PDA

View Full Version : Stony Brook 27 - Coastal Carolina 21 (Final in a strange game)

TheBoyWhoSeaWolf
October 13th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Think about this Sea Wolves:

1) Miguel Maysonet runs for 233 yards with 2 TDs, averaging 9 yards/carry
2) Coker adds 64 yards, averaging 5.8 yards/carry
3) Essington is 10/13 for 181 yards, 2 TDs/0 INTs

All good performances, yet we barely won and almost gave the game away in the 4th quarter. It didn't help that our kicker, who hadn't missed a single kick all season, had an off day and missed 2 FGs and a PAT.

Coastal threw for 271 yards and rushed for 201 and they fumbled the ball as they were driving down the field at the end. We were lucky to escape with the W, it was an exciting game, but for my own health's sake I like the blowouts better. As they were driving down the field about to take the lead at the end of the 4th quarter I felt like I was watching our season go down the drain.

By the way, how obnoxious is it that on Long Island, Cablevision doesn't provide Espn3. Makes me crazy. Instead I listened to the coastal radio feed, which was great.

Seawolf97
October 13th, 2012, 08:30 PM
It was sloopy but we struggled through it. Credit Coastal with playing tough at home as they always do. Great offensive production today our defense really had to work .

jmufan
October 13th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Congrats on the win, SB is going to be a tough team in the CAA. I think it was tough on everyone today. Today was upset city and only a few were able to survive like JMU and SB.