PDA

View Full Version : ESPN radio guy takes shots at I-AA

Mr. C
August 2nd, 2006, 03:22 PM
I don't know if anyone else heard this on Wednesday morning, but while listening to ESPN Radio on XM this morning, I heard John Kincaid bashing on Bobby Bowden, saying that he really doesn't hold the record for most coaching victories, because some of his wins were at I-AA Samford (which probably wasn't even I-AA when Bowden was there many moons ago, mistake No. 1). He said Joe Paterno's record is more important than Bowden's, because Paterno won all of his games at Penn State, not lowly Samford.

Later on, Kincaid started in on the NCAA ban/boycott for postseason events in South Carolina (the flag controversy) and how it was hurting athletes in South Carolina, including schools like Furman. I guess this guy didn't know that Furman hosted a first-round playoff game against Nicholls State last fall. So much for the Paladins being hurt by the boycott.

And that was just listening to this clown for about 20 or 30 minutes.

DaGriz
August 2nd, 2006, 03:31 PM

I didn't hear the part you are referencing because 20-30 minutes is about all I could handle too. I was thinking to myself Colin Cowherd must be losing listeners because of this jackass. He was terrible.

goasu984Life
August 2nd, 2006, 03:33 PM
ESPN doesn't get it. What do you expect from them?

Mr. C
August 2nd, 2006, 03:55 PM
I didn't hear the part you are referencing because 20-30 minutes is about all I could handle too. I was thinking to myself Colin Cowherd must be losing listeners because of this jackass. He was terrible.
I'm not much of a Colin Cowherd fan either. Can't stand his rants and raves. I usually listen to Mike Patrick, Buck Martinez and Orestes Destrade in the morning, talking about baseball. They are a lot more fun.

AppGuy04
August 2nd, 2006, 04:13 PM
Most listeners don't know the difference

GeauxColonels
August 2nd, 2006, 04:15 PM
I don't know if anyone else heard this on Wednesday morning, but while listening to ESPN Radio on XM this morning, I heard John Kincaid bashing on Bobby Bowden, saying that he really doesn't hold the record for most coaching victories, because some of his wins were at I-AA Samford (which probably wasn't even I-AA when Bowden was there many moons ago, mistake No. 1). He said Joe Paterno's record is more important than Bowden's, because Paterno won all of his games at Penn State, not lowly Samford.

Later on, Kincaid started in on the NCAA ban/boycott for postseason events in South Carolina (the flag controversy) and how it was hurting athletes in South Carolina, including schools like Furman. I guess this guy didn't know that Furman hosted a first-round playoff game against Nicholls State last fall. So much for the Paladins being hurt by the boycott.

And THAT, ladies and gentlmen (oh yeah, and Cap'n Cat) is why he is on ESPN radio and NOT SportsCenter.

rokamortis
August 2nd, 2006, 04:25 PM

I think he may have meant it is currently hurting Furman for other sports - like the cross country championship they held for 20+ years that they had to stop due to the boycott.

August 2nd, 2006, 04:26 PM
sportscenter is no better (if it's even still on the air)

Cap'n Cat
August 2nd, 2006, 04:29 PM
And THAT, ladies and gentlmen (oh yeah, and Cap'n Cat) is why he is on ESPN radio and NOT SportsCenter.

Hey!!!!

:p :p :p

ErkPeterson
August 2nd, 2006, 04:30 PM
Does anyone remeber about 5 yrs ago when Kincaid tried to railroad Stuart Scott live on the air about his apparent "affection" for Michael Jordan? He accused him of sucking up etc. He was way out of line. Scott & Jordan went to UNC together and have been friends since the early days. Stuart jumped all over him (rightfully). I was listening to it live and was screaming for him to punch him. Kincaid is classless fool. He has no business at all dealing with sports on any level.

GeauxColonels
August 2nd, 2006, 04:42 PM
sportscenter is no better (if it's even still on the air)
Just goes to show you how bad Kinkaid is huh?!

JDC325
August 2nd, 2006, 05:03 PM

Consider yourself lucky. That cynical idiot clown has a local show here in the ATL we have to listen to him for several hours. I can not count how many times he has berated GSU and called all of 1-AA highschool football. As far as he is concerened GSU or 1-AA should not even be mentioned on the air. I cant wait until that stuck up yankee a hole leaves town. If you want to send him an email he works for 680 AM "The Fan" radio station here in Atlanta. Just another local radio sports talk loser who thinks a LOCAL radio show should be a recap of ESPN than actually talking about the sports teams in their own state. His cohort Buck who played for UGA actually is the only one who gives GSU any time or props and thats usually when that dork Kincaid chimes in with his ignorant highschool football comments. This guy's head is probably has its own atmosphere now that he has an XM radio show. I hope he goes XM full time and he leaves our state that he obviously has contempt for. I know this is a little angry not to be in smack talk but trust me the crap that has come out of his mouth about GSU and all of 1-AA would make most on here just as mad if not more.

August 2nd, 2006, 05:19 PM
... I heard John Kincaid bashing on Bobby Bowden, saying that he really doesn't hold the record for most coaching victories, because some of his wins were at I-AA Samford (which probably wasn't even I-AA when Bowden was there many moons ago, mistake No. 1)...probably doesn't even know that Paterno and Bowden are eons behind John Gagliardi...

Samford Football Classifications (NCAA started classification in 1937):
1937-1971 N/A
1972-1972 NCAA College Division (Small College)
1973-1973 NCAA Division III
1974-1984 N/A
1985-1988 NCAA Division III
1989-20XX NCAA Division I-AA

No Team: 1904, 1942, 1946-1947, 1974-1983

Bowden coached there from 1959-1962, 4 years. No I-AA ties whatsoever.

HensRock
August 2nd, 2006, 05:42 PM
probably doesn't even know that Paterno and Bowden are eons behind John Gagliardi...

...or that JoePa actually played for a (now) I-AA team.

BEAR
August 2nd, 2006, 06:00 PM
Does anyone remeber about 5 yrs ago when Kincaid tried to railroad Stuart Scott live on the air about his apparent "affection" for Michael Jordan? He accused him of sucking up etc. He was way out of line. Scott & Jordan went to UNC together and have been friends since the early days. Stuart jumped all over him (rightfully). I was listening to it live and was screaming for him to punch him. Kincaid is classless fool. He has no business at all dealing with sports on any level.

Yeah...and Scottie Pippen and I are close buddies even though he attended UCA 4 years before I did! No really, we hung out together and even had parties at Mike's house after he went pro! I have his phone number-555-0033 or 1-800-"thisloserdoesn'tknowmynumber". :smiley_wi xidiotx what a wacko!

WUTNDITWAA
August 2nd, 2006, 08:07 PM
Two words about morning sports shows.

Steve Czaban. FOX Sports kicks ESPN's tail.
:asswhip:

PMB4Life
August 2nd, 2006, 08:39 PM
I cant wait until that stuck up yankee a hole leaves town.

hey, don't lump the rest of us Northerners in with this stupid Martian.

Mr. C
August 2nd, 2006, 10:07 PM
I can't stand most of the guys on SportsCenter (particularly Stuart Scott) either. They think they are the show, instead of the game.

Mr. C
August 2nd, 2006, 10:10 PM
I think he may have meant it is currently hurting Furman for other sports - like the cross country championship they held for 20+ years that they had to stop due to the boycott.
As big an idiot as Kincaid is, he probably has no idea that Furman even has a cross country team.

Mr. C
August 2nd, 2006, 10:56 PM
Obviously SDBison, you are new around here. You will learn all of the intricacies of the complex Captain Cat if you hang around here very long. Welcome aboard.

Yes, Bowden and Paterno are both great coaches. Winning 300 games, even if you are talking PeeWee football, is impressive.

Griswold
August 2nd, 2006, 11:15 PM
Two words about morning sports shows.

Steve Czaban. FOX Sports kicks ESPN's tail.
:asswhip:

:nod:

GSUhooligan
August 3rd, 2006, 07:58 AM
Consider yourself lucky. That cynical idiot clown has a local show here in the ATL we have to listen to him for several hours. I can not count how many times he has berated GSU and called all of 1-AA highschool football. As far as he is concerened GSU or 1-AA should not even be mentioned on the air. I cant wait until that stuck up yankee a hole leaves town. If you want to send him an email he works for 680 AM "The Fan" radio station here in Atlanta. Just another local radio sports talk loser who thinks a LOCAL radio show should be a recap of ESPN than actually talking about the sports teams in their own state. His cohort Buck who played for UGA actually is the only one who gives GSU any time or props and thats usually when that dork Kincaid chimes in with his ignorant highschool football comments. This guy's head is probably has its own atmosphere now that he has an XM radio show. I hope he goes XM full time and he leaves our state that he obviously has contempt for. I know this is a little angry not to be in smack talk but trust me the crap that has come out of his mouth about GSU and all of 1-AA would make most on here just as mad if not more.

Even though he's from Pennsylvania, he loves to rave on about UGa. When Coach VG announced that he was coming here, Kincaid went on a rant about how he is commiting career suicide and how the IRS must be after him and he needs to hide. I hope he dies in a burning car accident.:hurray: :hurray:

GoGuins
August 3rd, 2006, 08:30 AM
I was thinking to myself Colin Cowherd must be losing listeners because of this jackass. He was terrible.

I think Cowherd is a jacka$$, I prefer Rome myself

atlGAmocs
August 3rd, 2006, 12:18 PM
Even though he's from Pennsylvania, he loves to rave on about UGa. When Coach VG announced that he was coming here, Kincaid went on a rant about how he is commiting career suicide and how the IRS must be after him and he needs to hide. I hope he dies in a burning car accident.:hurray: :hurray:

Kincaid is a jack a**, he is a Temple grad who is embarrased to talk about college football. Although from his show you might think he went to UGA as much as he sucks up to the Bulldogs and his co-host Buck Ballou.

Mr. C
August 3rd, 2006, 12:25 PM
I think Cowherd is a jacka$$, I prefer Rome myself
Rome and I used to cover UC-Santa Barbara basketball together. He is a little smart-alecky twerp. I always got along with him fine, but he is kind of an annoying personality (on and off the air).

jstate83
August 3rd, 2006, 12:29 PM

At this moment.......Only CHAMPIONSHIP's are banned by the NCAA.

Ole Miss hosted Miami in a Regional Baseball Series this past spring.
Mississippi State and USM has done the same in the past.

Neither school can host a CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES.

Schools can host non-championship playoff rounds.

Ivytalk
August 3rd, 2006, 12:34 PM
My wife and I were subject to Kincaid's rants "live" one morning when he broadcast from the concierge suite of the Tampa hotel we were staying in during BB spring training. He was doing his Atlanta sports radio schtick and was ripping the NY Yankees and NY fans in general. Of course, his beloved Braves have laid a big fat t*rd this year and have no shot at the NL East. What a bozo.xidiotx xidiotx

Mr. C
August 3rd, 2006, 12:48 PM
At this moment.......Only CHAMPIONSHIP's are banned by the NCAA.

Ole Miss hosted Miami in a Regional Baseball Series this past spring.
Mississippi State and USM has done the same in the past.

Neither school can host a CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES.

Schools can host non-championship playoff rounds.
The whole boycott thing is ridiculous. Just more PC crap from the NCAA. Postseason is postseason, whether it be a first-round matchup, or the final. The NCAA can't even handle its own junk, let alone getting into the politics of Confederate Flags (or the Southern Swastika, as I like to call it) and the NAACP.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 3rd, 2006, 01:39 PM
Rome and I used to cover UC-Santa Barbara basketball together. He is a little smart-alecky twerp. I always got along with him fine, but he is kind of an annoying personality (on and off the air).

I wish Jim Everett laid a better shot on Rome when he had a chance. Unfortunately, once that happened his "fame" was guaranteed.

You can't imagine the smile I had seeing him described as a "smart-alecky twerp." :thumbsup: