PDA

View Full Version : Finally - PL Preview #2 Lafayette Up

colgate13
August 2nd, 2006, 02:33 PM
On The 13 Yard Line (http://colgate13.blogspot.com).

Fordham
August 2nd, 2006, 02:42 PM
I can't wait to see who you pick to win it this year!

colgate13
August 2nd, 2006, 02:52 PM
I can't wait to see who you pick to win it this year!

Towson.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 2nd, 2006, 02:53 PM
Towson.

TOWSON WILL WIN IT ALL YES YES YES!!!!

Pard4Life
August 2nd, 2006, 03:01 PM
Apparently, we have a new field goal kicker this year.. senior Rick Sizka... I hope he is as good as that ol' Ziska and can hit 55+ yards :rotateh:

Outside of that, it is a very good and accurate assesment. About Sacred Heart, I don't think it is due to stadium issues. As you said, we were at Marist last year.. and in 2007 or 2008 we are starting at Monmouth. We are making more of an effort than other PLs to play at mid-majors, much to ace's delight likely...

The linebacker and corners are the greatest concern and we have often discussed this during the offseason. Many of PL recievers are tall and Lawson and Clecidor are about 5-10, 5-9... not very tall at all.. so they must have a respectable vertical to play there. The LBs should play really well but things happen....

Also, I would mention the punting situation.. which was often abysmal and very inconsistent... I think we even brought in an ex-football player and baseball team player Kevin Reese to kick points/punts it got so inconsistent. Yankovich should play better.. but things happen...

And yeah.. I would call 2005 'straight to video sequel' but look for 2006 to be a surprising blockbuster... i.e. Pirates of the Caribean 2003 :nod:

Pard4Life
August 2nd, 2006, 03:02 PM

:rolleyes:

cosmo here
August 2nd, 2006, 03:04 PM
Apparently, we have a new field goal kicker this year.. senior Rick Sizka... I hope he is as good as that ol' Ziska and can hit 55+ yards :rotateh:

Also, I would mention the punting situation.. which was often abysmal and very inconsistent... I think we even brought in an ex-football player and baseball team player Kevin Reese to kick points/punts it got so inconsistent. Yankovich should play better.. but things happen...

Reese was only brought in for one game when Ziska was suspended, and handled kickoffs. Korn did the PATs and Yankovich punted. Ziska punted pretty well last year when he was called on, situationally. But Yankovich does have a huge leg.

colgate13
August 2nd, 2006, 03:13 PM

Error? What is this error that you speak of? It's not there now????

(thanks for the heads up! :) )

Ken_Z
August 2nd, 2006, 03:15 PM

does anyone know if TOWSON FAN ever re-appeared on another board (A10 or here) after Towson left the PL. for some reason i actually found his ridiculous posts for the weekly pickem entertaining. would have liked to see him continue on giving the die hard overly serious A10 fans a chance to enjoy his posting style.

Go...gate
August 2nd, 2006, 03:48 PM

TOWSON WILL WIN BIG!!!!

Where have you gone, TowsonGuy???

Go...gate
August 2nd, 2006, 03:49 PM
Lafayette has a chance to win two championships this year - Patriot and Ivy. :D