Already? Okay.

New Hampshire @ Maine
Villanova @ Georgia State
Rhode Island @ Delaware
James Madison @ Richmond
Old Dominion @ Towson

I-16Bandit
October 14th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Are you putting Georgia State at the bottom because they aren't eligible for the conference? Or because you forgot that they, dare I say, manhandled URI?

Tribal
October 14th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Are you putting Georgia State at the bottom because they aren't eligible for the conference? Or because you forgot that they, dare I say, manhandled URI?

ODU isn't eligible for the CAA championship, either.

kdinva
October 14th, 2012, 09:23 PM
New Hampshire 38 @ Maine 20
Villanova 33 @ Georgia State 23
Rhode Island 8 @ Delaware 37
James Madison 27 @ Richmond 17
Old Dominion 22 @ Towson 28

BlueHenSinfonian
October 14th, 2012, 09:39 PM

That's the way the CAA has the official standings listed GA State is listed as being ineligible for the CAA title and post-season play (not that it really matters) while ODU is listed as being ineligible for the CAA title only. Actually, a few others are reversed, the official CAA standings (at least according to the site) are:

JMU
UNH
'Nova
ODU
Towson
Richmond
Delaware
Maine
W&M
URI
GA State

New Hampshire @ Maine
Rhode Island @ Delaware
James Madison @ Richmond
Old Dominion @ Towson

HailSzczur
October 14th, 2012, 10:37 PM
New Hampshire @ Maine in a close one
Villanova @ Georgia State calling it now, the cats will have a hangover from ODU. I would not be surprised to go into the half tied. A lot of traveling, coming off a huge win, and a young team makes me think we could stumble out of the gate. Thank goodness we are a good second half team. 3 TD win when all's said and done
Rhode Island @ Delaware It's URI, need I say more?
James Madison @ Richmond Upset alert. Going to be a close one
Old Dominion @ Towson. Only if ODU's defense can get their act together though

I-16Bandit
October 14th, 2012, 11:06 PM

You make a valid point.

I'm all for throwing Georgia State into the cellar, so party on!

Longhorn
October 15th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Villanova @ Georgia State calling it now, the cats will have a hangover from ODU. I would not be surprised to go into the half tied. A lot of traveling, coming off a huge win, and a young team makes me think we could stumble out of the gate. Thank goodness we are a good second half team. 3 TD win when all's said and done

Thanks for picking against JMU (as per your usual MO). That should cement an important victory for the Dukes. xpeacex

PS..what world do you live in where anyone could possibly think ODU's D will show up? Towson is ODU's kyrpnonite...the Tigers have a GREAT D, and they can run the ball and control the clock. TU in a cakewalk.

JmuSkinsfan
October 15th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Isn't Richmond's QB down for the season now? Richmond is certainly a surprise team this year ... but I imagine that would hurt their chances? JMU should come out firing on all fronts after two squeakers at home and rep. their top 3 ranking well. That said, aside from last couple years, JMU has struggled with Richmond

tribefan40
October 15th, 2012, 08:32 AM
New Hampshire 49 @ Maine 35 - UNH keeps rolling.
Villanova 35 @ Georgia State 17 - Cats hitting their stride, get a little closer to a playoff spot.
Rhode Island 10 @ Delaware 21 - URI stinks.
James Madison 35 @ Richmond 10 - JMU comes off an emotinal victory and lives up to their top ranking.
Old Dominion 17 @ Towson 21 - Low scoring, Towson controls the clock and wins it late.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 15th, 2012, 08:39 AM
We haven't "struggled" with Richmond. Sure there were recent years where the visiting team always won, but those were tightly contested battles regardless of who won. In fact, aside from the early years where Richmond dominated, then JMU dominated, the teams have seemed to play very close games every year and this is one of the reasons many JMU fans who are from the 90s consider the Spiders JMU's biggest rival.

ccd494
October 15th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Can we discuss how Maine and UNH somehow lost their end of the season rivalry game against each other? Is the conference schedule going to normalize to the point where that comes back? That game is meant to be played with 3 feet of snow on the ground.

WrenFGun
October 15th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Can we discuss how Maine and UNH somehow lost their end of the season rivalry game against each other? Is the conference schedule going to normalize to the point where that comes back? That game is meant to be played with 3 feet of snow on the ground.

+1. Not that Towson at home isn't a good game to close with, but Maine/UNH should end every season.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 15th, 2012, 09:58 AM

The other oddity is that it has only been the at Maine games that haven't been on the last Saturday of the regular season (this year and two years ago). xconfusedx xconfusedx

Has Maine played the same opponent on those two last Saturdays? UNH will have Towson in Durham for the season ending game the two years we should have been in Orono.

Albany-Stony Brook will immediately become a natural rivalry game for the last weekend along with Maine-UNH, Delaware-Villanova and Richmond-William & Mary. Will JMU-Towson return to the last weekend? That makes more sense than either school playing URI.

Tribal
October 15th, 2012, 03:49 PM
W&M has always played UR for the last game and I like that. Even when both teams have been down, it made for a must-see game. It is, after all, the longest rivalry in the south.

jmufan
October 15th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Isn't Richmond's QB down for the season now? Richmond is certainly a surprise team this year ... but I imagine that would hurt their chances? JMU should come out firing on all fronts after two squeakers at home and rep. their top 3 ranking well. That said, aside from last couple years, JMU has struggled with Richmond

I think they also lost their RB for the season a week earlier. Could have sworn they suffered another injury beside their QB. Not sure if it was serious or not. Guess not if no one is talking about it. I wonder how Strauss is as a QB?

lknspider
October 15th, 2012, 06:23 PM
We haven't "struggled" with Richmond. Sure there were recent years where the visiting team always won, but those were tightly contested battles regardless of who won. In fact, aside from the early years where Richmond dominated, then JMU dominated, the teams have seemed to play very close games every year and this is one of the reasons many JMU fans who are from the 90s consider the Spiders JMU's biggest rival.

The readers can decide if JMU has struggled with Richmond Spiders: UR leads the overall series 16 to 13, since year 2000 UR has 7 wins to JMU's 5, the last six years UR has 3 wins and JMU has three wins.

paward
October 15th, 2012, 07:37 PM
The readers can decide if JMU has struggled with Richmond Spiders: UR leads the overall series 16 to 13, since year 2000 UR has 7 wins to JMU's 5, the last six years UR has 3 wins and JMU has three wins.

Ding, Ding, Ding we have a winner! ^ equals struggles, lol.......both ways.

URMite
October 16th, 2012, 10:10 AM

Last year and 2006 weren't close, but the rest of the games have been close for a few years.
Since JMU fans always believe their team is much better therefore close games=struggled.

URMite
October 16th, 2012, 10:17 AM
I think they also lost their RB for the season a week earlier. Could have sworn they suffered another injury beside their QB. Not sure if it was serious or not. Guess not if no one is talking about it. I wonder how Strauss is as a QB?

Jovan Smith who played so well against UD in 2010 fought back for over a year from a neck injury but a few plays after a 45yd TD against Nova he reinjured it and is permanently medically ineligible.

Strauss seems a better passer than Laub but less mobile. Trying to decide how that plays out. I think JMU run D may have made that point mute (There were run plays called for Laub). But did the OLine need his mobility on pass plays? Not sure.

bluehenbillk
October 17th, 2012, 12:39 PM
UNH 34 Maine 17- UNH seems to be rolling offensively lately
VU 37 GSU 20- Talley & Robertson keep Cats momentum
UD 27 URI 10- Ugly game of week, 3 best UD players likely to sit
JMU 31 UR 21 - Would've been good game with Laub, Dukes win
TU 28 ODU 26- I'll take Ambrose over Wilder this week

HailSzczur
October 17th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Thanks for picking against JMU (as per your usual MO). That should cement an important victory for the Dukes. xpeacex

PS..what world do you live in where anyone could possibly think ODU's D will show up? Towson is ODU's kyrpnonite...the Tigers have a GREAT D, and they can run the ball and control the clock. TU in a cakewalk.

I honestly did think so much about what kind of team Towson was, I was just thinking that ODU's defense has to show up sooner or later right? Heinicke had a rough out last weekend, but I don't think he's gonna have one very often. It will be a close game.

As far as JMU, you know me to well, I love picking against JMU. I didn't realize Laub was going to be out when I made my picks though. Given that extra advantage I'd like to think Duke's by single digits. Richmond's O-line is fantastic and should help out the backup.

ODUalum78
October 17th, 2012, 10:28 PM
UNH @ Maine 31-24 Maine is at home, but UNH has a little too much offense.

URI @ UD 3-41 URI may very well be the worst team in all of the FCS, including Savannah St.

JMU @ Richmond 24-23 This would have been a toss-up had Laub not been injured. Still; a trap game for JMU that could be an upset after a letdown from the Towson game.

Villanova @ GaSt 35-10 Back to reality for GaSt. They only win the one game this year.

ODU @ Towson 47- 38 ODU offense back on track. Certainly the ODU defense was addressed during the week ? ....uhh sure.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 19th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Maine upsets UNH
Delaware over Rhody by a couple touchdowns
Villanova over Ga State but closer than people expect.
Towson controls the clock and beats ODU.

jmufan999
October 20th, 2012, 08:22 AM
JMU @ Richmond 24-23 This would have been a toss-up had Laub not been injured. Still; a trap game for JMU that could be an upset after a letdown from the Towson game.

Huh? We played Towson two weeks ago. Why would there be a letdown now?

JMUNJ08
October 20th, 2012, 11:30 AM
New Hampshire @ Maine
Rhode Island @ Delaware
James Madison @ Richmond
Old Dominion @ Towson

Going to be a good week in the CAA!

caribbeanhen
October 21st, 2012, 06:54 AM

nice job

ITmonarch10
October 21st, 2012, 07:03 AM

OMG hax XD

NHwildEcat
October 21st, 2012, 10:20 AM
And now, UNH sits in first place ties with Nova and a half game ahead of JUM & ODU. URI next week should help keep the dream of a CAA title alive!