State to Sun Belt

Lehigh Football Nation
December 18th, 2012, 12:59 PM
ODU from CAA to Independent, Charlotte to Independent, Ga State to Sun Belt

Not to mention removing the WAC... and who knows about the rest of the FBS conferences... or what they'll be called! xlolx

DFW HOYA
December 18th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Stetson and Mercer to the Pioneer

UAalum72
December 18th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Albany releases its CAA schedule http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205830348&DB_OEM_ID=15800
UALBANY FOOTBALL 2013 CAA SCHEDULE
Sept. 14 Home vs. Rhode Island
Oct. 5 Away at James Madison
Oct. 12 Away at Delaware
Oct. 19 Home vs. Towson
Nov. 2 Away at Richmond
Nov. 9 Home vs. Maine
Nov. 16 Home vs. New Hampshire
Nov. 23 Away at Stony Brook

The story says the URI game on 9/14 wlll the home and stadium opener, but we'd thought the season would start with CCSU, then on the road to Colgate 9/7

Lehigh Football Nation
December 18th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Stetson and Mercer to the Pioneer

Yes! I knew I was forgetting something! Thanks.

Is the PFL going to break into divisions?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 18th, 2012, 03:55 PM

9/7 Central Conn St.
9/14 @ Monmouth
9/21 @ Princeton
9/28 New Hampshire
10/5 @ Fordham
10/12 @ Columbia
10/19 Georgetown
10/26 @ Bucknell
11/2 Bye
11/9 Holy Cross
11/16 @ Colgate
11/23 Lafayette #149

Ater combing over the 2-deep, 8-3 definitely seems possible. A 2-1 record during the @ Princeton, UNH, @ Fordham stretch could pave the way for a very successful season.

OldKat95
December 18th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Sept. 7, Western Oregon;
Sept. 14, at Toledo;
Sept. 21, Open;
Oct. 5, Weber State*;
Oct. 19, Southern Utah*;
Oct. 26, at Montana*;
Nov. 2, at Idaho State*;
Nov. 9, Montana State*;
Nov. 16, at Cal Poly*;
Nov. 23 Portland State*

Looking forward to that game on 9/28 - ought to be a GOOOD one!

Lehigh Football Nation
December 18th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Is Charlotte considered an FCS team this coming year, like South Alabama was when they were starting a program and headed to FBS? I think the answer is yes, but I wanted to be sure.

Georgia State I'm nearly 100% sure is direct to FBS, the same way UMass did it.

Griz_are_Beta_AF
December 18th, 2012, 06:10 PM
That is so weird playing conference mates as an OOC game. I'm not sure if that's a benefit or not.

Usually they were scheduled before the additions to the conference. So this could be part of a home & home or something.

danefan
December 18th, 2012, 08:13 PM
With an 11-team CAA and keeping a 8-game conference schedule, I assume the CAA is using the old BigTen model.

Each team is assigned 2 "rivals" which would be played every year, and you would skip a pair opponents from the remaining 8 teams for a 2-year period.

Richmond
Rivals - W&M, JMU (?)
Skipped - UNH, 'Nova

Delaware
Rivals - 'Nova, Towson (?)
Skipped - UNH, SBU

New Hampshire
Rivals - Maine, (?)
Skipped - Richmond, Delaware

Albany
Rivals - Stony Brook
Skipped - Villanova, W&M

I don't know if you'll get two rivals but the last week is clearly rivalry week in the CAA.

Nova-Delaware
Richmond-W&M
Albany-SBU

I wouldn't be surprised to see Maine-UNH and JMU-Towson. I think URI is the odd man out of rivalry week this year.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 18th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Welp, I see now ODU is considered an FCS Independent for 2013.

danefan
December 18th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Welp, I see now ODU is considered an FCS Independent for 2013.

Neither playoff nor bowl eligible.

dgtw
December 18th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Is Charlotte considered an FCS team this coming year, like South Alabama was when they were starting a program and headed to FBS? I think the answer is yes, but I wanted to be sure.

Georgia State I'm nearly 100% sure is direct to FBS, the same way UMass did it.

Alabama is playing Georgia State and Chattanooga next year, so State would have to be FBS.

danefan
December 18th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Alabama is playing Georgia State and Chattanooga next year, so State would have to be FBS.

Not necessarily. Alabama probably just assumes they aren't going to need an extra game to be bowl eligible.

aceinthehole
December 19th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Albany
Rivals - Stony Brook
Skipped - Villanova, W&M

I don't know if you'll get two rivals but the last week is clearly rivalry week in the CAA.

Nova-Delaware
Richmond-W&M
Albany-SBU

I wouldn't be surprised to see Maine-UNH and JMU-Towson. I think URI is the odd man out of rivalry week this year.

Nice schedule for UA. Looks like the last game is your "primary rival"

I say each team gets 2 "rivals" because it keeps scheduling neat in pairs - one pair you play every year and then you rotate missing the other pairs for a 2 year period.

Assuming there was no additional membership changes, it would take just 8 years to cycle through the schedule. For example, in that period Albany would have played SBU and its other "rival" 8 times (4 home/4 away). You would have played the remaining 8 teams 6 times each (3 home/ 3 away).

After just 4 years, you would have hosted and visited every team in the league. It is a pretty balanced way to do thing (again, assuming no more membership changes are made).

iBOsbu
December 19th, 2012, 09:34 AM
UNH Wildcats 2013

2013 UNH FOOTBALL SCHEDULE (all games Saturdays); (caps/bold = home); (* = CAA game)

Sept. 7 at Central Michigan (TBA)
Sept. 14 COLGATE (12 p.m. | Family Weekend)
Sept. 21 OPEN
Sept. 28 at Lehigh (TBA)
Oct. 5 at Towson* (TBA)
Oct. 12 RHODE ISLAND* (12 p.m. | Homecoming)
Oct. 19 VILLANOVA* (12 p.m.)
Oct. 26 at Stony Brook* (TBA)
Nov. 2 at William & Mary* (TBA)
Nov. 9 JAMES MADISON* (12 p.m.)
Nov. 16 at Albany* (TBA)
Nov. 23 MAINE* (12 p.m. | Senior Day)

Lehigh Football Nation
December 19th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Just an update: These are coming along. Hope to have something up on the CSJ site by the end of this week!

bluehenbillk
December 19th, 2012, 09:37 AM
UNH Wildcats 2013

2013 UNH FOOTBALL SCHEDULE (all games Saturdays); (caps/bold = home); (* = CAA game)

Sept. 7 at Central Michigan (TBA)
Sept. 14 COLGATE (12 p.m. | Family Weekend)
Sept. 21 OPEN
Sept. 28 at Lehigh (TBA)
Oct. 5 at Towson* (TBA)
Oct. 12 RHODE ISLAND* (12 p.m. | Homecoming)
Oct. 19 VILLANOVA* (12 p.m.)
Oct. 26 at Stony Brook* (TBA)
Nov. 2 at William & Mary* (TBA)
Nov. 9 JAMES MADISON* (12 p.m.)
Nov. 16 at Albany* (TBA)
Nov. 23 MAINE* (12 p.m. | Senior Day)

Only 11 games???

iBOsbu
December 19th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Only 11 games???

It seems like it.. they had two open days 8/31 and 9/21. They could have scheduled another one.

I hope Stony Brook has full 12 games schedule.

UAalum72
December 19th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Pioneer League conference schedule (http://pioneer-football.org/news/archives/2012/831/pioneer-football-league-releases-2013-conference-schedule/)

Campbell U. 2013 schedule (http://gocamels.com/sports/fball/2013-14/schedule)

WeAreNorthDakota
December 19th, 2012, 12:19 PM

I'm guessing you'll see it quite often with the unbalanced Big Sky schedule. UND scheduled Portland State OOC last minute when UCA bought out their return trip this year. It'll be a lot easier to schedule FCS OOC games with fellow conference members than to convince eastern teams to make the trip out west. And then there's the fulfillment of home-and-homes. UND will play Montana OOC in 2013 as the 2nd half of a home-and-home.

bojeta
December 19th, 2012, 12:31 PM
I'm guessing you'll see it quite often with the unbalanced Big Sky schedule. UND scheduled Portland State OOC last minute when UCA bought out their return trip this year. It'll be a lot easier to schedule FCS OOC games with fellow conference members than to convince eastern teams to make the trip out west. And then there's the fulfillment of home-and-homes. UND will play Montana OOC in 2013 as the 2nd half of a home-and-home.

And FAR more desirable than any DII game!!!

blackbeard
December 19th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Tentative 2013 NEC non-conf schedules:

Bryant – at Maine, vs. Brown
CCSU – at Albany, (9/7) at Lehigh, vs. Holy Cross, at James Madison, at Rhode Island
Duquesne –
Monmouth – vs. Lehigh, vs. Cornell, at Columbia
Robert Morris – at Eastern Kentucky, vs. Morgan State, (9/28) at VMI
Sacred Heart - at Columbia, at Bucknell
Saint Francis – (9/7) at Georgia Southern, at James Madison
Wagner - at Cornell, at Holy Cross, at Delaware

----
12-game schedule is allowed
7-game NEC schedule
up to 5 non-conference opponents

Ace - I'm hearing Bucknell, Lafayette, Delaware State, and Marist as OOC games for SHU. Not sure about Home/Away for any, or about your mention of Columbia for 2013.

UAalum72
December 19th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Ace - I'm hearing Bucknell, Lafayette, Delaware State, and Marist as OOC games for SHU. Not sure about Home/Away for any, or about your mention of Columbia for 2011.Ivy League future schedules show the two games vs. Monmouth, and the Bryant game, but not SHU. But this list is almost a year old.
http://www.ivyleaguesports.com/sports/fball/2012-13/media_guide/12fbguide-Intro.pdf (page 2)

woffordgrad94
December 20th, 2012, 05:46 AM

Shame on Alabama for that weak non-conference schedule.

bluehenbillk
December 20th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Shame on Alabama for that weak non-conference schedule.

That's embarassing! Was Savannah State not available?

nwFL Griz
December 20th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Gardner-Webb (pieced together from other released schedules/announced games)

Aug 31 Furman
Sept. 7 at Marshall
Sept. 14 Richmond
Sept. 21 at Wofford
Sept. 28 Point University
Oct. 5 at Charlotte
Oct. 12 Bye
Oct. 19 at Presbyterian
Oct. 26 at VMI
Nov. 2 Warner
Nov. 9 at Coastal Carolina
Nov. 16 Charleston Southern
Nov. 23 Liberty

kdinva
December 20th, 2012, 03:24 PM

Aug 31 Furman
Sept. 7 at Marshall
Sept. 14 Richmond
Sept. 21 at Wofford
Oct. 5 at Charlotte
Oct. 12 Bye
Oct. 19 at Presbyterian
Oct. 26 at VMI
Nov. 2 Warner
Nov. 23 Liberty

There IS a Point Univ............in Georgia.........NAIA/NCCAA.......they also play at Presby.......

http://point.edu/s/310/athletics/index.aspx?sid=310&gid=1&pgid=1560&2574season_id=1012

Warner is in Fla...........NAIA also..........

http://www.warnerroyals.com/schedule.aspx?path=football&schedule=111&

citdog
December 20th, 2012, 03:54 PM

Aug 31 Furman
Sept. 7 at Marshall
Sept. 14 Richmond
Sept. 21 at Wofford
Oct. 5 at Charlotte
Oct. 12 Bye
Oct. 19 at Presbyterian
Oct. 26 at VMI
Nov. 2 Warner
Nov. 23 Liberty

So Gardner-Webb reversed UNI'd themselves. Better not google reverse UNI though.

g-webb1994
December 20th, 2012, 06:09 PM
There IS a Point Univ............in Georgia.........NAIA/NCCAA.......they also play at Presby.......

http://point.edu/s/310/athletics/index.aspx?sid=310&gid=1&pgid=1560&2574season_id=1012

Beyond pathetic. I don't know what is more embarrassing, Dickerson scheduling these games to pad his win total, or our AD who apparently approved the games.xpissedx

bjtheflamesfan
December 20th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Anybody putting up the Matrix site with all the conference schedules for 2013?

Lehigh Football Nation
December 21st, 2012, 09:24 AM
Anybody putting up the Matrix site with all the conference schedules for 2013?

Oh yes. I'm still working on getting everything up there!

Lehigh Football Nation
December 21st, 2012, 09:57 AM

I look at this schedule and all I see are two more friggin' school logos I need to look up... xsmhx

centraljerseycat
December 21st, 2012, 11:16 AM
Delaware fans should NEVER make fun of another school's non-conference schedule....

Lehigh Football Nation
December 22nd, 2012, 11:57 PM
I think almost all the announced schedules are "in the system" now. I think they might be up on the site in the next 24 hours. Fingers crossed!

Includes Towson, which just announced today, incidentally.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 23rd, 2012, 04:10 PM
Here come the 2013 Block schedules!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?126679-CSJ-2013-Block-Schedules!

kdinva
December 31st, 2012, 06:40 PM
James Madison (11 games):

http://www.jmusports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=71029&SPID=8113&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205842160&DB_OEM_ID=14400

aceinthehole
January 2nd, 2013, 09:13 AM
James Madison (11 games):

http://www.jmusports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=71029&SPID=8113&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205842160&DB_OEM_ID=14400

4 of JMU's 6 home games are against current or former NEC teams (CCSU, SFPA, Albany, SBU) :)

kdinva
January 8th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Idaho St.

http://isubengals.com/sports/2013/1/7/FB_0107131342.aspx?path=football

Tribe4SF
January 8th, 2013, 12:27 PM
W&M finalized.

Sat, Aug 31 at West Virginia at Morgantown, W.Va. TBA

Sat, Sep 07 Hampton Williamsburg, Va. TBA

Sat, Sep 14 at Lafayette at Easton, Pa. TBA

Sat, Sep 21 Rhode Island (Family Weekend) * Williamsburg, Va. TBA

Sat, Sep 28 Bye

Sat, Oct 05 at Villanova * at Villanova, Pa. TBA

Sat, Oct 12 Penn Williamsburg, Va. TBA

Sat, Oct 19 at Maine * at Orono, Maine TBA

Sat, Oct 26 James Madison (Homecoming) * Williamsburg, Va. TBA

Sat, Nov 02 New Hampshire * Williamsburg, Va. TBA

Sat, Nov 09 at Delaware * at Newark, Del. TBA

Sat, Nov 16 Towson * Williamsburg, Va. TBA

Sat, Nov 23 at Richmond * at Richmond, Va. TBA

kdinva
January 10th, 2013, 08:28 AM
El Cid:

http://www.citadelsports.com/sports/fball/2013-14/schedule

Lehigh Football Nation
January 10th, 2013, 09:09 AM
El Cid:

http://www.citadelsports.com/sports/fball/2013-14/schedule

Discrepancy: Samford is supposed to be playing Arkansas on 9/7.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-13/sec/2013-arkansas-razorbacks-football-schedule.php

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=205715258

kdinva
January 10th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Discrepancy: Samford is supposed to be playing Arkansas on 9/7.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-13/sec/2013-arkansas-razorbacks-football-schedule.php

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=205715258

it's Citadel v. Wofford on 9/7.......

Lehigh Football Nation
January 10th, 2013, 09:13 AM
it's Citadel v. Wofford on 9/7.......

D'OH! Adding!

kdinva
January 11th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Norfolk St.:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4555857

kdinva
January 17th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Rhode Island...............12 games no open weekends.....

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4557540

Lehigh Football Nation
January 17th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Rhode Island...............12 games no open weekends.....

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4557540

I just want to say I love it when I get 9 out of 9 games right! :D

DFW HOYA
January 17th, 2013, 11:04 PM
I just want to say I love it when I get 9 out of 9 games right! :D

Any guess on Georgetown's three open games? Wagner and which other two?

Lehigh Football Nation
January 18th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Any guess on Georgetown's three open games? Wagner and which other two?

My guess would be Marist and Sacred Heart. Marist has 8/31 and 9/14 open on their schedule thus far and that jibes with Georgetown. SHU is the only school in my system where I don't have at least one game. I'm fairly sure at least one PL school has SHU on it and maybe two or three.

aceinthehole
January 18th, 2013, 09:09 AM
I think Bucknell is one Sacred Heart's non-conf games.

DFW HOYA
January 18th, 2013, 09:12 AM
My guess would be Marist and Sacred Heart. Marist has 8/31 and 9/14 open on their schedule thus far and that jibes with Georgetown.

That's a weak pair of opponents, but Kelly 1) isn't going to be aggressive about scheduling given his 22-54 record and the prospect of diminishing returns in the PL without scholarships, and 2) it's difficult to get opponents to play at Georgetown given the declining state of its facilities. This will be year nine of temporary stands built to last 18 months, and the turf has reached the end of its useful life, with field usage from 14-16 hours a day.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 18th, 2013, 09:16 AM
That's a weak pair of opponents, but Kelly 1) isn't going to be aggressive about scheduling given his 22-54 record and the prospect of diminishing returns in the PL without scholarships, and 2) it's difficult to get opponents to play at Georgetown given the declining state of its facilities. This will be year nine of temporary stands built to last 18 months, and the turf has reached the end of its useful life, with field usage from 14-16 hours a day.

Is Georgetown planning on replacing it for next season?

citdog
January 18th, 2013, 09:24 AM

georgetown should really be thrown out of the subdivision. 61,000 dollars a year for EVERY STUDENT IN TUITION and TEMPORARY BLEACHERS? bad turf?

a ****ing disgrace