PDA

View Full Version : App State deserves a thread

ASU_Fanatic
October 13th, 2012, 05:28 PM
What a comeback and final drive. We're coming Wofford

Horseshoe App
October 13th, 2012, 05:31 PM

It should have never come to that. We got to do better.

ASU_Fanatic
October 13th, 2012, 05:32 PM
But it was still an epic finish and we somehow found a way to win

MorgantonAPPAlum
October 13th, 2012, 05:34 PM
A nice comeback-might be the difference between whether or not we get a playoff bid. We blew a couple of scoring chances in Samford's red zone and let them come back from 21-10 at the half to take a late lead, so I am concerned that we didn't do everything we could to put it away when we had the chance, but the last drive was nicely executed and we came through when we needed it.

Apphole
October 13th, 2012, 05:37 PM
What an incredible one-minute drive to snatch victory away from Sammy. Satterfield's ingenuity and Jamal Jackson's resolve are unparalleled at the FCS level.

This is Samford's superbowl (like every other FCS programwe play). Fake punts, trick plays. We got their best shot and somehow weathered it. They are a solid team. I almost feel bad for handing them another L.

ASUMountaineer
October 13th, 2012, 05:53 PM

He speaks the truth!

ASUMountaineer
October 13th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Satterfield's ingenuity was put on the shelf for the a while in that game. Glad he found it at the end.

cbarrier90
October 13th, 2012, 05:56 PM

Hate to agree but you can't enjoy this one too much. The past two weeks ASU has been fortunate to escape. The injuries and youth especially on the defensive side of the ball have to catch up eventually.

Apphole
October 13th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Satterfield's ingenuity was put on the shelf for the a while in that game. Glad he found it at the end.

Conservative in the second half, absolutely.

mountaineerman
October 13th, 2012, 06:49 PM
we should move up considerably after the fall of all thoose top teams beware of the neers we are rolling . I love that the canadiens got beat

AppMAN04
October 13th, 2012, 07:43 PM
That was a great win for the boys today!! Should we have played better yes, but they kept their heads in the game and as we have done many times before play to the very end..

theasushow
October 13th, 2012, 07:48 PM
we should move up considerably after the fall of all thoose top teams beware of the neers we are rolling . I love that the canadiens got beat

I agree, not too sure that's a good thing though. I'm just not convinced ASU is playing like a top 10 team right now.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 13th, 2012, 07:49 PM
I agree, not too sure that's a good thing though. I'm just not convinced ASU is playing like a top 10 team right now.

After this week, I think there's only about 4 teams that can say they are. This was a week when surviving was the most important thing. Style points mean very little.

GlassOnion
October 13th, 2012, 07:52 PM
It feels if we're building up for a letdown though. At this point, we're absolutely decimated with injuries. We've just got no depth left anywhere right now.

T-Dog
October 13th, 2012, 07:54 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A5IISvPCcAAZ2eY.jpg

theasushow
October 13th, 2012, 07:54 PM
It feels if we're building up for a letdown though. At this point, we're absolutely decimated with injuries. We've just got no depth left anywhere right now.

I agree, I think if we had played GSU or Wofford the past 2 weeks then we might not be sittin so pretty. We'll know much more about this team after next week.

MorgantonAPPAlum
October 13th, 2012, 08:09 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A5IISvPCcAAZ2eY.jpg

Thanks for posting that-so long as he had possession, he was definitely in.

APPride
October 13th, 2012, 08:10 PM
todays winning catch!

SpeedkingATL
October 13th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Just got back to ATL from the game. Glad to see the picture of Price as we couldn't tell if he was in or out....just know the offical threw his arms up. Not a pretty win but a great finish against a pretty good Samford team. Win and move on.

AtlantaMountaineer
October 13th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Glad we got some visual evidence. The Samford announcers were crying foul in the post game show saying no way he was in bounds and the call hurt the integrity of the game. Sounded like sour grapes to me. But it had to be a devastating loss for them as some of their fans had left thinking the game was over.

GATA_Eagles
October 13th, 2012, 09:53 PM
The road to the SoCon title goes through Statesboro. Can't wait for November 3rd.

gasoutherneagle
October 13th, 2012, 09:56 PM

Oh yeah, wait for the Eagle mother to mush-up the terrier guts for her young and then reach in and slurp it up... That a way, big boy.

MarchingMountaineer
October 14th, 2012, 04:30 AM
Oh yeah, wait for the Eagle mother to mush-up the terrier guts for her young and then reach in and slurp it up... That a way, big boy.

So ASU should give all the credit to GSU if they beat Wofford. If GSU beats ASU, will you give full credit to WU (and every other team they've played this season) for softening them up as well?

gasoutherneagle
October 14th, 2012, 04:52 AM
So ASU should give all the credit to GSU if they beat Wofford. If GSU beats ASU, will you give full credit to WU (and every other team they've played this season) for softening them up as well?

Nice try... not biting.

Wofford was undefeated going into Paulson. They left with a loss. Yeah, they are now "softened up" for you.

Your welcome.

AppAlum2003
October 14th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Nice try... not biting.

Wofford was undefeated going into Paulson. They left with a loss. Yeah, they are now "softened up" for you.

Your welcome.

My welcome what?

Mountaineer#96
October 14th, 2012, 07:24 AM

And so it begins..............

Couldn't wait for us to play Wofford and then we can turn our attention your way. Go play knat hockey with Honey Boo Boo in the backyard before momma calls you in for supper again.

asumike83
October 14th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Nice try... not biting.

Your welcome.

I'd have rather faced them undefeated than coming off a loss with their backs against the wall. I wouldn't say you guys were softened up after you left Boone with your first loss last year. It also doesn't appear that The Citadel softened up Appalachian or Georgia Southern when they handed each team their first SoCon loss this season, given the run that both teams have been on since then.

Saint3333
October 14th, 2012, 07:42 AM
That was my first thought Mike. I would have rather WC come in confident, now this game could mean a share of the title for them.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 14th, 2012, 07:43 AM
I'd have rather faced them undefeated than coming off a loss with their backs against the wall. I wouldn't say you guys were softened up after you left Boone with your first loss last year. It also doesn't appear that The Citadel softened up Appalachian or Georgia Southern when they handed each team their first SoCon loss, given the run that both teams have been on since then.

I would agree with this. But by the same token, you now control your own destiny thanks to us. Matter of fact, you can win the SoCon outright by winning out and we still need someone else to beat Wofford.

asumike83
October 14th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I would agree with this. But by the same token, you now control your own destiny thanks to us. Matter of fact, you can win the SoCon outright by winning out and we still need someone else to beat Wofford.

That is true about an outright title. However, App already controlled their own destiny for the autobid as of last week when The Citadel got their second conference loss.

An outright title would be great but considering how tough it is to win in Statesboro, I think our biggest game is next weekend. We need that home win badly and I'd rather not face Wofford coming off a loss.

It would have been a tough game regardless though, time to buckle up our chin straps.

GlassOnion
October 14th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Wofford's loss could play both ways I think. Yes, they could play like mad dogs cornered, or they could think, "Hmm, maybe we arent as good as we thought," or "I guess Lincoln wasnt all that great..." One things for sure, I wont pick against App, especially at home.

gsu_paintballer
October 14th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Wofford's loss could play both ways I think. Yes, they could play like mad dogs cornered, or they could think, "Hmm, maybe we arent as good as we thought," or "I guess Lincoln wasnt all that great..." One things for sure, I wont pick against App, especially at home.

Wofford is a VERY good team. Losing a Top 10 game is nothing to be upset about (other than the normal being upset over losing ANY game)

GlassOnion
October 14th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Wofford is a VERY good team. Losing a Top 10 game is nothing to be upset about (other than the normal being upset over losing ANY game)

Wofford is always a solid team, and I have great respect for coach Ayers. He has always been very solid, and classy, and has kept Wofford at a relativaly high level.

SpeedkingATL
October 14th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Having watched every App State game this year, here we are going in game #8 and I still don't know what to expect from this team. Even at Sammy yesterday the team looked horrible in the 1st and 3rd quarters but somehow turned it on to score on the last drive. App has handled Wofford pretty well at The Rock but the only option team App played ran all over them in Citdogs. Hopefully the good Team Sybil shows up against Wofford or it could be a long day. App, like GaSo controls their destiny and that is a good thing.