Sam Houston State vs Cal Poly
Stoney Brook vs N. Hampshire winner vs 1) North Dakota State

Wofford vs 5) Tenn State
Albany vs Illinois State winner vs 4) JMU

Montana State vs Youngstown State
N. Arizona vs C. Arkansas winner vs 2) E Washington

Lehigh vs ODU
Bethune vs EKU winner vs 3) GSU

Autobids - Albany - NEC, JMU-CAA, GSU-Southern, E. Washington -Big Sky, Tenn State- OVC, NDSU - MVC, Lehigh- Patriot, Sam Houston State - Southland, Stony Brook - Big South, Behtune-MEAC

At Large - Mont State, ODU, Cal Poly, N. Arizona, EKU, N. Hampshire, Young State, Illinois State, C. Arkansas

This weeks bubble teams - Samford, ASU, McNeese St, South dakota State, Tenn Martin, Towson, Delaware, Villanova

DEVELOPING STORY LINES...

-Upsets in the top 5 don't clear things up
-Conference Titles are more foggy than last week???
-Still do not beieve that a 4 loss at-large team will make the field

NHwildEcat
October 14th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Looks pretty good at this point...I am beginning to believe UNH has a shot at the CAA auto-bid...but the final four games will play that out for us...with some help of course.

blueballs
October 14th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Looks pretty good at this point...I am beginning to believe UNH has a shot at the CAA auto-bid...but the final four games will play that out for us...with some help of course.

... And UNH might set a record for most points allowed by a team that makes the playoffs. Y'all are having a wild and whacky year in the CAA.

bjtheflamesfan
October 14th, 2012, 09:16 AM
I said at the beginning that the Liberty-Coastal-Stony Brook series of games would determine the autobid, and looks like that will again be the case (although CSU is starting to figure things out now that that darn losing streak is over)

Engineer86
October 14th, 2012, 09:29 AM
At larges

BSC - 3
CAA - 2
MVFC - 2
OVC - 1
SoCon - 1
SL -1

Hard to argue to much, there are a couple of teams within those conferences that I could see different, but as others said the next 4-5 weeks, some great/important games coming up.

kalm
October 14th, 2012, 09:58 AM
I think 9-2 or better #2 team from one of the power conferences would get the seed over an OVC #1

Skyhawk71
October 14th, 2012, 10:11 AM
I am an OVC guy, and I fully agree with this statement

I think 9-2 or better #2 team from one of the power conferences would get the seed over an OVC #1

Walkon79
October 14th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Not sure they would put 3 of the 4 Sky teams in the same bracket, but other than that this looks good.

Go Apps
October 14th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Not sure they would put 3 of the 4 Sky teams in the same bracket, but other than that this looks good.

hard to change with so much travel involved

WrenFGun
October 14th, 2012, 10:53 AM
I'm starting to believe that there is simply no way a 7-4 team makes the playoffs this year. There are so many teams eligible for 8-9 wins this late in the season.

What I will say is that there is absolutely, positively no way that EKU is in over South Dakota State or Villanova. Both teams should be in the playoffs, but I couldn't tell you outside of EKU who shouldn't be. 'Nova should be in over EKU given their win over ODU; SD. State is probably the first team out given quality of wins once EKU is removed.

Go Apps
October 14th, 2012, 11:13 AM
I'm starting to believe that there is simply no way a 7-4 team makes the playoffs this year. There are so many teams eligible for 8-9 wins this late in the season.

What I will say is that there is absolutely, positively no way that EKU is in over South Dakota State or Villanova. Both teams should be in the playoffs, but I couldn't tell you outside of EKU who shouldn't be. 'Nova should be in over EKU given their win over ODU; SD. State is probably the first team out given quality of wins once EKU is removed.

The committee has looked kind upon the OVC in recent years and I think they spread the wealth this year with so many teams but 7-4 teams are out just see no way around it

van
October 14th, 2012, 11:17 AM

EKU, Nova, SD State, 2 of those 3 are destined to be disappointed, maybe more if there is an AQ upset.

Go Apps
October 14th, 2012, 11:35 AM
EKU, Nova, SD State, 2 of those 3 are destined to be disappointed, maybe more if there is an AQ upset.

Nova's decisions about FBS will play heavily into the minds of the committee and they will be penalized for that

89rabbit
October 14th, 2012, 12:13 PM
FYI - South Dakota State is currently alone atop the Missouri Valley. Lot of season to play but it is good to be in 1st place. xthumbsupx

MTfan4life
October 14th, 2012, 01:15 PM
FYI - South Dakota State is currently alone atop the Missouri Valley. Lot of season to play but it is good to be in 1st place. xthumbsupx

FYI - Southeastern Louisiana is currently alone atop the Southland. Aka, three games into conference play it's not really a defining accomplishment. xcoffeex

89rabbit
October 14th, 2012, 02:40 PM
FYI - Southeastern Louisiana is currently alone atop the Southland. Aka, three games into conference play it's not really a defining accomplishment. xcoffeex

How about that SDSU has the #1 rusher in all of D-I football, and is tops in the Valley and No. 2 in the FCS in red-zone defense. We are #12 in the Gridiron Power Index and are ridding a 8 game FCS winning streak going back to last season. FYI, one of those wins came against the Southland's leader at their place - SDSU 31 SELA 14. xblehx ;) xlolx

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20121014/SPORTS0202/310140017/Jacks-rise-top-Valley?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

Jacks rise to top of Valley
SDSU efficient in 31-10 win over Western Illinois

Written by
Terry Vandrovec

BROOKINGS — The theory that South Dakota State might emerge from a bye week – its first in-season break in four years – looking like a different team did not come to fruition.

Once again, the Jacks sputtered at times on offense, primarily in the pass game. And once again it just didn’t matter.

SDSU scored in all four quarters and in all three phases, got another productive effort from Zach Zenner – the leading rusher in NCAA Division I – and rode the defense to a 31-10 victory over Western Illinois before a crowd of 10,727 at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium.

Perfect or not, the Jacks (5-1, 3-0) pushed its win streak to eight games within the Football Championship Subdivision dating back to last season and grabbed sole possession of first place in the Missouri Valley Football Conference. The squad picked to finish sixth is leading the top-ranked league in the FCS six games into the season. . . . (read more)

KATS_21
October 14th, 2012, 03:20 PM
How about that SDSU has the #1 rusher in all of D-I football, and is tops in the Valley and No. 2 in the FCS in red-zone defense. We are #12 in the Gridiron Power Index and are ridding a 8 game FCS winning streak going back to last season. FYI, one of those wins came against the Southland's leader at their place - SDSU 31 SELA 14. xblehx ;) xlolx

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20121014/SPORTS0202/310140017/Jacks-rise-top-Valley?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

Written by
Terry Vandrovec

BROOKINGS — The theory that South Dakota State might emerge from a bye week – its first in-season break in four years – looking like a different team did not come to fruition.

Once again, the Jacks sputtered at times on offense, primarily in the pass game. And once again it just didn’t matter.

SDSU scored in all four quarters and in all three phases, got another productive effort from Zach Zenner – the leading rusher in NCAA Division I – and rode the defense to a 31-10 victory over Western Illinois before a crowd of 10,727 at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium.

Perfect or not, the Jacks (5-1, 3-0) pushed its win streak to eight games within the Football Championship Subdivision dating back to last season and grabbed sole possession of first place in the Missouri Valley Football Conference. The squad picked to finish sixth is leading the top-ranked league in the FCS six games into the season. . . . (read more)

SELA is about to run thru the toughest stretch of the season, SFA, UCA and Sam Houston. They would be happy with 1-2 in that stretch.

The SLC will be represented by 2 teams this year, my guess is it will be Sam and UCA again.

HailSzczur
October 14th, 2012, 03:23 PM

Yeah, and we're looking right at you Lehigh to make sure you win out.

van
October 14th, 2012, 03:40 PM

I'll let them know you are counting on us!

Engineer86
October 14th, 2012, 03:42 PM

Well then you can pull up a weekly pins and needle seat with us. We like to keep every game close.

Bisonwinagn
October 14th, 2012, 04:19 PM

Lehigh is currently ranked 27 in the GPI. They may not get an at large bid even at 10-1 if they were to lose the autobid.

van
October 14th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Lehigh is currently ranked 27 in the GPI. They may not get an at large bid even at 10-1 if they were to lose the autobid.

LOL, you put way too much stock in GPI!

89rabbit
October 14th, 2012, 05:08 PM
SELA is about to run thru the toughest stretch of the season, SFA, UCA and Sam Houston. They would be happy with 1-2 in that stretch.

The SLC will be represented by 2 teams this year, my guess is it will be Sam and UCA again.

You are kinda missing the point this isn't really about SELA.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 14th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Only 2 from the MVFC, and Illinois State in over SDSU? Hmmm... xeyebrowx

Just glad you aren't on the selection committee.

FargoBison
October 14th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Only 2 from the MVFC, and Illinois State in over SDSU? Hmmm... xeyebrowx

Just glad you aren't on the selection committee.

He has YSU in there as well. Honestly I have no idea who I would take between SDSU, ISUR and YSU right now, it sucks ISUR and SDSU don't play. I think as it stands the FBS wins give the other two an edge.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 14th, 2012, 05:20 PM
He has YSU in there as well.

My bad, didn't see that.

In that case, YSU over SDSU? Glad we get to face them in Brookings in less than 2 weeks.

Dane96
October 14th, 2012, 07:04 PM

Written by
Terry Vandrovec

The GPI is a joke.

NEVER EVER use it on this board as a source of reasoning otherwise you will receive the wrath of many. So many other reasons you can use to argue for SDSU than the bull**** GPI that is a composite of computer crap.

Dane96
October 14th, 2012, 07:05 PM

NOBODY...including the NCAA uses the GPI.

It is the product of a two people; the former owner of this board and one other. And I want either of those people to get on record that the GPI is absolutely 100% used by the Committee.

They would be hard-pressed to prove that fact...something that would be oh so simple to get on record if it were true.

Bisonwinagn
October 14th, 2012, 07:57 PM

It is the product of a two people; the former owner of this board and one other. And I want either of those people to get on record that the GPI is absolutely 100% used by the Committee.

They would be hard-pressed to prove that fact...something that would be oh so simple to get on record if it were true.

The GPI has correctly predicted the playoff teams the past two years with the exception of an at large team from the OVC. It is the ONLY thing to use to get an idea of at large teams and the rankings seem to be in line with expectations. I'm confident the GPI will be very close again this year..

Dane96
October 15th, 2012, 08:26 AM
The GPI is not a predictor of playoff teams.

It may have been right....but it is not a predictive formula.

Carry on.

wapiti
October 15th, 2012, 09:08 AM
I think Sac State should be on the bubble team list.
But with their next 3 games against @EWU, CP, and MSU that will change.
To either off the list or onto the playoffs.

Hammerhead
October 15th, 2012, 09:13 AM
The playoff selection committee uses a variation of the GPI according to the 2010 championship manual.
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/smu/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2010-11FootballHandbook.pdf

"Team finishes the season ranked 20 or higher in an average of the last regular-season media, coaches and/or computer polls (which will be determined by the committee on an annual basis). For 2010, the media poll will be the Sports Network Poll, the coaches poll will be the FCS Coaches poll and the computer poll will be a variation of the Gridiron Power Index – using only the following computer rankings: The Massey Ratings, Wolfe Rankings, Ashburn Rankings, Self Rankings and the Laz Index. " (emphasis added)

Nova09
October 15th, 2012, 09:18 AM

or if they lose to bucknell or hc it won't shake up the pl standings but lehigh won't be in discussion for a seed, so we can grab a playoff spot and maybe even host when we get paired with them!:D

WileECoyote06
October 15th, 2012, 10:28 AM
The GPI is not a predictor of playoff teams.

It may have been right....but it is not a predictive formula.

Carry on.

May I ask why you despise the GPI so much?

Dane96
October 15th, 2012, 10:44 AM
The playoff selection committee uses a variation of the GPI according to the 2010 championship manual.
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/smu/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2010-11FootballHandbook.pdf

"Team finishes the season ranked 20 or higher in an average of the last regular-season media, coaches and/or computer polls (which will be determined by the committee on an annual basis). For 2010, the media poll will be the Sports Network Poll, the coaches poll will be the FCS Coaches poll and the computer poll will be a variation of the Gridiron Power Index – using only the following computer rankings: The Massey Ratings, Wolfe Rankings, Ashburn Rankings, Self Rankings and the Laz Index. " (emphasis added)

No...no they don't; ask them directly.

My friend, you don't want to rehash what has been hashed here for years. It is only used for the bridge qualifier...which has NEVER needed to be utilized.

So, in fact, the GPI has never been used.

Dane96
October 15th, 2012, 10:45 AM

Do a search on this board. there are years of post on it.

Bottom line: it is a consolidator.

danefan
October 15th, 2012, 10:46 AM

We don't hate it. Its nothing more than any other averaging tool.

The issue I have with the GPI is the false claims by Ralph Wallace about its use.

The GPI is no different than the Masey Ratings Comparison. It does the exact same thing. http://masseyratings.com/cf/compare1aa.htm

tingly
October 15th, 2012, 11:04 AM
The committee chair said they use everything they can get their hands on. It's known that the committee has a copy of some GPI that CSN provides. Maybe they only provide the NCAA version or just the CSN version, maybe both. Claims of false claims could easily be the falsehood. The one false claim you can nail them on is that it projects the field. It doesn't except for the Nov. 18th GPI, assuming that it beats the announcement.

Posters here pick the field better than GPI ever has, so I don't care much about it, especially this far away from the announcement. I looked into NCAA's GPI today out of curiosity and it looks kinda wacky.

danefan
October 15th, 2012, 11:08 AM
The committee chair said they use everything they can get their hands on. It's known that the committee has a copy of some GPI that CSN provides. Maybe they only provide the NCAA version or just the CSN version, maybe both. Claims of false claims could easily be the falsehood. The one false claim you can nail them on is that it projects the field. It doesn't except for the Nov. 18th GPI, assuming that it beats the announcement.

Posters here pick the field better than GPI ever has, so I don't care much about it, especially this far away from the announcement. I looked into NCAA's GPI today out of curiosity and it looks kinda wacky.

You have access to the NCAA GPI? Did CSN release it yet?

I'll wait to care about the GPI until someone officially confirms its used for anyone by the NCAA other than the Bridge AQ.

Dane96
October 15th, 2012, 11:25 AM
THIS!

tingly
October 15th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Any numnuts like myself can plug the numbers into a spreadsheet and get either GPI. I used to figure up CSN's GPI way before they released it each week, but I stopped bothering maybe 3 years ago. I'm pretty much over NCAA's already. I don't like the ratios.

Dane96
October 15th, 2012, 09:13 PM
You mean before you released it?!

We are on to you.

Saint3333
October 15th, 2012, 09:21 PM
I guarantee at least one 7-4 team will make the playoffs.

tingly
October 15th, 2012, 10:40 PM
I think danefan is Ralph. He who smelt it, dealt it. Arguing with himself to promote csn.

Dane96
October 15th, 2012, 11:00 PM
I can tell you for a fact, I have spoken to them both...one thankfully only once...and Danefan is indeed NOT Ralph. He actually has class.

tingly
October 15th, 2012, 11:26 PM
You're ruining the jokefest by being sensical.

Go Apps
October 16th, 2012, 06:26 AM
I guarantee at least one 7-4 team will make the playoffs.

Still do not believe it but Sam Houston State woud be that first team...just so many 8 or less quality loss teams will be available - the Big Sky and CAA really mess things up as some of those schedules do not have the top teams meeting - Cal Poly is a great example -

kalm
October 16th, 2012, 06:45 AM
or if they lose to bucknell or hc it won't shake up the pl standings but lehigh won't be in discussion for a seed, so we can grab a playoff spot and maybe even host when we get paired with them!:D

A seed? Way too much love being extended to Lehigh and EKU for that matter. Granted they both made good showings in the playoffs last year, but I would take a 7-4 Montana, SHSU, or Delaware over an OVC #2 or 9-2 Lehigh. The SOS just isn't there.

Go Apps
October 16th, 2012, 06:54 AM
A seed? Way too much love being extended to Lehigh and EKU for that matter. Granted they both made good showings in the playoffs last year, but I would take a 7-4 Montana, SHSU, or Delaware over an OVC #2 or 9-2 Lehigh. The SOS just isn't there.

Montana is done! Unfortunately was hoping they would start winning - just don't see them getting in after a bad loss to S. Utah

kalm
October 16th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Montana is done! Unfortunately was hoping they would start winning - just don't see them getting in after a bad loss to S. Utah

Oh I agree that they are probably done, it was just an example. But SUU is probably better than anyone on Lehigh's schedule.

Go Apps
October 16th, 2012, 06:57 AM
THat I agree with

frozennorth
October 16th, 2012, 07:07 AM
i get the feeling that the valley is going to cannibalize itself again, and only get 2 bids.

frozennorth
October 16th, 2012, 07:10 AM
also, it looks like the bsc has a good shot at 4 teams going 7-1 or better in conference.

UNIFanSince1983
October 16th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Here are the teams based on my FCS BCS Rankings. I had a tough time with the autobids because I wanted to just use whoever was leading the conferences, but seeing as SE La was leading the Southland I could hardly do that with the stretch they have coming up. They could prove me wrong as they have already beat McNeese, but we will find out. I also picked NDSU because SDSU has a very very tough stretch of games coming up. Again they could prove me wrong, but they would have to go into the Fargodome and get a win which I do not see happening unless Jensen hands them the game like he did this weekend to the Trees.

Conference AQ
Big Sky Eastern Wash
Big South Stony Brook
CAA James Madison
MEAC Bethune-Cookman
MVFC NDSU
NEC Albany
OVC Tennessee St.
Patriot Lehigh
SoCon Georgia Southern
Southland Cent Arkansas

At-Large Teams
Montana St.
Cal Poly
Illinois St.
Appalachian St.
Northern Ariz
Old Dominion
Wofford
Sam Houston St.
S Dakota St.
New Hampshire

Nova09
October 16th, 2012, 08:21 AM

I agree Lehigh is ranked too high, but I'm looking at where they are right now and the very real possibility that they win out and continue to climb, and they could at least be in the discussion for a seed. If they lose even once, no chance at a seed. The point is if Lehigh loses to Colgate then it hurts Nova because that's a bid gone, but if Lehigh loses to someone else then it's good for Nova (if we make the playoffs anyway) cuz we could get paired with Lehigh geographically and end up hosting (or if not having an easy trip).

Lehigh'98
October 16th, 2012, 08:41 AM
I agree Lehigh is ranked too high, but I'm looking at where they are right now and the very real possibility that they win out and continue to climb, and they could at least be in the discussion for a seed. If they lose even once, no chance at a seed. The point is if Lehigh loses to Colgate then it hurts Nova because that's a bid gone, but if Lehigh loses to someone else then it's good for Nova (if we make the playoffs anyway) cuz we could get paired with Lehigh geographically and end up hosting (or if not having an easy trip).

That is a very high % matchup if LU wins out and Nova finishes strong. I watched your highlight tape against ODU and your QB concerns me because he seems very mobile and can throw some too. I will say though, while it may be an easy drive, it won't be an easy trip coming to play at Lehigh in the first round, the game will be a dogfight.

Nova09
October 16th, 2012, 08:54 AM
That is a very high % matchup if LU wins out and Nova finishes strong. I watched your highlight tape against ODU and your QB concerns me because he seems very mobile and can throw some too. I will say though, while it may be an easy drive, it won't be an easy trip coming to play at Lehigh in the first round, the game will be a dogfight.

Never said the game would be easy, just rather have that drive than a cross country flight to Cheney for a Friday evening game coming off a late game Saturday in Boone, NC (accessible via nothing).:p

Lehigh'98
October 16th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Never said the game would be easy, just rather have that drive than a cross country flight to Cheney for a Friday evening game coming off a late game Saturday in Boone, NC (accessible via nothing).:p

Yea, its a very very tough road travelling cross country to win a game in Dec. Not too many FBS or NFL teams have success with it either.

Go Apps
October 16th, 2012, 09:20 AM
i get the feeling that the valley is going to cannibalize itself again, and only get 2 bids.

Are you saying the MVC - no way they get at least 3

kalm
October 16th, 2012, 10:14 AM

Getting a seed is a huge advantage for us westerners. You guys played a hell of a game that night anyway and we're in it till the end.

tingly
October 16th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Massey has this as final standings, barring upsets.
7-1, 10-1 NDSU
7-1, 9-2 SDSU
7-1, 9-2 Indiana St (6-2, 8-3 with loss to YSU)
4-4, 7-4 Youngstown St (5-3, 8-3 with win over Indiana St)
4-4, 7-4 Illinois St (5-3, 8-3 with win over No. Iowa)
4-4, 5-6 S. Illinois
Indiana State owns the NDSU-Indiana State tiebreaker. NDSU owns the other 7-1 tiebreaks.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 16th, 2012, 01:26 PM
1. Cal Poly
@App St.
South Dakota St.

@Youngstown State
Stony Brook

5. Ga Southern
ODU

@Tennessee State
Bethune-Cookman

4. JMU

3. Eastern Washington
@Lehigh
Albany

@UNH
Wofford

@Montana St.
Sam Houston St.

@Illinois St.
Northern AZ

2. NDSU

On the bubble:
Villanova, EKU, Sacramento St., Indiana St., Central Arkansas, Samford

Gonna be a wild finish and some broken hearts before all is said and done.

danefan
October 16th, 2012, 01:28 PM
1. Cal Poly
@App St.
South Dakota St.

@Youngstown State
Stony Brook

5. Ga Southern
ODU

@Tennessee State
Bethune-Cookman

4. JMU

3. Eastern Washington
@Lehigh
Albany

@UNH
Wofford

@Montana St.
Sam Houston St.

@Illinois St.
Northern AZ

2. NDSU

On the bubble:

Those are some good looking matchups right there.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 16th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Those are some good looking matchups right there.

You can really plug in and out a bunch of teams (my bubble list) and get just as good games I think.

danefan
October 16th, 2012, 01:41 PM
You can really plug in and out a bunch of teams (my bubble list) and get just as good games I think.

So much parity this year. I still think NDSU is the favorite in my mind to win it all but there will be some battles.

I keep pointing this out, but I think this year is especially true. The addition of the Big South and NEC auto-bid has done nothing except strengthen the field. It looks like the NEC and Big South champs this year will be solid teams and without the additional 2 at-larges that expansion generated, there would be some national championship contenders sitting at home.

roTSU50
October 16th, 2012, 01:43 PM
1. Cal Poly
@App St.
South Dakota St.

@Youngstown State
Stony Brook

5. Ga Southern
ODU

@Tennessee State
Bethune-Cookman

4. JMU

3. Eastern Washington
@Lehigh
Albany

@UNH
Wofford

@Montana St.
Sam Houston St.

@Illinois St.
Northern AZ

2. NDSU

On the bubble:

We already played Bethune Cookman earlier this year.

danefan
October 16th, 2012, 01:44 PM
We already played Bethune Cookman earlier this year.

You can have a rematch in the first round as long as its not a conference rematch.

WileECoyote06
October 16th, 2012, 01:45 PM
1. Cal Poly
@App St.
South Dakota St.

@Youngstown State
Stony Brook

5. Ga Southern
ODU

@Tennessee State
Bethune-Cookman

4. JMU

3. Eastern Washington
@Lehigh
Albany

@UNH
Wofford

@Montana St.
Sam Houston St.

@Illinois St.
Northern AZ

2. NDSU

On the bubble:

Well if this pans out, some conference is going to break a decade+ long playoff losing streak. TSU and BCU have played this year already. Does the avoiding rematches in the first game policy apply here, or is that only for conference mates?

danefan
October 16th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Well if this pans out, some conference is going to break a decade+ long playoff losing streak. TSU and BCU have played this year already. Does the avoiding rematches in the first game policy apply here, or is that only for conference mates?

Only conference mates.

Maybe the committee will match them up on purpose then to get a conference a win!

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 16th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Oversight on my part. Still, apparently it could technically happen, but I doubt it.

In other news, latest GPI has JMU at 14. CAA now 5th among conferences, falling behind the Southland conference. Wow. Win and lost 6 spots. Clearly a sign of the relatively weak schedule of the Dukes so far, but too much bias against W&M as they have a bunch of super close losses. They are the best 2-5 team I have ever seen.

georgecostanza
October 17th, 2012, 01:20 AM
Left Bracket
#1 EWU
Tennessee State vs. Appalachian St.

Lehigh vs. Old Dominion

#4 Georgia Southern
Stony Brook vs. Albany

#5 James Madison
Youngstown St.

Right Bracket
#2 NDSU
Wofford vs. Bethune-Cookman

New Hampshire vs. Northern Arizona

#3 Montana St.
South Dakota State vs. Central Arkansas

Illinois State vs. Cal Poly

Big Sky - 4
MVFC - 4
CAA - 3
SoCon - 3

MTfan4life
October 17th, 2012, 06:28 AM
1. Eastern Washington
@Sam Houston State
New Hampshire

@Eastern Kentucky
Indiana State

5. Cal Poly
South Dakota State

@Old Dominion
NC Central

4. Georgia Southern

3. North Dakota State
@Montana State
Tennessee Martin

@Appalachian State
Central Arkansas

@Lehigh
Villanova

@Stony Brook
Albany

2. James Madison

Sure NC Central is a stretch, but I'm just throwing something different out there with that choice. Also, a Lehigh home game might be a stretch, but one would think they'd bring the house for a rare home playoff game, especially during an undefeated season.

Last two in: Tennessee Martin & New Hampshire
Last teams out: Northern Arizona, Illinois State, Wofford, Youngstown State, Tennessee State.

WileECoyote06
October 17th, 2012, 10:51 AM
1. Eastern Washington
@Sam Houston State
New Hampshire

@Eastern Kentucky
Indiana State

5. Cal Poly
South Dakota State

@Old Dominion
NC Central

4. Georgia Southern

3. North Dakota State
@Montana State
Tennessee Martin

@Appalachian State
Central Arkansas

@Lehigh
Villanova

@Stony Brook
Albany

2. James Madison

Sure NC Central is a stretch, but I'm just throwing something different out there with that choice. Also, a Lehigh home game might be a stretch, but one would think they'd bring the house for a rare home playoff game, especially during an undefeated season.

Last two in: Tennessee Martin & New Hampshire
Last teams out: Northern Arizona, Illinois State, Wofford, Youngstown State, Tennessee State.

I love my school, and I would take it. . but we are in no way solid enough to win the MEAC this year. Our d-line is still very small by FCS standards. Our offense has improved a WHOLE lot since Jordan Reid wrested the starting QB job away; but our pass defense/pass rush is terrible.

van
October 17th, 2012, 01:58 PM
So much parity this year. I still think NDSU is the favorite in my mind to win it all but there will be some battles.

I keep pointing this out, but I think this year is especially true. The addition of the Big South and NEC auto-bid has done nothing except strengthen the field. It looks like the NEC and Big South champs this year will be solid teams and without the additional 2 at-larges that expansion generated, there would be some national championship contenders sitting at home.

NEC and Big S auto-bids look helpful assuming favorites take care of business. NEC and Big S could really throw a curve ball if favorites are upset along the way, and stranger things have happened!

danefan
October 17th, 2012, 02:14 PM
NEC and Big S auto-bids look helpful assuming favorites take care of business. NEC and Big S could really throw a curve ball if favorites are upset along the way, and stranger things have happened!

Agreed.

bjtheflamesfan
October 17th, 2012, 03:12 PM
If LU beats Coastal next weekend, I think a lot of teams are gonna be rooting for SBU on November 10 (heck, theyll be rooting for them even if CCU wins because if LU beats SBU that throws a definite wrench into things as far as at large bids go)